Dazed and confused…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wipam 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Loved the Horizon program so bought the book. I want to get this right!!

So the promise is ten minutes a day for three days of the week. But when I read the book this is not what they recommend.

Apparently there is Fast Exercise, but then they talk about Fast Fitness and this is different from Fast Strength. One is not a substitute for the other. So, Fast Exercise = Fast Fitness(Heart and lung exercises) + Fast Strength (Muscle building / Toning). But I could be wrong. Jumping Jacks are introduced as Fast Strength, but in the summary at the end are listed under Fast Fitness. FastWalking is not described as either Fast Fitness or Fast Strength, but it’s in the workouts which I think are all Fast Fitness. Confusing.

Reading pages 82-83 it is clear that they recommend starting exercising at three days a week, with the goal of working up to 5-6 days a week; each exercise day being either Fitness or Strength. I suppose you could combine Fitness and Strength on your exercise days (though I missed any guidance on this), but then it would be around twenty minutes a day. Which is fairly close to the American Heart Association’s recommendations “At least 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity at least 3 days per week for a total of 75 minutes; or a combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic activity”

Add in the NEAT stuff and you are at it all day 🙂

…..I feel a little cheated by the promise on the book cover, but whatever, gota exercise and these will do.

Doing the Fastwalking and assorted FastStrength three times a week. Blood tests in January.

Hi Retep,

I agree with you that the Fast Exercise book is confusing and could have been structured better. It is from the start all about the health benefits of High Intensity training, and that goes well with the word FAST and Michael’s statements that important benefits can be achieved in little time… but then all of a sudden the muscle building comes in. I even reread the book to see if I missed the link between the health benefits and muscle building, and could not find it.

Of course, we can think for ourselves and derive that the authors implicitly state that we should not focus on one type of exercise only but should always strive for balance… and I agree with you that the fast exercise is then balanced out with slow exercise and becomes, well, average exercise.

Your approach seems quite good to me. Hope your blood tests went well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.