Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,001 through 4,050 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi Fit, thank you for the advice, my children are away for Easter, my Son is working (baker, busy time) but probably better away from me rather than pick it up. They are ringing daily so staying in touch. Wow, now that’s motivation, 7k in 2 weeks, bit drastic though πŸ™‚ just hope it passes quicker than that. I thought I was starting to “mend” yesterday but not to be. I keep telling myself, nothing is urgent, so rest rest rest. Your right too about my immune system and the injection… Nice to get it off my chest too. Have a great day πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

CG, fasting is not recommended when you are unwell, apparently fasting causes the body some stress, and that will put more pressure on the poor bod trying to get better.
    In a word, enjoy thyself, rest, have fun etc. If you could lose even 5 kilos just fighting this flu, you won’t need to do much else. πŸ™‚
    It was there on the FAQ tab, but we can’t click the tab without losing the post.
    I remember watching him on Gladiator with a lot of girlfriends, – none of us were interested in the movie or storyline. But Brad Pitt. In a skirt. ’nuff said πŸ™‚

Fit – I love the alliteration to the name – Miss Fit Shines. Cute!

SJ – I had a great fast yesterday too, and so glad you kept me company (in long distance). I really wanted to have a sandwich this morning, but had it as open-face, so halved the bread portion.
    And you did not come across as smug at all, its really encouraging for the rest of us to know we can fall off the wagon a bit, but hop back on without long-term effect. Like CG says, it is a very forgiving WOL ( when we are not being AWOL on this WOL)

CG, sad to hear you are fighting the lurgies. Get well soon, and in the meantime, I like the sloth plan. Lotus, I’m not sure about not fasting when unwell. Lots of studies seem to indicate that a body that is not busy digesting can put more energy into fighting the disease. But that might not apply to a bacterium or virus. I’m sticking my neck out here as I am not a medical or fasting expert, just one of us guinea-pigs! πŸ™‚ Now ducking for cover, among all of you nurses and practitioners!

Hi fellow AD’s. CG I do so empathise with you. I had a real bad dose of the lurgy about 6 months ago. I felt as though I’d been ridden over by a Mac truck. I’m sure I wasn’t hungry at all and just made sure I kept up with the fluids. What I pity I can’t cyberspace myself across Bass Strait to come and give you some TLC.
    Does anyone know what’s happened to Flemmy? I haven’t seen her posts for ages. I think her dad had been diagnosed with Emphysema or some other nasty.
    Yesterday I felt flat but would you believe it. This morning my little pooch slept till almost 6 am. That I can cope with as I’d had a good nights sleep.
    FD here today. I had LC Malaysian Laksa soup for brekkie. – 178 Cals. I’ve got some of Lotus’s tofu and veg soup for dinner. Lunch probably a boiled egg. I had good intentions of cooking up a storm today but the lazy bug has bitten me. It’s cold and wet here today. I’m so grateful that my AC is working again. I might just turn it on and settle down with a good book.
    Take care all and CG you get well soon.
    Doggy woof woof

Doggy isn’t your OH due home today? Poor Pepper might have his nose put out of joint having to share you. On the other hand….could find a new play mate. Weather does alter our moods, as much as I love Winter, it can give you the blues if not careful. It’s just simply dressing for the weather and be grateful inside jobs can be done now, although not many of us get bored enough to start on cupboards till the end of Winter when there is no alternative πŸ™ my pantry is desperately in need of a tidy up, but that is a day job and needs concerntration, not today Josephine!
    Barata, your not sticking your neck out, even in this century they dan’t cure the common cold so all remedies are worth a try, as much as women hate “resting” it does help, plenty of fluids and staying warm and cosy.
    Thank you all for the kind wishes, I’ll be fine, just hate being off colour, better nurse than patient like most!
    Agree about Brad Pitt, nice bit of eye candy no matter what he’s doing, even at my age πŸ™‚
    Have a happy day team, you’ll get through with your AUSSIE DETERMINATION…CG xxx

Hi Everyone,

this week not so good for me either. Pain and deprivation shouldn’t go together if you can help it! I’ve been feeling sorry enough for myself without denying myself walnuts and cheese. And at least I’m not fighting a bug, it’s just a unfortunate part of the new me. I have been binge watching The Walking Dead so there has been some pluses. I expect that there are some on the scales too. Anyway, I’m dragging myself off to the pool to sit in the spa this morning so that will be good. There is a small group of regulars like me who tend to spend quite a bit of time in the bubbles. Most of us don’t speak the same language but we all smile and nod, which is nice.

