Can Cheating on Your Diet this Holiday Season Help You Lose Weight?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Can Cheating on Your Diet this Holiday Season Help You Lose Weight?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• “Recent studies show you can lose 10 to 30 pounds in eight weeks through alternate-day fasting,” she says. “Every other day, dieters in the study ate only lunch – no breakfast or dinner – between noon and 2 p.m. The following day, they could eat whatever they wanted. Not only did they not ‘gorge’ as expected on the feed days, most had an easier time sticking with it.”

more here

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/24225875/article-Dieting-During-the-Holidays?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

cool….thanks

lol

Just an observation here….

The term ‘cheating’ in relation to diets puzzles me.

The only person you are cheating; and the only person who will suffer (i.e. not lose weight) or who will feel guilty is yourself. So why bother hiding that cake or whatever?

If you want to eat, just eat it! If you put on weight…. don’t blame 5:2, you’ll know the reason.

Just saying…..

Thanks wiltldnrUSA, this helps with my motivation to get back on track after my Christmas binge-fest. Keep posting!

Sylvestra, while the word cheating might be not exactly the right term, ADF has some great benefits over 5:2 and that is that you do not have to watch your intake on non fast days. You can literally eat what you want and how much you like.

As I have said before my problem is not the fast day but the non fast day. I have cut down on sweets a lot, but I do not want to cut out sugar completely.

When I first read about 5:2 it all sounded so easy, but the fact remains at least for me that on non-fast days I do have to count calories to make sure to stay within my TDE as my TDE is not exactly high with 1700 cal.

I like to have my ice cream and a biscuit here and there and perhaps a Marsbar from time to time and as we all know this very quickly adds up calories. If I can’t have my treats then 5:2 becomes just another form off diet where I constantly have to watch what I’m eating.

So for me to do ADF from time to time allows me a bit more freedom.
    Stef.

So Stef….what is the point of calling it cheating. That’s the bit I don’t get. I’ve seen this on other forums too and, sorry, but it doesn’t make any sense to me. It was the terminology I was questioning not whether or not someone wants to eat ice cream and mars bars. If you are eating those on your non fast ADF days when you can ‘eat what you want and how much you like’ …why is it ‘cheating’ if it doesn’t make you feel guilty. (and why should it)

I have a TDEE of 1600 cals and if I want ice cream or sausage rolls or whatever I just fit it in on my non fast days.

Anyways, we all have to do what works best for us whether it’s ADF; 5:2; 4:3 or even if someone wants to use all of their TDEE on pizzas and chocolate on non fast days. There is no ‘one size fits all’, . 😀

Enjoy your ice cream!!! 😀 😀

whiterabbit

so what is ur lifestyle now?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.