Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,451 through 4,500 (of 14,786 total)

• SJ – congrats on the sale 🙂 definitely needed a carafe ( or two!) of the good stuff
    FB, GG- congrats on being such great “losers” 🙂
    YY- busy times for you looking after your grandson and other hospital visits – sending you virtual hugs 🙂
    Bali – the end of a relationship is always stressful, so glad that you are finding the change better for you and your son. sending you virtual hugs too 🙂

Ooh I am a page turner 🙂 , anyhow, will post warm salad recipe on a couple of days

CG started at 121 kg, lost 12, now 109, my ‘textbook’ goal is 60 kgs.. I’m just going 5-10 at a time, as hey I’m never going to be my teenage weight again!.. this is traditionally a natural plateau for me, so I know I just need to kick it up the bum a bit! I just want it to shift a bit more off the tummy so I can put the tray down on the plane! ahh its the little things.. lol

Tatania, you’ll get there, the slower the better, it STAYS OFF, but walking is a good mover, muscle toner, and healthy. Try the 4:3 for a couple of weeks and see if it kick starts your loss again. Good luck, don’t forget portion control on NFD’s too, it does help. Use a smaller dinner plate or howl, you’ll he surprised how little we need to feel satisfies, half the time our eyes are bigger than our bellies 🙂 …CG xx

GG, be careful driving to Sydney, looks awfully wet…..CG xxx

So, either fast forward, friends , or prepare for major fallout!

PROLAPSE….. CONTINUED….

It is my considered opinion that this beastie is the most prevalent cause of bowel dysfunction (among other stuffed functions….) in the elderly (and not so elderly) female. And that it is the most badly diagnosed and poorly repaired! From medical or surgical points of view:

I adhere to the belief that most childbearing females end up with internal structural changes due to that event (and even without it – we are built to balloon, bend and accommodate) and obesity compounds the problem.

Thus we are prone to cystoceles (bladder drop/prolapse) rectoceles(bowel prolapse ) and a good old fashioned ‘fallen womb’ (uterine prolapse), all of which changes the direction of the anus/exit and the sewerage pipes (colon)system. Causing bladder distension and stretching pockets of bowel for faeces to pool or over pack. It’s a vicious circle and we are nothing if not elastic in there, ladies. Agreed? (quintuplets, anyone?) get the picture? “motility” gets pretty buggered under the circumstances. So do elimination mechanisms.

Further to that, hysterectomies were the fashion in my day, (still are, to many surgeons) and that cuts the internal support ligaments, causing the hips to spread, further displacing the pelvic anatomy (haven’t seen a post hyster who didn’t get broader in the beam). and half of the problem becomes …um…pushing s**t uphill!

Plus, in my op theatre stint, it was plain to me that prolapse repairs rarely fixed the problem, often made them worse, and as far as I’m concerned, the approach to it is all wrong. I go so far as to say even the educating graphics are wrong and a woman’s internal organs can’t be correctly examined or diagnosed as to optimal position while in the prone position. We move! according to function and position!. (ie)an examination for prolapse should be made while a woman is standing, once she lies down it falls out of the way, doesn’t have the pressure of abdo contents pushing it down and it gets missed or not seen in the aspect it has when functioning (or more aptly, dysfunctioning.) . Nor can it be said that anatomical drawings that surgeons are taught from are correct, either, they were made from corpses as models, you guessed it, laying on a slab!

So I am not a fan of surgical repair of the nether regions, or hysterectomy, without absolute necessity.

Coping with prolapse is a whole other waffle and I think that’s on a need to know basis. So I’ll get off the podium, ladies. God knows what Dr Mosley would have to say about my blasphemy!

Ah, well, Sorry Doggy, if there is nothing in all that that helps you. I can only re-iterate the best mover I’ve found is three big glasses of water first up in the AM and a hot cup of tea chaser. (wait 45 mins before eating anything else) If that doesn’t move it, I’m reduced to ‘take meds’.

Detecting a prolapse? If you did mid, you know to palpate the bowel through the vaginal wall and hard faeces is easy to detect, a prolapse will bulge into the vag space. Sleep well, ladies. xxx gyps

Appologies for all that off topic stuff (but no one stopped me!)

CG I’ll be good while you’re away! hope you ,GG and FB have a great time in Melbourne!

GG, how will we see your pictorial evidence? I can’t find any means to post Photos on here. Have a wonderfull time! xxx.

Ah, glad I found you in Sydney, Lotus!

Tatiana, I have had plateau problems, too. I think the exercise does help in the long run,, but expect delays. I weigh lighter a few days later. We are all different, but it does move as long as one keeps the faith of the fast! Hang in there.

Hi All!
    Doggy – so sorry your system is giving you trouble, it’s a nasty and debilitating problem. Well done Gypsy for addressing this issue in true no-nonsense AD style! I hope all your valuable advice will be helpful to Doggy and anyone else on this thread who is suffering in silence.
    Welcome Tatania, the plateau blues are familiar to us all and 4:3 or back to back fast days might just get things going again by way of a short, sharp shock. However, it has also worked to just stick with the plan and do as you are doing by adding in a little more exercise or activity. You have made great progress so far, keep up the good work!
    Can’t wait to hear all about the escapades of our trio in Melbourne….should make for very interesting reading. I bet that will be some birthday FB!! 😉 Would love to see photos too; pity there doesn’t seem to be a way to share them here?
    FD for me here too. Had sneaky peek at the scales this morning (don’t usually weigh-in until Wed), to see how much I had to make up for after the weekend and was amazed to find I am still the same weight! 🙂

Fit, well done, I’m always heavier Mondays, in fact that is my Zig, have to wait all week for the Zag…I’m sure we will have fun, just be lovely to meet and get to know each other, nice meals and of course a few drinks 🙂 …should be great, we will fill you all in 😉 as best we can remember…CG xxxx

Hi Dogasbie, gypsy has given you first class advice, you may need to address this with the doc. I wrote to you in Jan as well, then I didn’t realise you were in Tassie. I am in UK but we suffer the same. One point I forgot last time was that loads of people on here say how great eggs are on this wol. No. Not for me. Eggs are binding, I can only eat one a month then I have to take corrective measures. Can you look back on your food diary and see if you have similar reactions?
    So foods that I avoid, eggs, cheese, chocolate.
    Drink more water.
    Try buying two cans of prunes, one for the cupboard. Three prunes on top of water made oat porridge with yogurt on top is great to eat and even better the next day.
    I find sweetcorn helps, i read somewhere that it is an intestinal sweep.
    See if you can find oatbran in your supermarket, I never let myself run out.
    Also look up pelvic floor exercises on the interwebby thing, all ladies over 40 should do these. After all if we are baggy on the outside we are baggy on the inside.
    As gypsy said the sugery route is possible, I have had the surgery, recovered well but still sometimes get a bout of the dreaded.
    I had to write today in the hope you read this in the morning over there. I am off on holiday now for 2 weeks, so will catch up after then.
    Best wishes matey.

Hi Bali, I’m sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. You have made the right choice, even though we have not met , I can tell you are a strong woman. You are making the right choice for you and for your child. All the best xxx

Countrygal, thank your for your morning post 🙂 and your encouragement 🙂 Doggy, if you soak a couple of primes in a glass of water overnight and drink it – eat the prunes too – in the morning you are meant to go to the loo asap. (This is according to my dad’s wife). Girlonamission, you sound like me all my life and I ended up over 90 kilos ,?i used to be between 48 and 50 kilos, please listen to these ladies , they know what they are talking about. . Fat buster , thank you for your encouragement 🙂 MoM, I was bad too , my weekend was BAD. Lol 🙂 Suejen, I can’t wait to feel like I am hanging to eat less food 🙂 Gypsie, you are good to exercise , my exercise today was running from the comonroom to the staff room to put away today’s goodies to munch on tomorrow 🙂 Thank you all for the recipes , I’ll post tomorrow, I hope I have not left any one out. It’s been a long day. Xx goodnight all 🙂

Hi, I am also new to the 5:2 diet. I do love my wine and cheese so the weight has crept up in the last few years…I am 48 now. I am looking for something sustainable, and i love to exercise, it’s just the over indulgences and the lack of motivation regarding diet that are my issues….looking forward to hearing some Aussie tales and tips .