Cheers,

BD

Hi Barata

No you were not sticking your neck out! You have a good point, I did read the following advise though…

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

“Can I fast if I am feeling unwell?
    Best not to. Fasting will stress your body, that seems to be one of the ways that it helps (stress provokes repair), but you shouldn’t over stress.”

CG feeling for you friend, wish we were closer to be of more practical help. Think you shouldn’t overload on food while feeling this unwell but, having said that, also think you should go with what takes your fancy too and hang the calorie content. Thanks for the good advice re poaching whole chickens. Have one in the freezer that I can use this way. Love rice in chicken soup and the taste of green capcicum and garlic in the veg content. πŸ™‚

SJ your poached chicken breasts sound lovely too. Thanks. Glad you are over the hump.

Fit your post came across as encouraging, not a Miss Goodie Twoshoes in sight!

I was asked out to dinner last night and the meal dished up was so carb laden and I didn’t say a thing but ate it all!!! Groan. Feel kind of sluggish today so not sure what effect it will have on the scales tomorrow. At least as it is a FD for me I can undo some of it.

For all you ‘golden oldie’ ADers I found a jar of Bonox in the back of my pantry. Bit more beef soupish than vegemite and only 8 cals per teaspoon in hot water. Bit of white pepper and it makes a very satisfying ‘soup’ drink.

TTFN everyone, off to grocery shop,yuk not yum on a FD but out of just about everything. Good chance to drive the new car tho. πŸ™‚

CG rest up and eat whatever takes your fancy – in small amounts of course, which is probably all you feel like anyway. Be kind to yourself dear.
    YY I agree that carb laden meals do make you feel sluggish these days. Amazing the difference the our new WOL makes.
    Had a great recipe again for dinner last night & it’s only 250 calories or less. You can find it here http://www.52recipes.co.uk/2013/02/20/sausage-casserole/ Now I love a sausage now & then & red lentils I really like too. It’s a truly simple, straightforward recipe (even if you don’t cook much) and sort of a soup/casserole combo. Only tricky part is that she lists 1/2 pint of red lentils which is the stupidest way to list a dry ingredient. However I use 300ml or 300gr whichever way you wish to measure is the same (roughly 1/2 a pint). On MFP it actually works out to only 201 calories so go figure! Depends on the sausages I guess. Anyway it’s pretty low cal, easy & tasty & makes enough for 2 meals for me & OH. Give it a try. Freezes well too.
    Enjoying a NFD today before I head into my last this week for a 4:3. Have a great day all & think of those cute tushes down the track! sj

Afternoon AD’s….. I have returned from the deep SOUTH…. Sydney that is… My sweet Dad had a heart attack in the early hours of Saturday morning. He has an enlarged heart and significant renal dysfunction. His condition improved and he was stable enough to be discharged home in the care of my sister. His journey has began. Home is where he needs to be ,with all of us esp the granchildren who keep his spirits up. We have a wonderful GP who will be there at any time.
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND KIND THOUGHTS.
    CG- S sorry that you are no better…. pls look after yourself. Try inhalations of steam if you have no vicks to sniff and DON’T EVEN CONSIDER FASTING ! you need your fuel to fight this.
    LOTUS- Great post on 1/4/15.
    FIT- well done
    DOGGIE- Oscar had not seen me for 5 days…. he was not sure who I was!….I think he was annoyed that he did not have a special birthday as he turned 2yrs on the 30/3/15. OH is flavour of the week.
    UP- so glad the USA is allowing you to have a great time …keep warm
    SUEJEN- So glad you did not give up …it will be alright.
    Well! so much for my intentions to get back on track last week… it all went out the window. I put on 2kgs and am now 75kgs which was my goal weight in December 2015…. I planned to be 70kgs for my birthday and trip to Melbourne . I have 20 days to go , will have to do some of my famous B2B in the next 2 weeks.
    Have a HAPPY EASTER TEAM Don’t say No to many times to the Bilby or Bunny!… LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL…….GO GAL

Welcome GG, I have emailed you, so glad you’re back and that the news is better than expected. Don’t be too hard on yourself my love, 2k is nothing as we all know and with Easter upon us, no respected ckocky lover can resist, so enjoy, it’s only once a year, watch portions, if at all possible, and we will all ge back on track Monday, Tues, Wed……. Shortly anyway, once the chocky has all gone. 75k is a very respectable weight too so don’t fret. Take care, put your feet up, and take a deep breath. We are all glad you’re back… CG xxxx

Go Gal, so relieved for you, things turned out better for your Dad. Please take some well-deserved rest. Thanks for acknowledging my post too πŸ™‚
    Take care team, and have a Happy Easter Break!!

