Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,751 through 3,800 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi folks

Just checking in. I have been reading but in bursts, and running short of time.

Struggling a little today fast day but am determined to drop of the 20kg am at 18 now. So will push through

Gypsy you are so funny. Please don’t think of yourself as not being useful in crisis. Crisises will come and you will be required as you have experience which counts for everything, you can help.

CG sorry about your cancelled appointment hope it get rescheduled soon.

Newbies keep going you can do this

take care
    Bali

Gypsy I think the magic is our AUSSIE DETERMINATION thread, it does keep us accountable and WE ARE NOT ALONE, big difference to the past ways of trying to lose weight hay? Even zigzags are a positive cause we can see movement, and the down trend is visible. Also the way our clothes are fitting. Your doing a great job, none of this is easy, God made so many temptations for us our strength wanes sometimes, but we are human, and get back on track, usually with a good self talking to. Your food for the day sounds perfect too, keep up the good work, it’s that sense of pride too that we all enjoy so be proud of how far you have come. πŸ™‚ CG xxx

Og Gypsy I love your poem and you have so much wisdom to pass on! At the moment I feel like Im Rebecca Gibney in Packed to the Rafters, lthough all my (4) kids have moved out- at the moment! Im doing one son’s washing (i know,i know!) and babysit a granddaughter one day a week. The kids dropping in regularly, coming for dinner once a week and I visit my mum regularly as well. Im like the glue holding the family together while working part time- Of course I love it all:)
    My FD went well yesterday-seems to be getting easier??

Hi all second fast day for me today. Weighing tomorrow

Half past midnight and another fast day down. Well done Bryn and Judyf,(I can picture your packed to the rafters personality!)

Nice to hear from you Bali, Inspiring, 18kgs! and it’s true, CG, knowing others faced the same hurdles and succeeded does keep us going. Your clucking is such a comfort! The Cyclone is heading for Cooktown as we speak. No major destruction or loss of life reported so far. Phew! I’m for bed

Thanks to all for your support. Nite AD’s.

Hi All AD’s,
    Missed you all while my french visitors were here but kept your wise words in my head and didn’t overdo the treats, but enjoyed myself all the same. Don’t think I have done too much damage on the scales but will weigh in on Sat morn to check. Visitors seemed to have a great time….and two bottles of whiskey, one bottle of pernod and twenty bottles of wine would say the same!!!
    Delighted to welcome BD and Joee and welcome back to Judy. Wishing you all the best with this wol. Stick with us and you won’t go far wrong.
    So sorry to hear the various sad stories from many of you. I’m sorry I’m not able to go back through the pages to check your names, but I have read all the posts.
    CG – hope you don’t have long to wait for you nerve block and that it goes well for you.
    Gypsy – how talented you are and how much comfort you can bring to those going through a hard time – well done you! Retired or not, you are a valuable human being whose wealth of experience will continue to benefit all those who are lucky enough to meet you :>
    Suejen – hope your friends are indeed safe and well done to all of you getting involved with aid projects.
    Can’t remember everyone who has recorded losses but I congratulate you all. The success of one person is a success for us all and keeps us motivated and on track.
    That’s all for now, gang, it’s good to be back!! πŸ™‚

Thanks ladies for all your tips – I will make good use of them! I had a lovely meal out with my friends last night; its been ages since we were last all together. However, tho I took home some in a doggie bag, am feeling full and uncomfortable this morning; perhaps it would be an idea to put in another FD today. Its good to know I can be flexible. On Sunday I’m going to be going out to Charleville – west Qld – with my hubby, where he’ll be working for a couple of weeks. That means living in a motel, not having regular internet access, and not the best cooking facilities. So, not sure how I’ll go, but will try to adapt. Hopefully I’ll still be able to stick with the 5:2 – or at least be watching how I eat. I’ll probably pop online midweek using their Library’s internet facility. So if I don’t get back to read and chat before I go, cheers till then.

Morning, ADs. Friday weigh-in, at my lowest yet – 58.5kg. Not sure where I will stop, I would rather not have to get my rings re-sized and they are getting pretty loose, the ones that can’t change fingers.

