December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,192 total)

• Day 5 – USA – NFD

@miraclelou, happy birthday!

Day 5 – Massachusetts – nfd

Yesterday’s FD didn’t go perfectly… one word: cheese. Still below my tdee but not a Fast. Planning on adding another Fast day this week to compensate.

Good luck all, keep going!

Day 5 Akron OH NFD. I think my poor choices over the thanksgiving are either catching up with me or hanging around like a vengeance.

I put on a cream sweater this morning and hated the way I looked in it. Argghh. I’m trying to be kind but it was not good 🙁

Day 5, Cornwall UK NFD

Just been attacked by the Snack Dragon. 2 hours of yoga and a decent lunch only seemed to encourage it. I was just about to launch into buttered toast when I managed a counter-attack of walnuts and almonds. They may be high calories but I’m told they hardly spike insulin at all. And my obsessive reading of the last few months has made me realise how important it is to keep insulin down if I want to lose weight. Wish I’d known that 20 years ago.

Good to know the Snack Dragon can be slain every now and then…

Day 5, South Wales, FD

Great reading all your posts after a few days of being offline. Happy birthday for today @miraclelou
    @cornish-jane, love the idea of your little nut-soldiers banishing the toast-dragon!

Day 5, Cornwall UK, NFD

If @bert1802 is going to make Christmas jokes, then I’m going to add some too:

What’s the best thing to put into a Christmas cake?
    Your teeth!

I’ve got very distracted reading this forum today and slaying my Snack Dragons. Must get back to work.

Hi – I’m a bit late to the party so hope you don’t mind a gatecrasher!

This is my first month on the 5:2.

Day 5, North Wales, FD

My NFDs have been filled with quite a bit of indulgance – mulled cider, long island iced tea and waffles being the main culprits.

Today has gone well. I didn’t get any hunger signals until way beyond ‘snack time’ but this afternoon boredom has struck and I ate an emergency cereal bar from my drawer – a bit of a better option than the option of diving into the sweet jar in the office…!

Day 5, Ireland, NFD
    Well yesterday went well until about 5pm. Homemade brown scones leapt into my mouth and crashed the fast day. So I am going to plan a bit better tomorrow. I think that cooking dinner in advacne tonight might be a good plan – it will keep me away from the snacks.

Thanks for the good advice @bert1802. The way I look at it is even if I am not achieving perfect fast days this week, I am eating far more mindfully and certainly eating less!!

Day 5 UK NFD

Today has been fine, considering. Really tired and not feeling well, mother in hospital and all sorts of shenanigans in the family, but v happy not to have reached for chocolate or other Comfort Food. I’m trying to remember that not eating junk is much better self-care than eating!

Not eaten enough – i’m finding it hard to remember to eat on a NFD! I guess that’s better than eating too much? Definitely need to plan ahead for next week with a bit of meal planning! Tonight’s filling supper is going to be rice, eggs and beans and I’ll look forward to the grilled low-fat halloumi and salad for tomorrow’s lunch.

Thank you for the lovely welcome & messages. It’s so amazingly helpful to read other people’s experiences – both early ones and further along – and to be reminded that this is a process, not an event.

Happy Birthday @miraclelou Hope you have a lovely party 🙂
    @cornish-jane – love the Snack Dragon image, and thanks for the reminder to have a good counter-attack
    @leggit Empathy with the cheese!

@bert1802! Thanks for adding me. It’s December and instead of being a bear and trying eat and hibernate…lets FAST!

I’m doing 4:3 FASTing M-W-F which has been the goal and now is the reality. Summer was very good…#4 too good!

Now working to get back on track by: HIIT 3 x weekly, 4:3 AND narrowing my eating window (not quite sure what that looks like yet). I have been waiting to eat “breakfast” at noon so may commit to 6 hour window first week.

Thanks again!

2nd post.

