Fab Fasters in February

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fab Fasters in February

This topic contains 422 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  singhudit61 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 436 total)

• Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Gah. Lost my post, and when I tried to paste I got Monday’s entry. Have a good day all, don’t have time now to repost, but welcome @onahealthyhigh, fingers crossed @jaifaim that your mum gets her jab soon, my Dad will be in the next cohort….and yes @i-hate-lettuce a days bimbling in the garden sure is medicine.

Day 23 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in this morning, off out for early appointment.

Brilliant couple of hours in the garden yesterday, another of the raised beds finished ready! So many plants just breaking through the soil, excellent sign.

Take care all

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 23 -FD

Hi all, welcome back @onahealthyhigh!

I was meant to fast yesterday but failed… a weekend with mum means I come back tired… so hungry etc..
    @michelinme like you I’m just really tired… find it difficult to get out of my bed some mornings… literally had to peel myself out of my bed this morning…
    I don’t know if it’s just the pandemic, menopause, underlying conditions or what but just wiped 😂
    Also like you I have had issues in work – people are frayed at the edges right now and under so much pressure… it’s not nice but understandable … I stood my ground though… we are all suffering. 😢

Honestly don’t know how the FD will go but aiming for it in the hope I can do it.. Have a good day everybody 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list day 23
    @jaifaim

Day 23 Melb Aust TDEE

Haven’t been fasting, but have lost maybe a lb for the month, which, believe me, is a major achievement at the moment. Persevering quietly!

@northerndawn, @daffodil2010, Re blood groups, I also read quite a bit of the early research (which I think is still valid), and yes, group O (didn’t read of group B) people are less likely to have severe Covid-19. It also helps to be female, and not obese or diabetic. Not being obese was one of my motivators last year, but I seem to have “lost” my mojo temporarily. At least I’m still only in the mildly obese range 🙂

@daffodil2010, hope your tummy bug has settled. According to my doctor, it generally takes about 24 hours for food poisoning to result in symptoms, so maybe something eaten earlier on the Friday?

@stitchincarol, so sorry to read of your Covid-19 diagnosis. Hope you feel better quickly.

@i hate lettuce, congrats on being 7 belt notches smaller in the waist; that’s a great achievement. Hope the MRI result is okay.

@at, I also really enjoyed the Australian Open tennis, and the finals. Melbourne went into a snap lockdown on Friday night of the first week (until Weds night of the second) – a friend rang me to check I was coping with it, and I just laughed, because it was giving me every excuse to binge on the tennis 🙂

@northgeorgia, you seem to be firmly into the 220s, at 226-227, so well done!

Okay, only a few days left this month. Wonder if I can make it to 1 kg off??

Day 23 – Canada – FD

Good morning everybody.

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD but evolved into a pretty good TDEE day. I had a dental appointment so used it as an excuse to put on some mascara and a dress. I never thought I’d see the day when visiting the dentist was like a fun day out! Ha ha ha.

@IHL – gardening sounds perfectly idyllic. Today we have snow followed by rain, yippee. 🙁
    @betsylee – good luck with your goal. I’m sure you can do it.
    @jaifam – we are in uncharted territory and it’s exhausting. Not sleeping well sure doesn’t help. I empathize.

Today will be a solid FD as will Thursday and Saturday, trying to stay strong for the last week.

Take care all.

Pocket list day 23
    @jaifaim
    @dvw

Day 23 North Canton OH WFD

I am very behind on posts. Sorry guys. Weekend was extremely busy and Monday was even busier. I hope to get caught up tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone

Pocket list day 23
    @jaifaim
    @dvw
    @basyjames

Day 23 – USA/GA – FD

Well, after yesterday’s disaster, I wavered between 239 and 238, settling on 238 lbs this morning. Calorie intake was pretty high, so it will have some effect this week, unfortunately. Looks like I should be out of the 230s (but boy, did I come close on one of my first weigh-ins this morning), and I’ll just need to return to being sensible this week. I think I ruined yesterday by having a dinner sized portion of leftovers at 9:30 in the morning. That turned into a huge lunch portion of stuff at actual lunch, some mid-afternoon heavy snacking, and an insistent dinner invitation by mom. Oops! Got to have better resolve than that. I may try the ZBC through Friday this week. A post-FD ZBC seems to help contain the overeating issue for me right now. FD2 of my 4:3 begins today.

Good luck on our final week!

Pocket list day 23
    @jaifaim
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia

Day 23. USA/DC. NFD
    Wow – day 23! This month has flown. Had a successful FD yesterday (600 calories rather than 500 – seems to work better for me – with 500 I find myself constantly thinking about – what can I eat – 600 somehow takes the pressure off.) I am hoping fasting on Mondays will keep me in maintenance and keep me paying attention to what I am shoving in my mouth. Sadly I still seem to be a shover of food – I don’t think I will ever learn to eat slowly and savor. My father and uncle used to call my mom and her sister – the Hoover twins (as in Hoover vacuums). Guess it runs in the family. :)))
    It has warmed up here, am hoping for a walk this afternoon, but am headed to take a spin class (virtually) right now.