Hope all your weight-ins leave you with a smile on your faces. πŸ™‚

Packed to the Rafters – that is/was us! Our elder son (40 this year) lives with us, and his son spends the school holidays with us too – much more peaceful than with his mum! Our daughter and her young son were also with us til moving out a year ago, and now she’s gone to Sydney. And since January step-grandson (21) has moved in, needing a place for a few months. At least we didn’t have the loo in the bathroom, as the Rafters appeared to. Don’t know how they would have managed! Perhaps there was another down the garden path? πŸ™‚

Good morning team it’s Friday yahoooo. Your time now, the weekend is yours!
    How did you go with your fast, some of you are doing today too so stick with your plan, we are all here to back you up YOU ARE NOT ALONE πŸ™‚
    No loss this week but NO gain either so still positive, I haven’t been this low for so many years, I can’t remember how far back. It has taken years to gain then stabilise to my heaviest so expect it will be slow moving, but no complaints, it’s working, it’s easy and so very doable. Just love our 5:2 WOL and WOE.
    If your scales are not smiling for you this morning, remember other things are happening to your body especially your mind set, your control over food your healthier choices which you are now conscious of. We are not eating the same way that got us all here in the first place. Our shopping bill is so much cheaper, there are no snacks, chips, peanuts whatever in our trolly any more. Be proud of yourselves team, you have totally changed the way you think about food.
    Have a happy day team, you are what you think, one positive thought in the morning can really brighten your whole day πŸ™‚ and of course, don’t sweat the small stuff, if anyone hands you negativity, just be so nice to them, get under their skin with niceties it will drive them mad better still walk away if possible, these people do not deserve room in your life. πŸ™‚ be good to yourself…CG xxxx

Haha Gypsy! Lurve your ideas. I can’t think I look like… Will think it over now.
    CG- I had the same shock with “Vitamin Water” that I very innocently picked up at the gym after a good workout, turned to to be a cool 125 cals!! I am not even sure I need those vitamins lol.
    Fast day today for me, I have lost a piddly 200gms this week, but still chuffed as hit the 76’s (76.8 kilos πŸ™‚ )
    Hopefully today’s fast will ensure it does not jump back to the 77s after the weekend.
    Barata – congrats on the loss! You must be feeling so nice and trim mate. Also for rings – you can get plastic sliders types for tightening rings (sorry, forget what they are called tho) – ask at jewelers for tightening without the resetting the rings.

Thanks, Lotus, I will explore that option. I didn’t want to have to do anything major to them. And well done, 200 gms is movement in the right direction. πŸ™‚

CG, it’s always a pleasure to read your words, puts a smile on my face to hear your positive exhortations. You are right about the shopping, what’s not in the house can’t be eaten, and doesn’t go on the bill!

Hello fellow Aussie Determinators. I keep getting fooled by the date. Then realise we are using GMT. My stats today were a wee bit disappointing as weight and measurements are the same. I’m certainly not disheartened though as I have lost almost 8 kilos in just over two months. I’m down to 70 Kilos now. I have a way to go as I have “ducks disease” as my hubby so politely puts it. i.e. my behind is too close to the ground or just a shorty. My FDs went OK. This week I am going to be more strict with my TDEE as I admit to being on the slack side with that.
    Congrats to all of you who have lost weight and to all the positive posts. Negativity is not a good thing and we are not into that on this site.
    Gypsy I’m glad that the cyclone seems to be tracking further north. Lest hope no one in its path gets injured or suffers damage. Mother Nature can be cruel. Hmm why is it always a female thing that gets all the bad raps? Mother Nature, Granny knot, old wives tales.
    CG I hope your &$%#^Β₯€£ back is not giving you too much pain. I love your positive attitude.
    Cheers. Doggy woof woof.

Hello to all! Sorry I benn MIA for last couple of weeks. Became a bit overwhelmed with stuff in my life and trying to check in here daily and read posts also became a bit much. I’m not sure I will be a daily poster again, but will certainly check in and read what’s going on and be inspired by you all. I haven’t read back any pages so will try and get the gist of things from here on in….just want to say that the constant thing in my life now, amoungst the chaos are my fast days…..I never miss them and even look forward to them. My weight has stayed steady for two weeks, but happy to report a small loss this week of 300 grams….so everyone stick with it as it will soon become a way of life for you as it is for me…

Great weight Barata 58.5 WOW I last weighed that at age 29….I have 11 kgs to go, so my goal is now in sight….but I often wonder when I get there if I will keep going…..just can’t see myself doing 6:1…..wouldn’t like to eat for 6 days in a row….will see what happens..

