December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,192 total)

• Day 4 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Ate quite well yesterday despite treating the family to a Danish kringle (made in Racine, Wisconsin but sold in Trader Joe’s). We all had some with breakfast. Tonight I am making a hamburger casserole we enjoy called “Family Favorite” that I used to make often when the family was young. Our granddaughters enjoy it now.

@penz – I believe the MINT M&M’s are available only at Christmastime, so maybe a little indulgence once a year isn’t so bad. Just have to not buy the 2nd package. Ha ha!

Onward and downward.

Day 4 1st FD of December Oregon USA

Looking forward to a great day and week. Added me and cleaned up pocket list. (looks like @debster251 and @leggit submitted simultaneously earlier)

**DAY 4 POCKET LIST***
    @onahealthyhigh
    @maayyaa
    @anna6
    @molij
    @michelinme
    @toddybear
    @miraclelou
    @quebecoise
    @aljomisaza
    @fatrabbit
    @bigviking
    @jaifaim
    @belfastsink
    @stephies
    @irishtrier
    @mari84
    @aprilsunshine
    @debster251
    @leggit
    @mjrbcd44

🎄May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less.⛄

Thanks @mjrbcd44!

Day 4 – SW WA USA – FD

Adding myself to the list. Glad we’re together today –

**DAY 4 POCKET LIST***
    @onahealthyhigh
    @maayyaa
    @anna6
    @molij
    @michelinme
    @toddybear
    @miraclelou
    @quebecoise
    @aljomisaza
    @fatrabbit
    @bigviking
    @jaifaim
    @belfastsink
    @stephies
    @irishtrier
    @mari84
    @aprilsunshine
    @debster251
    @leggit
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn

Off to work. Will hopefully comment further later.

Together we are stronger!

Day 4 – Colorado – FD

On the tail of the link another member posted (sorry I can’t recall who, my apologies) for controlling GERD or acid reflux, I just saw this interesting video called “How to Fix your Broken Metabolism.”

It’s pretty long….. However, starting at 17:10 in the video, Dr. Berg starts explaining how intermittent fasting helps to fix your metabolism. So if you’d like to fast forward to 17 minutes in, it gets to the meat of the program & he gives easy ways of throwing some fasting in & how it helps us. Matches nicely with what we do!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1DOJXAXFg

Day 4 Akron OH FD

@happymargo you should be proud! I am proud of you. Welcome back to all our friends who took a break and all the newbies. I should do a better job of checking in on the weekends, but there is usually so much going on and before I know it the day is gone.

have an awesome day everyone.

Day 4 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Wine is my enemy 🍷….just saying.

Yesterday was to be a FD but we went out and purchased our Christmas tree and once the lights were strung we decided on a wee celebration which turned into an in depth wine tasting. 😐

@mari84 – Welcome back and good job not gaining while on your holiday.
    @happymargo – Good job, you should feel proud!!

Day 5 NZ FD

I returned to work- It was awkward but I’m a positive person and ‘just’ got on with my job! Definitely will be working on building positive relationships!! Thanks for your wonderful support and comments.

Day 4, Germany, LFD
    My liquid fast day went well today. I am really grateful for this idea I got in this forum. It seems easier for me to only have liquids than starting to eat on a FD. And it is so nice to know that we are fasting together!!!
    Tomorrow is my birthday, I’ll be 39!! I’ve invited around 20 people for tomorrow night for dine and drinks. I started preparations today – even though I was fasting. Made a big pot of chilli and some nice brownies (only for the guests 😉 ). So hopefully tomorrow won’t be so stressful with preparing.
    I am looking forward to my party but it is also always a challenge for me to deal with buffet style food in combination with alcohol…
    I hope all my fellow fasters are doing well today!
    @toddybear congratulations on your success!!!

Thanks! @basyjames & @awilson – even my husband commented that I didn’t become a wall flower all night & said I even looked comfortable & did a good job chatting. It definitely helps build a little confidence. =Blush=

It was @strawberriesandcream that had the video link. Also, love your tag line that we have to be stronger than our excuses. Excellent reminder!

