Calling all rugby fans

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Calling all rugby fans

This topic contains 183 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Expat 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 34 posts - 151 through 184 (of 184 total)

• My neighbours, both sides, are Welsh. It is very quiet tonight. I sympathise. I saw the first three quarters of the game on TV before I had to leave to drive home. Up to that point it was close but Wales were winning and looking good.

Commiserations to Wales. A good fight.
    Half time in the ABs v France! Exciting stuff so far. How was that haka? Brought tears to my eye, as is the great heart being shown by our boys.

I have a soft spot for the unpredictable, occasionally brilliant, rugby the French play and would have liked to see them do well. They didn’t. The way the All Blacks played tonight I don’t think anyone could have lived with them. We may just have seen the champions in action.

I have discovered a source of Speights in England. If that is what Kiwi beer does, I am going to try it.

🙁

Great performance by Argentina

Gutted for Scotland, so close but how could the tmo have got it so wrong. I have never seen a slap down with a palm upward! And that last decision? Why not check? It may not have changed outcome but we will never know. Great performance by Scotland! Not a good day for northern hemisphere teams.

Scotland played really well and were unlucky to get that many points and lose the match.
    Going to the TMO for every decison would be a nightmare and we have to accept that occasionally the referee will make the wrong decision as like the players and all of us armchair critics, he is only human.
    As for the yellow card, what was the player hoping for in sticking one hand out like that? I agree that it wasn’t deliberte but for those in the position of applying the letter of the law and making a decision, he stuck his hand out into the path of the ball, but a penalty would have sufficed.
    Ireland didn’t play well enough and Argentina were outstanding.
    So many have already given the trophy to the all Blacks but they’ve not played anyone who can test them yet.
    As an England fan, I’m disappointed as the team were abysmal, but it is nice to watch rugby from a neutral position and just enjoy the game.

Well done Wallabies. So worth losing hours of sleep for such a nailbiter!! PVE zzz

PVE: Wallabies very lucky to be there I think. The Scots will be feeling gutted just like the AB’s felt in ’07 when Barnes gave the French a free ride into the Semis by his crappy decisions. I’ve watched a few replays of that final penalty and it wasn’t an off side outcome, the ball came off an Aussie hand. There will be some dark moments in the Highlands today.

How about an AB’s & Argies Final after todays results ???

Don’t worry AH, I’m of Scottish ancestry and will be there for Xmas, but, mate, a win is a win….you don’t draw pictures on the score card! ?Cheers PVE

Commiserations Scotland. You were robbed in the dying moments.

I’m over the world cup now, roll on Six Nations!

My OH hasn’t watched it yet and wouldn’t let me tell him the result – he had a tricky job on the car, which had to come first, changing an exhaust when you are crying can be difficult- and there was always the possibility of tears – so we are just about to watch. Its such a pity he isn’t a drinker, cos judging from the result, he’ll be needing a stiff one.

HAPPY NOW: Don’t despair, with no Northern Hemisphere teams left you may as well pick another favorite and just watch for the enjoyment of the game, as long as Joubert doesn’t ref any further in the Competition there are still some mouth watering match ups to come.

Joubert may be the next one in Court after Chris Cairns for match fixing !!!

Isn’t it getting exciting – I too am hoping for an Argentina All blacks final as I think we’d see an exciting running game.

I feet gutted fro Scotland, and not just because it was Australia who beat them……

AH I thought we were over Wayne Barnes….;-)

AH, I’ll definitely be watching to the end. Hoping for some more awesome performances, esp from the All Blacks.

As to a new favourite… May the best team win! With no help from the ref…

Well done to all the winners this weekend. AH the ABs look unstoppable!! Ireland did not play well in the first half. They looked totally out of it but, we shouldn’t take anything away from Argentina – they were amazing.

However it is Scotland I feel most sorry for – they were definitely robbed!!!

I am quite exhausted from the past 4 weeks so it is quite good to know I can watch the next few games as a neutral!!! 🙂

Good luck to all of you who still have teams in the tournament 🙂

Hello AH and Chipmunk – I am now going to make you both very jealous 🙂

We have just been invited to Twickenham on Saturday for your semi-final match!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited as I have never seen NZ or South Africa live and I will be able to enjoy it all the more as a neutral after the stress of last weekend 🙂 🙂 🙂

What a game to be invited to – I think more than AH and Chipmunk will be envious. Enjoy what hopefully be an action packed game – I will hopefully be watching it in a fan zone in Richmond or in Richmond rugby club while over on the mainland this weekend. Enjoy

FITZY I am very happy for you, hope it’s as enjoyable as the French game, the SA’s play a lot tighter of course and are masters at slowing down the game so they can dictate the pace which can negate the AB’s fitness superiority. However they are our old foes and every game between these two proud rugby nations is always a true battle. Ideally the last 20 minutes the AB’s fitness levels will prevail and it’ll take them through. We have to be up and in front of the TV at 4:00am Sunday morning for the match, I’ll keep an eye out for you in the croud, wear something bright and wave to us….

I’m picking the Argies may just roll the Ozzies in the other Semi, they are playing well and are flying under the radar a little bit. Time will tell Monday morning

One game to go now, bring it on, we don’t care whom we play, we can beat either opponent.

Looking forward to the final. Wallabies v All Blacks. We know that everyone else will be going for the ABs so have post our support for the Wallabies. Hope it’s a close match. Cheers, Bay 😉

Well done to all you Kiwis and Aussies out there. I a looking forward to the final as hopefully it will be a classic! The Aussie defence is amazing and the ABs are extremely tenacious so it should be a great battle. One half of me will be sad to see the end of the tournament but the other half will be pleased to get my life back!!! 🙂

Had a very enjoyable Saturday at Richmond fan zone albeit a bit damp! Was speaking to a young kiwi who has been living over in England for a while. He kept us entertained! While not the same as being at the game the atmosphere was quite good with lots of banter between the fans. So looking forward to this final!

It was reported on our 6pm TV News last night the AB’s have moved into the England Training facility at Pennyhill Park in Surrey as their preparation HQ for the finals. What a magnificent facility, hope they don’t go soft living in luxury like that, the Ozzies are probably living in the London Rookeries to toughen them up…. 🙂

I bet the England players are all smiles knowing the AB’s are in their digs while they are watching from their lounges, such a shame…..

The main question is….
    Who is the Queen of Australia / Queen of New Zealand going to barrack for? 😉

Well Purple, to be honest I don’t think Liz is that keen on the old rugger, however William and Harry make up for it. And I am guessing they will have their personal favourites (probably the ABs!!) but will remain publicly neutral – like Switzerland.

The mind games are well underway now and it’ll be a brilliant game. In NZ I think we are equal parts confident and worried! Our boys will be prepared for Australia to mount a similar defence to the South Africans – that slowing of the game is anathema to our running.

Pleased Nigel is the ref. He is so funny. Last night on one of our TV programmes they did a running segment called LOLs with Nigel. Apparently he is openly gay (I didn’t know) and one of the segments they played was him calling a lineout where he is heard to say in relation to the throw “Even I’m straighter than that”. He also does stand up (who knew?) and ended one of his performances with “If you enjoyed that, I’m Nigel Owens. If not, I’m Wayne Barnes”. Hope we are laughing with him not about him at the end of the game!!

This thread has gone very quiet……..

Saving our strength to get up early tomorrow morning ?
    Go Wallabies! ? P

Sorry Purple Vegie!

All Blacks – Job done, but as we like to say in rugby circles, Full credit to the other team. Actually I do think your Wallabies played well in the second half, but there’s not much you can do about Dan’s deadly boot! Another four years til you get another chance.

At least you beat us at Netball…….even though it was two games all.

Congratulations to the All Blacks. A well deserved win. It was a fun ride! 🙂

Timing is all. I am in surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and Chipmunk 13’s post is my first news of the event. I hope and trust it was a good game.

Further to my last, I have just found a British TV channel which is going on at length about the spirt, discipline, cohesion, talent, history and general wonderfulness of the All Blacks. Sounds as though they were quite good.,

YES YES YES YES, what a great World Cup Carnival. Every Country (well qalmost every country) performed so well and the final lived up to every expectation, well played Ozzie, brilliant display the AB’s

Well done to the All Blacks. Good game and they really did deserve the win.

Viewing 34 posts - 151 through 184 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply.