Consecutive or Non-consecutive

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NigelWaring 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• What difference does it make whether your calorie reduction days are Consecutive or Non-consecutive? We will be using Consecutive days because it suits our lifestyle.

We are not interested in losing weight, my problem is the opposite, I need to maintain my weight to avoid another problem. Just want to control our IGF-1 so that it will help my Wife’s Cholesterol and my Big C tumor.

Which method is likely to get the IGF-1 to the optimum amount for our target? Has anyone been on both methods, each for long enough, to be able to do a reasonable comparison.

Is there any science supporting one or the other?

Dr. Joel Furhman recommends consecutive days. The studies he quotes in his 1995 book says that you have to do a minimum 3 days consecutively to get benefits. However, I am hoping that newer research will show that IF is just as beneficial. I highly recommend his book. It is very science-based and very, very compelling.

Also, he says by the second day it’s much easier and the hunger goes away and energy skyrockets. I haven’t had the courage to try that yet.

Good luck!

Thanks Melinda, I think I’ve found the book, is it “Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor’s Program for Conquering Disease”.

Today is my first day of the 5:2 diet and I’ll be on the reduced calories for two days. It is now 2½ hours after my normal breakfast time and I do not feel at all hungry, we both expect to have our first meal in about three hours.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.