B2B?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Okayheregoes 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone,

I’m new around here and starting a 5:2 diet this week. I have a question regarding peoples experience on how you structure your fasting.

My plan is to fast on a Monday and a Tuesday, I’ve read some of the posts on here about 36 hrs v 48 hrs etc. I was simply going to eat normally over the weekend, then consumes 500-600 cals on a Monday, and 500-600 cals on a Tuesday. Then when I wake up on Wednesday eat normally again until the following Monday. Does this sound about right or am I making a common mistake.

If 2 consecutive days are too difficult I may split but I thought I’d start this way, as it will be easier for me to fit my life around.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has tried a similar structure and if it worked or if they have any advice or tips.

Thanks!!

Hi maralgil and welcome:

What you propose is fine and done by many, but may be hard for someone just starting. It takes awhile for your body to get used to two days of severe calorie restriction, so doing them back to back makes it even harder.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks

I’ll check that post out. I’ll see how it goes, as you say I think 2 days are going to be hard.

M

Hi Maralgil,
    I’m onto my second week of 5:2… but i’ve been doing alternate days which i’ve been finding quite easy to manage (although everyone is different). I did try B2B this week on Monday and Tuesday… i found on TUesday i was quite hungry throughout the day when generally on my fast days i’m fine. I probably wouldn’t recommend B2B to start with if you can help it.
    Good luck!

Thanks Aly,

Yes, I’m dipping my toe in the water with the B2B to see how it goes. Was ok on the Tuesday apart from the evening when I started to really hit the munchies. I’m going to stick with it for the time being or maybe mix between B2B and separate days.

Good luck

I found last night tricky too, but feel okay today, doing my second fast day. Im working tonight so that should make the time go better. The trouble is I have a restaurant, so food smells are massive for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.