Eating a lot of food on fasting days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Eating a lot of food on fasting days

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’m fasting today, my 3rd day in a row. Last night I promised my wife that we’d eat some chocolate together “tomorrow”, meaning that I’ll probably break my fast tonight. My wife can eat all the chocolate she wants, she weighs 48 kilos (about 7-and-a-half stone).

Lunch today feels substantial. I couldn’t finish it, I will need to let what I’ve eaten so far settle then go back for an afternoon snack. Can we post photos here? I’d like to be able to share what my lunch looks like.

Today I packed a big pile of lettuce (red oak and green oak). The lettuce is about 15 calories per 100g, and 100g is a lot of lettuce. I must have packed 200g, maybe 300g, this morning. To go with that I had 100g of ham (108 calories), 2 slices of vintage cheese (170 calories) and a tomato (about 25 calories). So maybe 350 calories in total. I take a little cheese, a slice of ham, a wedge of tomato, wrap it all up in one or two lettuce leaves after sprinkling a little salt and pepper on top, and eat it like a sandwich. Then I have another, and another.

Just as enjoyable but, for me, more filling than a burger and chips or a curry.
    Am I doing this wrong? Because it certainly doesn’t feel like fasting.

You’re doing it right. Calories are the measure not quantity or type of food for the fast diet as written.

The fasting is the period between meals. To keep to such a low calorie count is almost impossible without cutting out snacking, and most people also reduce the number of meals.

Leafy greens are one of the best ways to fill up without consuming lots of calories. I think I’ve eaten more lettuce, spinach, watercress etc this year than in the last 10 combined, and I now actually enjoy it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.