Dear CG, you are an inspiration with your wonderful practical posts. Well done of being at your lowest weight in years! It’s a great feeling. I’ve just nudged under 71 kg at 70.9 ….somehow that 100 grams matters πŸ™‚

Good morning AD’s

What great results from everyone – Barata 58.5 is AMAZING!! Foxy 70.9 is AMAZING as well. I cannot wait to get there…

It is with great pleasure to tell you that my weigh in today was 78.8kg!! I was 81.5 on Monday. V HAPPY!

I am off to Melbourne in a week to visit family so I am hoping they can see the difference.

HAve a fantastic weekend everyone XX

Thanks, Foxy. But I must have been 13 or 14 since I was last this weight. I was a plump (fat) child, comfort eating I see now, sneaking sugary treats and always competing with all the siblings for the last scrap. Just love where I am now. Well done on your losses, you will get to your goal. What’s special about the date you posted on the other thread?

Diip, “amazing” never comes my way! So chuffed with the support πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

Morning AD’s
    Bali you’re at 18kg so close!! Don’t give up, just push on until your 20kg goal. You’ve done amazingly well & your routine should be almost automatic by now so just just repeat and repeat…and you’ll be there soon.
    JudyF yes your fast days get easier and easier. After a harder day yesterday I realised once again that keeping busy is the trick. Works every time. Plan ahead to be busy (but sounds like you are already!).
    Wow Fit….two bottles of whiskey, one bottle of pernod and twenty bottles of wine. You sure had a great time & loved every minute of it no doubt. Now just ease yourself back into 5:2 and your weight will adjust quickly – even add in a 4:3 if you like. At least with this WOL you were able to enjoy your guests rather than say Look I’m just having a lettuce leaf for dinner OK? So love it!
    The family we know ARE safe and well in Vanuatu! Tom wrote a letter by hand, it got picked up by a small airline that visited the island (not sure how as they are quite remote), the company liaised with DFAT, and then they emailed a scanned copy of the letter to the family here. How’s that?! Their house is damaged but the roof stayed on & they have a little food left. He’s been helping others every day. So thankful.
    CG congrats on your lowest weight & thanks for your motivating posts every morning!
    Foxy wonderful to see you back – have missed my WA buddy. Sorry that you’re going through stuff/chaos right now, but look at you – you’re overwhelmed with stuff and yet you’ve still lost weight. I salute you girl. Here’s hoping that your chaos will settle down soon but also that you’ll stay strong through it all. Thinkin’ of you.

Gotta go and get my day started. Have a great day all & stick to your 5″2 WOL. The results are soo worth it in so many ways. Justdoit one FD at a time. sj

Morning All & Happy Weigh-in Day! Congrats on all of your successes…such an inspiration & helps keep us all on track.

Fit – Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your visitors. Mine arrive tomorrow!
    CG – Another motivational post, thank you. Made me smile. Hope your back is ok.
    Bali – 18kg – You must feel like a new woman.
    Doggy – Wow! 8kg in 2 months sounds like something to celebrate. Great work..from a fellow “duck” (aka Stumpy!)
    DiiP (enjoy melb), Barata, Foxy & Lotus – Well done on your losses too.
    Jo- Enjoy your time in Charleville & try to stick with it as best you can.

Good news to report from my end…I have broken through 67….yahoo! Thrilled to report that at the end of Week 5, I’m down 4.1kg to 66.7! Can’t quite believe it….I haven’t been this weight in a loooong, long time. Thanks to everyone for helping me get here. Have a great weekend.
    CM x

