DO YOU TAKE VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
DO YOU TAKE VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mukica 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’m trying to eat less and eat healthier – I’ve been doing this plan for a few days the low carb med plan without the fasting for now. I’m trying to look at what I eat and when I eat it and unpick my bad habits eg I have a tendency to pack in big meals like I need to be full, or I think if it’s healthy food then the more the better, as it’s making me healthier – it’s weird logic, I know.

So I’ve been thinking do I actually need to be taking vitamin and mineral supplements? I take a probiotic, a vit c, magnesium as it helps with restless legs, zinc for immunity, vit d for immunity etc etc am I just throwing my money away?

Yes I take supplements during the 5:2. I’ve been taking them for muscle cramps and menopause and find they help; pre/probiotics, magnesium, multi-vitamin, Omega 3. Only been on diet for 2 weeks but did a detox beforehand and am seeing weight loss and cm lost. Do what’s best for your situation.

I take Vitamin C and melatonin (is this considered a vitamin supplement?). In the past, I occasionally took B vitamins and iron as well. A close friend is also curious about B12 supplements which led me to this https://www.patchmd.com/b12-shots-injections.html but I have no experience there. I did read an article from The Atlantic if I remember correctly that vitamin supplements do not help significantly and the best way is to still get the necessary vitamins and nutrients from food. Still, you’ll have doctors recommending it to their patients including my own, so I’m confused if it’s just throwing money.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.