Oh! Before I forget, my food today was as follows:
    Breakfast – black tea – 3 cups
    Morning tea – miso soup /seaweed and tofu
    Lunch- hard boiled egg and miso soup as above
    Dinner – miso soup as above, small piece of oven baked salmon and lettuce and tomato salad,black tea and a small glass of Shiraz

Miso – 96 calories
    Egg – 70 calories
    Wine – 170
    Salmon- 114
    Salad – 50

The above was my intake for today – I also had 4 large cups of water and lots of tea 🙂 I was very busy got up at 6 am , was at work by 7:45 , finished all work at 7pm, made dinner and then posted 🙂
    Watching ‘The Water Diviner’ , posting and reading 🙂

Hi Kath and welcome. Our 5:2 is sustainable if you stay with two fasts a week we usually fast Mon and Thurs then all weigh in Friday to share our highs and low, brag or whinge, but usually have a laugh and share hints. If you read back to earlier posts you’ll pick up a lot of hints. You can still have your wine and cheese on non fast days but you learn to cut your portion size down, your tummy doesn’t seem to need as much. Good luck, we will be here for you ….CG

Ta, Fit, Thought I might ‘ve got a bit heavy there. And thanks to Cakey for those practical insights. Agree eggs can be a binder. and oat bran is good. Also colonoscopy examination to eliminate possible obstruction, or narrowing, nasties, etc

Doggy, it’s also possible that you are just eating less, even on NFD’s, and your bowel isn’t getting the fullness stimuli that initiates peristalsis (or the moooove! motion!). When you say you ‘have tried psyllium ‘ has that been just a sprinkle? a capsule? or something like a heaped tablespoon, or more, combined with mega fluid (it can be glue without plenty of liquid to swell and slide ). Try really eating up to your tdee at least a couple of days a week. and include lots of bran type fibre/h20. luck. xx gyps

Oh, well done Taco! Good girl! polish your halo and have a great day tomorrow. Betcha’ food will taste so much better! I am watching the new Game of thrones episode. Nite now.

Welcome Kathyven, look forward to your progress. This is the place to succeed, stay tuned.

Had to go to bed otherwise inwod have polished off everything in the fridge and pantry! I don’t know what happened, I was doing so well 🙁
    I’m slow with my posts so I have missed a lot.

Hi all, welcome Kathyven, you sound just like me, wine and cheese and the gradual creep! I have lost a lot of it with this WOL, I am sure you will too.

Good luck, Bali.

Gypsy, you have lots of good knowledge there. I have suffered from severe IBS since my twenties and it is totally caused by anxiety. All controlled pretty well these days due to better medications but it really impacted on my life. Whenever I looked great, it usually meant that I was actually really sick. Well, that was before 5/2. Now I will look good for the right reasons!

Just back from 3 days in Massachusetts, more hotels and restaurants! But I did find a great wholefood health store where I could get more of my beloved corn thins AND Miso, I had forgotten to tell you all how I couldn’t find that either!

Anyway, feeling very positive today, a fast day, because my husband has decided that he needs to take action also so is going to do this with me. 5/2 and low carb. We are stopping our usual nightly wine and saving it for social occasions. Watch this space!

I love the idea that you Melbourne gatherers are going to post photos. How do we do that here?

Welcome Kathyven – yes, portion control on non-fast days is a must and until your appetite starts to change, you should calculate your TDEE (basically the amount of calories you are allowed to eat on non-fast days). You can do this by clicking on HOW IT WORKS above. If you do your two fast days per week and stick to TDEE on the other days, you will succeed. Also avoid carbs on fast days as they are not helpful to weight loss. Good luck!
    Hey Up – sounds like you were describing my average date night when I was young; ‘wine, cheese and the gradual “creep” (of the male variety!) lol 🙂 Well done you on taking every opportunity to find the foods that will help you stay on track – you’re amazing! Hope you enjoyed your trip to Mass. Sorry to hear you have suffered with IBS and I hope it’s under control now. Fantastic that your OH is joining you on 5:2 – that will be a great boost!
    Taco – you’re playing a blinder…keep it up and it will get easier.
    Gypsy – you’re not heavy in any sense of the word now 😉
    Thanks CG – so glad my mini blowout didn’t do any damage and I can face the week ahead with lots more fun family get togethers!