Suejen – I checked out the recipe, and it looks yummy! But could they mean cooked lentils? Then the pint would make sense then. I would think its better enter it as cooked lentils in the MFP and check out calorie values…

Go Gal, good news on the Dad front. You’ll get back on track in no time now the stress has lifted somewhat for you. Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men go astray and as CG said don’t fret, you’ll get there πŸ™‚

Lotus the recipe definitely read as for dried lentils, agree SJ its a stupid way of measuring so thanks for the approx. weight. Sounds good. YY xx

Hi team, I found your recipe on another site and it is 150grams red lentils…hope that helps…CG xxx

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER TEAM and if you’re out on the roads, please be careful
    All the best, hope the Easter Bunny is good to you all.. πŸ™‚ …. CG xxxxx

Thanks YY!
    And thanks CG, you take care too

Hi All!
    GG – glad you back with us. I’m so happy for you that your dad is back home where he belongs and cared for and surrounded by loved ones. Be kind to yourself now, the weight will come off in time so don’t put yourself under stress about it. I’m sure you need a little time to regroup after the shock you had.
    Lotus – ‘Miss Fit’ shining through as usual with kind words of wisdom.
    Doggy – glad your little pepper pot seems to be settling at last! A good night’s sleep makes all the difference to how we feel and how well we can tackle whatever life throws at us.
    BD – sorry to hear you’re not feeling the best and I hope the spa cheers you up. Don’t forget we are all here for you, so let it all out and we’ll help any way we can.
    Yum – thank you for kind words. I so agree with how carbs feel so bloating and yuck the day after…our systems are definitely changing, which has to be a good thing and will pay off in the long run.
    Best of luck for the weekend – chocolatey or not! – enjoy the long weekend if you’re having one πŸ™‚

Hi All
    GG relieved to hear your news about your Dad & that your sister is able to look after him…and a wonderful GP by the sound of it. Don’t worry about that 2 kilos like I did, mine has nearly disappeared so it’s only another week added to your journey. And what’s that in the scheme of things really!? Your Dad’s journey is much more important.
    Sausage Casserole – works really well with the 300g of red lentils. It would be too runny with only 150g I think. And it’s low cal already. But try it & see how you go. 1/2 pint is equivalent to about 287mls or something, others said 300 so I found that easier to work with.
    Everyone else have a great Easter & long weekend (if having one) and enjoy some treats in moderation. That’s what I’m going to try and do but not go overboard like I did last weekend! I’m VERY good at it LOL. Have the second half of my Sausage Casserole for dinner so all good. It’s soo filling. I love it. And a glass of wine has already been consumed and enjoyed.
    Take care on the roads. We are a tourist town & we get extremely busy over Easter. And we have no traffic lights to cope with such heavy traffic. So we basically decide that we’re not going to even try to cross over from east to west of town (over the main road), unless absolutely necessary. It will be like that for the next 2 weeks or so and then we get our little town back until the summer arrives again. We love the autumn/winter…we have the town to ourselves! And we don’t have to shop at 7.30am to get what we want!! suejen

Hi everyone

GG I am glad your Dads ok your stress levels will drop now as well as the weight.

CG hope you are feeling better as the days go on.

So my Monday fast I resisted hot cross buns and chocolate. Had some on Tuesday. Thrusday fast resisted again. Weighed in another 500 grams gone now 19kg gone. so for brekky I had some of chocolate bunny given to me yesterday scanned it on my fitness pal reads 122 calories, huh, looked on side there are 7 servings in one cadbury chocolate bunny, so I had about half, gulp no more till tomorrow.

I bought a Fitbit to track my steps, let’s just say non gym days sitting in an office, I tracked a normal day it was 6500 steps nowhere near the 10000. So I the rest of the week some extra walking and jogging on spot in bathroom at work, (with no one around) I have pushed to the 10000. I think this has been part of my downfall not enough movement everyday.

