Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,051 through 4,100 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi team again, silly me, wondered why the TV shows on Foxtel were not running to schedule….it’s me….forgot day light savings is over..yahooooo…just hate it….turn your clocks back team…CG xxx

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL AUSSIE DETERMINATORS …..NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THIS BIG WORLD.
    Had a delicious red berry hot cross bun for breakky this morning….. so good… then went for my walk until it rained so short one, Oscar does not like to get his feet wet, even though I brought him the cutest boots (for all paws with a sole ) for his birthday.
    I had lost 800grm until this morning…. Just love our 5:2 , we can have our bun and chocky and know our determination will have us back on track …..maybe fast Tuesday so most of the temptations will be gone….ha ha ha !
    Have a wonderful day with your family. love and Easter blessings to you all…GO GALxx

Good morning team. Oh yes the change over from Daylight saving always throws out my biorhythms for the first few days. I remembered to put my watch back before I went to bed but woke up at 4am not 5 am. Today is going to be a loooooooong day.
    Yesterday while doing a bit of new net surfing I came across The Complete 5:2 App. I downloaded it and see that it has lots of tips, recipes plus other bits and pieces.
    I’ve just had to vacuum out the house, nothing like a puppy with muddy paws to make a mess. Anyhow who needs to go to the gym after you’ve pushed the darn thing around the house.
    Well we could be living in Melbourne today. It’s only 11 am and already had about 3 seasons. It was chilly this morning, change of clothing. Then it got warmer – change of clothing, now it’s positively tropical with the risk of a thunder storm. Yip and another clothing change.
    I won’t be sticking to my TDEE at all today. I love pies as does MOH. I’ve got the filling of a chicken. Leek and mushroom pie waiting to assemble for dinner. Yum.
    FD tomorrow. I might make Lotus’s Tofu and veg soup that I like very much.
    Enjoy the rest of the Easter Weekend and say safe if you are out on the roads.
    Doggy. XX

Morning Team Happy Easter morning to you all. Sounds like we’re all enjoying our weekend & enjoying some treats too – as 5:2 allows us too. Yeah. I’m going to do almost a repeat of yesterday (as the Moussaka was so lovely) except somehow or other I’m going to fit an easter egg in….by hook or by crook. But also determined not to have my weight go up before this week’s fast days. Want to see 73 something this time. So MFP is going to be my best friend today. I already looked up my small egg & put it in yesterday. And we’ll go for a big walk. Amazing that a small egg (not mini but the smallest size egg you buy) is 288 calories all up! And it’s all mine!!!
    Dogie your Chicken leek & mushroom pie sounds delish. GG you lost 800 around Easter….what a gal! Fab effort. CG thanks for your usual great encouraging message to keep us on track but also to have some easter treats…..and back to a FD Monday (or Tuesday for those who need to adjust it). Relax, read, go for a walk, smell the roses, whatever…..and have a wonderful day. suejen

Nicely said CG.
    Fasting today as have lunch out tomorrow. Had a boiled egg and toast for lunch… No craving for chocolate atm so surviving pretty well. But the afternoons still young lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Doggie tofu and veg soup is what I plan to eat for dinner tonight too!!

SueJen the Cadbury mini eggs are only 30 cals each, though you are right the small egg is calorific…

Oh no no Lotus can’t do that. Mini eggs come in bags and you know what would happen to THAT lot! Once my one egg is gone that’s it….no more, so I’m done. It was actually 255 cals so still high but better than a whole bag for me hehe. Nothing special or social stuff happening tomorrow (that I know of yet!) so think I’ll fast Mon & Thurs as normal. That’s the plan at this stage. sj

*grinnning @ SueJen’s post*

My “bunny” was 555cals…..and very yummy! ๐Ÿ™‚ ..CG xx

Hi All!
    Happy Easter – although it’s probably just about over for ye now. It’s so strange to hear you talk about putting the clocks back when we have just put ours forward. Anyway, loving the chat about easter eggs. My OH got me a fabulous Green and Black’s Organic egg, (240 cals for 1/4 of the egg!!!) – after sampling it, I’m going to rename it Green and Black’s Orgasmic egg…..mmmmmm ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I reckon I will have to fast for about a week solid to undo the damage. Never mind – I’ll have a smile on face for quite a while too! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

Fit, you enjoy every nibble of your egg. Our 5:2 allows our indulgences and our fasts take care of any damage. We are all so far ahead to where we would have been, so enjoy it. One Easter egg will not undo all your work ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Easter… ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxx CG

Thanks CG – sitting here licking my lips after my second helping of the day!! Also had delish espresso to go with it, is there anything more sublime than coffee and chocolate together? Yum!! Hope you enjoying too xxxx

Mmmmmmm, the only way to top that is espresso with a Baileys with the chocolate…decadence!…enjoy xxxx

Oh, I assume you get Baileys Irish Cream, liquor there?…xxx

Not a huge fan of Bailey’s but there’s a whisky liqueur here called Irish Mist which is heavenly with chocolate, or even better when you use it in Irish coffee instead of ordinary whisky. Gave it my french visitors and they are so hooked, I have to bring them a bottle when I go over in the summer!

Good morning team, Fit, like they say, God must have loved calouries, because he made so many of them., ๐Ÿ™‚ .. Why is everything that’s yummy, so good, so full of no no’s?
    Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is always with us ..along with temptation, but WE CAN DO IT yeah!
    Happy fast day to those doing it, if not with the flexability of our 5:2, tomorrow is always there. Enjoy the last day of your long week end with friends and family, these days are made for memories and are very precious so enjoy.
    Happy day team to you all ๐Ÿ™‚ …CG xxxxx

Good morning, evening team, depending where you all are. CG I’m sure you’v heard the phrase ” everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening!”
    Fitto – your orgasmic eggs are a hoot. Suejen thanks for reminding me about Moussaka. I just love it. Do you make yours with aubergines or spuds? I’ve an idea the real recipe uses Aubergines. AND all that cheese! Next time I go grocery shopping I’m going to buy the ingredients. As CG so often says, the 5:2 is so forgiving.
    I must be off. We are about to have visitors arriving.
    Cheers all.
    Doggy

Good morning everyone

I decided yesterday that I wouldn’t count calories, and I didn’t care so large chocolate egg, pancakes with jam and cream lunch sour dough and caramelised onion and cheese and salad. Lasagne and garlic bread. Let’s just say high count. What I love is that I don’t feel guilty at all. I don’t feel that I have failed fallen off the wagon etc. it was just a day. I did do my 10000 steps though.

So fasting today, everyone is having fruit toast for brekky, I don’t need any surprising not hungry. Will head of shortly for a 5km walk along waterfront Torquay. Sun is shinning should be lovely.

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter and a few days with friends and family.

Last day of the Easter long week end . Its a beautiful sunny morning on the Mid north coast thus far …..? the rain has gone. Poor tourists, their last day is fine , now the highway will be heavy with traffic returning southfrom lunch time onwards.
    I’m fasting today… have to LOL my plateau broke it went up instead of down . Oh well as we all say and live by with this WOL “our 5:2 is forgiving” BUT !boy was it ever so good to eat and not feel the guilts.
    FATBLASTER returns from her OS holiday today…. it will be good to have her posting again.
    Have a wonderful day with what ever you are doing…..GO GAL xxx

