Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,601 through 2,650 (of 14,786 total)

• Countrygal. Would you believe it I went to the loo too. Then got myself a small glass of red to keep me going! Tomorrow another FD so making hay while the sun shines. At this point in time it’s hard to pick a winner – tennis that is.

What a battle, I’m going for Novak but Murray wont say die, he is putting up the best fight, in for a long long night….I’ve got a wild turkey and coke to keep me going…CG xx

Me again during another add. Why do we have to have sports commentators from overseas? I really like the Aussies commentating. At least we are spared John McInroe this year.

Yes I think Novak is for me too. He is No 1 after all.

I agree, Llayton is doing a really goof job…..

Good…good I mean, watching and typing at the same time…good job…hehehe

We are in for a late night…again!

Countrygal I’m afraid I’m going to have leave you and the tennis for now. Bummer. I’ve got to get up early tomorrow. This looks like a five setter. Enjoy. XXX

What a shame, best tennis I’ve seen for ages, sleep well, night nite CG xxx

Thanks for the poem gypsy.. Avoiding a full moon time of month is always best .. My things have been dropping for a while now, i just stay clothed as much as possible these days, no more hippy gardening..
    And GG I loved the little typo in your recipe, i will brown the chicken in pain..lol.. Funny. Seriously though, the recipe sounds great.
    Glad to see the adoption of lite philly cheese sauces etc too, i always have some in the fridge.
    Another five hundy week approaches.. Good luck all
    🙂

Good morning Team…yaaaaawn! Oh sorry, excellant battle of the gladiators last night on the tennis courts.
    Fast day today did you prepare?? If not, open a small tin of tuna and wrap it in a lettuce leaf for lunch, add a few goodies, bit of onion, light mayo, yum…it’s all only imagination team YOU CAN DO IT, don’t like tuna, use a sliced hard boiled egg.
    Grab the “now famous” steamed Birds Eye fish for dinner, add a few mixed vegg’s and that’s fast day all done.
    No stress, all very easy, keep up with the fluids team, have a really great day, yaaaawn, sorry……and don’t sweat the small stuff…CG xxx

Good morning team

I am all ready for today had my boiled egg, got home made pumpkin soup for lunch and I am making burgers with salad for dinner, family can have a bun not me though.

I make a chicken quinoa warm salad for lasts nights dinner oh my so nice will join my weekly menu. So filling and easy.

Have a good one

Hello AD’s
    Fast day today for most of us. We can do it!!!

I was reading through different articles on internet last night and realized the power of marketing.

Weight loss and products claiming to make you lose weight is a multi million dollar industry across the world.

There are sites n companies selling tablets, herbal stuff, teas, african herbs, shakes and so much more. Fad diets n related books are flooded in market too.

These people know that humans who gain weight or have a desire to loose weight are in very vulnerable position.
    I myself have spent thousands of dollars on meal replacement shakes, diet books, memberships at weight loss clinics n so on. It is a shame that there are vultures out there; making use of our vulnerability through marketing stunts.

The mistake lies with us too. This has been said for ages that for weight loss ‘ your calories in should be less than calories out’, however we focus on what others are selling us rather than focusing on basic science.

5:2 also runs on same basis, only difference is that Dr Michael Mosley did not decide to sell the concept. This is not a gimmick but a reality check, which teaches us to be responsible for what we eat or what we put in our mouths.
    This helps eliminate so many diseases. Why would you NOT believe in system when you have hundreds of living proofs right here in these forums.

For new people, who are just starting or doing some research to start out this 5:2 way of life or eating, there are many proofs here that you do not have to spend a fortune to be able to loose weight n live healthy life.

Sincere n deepest thanks to Dr Mosley for his contribution and not making this as a money making machine for himself (which could have easily been done with marketing or advertising)

Thanks for being a true human being n you are a true answer on the face of vultures in the market trying to rob people of their hard earned money.

