Can I eat normally after a 3 day water fast?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
Can I eat normally after a 3 day water fast?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dead man walking 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m just wondering I broke my fast off tonight with some fruit and tommorow I plan to eat normally again including meat vegetables etc? Is this okay? I will try to limit my carbs sugar and portions but is it okay to eat meat etc???

Hi Holly,

I haven’t completed a 3 day fast…voluntarily…yet, so I can’t speak from experience. The following website talks about the order of reintroduction of various food groups, and seems to answer your question.

http://www.allaboutfasting.com/breaking-a-fast.html

Take it easy. A small amount of meat should be fine after 3 days, but listen to your body & keep your portions small. Try to get in some fermented foods- like sourkraut or kombucha or yogurt, etc to rebuild your healthy gut bacteria. Go for some raw veggies, like a salad. Be careful to not over eat. Congrats on your 3 day fast!

Hi,

If i was you. Il be planning on having soup with bread. For the first meal. Dont over do it first day breaking the fast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.