Calling all rugby fans

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Calling all rugby fans

This topic contains 183 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Expat 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 184 total)

• The Rugby World Cup starts tomorrow so a someone suggested we start a rugby thread.

Introduce yourself and tell us which team you are supporting.

I am from Ireland but live in London. I will be cheering for the “Brave Boys in Green” who will hopefully top their group and set us to reach the semifinals!

Enjoy the tournament and may the best “Green” team win ?

I’ll join you, J.

Go the ABs !! But with an Irish grandmother I will support the lads in green when there is no black on the field 🙂

FITZY: Well done my lovely, looks like you are in charge of this group.

BARATA: Where abouts in Wellington do you live??? I’m in Tawa.

AB’s all the way for me, as I’ve told others in another group, I support NZ and anyone else who plays Ozzie or the Poms. Would love to see Fiji kick some Pommie bum first game up, that would really set up that group as the first game of the RWC. So exciting now it’s only a couple of days away, there will be a few bleary eyes over the next few weeks, so glad I work from home with my 60″ tv in my Office 🙂 .

The gloves are off?

You know where I am, AH – just up the road! 🙂

I do now, didnt know the handle though 🙂

Count me in. Supporting Ireland, living in the midlands

BARATA were you torn between two lovers for the Autumn Internationals back in 2013? What a match?

AH I love your priorities when it comes to office accessories.

Life is what you make it, so I’ll watch it on my 32″ but thank my lucky stars that I have pause and rewind features on the remote control. Essential items when you have other family members who just don’t get the whole do not disturb thing. Nothing worse than being interrupted at crucial moments to be asked something ridiculous, like what time is dinner? ?

Sorry all! But it’s got to be Wales 🙂

Well it looks like the ABs have the numbers in terms of supporters, followed by countries with Kiwi coaches (Ireland and Wales). Sorry HappyNow, but your poor boys seem to be riddled with injury so I think they have an uphill battle. We’ll all be pleased once it gets started anyway – not long now.

No contest when the ABs are playing, Nirvana. But at least the kiwi coaches are going to have a good workout.

Wales, Happy? Sorry 🙁

My secret is out, AH. 🙂

I will be cheering for Fiji on Saturday morning (our time) – must support the boys from the neighbourhood. Now back to encourage Wellington.

England for me.

But I’ll be supporting all of the home nations, I think Ireland has a good chance!

Excellent and anticipate a lot of posts on here over the next 6 weeks! Let’s see if we can get some Scots, Aussies and South Africans on the thread 🙂

Hi
    Ireland for me – fingers crossed – nervous anticipation!

Great news Coda – by the way where you are from? 🙂

Gosh I need spell check!! I meant to say “where are you from?” !!!

Gosh am I the only Wallabies supporter?? No wonder, we can’t win a trick. But I will be supporting them as I think we are all crazy down here.

Otherwise, I’ll be supporting the All Blacks.

Personally, I think the French have a fearsome pack…they’ll be ones to watch. Having said that, you can never discount the Yarpies.

It’s gonna be a great World Cup. Except for Australia 🙁

EXPAT: Don’t write off your lot, if they can pull another one out like last time in Sudney then you can beat anyone. The main task for Ozzie is to win their pool thereby avoiding the Yarpies in the quarters (The Yarpies should win theirs without too much problem) See you in the Semis maybe…

Hi Expat I agree with AH never write of the Wallabies! So exciting now listening to the build up as I write! Let battle commenced ?

I will be at my Rugby club tonight to watch England (my team) beat Fiji. The club is having a Currie night so it will be a little heated. The down side is that I am on an alcohol free month (have lost 12 lb along with 4 fast days this month) so sparkling water for me and a testing time to stay off the sauce.

England for me! (Although I live in Wales)

Good luck to all teams though. Let’s hope we see some great rugby.
    I’m fasting today but may have a little drinkie whilst the game is on.

Well done, England, on the first win – and that bonus point on full time. 🙂

I have just done a check on the coaches at this competition, and come up with seven being Kiwis:

Scotland Cotter
    Fiji McKee
    Wales Gatland
    Georgia Haig
    Ireland Schmidt
    Canada Crowley
    and of course, NZ Shag (Hansen)

Have I missed anyone? Over a third, impressive 🙂

England may have won… but Fiji were in England’s colours.. and England in Wales… I’ll take that as an portend 🙂

Noticed the red – Fiji always plays in white, though.