Good morning team, awful weather on the N.S.W. Coast, please be careful, life is so precious, remember the old saying…better to be late on arrival, than dead on time!
    Really getting chilly now, good rug up weather, nice to get some warm clothes on and not feel the size of a bear! 🙂 Enjoy your day team, today you can have what you craved yesterday when you were fasting but keep an eye on your portion control, you can have whatever you want, just not as much as you used to, that’s what got us here in the first place 😉 our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is keeping us honest with ourself, YOU CAN DO IT, old habits leave and new ones take their place HEALTHY CHOICES 🙂 ….. So get out and make some tracks team, don’t follow someone else’s path, life begins once you leave your comfort zone 🙂 ….CG xxxxx

Good Morning ADs
    And welcome Kathyven. As mentioned by other members, it is very important to eat upto your TDEE on non fast days. Explore ‘How to’ section in this website and that will give you a lot of information.

Yes ADs, only 24 hours until we meet in Melbourne. GG will be here tomorrow and CG will be hitting the town on Thursday. That is definitely going to be a special Birthday for me on Friday.

My fast day yesterday went over by 100 cals, only because I was craving sweet stuff, so ended up having some 🙁
    All good, as I am fasting again today, I know I won’t be fasting for rest of week this week, Therefore wanna get over and done with two fasts.

I had a sneak peak at scales yesterday. I was up by half a kilo (despite of the fast yesterday) but not worried as Its only half a kilo, and I feel better in my clothes.

I will now concentrate on shifting this weight and doing more about it from next week onward. Until then, will try and be sensible as I wanna take it easy and not stress or obsess about weight when CG and GG are down here….

All day Training at work today as well, so will catch up on posts later in the evening…

FB….

Good morning from a very wet Sydney! Gale force winds and flash floods everywhere, but swam to work lol and hopefully will be able to swim back tonight 🙂
    Had a good fast yesterday. Hopefully no blow outs today 🙂
    Taco – It gets better, I swear. And well done on sticking to your calorie limit. BTW, Wine (or alcohol in general) is said to increase appetite (per Jason Fung on his brilliant blog), so maybe edit that out next fast? 🙂

Hello all,

I wanted to first day how much I have appreciated having this little life line of support. I am sorry that I could not respond more actively. It has helped so much to look over your emails in the morning or in the evening of a FD.

I wanted to report what has bee happening for me so far in the hopes that it may be helpful, especially to those who are new like myself.

I started out with a great deal of fear. Fear that I woudo get headaches, faint, won’t sleep, feel unwell, etc. None of this happened. After my first FD that petty much subsided straightaway and I was so surprised to see how much my body responded to ‘giving my digestion a rest’ I noticed almost right away that my mood got brighter, my vertigo lessened at key times, my clarity did increase and I coud tell that I was dropping weight. Thanks to whoever posted the article about how unreliable scales can be. I have not been a big user of the scale, and have decided not to weigh myself at least for now. What I am doing is noticing my clothing, my general state of well being and using a tape measure. However I will ony use the tape measure once a month as well. At least for now. Once I sense a plateau I will want to determine how accurate that is and give some thoughts to my behaviors and food choices and perhaps get on a scale more frequently, but I have found that the way my body retains water can be so self defeating if I let the numbers on the scale determine my success or not. I have found that weighing myself int he past a very demoralizing experience and allowed the scale to have more I out than what the fit of my clothes had to say.

Here is something else that was quite a surprise. I am doing my 6th FD today. This is the third FD where I have really not struggled at all. I have found some foods that have been helpful. Miracle or zero noodles with some vegetable with coconut aminos and garlic is a nice little snack with virtually no calories. Pickles. The venerable hard boiled egg. I also found that coffee seemed to be something to avoid on FD. I can’t quite explain it but didn’t like how coffee made me feel but found that green tea has helped me feel evened out. Also two of my FD’s were unplanned. I just didn’t feel that much like eating and so decided to allow my body to tell me what it wanted to do. I will take them when I can get them as I am sure there will be tougher days.

I am finally feeling like I have found a way to manage my weigth and my health. It is too early to say what effect this will have I my RA, which is in its earliest stages, but I am hopefuL.