Have a lovely Easter hope everyone spends some time with friends and family. Not too many eggs and some exercise.
    I am off for a walk along Torquay foreshore this morning a bit chilly

I haven’t sen my feet for years
    A fact that brings me close to tears
    Tiss all because of big fat tum
    Not to mention saggy bum

But now I’m on the diet five two
    It’s not too difficult to do
    I’m losing inches from that bulge
    A fact I’m happy to divulge

I’m staying away from junk like chips
    That do add inches to ones hips
    Instead I’m eating low GI
    and hope to reach right BMI

I May not be size twelve yet
    But before too long I’ll put a bet
    That I will reach my ideal dream
    And you’ r all with me AD Team

Doggy that’s wonderful, clever girl! Very. Good!
    Good morning team and this beautiful Good Friday. Well good news for me today, 76k but down 2cm from bust…2 cm from waist too, so feelin’ good. Even my flu/virus feels like it’s on the move, starting to get rid of the muck which is great.
    Don’t forget often weighing two days after a fast will show a better result, but maybe not while the chocky is in the house or being offered πŸ™‚ oh yuuuum.
    Have a lovey day team, remember what it is for and the beautiful story that goes with it, and the joy of Easter Sunday.
    I’ll be having two meals of fish today, which I love anyway, so how healthy is that? Enjoy your time with family and friends team, it’s a special time and one to make memories. Try not to be too hard on yourself either, you deserve to let your hair down, kick your heels up, live your life as you should πŸ˜† and enjoy the beauty around you…CG xxxxx

Ooohhh, I just filled in my tracker and have lost …65cm…overall in FAT!!! plus 23.5k since June last year, yahoooo…. Don’t cha just love 5:2??? Yes, slow and steady, YOU CAN DO IT TEAM…hope your day is as happy as mine πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ …CG xxxx

CG you are truly an inspiration, so pleased for you. Have a lovely weekend getting better and better! Always feel this is a special time too, the Easter story as important as the Christmas story … lovely.

Doggie you are a hoot, love it.

Bali have to confess I didn’t resist the hot cross bun breakfast today, toasted with lashings of butter so I’ve probably equalled your chocky bit. Maybe they cancelled each other out!!!! I wish πŸ™‚

Fit gorgeous long weekend here, bright blue sky and going to be a balmy 30 deg. May change by Sunday/Monday to cloudy with a chance of rain though. Hope your weekend is great with lots of family and friends. YYxx

Hi again. GG. I’m so pleased for you that your dad is out of hospital. It is so very worrying when one’s loved one’s are Ill.
    CG yes my OH got home yesterday. Pepper was delighted to have someone else to make a fuss of him. He was a tad disconcerted when Rob took himself off to bed very early. Jet lag and all that.
    It was B. Cold here in our part of Tassie this morning. I took Pepper for walk before breakfast. We did not see another soul. It’s almost mid afternoon now and beautifully bright and sunny. I’ve changed my bed and put on the winter duvet. I’m rather hoping it does not warm up again to spite me!
    Have a lovley Easter everyone and stay safe. There always seem to be so many tragic road crashes at this time of year. I don’t care how much people chose to drink but for some the ” drink, drive, bloody idiot ” has not hit home.
    Cheers all.
    Doggy

Hi All Dogie love your poem very clever. Just home from playing keyboard for our Good Friday service – it was a special one. YY had a hot cross bun for brekky too so my 4:3 has gone out the door. Too looking forward to a wine to stick to it today – feels too holidayee (new word!) if you know what I mean. OH just this minute suggested a picnic at the beach or the bush so definitely not fasting today. Never mind 5:2 will forgive me. I’m just 400g up from my best weight last week so 2 fasts next week will see me back on track. Lovely sunny day out there and gotta get a bit of the action.
    Oh CG nearly forgot you’re AMAZEBALLS!!! Talk about our Madam President leading the way & setting a great example. 65cm don’t understand how people have missed that!!! Let’s hope you were right too about your cold lifting also so you can truly enjoy your efforts.
    I was sneaky yesterday. I bought some of those choc licorice logs that I love. But I knew that I couldn’t have the packet sitting anywhere looking at me or I’d devour the lot. So…….I gave the packet to OH & he has hidden it somewhere & will give me 1 piece after lunch or dinner, or that might become lunch & dinner! Yummo and manageable for me. Also have one small egg there waiting for Sunday – better look up those cals first though.
    Might need to go for a long walk after that picnic too Bali. Havaluverlyday suejen

Hi Everyone & Happy Easter!
    CG – Congrats to you – what an outcome. 65cm & 23.5kg. That’s fantastic & you must be feeling on top of the world! So glad that bug is starting to break too.
    GG – Happy your Dad is on the mend. It’s always a worry at that age isn’t it?
    Doggie – great poem!
    Suejen – Margaret River must be bursting at the seams! All very quiet in Perth (they’re all in MR) & its a stunning day. Enjoy your picnic, you will be back on track in no time with a couple of FDs.
    YY – Must be beautiful down your way too.