@mari84 – great job not gaining on holiday. I can’t say I manage that trick, especially no FD on vacation. Best I swing is 16:8 by skipping breakfast. Or limit myself to 2 meals while family eats all 3. Go you!

Oh my gosh @bert1802 – I certainly hope this new hire doesn’t cause you the same fits as the last one. That would be so hard while still recovering from the flu. (Although, selfishly for us, the stories generated by the last trainee were priceless!)

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

@awilson…ha ha, snap!! Myself and DH had exactly the same Sunday as you…once the Christmas tree was lit we had to pop open the wine and on it went into the evening 🍷

So today’s FD much needed to reset. I was toying with the idea of doing a liquid fast but I was cold at lunch time, went home for my break, and had two slices of home made oat bran bread with ham for lunch. Once I had eaten the carbs I was no longer cold. I truly am finding liquid fasts to be much more difficult during the chilly damp days of the Irish winter. Maybe my body needs fuel these days, so I think I might stick to traditional 500 calorie fast days and see how I get on.

I don’t like constantly feeling cold. It’s not even a particularly bitter day today, but my toes were numb in work. I have ordered battery operated wireless heated insoles from Amazon and looking forward to their arrival. I hope they will work for my poor piggy toes ☺️

Would love to stay & read more posts, but I volunteered to go in to work on my day off…today & Thursday. I must be crazy!

For us Surgical RNs it’s a busy time of year as people have met their deductibles for the year & want to go ahead and take care of that nagging hip/ knee/ gallbladder/ bunion/ hernia etc, etc. Quick before deductible resets & you have more out of pocket expenses!

I was so happy my position was available & waiting for me after my medical leave. But there’s no gradual ramp up from time-off to return. It’s “jump right in! We need you NOW!” Good thing I love my job.

I’ll read & post when I can, but work days it’s nearly impossible. In the meantime, for me “Commit to your FD! Don’t switch to NFD halfway thru. Make a plan & stay strong.”

Day 4 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD.
    Adding myself to the list a bit late but a real busy day.
    **DAY 4 POCKET LIST***
    @onahealthyhigh
    @maayyaa
    @anna6
    @molij
    @michelinme
    @toddybear
    @miraclelou
    @quebecoise
    @aljomisaza
    @fatrabbit
    @bigviking
    @jaifaim
    @belfastsink
    @stephies
    @irishtrier
    @mari84
    @aprilsunshine
    @debster251
    @leggit
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn
    @stevetoontaxidriver.
    Hope everyone had a good day.

Day 4 North Wales FD

After 4 days of serious eating and drinking it always amazes me how easy it is to slip back into this WOL. I do think I have found something that really works and will help me stay at a healthy weight as I slip more and more into old age lol 😂
    Good successful FD, yes I did feel a little more hungry than I would have had I not overindulged but I managed to eat only one small meal well under 500 calories. Fizzy water flavoured with fresh lime will keep me on track until bed time.

@bert1802 hope you feel better soon.

@debster251 don’t be sad about the scales not being your friend today. We are in this for the long haul. I am sure you will make friends soon.

@awilson wine is my enemy too. I am better when I drink Gin and Tonic. One of those is enough. One glass of 🍷 is never enough.

Remember we are Stronger Together 💪💪💪💪💪 onwards and downwards. X

Day 3&4 – 🇬🇧- NFDs

Lovely start to the start of December – Christmas 🎄 decorations up, beautiful home cooked food & v excited kids!!!! Love this WOL – it doesn’t feel like you’re missing out 😊 FDs tomorrow & Thursday definitely worth it!

Will be taking a break from 5:2 for a little while. Have some health issues to deal with.
    Looking forward to rejoining as soon as possible.

Day 5/ CD 16:8/Melbourne Australia

Goodmorning all. It’s the 5th here for me. Just popping in to wish my fellow day 4 pocketeers a successful fast day.
    @bellyblast I am sorry to hear of your health issues. Hope to see you soon.

Perth, Western Australia
    Day 4 – FD
    Day 5 – NFD
    Weight has reached a plateau. When I think rationally, I think that it’s due to my starting a weights training program as my clothes are still getting loose. Emotionally however…. I think that I’ll only weigh myself again in another 2 weeks.

