COFFEE!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sonamkundles 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• For everyone out there who ‘loves’ having coffee and cannot (will not) give it up, or aren’t fond of having it black, I have found on the supermarket shelf, coffee which perks up my fasting day and one which I don’t have to drink with milk (although it is nice either way). It’s called Beanies; they do around 24 flavours, I particularly like Amaretto Almond after my fast meal as I feel as though it’s naughty though only 2 cals. There is a chocolate flavour for those who miss chocolate and I also have a liking to the vanilla. They aren’t cheap (around £2.50 for a 50g jar) but saved as a fast day treat and not taken every day, they won’t break the bank.
    http://www.beaniesflavourco.com

Yuk – hate coffee & green/ herbal tea & unfortunately must have 2 sugars & milk in regular tea, so just water for Tracy. Now if you could find me a nice 2cal hot chocolate drink, that would be fab – thanks ;P

TracyJ, there’s a delicous low-fat chocolate powder available in the UK, called ‘Options Indulgence’. I use it to make low-cal brownies, using oatbran. They make for a tasty and and light treat. 😉

The packets of powder are 60 calories (for ‘Chocolate Brownie’ flavour) and 38 calories for ‘Outrageous Orange’ flavour.

Hi Donna – yeah I know about Options that was my mum’s idea of a chocolate treat when I was a teenager (we were always on some diet or other at the time). I probably haven’t bothered with them since because of those hard-done-by teenie connotations but maybe it’s time to forgive 😉

Just in: caffeinated wear doesn’t zap fat.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57611608-1/women-sue-caffeinated-underwear-doesnt-zap-fat/?part=pulse&subj=latest-news&tag=title&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Somehow, I knew that at some level.

Yet, people still love their coffee.

I drink coffee in the morning and its part of my breakfast. I also drink tea every night before going to bed. Chamomile tea is my favorite night tea it relaxes my stomach and helps me to fall asleep early. Sometime I drink green tea with lemon and my favorite tea is from Twinings.

Kgb48, I’m going to have to find a Sainsbury’s near me; love flavoured coffees, have had a heck of a time finding them in the UK (usually have to rely on the kindness of friends & family in the States to mail some over to me) 🙂

Hi
    Would you be able to share your receipe for the light brownies?
    Thanks

So what’s wrong with coffee, anyway? These days the only things i hear about coffee are good things. So i don’t see that its the problem we used to think it was. Unless you drink far too much of it.

I wasn’t going to drink it on my fast days at all but then i found had some spare calories and indulged. No drama. And I even had a glass of wine in the evening still within my calorie limit. (That’s how effective my lunch was at keeping hunger away though i might have sacrificed some nutrition.)

So the next day i had coffee at breakfast. And then just waited till my appetite kicked in around lunch time for lunch. I had coffee again in the evening but this time i had soup instead of wine.

For chocolate: i don’t know if this nice enough for you but i’d have a quality cocoa powder, milk and small amount of sugar. I don’t think it would come any lower calorie than that and still be nice.

Rockyromero! What a waste of good coffee to wear it rather than drink it! And it doesn’t work anyway? I know they put caffeine in shampoo to stimulate hair growth. I’ve heard it works but only while it’s being used regularly.

KGB48! I take my coffee with a splash of semi-skimmed milk. My favourite is Sainsburys Italian style made in a press. My day would be sad without it.

lpb

yuk – hate coffee & green/ herbal tea & unfortunately must have 2 sugars & milk in regular tea, so just water for Tracy. Now if you could find me a nice 2cal hot chocolate drink, that would be fab – thanks ;P

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.