Diet Shakes?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bustoff 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m looking for something that is quick and easy on a Fast Day, when I’m on the go and I thought about commercial diet shakes. I’ve personally never tried one and I was wondering if a person could occasionally live on them for a fast day. Not always, but every now and then. Thanks.

Hi bustoff – like the name, I wish I could do that with mine!!!! 😀

Personally, I avoid ‘diet’ shakes like the plague as I would rather have real food than a mix of powdered chemicals but you have to do what suits you and your lifestyle.

I prepare my fast day meal the night before – usually a thick veggie soup with pieces of chicken in or a veggie bolognese or chilli with some quorn. I eat that with courgette spaghetti or cauliflower rice as I try to avoid ‘white’ carbs on a fast day. I usually eat this meal at around 6pm on a fast day.

Good luck

Bustoff, I would be careful with those shakes, less for health reasons but plainly for the fact that I doubt they fill you up enough. Eggs for instance have the wonderful effect of making you feel “full” and that feeling can last for quite some time.

I used to drink shakes from “Herbalife”, not to loose weight but because it was an easy substitute for breakfast. If I mix Herbalife with a weetabix, a banana and some blueberries then it would last for quite a while. But take a wild guess…this comes to quite a few calories.

These days, if I can’t be bothered with dinner, I make myself a Lean Cuisine ready made meal or I just eat some eggs with some Ryvita.

As sylvestra says though, you need to find your own way.

Best of luck
    Stef.

I just thought I would ask. I’m looking for something easy on busy days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.