DECEMBER 2020 CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
DECEMBER 2020 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 393 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 45 posts - 351 through 395 (of 395 total)

• Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

@missybear and @northerndawn Thanks! Although your mind knows you’ll have to let them go someday, you’re never ready for it. He was only 15 y.o. and so full of life. It was just so sad and heart breaking.

@i-hate-lettuce We didn’t make any retirement plans. I retired in 2018, my husband was offered to work a few days every month and is still enjoying his work. We always said this would be our last cat but we expected him to live another 5 years. We’ll just see what comes our way.

No fasting for me this month, I’m under my maintenance weight and don’t want to lose any more.

Pocket list day 28
    @missybear
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @dykask

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 28 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Cold and a bit icy out this morning, will wait a while before this mornings walk. Starting to improve with the walks getting a bit longer, Mrs IHL was only just keeping up yesterday, the MOAM walks will be resuming very soon!

Going to see how things pan out over the next few weeks, I’m going to revise my target weight etc as I’d lost a lot and quickly over the last few weeks. So think I may well go into maintenance mode.
    The medics are amusing at times, for years I was told to lose weight, now the dietician want me to put some back on! The ironic part is my BMI for the first time in years is (just) below 30, I’m finally in the overweight category 🙂

Take care all

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD!

It’s been a maintenance December, which I guess is not as bad as weight gain. Back to my high point December weight of 233 lbs this morning. Let’s see what this FD brings, as well as Wednesday’s, before calling it for the year and making new targets for January and beyond. Good luck to all us brave pocketlisters today!

Pocket list day 28
    @missybear
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @dykask

USA. Day 28. FD

Just checking in!

Pocket list day 28
    @missybear
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @dykask
    @ccco

Stay safe!

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Below BMR

Oh, WHAT an ugly scale this morning. I’m determined not to beat myself up this morning, and not engage in self-reproach. I had an absolutely lovely five days, and while eating that much did not actually feel good, it is what it is, and the weight will come off again, and more will follow, and it’s all good. So I’m working at holding onto that attitude even at that 152.8 number–yikes! For a variety of reasons, I’m not going to pull off a FD today, but I’ll certainly limit the calories, and either give away, throw away, or freeze the remaining cookies/candy!

DD, SIL and DGD left at 3:30 this morning. Such an awful time not only allows many hours when DGD is sleeping anyway, but also gets them home to Colorado before the predicted snow has time to do much. At one point last week, the forecast was for 16″ over two days! It’s way down now, but who knows how accurate it is. I got the overalls finished on Saturday night and DGD wore them yesterday; what a total joy that was, both to see her in them, and to hold her wearing them. 😁😇😍

DS24 went home last night and DS29 will go home today. DH and I will spend a couple hours restoring the house to the tidiness that has been missing since everyone arrived, and then I’m going to go into my sewing room and play.

What responsibilities and fun will occupy you today?

It’s time to return to my constant motto in November: “Too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.” – William Boyland Jr. I CAN resist those cookies/candy, I CAN resist them, I CAN!!! 😂😇

Day 28 North Canton OH FD

@snowflake56 I am so sorry about the loss of your cat. Hugs and comfort ❤

@at those pajamas sound lovely, sorry about OH’s fall. I am glad that he was not hurt worse.

@songbirdme I bought a couple items online from WHBM, a top that I had been eyeing, then threw another one on for the free shipping. It was 75% off and a really good deal- too good to pass up

Christmas was very low key and pleasant with just OH and our 2 daughters. I also overindulged over the holidays, and like you @stitchincarol it did not feel that good. Was happy to fast yesterday and I am back on track today. I have to weigh in for the maintain don’t gain challenge at work next Monday, which is helping to keep me honest, and yes I know that you can resist those cookies🥰 .

My pastor and his wife are sick with Covid-19, please keep them in your thoughts

@northerndawn and @lilymartin, I have been feeling the same way. It appears that we have forgotten what real sacrifice feels like, I do not know how all of this ends but it is really concerning and saddening to me.

Since I could not commit to the menopause course, I am reading a book about it; and what an eye-opener it has been! I am even more determined to get to my goal weight in the next few months. The weight does not fall off me like it once did, but since I have lost the desire to eat everything in sight, it should help.

Create your own calm, and carry on!

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

December maintenance seems good for many of us! @northgeorgia that is a wise decision with Christmas & New Year’s.

@stitchincarol – our weather is also predicting snow starting tomorrow with likely freezing rain on top of that. Whew… accidents just waiting to happen. Sounds like your family at home has been wonderful. Don’t fret any overly-filled stomach! The beauty of our WOL.

@basyjames – our #3 kid, DD, loves WHBM while I’m really into Chico’s. I think I love their sales the best! I discovered them right as I was experiencing trousers falling off me, hence much of my new wardrobe is Chico’s. 🙂 Hope you do enjoy your new top! Bargains get me too, and I am a sucker for % off and free shipping. Also, you are so smart being proactive about menopause. It got me, and I suffered afterwards.

Onward and downward.

Day 28 Minnesota, USA FD–>CD

I just couldn’t resist the few chocolate Santas that remained in the cabinet, and that put me well over 800 cals. They are gone, now. No more carbs treats are coming into the house for the entire next month! I am determined to start this new year with healthy choices.

The weather looks like a problem for tomorrow here as well. The roads have not really improved significantly since our blizzard last week, and a bit of snow that fell for most of yesterday added to the problems. I’m with others when it comes to trusting the forecast. They haven’t been especially accurate with timing or amounts of snow, lately. Indoor exercise again, tomorrow. And will attempt another FD of at least 800. I have stepped on the scale, and it is not pretty!

I intend to set up the Rejuvenating January 2021 Challenge sometime tomorrow, in the afternoon (my time). I hope to see many of you join in with me for the month to start off our year on a positive note.

Stay safe and stay mindful! Good luck!

Day 29, Emden Germany, NFD

@basyjames thanks, you know how it feels, I remember your puppy passed away a while ago. It’s difficult to get used to a life without him, he was around me all day. I’ll keep your pastor and his wife in my thoughts.

@northerndawn Although I’m not fasting at the moment, I’ll be joining the challenge.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another successful day yesterday food and walking wise. Things quietly improving still, feeling good again this morning. Think the cold weather clothes are needed again today, no snow but rather icy again. We rarely get snow round here, locally we are very well protected by hills and have quite a steady micro climate, seldom extreme, just the cold and ice in winter.

Still heading out for a walk again today though, building them up nicely both in speed and distance.

@northerndawn – Yes I’ll be along for next months challenge, more keeping an eye on where I’m going in relation to where I’ve been recently. Still going to keep the WOL going but not needing to be fasting again just at the moment.

Take care all

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. @northerndawn Looking forward to Rejuvenating January!

I’m not even going to pretend to “be good” today. There are a few leftovers that need converting into a potato-based casserole and also some “shrimp and grits” (don’t ask… Christmas breakfast leftovers), not to mention a slice of cake that can’t be frozen. But I will try to restrain myself to the TDEE. My mom updated my toaster oven to a multi-purpose convection/toaster/deep fryer

All the decorations are down, and I just need to sweep and vacuum before putting a few pieces of furniture back into place. Off work until next week, then it’s home office/teleworking for a week. After that, we’ll see what the COVID situation is I guess to know if we can return.

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Okay, it’s time to get serious about treating my body well. I’m overwhelmed at the idea of self-control after five (more??) days in a row of nibbling at will, but that’s my goal for today! It’s snowing and DH is guessing we already have six inches, and we still have several hours of snow today, so it’ll be a bunch by the time all is said and done, which makes it a perfect day to go into my sewing room and play all day! It needs so desperately to get tidied, but the more logical approach is simply to finish the projects that are making the mess, so that’s what I’m going to do. Don’t you just feel so deeply sorry for me that I “have to” sew all day??? 😁 I’m not “stitchincarol” for nothin’, you know!

@basyjames, I’m so sorry about your pastor and his wife, and will indeed keep them in prayer.

Not a lot of chatter on this forum; I hope everyone is simply content and distracted by life.

Okay, what’s the one about inspiration can come from others but determination is solely our responsibility? That has to be my motto for today!