Good morning all – Fb & CG so good to see u back

Well what happened there??? My whole post went in to cyber space. Bugger. Will have to try again later

Morning all. Countrygal it was fun chatting last night during the tennis. I just couldn’t stay awake. Although I have Scots ancestry, I’m not a Murray fan. As to his fiancée with her foul mouth, she didn’t do him any favours.
    Fat buster I agree with you heartily. I’ve done the Atkins Diet on numerous occasions. It does help one loose weight but I just could not make it a way of life. As to the others who use our problems with weight to make money, they are unscrupulous.
    Today was my WD – weigh day. I haven’t lost a thing. I guess it’s the dreaded plateau. I lost 2 kilos in the first 10 days but nothing since. Slight improvement in the measurements though so I won’t become despondent.
    Countrygal again, thanks for more eating plan tips. I hadn’t heard of the Birds Eye fish. I’ll look out for it.
    I’m going to miss the tennis. Now have the cricket to look forward to. Hmm will have to put in a lot of extra exercise for all this couch potato stuff.
    Happy dieting all. XX

Hi all, another FD for me. Im glad I can access this from work for encouragement- esp when there are chocolate biscuits around! I too did the Dukan Diet-similar to Aitkins and got to goal weight but I couldn’t maintain it and a few kilos have crept back on. Hubby still does it but I cant face another day without fruit or veggies!! This WOL is so doable. Ive also started to do a little on the treadmill this last weekend. I plan to build up gradually

hello all AD’s.. Another fast day for me too..!!! Its lunch time and I am already hungry..!! Usually i do not have anything except tea and water on FD..and finish with a 450 Cal dinner..!! But seems I will have to eat something this morning..!! Its hubby’s bday today so would be a challenge to go to shops to buy his Bday present with an empty stomach..!! Will c how I go..!! Only lost 300gms last week..so hoping to get that scale moving this week,,!! good luck to everyone fasting..and to ones who are not.. for making good food choices…!!! We can do it ..!!! BTW.. what si the term WOL ?? I might have missed few posts with the explanation…and I have read few fellow AD’s using it..!!!

Does anyone have the Mushroom stroganoff recioe please? I cooked up a whole big batch of the 5:2 Ratatouillie which I froze into 1 portion size containers. I’ve been having it for supper on FD but getting sick of it now.
    I notice from your posts that some of you have lunch. Since starting the F. D I’ve been having brekkie at about 8 am and then nothing but water or allowable beverages until suppertime. Usually around 6.30pm. I got pretty hungry the first week or so but its not so difficult anymore. I think that Michael says that the longer one can fast between meals the better it works. By now most of you who have been doing this for sometime would have decided what works for you.

Hi Pree. It’s way of life I think. There are one or two that I don’t know either. DEE or EDDE or some such. I’m sure many of you will know.
    Good luck with the shopping and hubby’s b day. Not easy but we can do it.

Hi pree,
    WOL is Way of Life, WOE is Way of Eating
    TDEE is Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

Dogsabie, 4 months into 5:2 and I just drink my morning cappuccino followed by dinner for rest of 400 cals. I used to squeeze in fruit or a cucumber for lunch, but started to get hungry. Now I skip n if I get hunger pangs, I dig into a zero calorie drink and that keeps me full. But thats just me and I am sure some of the others will post more ideas for keeping hunger pangs at bay.
    Good luck

Hello Fellow Aussies

I have just started 5.2 today, and so far so good. I am getting a bit hungry at the moment (had a small piece of rye toast with honey at 11.00).

Will buy a zero calorie drink at lunch time to fill me up. Do you think 3 meals a day would still be ok?