Hi AD’s Dogie I make both Moussakas but hadn’t made the aubergine one for a long time. It was delicious & would be less cals than the spud one. In MFP it was 469 cals a serve (made it smaller portions so it served 8). Cheese is only 60g in my greek recipe book (but tastes so cheesy) & I just read a tip next to the recipe about using parmesan for more flavour – this would also be less cals methinks.
    Fit love your orgasmic egg with a smile on your face for a week. Would be a cheeky smile too!
    CG yes God sure must have loved calories you’re right but on our Feed days we can enjoy anything we choose….isn’t that fabulous! I just read the term “Feed Days” on the fastday site & I like it better than “Feast Day” as I think I tend to feast too much!!
    Bali what a feed you had aaand no guilts, that’s great. I’m still getting there on that one, though I must say I did pretty well over Easter – ate well & no guilts, but I did track all my food. You’ve got a lovely sunny day & we woke up to total cloud cover – quite a surprise after yesterday’s sunshine. And GG you did the same….must be a slow learner here hehe!
    Fatblaster welcome back from your hols & back to 5:2. Good to have you back.
    Changed my plans as friends over today so switching FD to tomorrow. Had what we called as kids ร„ngels on Horseback – no idea where that term came from! Just toasted/grilled bread cut into squares with squares of grilled cheese & bacon on top. We all adored them and still do. I made variations with our kids & put tomato on some, champignons on others, maybe sausage etc.
    Must do another walk today even though it’s cloudy it does make for good walking weather. Have a lovely last holiday all. suejen
    PS nearly forgot, despite my easter treats I’m now back to 74.1 my lowest before I had my carb-laden weekend (lost a little each day), so with FD’s this week will definitely be 73 something. 5:2 gotta luvit.

Hi CG and gang!
    Well as I explained, I went out to The Sticks for a couple of weeks. Living in a motel was not easy and despite my efforts i still continued to gain weight. While there however, I came across another weight-loss plan that gives me more boundaries – which I need – so have decided to switch to it instead. It is very different from 5:2, but holds promise and I think it will work for me. The main thing is to find a way that suits the individual and then to stick with it. Thank you for your kind encouragement; it was nice ‘meeting’ you and I wish you all well on 5:2. Cheers! Jo

Hi Jo, sorry to lose you but you have to follow the path that you wish. I wish you luck and we are always here if you need us, you will always be welcome back…and thank you for saying good bye, you’re the only on who has ever bothered. All the best Jo, it’s lovely to follow the beat of your own drum.. ๐Ÿ™‚ CG xxx

Jo just to repeat what CG said. Good luck with your new venture. I hope it suits you and works for you. Hopefully we will all still be here should you decide to return.
    FD here too. I’m not hungry but do feel cold. That’s OK too as I’ve just bumped up the temp on the heater. I’m sipping some lovely liquorice tea. I couldn’t find any locally so ordered it online. When it arrived I was astounded to see about 50 boxes. I went back to my order and saw I’d inadvertently added another zero! So I have a stock to last me for years.
    Suejen your Moussaka recipe sounds great. It is a Greek dish if Im not mistaken so guess they’d know the best recipe. I love Parmesan so will try that. I’m already thinking about what I can eat tomorrow. I have chicken, Chirizo and prawns in the freezer so Paella comes to mind. I’m also feeling like B the calories in that too! Enjoy the last day of the long weekend all.
    Cheers Doggy.

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all enjoyed yourself whatever you have been doing! I ate and drank whatever I liked, but back on the fasting band wagon today…..so any damage will soon be undone. Have been plodding along, not on the forums much at all, but thought I’d pop in and say hello….still going strong with 5:2…..really is a WOL for me now…..down to 70.1 on Friday, my lowest yet and might see a 6 soon…..after I get rid of my Easter bloat.

All up I’ve lost 13.5 kg on 5:2 since I started September 2014…..and 20 kg since January 2014.

Well done everyone on your 5:2 journeys, I find this is the easiest form of weight loss and weight control that I’ve ever found ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi team, looks like I’ll be fasting tomorrow, blown it today, busy doing out drawers, getting rid of the “too bigs” and made two seafood Vol u Vents last night, had one left so that was lunch, with a bit of salad, I downed two lovely glasses of wine whilst doing the drawers….decided on scrambled eggs on toast, really chilly today..could be me trying to fast…just having a cappicino , so it’s blown already. Didn’t seem too much but when I checked MFP,….WOW! Naughty CG for not planning ๐Ÿ™ oh well, lesson learnt! So now will have butter on my toast too,, mmmmm… Hang in there team, yes Doggy it is chilly here too and gloomy so just yearning for hot food. Tomorrow is another day, soup..soup…soup I guess because the temp is falling now, just miss the hot toast with it though….CG xxxx