Day 29 Canton OH CD

Some fast days are tougher than others, and my waterfast yesterday was brutal! I had the worst headache and could barely participate in virtual bible study last night. I drank tons of water and put some pink salt crystals under my tongue and it did not ease up at all. I stuck it out though; I was determined not to mess up my circadian rhythm with food after 6pm and was rewarded with a 2+ pound drop this morning. Brutal – I tell you but I lost an inch around my tummy and the loss on the scales more than made up for it.

@snowflake56 you are right, Ginger was only with us for 10 days but after we lost her, I was almost comatose for weeks. It has been a year and I still miss her; I think I always will. The loss will ease with time, give yourself time to grieve and one day the memory of your cat will bring a smile to your face instead of tears. The credit for that quote goes to our incoming president. Hugs.

@northerndawn I am all in for rejuvenating January.

@songbirdme Thanks! Knowledge really is power, and I am so glad that these resources are out there and available. I already feel so empowered by what I have learned and applied to my routine. My tops arrive tomorrow, can’t wait to try them on 😁😁

@stitchincarol Ha ha, I see what you did there 😄

Create your own calm and carry on my friends.

Hi guys Im new here How is you guys weight loss journey going??

Day 29 MN, USA CD

Hello to all. I spent over an hour and a half setting up my post for the January Challenge. It disappeared after I submitted it. I kept copying and pasting for awhile, but in the last half I didn’t. So PO’d! at myself. I am hoping that somehow, someway, it’ll still turn up online tomorrow. I guess we will see. Fingers crossed.

Day 30 country west Australia CD
    Good morning all.
    What a glorious morning it is to step on to the scales and see the lowest number I have seen in 10 months !!👌
    I have not been on the forum for a while but have been very mindful over the festive season with a good result. 😁
    We will be eating various iterations of ham dishes for about a month and Christmas pudding about the same time. 😲It’s my Nana’s recipe and absolutely scrumptious – Loved by we ‘ oldies’ but not so much by the younger generations.
    But due to the hot weather we also have a lot of salads.🥬🥒🍓🥑
    It is crazy to read of all the cold weather when we here are sweltering with 30ºC plus for some days.
    My poor DD is in self isolation in Perth in a unit without aircon and they have had over a week of 37ºC and 3 days of 40/41ºC !! 🥵🥵🥵
    She is out next week and says she is heading straight to the beach.
    @basyjames , I hear you about the brutal FD. Well done on persevering and a good result.👏
    @I-H-L, so pleased to hear that you are steadily improving.👌
    @northerndawn thanks in advance for ‘herding us cats’ for Rejuvenating January.💐
    @stitchincarol ,lucky you to ‘have to’ spend a day sewing !🙂 It’s been such a long time since I have done any sewing which I love . What kind of machine do you have? Mine is ready for replacement but not sure what to buy.
    @snowflake56 I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat.😔
    Last year we lost our 2 dogs. They were working dogs but more like people as they worked with us every day on the farm and we loved them. It was so sad getting them euthanised due to old age and illness.🐶🐕
    We swore we would not get another dog as it was just so sad but then. with shearing coming up we had to do something. A friend gave us one of his ‘ surplus’ dogs as he had too many.
    She is the sweetest dog and we love her to bits 💕, which frankly I didn’t think I would after our other 2. So maybe in time you will get another cat to love. Time will tell but I do feel for you.
    Hey ho ( who on the forum used to say that??) off to work again. Time rolls on.
    Looking forward to being sensible today – always easier on a full 9 hour work day without a break !
    @BAsayJAmes I will keep your pastor and his wife in my thoughts and prayers. I am just listening to the news and it sounds very bad re Covid 19.
    Thinking of all of you in lockdown or restricted in any way. We are so fortunate here in WA. It’s quite difficult to travel to other states and definitely overseas but at least our lives are not too disrupted and so far very few deaths from this wretched thing.🤞

@basyjames I obviously need to proof read. Apologies for the misspelt name .
    I am reluctant to edit as I have tried to do that several times over the years and usually end up losing the lot!!

Day 30. OMAD. London.