Wow CM that’s fantastic congratulations and Doggy, your doing a k a week loss, how great is that, you couldn’t want for more. By the way my back is giving me billio this week, I knew the injection was over due but it’s as if my body is complaining. I’ve missed aerobics twice this week including today, I just couldn’t get the motivation to over ride the pain, but still smiling, IT WILL NOT GET ME DOWN I’m too bloody minded to let it beat me….well too much anyway, so thanks for asking.
    Foxy, lovely to see your posts, I read your other one too, yes Sept is our anniversary, good target.
    Gypsy you look like you’ve missed the bullet fortunately, I hope others further north are safe as it leaves our shores, hope your well and floods don’t follow to add to the trauma.
    Suejen, love your posts you never miss anyone, I try but the old brain and short term memory leave me as I’m typing. πŸ™‚ even zigzagging back
    DiiP you are really travelling so well keep up the great work and attitude.
    Barata you’ll be on maintenance before you know it, well done.
    And Lotus, you georgous person you, 200g aint piddly, it’s better gone than a gain and you’ve done it, weigh in the morning again, see if its different.
    Thanks team firstly for the concern with my bl###y back, I’ll pull through, it’s not much different than when I was working but built my own home and needed to work, so rolled up the sleeves and kept going also with landscaping my beautiful garden to get it pretty much maintenance free other than mowing and weeding (which these days I tend to spray)
    The other thing I wanted to thank you for is your coments on my morning post. I try to be philisophical with the positives we are all in this together, we all have the same issues, temptations our lives are full, but our forum is a place to go to feel family with non judgemental views and inderstanding the “outside” world doesn’t get or give. It’s a great way to start our day to soldier on know we have a team behind us, even if they are invisible, we are here 24/7.
    Fit so glad you enjoyed your visitors, you’ll start to notice your weight drop just by being away from so much alcohol! πŸ™‚ no matter how little you had. Never knock back the chance to enjoy anything, our 5:2 is so very forgiving and never lets us down.
    Enjoy your day team, and don’t follow the path, get out and make some tracks πŸ™‚ CG xxx

Suejen – Great you finally received firm news about your friends. What a relief. That island looked like it had been flattened. Very lucky.
    Foxy – Congrats too – 300g down is still DOWN. Life does become chaotic sometimes, but remember to take care of yourself, otherwise you can’t take care of others. x
    Suejen & Foxy – Forgot to mention, if you’re ever up in Perth/Freo and you have time for a coffee and/or walk let me know. I have another buddy on 5:2 who would also love to meet others on the programme from WA.
    CM x

Yay! Weigh in is 85.7kgs, so it’s starting to stabilize in the 85 zone. a little torturous, but definite progress.

Hiya! Fit. Ta for nice words, glad you had a great time with friends and you are right about ‘one person’s success is everyone’s’. This forum does feel like a home base. And it’s good to watch new members catch the vibes and open up (getting a load off one’s mind can be counted in the tally, I reckon). Have to thank all for listening to my gripes!

You’ll be fine out west, Joeep, just remember it’s not so much what you eat as HOW MUCH, so think free greens, mod protein and limited starches/fats (basically anything sweet, yummy or white!) If all else fails, drink! Enjoy being in the wild west with your man and repair the damage later!

Agree, Barata, So well done!WE admire every epic moment of your journey! and a stopping point (or maintenance wt) is pretty important, I think. There’s a difference between looking trim and healthy as apposed to ‘old and scrawny’. There is a local lady doing one of the food – replacement-shake-diets, It’s extreme and her weight has come off too fast I think. She looked great a month ago, but she has let it go too far and now looks downright haggard. She is obviously having such a struggle, out on a limb, and isn’t getting that the compliments are now turning to concern. It’s not my way to interfere, but sooner or later she will notice I’m also losing weight and ask the obvious questions. I have no reservations about recommending 5:2 . And my rings are starting to slide around, too. but I have a long way to go before facing your dilemma, Barata. Perhaps just ask friends or hubby to tell you when looking great turns to looking fragile, or be guided by your energy levels. Let us know when you decide to prop, we’ll surely celebrate a member reaching their maintenance goal!

Maybe we should invent a medal for it CG! Hi to you, Dawg! Ducks disease is going around! I was becoming a waddler, but the legs are trimming down with a 9 kilo loss (since 2nd of Feb). Keep going, girl! Nice to hear from you Foxy, agree fast days are now pivotal points I plan around. It is good to have some stability in one’s chaos. Especially when that becomes retirement vacuum. Until another goal presents. One has a purpose.

Well done, Doinit! Enjoy Melbourne. Your family will notice your glow of achievement and that’s a beautiful thing to see! good on you, too Charlie! and Suejen, You and CG are both great motivators, It is good to have friends to greet in the morning!

Another long post, but I wanted to say hi to individuals, you all give me a lift. And with the cyclone past(we pray) it is time for me to hit the road for a check on my chicks (boy in Cairns, grandkids in Townsville and a daughter inland a bit)
    weather permitting (no deluging low as yet) I will do the circuit over a week or so. So I’ll be off tomorrow and will check in when I can. Cheers, Mates! Keep losing! xxx Gypsy

Hi all! Naughty motto for the weekend (or non-fasting days):
    “eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die(t)”

Does anyone have oddly behaving scales at home? Mine are showing crazy weight fluctuations, 76.8 one minute, and I swear in ten minutes, post shower, 77.2? I am keeping 76.8 – thank you very much. πŸ˜‰
    But still, plan to buy new scales when I reach 75 kilos, someone recommended this on another thread, and it looks promising:
    http://www.harveynorman.com.au/beurer-bg51xxl-diagnostic-scales.html

What do you all use? Anything special? My current ones are El Cheapo Kmart ones that I have used for about 5 years….