Foxy lovely to hear from you, congratulations on your loss, you must be so thrilled and rightly so. I hope things worked out for your personally. Your always welcome, you know that, you’re one of my founding members. ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Easter to you too, just shows how flexible our 5:2 is….you eat and live normally, just two fasts a week…couldn’t be easier. ๐Ÿ™‚ CG xxxx

JoeeP it was lovely to have you here for a while and of course you’re always welcome.
    Dogie what a hoot…you have 50 packets (I hope not boxes?) of the tea. I love it but boy I sure hope you do too?! Paella sounds perfect with your pantry too.
    Foxy how great to hear from you again – thought we’d lost you. Hope things have settle down for you & so glad that you’ve been able to just stay in control & keep 5:2ing as usual. Wow I so can’t wait to be 70 and then 60 something – big event isn’t it!! You’ve done fabulously losing 20 kilos since Jan 2014 – nice, steady weight loss. Hope you can stay in touch every now & then.
    CG good on you for getting rid of your too big clothes. Now more people might start to notice, especially if you buy some new gear! Nothing like it for the morale.
    Well should just make it within my TDEE with a wine for lunch, cappuccino out, & a chicken curry for dinner.
    Didn’t tell you how sneaky I was yesterday, just don’t tell my OH. He was glued to the footy on TV & I had a craving for those choc licorice logs so …I went hunting. Looked in all his cupboards & drawers (veeery quietly mind you) & eventually found them. Sneaky girl but…good girl, did only pinch ONE!! Once upon a time I would have taken just about the lot, but then once upon a time there wouldn’t have been any left to give to him to guard anyway! suejen XX
    Eggs already boiled for FD tomorrow & smoked salmon for dinner.

JOPEE… wishing you every success in your new venture. you will always be welcome on AUSSIE DETERMINATION… take care.xxx
    FOXY- so good to see your post. congratulations on your progress.
    Did a fast up to 3pm when the neighbours invited us in for drinks ….gone FD… Thank the stars for tomorrow.
    Will use all my willpower to get me through the 36hrs.
    Enjoy your evening team……GO GAL

Suejen, people are noticing my loss all the time and I do love the compliments. 20k’s loss is a bit hard not to notice……….. And how did you stop at one,? We call them bulletts and I adore them but know what would happen if I had them in the house! ๐Ÿ™ congrats on letting your AUSSIE DETERMINATION take over…or was it more of a fear of being found out ๐Ÿ™‚
    GG you and I both my friend!….CG xxxx

Good evening all! Hello there Foxy, Jo and others… Loved reading everyone’s posts – so encouraging ๐Ÿ™‚
    Had a nice healthy lunch out today, until dessert… ‘Nuff said ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hope you had a good determined fast day, Aussie Fasters!
    The rest of us get back in the saddle tomorrow’s onwards.

Thanks CG and everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I won’t forget u; and will keep u posted once I feel I’m making progress and reach my goal weight. Again, all the very best too Cheers and love, Jo

Hi all, it is a positive heat wave here in the U.S. 15 today!
    Yesterday was freezing but I ended up at a swish seafood restaurant. Was very well behaved in my choices BUT…….. my husband found a wiggling thing on his plate just as our party had finished sharing a plate of oysters :-0

So when we had finished our mains the Chef offered us all free desserts. What could I do? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pleased to report we are all completely well a day later so no unhappy endings!
    Hope you all had a great easter! My son who lives in New York is coming to stay today, first time I will have seen him for a year or so. His birthday was on Saturday and he turned 25. I guess he isn’t a baby anymore but he is my youngest son so very excited.

