Carbohydrates

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pot-bellied Heron 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, I’ve been on the 5:2 fast diet for coming up to 3 weeks plus I do the fast exercise 3 times a week. In the first 3 weeks I’ve lost 1 stone 1 lb and 1.1/2″ off my waist so I have no complaints with the programs however I don’t enjoy the recipes particularly breakfast and prefer to use the ingredients from the list of Fast diet ingredients in the book.
    One thing I’m not sure of is whether this diet is meant to be carb free on fast days and if having something with medium to low carbs is detrimental to the diet. For instance I like Bran flakes and use the brand with low sugar which is 144 calories and 32.4 carbs for 40 gram portion.

Anyone got any views?
    Regards
    Bruce

Bruce, I have not read the book/recipes but if you’re anything like me, eating carbs on a very lo cal day will make you far hungrier. The simple natural sugars in bran flakes spike my blood sugar fast and make me ravenous.

Hi,

Well done on your loss so far.

You can eat whatever you want on FDs if you stick to the calories specified. Having said that, many believe that processed carbs are not a good idea and some don’t eat any carbs on FDs.

I have no idea what any of the recipes specify as I’ve always done my own thing and lost 68lbs so far which means I’m doing something right!

One of the best things about 5:2 is that we can adapt it to what suits the individual so doing whatever is good for you is the way to go.

Good luck.

On the FAQs on this site, Mosely states this about FD foods —

The Fast Diet book contains lots of recipes, the Fast Diet Recipe book has even more. The basic principle is to eat foods that are high in protein and fibre, as these are the most satiating. That means fish, meat, vegetables.

Eat what you like. I love carbs and consequently eat tonnes of them. If you like bread and potatoes eat them. This is a fasting diet not any other sort of diet.
    You’ll still lose weight so what’s the harm?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.