….Um… My 9 k loss is from the 2nd of January, NOT feb! Sorry, am having a senior moment. Gad! Can’t decide what clothes to pack. Again! but this time it’s because EVERYTHING LOOKS SO GOOD! … gurgle….not supposed to be vain at my age, but my ass is lookin’ great! xxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not vain Gypsy! And, what age??? Where age????

Hey, Lotus, I have had that crazy zigzag, too a couple of times and in only half hour or so, but I don’t think it’s the scales. I’ve tried other people’s. same. can only be fluid ???? I have weightwatcher scales from Target, but won’t recommend them. I did so to Doggy and she got a pair on the strength of it and they were no good, (she had to return them). I’m happy with mine, so maybe she just got a dud set? Luck.

Oh, and luv your weekend motto! heh, heh, and I’m from the iceage! Freakin’ melting! NQ is hotttt again! Like to say I’m ‘in my sixtys’, but only just! (unfortunately at the wrong end).

Looks like we’re in for a good night of cricket Doggy……..the chase will be on πŸ™‚ CG xx

I thought we wimmin didn’t have an age after a “certain age”? lol.
    Not that I mind it much, this way or that…

Sydney (at least my workplace) is freezing, plus fasting today – would not mind some heat here…

Love the new motto too and Lotus my scales are the same, before and after just a shower, maybe the longer we are up things move around inside or just gravity takes over? Who knows, grab the lowest as your weight, we all do.
    As I passed a bakery this morning couldn’t resist (shopped on an empty tummy straight after a fast…temptations) so I bought a big fat white bread roll, came home, unpacked then had the roll with butter, fresh ham and a cheese slice, oh heaven! I think as this is not the normal way of eating anymore, we really appreciate forbidden fruits. Funny though, I don’t feel bloated and with dinner still another couple of hours away, I’m not hungry or craving anything. Caulie fried rice tonight with bacon and maybe a pork chop I bought today, it looks beautiful and no fat, maybe just a tad. I used to look for the ones with fat (flavour) and crackle..but not any more πŸ™‚ so mind set still working even when hungry. …
    Have a safe trip Gypsy as well as all others venturing out this week end, your all precious so take care πŸ™‚ …CG xx

I keep thinking – do I belong on an Aussie thread (go the Black Caps – but good luck to the Aussie team tonight, but not toooooo good), but keep drawn back by the support and love and fun!!

CG, I am very lucky to be relatively pain-free, and can’t imagine what you are going through, day and night. Much cyber hugs. You know if it gets too much you can scream to us. I love your “it’s better gone than gain” πŸ™‚ . Sums it up for us.

Gypsy, we will all salute your ass. Looking good, girl (using girl in the most affectionate way, of course!!!) Scrawny I aint, still a bit to be grabbed by. You are right, slowly does it. I will be very interested to see where and when I “bottom out” of weight loss – surely it can’t go on indefinitely? But at 1.67cm or so, my BMI is now 21.5, so in a comfortable range.

Hi All!
    Joee – hope your enjoy your trip. It’s amazing how you can manage to make good choices even when you’re away from home and then pick up the fast days if necessary when you get home. As we have all found, the reason this WOL is so doable and sustainable is because we can fit it around our lives and not give up just because of a holiday, a slip up or a few treats with friends.
    Foxy – so sorry to hear you are going through difficult times. Please stay with us and check in when you can – no pressure, we are here for you. )( – that’s meant to be a hug!
    Barata – brilliant loss!! Keep it up (or down!!)
    Doit – fantastic figures…in more ways than one! Have a great time with your family, I bet the compliments will be rolling in.
    Suejen – thanks for great words of wisdom – seems the Irish are in the back seat when it comes to drinking…and I never thought I’d hear myself say that!!
    CM – well done you on breaking through another barrier – fantastic feeling, isn’t it?
    Gypsy – you gripe away – we love hearing from you. πŸ™‚ Fantastic weight loss since Jan. Bet your ass is fantastic too..be proud!
    CG – sorry your back is troubling you so much. You’re a rock to everyone on this thread so mind yourself until you can have your nerve block.
    Have a great weekend everyone xx
    Lotus – love your motto, so true! My scales is weightwatchers too and I’m very happy with it.