@lilymartin – I replaced my old sewing machine fairly recently with a Janome machine, which I love. I used one on a sewing course that I did and it was great. Saying that, everybody seems to love their particular machine. Must be the hours of pleasure they give.
    London is in tier 4 so there’s not much to report. I can’t imagine things ever going back to how they were before. We used to CRAM onto the tube and now that seems like madness. Bit I miss all the cultural things we used to do. Art shows, music, pubs, eating out. It’s so sad.

Day 30, Emden Germany, NFD

@basyjames and @lilymartin Thanks! My head knows it will get better as time goes by. At the moment the worst parts of the day are waking up and going to sleep without him by my side, in between the day seems to be endless. I don’t think there will be another cat, it was the 4th time we had to do this and I can’t bear it anymore.

Day 30 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

It’s not going to be an FD but I will try for a semblance of propriety and not have bread, crisps, Guinness, potatoes……the white carbs sure were consumed this season and my bloated tum sure feels it.

But I go to work for the day (just for one day then off again until 4th Jan) so it’s zero breakfast and a light sardine and spinach salad for lunch to get some Omega 3 and goodness into me. I might have a chowder tonight, there is one in the fridge that needs to be used. Hence the CD.

Can’t believe I haven’t posted in a week. So sorry @snowflake56 about losing your cat. My beloved Missie is sitting beside me as I type and I don’t know how I would feel when she goes. She is 13 and super healthy so far. I send you a warm hug and hope you will get through this.

We had a quiet Christmas as is expected. We did have the kids down for dinner on 26th Dec and I was feeling quite sniffly and sore throat after that but it seems to have cleared up. As youngest stepdaughter had just arrived on Christmas Eve from the UK there was that niggling fear that unknown to herself she could be carrying the new Covid strain. All is ok with us all however thank God.

@i-hate-lettuce so great to hear of your normal Christmas dinner. Happy days.

@northerndawn I will definitely join you in January.

@basyjames I hope that book you fit helps, just doing research on menopause really opened my eyes. Why is it such a “secret” as it affects every single woman?

Got to go defrost my car….snow forecast but here in Ireland it will probably be a dusting, unlike some of you in the US.

If I don’t post again in 2020, have a great New Years Eve and see you in Rejuvenating January. ☺️

Day 30 – lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Cold and frosty again, but clear underfoot, which will help our grocery delivery due in the next half hour!

Managed a longer walk yesterday and at a reasonable pace, it’s nice to be able to stretch the legs again. With each daily walk I feel better and stronger, looking forward to spring, there are plans in my head again for the garden!

It’s been a terrible year all round for everyone and I will certainly be glad to see the back of it. Covid was bad enough with all its restrictions, but in July I ended up with throat cancer as well. However I’m pretty much through the treatment now, just need a clear result sometime over the next few weeks and keep building myself back up.

As for 5:2 – did well in the first half of the year, just recently lost quite a bit of weight quickly due to the treatment, but settling down again and looking forward to next year and finding a weight I’m comfortable with.
    Started the year at 248 lb – 112.4 kg – BMI 35.6
    Finishing at 206 lb – 93.4 kg – BMI 29.6

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and encouragement during the recent difficult patch, nice to know my internet friends are there in the background.

Take care all

Day 30 UK NFD

Hi all , not brave enough to step on the scales but I am starting the weaning off process So aiming to cut back on booze , cheese , cake etc

Will catch up on all posts this afternoon and look forward to our January journey

Happy 🐫day – had to double check them as I’ve really lost track of what day it is !

2nd post

sorry, final post on the loss of our cat.

@daffodil2010 We also thought, we had a healthy, very active cat until it looked like he had twisted his front paw and we went to the vet. An X-ray showed he had bone cancer with metastasis, 5 days later we had to have him euthanized. He was still as lively as always but was unable to walk and the pain medication didn’t work anymore. That’s what makes it so hard to deal with.