Enjoy the day. Stay strong. Stay safe everyone. @stitchincarol – we are all pulling for you, may this pass quickly

Day 23 – UK – FD500

Another change in the weather from a glorious sunshiny spring day yesterday – today is grey and wet!

Started the day with a Yoga class at 0830, lunchtime service volunteering at the parish centre and now back home enjoying a cup of tea whilst I log on here

High Impact Pilates class booked for 5pm so need to stay focused until then as I can enjoy my OMAD for today’s FD after the class!

@michelinme – self care is so important during these testing times 🤗
    @lilymartin – good to hear from you and no weight gain is good news!
    @jaifaim – remember the “F” word does not exist here – today is a new day and you have our company to help keep you focused on your FD 🤗
    @betsylee – I’m afraid I don’t need an excuse to watch tennis, cricket or rugby 🤣🤣🤣
    @dvw – you made me laugh at using the dentist visit as an excuse for some make up and wearing a dress – sad but true of this past year!!
    @northgeorgia – I’m sure you meant you wavered between 228-229 – I had to read your post! twice

Pocket List Day 23
    @michelinme
    @jaifaim
    @dvw
    @basyjames WFD
    @northgeorgia
    @at FD500

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco – Dry February
    @at – (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 60min Yoga and 50min HIP)

Only 5 more days to go until the end of this Fab Fasters in February Challenge – the month certainly has gone fast – I’m working hard to stay focused and keep my mojo strong so as not to undo the work put in to lose those few lbs I had gained…….

“Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.”
    – Dr. Seuss

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA

I’ve given up even thinking of fasting–because it certainly wasn’t happening–but I am pulling off controlled eating, so that feels good. Oddly enough, at 8:25am, I am starving, and have been since I got up over an hour ago. I know that’s not odd for many people, but that’s why I never do breakfast, because the idea of food in the morning is generally repulsive to me. This covid thing is manifesting itself in all sorts of peculiar ways, LOL!

Hey, @lilymartin, you got a message in our December challenge: from @and… exhale came this message:

Hi @lilymartin – Just saw your note from December last year, as I dropped in to check my tracker, so thought I would say ‘hello’. It’s been years since I was regularly on the site, but it’s great to see some familiar names (*waves at @songbirdme and @brightonbelle) and be reminded of how friendly everyone is here!

Hope you’re all doing well. This forum was critical for me in starting off on this way of life, and helped me work out a pattern that works. It also helped kick off a lot of changes in my life, which resulted in a return to work after 10+ years at home raising kids. I’d previously worked my way down from BMI 33 in 2015 to a steady BMI 26, which I held with a mix of 5:2 and 6:1 depending on what I needed. I’m not going to blame the pandemic, but it hasn’t helped, and I didn’t really use fasting at all last year, and didn’t get out much. As a result, 2021 found me at BMI 29 and starting to get the physical symptoms of carrying too much weight again, like sore knees, plantar fasciitis, snoring (!) etc.

I started 5:2 again in January but fell straight into the trap of not logging my NFD meals, and haven’t actually maintained any weight loss yet, although I feel miles better. So I’m moving to ADF for the next four weeks, or until my knees feel better, and logging every kcal to get back into the habit.

Good luck everyone!
    =================

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’ve had a couple busy days too, like @basyjames but hopefully didn’t miss too much news and support here.

Had a good Silver Sneakers and limited eating yesterday, so maintenance going fine. Yeah for that as I just indulged in a couple Costco cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Part of what I enjoy about our WOL is the ability to splurge every so often, as long as it is not too often!

@stitchincarol – what’s you plan for going back to work? Music related? Sewing? Just curious.

@nellen – I’m with you as being a quick eater. Looking back, my father and mother were opposites like me and DH. I’m quick like Dad, and DH is slow like Mom. I’m not exactly vacuum speed, but pretty fast.

Sunshine and warmer today (as in the low 40’s F. – 5 C.). Why does 5 sound so much colder than 41? 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 23, UK – OMAD

@stitchincarol – Get Well Soon XX

Well I have been a bit rubbish about checking-in recently and I should have made my apologies in advance.

I received some really excellent news on February 11th (some news for which I have been waiting for nearly a year!) so I took time out to celebrate!

Then we had Valentine’s Day and then we received a big celebratory food hamper (following the good news) so we have been enjoying eating & drinking our way through most of February – or so it seems! So after my ten days of eating and making merry, it is back down to business!

