Consecutive Days – how many hours

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi,
    I was wondering if you wanted to fast 2 consecutive days, is that 1,000 calories?

Also if i fasted from Monday ngt 8pm to Wednesday ngt 8pm – is that my 2 days covered or do i have to fast until Thursday morn 8am?

Katie:

Thursday morning.

The way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 500 or fewer calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week. On all 7 days of the week you can eat foods you want to eat – there are no forbidden foods, or foods you have to eat. For the first month or so focus on doing your diet days correctly (500 calories or less) and most everything else will fall into place.

Here is what TDEE means: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

And here are some tips for beginners: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

I hadn’t realised that the official 5:2 methods was two separate fast days. I’ve been doing the two together and i think for the moment i will continue doing that. Unless someone tells me why its better to do separate days.

But to the OP, if you are doing to do it for 2 consecutive days like me, then you would surely wait until the morning after the fast to start eating .

I’m wondering if there is an easier way to explain 5:2 on consecutive days, because obviously, unless you’re a fan of Orwell, 36 hours is not equal to 1 day, and 60 hours is not equal to 2 days.

For folks who wanted to do the fast consecutively, all together, it seems the simple explanation is that they can only eat 1,000 or 1,200 calories (female vs. male) during any 60 hour period during the week — that’s two and a half days of low-calorie ‘fasting’.

So, the 5:2 is really a 4.5:2.5.

Hmmmm…

Shmooth don’t make it more complicated than necessary.

I never had any trouble knowing what one fast day meant even if i didn’t count the hours. My only mistake was to think that two days were supposed to be done b2b but even that’s isn’t incorrect.

Do it whatever way you want to do it. Eat 800 calories on a fast day if you want. Eat 200. Fast for six hours or fast for 36. All that really counts is that you lose weight.

It doesn’t matter if you fast B2B or on non consecutive days. Michael said in the book that he found it easier not to fast B2B. I started off doing that but I’ve also done B2B. It is what suits the individual that matters, and as Pattience says, if you are losing weight then it’s fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.