Does anyone know of a GP in N.E. Ohio that prescribes fasting for diabetics?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Does anyone know of a GP in N.E. Ohio that prescribes fasting for diabetics?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  QuietOne 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• My wife has type 2 diabetes. Her Doctor just prescribed Piogltazone for her. We looked it up on the internet and decided it is basically poison. She doesn’t want to take it. She is afraid to fast because she fears it will cause her sugar to drop. I have read enough to know fasting can reverse her diabetes but I am not enough of an expert to convince her or know how to safely assist her or advise her on how to proceed. I have been doing the 5:2 fast for 1 1/2 years but I am not diabetic. I need a doctor to help her with fasting. Can anybody help us? Any other ideas or advice?

Hi Phillip:

I believe Dr. Fung has an inexpensive (about $200) on line treatment program available. Like 5:2, it is simple to explain but harder to do. However, reports are that it is very effective, and, of course, requires no hormones or drugs (which is why he can do it on line). The biggest problem with the patient is mental, combined with the fact doctors have no clue how or why it works and are totally negative when the issue of fasting is raised.

A person can actually do the program under the supervision of their doctor without telling him. Most doctors will recommend that their patient lose some weight. The program, which starts with a water fast and continues with ADF using a ketogenic (Atkins type) diet, is extremely effective for weight loss. It just happens to also reverse the diabetes. So a person can continue under the care of their doctor, go in for all tests and check ups and receive continued medical oversight while doing what is necessary to reverse the diabetes. Of course the doctor will be puzzled why the diabetes is getting better! Probably will credit it to weight loss.

Here is one Dr. Fung’s lectures that condenses the process and gives a couple of case studies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLoaVNQ3rc

Dr. Fung’s success with this is pretty amazing. You can check out his web site http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-perfect-treatment-for-diabetes-and-weight-loss

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.