Sorry to hear about the bad weather in Sydney. It is 80 degrees in portland oregn today. Like a summer day but that will shift over the next couple of days.

Thanks again to all of you out there. I am not able to get On-line much but have found you all so helpful and funny and inspirational. Have a great week.

Good morning Raven, I wondered what happened to you. We don’t push anyone to be involved if they don’t wish too. The reason for our daily post is so we never feel alone on our 5:2 journey, questions always arise and their are always things to share with fellow team members, as you just did. Your positive attitude will certainly help you on this path so keep up the good work, we are here if you need us…CG xxx

Morning ADers another FD done and dusted for most of us. Had no problems yesterday though OH did throw me out a bit as we went out unexpectedly (sposed to be quick trip) & had to get some lunch unexpectedly too. So I bought a chicken wrap with no mayo, unwrapped it and then ate the chicken, carrot, tomato & lettuce (a few stray bits of grated cheese might have just happened to stick to the fork too! not many). So then a HB egg for dinner. 500 cals. Certainly didn’t have the dramas I did with FD last time so I think sometimes it’s just a blip that you feel ravenous again. Or not being as busy.
    I didn’t count my TDEE on Fri/Sat/Sun at all but did gain 1.7kg by Monday. Does anyone else gain that much weight over the 3 days? Maybe I do need to count my TDEE but much prefer not to. Portions are fine, did have some wine on each day & a few treats. However FD yesterday kicked 1.3 of that to the kerb. So all good just trying to figure out what method works best for me.
    Raven fantastic that you feel that 5:2 is a doable WOL for you. We would heartily agree! And fasts certainly aren’t the end of the world as you’ve discovered.
    Lotus interesting have to look up this Jason Fung….never heard of him.
    UT so great that OH is going to join you in 5:2. Mine did it for a while & it was great. But he’s lost his small amount now though doesn’t mind having FD dinners with me & reaping the benefits. And occasionally pinches my HB eggs the brat!
    Taco hang in there girl. We can all attest to the fact that FD’s get easier & easier. You’ve been planning & preparing so well so you’re definitely on the right track. XX
    Have a great day all. FB GG & CG how do you plan to show us some photos of your meeting??????? Not long now ladies. Hope you’re planning to feast! You all so, so deserve it and have earned it. suejen

Gypsy, Cakey42 thanks so much for your sound advice. I have taken a photo of your posts and will read them later again. Cakey I will definitely stop eating eggs. I actually love them so that’s step one. Cheese too. Chocolate as well. Gypsy I agree with all you said. I too am am ex theatre nurse and one’s anatomy is defiantly not the same when in the supine position. Yes I had a TAH ( hysterectomy) in my 30s. Endometriosis, I am of the anxious, high performing personality type so stress is a factor. I’m of the opinion though that my. IBS is partly hereditary as my mum plus sister have the same problems. I’ve often found that overseas holidays etc play havoc with the bowels. As you say I’m taking on less bulk to flow through the bowel and peristalsis seems to stall. I’ve decided that from next week I’m going to alter my WOE for a week or so to see if the problem resolves. I will not pig out but eat lots of high fibre veg etc and try to make it low calories. I don’t have a prolapsed uterus but agree the anatomy gets buggered up by childbirth. I’m definitely not giving up the 5:2 just will tweak it for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks again all.
    Cheers Doggy

Morning suejen, I go up that much EVERY week end, just fluid I guess, one fast gets rid of it each time, the second fast is the one that does the trick, bit by bit, some weeks no loss but others it readjusts and you lose a bit. I guess this is why we all have the zigzags. In the subject of bowls, I find I “part” with my week end over indulgances quite easily and really feel cleansed. 😉 Oh the subjects we get on to, nothing is taboo! I often think having a heavier meal as such or different treats does get things moving, as we have seen from others on holidays. You can only part with what you’ve eaten and if our foods are “light” meals and smaller than we were ever used to, doesn’t give us much to move. 🙂 although I still piddle a lot 🙂 cant’t get too far from the loo no matter where I go, not really a weak bladder….just a full one…
    I really think the suggestion of eating up to our TDEE is the go, I do have trouble doing that, cause I’m just not overly hungry, but the food choices would bring it up. Just putting crumbs on a chicken breast etc helps bring the numbers up. Quick squirt of oil spray and dry fry in the oven, still healthy! I use crumbs from the bottom of the dry biscuit barrel, all flavours mixed, yummy, even if I need to crush up an extra biscuit or two, they are really tasty, especially if you dip the chicken into youghurt first. Big squeeze of lemon and into the oven, what could be easier, maybe a spud, sprayed and dry fried too. All just to bring it up to your TDEE, so it doesn’t mean eating junk…….
    Have a great day team, I’m into a bit of packing yohoooo…. 🙂 CG xxx