Wow it IS so hard to keep up with all the posts here, isn’t it! And I’m so tired I’m not even going to try! It’s time for bed. I went over my TDEE a bit today. Was cooking so much for other people today & eventually caved in and ate some of this, & some of that. The last straw was rather funny but I also swore very loudly. I’d made a slice & iced it & sprinkled it with 100s and 1000s for my grandies. Poured a bit much in spots so decided to tip the slice carefully on its side & knock the excess off. Yep you guessed it…..BAD IDEA. The whole thing just slipped out and fell into a bowl of water in the sink & fell into pieces. #%*@# However OH came in & said he’d rescue it & he did. We’ve broken it all into crazy pieces like a crazy path & dried it out on a rack! Oh you gotta laugh sometimes…after you’ve sworn that is. Just had to throw a little bit out.
    Have a great weekend all and enjoy your treats in moderation as I will try to. sj

PS Charliesmum love to catch up with you & have a coffee/walk when we’re up in Perth. Foxy too if you’re up in Perth or over our way? Will let you know.
    Gypsy love hearing about your fantastic ass! Mine’s got a way to go yet.

Hi all whats would you all recommend 5 2 or 4 3? X

Good morning team, the weekend is here so get out and enjoy. Be it catching up on chores or with friends, be kind to yourself, if you feel like a glass of wine, have it…don’t be too hard on yourself, you have earned all the pleasure you want, just remember to limit your portions a bit.
    Great cricket last nights, congrats to Shane Watson, the monkey is off his back yay.
    Lovely day weather wise coming up so the choice is your, either follow that path….or make some tracks! πŸ™‚
    It’s your life so LIVE πŸ˜† Happy day to you all CG xxx

Bryn, 5:2 is the original and most successful, 4:3 is usually used to budge a plateau but figures show the weight loss over all is on a par so the choice is yours, good luck πŸ™‚ CG xxx

Morning lovely 5:2ers and by the way…..getting lovelier every day…..did you realise that?! We’re going down by kilos and grams and centimetres, a little or a lot at a time. Maybe we’re moving or maybe we’re stuck but if you’re sticking to 5:2 you’re STILL heading in the right direction.

Heading over to the grandies today (4) for my daughter’s birthday (with my crazy slice of course). So will be eating out for most of today. Will enjoy some treats but need to watch my portions and be sensible too. Enjoy your weekend ladies and live your life while you’re 5:2ing – yes, live by our new motto! suejen

Hi all. I’m having another c—p day. The little horror woke me at sparrows – AGAIN. And CG I also was watching the cricket. Sorry the pain is giving you hell today. Do you find its weather related? My back pain used to kick in big time if there was a drop in the barometric pressure. My pain management specialist advised me to avoid climates that had thunderstorms.
    Lotus I loved your phrase. Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die t. Very clever. I think it was you who has iffy scales. I’m back to using the one ive had for years. Don’t even know the brand. I too would just be going with the lowest weight measurement. We are meant to be kind to ourselves as CG keeps reminding us.
    OK too tired for this now. I’m watching the cricket from NZ. The little horror is fast asleep at my feet.
    Cheers Doggy woof woof.

Hi team, just to let you know…this site is having another hissy fit. Now emails are not coming through as they should, or you get the odd one from 2-3 days ago….the problem is not your computer. Hopefully they will fix it before too long. Why they keep trying to fix something that aint broke is beyond me! Why not just leave it alone when it’s working.
    Enjoy your evening team.. CG πŸ™‚ xxx

Hi, hope you’re all enjoying the weekend. I had a lovely meal at a Thai restaurant with girlfriends. It’s the first time I’ve gone over the TDEE all week so hopfully those scales won’t be too mean to me. I’m tempted to do a 500 cal day tomorrow just in case. Enjoying great weather in Melbourne this weekend!