Well, here is another thrilled ADer this morning! After 7.5 weeks I broke through 66kg (65.8) as well as hitting my 2nd goal of 5kg. Very happy! This WOL really does work & I feel great. If you’d told me when I started that I’d be here now, I wouldn’t have believed you. Thank you guys (& Dr M) for all your support, advice & knowledge as well as those handy kicks-in-bum & LOL moments! I think my reward to myself will be a FitBit…and maybe one of those pesky eggs that I have been hiding out of sight. Get prepared for the Great AD FitBit Challenge!
    Have a wonderful Easter everyone. Yahoo!!
    CM xx

Inspiring words, Doggie. Great to know we have such creative people among us.

GG, glad to hear that your Dad is improving, and will continue to do so with family care and love.

Well done, CG!!! As Yum Yum says, inspirational and fearless leader, in spite of everything that is happening in your life and health. And CM, another milestone to celebrate! Thrilled with you. πŸ™‚

I enjoyed a chocolate bunny this morning, from boss as mark of appreciation, didn’t eat it yesterday when I received it (so a bit of halo!)

SJ, good work on the licorice logs. You will enjoy them as they are allocated, so nice to have a supportive and understanding OH.

Happy Easter to you all, and relaxxxxxxx.

Good Friday…. And its fish for dinner with salad tonight. Have semi fasted most of the day until OH made crustkits with cottage cheese and tomatoe …. had 4 sooo good.
    DOGGIE – your poem is wonderful and thank you for your kind words.
    BALI-Thank you for your thoughts and keep mov’in
    FIT- Just liken your NICK NAME—Miss Fit!
    YUM YUM-so true .. the EASTER STORY is just as important as the CHRISTMAS STORY have a great Easter . and thank you for your thoughts.
    CG as always its good to talk to you …..many hugs.
    I am going to be a copy cat and check this FITBIT thingy out.
    Take care on the roads team no matter how short or far you are driving. MY town is flooded with tourists and rain……. RELAX AND ENJOY……GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi All!
    Bali – well done on your weight loss to date and on getting the fitbit, I’m sure you will be managing the 10,000 steps every day in no time at all.
    Doggy – great poem, so funny and so true! We’ve all been there!
    CG – what an amazing weight loss journey. You are the original Aussie Determinator!! Huge respect and gratitude to you for leading and inspiring everyone here. So glad you are finally starting to feel better too. Xx
    Yum – I’m very jealous of your gorgeous weather, it’s continuing to be wet, windy and cold here but nothing a bit of easter egg won’t solve!!! Just have to ration it and try not to overdo the chocolate…..big challenge for me!
    CM – woohoo for breaking through the 66s, go you!!!
    Happy Easter to everyone. Good Friday morning here, will be fasting today because my fast day yesterday was scuppered by my sister arriving out of the blue and we went out for lunch with my two girls and we visited a nephew to see his new house. Lovely family time!
    Will be singing in church today, tomorrow and Sunday (also last night), so my halo is well and truly gleaming!!!!! Have a lovely weekend πŸ™‚

Good evening . It’s a joy to hear all your wonderful stories of winning by losing ( kilos and inches)! Esp. CG, CM, SJ and others. πŸ™‚
    Had a long drive and picnic lunch day. Not sure about cals there was rice, veggies, pasty, a little choc egg etc. I recorded it all and its comes to about 1000 cals. Sure it’s undreported but can’t be stuffed fiddling with the app. Anyway, 4:3 is out the window this week. Oh well, “such is life”.
    Will be back in better form next week as this weekend is filled with social events. πŸ™‚
    Stay well everyone!

Lovely reading this morning,ladies!
    I was meant to fast yesterday but ended up being invited out for Mexican….
    Strangely, Good Friday isn’t necessarily a holiday here and it is business as usual where my husband is working, also the shops are open.

I would hardly know it was easter. No hot cross buns available and little fuss about the eggs, no ads, massive displays etc.
    A veritable heatwave of 19 expected today yet no sun. Back to 9 degrees tomorrow!
    I think I am just saying the same at the moment. It is hard to find fast days at the moment because I have new friends inviting me everywhere.

I think I mentioned previously about the Insomnia Cookie shop below me that delivers warm cookies until 3 am. I also have a candy store, a cafe, a restaurant, a burger bar, a mexican restaurant, a Subway and a 7/11. All literally steps from my door! This is a university town, full of young folk who can eat what they want. You will be pleased to know that I have not been inside most of them, including the burger bar and the candy store!
    Have a great easter everyone.