Look forward to chatting with you all

Hi team, just got in, Dogsabie, love last night with you….damned tired but too good a game to leave….cricket next, your a girl with the same tastes as me…check page 46, our thread, you’ll find the recipe!
    DoinitParadise, welcome to you new way of life and eating. Welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION, we will support and guide you all the way, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, check in each day for hInts and suggestions and please ask questions, one of the team, or more, will help you.
    FB great post as usual, have a great day my friend.
    Dogsabie, just getting snippets of post ATM, haven’t had time to read them thoroughly, I only eat dinner fast days, eating lunch often wakes the “dragon” and I don’t eat breakfast on any day. Just teas, coffees , zero coke, diet Dry ginger, but never get hungry, it comes with practice ,the following day, last through till lunch, still not hungry.
    Pree, put 300 grams of margarine in your hand, and you realise how much weight that is, it’s quite a lot, and it’s gone for good, good on you, some weeks my scales either don’t move or go up a kilo so your doing well.
    Will read up and return later
    Have a great day team..it’s all in your hands…if I don’t get back for a while I’ll be zzzzzz”, sorry, late night 🙂 CG xx

By the way Dogsabie, again I forget you recommended it, my be Yum Yum I think, but it’s Birds Eye Steamed fish, it easy, quick in microwave and low cal, also plenty big enough with steamed veg or salad…CG xx

Hi team, me again, quick explanation, if you click on How, at the top of the page, this is for newies, you will see a calculator to work out you TDEE, which is the amount of calories you can have each…normal…day. You don’t need to eat that much but can, but try NEVER to go over it, it is worth while knowing…good luck, also try to remember to fill in your tracker, again at the top of the page, each week, it’s handy to watch you losses, either scales or the tape measure….hope this helps, nanny nap time…CG 🙂 xxxxxx

CG I did ask about the steamed fish and mushroom thingy (senior moment) and if you can’t find it Dogsabie I can post it for you as I wrote it out. Can really recommend the B/E Thai coconut curry sauce steamed fish, yummy with cauli and cabbage cooked or just with coleslaw.

I’m sure it is the empty cals over the past few days that are making me ravenous this FD. Don’t have brekky most days but could have done with it today. Will hit the boiled egg and salad for lunch and suck in the old tummy til tonight.

Thanks Gypsy for your good wishes, didn’t get too carried away with meals. Bit of a spoiler knowing I’d pay today if I did! YY

Hi Doitinparadise, I’ve tried various mealtimes but the key seems to be the number of hours between meals. Michael Mosley leaves a 12 hour break between his breakfast and his evening meal. I think the book recommends a 12 hour gap. I’ve also tried leaving a 16 hour gap between me evening meal before FD and my first meal on FD because the book mentions that the long-term results seem to be better. So I’ll eat dinner at 6.30pm and then not eat until 10.30 the next morning. I’ll spread the 500 calories over FD with a breakfast and a dinner, then not eat normally until the day after fast day.

I hope that’s not confusing.

The best thing to do is experiment until you find an eating plan that works for you. Chewing gum helps distract me. I also keep my water handy and drink heaps of water on FD.

It has taken nearly two months for any changes in my body but I can now say that I have lost 4.5kg since Dec 2 2014.

Good luck with your new WOL.

CG I plan to download the Slow Cooker 5:2 book from Amazon. I got caught with the soup book, useless. If it’s not too much trouble would you look up the author so I get the same book – quite a few drongos cashing in with books on their list!! Ta YY

Oh and welcome to the newbies, a month in and I’m finding it doable. Especially with the support of this beaut group.

Hi Gang, just checking in. FD for me (finally!) on track so far, with green tea for brekkie, boiled egg in lettuce with tomato and a few shallots for lunch. Planning a tin of tuna and more lettuce etc for dinner. Miso soup for fill in if hunger strikes. Need to stop messing around. 8 days to lift off!

Hi DoitinParadise. Welcome. Yes, you can have three meals on fast days (up to 500cal total). You make the biggest step by just starting 5:2 and it will adapt to whatever your lifestyle requires, with a bit of practice and tweeking. Finding the balance between food that fills and remains low in calories is key and this forum is a good source of info. I was asking the same questions myself only a few weeks ago.

The only catch to fast Days is, the total daily intake shouldn’t exceed 500 cals. (Or a 1/4 of your TDEE which is ‘total daily energy expenditure’). and it makes good sense to not go overboard on non fast days. But you will find that will come naturally to you in time. 5:2 trains your palate to want healthier foods. You need a calorie counter to assist the learning process. MY FITNESS AP is a good one.