Hi All!
    Doggy – so sorry your mutt is still giving you grief. Do dog trainers have any suggestions for you?
    Suejen – enjoy the grandkids, they must be loving the slimmer, fitter you. Family time is precious.
    Judy – I’m sure the scales will be kind to you, especially if you have been keeping below TDEE almost every day. I’m amazed that after a week of hosting my french visitors and eating out quite a bit that I haven’t put on a single gram!! I’m exactly the same weight today as before they arrived! WOOHOO!! This WOL is just so doable. You can make healthy choices and still enjoy treats with friends and family for special occasions.
    Enjoy weekend and lovely weather if you lucky enough to have it! πŸ™‚

Can’t sleep and we’re meant to be up at 4.30 to drive to Charleville in a few hours. Anyway I wanted to share a lovely new pizza recipe I made for our two married sons and their wives for tea – made on a cauliflower base… Hope u can pick this up:
    http://home.recipes.myway.com/home/index.jhtml?a=ADA632D9-E7F1-4BC0-BE5F-E3F3300E49BF&p=^BD9^hps233^S11179^au&si=CKfo_vyzqsQCFU-VvQodlXoAhA&n=781AF0D4&st=tab.

I topped one with garlic prawns and the other with browned chicken mince and other yum seasonings & toppings. Very few carbs and it went down very well. No more cooking for me for 2 weeks, but I decided to bring my NutraBullet along so I can puree up fruit and vegies each day. Being in a motel without many mod-cons may get to be a bit of a challenge, but I’m looking forward to buying up salad greens and to taking your advice re what not to eat! I’ll try and take a wander around town each day – if its not too hot. It was 47 degrees there on Friday! Also, I won’t bother about any weigh-ins for a fortnight, so it should be interesting to see what I’ve managed to get down to by Easter Monday! Till then – au revoir and cheers!

Good morning team and happy Sunday. The weather in Vic is just perfect Autumn crisp nights and mornings and glorious days. It’s plan day team for tomorrows fast. They come around quickly so it shows how quickly our life is passing.
    Life is for living so get out and make some tracks, do something different, smile at a stranger and make their day AND be stronger than your excuses πŸ™‚ CG xx

Morning everyone

Friday weight drop 200grams, this is goingto take a while to drop 2kg . Then I to take daughter 13 to dentist, and watch her have a molar removed she was scared and crying, so was I nearly. I hate dentists. SHe was fine afterwards, I ate a whole small packet of chocolate bullets and had to calm down. Anyway fun not.

So yesterday had did a double gym class back to back. Yeeks sore today. Goodbye bullets took heart rate monitor burned 1600 calories.

Hubby cooking pancakes on BBQ this morning, then off to the local Sunday market.

Have a great day enjoy your Sunday.

Hello team. Instead of saying woof woof I should be saying oink oink! I PIGGED out after supper last night. I got the munchies while watching the cricket and wolfed down GOK many bikkies and cheese. Not to worry, tomorrow I’ll be back on the straight and narrow. I’m going to cook up some lovely Aussie prawns to have on my FD tomorrow with salads.
    Gypsy, You mentioned a woman who was on one of those weight loss meal replacement diets. She has lost weight too quickly and is looking haggard. We both know that it’s not sustainable and she’s going to put the weight back on plus a few extra kilos. Too thin is not one bit attractive. I too would not hesitate torecommend the 5:2 to anyone who asked.
    Fit – the lady at puppy class did give me a tip. She advised me to take Pepper out for a wee etc if he woke at 5 and then put him straight back in his bed. He whined for a bit but did go back to sleep for another hour. I could not but do think this is going to improve with time.
    We are having a bit of much needed rain. We are not on town water so every drop from the sky is welcome.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Doggy

Hi team, gotta share this, starting to get hot in 3/4 jeans whilst potting some plants up in my wine kegs ( not emptied by me haha πŸ™‚ ) when I came in for lunch found a new pair of short shorts not too short though, tried them on, size 14 like my jeans AND, just love my cute bum in them! πŸ™‚ actually it’s almost disappeared! Also comfy to wear and sit in… Don’t ya just love our 5:2? ….CG xxx
    I still expect the other person who used to look back at me in the mirror, the shorts were end of season $5 pale green denim and just so so so perfect……. πŸ™‚ yipppeeee

Happy wet Sunday afternoon AD’s It has rained very heavily here for the past 16hrs with 70 k winds.
    So much news to catch up on from you all!
    Congratulations to all on your fantastic losses last week.
    Welcome to all our new members.