SueJen: About Jason Fung (who I had heard about the first too, after joining the Forum!) https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/

CG, GG, FB – Have fun girls 🙂

CG – really wise words here, it didn’t strike me until you say it so nicely : “one fast gets rid of it each time, the second fast is the one that does the trick, bit by bit, some weeks no loss but others it readjusts and you lose a bit.”
    Really encouraging as I go through the same zigzag every b***dy week too lol

Doggy – we’ll all wait for the results from your experiment next week with the WOL tweaking. All the best.

Lotus, what an interesting read, thankyou for sharing 🙂 …CG xx

And there it is. The whole thing in a nut shell. CG, you pearler! You ‘eliminate’ the airy fairy and cut to the chase so well! (I should make you my editor, I might actually get published! have had several goes at ‘the novel’, but, you guessed it, am too long winded and go down too many side tracks…)
    Doggie, we will dig up the cure one way or another! And, Up,Fit you are gems of shared experience yourselves. This is really a great place to share!

Suejen, I have much the same progress pattern (CG’s zig zag) and fluctuate over a 2 kilo margin, especially over weekends, but eventually, the margins just get lower (or flash for a few days at odd times til they stabilize, my margins today are from 84.2 early am, to 86.1 after lunch and a shower, go figure!?). I find it fascinating and now don’t let the scales faze me. It’s like a riddle trying to work out what makes them tick! Raven, you will get over them, too, you are already trusting your own visuals and comfort zones. that was a great post, very affirming, and we all know it’s true , we’ve been there. But it is helpful to new people to hear it described so well, thanks for sharing. We are all getting positive results, and that’s outstanding! don’t stress the small stuff! All any of us have to do is just carry on! Taco, that means you! hugs all!

I’m off to grocery shop. Have a great time in Melbourne CG, GG and FB, (gad, I’d like to be a fly on the wall at that luncheon!) Live it up ! And watch those roads yourself, CG, It looks pretty wild on the south coast. Take care on the swim home Lotus! Cheers for now. gyps

Team, of course all these zigzags and fluctuations were happening when we were at our heaviest, we just weren’t as pedantic at checking as often. In fact the further away from scales I could get….the better…..It’s all just body normal 🙂 enjoy the ride!…CG xxx

Hello all, was anticipating a big increase after blowing off FD last Thursday and not denying myself with messed up mealtimes last week, so jumped on the scales today and big surprise, 300 gr down! Don’t know another weight loss program that can do that!! 3.4 kilos to target weight and so good to feel confident that once there, can maintain it.

Doggie I too had to give up on eggs and resort to psyllium husks which I take on NF days. I put a heaped dessertspoon in a bowl and mix with greek yoghurt and just eat followed by a couple of glasses of water. Find if I do this after dinner it works overnight especially if I have salads or veg on the previous FD.

UT can’t do without my corn thins either, Lotus be careful swimming home, Gypsy good to have you back on a regular (geddit) basis, CG, GG, FB enjoying your lunch vicariously, Bali () hugs, Fit enjoying your family sagas, newbies – look forward to sharing with you all. YY xx

Go gal , Counteygal, and Fatbuster have lots of fun tomorrow 🙂 xxx
    Gypsy , Suejen , Fit, lotus, everyone stay warm and safe

OK thanks for the feedback guys….thought I was the only one who put on so much weight just over a few days, but seems like it’s fairly normal so to speak. So Gyps thinking of it more like you do as different margins is the way to go I reckon, rather than I’ve put on or gained x amount. suejen
    CG I have more trouble staying within my TDEE rather than eating up to it. That’s just NOT a problem! Oh we’re all different. suejen

