BMI normal but struggling to lose a stone

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
BMI normal but struggling to lose a stone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  atcgirl 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’ve been on the 5 2 for 10 weeks and lost only 7 pounds. I hadnt initially grasped the fact I needed to watch my calorie intake on my NFD so changed that. I feel I am so good watching my calories on my NFD but I am getting fed up with the slow weight loss and counting calories all the time. I am really pleased my clothes are less tight but I am wondering whether to stop for a week or so and then return to it. I want to wear my bikini on my hols in June so want to lose another 7 pounds. Will it be harder to lose weight because I’m not overweight? I’m 6 foot and weigh 12 stone now. This is a whinge because on the whole I am quite evangelical about this diet. Anyone feel similar?

Hi Debsie:

Your weight loss is right in line with what would be expected, especially as you are not overweight. This will explain the ‘numbers’: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Unfortunately, life is not fair. To lose your last 7 pounds faster, you will have to eat less than you are eating.

Good Luck!

@debsie I have always heard that the closer you are to your goal weight, the slower the weight comes off. I am 12 lbs from my goal weight. I have been fortunate to lose 4.8 in my 1st 3 weeks and down another 1.4 for week 4 (although not an official weigh-in).

I am trying to prepare myself for a slowed down weight loss and hope not to lose patience and get discouraged. 7 pounds in 6 weeks should be doable for you and most people unless you hit the dreaded plateau.

I have seen other fasters post about changing their fasting to 4:3 with good results. Maybe this will shake up your metabolism and get it moving in the right direction. I’m waiting for the plateau and will likely try it myself. I would like to be at my goal weight by mid July.

I’m 7 pounds from my goal weight and losing about a 1/4 of a pound a week and have had to shake-up the diet to get even that amount of weight loss per week after initially losing a pound a week.

How did you shake-it-up? Just curious…

I began with standard 5:2 – but I was only having water all day until a 500 calorie dinner in the evening, Mondays and Wednesdays.

Now I have only water all day until a normal dinner (more than 500 calories) 5 days a week. I eat normally on weekends. Doing 4:3 wouldn’t have worked for me as my other half has given up on the diet and I don’t have the time or will power to plan for 2 different dinners.

(I know that i could do a 500 calorie dinner for me and then add carbs for him, but he’s fussy/doesn’t like repetition and i don’t have the brainpower or time to meal plan to that extent)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.