I did an OMAD yesterday (Mon 22nd) and I am doing an OMAD today (Tues) and I plan to do a total of four OMADs this week (just can’t decide whether to skip Wed or skip Friday).

Sending everyone positive vibes 🙂

Day 23 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD was around 700 but i’ll take it! Today broke my fast at 2pm with a mindfully-enjoyed ripe avocado. Feels as tho i’m moving in a helpful direction.

The sun was shining today – after yesterday’s grey wet gloom. I’d forgotten how much happier i am in sunshin. It lifts my mood in a way which makes me wonder about SAD – and every year I forget until Spring!

Feeling better for a better night’s sleep and a gentle start. I didn’t quite get to gentle yoga or meditation but I did have a leisurely potter of chores, coloured my hair and tried on new bras. Bras are my indulgence- i usually go for a fitting once a year and love the feeling of new well-fitting support. I’ve missed it this last year but struck lucky in the Johen Lewis sale. I’ve gone from feeling fat wearing too-small to feeling in proportion, albeit larger – uplifting my mood too :).

It’s eat up the ends day as my fortnightly veg box comes tomorrow. Supper will include a pile of slaw – my new go-to crunch of finely chopped white cabbage, crispy apple and sharp onion with a splash of balsamic vinega – spinach salad a microwaved swede & something protein that i’ve not thought of yet! Pudding will be apple stewed with clementine, prunes & ginger with a splash of vegan yogurt. There’s something about naming and planning that makes me really keen to eat all these vegetables, alway sso much easier DAFD.

OK, off to do some food prep now – all that thinking has made me hungry!

Day 23 second post

@at OOPS! Yes! Well, that makes me feel better to know I made a goof-up: in the habit of writing 230 something instead of 220 something haha

Day 24, WA/AUS FD800

@stitchincarol, I hope you are feeling better, and getting good rest!

@northgeorgia, your progress inspires me!

I have been reading along but not posting as I’m travelling for work at the moment – a trip rescheduled due to recent outbreaks. My colleagues and I are good friends, and our work has been so severely impacted by the pandemic, that the reunions are really quite joyous.

I have no idea how my weight is going, but I am keeping to my 800 per day, and hoping the scales will show a downward trend on return. Managing to get a lot of walks and swims in between the meetings, which is lovely. It’s hot here!

Day 24 CD country west Australia
    @stitchincarol, thank you for passing on @ and …exhale’s message. I hope everything is going well with her. How great to start work again after a 10 year hiatus. If you are lurking @and…exhale, well done on the changes.
    I have had too many NFDs without logging and too much feasting and too little fasting.
    Not putting on weight ( a major miracle in itself as not exercising much either) but hating the way I feel so ‘pudgy’ so back on the wagon, pulling up the sleeves yada, yada, yada.
    Eating lots of protein and salads as it is summer here and very hot. Needing to watch serve sizes like a hawk.
    How easily we , that is I, revert to old bad habits.
    Put a friend on to the 800 CookBook and they have stuck with it diligently for 6 weeks and lost 8 kgs.
    Note to self : do what I tell people to do!!!!
    Have a good day all.

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I have been feeling sniffly since yesterday in work, feeling a bit head coldy now, took my temperature and that’s normal……so in these pandemic times, at what point do I say “I better get tested?”. After my stomach bug and fainting on Saturday I am a bit wary. I don’t have any chest congestion or coughs or any symptoms really……..

Gah, I would never be thinking this way normally, being a strong healthy ox of a woman….this Covid has turned me into a hypochondriac 😆

Still at same weight, I am doing a blemmin good job at maintaining the past few months!!!

@northgeorgia I goggled when I saw you had gone up 12 pounds overnight ha ha

@betsylee thanks for your kind thoughts. I am trying to think what I had early Friday to eat but nothing out of the ordinary. It was the fainting that really got me. I had to lie down on the tiled floor of the bathroom as otherwise I would have hit it in a dead faint. Weird.

Anyhoo, have a good hump day 🐫🐪🐫🐪🐪

Pocket list Day 24
    @daffodil2010

Day 24 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Hump day today, just got to get over it ; )

Odd, nothing planned today, glum wet morning, might actually browse through t’internet to see if we can pick up a self catering cottage break for a few weeks time. Really are ready to break free, see the kids and a bit of a change, hopefully all goes well with the Governments plans.

We do have a weeks walking holiday already planned, that was the one for May last year and moved forward a year. We originally booked that back in March 2019 and was cancelled in March 2020 for obvious reasons! Looking forward to getting to some old haunts.

Take care all

Day 24 OMAD U.K.

@lilymartin, your post made me laugh that’s exactly how I feel!

@daffodil2010 – Take It Easy!

I am doing another omad today – I hope to make it four this week

There seems to be something for me in the psychology of doing an omad versus doing a fast day

Even though I do make sure I have a very very controlled dinner so it’s not like I go mad in the evening (unlike my husband who does an OMAD four or even five days a week but then has two or even three courses in the evening… Go figure!)