Day 4, Québec, FD

Fast day today and it’s so far so good. Going out to the theatre tonight so I shouldn’t eat. Just have to stay focussed when i’ll come back home.

Go to bed, go directly to bed, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 $

Go to bed, go diractly to bed, do not pass in front of the fridge, do not collect a piece of cake ! Lol

Good luck to all of you.

Day 4 London FD

My 2nd-ever fast day done,and a bit better than the 1st. Drank lots of water & much less coffee than usual. One piece of homemade oatbread this afternoon then supper of 150g lentil and veg stew, with a whole baked swede, spiced up with French mustard & black pepper. Felt very full of swede and couldn’t finish it all. Not at all nibbly this evening even tho i had some slices of apple ready just in case.

The bread feels like a mistake – very carby and gluteny despite being yogurt & seedy & gluten-free. I think I’ll keep the rest of the oatbread for NFD and plan & prep food ahead of next FD. Feels like a long week already!

Day 4 California FD

It feels good to get back to fasting today after eating a lot over the past 3 days and gained 1.5 kg. Time to get serious about reaching my final goal of 58 this month. I see have have quite a bit of company on my fast today.

*DAY 4 POCKET LIST***
    @onahealthyhigh
    @maayyaa
    @anna6
    @molij
    @michelinme
    @toddybear
    @miraclelou
    @quebecoise
    @aljomisaza
    @fatrabbit
    @bigviking
    @jaifaim
    @belfastsink
    @stephies
    @irishtrier
    @mari84
    @aprilsunshine
    @debster251
    @leggit
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @califdreamer

@songbirdme, I’m a big Kringle fan as well. We have a couple in the freezer. When I was visiting Racine a few months ago I had Kringle just about every day (in limited amounts). They had so many flavors! The cranberry and rhubarb are my favorites.

Day 4 FD 2nd post

…struggling…was looking forward to the FD today but just feeling yuck.

Only 3 pm.

Hopefully eating at five will help.

🙁

Day 5 NFD – Brisbane, Australia

Very successful fast day yesterday…I was so busy I forgot to eat. Just had a light dinner. Hit a new low this morning 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 doing the happy dance!

What is a Kringle? I don’t know what it is but I want one.

@bellyblast praying for a speedy recovery.

Day 4 NFD Pacific NW USA

@annemarilyn, @metatauta, @happymargo – Yes, know I will be ‘stronger together’ when I ‘hop right back in’ and ‘do it again’! Your 3 comments coincidently rang a rhyme so thanks for supplying me with a mantra for this month, I love it 😍

Tomorrow will be a FD as I wait for my beautiful adult daughter to come out of surgery and provide her post-op support.

Best to all!

Still day 4 –

Doing well on a LFD – water, coffee with cream and or cashew milk, and some tomato soup for a finale.

@biddiev – good to hear from you. Your story gives hope.

@mari84 – I was wondering where you were. You did so well on your vacation!

@happymargo – so glad your parties went well 🙂

@miraclelou – Happy 39th tomorrow! Enjoy!

Hopefully all the fasters are finishing well!

Day 4….Florida….NFD

Warning long arse post…..

So the beginning of the month, didn’t work out to well for me. That nasty flu bug really sent me into a tail spin. I’m in the process of catch up on all the posts.

I first want to welcome all the newbies…… congrats on your journey to learning to listen to your body and love yourself! If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask, I promise some one will have your answer.

Welcome back @okeydokey and @coda….. you were missed!

@Irishtier…… The first couple of FD are tough when you first start out. Remember, your asking your body to do something it’s never done before and just like anything new we try, we’re going to have someone or something grumbling at us, until it gets used to the “new system” so to speak. After a while, it will become habit.

@bigviking and @fatrabbit….. congrats on making it into maintenance!

@ yo-yo fletch…. I’m glad you found my opening inspirational…… I try to be who I am when I write, so, that you all get a full frontal view of who I am……

@molij……congrats on 2 stones….your are fantastic!