HI All just reading on another 5:2 site & found this very interesting article re plateaus. Now CG I know you’re over yours now but I’m sure all of us will have to face one from time to time. So here’s the link in case it’s your turn or mine! 7 weeks seems to be a common figure. http://www.the52dietplan.com/losing-weight-again-5-2-diet-plateau/
    Also a really nice 300cal lasagne recipe on there too that I might try, though I know lots of you don’t have carbs. Off to bed. suejen

Morning Everyone

Did 2 days of fast and tried to do one yesterday (but sorry hot cross buns with butter did me in) … so today I try again and know that I will be OK. Weigh in for me this morning 78.5 down 1kg total (8.2) so on the way to the 10kg mark.

Sorry everyone for this next post but I really hope it helps.

BlueDress – I have underactive thyroid and put on 20kg after I had my children in my 30’s. Felt sluggish with 2 parts of the brain for so many years but read somewhere that taking the medication in the middle of the night lets the body aborbed the tablet better – for me this works, I wake up around 2.00 to go to the toilet and just have a drink of water and my tablet (most nights) if I miss this I take it first thing, be careful of coffee as it interfers with the absorption. Also the totally amount of bombardment that we receive eg eat six small meals a day, have 3 meals per day, don’t eat between meals, have breakfast etc etc – question if I’m not hungry why am I having breakfast?

After reading a post from CG, I stopped eating breakfast as I was never hungrey first thing in the morning and if the system is effected by the thyroid why do we follow advice designed for the people without this disease? For the odd occasions that I have had my normal muselli with low fat milk and toast, I have been so tired – so realise that some foods don’t sit well for me. This also occurs if I have a milk hot chocolate. I take lots of vitamins and minerals including a 1000mg krill oil, thyroid health and these do help but I must mention as the posts from the lovely people on 5:2 Aussie Determination have made, magnesium – helps so much. The 5:2 works really well for us and I have a clearer brain when I’m on my Fast Days.

Exercise – I’m a person who needs to have a regular time that has become a habit (like brushing your teeth). At 56 I jog (but you could probably walk faster than me) to ensure my continued commitment I get up at 5:20 and out the door by 6:00 on a weekday and maybe 7:00 on the weekends. Started out by doing a long walk and jogging for 1 minute walking 5 minutes and over weeks increased the jog and decreased the walk now warmup 5 minutes (walk jog 5 minutes walk 1 minute) x 4 then warm down walk 5 minutes. Feels great at the end and not too hard, have lots of water and my vitamins on return. Nobody is up in my house and putting demands on me at this time and in the afternoons there are always things to be done .. so me time is this jog. Its raining here and dark as I’m about to head out the door – have raincoat, ear phone (only use one so can hear cars/people around me)and will stay under the street lights ….. off I go… it’s not snowing/blowing a gale so what’s my excuse … a little water haaa Aussie Determination I have.

Hope this helps.

Sue Jen, nice post, I read the blog and going through 75-77 kilo semi-plateau (see-saw?) for the past three weeks, it was really encouraging to read first thing in the morning. Will try the lasagne, but probably with Quorn or just mushrooms, as don’t eat beef.

JenMic, lovely post – thanks for explaining it so well. I kind hoped at a stage that my weight gain was a naughty thyroid, but but fortunately (?) it was all normal πŸ™‚ I want to start jogging but hate running and now have a bunged up left knee so usually, weights twice a week and walking heaps every day. Lost about about 8 kilos to date on this WOL from Jan beginning this year. Which is amazing has as the weight has not moved with any other diet.

Have a happy Saturday people!

Good morning team, late post today…for me anyway…been stuck on the phone with Foxtel 40 bl… Minutes, why don’t they employ people who know what they are talking about…golly the service is dear enough surely we deserve better customer service…Rant over sorry
    Well as found before, weighing two days after a fast is sometimes better and this morning…dadhhh…75.8k YABBBADABBBAAADOOOO!
    Haven’t seen 75.anything for as far back as I can remember! Even with the chocky yesterday (which is still in transit) I’m over the moon.
    Suejen, haven’t yet had a chance to read your directed post on plateaus but will shortly, thanks for that, we all have them, no matter what we do and they are so damn frustrating. πŸ™
    Lotus, you don’t need to jog, just get out and walk, then some fast walking, then back to normal, as the HIT program, slow, fast, slow fast…same if not better results than jogging, even just normal walking, and make your distance bigger every couple of days. πŸ™‚
    Jenmac, your doing so well with the exercise, we have to do what works for us!
    Upt, wow, I’d be a gonner in that area, living in the country, ANY takeaway is rare due to distance, you’re showing your true AUSSIE DETERMINATION good ON you.
    Fit, what a wonderful person you are, shiney halo and all, no scarcasm meant either, it’s wonderful to be involved with the church group.
    Well team, ready for my overdue shower, thanks to Foxtel, then out on my ride on on this glorious sunny day. Feels warm already, oh how I love Autumn.
    Enjoy your day no matter what you do, perfect day to make some tracks team… πŸ™‚ CG xxx this is YOUR day, don’t waste it πŸ™‚

