can you eat bread on fast day?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
can you eat bread on fast day?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• hi eveyone im on my 5 week and very happy with 4.3 diet plan.
    2 questions, can you eat bread on your fast day ?
    and is there difference in weight loss doing the 4.3 and 5.2 ,, can you please tell your experience and is it worth sticking to 4.3.

im very active go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, bodyshape, spinning, erobics.
    ive lost 4.4 kg..last week i didnt loose any so i was wondering shall i just try 5.2 .. love to hear what you have to say. x

You can eat whatever you like on a fastday as long as it’s within the calorie allowance. It doesn’t matter, you’ll still see a benefit, it’s just probably best to avoid things that aren’t going to satisfy your hunger for long.

I saw a few postings a while ago asking about the potential extra benefit of doing 4:3 vs 5:2. Seemed from a lot of the chatter on there that it didn’t really make any difference to the speed at which you lose weight (if that’s what you were after).

Hi Tina, I only started IF today (well yesterday but that was enforced due to a sickness bug)but am interested in how you find doing exercise on the diet, I like to keep quite active and was hoping that the two combined would lead to an increased loss over the 1LB average.
    do you find that tyou just eat more on your non-fast days to maintain energy and also do you exercise on your fast days?

Hi timblue. There is one day that Falls on my fast day that I exercise.. and I’m not hungry as I don’t eat nothing on my fast day until 7’30pm. I’m not sure if I have lost more due to gym. But it has slowed down alot since last week where I lost nothing. I have downloaded myfitnesspal where I record my daily intake of food.. on non fast days I stick to 1200 calories. It doable. Since your starting out you will loose about 1kg a week give or take.. after 5 weeks it goes down to 500 gr. But keep me posted on your progress..good luck

I have lost 68 pounds in 9 months on this plan, the 5-2, and I have eaten everything. I eat whole wheat bread and brown rice and sometimes biscuits, but all within my calorie limit. I think this is the magic of this plan that you can eat anything as long it is within the allotted calorie limits. It doesn’t leave you with a sense of deprivation and therein lies its strength.

Within the 25% TDEE limits on fast days nothing is “forbidden” though it is certainly suggested that higher protein meals on FD are likely to leave you feeling fuller longer.

I am going back to zero calorie fast days as of March 1st. The experiment of strict adherence to 5:2 for the month of Feb is nearly over.

Personally I’m trying to cut my intake of any breads, pastas, (flour in general) to a bare minimum. Most starch / highcarb foods, I’ll never be without bread I like pizza too much for that, and rice however I now use lettuce as wraps for tuna salad, hamburger etc. Actually like it a lot better than breads.

You can eat anything you like but I suspect you would make life a lot easier for yourself by eliminating carbs like sugar and bread (and rice) on your fast days. Especially if you are insulin resistant, carbs will spike your insulin levels. Your more likely to feel hungry sooner when eating carbs compared to protein and fats.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.