Coming to the end of day 2 of B2B, which is going well. But… this doesn’t feel lke maintenance. If the calorie counting of my FitBit is remotely correct, I should be lighter in the morning than I was on Friday morning. Somehow I don’t think that will be the case. So it looks like coming out of Dry Winovember and eating quite a lot over a 3 day period has put back a lot of the weight I shed last week. Presumably water.

Has anyone else had the same experience when entering maintenance? A dead cat bounce? Or will I end up settling 1-2kg above my lowest weight? I’d hoped to do FDs on Mon/Thu, but at the moment it looks like I’ll need 3 FDs a week, which doesn’t feel like a mantenance regime that will work long term.

2nd post

Welcome @rosettafaery! Good luck with your first month on the 5:2, you’ll find we’re a lovely, supportive group here helping each other on our journeys and sharing tips to reduce the bumps in the road.

In case people are interested, there was an article published in the Lancet today about a trial of 800 cal/day to reverse diabetes. While fasting isn’t mentioned, it does have some similarities with Dr Mosley’s 8 week blood sugar diet – although Dr Mosley’s Med diet regime sounds a whole lot more palatable. The BBC summmarized it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42154666

Day 5 NFD Oregon USA

@MiracleLou–hope it as a wonderful birthday and thank you for asking after me. I was able to finish my fast–came in around 550 calories and felt much better after I ate. I may need to split up my calories or have a small snack in the afternoon.

And I’ve been relying too much on diet soda which is not a habit I really want to start up. Today have bought a lot of “fizzy water” as many have suggested and hope I can stick with that. 🙂
    @Penz–good luck on your B2B. I probably should have done it too as my Thursday this week has a holiday event but I just can’t seem to get there. Trying for a very good CD today and tomorrow and probably try a FD on Friday.
    @Markie99-hope the holiday party at the gym was fun and you were able to stick to your non-dessert goal.
    @bellyblast-hope your health is restored and you are able to rejoin us soon.
    @Awilson–if everyone lived where you do they would understand your wine enemy. ( I certainly do!!) Not too helpful, but which is your favorite winery nearby? 🍷
    @toddybear-thank you for the recipe. Definitely going to be making this one soon.
    @HappyMargo–how wonderful that you love your job! It sounds like a fascinating one and they are just as lucky to have you back as you are to have the job to go back to!
    @AnneMarilyn-hope you are enjoying all the sun days! I know I sure am.
    @Maayaa-love my crock pot. Don’t have an instant pot, but have thought about getting one several times. One of my favorites in the crock pot is white bean chicken chili!

While I’m on the subject…does anyone have any cooking, baking or WOL-related gifts on their wish list this year? I am buying my husband (and me) an Air-fryer. Hoping it makes good sweet potatoe “fries”.

Alright friends–hope your days are going great.

Even though I didn’t feel great yesterday afternoon, I made it through and felt good this morning. The post fast “light”. And if I come through December lighter than I ended up at the end of November, then really it will all be very worth the temporary discomfort.

🎄 May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less! ⛄️

Day 5 – SW WA USA – FD (800 cal)

I too haven’t ditched the weekend lbs with just yesterdays LFD so adding an 800 cal day. Working around the “party” days.

@maayyaa – I love the crockpot. I make a variety of things in it such as: chili, soup, chicken with vegetables and more.

Will catch up with more later.

All the best everyone!

@miraclelou @maayyaa 🎉🎈Happy birthday! 🎊🎁.

@daffodil2010 – I get so cold on FD and I get to work indoors! I don’t know how you manage fasting chills + working outside. You’ll have to report back how those heated shoe inserts work out. Hope they do the trick!

@bellyblast – take care of yourself. Get the medical stuff ironed out & rejoin whenever. Beauty of 5:2 is the convenient Reset Button. Ready at any time. Best wishes!

@tsubaki – way to go on the weight training! So healthy for muscles & bone density.
    I just got cleared to lift again & I swear EVERY part of me hurts… in that “great workout yesterday “ way. I remind myself that the micro-trauma to the muscle draws extra water in for repairing/ rebuilding the tissue. BUT, even knowing this, I still get discouraged hopping on the scale. You’re smart to lay down a 2 week ban on the scale. I’ve been a daily-weigher for years, but ought to consider backing away till the strength training is further along.

