Diarrhea During fasting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Powlowski 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hello, I’ve been fasting for about two weeks and I have had diarrhea since the first couple of days after I started. Only about 2-3 times a day. Mostly liquid with some solid pieces and it’s a yellowish brown color. Although I haven’t eaten anything I have been drinking coffee in the morning and maybe a half of glass of sweet tea a day but other then that just water. Just hard to drink nothing but water… I haven’t been able to find anything about people still having to poop after 4-5 days. Was hoping someone could shed some light on why I still do everyday and more frequently then I did before the fast?

Fasting, with the increase in fruit/veg and the decrease in carbs, can leave the gut flora confused. The Standard American Diet diminishes the variety of beneficial flora in the gut. That depopulation can lead to diarrhea for some, constipation in others.
    What has worked for others is to introduce green smoothies into your diet. Not as a meal, but as a beverage. The reason to do this is that it should increase the population of good gut flora. Blending the greens makes them more available to the flora, much more so than eating a salad.
    Don’t jump right in and down a few glasses of the stuff or you will get an upset stomach. If you are in the habit of making fruit smoothies, add a little spinach one day, wait a day, then add more.

Good luck. Hope this will help. If it persists, ask your doctor.

In Ayurveda it is called as Atisaar. It is a disease of diagestive sytem. It is a very common problem which occurs to any age of life.

In this condition the stool become too watery resulting in dehydration of body. Normally, the condition lasts for 2-3 days and can be managed without medicines. But if it is remains more than 3 days it leads to severe dehydration of body.

If this Diarrhea become untreated the it cause Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, microscopic colitis and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
    Ayurvedic Diarrhea Treatment

According to Ayurveda, weak gastric fire, improper food, impure water, toxins and mental stress usually cause atisaar. Aggravated vata pulls down the fluid part from various tissues of the body and brings it into the intestine. There this fluid mixes with the stool which then leads to loose, watery motions. Depending upon which particular Dosha is vitiated, atisaar has been classified into Vataj, Pittaj, Kaphaj, Sannipatik, Bhayaj and Shokaj types in Ayurveda. Vataj atisaar (caused mainly by vitiated Vayu) is marked by painful loose motions with sounds & foam, gases and cramps. Pittaj atisaar (caused mainly by vitiated Pitta) causes motions with burning sensation at anus, offensive odour and varying colours like green, red, blue. Thirst, giddiness, sweating and fever are often present. Kaphaj atisaar (caused mainly by vitiated Kapha) shows sticky, oily, whitish motions with foul odour, nausea, lazy feeling and excess sleep. Sannipatik atisaar is caused by vitiation of all three Doshas and therefore have mixed characteristics. Bhayaj and Shokaj atisaar are caused by fear and grief respectively.

JDavis, how is it going?

Your digestive tract is a self contained unit that doesn’t (when working optimally) allow the food you consume to be absorbed and distributed to the body without first sterilizing, identifying and processing it.So it daily dont fasting sa it affect your body.The best way to cure from Digestive problem is ayurvedic treatment.

Last time, I mentioned green smoothies, but failed to offer a recipe. Try this:

1 cup tomato juice
    1/2 cup spinach leaves
    1 oz apple

Whirr it in the blender, adding ice cubes or water if it is too thick.
    Work your way up to 1 cup spinach.
    Drink daily.

What this does is to feed the beneficial gut flora which regulate how much moisture to take out of the food in the intestine. When you have a healthy population, your bowel movements should be normal.
    Some people say, “I’ll have my greens in a salad, thank you.” But pureeing the greens makes them much more accessible to the gut flora.

Good luck

As per Ayurveda, fasting is a successful method for fuel the stomach related fire and consuming the gathered poisons from the body and add to the brain. It enhances the psychological clearness, disposes of gas, and advances a solid body. In spite of having numerous medical advantages, Ayurveda dependably inclines toward normal and here and now fasting over unpredictable or visit and long-haul fasting.

Be that as it may, the ability to quick relies upon the body kind of the individual.

For instance, individuals with Vata body write ought not quick for over three days. Since Vata is light in property and fasting additionally causes gentility, delayed fasting may cause vitiation of Vata in the body, and may prompt shortcoming, uneasiness, dread, and anxiety.

Jdavis
    Dont you just love how noone actually read your post?
    Look its perfectly normal to have
    Watery diarrhea during an extended fast for some people. Just rember to dring plenty of fluid and keep youe electrolytes in check.
    In a way consider yourself fortunate because some have to take enemas to help expel toxins.

During the first days of a low or very low calorie diet (LCD and VLCD), patients may feel the typical discomfort accompanying weight loss. Usually, symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness and headache, excessive sensitivity, nausea, constipation and diarrhea appear. However, it should be remembered that this is temporary discomfort. A good way to alleviate ailments is to drink the amounts of water specified in the Program.

Whenever something like this happens to me, I increase the intake of liquid diet, mostly green smoothies and I must say that helps a lot.

I had the same problem when I started fasting. I can’t tell you to quit coffee but coffee is a laxative for some people. Green smoothies or homemade vegetable broth (low sodium) helps alot.

If this Diarrhea become untreated the it cause Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, microscopic colitis and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) read bestappsclub.com. it must be treated as soon a possible.

I had the same problem when I started fasting. I can’t tell you to quit coffee but coffee is a laxative for some people.
    thetecsite.com

I increase the intake of liquid diet, mostly green smoothies and I must say that helps a lot. ios emulator for pc

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

https://www.mybalancenow.buzz/

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.