@flourbaby….. I know you said no to ask but it made me even want to ask more……
    Baileys fueled Christmas of 2016?

@pashaw…. my prayers are with you!

@leggit….. it does seem as if everyone’s got a quote or meme….. I just chose ones that make laugh or something silly I read somewhere!

Okay well, I’m off…… I got some more reading to do!

Remember everyone….. don’t forget to treat yourself to something nice this holiday season!

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?

He knows where all the bad girls live!

Day 5 – Japan – NFD! yay … but I forgot to weigh myself today

Day 4 fast day was easy because I’ve been in the programming zone. I don’t trust my corporate future. My company was purchased by a company which was bought by a bigger company last year and things are changing. Really don’t like the idea of looking for work in my late 50’s. So I’m trying to build so of my own income.

I did it in the 90’s and got to a point where I was making good money, but I fell back into the corporate world. I have a long ways to go, I’m only making about 10% to 15% of what I need, but it is a start. There are lots of opportunities these days if you can write code.

Anyway I was lost the last few days in the programmer zone. In that zone fasting is easy as the hours just fly by. It is just hard to get my mind into the zone these days. However programming zone tends to reduce communications to grunts and other body noises. It is hard to spend typing on posting when there is too much code in the head that isn’t saved in a file yet.

Day5 NZ NFD Overate yesterday at a Christmas lunch. Limiting my food today as I’m not that hungry but will fast tomorrow. @bellyblast get well soon. @miraclelou a very happy birthday.

Day 4 Sarasota, Florida NFD Had a good CD yesterday with 30 minutes of lap swimming. Indulged in some favorite foods today and a 90 minute yoga class. I’m doing well but as always, I want to up my game in terms of fruit and vegetables and cut back on sweets. Hubby is on board for that so we’ll see what we can plan for tomorrow 🍆🍎🍉🥕🥒

Day 5 UK NFD

Had a great FD yesterday – 385cal… made a very tasty Lentil Masala from the FastDiet recipe book – I found a link which I have shared below and it’s much easier than the long list of ingredients suggests… it has to be with me and I don’t get hung up if an ingredient isn’t found in the cupboard I just substitute something else… I didn’t make the Roti though as I didn’t feel the need. Also managed a 5K jog and then 40 minute swim!

http://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/lentil-tikka-masala

@Michelineme – I’m just starting my fourth week and believe me the FD become easier and easier – I am no longer surprised when I wake up the next day and haven’t starved to death overnight! If you’re like me you like food – particularly the taste of food – so on FD I still try to make the effort to find tasty morsels and then just sort out the portion size to suit the 500cal. The surprising thing for me as the days go by is I am now finding that NFD portions are being adjusted too! Bonus!

@miraclelou – have a fab birthday!

@bellyblast – hope you are feeling better soon

Hoping to make time in this busy, busy month to jog and swim again today.

Day 5, Norway, CD

@evasietetres and @stephie, well I don’t know how strong I was – I tasted one chocolate covered mint «ball»-thing and liked a spoon full of chocolate. Lucky for me I don’t like cakes and cookies too much  Mainly did this bake day as a “teambuilding” with my colleagues.

@mari84 – SO good to see you back here. And congratulations on not gaining weight on holiday!!

@happymargo – Our bake day was just us 4 colleagues (we work with men only, it’s us 4 “girls” and 14 guys) so we just baked some Christmas cookies, mainly for ourselves, but we were aske nicely to please bring some to the office today 

Not sure if I can call yesterday a successful fast, I didn’t eat anything until 5pm, but again, since we did this bake day we tried to make it simple, so I had a Steak-Subway-Sandwich…not the best choice I could have made…but oh well… and this morning…haven’t lost a gram, not gained either though. I’m going to be strong(er) for the rest of the week.
    I would guess I ended up around 1000kcals, roughly…

What is an Instant Pot? I just bought a Crock Pot…for slow cooking. Anyone find these things handy for healthy dinners, made while at work? Only tried it once (bought it a week ago), but that didn’t taste too good. I would like to find some healthy and tasty recipes’.

Day 5 UK NFD

Not a successful fastday yesterday. I ate too much fruit in the afternoon and then had seconds of leftover curry when I got home. Motivation is harder to come by now there is no longer an urgent need to lose weight. Under tdee but above 800 calories.

Day 5 Spain FD
    I am a little nervous. First fast day! I know I got more ore less used to fasting one year ago, but now it feels like a higher mountain to climb. I have a busy day and everything planned (520 Cal in 3 meals) and I know I can do it. Why this restlessness?

@fatrabbit maybe you could think about your health markers? (Blood glucose, ccholesterol…) you could have some analysis made and check for improvements or just keep the good results in the future

Day 5, UK, FD

77.4kg this morning, so still 2.6kg above Friday (and down 0.9kg since yesterday). It will be interesting to see how many FDs I need to shift this!

2nd day of B2B2…..

Day 5 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Self control needed on non fasting days.

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday’s FD brought me back into happy 9 stone land so the weekends excess almost purged and already in low zone for the rest of the week. Won’t get complacent though!

Today will be a CD, worked out calories and should come in well below 1000. My DH has started a new shift pattern in work (he is an aircraft engineer), and now works from 2pm to midnight Mon to Thurs. Great that we have weekends together again (hardly any in 2017… Boo), but strange that I am rattling around the house with just the cat for company in the evenings. Better keep mindful. This could be a danger zone if I get bored. Good on the evenings I am fasting though as I dont have to consider what he will eat.

Happy Tuesday everyone. @miraclelou have a fab 39th birthday 🍾🎂

Thanks for this – all very informative

Day 5 UK CD

@miraclelou happy birthday

My struggle on fast days or even other wise in after 5:30 pm, when I get back after school run and need to cook dinner. Till then it all goes swimmingly well.
    I cook at least 4 days , and my OH does 2 days and our daughter does one day. Its just a big part of our being together. We socialice around the dining table :-). Those days on which I cook are the most troublesome. I still havent managed to conquer the demon. Though I dont go overboard my allowance i just feel I have to pick while cooking . A very slippery slope then.:-(

Day 5 Belfast FD

I’m trying to eradicate the 3lbs that sneaked up over the weekend, but they won’t let go. So second fast day today. One evening meal for me today.
    @mari84 happy skinny holidays!
    SteffieS – I have an ongoing problem with stomach acid, which I was treated for long before I started fasting, but have to report that it has got less problematic as time has gone on. When I first started fasting it did seem to get worse, but gradually the symptoms have receded, and I have managed to cut my meds in half. Caffeine is a trigger for me, and I drink decaf wherever possible. I also drink kefir daily. There is a list online of trigger foods, and tomatoes and red wine are another two not for me. I think also losing fat from around my stomach has helped. I’ve tried ACV but it’s not for me! Good luck in finding a cure.
    @happymargo – what are deductibles? Thanks for the link BTW. Always good to reinforce our resolve.
    @molij – thank you for your kind words. I was at a lovely low at the end of Nov and five days later, after 3 days of self-sabotage I now have another mountain to climb. Why do I do this to myself? That’s why I’m a tortoise! 🐢
    @bellyblast – sorry to hear of your issues. Take care of yourself and come back fit and well.
    @michelinme – well done. Fasting does get easier. I find homemade veg soup a lifesaver.
    @backtothefuture -wishing your daughter well.
    Wow @toddybear! You’re on fire!
    @miraclelou Happy birthday to you 🎶🎵💐
    @dykask – it’s very unsettling when your job isn’t secure in your 50’s. I hope you find a solution.

Remember: if you don’t change anything, nothing will change.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 5, Newcastle UK, FD

Good FD yesterday – ended around 580 cals. I’ll replace a few cups of tea with herbal tea this evening and aim to end around 500 cals.