Day 30 – USA/GA – FD

The last FD of the year: FD #71 since I started in early May. Today’s weigh-in: 232 lbs (barely). Thinking of starting 2021 with a 4:3 next week to kick my body into gear. Between having COVID half the month and Christmas food the rest of the month, I’m just content I stayed at my beginning of the month weight instead of going back to October or September weights! I’ve already written off December as maintenance and revised my monthly targets forward a month (I made December’s target January’s, January’s target February’s, etc.). It -could- be possible I hit the 220s tomorrow, but more likely to stay around 231. We will see, and I’ll adjust January’s target accordingly. I’m not disappointed, though. Tomorrow is the last day of the year and I want to reflect on the whole-year picture, and I am quite pleased (despite December’s “pause”).

As Wesley, Lola, and I push the button on the elevator to head down to the lobby, Lola shows us the pictures from the Overlook on her phone. It is hard to believe that we were standing at that panoramic view just a few hours ago. We laugh at the silly pictures we took in front of the visitor’s center; no doubt the other tourists thought we were goofy with our matching tee-shirts and bizarre poses. We admire the photo in front of the rocks that’s nice enough to frame. There were a lot more photos without our knowledge: me pointing at the little waterfall, Wesley looking at a squirrel on a tree stump, a selfie of Lola with a surprised look in the front seat of the car.

“What’s this one?” I ask. Lola smiles. “It’s when Wesley suggested we go for lunch in town.” Wesley responds, “And look where it got us. I’m so sorry.” “Don’t feel bad,” Lola says. “It’s not your fault. We’re having an experience that we otherwise wouldn’t have, and it’s free of charge!” Wesley looks up, “I know, but didn’t you have other plans? Is it taking up our time?” I say, “well, uhh… I really didn’t have a plan after today, so, I’m actually pretty happy things turned out this way.”

Lola accidentally sees a photo of herself sleeping on the sticky table at The 240s Club. “WHO took THIS?” she demands. Just then the elevator dings and Wesley says, “here we are! Hotel lobby. Everyone out!” I grin. “Oh yes, I think I see John, Rita, and Megan just over there. Pardon me,” I say as I quickly step out of the elevator past a fuming Lola.

Adding myself to the pocket list today.

Day 30 Pocket List
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 30 North Canton FD

@snowflake56 no need to apologize, that is so sad! Unexpected loss is so much harder to deal with, its a blindside and that just makes it worse. Hugs my friend.

@daffodil2010 the book has made a difference, I am working with my body now rather than working against it; and I feel so much better

@i hate lettuce I know I have said this before but what a blessing that you were well on your way to healthier weight and BMI when you got your diagnosis. I definitely believe that it had a huge impact on your ability to recover from your treatment regimen. So thankful for you

@northgeorgia your progress is so inspiring, the 220s are calling

2020 was an eye-opener! We take so much for granted and this year opened our lives. I believe it stripped away all the artifice and frippery that we clog up our lives and routines with and revealed what was most important. As tough as it was, I am grateful and more appreciative now, and I am thankful for that

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Perhaps FD800?

I’m on the fence about what I can accomplish today, but am so thankful for the results of yesterday’s efforts. I did not pull off 500, but was probably around 1000, and the scales rewarded me with a 3 pound drop–which is still 3 pounds above where I was a week ago. Thinking over what I ate in those five days, that’s probably the actual damage I did, a gain of 3 pounds, and I can live with that. Well, I can live with that even as I resume efforts to drop it again! 😜 And, the thing that’s the best about this morning is that I don’t feel stuffed and grossed out by how I feel; instead, I feel reasonably empty, as I believe our bodies are meant to feel each morning. I’ve missed this feeling!

@northgeorgia I’m sure you’re a bit bummed that you didn’t reach the 220s this month, but I’m just as sure that there’s a true value in possessing enough discipline–which you clearly do–to eat holiday meals and still maintain rather than gain. And January is likely to show wonderful results for you, so we’ll be ready to cheer loudly and with great enthusiasm when you start realizing those wonderful results!

@basyjames, how’s your pastor and his wife? @songbirdme, how’s your SIL and the rest of the family?

@basyjames, hip-hip-hooray for you for sticking with that water fast! You have self-control and will-power to envy, girl!!

@northerndawn, such a frustration! I hope the lost post shows up!