Hi All!
    Well I had one hell of a fast day, completely unintentional and caused by the after effects of a very (too!!) enjoyable night at a friend’s house party. It was a lovely reunion of my family and my friend’s family – we’ve been like one big family since we were children, but don’t get to see each other much since we’ve grown up and moved to different parts of the country. Anyway, a few glasses of wine went completely to my head (must be because I’m so much lighter now, lol ๐Ÿ™‚ ) and I have been so ill today, I can’t even stand the smell of food, never mind eat anything.
    JoeeP – so glad you’ve found something that will work for you and I wish you the best of luck. As everyone else has said, we’re all rooting for you and look forward to hearing of your success.
    Foxy – fantastic weight loss, you’ve got this wol down to a fine art, well done!
    CG – you’re a hoot with the way you tick yourself off, you have such a great attitude.
    Bali, Suejen, GG, Lotus and everyone – you are so right about not feeling guilty and just getting back to fasting when it suits us, this is why we are all in this for the long haul and why we will all succeed.
    Up – we had similar temp here today, lovely and sunny too – but I missed it all lying down in a dark room!! Serves me right! Enjoy the time with your son, it will be lovely!

Good morning team, poor Fit, you really tied one on my friend, that sounds one massive hang over, hope you enjoyed getting it! ๐Ÿ™‚ At least you know you will get better…….
    Upt, how awful, finding ANYTHING strange on your plate, it’s more of a worry of what you DIDN’T find! ๐Ÿ™ but you are all obviously fine so a bonus with your sweets.

Fast day today, even hit the chockies last night..grgrgr, definately the wrong mind set yesterday! Good slap on the wrist so on with it today! And 5:2 allow those days! If anything the “off” days seem to start the zigzags, but none of us have a perminate halo and being human is okay! ๐Ÿ™‚ being hard on ourselves doesn’t do us any favours and we are all so in front of what we used to be.
    Have a happy day, be good to yourself, we will probably feel the chills now as the weather is really heading in the direction of Winter, so hot drinks team, YOU CAN DO IT…also we are a lot lighter and don’t have last Winters padding anymore ๐Ÿ™‚ so think of it as a positive ๐Ÿ™‚
    Make someones day with a smile….CG xxxxx

Hi All, Sorry I haven’t posted for a while but I’m back at study doing my Masters of Teaching and also working full time so…busy is an understatement. Didn’t think I would fast yesterday as it was still a holiday and I had been having lots of social commitments that make fast days hard but turns out my plans were cancelled (dinner plans) and I started out right by not having anything but a cup of tea and a coffee until 6pmish. Delish Chicken breast and veggie stir fry for dinner with my mum who is doing 5:2 now as of about a month ago. ๐Ÿ™‚

No loss to report yet and I am at a bit of a plateau but not too worried.

Hello Everyone,

I went camping!!! No fasting while I was away and too many eggs and wine but lots of games with the teenagers and waking up to birds and bush was wonderful. I’m fasting today to make up for it.

JenMic, thank you so much, it’s so inspiring to have a success story with this bloody thyroid thing! I’d love to get my metabolism back to what it was before. I was curvy but fit and could eat almost anything I wanted.Someone I met suggested fasting for two hours before bed to get the same result so (just maybe…) this could combine well with extending my fast too. I’ll give it a go. Did you skip a dose or halve it when you switched? I do know about dairy products interfering with absorption so I have water with my cereal. Not nearly as nice but does bring the calories down. I make it up with cheese later in the day.

I also have rheumatoid arthritis so walking is sometimes not so good (last week was a bad one) but I swim like a demon. I try to go most days and if I’m feeling good (which is more often than not) I’ll swim a kilometer. If not I walk up and down in the hydro pool and sit in the spa. The great thing about having big kids and being self employed at the moment is that I have the flexibility to go during daylight hours.

Thank you again,

BlueDress

Hello AD’s

Hope you all had a Happy Easter!!

I am back and onto my FD today, happy to report in the last 12 days only put on 2KGS.

Haven’t had time to catch up on all your posts as yet but am hoping you are ALL going great guns!!

Look forward to being back on track as of today.

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the welcome back everyone, I have missed you all, so will try and be a better poster in future! GG tracked me down over Easter, bless her, and it’s nice to be back. Things have settled down a bit for us, but we’ve been really busy at work now the rain is starting to return after summer…..how it makes those gardens grow! Especially the weeds!