Happy birthday @miraclelou – enjoy your day.
    All the best @bellyblast – look forward to ‘seeing’ you back when you feel ready.
    @markie99 – great to hear you’re in a happy place. And, yes, one meal later in the day on FDs seems to be a winning strategy for a lot of folks, me included.
    @happymargo – glad you had a very successful weekend all round 🙂
    @awilson – ahhh – the wine demon – it’ll take advantage of any situation to take your power. Hope you enjoyed it though!
    @daffodil2010 – you are made of tougher stuff than me. As soon as the temperatures plummet I down tools until Spring. Fortunately being self-employed, that works out just fine. I feel for your piggy toes – do hope your heated insoles do the trick.
    @happymargo – good for you jumping in when needed. I expect your work will be a good distraction from food – so a win win all round.
    @molij – fizzy water and fresh lime – sounds delicious – I will try that tonight. Good to hear you’ve been able to jump back in to fasting so easily.
    @quebecoise – if you keep cake in the fridge at any time, you’re a stronger person than me. Actually I wouldn’t have cake in the fridge, ’cause I’d have eaten it!
    @toddybear – thanks for the recipe link. I’m too easily put off by a long list of ingredients – so anything simple is welcome.
    @steve toon taxi driver – you know you can do it – mind over matter.
    @dykask – great to hear about your plans for the future – and another win win with code being a distraction from eating. Looking forward to your updates re your business venture.

It hasn’t been mentioned for a while – but I think one thing we agree on is, that while this WOL is sustainable – it’s also free! We share so much information with each other that we no longer need to pay for it. We also recognise that slow and steady is the name of the game. I’m so glad I found I watched Dr. M’s original programme and finally joined this forum and found all you wonderful, caring, sharing people.

A little progress every day adds up to BIG results.

Day 5, London, UK, FD,

Yesterdays’ FD went well so I’m throwing another one in, so this week will include B2B2B rather than ADF.

@happymargo, nothing better than a wallflower coming into bloom!!!!!!!

@awilson, personally; wine is ‘My Precious’!!!!!!…….just saying!!!!

@aljomisaza, I’m with you on the ‘kringle’, I’ve no idea what it is, sounds floury & sweet though!!! I dare not google it or I’ll be off to find one in London NOW!!!!! – New untried foods are one of my ‘things’…………. “Oooh, I’ve never had that before………….. I must eat ALL of it NOW!!!!”

@miraclelou……’Happy Birthday’…………………….. enjoy that chilli and maybe ½ a brownie!!!!

@bert1802, you may well ask about the infamous ‘Baileys fuelled Xmas of 2016’……………………………. But for the life of me I can’t actually remember much of it, it’s just a fuzzy blur!!!!!!!! However, I CAN remember the 9lb weight gain, I could actually SEE the new Baileys (wine, cake, chocolate, wine gum, crisps & bread) shaped addition to each hip!!!!………………………….. never again!!!!

Stay strong everyone, we’ve GOT this!!!!!!

Day 5 UK FD

first FD in over a month. Planning on apple for lunch then chicken and stir fry for tea. As hubby now doesn’t work I’m finding it difficult to control the calories going in. I have Mon &Tues off work and now he keeps suggesting going out for lunch. On my days in work he’s been cooking tea so we’ve slipped back into ready meals and lots of pasta. I really appreciate the effort he’s going to but I’ve said it stops today. No more cheese toasties and no more ready meals.

@miraclelou, happy birthday.

I just googled Kringle – mmmm they look yummy. Thankfully that’s one temptation we don’t have in the North West of England.

Wish me luck everyone, feels like I’m starting again..

@flourbaby and @saffy420 I googled Kringle as well, then googled “Kringle recipe” now I need to make one!! I too love trying new foods and new recipes.