I just find doing an OMAD so much easier because I can tell myself that I can have an actual meal in the evening rather than some meagre scraps!

I suppose if I tried a 800 cal day then that would probably be similar…. guess I need to explore that and I never have!

I am still drinking the snake juice to help with my fasting and I have to say it does work incredibly well. Surprising really as the guy that invented it does seem to be an absolute lunatic and not my cup of tea at all ha ha ha!

Good luck to everyone today 🙂

Day 24 – Ireland – NFD

Thanks @at you are right the F word does not exist!!
    Good enough day yesterday… chalking it down as well FD 👍👍
    Forced myself out of bed for a pre-work cycle and will get out again later at lunch time as need to get to bike shop.. @daffodil2010 keep an eye on your symptoms…. there are so many and not always a fever… but I agree it’s hard to know when to get the test… I haven’t been tested at all yet – long May that continue 🤞🤞
    Well done on your OMAD @fivetwofan5252! I can see the advantages but find it hard to put into practice…
    And @northgeorgia fantastic progress! ⭐️

Have a good day all!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Running behind this morning. 226 lb weigh-in (barely). Doing ZBC today to make up for Monday. Take care!

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

USA Day 24. FD800

Pocket list Day 24
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco. FD800

DTF
    @ccco

Sorry I haven’t been online. It has been a stressful and busy week. Trying to get the covid vaccine had become almost a full time job on the east coast of the U.S. Finally, I succeeded and can’t wait for it to be over. What a relief.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Now off to do my next stressful thing, taxes!!!

Day 24 USA (Illinois) CD (maybe FD?)

Doing just one meal today so likely could be under 500 calories.

Onward and downward.

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA

I’m pleased to report that I’m staying at 149-something even though I’m eating “normally.” I’ll be well-positioned to resume fasting when (if????!?!!) I ever feel healthy again.

@daffodil2010 My symptoms began with a constant dripping nose and sneezing. That was Monday the 15th. By Tuesday night, I felt awful. I absolutely empathize with the tendencies toward being a hypochondriac in these pandemic days, but am guessing you’ll know when it’s time to be tested; if you’re not certain, you’re probably fine.

Day 24 North Canton OH NFD

This will be my first day posting in the manner in which I prefer to post. The last 7 days has been a blurry cluster, my work project is really heating up and for some hair brained reason, I decided to sign up for a Zumba instructor class on Saturday. Normally that would be a good idea, but not when you are in the middle of a time consuming and detail oriented project at work. Both collided on Saturday and I had to juggle both at the same time, I still do not know how I did it. But it took me 4 days to recover from it all. The walking challenge ended yesterday as well, so no more jogging in my living room while I watch my shows; I was able to finish in the top 15 by logging an average of 31,000 steps every day. This showed me that I should be able to log 20,000 steps a day easily even in bad weather- the possibilities abound.

@stitchincarol everyone’s symptoms are so different; but you are right, if you are not certain that you need to be tested- you are probably right

@daffodil2010 it’s a pandemic, we are all hypochondriacs and the normal rules are out the window

@ccco congratulations on your success getting the vaccine

@lillymartic LOL

@nellen I also tend to speed eat my food, I have recently been trying to eat slower, but it is a challenge for sure

I want to start logging my food again, I fell off the wagon on that and I have found that is the key to successful movements on the scale.

“Forever – is composed of nows” Emily Dickenson

Buenos Miercoles Mis amigos

day 24 UK CD

Really pleased with yesterday’s eating pattern, coming in at 1050 for a very solid CD. I woke feeling thinner tho still weighing the same, but upbeat, motivated and finally enjoying this WOL again. Welcome back Mojo.

There’s definitely something about writing down what I’m going to eat which gets a different part of my brain onside. Writing led to mindful cooking, which led to mindful eating and i’m back onto the loving plant-based cooking from scratch.

I remembered a freezer drawer full of berries so added a few handfuls of home-grown blackberries to the slow stewed bramley apples, dried prunes fresh squeezed clementine & orange, diced fresh ginger and lashings of cinnamon. It somehow came out rich, gloopy, luscious & satisfying – no sweet cravings, not even going back for a second portion.

it’s my evening for church & community gathering so having a 18:6 day with late lunch as my main meal today. I’ve heaped up yesterday’s crispy cabbage, apple & onion slaw, fresh tomatoes with yeast flakes, plus baby spinach, avocado, hummus & pumpkin seeds – a HUGE plate of deeply satisfying food at just under 600 calories. Depending on how I feellater can add in stewed fruit and yogurt and call it a F800 day or also defrost a soup or dal and have another solid CD.