@lilymartin WOW! To have actually lost weight over the actual celebration days is a major accomplishment and I’m thoroughly dazzled! My machine is a Bernina 930, the last model they made entirely in Switzerland (around 1988) and the last made entirely of metal. That’s what I was told as proof of how lovely it is, and I do indeed adore it. But I’ve also heard a great deal of amazing details found in newer machines, and every now and again I’m tempted. But I also have my MIL’s 1951 Singer Featherweight which just purrs when it sews, and there are limits to how many machines I need, LOL! Start researching machines, and the features available, and that will help you figure out what you want. And don’t forget the notion of a Featherweight, if you don’t want or need bells and whistles, or a used Bernina 930; both of those options are worth considering.

@daffodil2010 I think you and I ate the same way over the last few (more?) days… “bloated tum” is the telling result, isn’t it?? 😁🤷‍♀️

@i-hate-lettuce Yeah, 24 pounds in two months is not something anyone would aspire to, except for someone with many, many pounds to lose, which you didn’t. I’m so delighted at how much better you’re feeling daily, and envious of the walks you’re able to take; with all of our snow and ice, I have zero interest in going outside to walk. You should see the long and fast strides I take at the grocery store, however, LOL!! WOAM, indeed! 😂🤣😂🤣

@brightonbelle So good to hear from you again! “Weaning off process”…yup, excellent description.

@snowflake You are entirely welcome to post many more times on your cat! And to hear how abruptly it all happened makes it even more heartbreaking to imagine what you’re going through.

Well, I sewed for about nine hours yesterday, and made lots of progress on a particularly project (a quilt for one of our beds); my plan is to do the same today, although I also need to do some grocery shopping and some further tidying. So forward and onward, with self-control leading the way!

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Wow. December and 2020 are almost over. It’s turned to real winter here in northern Illinois with about 8-10″ of new snow (20-25cm) overnight. Heavy stuff. We have our driveway plowed by a local guy with a truck, but still we do walks and access to our mailbox. It was good exercise! My birds are happy I got to their feeders. Yes, this SongBird feeds lots of songbirds. 🙂

@stitchincarol – SIL is doing pretty well, has telemed conferences with his patients from home. His daughter also tested positive, but DD is okay. Yeah.

@daffodil2010 – we’ve had lots of carbs here too, much more than normal. I also love sardines (probably because I’m 1/2 Swedish?) but also love most fish. Allergic to oysters & mussels but nothing else.

@brightonbelle – I wouldn’t be in a big hurry to weigh in. See how clothes feel after a couple FD’s and judge that way before Cruella the Scale.

@i-hate-lettuce – continued prayers for health and good eating.

@northerndawn – I’m in for January. Will look and see if you had success getting the group link posted. Whew… not fun being frustrated by that!

@lilymartin – yes, it’s always interesting to read about “opposite” climates for you down under. It was a WordsWithFriends mate from the Gold Coast who told me about 5:2 back in 2016, so I’ve had an affinity for things Aussie for years. Congratulations on your great progress! We eat salad year round, but certainly much more in our summer.

@emma-taylor – your new sewing machine sounds delightful. I still have the Singer Featherweight I learned on (handy to take places if I need to) then bought another Singer in 1970 to sew maternity clothes. It’s still the one I use – keep her oiled, have replaced the motor, but still humming along. Don’t sew much any more (except masks!) but happy to have it.

Onward and downward.

Day 30 Minnesota, USA NFD

Whew! I finally got the new monthly challenge up and running without a hitch, today. This time I copied each post, but of course, it wasn’t necessary as there was no problem and no disappearing posts!

I hope to see you all over on the Rejuvenating January challenge!

Day 30 Second post

I just read again the post by @simcoeluv that @northerndawn references in her opening post. That man is brilliant and beyond articulate and kind and helpful. Amazing stuff.

And my conclusion is that, much as I’ve been resisting this, I must, must, must count calories in January. If I’m to be serious about losing weight, I must be serious about my efforts. Yes, I’m very glad to be 16 pounds lighter than I was last Christmas (very, very, very glad, actually), but that’s still 17 pounds (and possibly more) heavier than my goal weight. So while I’ve been appreciating how far I’ve come, it’s time to focus on the rest of the journey.

