Dr Moseley please research Grain Brain

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Dr Moseley please research Grain Brain

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SAMM 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all,
    This is my first post and just to introduce myself, my progress has been a bit slow,weight wise 🙁 But I intend to persevere as I just generally feel so much better. 🙂

I would like to ask Dr Mosley if he could do some research or at least give his opinion on Dr Perlmutter’s book Grain Brain which says that we need to have basically a gluten free diet and increase the amount good fats in our diets. He says we need the fats to feed our brains, and the low fat high carbohydrate diet is what is contributing to diabetes and dementia. It is a very compelling read and he bases it on many studies and a lot of research. He is also a neurologist and a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition. So it seems to me he knows what he is taking about.

This is a great forum, thanks everyone for their contributions and support. And I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post… please let me know if its not.
    Have a great day.

Hi Nelly

I’m on board with Dr perlmutter recomendations.
    I’m currently practice 4:3 fasting .

When i started I was struggling to change my portion sizes. But around 8 weeks was not struggling with 5:2.
    However there were no demonized foods or forbidden foods. As my weight started to plateau. I went on to fit 4:3 into my schedule and start exercising on the 4 feed days.

after watching dr perlmutter tv program on PBS in states. I realized that the gluten free diet is a good fit on 4:3 where one day I exercise for brain health. And then on the fast day eat the omega3 as the fasting foods. Finding this approach doable.

I also practice jump rope. As it helps to circulate the lymphatic sytem. Though it took me a year to get to the point of jumping for 7-10 minutes for 160 calories it accomplishes both H.I.T. and the exercise quota dr perlmutter recommends.

After 2 years of intermittent fasting and observing hiit exercise. I started at 274lbs and am currently 204lbs.

my current weekly formula is 5000 calories of diet restriction and 2000 calories of exercise. Gluten free and fiber rich.

though I believe in the gluten free diet and practice it.
    I wouldnt have wanted to do to much to soon on 5:2. As i wasnt sick or compelled to start controlling my meals for any other reason than weight loss.
    I felt like 5:2 intermittent fasting was an invitation to just do the doable. And the hit exercise the same just the doable approach.

I mean to say as person that isnt a patient. These are my food and exercise choices. Gluten free foods and omega3 are satisfying enough to truly enjoy them . Thats why I continue on with them in my menu making.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.