Caribbean & Africans on the Fast Diet?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Caribbean & Africans on the Fast Diet?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hey everyone, I am from a caribbean background and wanted to find like minded people who are on the same fast diet journey. Most of our social events, family gatherings etc revolve around and FOOD FOOD FOOD!!! and was wondering how others stick to their healthy 5:2 plan. I want make a lifestyle change without having to completely avoid the food I’ve grown up with and love. Maybe we could share ideas, stories and recipes as well as give each other support. Hope to hear from others ☺

Hi MissJ and welcome:

There is nothing ‘unhealthy’ about Caribbean or African foods (I love them and eat them often) and you do not need to change your diet when you start 5:2. 5:2 is calorie based, not food type based, so just stick to the calorie guidelines of 500 or less on two diet days a week and TDEE or less on the other five and you will do fine.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I just don’t do any social events on a Monday or Thursday. I tell people I have other things planned for those days but free any other days!!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.