@michelinme – Nice! Sounds like your 2nd ever FD was a success. The more you do (and plan ahead) the easier they get.

@califdreamer & @songbirdme – oh my gosh, cranberry & rhubarb Kringle? Sounds amazing. Glad they’re aren’t in stores out here.

@aljomisaza – I look forward to the day I can say the words: ”I forgot to eat.” Good for you on hitting that new low!

@dykask – it’s awesome you have programming skills. You sound like an incredibly hard worker, and resourceful. Hoping the job situation goes well & you land on your feet!

@debster251 – Deductibles are “fun” out of pocket expenses we US Americans have to deal with regarding health care. Insurance won’t start paying any medical coverage till you pay out your deductible (for example, mine is $5,000 each year. Boo.). Even after you’ve met & paid your deductible, there are then co-payments to dole out (over & above the $5,000.) Fun stuff!

Day 6 NFD country West Australia
    Day 5 NFD
    Day 4 FD
    Day 3 totally OOC ( out of control) NFD
    Day 2 NFD
    Day 1 FD – until I opened my mouth and in jumped chips, pizza, bread, a chocolate bar and a few coffees. Stopped counting at about 3000 calories. Doing fooditory penance since.
    So many parties and functions. Oddly, I am finding it much harder this year to be controlled than I was this time last year.😔
    However I do still enjoy the feeling I get on a FD of my body ‘ just being’ and not having to cope with food, if that makes sense.
    Onward and downward!😅

Day 5 North Wales NFD

@debster251 you can do this, you know how. Distraction distraction is the key. Think of it as a way of life. Small steps is the key and so what if we jump back. The next jump forward will be bigger. Hopefully lol 😂

Day 5 NFD Sunny Mexico
    Almost Happy Hour here 🌅
    Saludos

Day 5 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Very late post!!
    Had my photography class in Portland today and I don’t seem to have my road food/out and about food under control yet. ☹️ I would love to hear how others deal with this issue. Since I’m retired, I’m okay when I’m at home, but when I’m on the road, everything seems to fall apart.

@dykask – I’ve been there!! When smaller companies are purchased by larger publicly held companies, the personality of a company really changes. It becomes more about the money than about the people. It seems as though there are lots of opportunities though for those who can write code. I’m sending you positive thoughts!!
    @flourbaby – I understand!!
    @mjrbcd44 – There are so many good wineries here….Anne Amie has my favorite pinot blanc and Mad Violets has my favorite pinot noir….pure bliss all.

Day 5, Québec, CD

Yesterday was a semi success. Everything was going well untill I came back home drom the theater around 11:30 and did not go directly to bed. In fact, I ate about everything that was edible in the house. I knew what to do but didn’t do it. Why ?

Thank you for your support @Strawberriesandcream and @miraclelou …. And Happy Birthday to you.

Today I ate mindfully but made a small mistake. I ate an avocado with my chicken not knowing that this fruit gave some 350 calories ! So I went a bit over my TDEE.

Have a nice evening everyone x

Day 6/16:8CD/Melbourne Australia

As one who needed people to respond to my questionnaires for my PhD, may I encourage everyone to take the brief survey I just saw posted by @emily_psychologist apparently from the University of Chichester. It’s not long, and a follow up one will be sent to your email in 14 days.

Please fill in this survey about meat consumption! 🙂

Please click the link or copy and paste into your browser if you wish to begin the survey:

https://chichpscyh.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eRQHTKK8SEOKCQR

Day 5 California NFD

@aljomisaza, @flourbaby and @happymargo, the only places I know to get real authentic Kringle is in Racine, Wisconsin USA, preferably here: https://store.ohdanishbakery.com I think there are others in Racine as well, but I have tried many things called Kringle, but none came close. They probably make them in Denmark, but that’s too far to ship. But be forewarned, they are high in sugar and butter and calories. We keep them in the freezer. A single slice that’s pretty quickly and the rest goes back in the freezer. One left out on the kitchen counter will be gone within a couple hours between the 3 of us.