I encourage others who’ve been not happy with results to go read that post and see if it doesn’t fire you up with enthusiasm. In fact, here’s the link so you don’t have to go hunt it up: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Day 31 county west Australia CD
    Try to have a FD on Thursdays but not today being the last day of 2020!!
    Running a tad late for work s I have just read all the posts since yesterday.
    Many thanks to those who have offered advice re sewing machines. I have had a Singer and currently have a Janome which I got fixed due to it not reversing. Tried it out and…. it STILL doesn’t reverse! so time for a new one.
    @basyjames I so greek with your comments about 2020.
    Looking forward to seeing you all in Rejuvenating January.
    Wishing all of you a Happy New Year with support and perseverance.🥂💥( couldn’t find a fireworks emoji so you will have to use your imagination!!)
    I know a lot of people are waiting to see the end of 2020 but of course there are no guarantees that 2021 will be any better so the support of friends and family is so important.

Day 31 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Unusually we have snow, well not a great deal, just enough to be a nuisance to get down the hill to the main road! However the temperature has actually risen this morning and some cloud cover so hopefully it will clear soon.
    I remember a few years ago one of our neighbours was out with his wheelbarrow and was spreading rock salt down the hill, “you’re keen aren’t you?” I said, the reply was very quick and to the point “Taking the mother in law home today, she’s been here a fortnight already!”

Like to say thanks to @at for hosting this month, another one that has been a crazy one! (the month that is not @at)

I’ll see you all in the January Challenge, meanwhile take care all.

Day 31 – UK – NFD

Well here we are on the last day of this challenge and any plans I had to finish the year with B2B2B FD800 sadly did not materialise……..not sure why but just did not feel like it……..

So I for one am looking forward to joining @northerndawn in the Rejuvenating January 2021 Challenge – I definitely need the motivation and am planning a strong and positive start to 2021 – Dry January anyone?? Starting with a dry NYE tonight – thought I would see this year out the way I mean to start the new one…….

Hope to see most on you in the January Challenge – apologies for not being the best host this December but these challenges do tend to carry themselves because of you all who join and participate ❤️

Woke up to a white pristine landscape this morning – not heavy snowfall but just enough to cover everything and make it all look so perfect – at least until the world starts to move…….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 31 Melb Aust NFD

Today was the last in a long string of NFDs, just confirming that December was a disaster in the area of eating. I’m joining January with renewed determination and verve, so see you all there, with considerably more diligence in controlled eating, plus posting!

Day 31, Emden Germany, NFD

@basyjames and @stitchincarol Thanks for caring about me, I really appreciate it! I’m so grateful to have had this chatty and loving creature in my life, he gave us so much joy.

@at Thanks for leading this month’s challenge, it was a strange month for most of us. 💐

Day 31 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@at thanks for hosting 💐

@snowflake56 🤗

I am avoiding the scales! Best wishes for a better 2021 everyone.

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Wow. I think that I ended up around 1000 calories yesterday, and I’m accepting it may have been 1400. And with that, I’m back up the three pounds I was down with my pathetic FD on Tuesday. 153.2 Yuck, yuck, yuck, but that’s an ugly way to end the month. I’m starting back in earnest next Monday, so I’m just going to have to live with that ugly number for the moment, but yuck, yuck, yuck!

We’re having a couple over tonight for Salmon with Creole Mustard Sauce, Caramelized Carrot Risotto, Brussels Sprouts Gratin, and Bacon-wrapped Green Beans. The last of the Caribbean Christmas Cake with bubbly will be our dessert. So it won’t be low-calorie, but neither will it be awful, and the thought of it should help me “delay, don’t deny” and not snack and nibble through the day.

We had a heavy hoarfrost last night and it’s stunningly gorgeous outside with the bright sun shining on all the white, and the frost falling off the trees as if it’s actually snowing. These are my favorite mornings, sipping my coffee and smiling at the beauty of a frigid day (6/-14) while wrapped in a warm blanket inside my warm home. ☕❄🔥

Thanks, @at for hosting this month! See you all in January!

Day 31 – USA/GA – NFD

Year-end weigh-in: 230 lbs.