CG…..thanks you for your kind words….so great to clean out those big clothes…..I get rid of mine as soon as I try them on now….once I would have kept as a safe guard in case I put on weight again….but not anymore….just know i can sustain this.

UP – our youngest boys are the same age…..mine turned 25 in January. I only see him about once a year so I know how you will be feeling seeing your son and spending time with him…..have fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a good fast yesterday, but hubby didn’t make it past afternoon and the left over sausage rolls in fridge…..he’s doing a semi fast today. I’ve got 2 kg of Easter bloat on so am going to fast tomorrow and Friday as well….Oh and I’m going to attempt the rest of April without any alcohol….bent my arm a fair bit over Easter..

Have a great day everyone and take care x

Hello all you lovely ADs. Congrats to you Foxy and others who are losing weight and centimetres. To,be honest I don’t really enjoy FD but too date have been good and kept my calories to the 500 or sometimes below. I’ve decided that I’m not going to worry to much on NFD – no massive blow outs but a steady as she goes approach. I’m still of the opinion that if one restricts ones calories to 500 twice a week it means 4000 less in a month. I think I’ve got that right. One just must loose weight unless we stuff our faces constantly on NF days. I’ll let you know how this works for me. I have cut down on the carbs I eat and opt for low GI foods.
    I’ve just got back from taking Pepper to the vet for the last of his vaccinations. He howled in the car initially but I’m relieved to report that he did I settle down. He didn’t like the injection though but then who does.
    Oh the joys of country living. Yesterday our water pump had problems and kept tripping the mains. Luckily we have a generator for emergencies but it’s very noisy so only turn it on a few times a day in order to be able to get water to the house. Thankfully an electrician is coming this arvo to sort it out. – I hope!
    CG I guess the worst of your lurgy is behind you now. It’s soup here too today as it’s chilly.
    XX all Doggy

Morning to you amazing 5:2ers. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with family, friends and special moments to remember. Far too many posts to acknowledge, but you all sound like you’ve had a fabulous time. For those who have been very good, well done! For those that have been very naughty (like me), have a successful FD! Hope you all have a great week everyone! CM xx

Morning all had a few too many calories yesterday – a recipe worked out to be far less servings than it said (unless I was a midget), so up went the cals. Then of course I thought why not have a last hot cross bun, and a bit of chocy, and then a hot chocolate.
    So back onto 5:2 today and a FD. Everything planned and ready so there will be no surprises. Planning to have a great week & toss some weight & cms to the kerb as haven’t seen a loss for a while (well been re-losing). But enjoyed all of my easter treats and ready for fasting again. The routing is so ingrained by now that we almost do it automatically don’t we, which is just great. And that’s what makes it doable in the very long-term. And although I did overeat over Easter it was nothing like the amount it would have been a year ago. And sometimes my system told me to back off….you can’t eat that much any more without feeling yuk. Oh the benefits of 5:2 WOL forever I say.
    Have a great week all & plan ahead…that’s always my biggest challenge but I’m learning. sj

Hi team, I made an executive decision….on my second trip to town to do some shopping….first trip. Forgot my purse, my Mother would not have owned me if she’d of heard me!
    My decision is, I’m very happy the way I am, I have come from almost 100k to 75k (on good days) I’m happy with my shape and how my clothes fit. I don’t wish to be skinny again (56k early twenties) as I couldn’t carry it at 64….So the scales are back under the bed, I will stick with my 5:2 but not get overly upset if I go to 600 cals on fast days, and as I rarely eat up to my TDEE I’ll just keep eating healthy smaller meals. The scales and numbers are becomming obsessive and life controlling. Should I still drop weight, then that’s the design of my body and intake. I would like to go down another 5k but in due course, no hurry, I don’t want to berate myself for having a bit of chocky or a couple of glasses of wine. My diet as such is so much smaller and healthier than it has been for years. I don’t say I’ve reached my goal as I don’t think I really had one, just sick of carrying so much excess weight on my skeleton. My really bad habits have ceased, I treat food (dairy, cheese, butter) with respect now so surely it will help overall.
    So with all that said, fasting today, asparagus soup from summer for lunch and chicken breast with mushrooms for dinner. My cappuccino mid arvo and supper and that is all there is to it.
    Have a happy day team, please don’t be too hard on yourself, you are all doing so well, you are NOT eating as you used to, the pig outs are less and less, your old habits are gone, this IS a way of life, not a diet, just portion control and conscious decisions of food choices… ๐Ÿ™‚ CG xxxx