This week had 7 days ….. but I feel it had less.
    Thank the stars for Fast day tomorrow even though I did 3 semi fasts during the week
    I am still holding steadfast on my plateau of 73.5 kgs for now week 5. I am happy the kgs are not going up. Had a few Sav Blanc this week!!!!!!
    Love all this BUM TALK it is great to have a lovely firm tush….. my pilates has helped too!
    Enjoy your Sunday…. you deserve the treats .Onwards and hopefully downwards for this week…….GO GAL

Hi Everyone,

My name is Angelica, I am from Melbourne. I am nearly finished reading the book, but I started today with my first fast day. I fasted for 19 hours and then had my first fast meal of 220 cals. I feel ok – so far so good.

I need to lose about 26 kgs (I recently got married – and since then have put on about 10 kgs πŸ™ but want to lose that and then the 16 kgs I have always struggled with. I have tried everything and hope that this won’t be a quick fix but a lifestyle I can adopt for the long run.

You guys seem like you are doing an amazing job on your weight loss journeys. My only question to you all is what do you eat on your non fast days? I don’t want to over compensate, but do you count calories or just stick to a healthy eating plan including all the food groups? That is my biggest worry. Anyway, onwards and downwards hopefully.

I will try to keep you all posted on my progress πŸ™‚

Keep up the good work everyone!

Morning/afternoon AD’s. And welcome to Angelica28 another Melbournian. You’ve come to the right WOL with 5:2 and the right group may I say for support, encouragement and just plain old fun! As to your NF days we mostly stick to our TDEE. Now you can calculate that on this site by just putting TDEE in the search bar at the top. That give you the number of calories for non fast days. Not all of us do this – some just eat normally, plus we all have our social days/occasions where we eat far more! But you can compensate for this by switching your fast days around or doing a 4:3 rather than a 5:2. We all learn what works best for us as we go along.

Gee you’re right GG all this talk about tushes or is it tushs!!! Who knows. Someone commented that theirs is a duckybottom or similar (apologies if I’ve forgotten the exact phrase & can’t be bothered going back to find it!). Mine is more a saggybottom or a droopybottom so I have a way to go before I can say mine looks good….but…….it is improving! And yes Pilates does help.

Have a great day all. Got here far too late to comment on everyone. Weight was way up this morning (yikes) so obviously celebrated my daughter’s birthday far too much yesterday. Let’s rein it in today. suejen

Hi Angelica, suejen has explained most of it for you. Your TDEE is the amount of cals that are suggested you eat on non fast days, you do get used to calculating your cals and after a while don’t need to. It helps in the beginning to use it so you know what a days cals looks like. If you use Myfitnesspal, it works out your daily cals for you and is easy to download and use. The TDEE calculator is also in the How it works section at the top of the page. Your doing really well for your first fast and it gets easier every time. Your more than welcome to join our team on this wonderful journey and it helps to post daily so you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE it also helps others with your posts. If you have any questions just ask and one or more of our team will help you. Your extra weight will be gone before you know it, this is not a quick fix but an easy doable way of life and way of eating…CG

Great to see this WOE is working so well for you GC. I did an extra fast day today as I went out last night with friends. I’m well under the 500 cals but won’t be doing a FD again until Wed. I don’t want to do B2B just yet and Tues our kids are coming here for dinner. I love that I can squeeze in a FD to suit my lifestyle πŸ™‚

Hi All!
    CG – how amazing is that about your cute bum in your new shorts, it’s a brilliant feeling when something new in a smaller size fits like a dream. Happy days!
    Sue – great positive attitude, we have to enjoy life while we do this or we won’t keep it up, so get back on that horse and gallop off the cals..no problem.
    Doggy – hope your little ball of fur gets the message soon and gives you a full night’s rest.
    Angelica – you’re most welcome here and well done on your first fast. Apart from the sound advice already given, drink lots of fluids e.g. herbal teas and good ol’ plain water, because often we confuse the signals our bodies are giving us and we think we are hungry when actually we are thirsty. It made a big difference for me and I now drink lots more water than I used to. It has to be good for our skin and general health too. Beware of low cal drinks, various types of coffee etc because they contain lots of hidden sugars and calories.
    Judy – you have it sussed… extra fast day to suit your lifestlye and away you go…or rather away the kg go! πŸ˜‰
    I know Ireland are out of the cricket but we just won the six nations championship in rugby yesterday…very exciting right up to end so it was very thrilling day.
    Hey Flemmy – are you still out there? We’re missing you.
    Sunday morning here and the sun is shining, I think Spring has finally arrived!! πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 3,751 through 3,800 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.