Well today my TDEE wont get a look in. Really hungry this arvo, Two, count them TWP cheese and homemade pickle sandwiches with cappuccino, friend called in, four chocolate finger biscuits PLUS a mint slice……rissoles in gravy with mash tonight….that will give my body (bowels )something to work on! 🙂 xxx CG

Must be the cooler weather CG – I was ravenous too today 🙂
    As you say, don’t sweat the small stuff 🙂

Just watching the storms in Sydney on the news (spoke to GG and she’s safe) please take care anyone on the N.S.W. Coast, sounds like it wont be over for some time yet, floods and gale force winds, awful weather…. CG xxx

Travelling back and forth on the train right now just to get home! Oh well another half an hour to go, apparently ( according to the guard)

There are trees fallen across tracks so trains being diverted

Thinking of you Lotus, get home safely. I know the trains are disrupted 🙁

CG – home made pickles and cheese yum 🙂 we had fish and chips – it was my fault, I stopped to get milk, got wet and cold and could not resist the smell of the take away. We don’t have it often but today was cold, wet and miserable. I had no sweets so that was out of the question. I’m hoping to have cheese toasties for dinner tomorrow 🙂 it will be a really long day and no one will be cooking.

Hope your home safely Lotus. Taco, it must be the weather! My appetite in insatiable tonight, oh well, rear, but gotta be the weather, not at all proud of myself, but must admit, I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve eaten :), tomorrow is another day….CG xxx

Hi All!
    Hope all of you in or near Sydney are safe and well from that awful sounding weather. Lotus – hope you weren’t delayed too long on the journey home; it’s not nice after a long day at work when you’re tired and hungry and just want to be home and snug.
    CG, GG, FB – hope your travels (long or short) are safe too. I bet there will be some posts to look forward to when ye are feeling up to it after your little get-together!! Batten down the hatches, Melbourne, there’s a storm of a different kind coming your way!!!! 😉
    Raven – good to hear from you again. Delighted that you are finding 5:2 so doable and that your initial fears have been laid to rest. You are finding the way that works best for you, and that is why you will succeed. Keep it up!
    SJ – well done on your FD choices. I am very like you on non-fast days; I have no problem eating up to my TDEE!! In fact, eating over it was the reason I was not having much success in the early days, so now I keep track of my calories every day on MFP and that is why things are going better for me. I know it’s a bit of a nuisance, but it’s worth it because now I know where I was going astray and how to fix it.
    Doggy – best of luck with your new pattern of eating and hoping it will bring a big improvement for you xx
    YY – congrats on your unexpected loss; yes, this wol is amazing! Hope I have some fun tales of our big family get-away next week in the beautiful west of Ireland – three generations of love and laughter….should be great!
    Lotus – didn’t get to read your link yet but will do it when I’m finished posting. You’re brilliant at the research, thank you so much.
    Taco – you’re right that cold weather calls for warm comforting meals, remember that homemade soups are healthy and nourishing and you can freeze portions to have for emergencies or when you don’t feel like cooking.
    Take care, everyone, wherever you are and whatever the weather 🙂

Fit, another lovely post from you. What an exciting week you have coming up, nothing like a close family get together. You can all be yourselves, no hang up’s, as you say. Love laughs and food, food, glorious food 🙂
    We will each post as we get home I’m sure there will be lots of giggles and food, few drinks and lots of getting to know each other stories….very interesting.
    Have a great…safe….evening team, nights are cold and snuggly now, home is the place to be 🙂 no place like it … …CG xxx

CG – thanks for the warm wishes. Hope your attack of the munchies is over now… I think we all have to go through those patches now and again and then we get back on track; it just proves to us how far we have come. Xxxxx
    Lotus – read your link, very interesting reading and supports why this fasting thing really works. I know I am hoping that the health benefits are going on behind the scenes in my body and brain the way the weight and cm loss are happening on the outside.
    Go team!!

Thanks guys! Reached home safe and sound, and sending my prayers for the safety of the residents, SES and other crew out now. Heroes for sure.
    Also wishing everyone in the team is home safe and snuggled up too 🙂

Lovely Posts Fit!
    I must admit that some of the threads on the forum are a bit aggro. So I love your positive, kind, attitude and friendship.
    Go team! Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 4,451 through 4,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.