Day 6, Norway, hopefully a CD, or even better a natural FD (one that just happens 🙂 )

Yesterday could SO easily have become an FD, but for some reason (my new crockpot) i just had to try out something…and ate meat at 9pm, SO freakin’ unnecessary… oh well..reset button today…

i’ve become a frequent weigh’er, and i like it, makes it easy for me to see where i go off, and easier for me to pick my self up and fix it, before its too late.

Sometimes when i feel things are going too slow, i try to think about how i havent GAINED any, even though i havent lost any… and the phrase: “I didn’t come this far, only to come this far.” Thats a good one!

Keep on keeping one, people.

Day 6, UK, NFD

After 2 days of B2B, I’m at 75.9kg, which is 1.1kg up on Friday. This has to be water retention, so looks like my body has reverse whooshed me. Still down 0.5kg on where I was a week ago though. I’ll probably do another FD on Thursday and hopefully next weekend won’t have such a huge impact on my weight as last one.

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

First of B2B. Yesterday was a CD under 900cals and nice whoosh this morning bringing me to 9 stone 12, and this with two FD’s ahead of me ☺️ YAY!!
    After the plateau month of November this is welcome news.

@bigviking so sorry to see that you had a reverse whoosh. Do you take green tea and/or dandelion tea? I am a daily imbiber (though green tea still tastes like pond water 😒) but I believe it really helps me with post weekend water retention. Hope you lose that water soon after your great November success.

@maayyaa I too am a frequent weigher. I like to see how much seemingly small things can influence my weight. For example, a 500ml glass of water can easily add on a pound, while a brisk 20 minute walk will only shave off a quarter pound. It’s the early morning weigh in before food and drink that counts 🤓

@happymargo I am eagerly awaiting those inserts but I don’t think they will be here until next week. Boo. Weather is forecast to get bitterly cold from Thursday evening with sub zero temperatures, maybe even snow. We are worried about our herbs. Last week’s salad cress crop froze on Friday so we had to pull that batch. Meanwhile I try to keep myself warm.

@mjrbcd44 You have given me an idea what to cook for dinner tonight….I had white beans soaking overnight. Chicken leg meat from yesterday and spinach, but wondering what to make for FD dinner. You made a white bean chicken chilli in your crockpot, will do that tonight ☺️

Keep on keeping on

Day 6- France- CD

Down to 74.5 this week from 74.9 last week. Total weight loss so far 8.5kg. Goal weight 60kg.

It’s cold, I’ve started a new job which is stressful and have take home work. I can’t seem to manage to stick to FD’s. Can make it through to the evenings and make healthy choices, but always end up drinking wine with my dinner! Think it’s related to the new job situation as the wine helps me to wind down and relax.

Not beating myself up about this, it’s just the way things are right now. It’s slowing my weight loss down but have counterbalanced with adding walking onto my 3 times week swimming regime. I have to get 2 buses to work, so I don’t get the second one there or back, I walk. This gives me 4.6 km brisk walking 4 days a week. So wine addiction or no, am still managing to lose weight. Will try and knock it on the head, but may not manage to until January!!

My goals for Dec were no wine on weekdays which I am going to postpone for now, but also to lose 2kg, first week in and I’ve lost 500grams, so am on track there!

Good luck everyone!

DAY 6 UK FD

Starting the pocket list for today

**DAY 6 POCKET LIST***

@daffodil2010
    @aprilsunshine

Good luck every one

Day 6, Belgium, NFD

Day 5, NFD
    Day 4, FD

I’ve finally had a little time and it’s been fascinating reading through everyone’s story, the newcomers and those regular with this WOL ! It’s so motivating!

@michelinme, I have a similar track history, at first I didn’t really believe changing eating habits would help with my chronic illness, how wrong I was! welcome to the group !

@bert1802, I hope you’re feeling better today!

