Eating nothing but drinking for two days only okay?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Eating nothing but drinking for two days only okay?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sant0s 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello fasters 🙂

last week I started my absolutly first fasting experience.
    One day I though is good for the beginning.
    It was fantastic. Had a very good day and the next moring I thought, why not going on.

So to not get overact, I made the second day but ate a bit for dinner.
    The days since the fasting I still feel very good – there are some tiny but obviously benefits. Only by that one first fasting experience.
    I read, that its okay to eat for example 600 calories – but is it okay, to not eat anything the two days? Or like I did it the last time – only eating dinner at the second day?

Funny is, that I am realy pleased and could not wait to fast again 😉
    Tomorow is my first fasting days and I celebrated it with a very good fish meal at a restaurant next to me.
    All the last days I ate good fish/meat and vegetables, tried to get full of nutrients with fresh food.

What do you think?

Thx a lot!
    sant0s

Hi Sant0s,

I fast Mondays where I have a small 400 cal meal, and I also fast Thursdays where I don’t eat anything following the ‘it is easier not to eat’ idea. I do not think there is any harm not eating on your fast days, but it does make it so that it becomes more important that what you eat on your non-fast days is reasonably healthy because each meal you have represents a larger portion of your weekly caloric intake as compared to eating every day like most people.

For example, I can eat really well for four days and eat a lot of junk food on three days. In a week, that’s 57% good food, 43% junk food. Now if I start 5:2 and cut out two good eating days I now have 2 days good food and 3 days junk food, or 40% good food and 60% junk food. We don’t want to be giving our body bad food on the fewer days we are eating.

Hey Phil,
    thx for your answer!

Actually, I try to eat always good food, heheh 😉
    Since I already realised, that for example my itching on scalp is completely gone when I stop eating grains and sugar, I thought about going more into ketosis with good fats. Also different other benefits I have when avoiding to much carbs for some days.
    Like I wrote, I moved to the ocean side and have try to eat good fish, fresh vegetables and other good food. Maybe I can built in a day, where I eat some sort a junk food – or lets say, where I eat a good cake and frensh fries to my steak, that would be nice!

But seems like I am doing it somehow okay. Lets go on with that.
    Thx again for answering! 🙂
    sant0s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.