My original goal back in May was 224 lbs for the end of the year. As my body adjusted to the first few months of weight loss, that got revised upwards to 225 and finally 227 lbs. So, I missed it by about 3 – 6 lbs (who cares?). Still, I am extremely pleased with my progress (not you, December) this year! I have readjusted my targets (again) based on today’s weigh-in. I’m just about 4 ozs away from a weigh-in in the 220s, so I’m sure it will happen in January.

(The rest of this I think I will repost as part of my intro in January’s challenge thanks to @northerndawn. @at thanks for hosting December!)

On Jan. 1, 2020, I weighed 276 lbs. When I hit 279 on Jan. 21, I gave up a couple of days later and didn’t weigh-in again until the 28th (278 lbs) and really got upset. So I didn’t weigh-in again on a normal basis until February 23: back at 276 lbs. All of that to say that I likely topped 280 lbs sometime in January/February but didn’t want to face the music. By early May, I was able to get to about 269 lbs doing the traditional dieting stuff, but it was starting to slow and I knew I would start rocketing back up if I didn’t do something different. So, I discovered and started 5:2 on May 11.

Officially, I have lost a total of 49 lbs this year (279 lbs to 230 lbs), and I likely lost a little more than that. I would have never thought that was possible! My hope is to lose another 50 lbs or so next year. Through the plateaus and slowdowns, I’m going to see myself get back to a healthy weight.

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

One of our fave restaurants has indoor seating (distanced) so we will have an early supper and spend the night at home. May we all be healthy in 2021.

@at – you have been a terrific host this month. Thank you so much!

Hope to see you all over in January.

Onward and downward.

Day 31 UK NFD

Ok I’ve done it – stepped on the scales, 3 lbs up and most of that in the last week but I made the choices and I’m at peace with it Looking forward to turning things round in January

Thanks not just for hosting this month @at but you’re a real star on this forum always helping and full of good advice ⭐️

Day 31 MN, USA – NFD – Happy New Year’s Eve!!!

It’s getting late for many, so I thought I’d get on and wish you all a lovely, safe New Year’s Eve celebration and tell you how much being on this forum helped to make a terrible, dreadful year so much better!

I’m up 4 lbs since my lowest weight in the last 2 months…..😞. So, today I am planning my regimen and strategies for a successful and healthy Rejuvenating January, and a healthier New Year. I am planning all aspects of food, calorie counting, exercise, meditation, skin care, health check-ups…….everything I can think of!

See you over on the January Challenge, my friends!

2nd post

@at….I just want to tell you that you have been a lovely host this month, and I want to thank you!
    These are for you: 💐🌷🌺🌹🌸. 🤗

Final Post

Thank you all for participating in this most challenging of Monthly Challenges – great to have had your company and looking forward to “seeing’ you all in the January one!

Stay Safe and a Healthy and Happy New Year to you all

Hi @lilymartin – Just saw your note from December last year, as I dropped in to check my tracker, so thought I would say ‘hello’. It’s been years since I was regularly on the site, but it’s great to see some familiar names (*waves at @songbirdme and @brightonbelle) and be reminded of how friendly everyone is here!

Hope you’re all doing well. This forum was critical for me in starting off on this way of life, and helped me work out a pattern that works. It also helped kick off a lot of changes in my life, which resulted in a return to work after 10+ years at home raising kids. I’d previously worked my way down from BMI 33 in 2015 to a steady BMI 26, which I held with a mix of 5:2 and 6:1 depending on what I needed. I’m not going to blame the pandemic, but it hasn’t helped, and I didn’t really use fasting at all last year, and didn’t get out much. As a result, 2021 found me at BMI 29 and starting to get the physical symptoms of carrying too much weight again, like sore knees, plantar fasciitis, snoring (!) etc.

I started 5:2 again in January but fell straight into the trap of not logging my NFD meals, and haven’t actually maintained any weight loss yet, although I feel miles better. So I’m moving to ADF for the next four weeks, or until my knees feel better, and logging every kcal to get back into the habit.

Good luck everyone!

Hey, @and…exhale come join us in the tail end of February! https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/fab-fasters-in-february/page/8/

?

Viewing 45 posts - 351 through 395 (of 395 total)

You must be logged in to reply.