Day 5, Germany, NFD
    First of all, a big, big THANK YOU!!! for all your lovely wishes and congratulations for my birthday!
    I am looking forward to my party tonight, still have some preparations to make but for now just reloaded my batteries by reading all your posts!
    @bellyblast hope you are feeling better soon and have you back in our group!
    @tsubaki I also really enjoy the freedom of not weighing dayly – try to only weigh once a month, even though it’s sometimes tempting after a FD. Yet my head gets crazy with numbers on a scale…
    @quebecoise hope you enjoyed your theatre and made it safely to your bed 💪
    @michelinme you are doing good! You just have to find out in the beginning what works best for you!
    @mjrbcd44 hope you could finish your FD well and are feeling better!?
    @aljomisaza congrats on your new low! 👍
    @bert1802 hope you are feeling better soon!!!
    @toddybear I think it sounds you are doing great!
    @evasietetres I know that, too. I just stopped 5:2 for a 3 weeks holiday and was super scared before the first day back to fasting. It went surprisingly well and easy then. It gets easier so quickly! Just jump into it!
    @bigviking wishing you strength to go on! Maybe a woosh about to come…. ✊
    @flourbaby 1/2 brownie??? I’m afraid I would finish the whole plate once I started 🙈🙈🙈 I know that it is just so hard for me to deal with sugar (my drug!) and in combination with wine – hopeless…
    Gotta get going!
    Have a good day and please wish me discipline on the buffet tonight 😋

Day 5 – USA – NFD

NFD yesterday went pretty well. Ate mindfully for the most part, but somehow cookies must have been on my mind because I ate several. I know I can eat cookies and still stay within my tdee, but I’d rather not. Did not eat after dinner, which is a major good thing for me.

Activity included classes I taught, and a Pilates class I attended. Pilates is challenging for me, but I love how strong I feel after each class. A friend who has taken this class for over a year has seen great results in overall strength.

Weight the same today. I weigh daily; I try to not focus on daily fluctuations, but instead look for a downward trend.

My goal for Day 5 is to avoid sugar. Activity will be a bike ride and about 20 minutes of exercise with weights and resistance bands. A possible pitfall could be this morning’s holiday party at the gym. I’m bringing a relatively healthy tray of raw vegetables, cheese and crackers so I’m assured of something to eat. This evening we are attending a performance at a local theatre.
    We often stop for coffee and dessert at this venue, so I will avoid dessert and stick to coffee. Please wish me luck in keeping that commitment!

And, good luck to everyone, fasters and non-fasters alike. today. Glad that we can do this with support from each other. Knowing that I am checking in here each day is super motivating.

Take care, Markie

Day 5 USA (Utah to Illinois) – NFD

Quick check in – travel day today. Will read and post more tomorrow!’

Onward and downward

Day 5 NFD
    had my FD yesterday stayed well under 400 calories i think 🙂
    I have decided to hide my weight scale for some time.
    I am not going to weigh myself till the end of December . I know I will become thin and fit 🙂

Day 5, FD, US

I’m tilting towards that face-first plunge into the silly season and have a week of social events ahead of me. I usually do my FDs Mon and Thurs, but given we’re out on Thurs night, I thought I’d try a B2B FD today. Never done that before, so I’ll see how I go!

Day 4 – Iceland – NFD
    Day 5 – Iceland – FD

Yesterday was fairly controlled and today is the second FD of the month. Made vegetable broth yesterday so will try to make this my first LFD 🙂

@miraclelou – Happy birthday to you! Enjoy your party and buffet tonight!
    @daffodil2010 – I also love to doing spreadsheets, it is a kind of extra motivation 😀

**DAY 5 POCKET LIST**
    ***If you’re fasting today and want to join, copy and paste the list adding your name***
    The more the merrier!

@saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @debster251
    @bigviking
    @evasietetres
    @penz
    @borealis

Day 5……Florida……NFD

Good Morning!

Today is going to be a busy day. I have today off and since I was sick over the weekend, I’m going to try and get what I wanted done which includes finishing putting up my Christmas decorations.
    Plus, I’ve got finish getting caught up on my posts!
    Then the long week begin……. I work Wed. thru Sat.

@miraclelou…… I hope your birthday was spectacular!

@flourbaby…… oh your 2016 sounds like my 2013. My bestie and I decided to make Christmas cookies. We planned for weeks, did all the shopping. The day we plan to do this, a guy hit my my truck with his truck in a parking lot, so we started late. Finally, we get started….24 cookie receipe…..4 dozen each…. we finished up about 2am.
    Then all said and done…..I gained 5lbs in one night…. but it hung around for three years…… I actually think It’s still here…… so, in the end, we haven’t made cookies since!

Okay well….. time to get my crap done…….

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?

He knows where all the bad girls live!

Okay

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.