Do you weigh food before or after cooking?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Do you weigh food before or after cooking?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NatashaRebecca 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all, just wondering re: calorie count, do we weigh vegetables before or after cooking? For example, 200g broccoli would weigh differently after steaming. As would 100g fish. Thanks.

Vivianb hi I haven’t found the answer yet it seem to be whats one wants to do. I have read answers from both camps.
    I went with weigh before as I thought it would give me a little Leigh way when cooked!

Cheers,
    Tim.

Hi Tim, thanks for your response. I also found answers pointing to doing it both ways. I was wondering whether anyone had come across what Michael or Mimi actually suggest for 5:2. Cheers,Vivian.

Hi Vivianb I have read 3 books by M & M and can’t recall it getting a mention.
    I have read on a forum, can’t remember where that some do and some don’t! Not much help I’m afraid. Its a WHO [ Way of life ] thing so please yourself is best. if you have’t already read the FAQ
    at the top of this page please do.
    Cheers,
    Tim.

Thanks again Tim, yes I have read the FAQs & I’ve read 2 of Michael’s books & I can’t remember anything being mentioned in either about when to weigh. So I’ll just keep doing it before cooking on fast days. I gather this’ll cut down the actual calories, which may be a good thing. Cheers, Vivian.

Most packaging gives the details for food before it’s cooked so that’s how I weigh it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.