Coconut Oil Fuels Your Metabolism!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Coconut Oil Fuels Your Metabolism!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Frenske 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Researchers have discovered that in cultures where unrefined coconut oil is a part of the everyday diet, there is less obesity and less lifestyle-related disease.

• Secret ingredient in coconut oil that burns fat quickly to fuel the body!

• Coconut oil makes you feel fuller longer and reduces food cravings!

• A “heart friendly oils” decreasing your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

• One TS of coconut oil a day helped a group of women decrease BMI (body mass index) and waist circumference!

Thank you for sharing! I’ve used Coconut oil in my hair for years cause it does wonders there when left in as a conditioner for 20 minutes or so. I knew it was really good for you too. Unfortunately I hate the taste of it. Might have to give it a try again with some new recipes!

I found a product called paleo wraps.
    it has only two ingedients.
    Coconut and tumeric.

it’s like a sheet of paper that i can wrap food in. Similar to what tortilla wrap does.

Adding coconut oil to a smoothie along with fat free greek yoghurt, berries and spinach would be an option. You don’t taste it orthe spinach

You’ll also need to add some coconut milk to this.

Hi Babydollangel could you give citations for the research you have posted about, please?
    Thanks

I’m highly dubious about this. Coconut oil is highly calorific and high in saturated fat. Doesn’t make sense that it would assist with weight loss. I’d be skeptical that the researchers have established a causal relationship between consumption of coconut oil and decreased weight.

Hi Nessa and welcome:

There are a couple of things going on here – mixed metaphors sort of.

I am not aware of any foods that change a person’s ‘metabolism’ (BMR). BMR is pretty well set by person and does not change much unless impacted by drugs or hormones. A lot of exercise does not even budge it.

However, the body does process different kinds of foods differently. The easiest way to explain it is to think about ‘quick acting’ v. ‘timed release’. Carbs are quick acting and fat/protein is timed release.

What has been shown is that if you eat a lot of carbs (all carbs are sugars), especially processed carbs (closer to ‘pure’ sugar), you quickly spike your blood sugar, the body quickly gets rid of it and deposits it as glycogen or fat, and you are hungry again. The net result over time is you gain weight, among other things.

If you eat fat, it is digested slowly, provides a more level, constant supply of blood sugar, and you are not hungry until it is all gone – all over a time period that is much, much longer than it takes the body to process carbs.

The net result is that even though you have eaten ‘high calorie’ fat instead of ‘lower calorie’ carbs, over time you eat fewer calories and don’t gain as much weight, if any, by eating fat.

You see this illustrated quite often with 5:2. Those that are used to eating carbs and do so on their diet days often complain that once they eat their high carb breakfast, they are soon hungry again. They talk about how often they can eat on their diet days so they are not hungry. In fact, most high carb diets require people to eat six or more times a day because if they don’t they are constantly hungry. The carbs are being quickly processed and the body then demands more food.

On the other hand, many people more experienced with 5:2 end up eating one high fat/protein meal a day in the evening (or don’t eat anything on their diet days). Even beginners are often surprised to find out that when they wake up after a diet day they are not hungry. This is because if you don’t eat, your body is eating its fat and you are not hungry, or if you eat a high fat/protein meal, it digests very slowly and the body does not get hungry because it is being constantly fed by the slowly digesting fats/proteins in the meal.

The net result is if you eat a high fat diet, you actually eat fewer calories than if you eat a high carb diet, and you either don’t gain, or lose weight by eating high fat meals (as millions of Atkins type dieters can attest). You don’t lose weight on a high fat diet by magic or because the fat increases your metabolism, you lose it because your body is always satisfied, not hungry, and so you don’t eat many calories. As counter intuitive as it sounds, a high fat diet really is a low calorie diet, which is why it works so well.

I am often interested in people that are against eating fat because it is bad for them but are on a diet to lose fat. They way they lose fat is by ‘eating’ it, and if the body is injured by eating fat, you most certainly would not want to go on a diet to force the body to do just that!

Anyway, here is some information on coconut oil and fats in general in a speech by a medical professor to other doctors. The professor used to be the head of the cardiology unit of one of largest medical centers in the U.S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe9z32NZHY

Here is a speech that includes research on nutritional fat through about 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe9z32NZHY

Good Luck!

@Dana_Johnson – I hate the taste of coconut oil as well. There are organic refined coconut oils that have no coconut taste. I use it for all my frying and cooking.

Modern medical science is now confirming the use of coconut in treating many of the above conditions. Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one form or another, may provide a wide range of health benefits. Some of these are summarized below:
    Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.
    Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
    Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
    Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
    Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
    Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
    Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
    Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
    Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
    Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis.
    Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
    Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis…
    Helps control dandruff.
    Does not form harmful by-products when heated to normal cooking temperature like other vegetable oils do.
    Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
    Is completely non-toxic to humans.

Hello again

Re your post above babydollangel, these are big claims, especially:

“Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.”

On 28 Jan, responded to your original post on this thread but you did not reply to my question. So I ask again: could you provide references for the published, peer-reviewed studies for your assertions.

I have a completely open mind on this, I am not ‘pro’ or ‘anti’ any particular food group or diet approach. However, the scientific method is all we have to test any hypothesis; and I am ‘pro’ that it be relied on in forums such as this.

I hope you will be able to give the data I request.

Coconut oil is thermogenic, so it helps you get rid of more energy, i.e. burning calories. Herbs and spices also have a similar article. Read our article for information on the best foods you can eat to help you lose weight and burn fat: http://www.healthsomeness.com/weight-loss-foods/

Coconut oil can cause a temporary increase in metabolism, but it contains almost twice as much saturated fat as butter, and is expensive in comparison.
    I would rather walk for an extra 10 minutes, or eat a few less calories.

Coconut oil is theremogenic??? Your own website says you increase your energy comsumption by 120 kcal a day by eating 1-2 table spoons of coconut oil. 1 table spoon of oil is already 120 kcal so when you take 2 you are already taking more calories than you will spend.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.