@miraclelou, happy belated birthday 🙂

@leggit, urg cheese…. so good, once you start you can’t stop lol

@basyjames, some clothes don’t fit whatever the weight! maybe it’s just the cut of the sweater!

@cornish-jane, isn’t it a pity thought that all good foods have high GI ! I mean even watermelon, it’s disheartening! lol @ the Christmas cake joke !

@rosettafeary, welcome to 5:2 🙂

@Irishtreier, careful with those brown scones, they sound dangerous lol

@wellme, You’re starting strongly well done!

@bigviking, good luck with maintenance, I think it’s as much hard work as dieting personally !

@mjrbcd44, I love your little mantra at the bottom of your posts !!

So far I’ve managed to skip breakfast on all days, and keep up with green juice lunches. I’ve found that if I take green juices with ginger in them it really helps with the post fast nausea I was getting and also the stomach acid issues I was having.

This month I’m concentrating on my NFDs, I’ve also added the gym once a week, and two 20km walks a month.

Have a lovely day all !

2nd post

@daffodil2010 thanks for the the green tea idea. I may add that to my routine from now on.

Day 6, Spain, NFD

Yesterday was my first FD in about a year. I was nervous, but everything went just fine, just as @miraclelou said!

From today until Sunday it’s holidays here for many people in Spain. We are going to spend three days with friends in the countryside, and afterward, we’ll be together at home in Madrid for the remaining two days. It’s going to be impossible to have an FD with all the family and visits around, but after yesterday’s success, I am looking forward to the FDs next week.

@blissfulforever I am weighing myself every day. It helps me stay motivated, but I guess it works because I don’t become too fixed with numbers. Every person is different and needs different things 🙂

@quebecoise When we try not to think about something, that thing comes back over and over to our mind, and it becomes a more powerful thought. That’s been scientifically proved over and over. Trying to ignore or “bury” your thoughts doesn’t work! I am reading an extremely interesting book about a relatively new scientific approach to psychological “pain” (suffering, anxiety, obsessions, depression…) that talks about this and proposes a way to accept it and continue with your life. It’s serious science, not hocus-pocus. Maybe you could give it a try: https://www.amazon.com/Get-Your-Mind-Into-Life/dp/1572244259

Day 6, London, UK, LFD

So yesterdays’ FD went a little (??) haywire at about 10pm when I had 1……… yes just 1 baby plum tomato…………….. so sweet, so succulent and it opened the door to an avalanche of snacking, there was cheese, the biscuits I was supposed to bring to work today, and a bar of chocolate I was saving for an Xmas treat!!!! Under TDEE but NOT a FD and not a very nutritious NFD either………………… I have got to find some control and I’m seriously considering a timer lock for the kitchen!!!! Still hoping for a weekend whoosh though as I haven’t skimped on the water!!!

I still haven’t googled ‘kringle’…………and I’m not going to………………now THAT’s progress!!!!!

@bigviking, I guess after such a long spell of ADF, your body’s adapting to 5:2………………… in effect you’ve slammed on the brakes!!! You will adapt and continue to lose, ‘calorific deficit’ and all that, but if you wanted to continue your speedy losses until you dip below target, that would give you some wiggle room. You know where you’re at so stick with it and drown some dragons for a big whoosh (in the right direction!!!).

LFD to make up for the cr*p I consumed in front of the telly last night, so I’m with you @lilymartin & ‘doing fooditory penance’.

Onward & downward people………………. I hope!!!!!

Day 6 UK FD

My weight has been very consistent over the last week. I wonder if it has finally settled just below ten and a half stone or if I can I get back to and maintain the low I reached last week. It is my last Russian class before xmas and there may be goodies to resist this evening so I may struggle. I am taking clementines, so there will be a healthy option.

Day 6 Belfast NFD

Well I’ve lost the excess baggage from last weekend, and now I’ve three days until I step into the naughty corner again. I’m out on Friday with my girlfriends, so I hope to be better controlled this weekend.😇

Wise words @molij. Thanks for watching my back.
    So I googled ‘Kringle’. I know I would love it. Yet another food to be avoided. Ah well…. working hard to keep the sugar dragon in its cage!
    Off to sew my cushions.

