Confusion Carbs or not?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have been reading the book and it seems to be saying that on restricted days I should reduce carbs. There is no real mention of calories. I am carrying on and it is working although some of the mealtimes are a bit repetitive on the restricted days. On this forum there doesn’t seem to be any mention of reducing carbs, rather 500 / 600 calories for the 2 days.

Can someone help? and is there a good USEABLE weeks menu available anywhere?

There are no rules, the concept will work whether you reduce carbs or you don’t, it really doesn’t matter. Lots of people are mixing 5:2 with other ‘healthy living’ ideas, like reducing carbs or are using old Weight Watchers recipes etc. for their fastdays but as I say, it doesn’t matter what you do as long as it’s 500/600 calories (or your personal TDEE equivalent).

Personally, my fastdays are incredibly repetative these days (big bowl of bran flakes, cuppa & a piece of fruit). After many months of mixing & matching 2 small snack meals & then experimenting with different Weight Watchers recipes for 1 500 calorie meal. I eventually decided to save something I missed from ‘normal’ days (I had stopped bothering with breakfast fairly quickly on 5:2 as I was never hungry in the mornings anymore, even on non-fastdays) for my fast meal. Now I look forward to my bran flakes all day, as I only get to have them twice a week.

Do what works for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.