I’m not a passionate rugby supporter, but I have to support the Wallabies. 😉 Bay

nonsense Happy, Fiji simply won the toss, unless you are refering to the portend that England have started as they mean to go on. lol!

Harrice, is it just you and me for England? Im in Scotland, you in Wales? Dear me!

Hi Fitz I live in northern Ireland so will be supporting Ireland! Any comments on the first game – should the ref have disallowed the try after awarding it? Yes it was not a try when seen in the replay but he had given it as a try – I think he got it wrong.

How many minutes of no action, sitting watching endless replays, did we have to endure by that usless Ref from SA while he couldn’t call a lineout without looking at a replay before hand. Hope that doesn’t set the bench mark for every game, Jaco Peyper would be the most useless Ref going around at the moment, heaven help it if the AB’s get allocated a match with him officiating.

Having said that did I see that Mr Barnes from England is reffing the AB’s match against the Argies ???

Yes, and that Richie has officially forgiven him for previous outings 🙂

God help us, cos Barnes won’t! Not that we need his help, just a modicum of skill and fairness in refereeing will do.

Hi Coda he was a shocking ref. I know it wasn’t a try so why put his hand up and award it if he wasn’t sure! As AH says I hope this isn’t shades of things to come from other refs!

If in doubt he should not have awarded it until confirmed! As JW said what if the replay had not been shown until after conversion, will the media only play the replays they want? What if it had been an England try. He should have held his hand up in that he got it wrong but he had awarded it and it should have counted. Come on Ireland!

What a first half! Great start by Ireland!

Hi everyone, I’ve been so consumed with all the coverage, I haven’t been on here. I done something today that might be of interest to some of you.

In true support of my lovely boys in green (mmmm, Connor Murray!), I wore my size 12 jersey, even though I wasn’t going anywhere to watch the match! Anyway it was a bit snug, certainly wouldn’t have worn it if I went to a pub to watch it. That got me thinking, why don’t I take a photo of myself today, and the same again at the end of the world cup in six weeks time? I think that’s a good time frame to notice a difference.

What do ye think?

After today, I may have to support Japan!

Come on England Smiley

Just watching the replay of Japan v South Africa, 3.30am being a little early for me to watch live. Japan may be my new fave team, after the ABs, especially as I know they win this game!

Fell asleep watching England… glued to the TV watching Japan vs RSA! Pleased Japan won.

Wasn’t it a riveting game HAPPYNOW? I am soooo pleased for those guys, and sooo happy South Africa lost. Mind you, it might make them sharpen their game and become more dangerous – they’re still likely to be through to the next round so they probably aren’t too worried. Embarrassed more than anything else I’d say!

If this weekend is representative of things to come I will be exhausted by 31 October! I played every ball with Japan – what a win for them ?

Well our kiwi friends here is to a good game of rugby!

Oh dear maybe not the first half you were expecting?

Well AH your boys seem a bit rattled! ?

Watching the game now (recorded as a bit early to get up!) and our boys could be playing better I must admit. Argentina are not to be underestimated ever. OMG Barnes has just sent Richie on the walk of shame!

Well done to the ABs not totally convincing I have to say but having said that they will only get better like most reams will. Roll on next weekend! ?

The first game always the most nervous, a good win over a vastly improved team in the Argies, wasn’t Ritchie just superb !!! (tongue in cheek emote)

I was very impressed with the boys in Green in their game, albeit Canada isn’t the toughest team in that Pool however a good performance, the last game in that Pool will be a cracker to determine who wins and who comes second and probably plays the AB’s in the first QF.

It’s going to be a long day after being up at 4am, and it’s only the first week….

Hats off to you Action for getting up to watch live – we are recording and watching at a more civilised hour!! Richie may have deserved the walk of shame but I don’t think Conrad did. And poor Nehe had played such a good game til he fumbled that pass. He won’t forget that in a hurry. I’m sure Shag will be giving the boys a rark up and we’ll see a great improvement come Friday.

Good to see you putting a positive spin on it AH!!!

At least we don’t have to play the Japanese Milena like the Scottys do, everyone in your Pool will be reassessing their strategies after the Blossoms’ performance against the Yarpies, wasn’t it just amazing…

I watched the game live, too – not by choice, but I was awake at 2 am, then the cat was vomiting in the hall at 2.50, so that was it. 5.30 now, and I am astonished that I’m not a heap on the floor !!

Great game by Japan, indeed 🙂

Hi AH

Most likely Scotland wil they their usual game, some good rugby but only in patches. I suspect Japan will be too much for them. But my team is England, can’t see these two teams meeting.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply.