better full length Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
better full length Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• The fast diet as we know it (5:2 pattern 500-600 cals) actually forms a pretty small part of this original Horizon show (right at the end). I was wondering if Michael and Mimi had any plans for a follow up show going into more detail of the fast diet and associated topics? Obviously the book is great but a TV show update to the original Horizon show would help spread the message to the masses and get this diet even better known.

great idea.

they should do a more in depth

maybe if we all contact bbc horizon

they will

Hi Mitch and wiltdnrUSA, great minds think alike. In a post elsewhere I expolated…..ok…. mentioned that I thought that Michael would be checking on the posts on this site. Personally I believe the site comments are a researchers dream. We have some excellent posters with some in depth comments covering a multitude of health issues I suspect Michael never dreamt of when he started his research. Like you both I believe Michael will be researching another programme. Remember the BBC Horizon programme makers will be checking on this site (as will some other researchers into fasting) and will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of a ready made research facility such as we are providing.
    Given the respect Michael, and Mimi have in introducing the 5:2 concept, its development and its success I believe a follow up programme must be in the offing.

hi Couscous

i agree that the researcher would consider this a treasure

i do wish we could put graphs charts pics

i just clicked on their facebook page (never saw it b4) how colorful

I suspect that many users of this diet have missed the point of reducing IGF-1, they only see diet and think of losing weight. To me the word diet means controlling what you eat, it can be to gain or lose weight or for some other purpose.

In the last year I dieted to replace ten kilos that I’d lost in hospital, I’m now thinking about the 5:2 diet to reduce my IGF-1 but over the other five days will be trying to maintain my weight to avoid other problems.

NigelWaring

welcome
    we have many people w/ different goals & technically it is a diet 4 a lifestyle & it does control & limit on only on fastdays. if u put in search IGF-1
    u will c a large number w/ ur same concerns & w/ valuable inputs.
    success

Nigel, check your Facebook messages! I sent you a message in regards to IGF1 when you said to drop you a line but haven’t heard back (might be in your “others” folder).

Hi all, I agree with the comments made by WiltldnrUSA and Nigel. From the outset I believe the purpose of the research done by Michael was to lower his life chances of getting illness such as Cancer and Diabeties. His IGF-1 measures was one of a number of checks he had done pre and pro his research. He also acknowledged weight was an important factor in this research.
    In all these posts I, like Wilt, Nigel and others see many concerned only with weight loss and that is fine and I understand that. My aim first and foremost are the internal benefits with weight loss a very welcome secondary benefit.
    I am also interested in the research that others with a variety of health and fitness issues use 5:2 or the idea of fasting as part of their goals and lifestyles and I wish them well.
    Michael must surely be researching this further and using the sites comments as a research tool. Where else can one get such a diverse set of experiences and results concerning fasting than here?.
    Good luck to you all.

When I first watched the Horizon programme I was more interested in the health benefits, as my Nan had developed Alzheimer’s in her later years. It was so sad to see her and she couldn’t remember my name or even recognise my Mum in the end. Another family member has Type 2 Diabetes and is on a suitcase of various tablets. I would therefore like to say to him to try this way of eating but obviously under medical supervision.

Also as someone with Asthma controlled by medicine, I also wanted to see if this would help me.

I think the weight loss part is one you can measure yourself without going to the doctors and obviously if your waist measurement decreases then this is a health benefit. My weight has crept up recently, but I am within the healthy range, so any weight loss is a bonus.

I am also pleased to say that my Asthma has improved considerably! 🙂

Serenity

congrats on ur improved asthma

i have type2diab 2. going in 2morrow 4 blood test. crossing fingers 🙂

Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

just bumping this post i dont belive the program is for sale on DVD(as requested in another post) but it can be watched here. xx

bumping2

oops forgot 2 put other links

here r the vids u might like 2 c by dr michael

Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

THE-TRUTH-ABOUT-EXERCISE By dr mosley

http://vimeo.com/51836895

bumping

here r the vids u might like 2 c by dr michael

Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer

THE-TRUTH-ABOUT-EXERCISE By dr mosley

http://vimeo.com/51836895

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.