The sun is shining & the birds are very chirpy here on what feels like a very springy day. A flock of sparrows live in my back garden and they’ve been very loud today; also blackbirds, robins, woodpigeons and dunnocks as not quite f/tresidents but hang out here most of the day, plus lots of visiting tits in the front garden. My gardener friend has come back today for the first time since December so I have a real sense of the changing season.

@daffodil2010 is there amy reason not to have a test? I’d definitely have one because then you know and can isolate/look after yourself. Lots of people have diarrhoea as a symptom, many just feel coldy. The main point of testing is knowing if we need to isolate & take precautions. Worst case scenario it’s not covid – which will perhaps set your mind at rest? I’ve had monthly tests since I first got sick as part of a research programme so i rather take it in my stride now. Take care of yourself whatever you decide.

@stitchincarol hope you are feeling better
    @jaifaim no such thing as failure. We just hit reset and go again. No better day for it than today
    @basyjames hope things settle for you v soon

OK back to the pile. Whatever the day brings, go gently X

Day 24 MN/US CD or FD800
    This week I’m averaging about 800 cals/day, so I’ve decided to attempt to finish the week at 800/day. Finally, i’m using MFP daily to track calories. It’s what I need to do, or intake gets away from me.

@ccco – Good news for you. I’m also starting to do our taxes, so not a lot of posting time for me.
    @stitchincarol – Are you still congested? Or just fatigued?
    @daffodil2010 – They say test is more accurate if you’ve had symptoms for 4-5 days. If you are able to get tested conveniently, you probably should. It’s fairly quickly done.

I reported the above post about watching a diet video. DON’T click on the link, please!

Day 24 – UK – TDEE

Busy day no time to read and catch up today so just a quick post for accountability

Completed a good FD500 yesterday and coming in below TDEE today – another FD500 tomorrow then my last weigh in for the month on Friday AM

Catch up tomorrow 😴

Day 25, NFD, Aus

Hello all!!! Did you miss me?

I’ve been away with work and I’m scheduled to be travelling for the next few weeks which means I don’t do 5:2. Deliberate choice of words there: I could do 5:2, it’s possible for me to do 5:2, but I don’t.

So… if no one else has volunteered, I’ll host March (as long as someone, @at? – cam run the spreadsheet for me). It’s a selfish gesture as it will force me to be accountable and DO my 2 FDs per week! And I’ll get to see you guys online every day.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yay, hi @penz, I was wondering where you where. Many thanks for hosting March, you are a star 👍

Thanks guys for the insights on when to get tested for Covid…..thankfully I feel fine today, slight sniffle but that’s it. I slept last night with the windows on the latch, you can’t beat fresh country air, and I think that made the difference. It’s been so windy and stormy this week that I was sitting inside stuffy buildings, both work and at home, so that probably contributed to the head cold. 😀

Glorious morning. Not a cloud in the sky, sunshine. On my dawn walk the golden moon was setting to the west and it was a fab sight.

It’s an NFD today, yesterday’s FD was good, weeks are flying by, still at same weight but feel stronger with all my exercise and rep training…..Strong is the new skinny?

Wondering where @flourbaby is…..it’s been a while?

@ccco great news about your vaccination, such a relief.
    @i-hate-lettuce so jealous you can actually begin to plan trips again……it’s not going to be until mid-summer, at the very earliest, before we can even think of travelling……strictest lockdown in Europe now they say 😨

Still, if it keeps us all safe and well until we are all vaccinated and life resembles what it used to be for freedom….well, we have adapted to it thus far, another few months won’t kill us.

Have a good Thursday

Day 25. U.K. OMAD

Well this is my fourth and final day of OMADs this week and I have on the whole really enjoyed doing my OMADs

I have learnt something too, in that I can do four days of OMAD and still lose a bit of weight hooray…. Obviously not as much as if I were fasting, but I do find doing an OMAD so much easier! If truth be told it is just mentally easier for me and I think that is the big difference.

So I am going to plan on doing four or even five days of OMAD next week as well….

I appreciate you are not getting all of the health benefits of proper fasting, but for now I am so desperate just to boost my weight loss after having been ill for so much of last year!

The good news is that I have lost around 2 lb during February, this is not bad considering the festivities that I enjoyed for 12 days during mid February!!!

Happy fasting everyone 😊

@penz Thank you for offering to host March! Yes I definitely want to be involved
    I liked your approach to not fasting whilst you were travelling i.e. it was a choice… Good for you, I so understand that feeling, ha ha!

Day 25 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning all

Drizzly wet day yesterday, so donned the waterproofs, the welly boots, rubber gloves …. and pressure washed the decking area in the garden. We spend hours sat out there in nice weather so got on with it, a good job well done I might add. Need some fair and windy weather to dry it out before a coat of deck oil, then we’re ready for summer.

FD today for me before tomorrows weigh in, still taking meds 3x a day and have to be with food, luckily the smallest bowl of breakfast cereal counts so doesn’t add too much to the days calorie count.

@daffodil2010 – re holidays, we’re planning, but a long way ahead!

Take care all

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 25 UK FD

Last FD of the month for me , weigh in tomorrow then I’m having a carb indulgent weekend , then getting back on it Monday

👋 @penz Wondered where you were , great to have you hosting March

@daffodil2010 I dare not even dream about holidays yet – Have a couple of bookings June &July that were pushed back from last year , think it’s highly unlikely but we’ll see

I’ll join you on the very exclusive list this morning @i-hate-lettuce , surely it will be larger by the end of the day Thursdays are usually pretty popular 💪

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 25 – Canada – FD?

Good morning everybody

Just a quick check in. Maybe a FD – OMAD. We shall see how the day goes.

Cheers.

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw

Day – Ireland – FD

Hi all!
    It’s a beautiful day here and I cycled over to the fishing harbour this morning… just fab 🛥 🚤⛵️
    I’ve a break planned with friends on the Shannon (our longest river) in June but… we’ll see it will probably not happen… but on verra 🤞. We live in hope…

FD today… good luck to all!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @jaifaim

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Today’s weigh in is just a few ounces heavier at 227 lbs. Feeling good about my last FD of the month today. It’s still within the realm of possibility that I hit my February goal, but even if I don’t, I’ll have come within a pound of doing so this month. Even more exciting to me is that it appears (unless something weird happens on Friday) that this will be the first week I haven’t hit the 230s. That’s something to celebrate — just not with a feast haha

“Sometimes I get the feeling we’re being ignored,” Lola suddenly says. I look into the rear view mirror at Lola in the back seat. “By Rita? John?” Lola shakes her head. “No, by you! It’s like you’re in your own little world and don’t care about Wesley and me.” I furrow my brow in confusion and glance over at Wesley who just shrugs. “I’m… sorry?” I say, uncertain why I’ve just been told this hurtful thing. “I don’t mean anything by it,” says Lola. “It’s just that — well, sometimes Wesley and I want to do things at our own pace. You know, stop and enjoy the scenery, the ups and downs of life. You, on the other hand, tend to ignore that and want to plow downhill.” I protest, “but I DO care about…” Lola interrupts, “yes, yes, we know that. Again, it’s not that we don’t understand that you want us to have a good time and enjoy the places we go. We’d just like some time to mingle and enjoy the experience.” I look over at Wesley. “Me? Oh, Lola’s right. I mean, there’s a time to move on to the next thing, but there’s also a time to skip something, or just take a moment to relax, talk, and not worry about the next tourist site.” I feel my emotions run from surprise to anger to sadness to frustration to realization. “Hey, everyone. I’m sorry. You’re right. I need to talk to you both before making a decision like this. But I thought you both were good with hanging out with this wedding party?” Lola chuckles, “Oh we are!” I look at Wesley. “It grew on me. But this trip is about us. No matter the experience, no matter how long it takes, let’s enjoy our time together and not just be eyeing the next thing down the road.” I nod. “OK. I promise to be more engaging. Speaking of which, does anyone see where Megan went? I don’t see her car in front of us any more.”

Good luck to us pocketlisters today!

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia (also ZBC)

Day 25. USA/DC NFD
    Good morning all. Yesterday was so jammed packed I pretty much didn’t have time to eat – a few slices of turkey during the day and a sweet potato around 8:30 last night. Not the healthiest of food intake, but so be it. Between 1 FD a week – which I have decided will likely just be every Monday, and running around with too much happening, I have dropped 2 pounds this week and am at 131.6. I have no memory of when I was that low before – maybe 30 years ago.. :))). Of course, my dry January extended into dry February and I am contemplating continuing on through Lent – that may be the real source of the continued weight loss. Really makes me focus on how much sugar is in wine! But this won’t last much longer – the image of me as a non-drinker is just not in any measure for real. Ha ha ha. Have to say though – I do sleep better.
    But I sure miss my wine.
    Stay well all. Hopefully I get my second dose of the vaccine tomorrow. Oh my goodness – it’s like Christmas!!!

Day 25 UK FD

Yesterday’s CD was fine – nearly an unplanned FD but too hungry after zoom course so added a small bowl of porridge oats. I STILL weighed in at 168lbs this morning but I’m feeling smaller – that subtle sense of losing puffiness that sometimes comes before losing weight. Determined not to sabotage because this is definitely progress and I know this WOL works!

Back to greyish and gloomy here today with hints of spring underneath the clouds. I’m really tired and pretty achy after a more active week – the first since early January’s health issues. Some gardening at the weekend, pottering with chores and picking up projects each weekday. I’m still really behind but beginning to be able to name what there is rather than simply drown in it!

Time to get on – a pre-lunch session of gentle yoga stretching then a big cup of marmite tea. Early supper will be sweet potato and spinach dal with a side of slaw followed by frozen berries. I’m joining a silent retreat from tonight until Sunday morning but will pop back in to wrap up the month.

@basyjames thank you for your generous encouragement & kind hosting this month
    @penz welcome back – and thank you for hosting march
    @ccco so glad you got your vaccine sorted
    @daffodil2010 glad you are feeling better 🙂
    @jaifaim wonderful that you made it to the fishing harbour
    @flourbaby hope you are ok

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia (also ZBC)
    @michelinme
    @at

USA. Day 25. FD800

Pocket List Day 25

@i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia (also ZBC)
    @michelinme
    @at
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD1200 or perhaps even FD500

I’m so delighted to report I’m feeling healthy today. Tired and aware I’ve been sick, still need the kleenex around me, but ready to face life again. Woo-HOO!! I don’t think I’ll bother to get tested again, but will just wait until Saturday to be around people, my official end of isolation. DH and I are the only ones at church most of the time anyway, so we can just go over and work and it will be pure bliss to get out of the house and be productive again!

@songbirdme Just realized you asked my plan, and I think I’ve answered it. I had no energy before now to do anything whatsoever, and suspect that, despite my excitement, I’ll run out of energy very quickly today, but it’ll be a start. I’ll resume teaching piano next week, and I’ll reschedule that hypnosis session as soon as I can and resume my 5:2 life soon…perhaps even today or tomorrow. I’m waiting to see how I feel after acting normally for a day, lol. Exercise? I think I’ll shoot for resuming that on Monday, and give my body some time to be healthy before I push it any harder.

@fivetwofan5252 You made me chuckle at how mysterious you were about your good news; whatever it was, I’m thrilled for you. 🥰

@litprof I’m delighted for you that you’re having a great trip, seeing work friends. How nice to have a touch of normalcy, eh?

@lilymartin ON the chance that @and…exhale saw the message, I suggested she come find us in February; hopefully she might search us out.

@daffodil2010 I’m so glad you’re fine today, and I too have been wondering about @flourbaby!

@i-hate-lettuce A week’s walking holiday, eh? Where is it planned for? Sounds delightful, and I do hope you can go!

@ccco I hope your week is calmer now with far less stress for you!

@basyjames Well done on getting through days where several major projects collided! And, to have averaged 31K steps per day? That is mind-blowing. Very, very impressive, indeed! How much more work is involved before you are an actual zumba instructor?

@penz I have indeed missed you; welcome back!! And how lovely to have you host March!

@northgeorgia How lovely to have Lola and Wesley back, even if Lola is giving “you” grief! 😁😂🤣

Have a grand day/evening, everyone!

Day 25 – UK – FD500

Early morning Broga class at 7am – that was a hard one!

Lunch service volunteering at our Parish centre – today 39 hot meals went out to our local community!

In between watching the cricket – Eng v India – what a test match that might end today…..on Day 2….YES Day 2 of a 5 day test match !!!!!

@ccco – great news about your vaccination!
    @penz – thank you for taking us the host role for March 🤗 and of course I’ll be happy to set up and keep an eye on the spreadsheet for you
    @daffodil2010 – good to hear that you are feeling better and that your symptoms were just a head cold and yes missing @flourbaby – hope she is OK
    @fivetwofan5252 – happy that the OMAD is working for you – I have taken to making my FD500 this month a OMAD too and it has worked well so far
    @brightonbelle – same as you – last FD of the month and weigh in tomorrow too 🤞
    @nellen – I’m pretty sure going dry helps with dropping the lbs – great job 👍
    @michelinme – thank you for adding me to today’s pocket list x
    @stitchincarol – good that you’re on the mend!

Pocket List Day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia (also ZBC)
    @michelinme
    @at FD500
    @ccco

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @ccco – Dry February
    @at – (Dry Feb except for 14th and 26th!)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 45min Broga and ?10,000 steps walk)

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check-in. Laundry day for me. Sun is shining, warmer temps, and lots of snow is melting.

Yesterday ended up as a good FD, 385 calories, and that is great for me.

@stitchincarol – glad your plan is so workable. Yeah for you, for health and wisdom with your life and body. Oh, BTW, my Illini got re-scheduled with your Cornhuskers for tonight in Cham-bana. We often call the State Farm Center the “House of Paign” hopefully not for us!

@penz – looking forward to March already.

Onward and downward.

Day 25 North Canton OH FD

Another blurrrrr of a workday. I looked up and it’s 2:30pm-Gah!!! Where did the day go?!!!!

@michelinme that fruity stuff you cooked up just made my mouth water. Rich, gloopy, luscious, and satisfying checks all my boxes

@penz bless you, and thank you for offering to host March🎉💜

@fivetwofan5252 half the battle is finding what works for you, kudos

@northgeorgia the Lola and Wesley saga continues!!!!

@stitchincarol oh joy!!! I am so glad that you are feeling better. And I was able to get the instructor class done in one 12-hour day. I have my certificate to teach, but I am not ready yet. I want to review the material and come up with a couple routines that I am comfortable teaching before I try. I will be practicing on my family first of course😄😄😄😁

second post

As we approach the final days in our February challenge. Please reflect and share (if you are comfortable)

Goals reached
    Setbacks conquered
    Lessons learned
    Opportunities for personal improvement identified
    Next steps

Remember goals do not only pertain to pounds or inches lost. Each of us is on a personal journey to wellness. We are more than numbers on scale and while you may have celebrated pounds/inches losses this month, there are other goals that we can celebrate.
    Finding a fasting regimen that works,
    sleeping better,
    dropping a size or two,
    better relationships,
    consistent exercise/food tracking, or
    just surviving the month.

We all have wins that we can articulate.

As David Brinkley once said “A successful man (or woman) is the one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks thrown at him ( or her)”

Namaste.

Day 25 MN/US CD

Busy day so a quick check in. Yesterday’s FD went from a planned 800 to 400, so that was good. I slept well for once, after a FD of low cals. Today as of 08:17 pm I have ended the day at 900 cals. I went for a real walk today with the sun shining and the temperature above freezing. It was gorgeous!

DS called to say he and DDiL will not be going on their vacation to Mexico, as they woke feeling not great and decided to get tested for Covid, and both were positive. They were an hour from driving with another couple to the airport, flying out tomorrow. They are disappointed, but I am rather glad they found out now…..at least they didn’t get down there only to be stuck for two weeks in quarantine, or worse, have serious problems. Symptoms so far: DS has sore throat, nasal and head congestion, headache, and a bit of cough….none of these very bad yet. But, he does have some shortness of breath when going up and down the stairs and that sort of thing. DDiL same, but quite tired, no sore throat. Neither have a fever. They are mid thirties, and relatively healthy, so hopefully no complications. They had to get the kids out of school and have them tested, and neither of my grandchildren are positive.

I will catch up on posts tomorrow. Another FD planned.

Day 26, NFD, Aus, TGIF, TTFN!!!!

Day 26, UK, 0MAD

Well yesterday I just got a little bit bored of not eating.!!

So I ended up breaking free and had a healthy lunch. But then with dinner I had wine and five chocolates , so I didn’t really cover myself in glory yesterday ! Oh well…

I am going to do another omad today, it’s a busy one so there won’t be much time to eat, so that’s handy!

@basyjames – You are so right, for me half the battle is just getting started …. and mentally I find it easier to start an OMAD day than I do to start a FD.

I will also have a think about your great questions for everyone and put my response was in over the weekend!

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Glorious day, really puts the Spring, literally, in the step. Also, My Dad is scheduled to get his first jab on Tuesday morning and I feel so excited and happy for him. He is delighted himself, making plans to get out and about.

Stayed the exact same weight all month. However, I feel strong and healthy, I have switched up my foods and getting more fruit and vegetables into my diet, a hell of a lot more fruit to be honest (the old Dukan Diet mentality was still there), so it may be what’s keeping me on the plateau. But all that vitamin C and magnesium and calcium is really helping with the menopausal itchy skin and sore joints.

So @basyjames, that’s my lessons learned and opportunities for personal development….change my food base and stop menopausal symptoms. Achievement is losing an inch from my waist.

Next steps…..I think OMAD for my 5:2 might be the way to go….and maybe every Tuesday and Thursday for my OMAD FD as I find Monday’s not working.

Thanks for hosting @basyjames

See you all in March guys 👍

Day 26 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – Glad you’re feeling a bit better, February can be a glum month without feeling ropey! You asked about our annual walking holiday, each year we got up to Scotland and rent a cottage in the Cairngorms in spring. There are a few cottages we use, all are really nice. A couple have red squirrels and deer come into the garden every day, just fabulous, we use it as a ‘kick start’ for our year. Really hope we can go in May this year!

February, well my target of maintenance went out the window, I’ve lost 1 lb ! Which I can live with 🙂 Hope others got to where they wanted to be.

Off to the local monthly Farmers Market, got to get to our regular supplies in!

Take care all

Day 26 UK NFD

My best result ever ,down 6lbs! I’m genuinely very pleased with myself, decided to give low carbs a real go and I’ve not had ANY sugar, potatoes,rice, pasta,bread and most surprisingly beer in Feb and it’s paid off. I’m having a weekend off then gearing up for March .

The sun is shining ☀️I’m off to enjoy Wishing you all a good day x

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply.