Chia

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rocy65 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi y’all I’m just starting out on this programme and I’ve looked (a man look) for anyone using chia seeds as their fast meal but can’t find anything. Has anyone tried these in water? They form a gel, really filling and I believe approx 140 cals for 2 tablespoons.

lazza58

welcome & hi
    u may call me usa

u may want 2 c this link

everything a newbie might want 2 c, use & read

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/everything-a-newbie-might-want-2-c-use-read/

i only have 500 4 fastday

however, interested in a menu from u

gel like? how 2 eat them prepare them?

Chia seeds 1 cup is Total Calories: 1102 cals

mayb on nonfastdays?

keep us posted
    wish u success

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀

Hi, lazza58. I have dabbled with Chia. NB – not on the 5:2, which I began only this week.

The research results are conflicting but as the nutrition of Chia is so good I reckon it cannot hurt to incorporate it into my diet. I have tried adding a couple of tablespoons to a litre of water and drinking the resulting gel throughout the day to keep hunger pangs down and hydration levels up. I also add a quantity to the home-made Granola that I make for my breakfast cereal. I add some to bread dough to boost the loaf’s nutrition and add it to soups for soup-only meals to help keep us full. There are myriad ways to use it.

Chia pudding is great and there are a huge variety of recipes to try. I favour one with cocoa and coconut milk. Try Pinterest for recipes – there’s a huge level of interest in Chia amongst Pinterest users. 🙂

I’m not sure I would want a chia-based meal for my 500 calories but would certainly top up a meal to my calorie limit with a few seeds if I had calories to spare, if only for the protein and anti-oxidants.

wiltldnrUSA – it is extremely difficult for me to follow your post but I surmise that you are enquiring about Chia and how it is prepared?

Chia is a seed from the wild Salvia plant. Wikipedia has a good page about it.

High in protein, low in carbs, rich in Omegas, minerals and other trace elements – there are many nutritional claims, not all of which have been substantiated by scientific research. Wonderfood or not, they do appear to offer significant nutritional benefits, although they come with a calorie load of about 200 for the suggested daily intake – a lot if you only have 500 to go at.

Your note on the cals in a cupful is misleading – these are small seeds and therefore pack densely – you simply would not consume them in anything like that quantity.

You can scatter the seeds over foods such as cereals and salads. They absorb liquid, swelling and developing a gel-like coating (think mini-tapioca balls!) By soaking the seeds in liquid and waiting, a gel-like substance is obtained and can be used to replace eggs in baking or to make a yummy dessert.

Hope this helps

1 tablespoon of chia seeds have 70 cals. Full of goodness so worth including in your diet. these in a glass of water fills me up! Also soak 1 tblsn with oats and oat milk for a yummy breakfast.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.