By the way team, I NEVER eat breakfast, my fast gets broken around 1.00-2.00pm with lunch. I sometimes make a cappiccino around 10.00-11.00 and that sustains me. I find breaky makes me sluggish….as lunch often does too, so good excuse for a Nanny nap, but chores are usually done by then. I always had a big country breakfast on weekends, and either cereal or toast through the week, sometimes both, but I’m just not hungry when I get up now, just desperate for my milky coffee… πŸ™‚ CG xxxxxx

Well so much for my shiny halo…it slipped big time today! Moving my fast day from Thursday to Friday didn’t work at all. I usually have breakfast and late light dinner, but had to eat dinner in the afternoon to suit the rest of the family and then couldn’t stop grazing for the rest of the day.
    CG – that’s fantastic to be in the 75s, you so deserve it after all you’ve been through lately, well done!
    JenMic – congrats on your loss too! I’m in awe of you getting up that early to do exercise and I feel ashamed of how lazy I am. You’re amazing!
    Lotus – great loss to date too, but I’m with you about hating running….a brisk walk is about my limit and that’s mostly because my dog dictates the pace!
    Don’t think I can face trying a fast day again tomorrow after two aborted attempts and yet I really need a good one before launching into Easter egg on Sunday. Help!!!!!!

CG- big congratulations!!! And will implement the HIT walk next week ( next week- now where have heard hat before hmmm??)
    Fit: thanks mate. And for pre-Sunday fast, maybe eat sparingly the day before and try thinking of it as a fast? Think of the guilt free trays you can then have Sunday πŸ™‚ Although I have confess that has not worked with me, I the discipline of saying that I am on fast, can only eat less than 500 cals is better as “eat sparingly” diktat gets lost in translation by evening πŸ™‚

Thanks team, Fit, don’t think in terms of aborted fasts, your intake would still have been lower than a NF day, so you still come out ahead.
    Lotu Next Week is an ongoing theme in my home at the moment. With the soreness I’m consoling myself with NEXT WEEK….but TODAY, I’m feeling good so will tackle the mowing, hoping the energy level will boost itself back to normal. Strange how a virus can knock the socks off any willpower, so today is the first day of NEXT WEEK, for me! πŸ™‚ xxxx CG

Ha ha true that CG πŸ™‚

Morning all CG atta girl you’re doing great. JenMic congrats on your 1kg loss too aaand heading to the 10kg mark. Woohoo for you & won’t be long the way you’re going. Boy & also have to say that I admire your grit & aussie determination to exercise early. Lotus you’ve also lost 8 kilos & obviously the walking is doing just fine for you. Fit just run with things for now (like me – I gave up on my attempt at 4:3 with hols on). Enjoy Easter & the family, maybe put your egg into MFP tomorrow & then work things around that – not a FD but just eat well within your TDEE. Then you’ll know you haven’t blown anything. You know you’ll be back on track next week.
    Had a lovely picnic yesterday at the beach & went for a bit of a slog along the beach (hard work that!). But then just had one scrambled egg for dinner to balance things out. Was well and truly under my TDEE. Weigh-in today and I’m .3kg up still & measurements the same. Next week I’ll knock that on the head. Have a great relaxing day all and (dare I say it) watch the chocky intake! suejen

Morning all. UP You have more willpower than me! I’d be going for the full experience I think and work sensible days around that. You can always catch up once home. If I remember correctly you are only going to be there for about 3 months so have an experience to remember πŸ™‚
    JenMic I’m envious of your exercise regime but my knees have 12 years on yours and foot problems mean I structure exercise around them too. Do try the HIT walk on a good day.
    Fit I’ve relaxed this weekend, very hard with visits, outings etc. Not to mention hot cross buns and chocks. My mantra is ‘next week’ which may turn out to be a Tuesday FD seeing Monday is also a holiday. So enjoy all the company and fellowship this weekend brings.
    New lease of life CG – how good is that? Have a lovely day friend.
    Lotus and SJ you are both so factual about your 5:2 journey, really helpful. Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies. YY xx

Greetings all. I forgot to mention yesterday that I had lost another 500 gms. Plus the odd centimetres off. Not a lot but it’s steady as she goes. So far I haven’t pigged out on chokkies or hot cross buns but just because I haven’t bought any – yet.
    I also agree with the walking not jogging theory. I too have crook knees so most of my exercise is walking.
    CG I agree with you re Foxtel. I know we live in a multicultural society but when one can’t understand what the tech people are saying its a problem.
    Uptight it sounds as though you live in an interesting neighbourhood. Is it any wonder that The USA is a nation of obese people.
    I’ve just had a text to say my son is at the Epworth having sutures to his finger that he split while playing footy. Poor thing, it must be painful. We always worry about them not matter what their age, not so?
    Enjoy your weekend all.
    Cheers Doggy.