CG, there is wisdom in what you are saying (not what you said when you discovered you had forgotten your purse though ๐Ÿ™‚ )

You have come to a level of contentment, and a better understanding of your body and its needs, and with this and 5:2, you will continue to drop in weight gradually. That way, your skin will have a better chance of keeping up, too. Congratulations on your journey, and your successes!

I am in the same space, but have pretty well reached my goal, so will continue 5:2 for health and to maintain as I don’t count calories. This week, however, I am doing a week of no-frills, cutting out the alcohol and any remaining sugary stuff, having semi-fasts, skipping some a.m.breakfasts, to see if I can improve my sleeping habits, which seem to have stemmed from menopause, but for a long time were triggered by eating rich food in the evenings. So I am hoping a low-carbo and below TDEE diet will fix my brain, which is where the problem now lies, I’m sure. Having announced my plan, I will have to stay honest now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Barata I see so many scrawny elderly or anorexic young ones around, I feel I’m happy still having shape, a bust (which has really shrunk) and just body shape.. I never want to be so over weight again..EVER… But if going this way, takes the “pressure” off and I stabilise, I’m happy. Again, another 5k would be great, and it will happen, but in time. I’m wearing size 14 jeans ….don’t know that I saw 16 much, seem to go from 18-20 straight to it, some tops I like big, depending on cut and style, but at 64 and 5’5″ I can carry this weight happily. I’ll still fast but not be counting on NFD any more or weighing daily! If I feel clothes are getting a bit tight to do up (jeans) I’ll count again but just want to cruise now and enjoy the benefits. Happy fasting team, don’t gauge your loss on others, you are an individual and your body will control itself. If your intake is less and you are eating healthier than before 5:2, if you meal sizes are small, you have to come out in front ๐Ÿ™‚ …CG xxxx

Brava CG! Well done!
    This is a great place to arrive at in one’s mind, being happy with the current situation, but open to change too, if it occurs naturally.

I just finished my second fast day today. It was easier the second day. Needing to get some weight off but really want to do something for my brain and to deter rheumatoid arthritis. Good luck to you all. This is simple but not easy. I am looking forward to re-envisioning my relationship to food.
    Good vibes from Portland.

Thank you Lotus, unsure if it will make much difference, 5:2 is so ingrained in my WOE and I’ll still be fasting, just not counting or weighing. Actually, the same as Doggy is doing, which really is the basis of 5:2 when you think about. Not once in his special did Michael mention TDEE so I’ll basically be doing the original.
    Raven, welcome to our AUSSIE DETERMINATION thread. We help and support you with full encouragement all the way. It DOES get easier each time you fast, it becomes second nature. If your mind set is right and you don’t obsess with food, it goes really quick. Have a boild egg mid arvo to stop the hungries if needed, and hot teas are a blessing. Good luck, ask any questions you wish, one of our team will assist you…CG xxx

Welcome Raven, and goodluck to you.
    “To begin is easy and to continue is difficult, but success lies in continuing”.
    (Paraphrased from a Buddhist saying)
    I have to say though, that fasting itself is a relatively easy habit to form, but I find managing cravings on feed days still a challenge lol (been at it for three-ish months with great results till date)

Our posts crossed CG, good point, I think by the time he wrote his book, he had to bring up TDEE, so many new fasters at the time lost hope because they took the “eat what you like” a bit literally and didn’t end up losing any weight, so they had to adjust it to “eat what you like but not how much ever” lol

Viewing 50 posts - 4,051 through 4,100 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.