Keep on keeping on everyone. TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 6 – Japan – NFD 82.1kg

Thanks for all the concerns! I’m actually not worried like I used to be. Japan has been good for my savings so I have options. However getting really busy is good for fasting, at least for me. The busier my brain is the less concern I have about eating.

There are lots of opportunities for programmers these days, even old ones. While my degree is in Electrical Engineering, I rarely get asked about it. 😀

Anyway if you think about just replacing income on your own, it is kind of a hard problem. Sometime ago I got the idea in my head that if I even had like 10 minimum wage workers giving me their paychecks I would have a good income. Well I’m not going to take money from people, but if one breaks down the problem, building little revenue streams isn’t as hard as building a big one. So I have a couple now. One came from a DRIP I started over a decade ago. Another one is from come code I wrote. So now I’m working on a third. I’ve gone broke a few times reaching for the brass ring, so now I’m just building things that are within my reach.

Social Security will make up another worker in time and savings could be a couple more, so I’m already 1/2 there!

Day 6, Newcastle UK, NFD

Yesterday’s fast was not as good as planned. I accepted a delicious homemade mince pie from my 92 year old friend during our coffee visit. Given no mince pies will cross my doorstep, I appreciated it all the more. Probably ended up around 800 cals as I had cauliflower cheese, broccoli and sprouts for dinner followed by a couple of apples plus several cups of tea and coffee throughout the day. However, I still feel like I have achieved two B2B FDs for the first time in eons – and the scales have rewarded me this morning.

February 2017 starting weight: 147.1 lbs
    December – this morning: 135.5lbs

My goal was always 133lbs and I was so near back in July at 133.3lbs then complacency set in and I have bobbed up and down for the last 5 months. I do have a new overall goal of 130lbs which I plan to achieve before our cruise late January.

What I like about having written this down is reminding myself of how far I have come (I know it doesn’t seem like a lot to some – but for me it is). I am absolutely DETERMINED not to start the coming new year back where I started last new year.

@cornish-jane – the food science boffins have a lot to answer for. Many are now admitting giving us bad advice for the last 20 to 30 years. My last slimming group always said keep fats, nuts, cheese to a minimum and fill up on carbs like baked potatoes (which spike insulin). How wrong they were. No wonder it was not sustainable. A small handful of nuts once or twice a day is a fantastic source of good fats and necessary minerals and vitamins as well as satisfying hunger pangs.
    Welcome @rosettafaery – never too late to join this party 🙂
    @michelinme – stay strong as you deal with your various challenges. Best wishes for your Mum’s recovery.
    @bigviking – it occurred to me a couple of months ago (I remember posting) saying that I think (well for me anyway) maintenance will be no different to the rest of the journey. Nothing much will change – I will still have to fast weekly to maintain both weight goal and health benefits. Unless I miraculously fall below my goal, it will be 5:2 as normal for me. You’re early days in maintenance and will find your own pattern soon. You may find some weeks you can get away with one FD and some you need 3. The important thing for all of us is that we don’t think that once we achieve our ideal weight that we can go back to how we were. This is not a diet it is a different Way of Life – we have to change mindset and habits for good. Sorry – end of lecture x
    @mjrbcd44 – I look forward to hearing your opinion on your air fryer in due course. Right now I don’t have any new gadgets in mind.
    @awilson – The beauty of this WOL is that you can indulge on certain occasions and balance it out back at home with FDs. If we ever get into minds that anything is banned forever (unless harmful to health of course) it is surely going to be the thing that dominates our thoughts. However, the following quote from Pininterest may help when you’re making food choices.

“Junk food you’ve craved for an hour or the body you’ve craved for a lifetime. Your decision”.

Sorry for the laborious post today. Really need to get dressed now and do my morning exercise routine while there is still some morning left!!

Day 6 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD.
    Looking forward to Christmas with all that rich food and extra calories.
    I read an article saying the average person consumes 5200 calories on Christmas Day.🐖 I must be well above average lol

Norway, Day 6, NFD

Thanks guys for the welcoming back.
    The first FD in a long while went fine-ish I think. A new one tomorrow, looking forward to it. Yoga Monday and today this week, it feels sooo good, AND I get sweaty and sore muscles after 🙂 I love it!

We have secret santa at my work, and my santa keeps giving me chocolate. So there is one bit every day…but as long as I stick to that one 15 g bit I think it will be fine. But not on FDs obviously, then I will save it for the next day 🙂

Best wishes to everyone!

Day 6, NFD, US

Well I surprised myself! The 2nd FD in a row was much easier than the first. Not only did I not feel hungry, I even found the thought of food slightly offputting! (Sorry for the double negatives.) I was also down 2 kilos since Sunday which I know is a complete deceptive technique by my scales; why I jumped on them I don’t know. But even though I know it wasn’t a real 2 kg loss over 3 days, it was still a nice ego boost. Might have to change my routine to Mon/Tue B2B from now on! With my old Thursday FD thrown in occasionally for old time’s sake.

How was your birthday bash @miraclelou?

And nice to see you on this forum @rosettafaery!

I love fizzy water (tho I call it bubble water). If you find it too bland, @mjrbcd44, perhaps add just a dash of natural fruit juice for some flavour.

Ah, @lilymartin. Been there, done that, but loved your phrase of doing “fooditory penance!”

Good luck finding your new maintenance rhythm @bigviking. Cross fingers what works for you is not completely going dry!

Day 6 – USA – FD

So glad today is a FD!! No food decisions to make until much later today, when I will eat a 500 calorie dinner.

@quebecoise, I too came back from the theater last night and ate everything in sight (well, you know what I mean). Then I reminded myself that I was tired and went to bed. If only I had done that 20 minutes earlier.

Up to that point, my NFD went fairly well and I met my activity goals.

Today, weight is up just a bit, goals are to complete a successful FD and log 5 miles on the bike and 20 minutes of strength training.

I hope to read posts in more detail – the sheer number is a little intimidating right now – so I can respond more individually to posters. Know that you are each a source of motivation and that I value you all.

Good luck to everyone today. Take care, Markie

2nd post

I’ve just seen the awful news about fires again in California. Prayers for all affected. @califdreamer – I saw you mentioned them but hadn’t heard anything here. Are you OK? xx

Day 5 North Wales NFD

Day 6 USA (Illinois) – FD

Happy to get on my own home scale this morning and see my weight remained constant my whole Thanksgiving trip to daughter’s in Utah. Travel day was uneventful, just how I like it. Going to do a FD today as part of my 6:1 maintenance.

I have my annual physical next week and hope to get good comments from my doctor on my maintenance. But really, I am just happy all on my own being able to keep the weight off for a whole year. Silver Sneakers exercise class is this morning.

Onward and downward.

My first post – just learned about this from a friend, and I’m giving it a try. Did you all order the books, or is the program all online? Thanks.

Day 6 – USA – FD

**DAY 6 POCKET LIST***

@daffodil2010
    @aprilsunshine
    @metatauta

Update – I now have a reasonable position in the new org for my company. At least that is something. However, I’m still going to keep building my “minimum wage” workers … “mini workers”. Really just things giving me little streams of revenue.

Sorry for so much non-fasting related discussion. Well maybe sort of related since work tends to make a lot of people fat.

Day 6, Cornwall UK, NFD

@bigviking – thanks for the link about aged cheese. Replicates what @strawberriesandcream mentioned about the misinformation dished out to overweight people in the last 20 years.

I’m impressed with your weight loss and interested in your maintenance struggles – as I need to learn how to keep the weight off, otherwise what is the point of losing it!

Day 6, South Wales, NFD

Totally sabotaged yesterday’s FD with an evening out and too much wine….sigh. Why do I do it?! Back on the wagon today…

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.