Hi All!
    This is why I love this thread and you gang….such words of wisdom and support. I know I will find a way to enjoy the treats this weekend without doing too much damage and I can get straight back on the horse as often as necessary! Life is good, I’m healthy and have lots of lovely family and friends so I’ll take my cue from all you wonderful people and adapt this wol to my needs and not the other way round. So thank you all for keeping me on an even keel. Have a great weekend; enjoy life, good company, fine weather (if you’re lucky!), a few treats, a glass of wine and lots of laughter – definitely the best medicine! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Yes Fit you got it! You put it well -adapt our WOL to your needs, & NOT the other way round. The weight loss will come – if not this week with Easter around, maybe it’s next week (though I have to admire those who HAVE lost this week – well done).
    I’ve had a hot cross bun with butter today, a coffee & cake out (small mind you) and then moussaka (home cooked) for dinner with a glass of wine. Still came in well under my TDEE. Gotta luvit!! The Moussaka was just delish – lots of calories but I fitted it in! Lunch was fairly simple so that helped a lot.
    Hope you’ve all had a great day & are enjoying the Easter break. YumYum my mantra has also become “next week” too – it’s more realistic for me as I know that’s how it will play out! No good pretending that I’m any different. But the difference this time is that I AM watching my TDEE so my weight should not go up at all, while I’m enjoying the special foods of Easter time, friends and family. Go 5:2 you rock!!! And next week I will surely lose.
    And Fit YES the weather has been beautiful here. Never mind…you can remind us how beautiful it is over there when we’re in the depths of winter. suejen

Hi all, yes, I am trying but I think I have put a little on. :-0

Fasting today, so hoping to get back on track but so many new things to try. Cold weather means I just don’t want to go for the salad! My son will visit from New York on Monday for a few days and I have asked him to bring me some corn thins and sent him a list of suppliers in his neighbourhood.
    He appears to be a bit weirded out that that is what anybody would request, but it will help me a lot!

It is so good to read about everybody’s challenges. I’m sorry it is too early in the morning to individually name people, still a bit foggy, but I enjoy ALL your posts.

Hey Suejen – I think your depths of winter will probably still beat our summer, ha ha πŸ™‚ But never mind, we’ll make the best of what we get. Today has actually turned out to be very pleasant; dry, still and a positively balmy 13 degrees!!!
    Up – you’re doing a great job trying to stay on track surrounded as you are by temptation and cold weather. Keep up the good work! Enjoy the visit from your son and the corn thins!!!
    Going back to my spring cleaning now; it’s amazing how much dirt shows when the sky brightens…oh well, it’ll keep me busy and work off a few calories, so that’s a win/win πŸ˜‰

Cheep! Cheep! Happy Easter all!
    Have great day ahead πŸ™‚

Good morning team and Happy Easter
    I think you are all beginning to “see the light!” πŸ™‚ This IS a way of life…this IS a way of eating. It is not a diet, as such. 5:2 is there to work WITH our life style, not against it. We should live normally, enjoy our family and friends, our social lives and what ever else comes our way. WE are not the people who say “can’t eat that..I’m on a diet” We are living proof that 5:2 works. πŸ™‚ there is no need to go without anything. We all know portion control is one of our secret weapons and we know we can fit a fast day or two into any week and work them around normal living and still come out ahead. We know if we get too hard on ourselves, we feel flat or beaten and there is absolutely no reason to. We know that remembering what we HAVEN’T eaten is better than thinking about the odd thing that we did eat! πŸ™‚ You are all doing incredibly well, incorporating 5:2 into your life will never make you feel deprived.
    Have a wonderful Easter Sunday, remember why we celebrate it, good luck finding plenty of eggs on your Easter Egg hunt, and enjoy that yummy chocolate! I ate a whole Red Tulip Easter Bunny last night and enjoyed every delishious morsel. There is nothing stopping me fasting Monday and all will be back to normal πŸ™‚ …well as normal as I get anyway!…CG xxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 4,001 through 4,050 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.