You can work your TDEE out by going to the ‘home’ page and following the prompts. but most stick to 500cals (women 600(men) for Fast days at 2 per week. Monday and Thursday is a popular choice. and we take weight and measurements of Friday. Most post their results and find it keeps them accountable, and in like minded company to check in often, if not daily, on this forum. Everyone will help and Country Girl is a tireless leader (even when worn out from watching late nite tennis!) . Welcome aboard and good luck! Gypsy

Hi all, I’m back – from Aussie! Lots of tennis, lovely being with the offspring and partners and grandchildren, but back into the routine of work and 5:2 again. Last night’s match was just too late for Kiwi-land viewers. All over now, but as Dogsabie says, bring on the cricket!

One week off fasting, and I put on more than I did over Christmas. It’s coming off again, though, so no concern there. Lovely to catch up with all the postings while I have been off-line, the determination and support continues unabated. And the poetry! Great stuff.

Thanks FB and Dogsabie for educating me…..!!
    Shopping all sorted…!!! Ended up buying a thai chicken and salad wrap..as I thought cant shop on empty stomach..!! However didnt have it. Decided to google the calories first..and then decided will only eat if I get too hungry.. and guess what.. I didnt feel hungry at all.., !! Now back to work 2 hours ago and it is still sitting on my desk..!!! I am not giving it to the tempatation..Feeling strong..!! I know I can do it..!!! Its amazing how you just make thinking pattern unknownigly.!!

Hello everyone, been a bit unwell over the weekend so haven’t been on-line, great to catch up with all the posts and wonderful to have gogal and FB posting again xx

Fast day for hubby and myself again today after a weekend of feasting….hopefully not too much damage done.

I’m not sure who asked for stroganoff recipe again, but will see if I can find it and copy onto this page….hmm think it was about page 40 something…

FB…I have to agree about the weight loss companies and adds…..it’s just down right exploitation of over weight people…..the one i hate the most is for Rapid Loss….those bikini clad girls saying we can get a body like them???? So Rapid Loss might just shrink my boobs back to a 12C…..whilst firming them up to pre-breastfeeding days of not having to wear a bra??? One can only hope….

Here it is…..Lindanafat put it on….mine split because I used regular yoghurt, so maybe stick with non dairy yoghurt, or use light sour cream, or low fat cream cheese as suggested by Robbiej…

I found another version of the Mushroom Strog on the face book 5:2 page.

250g courgette “noodles” (43 calories)

Stroganoff
    1/2 teaspoon olive oil (20 calories)
    25g onion, finely chopped (10)
    1 clove garlic, minced (5)
    200g raw mushrooms, halved or sliced (depending on size) (41)
    1/4 cup of prepared vegetable bouillon (1/4 teaspoon powder or 1/8 cube) (5)
    1/2 teaspoon tomato puree (2)
    1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (3)
    50g of plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt (I use Sojade brand, available at health shops) (26)
    salt to taste

Lightly salt the courgette noodles and place them in a strainer set over a bowl, to draw some of the extra moisture out. This is best done a couple of hours in advance.

Heat olive oil, add onion and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Saute until onion is soft, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add splashes of water to keep onion from sticking/burning. Add garlic and saute for another couple of minutes. Then add mushrooms and continue to saute until they have release their moisture and are starting to brown. Add prepared bouillon, tomato puree and Dijon and mix well. Saute for a few minutes, then stir in yogurt and heat through. Remove from pan.

Warm courgette noodles in the pan for a few minutes, until hot and softened as much as you like (I like mine quite “crunchy” but you can cook a bit longer to soften further). Add the stroganoff back into pan and heat well.

Hi everyone, boy so much going on during my nap……Um Yum the book doesn’t list an author but it’s printed by COOK NATION, any way, that’s on the cover. Just THE SKINNY 5:2 SLOW COOKER RECIPE BOOK, but it’s free and great useful recipes ( especially for Winter)…and yes pls to the curry sauce. Oh yum! I agree about being caught out but I only go for the free ones, no harm done if you don’t like the ( my Scott blood) also YumYum, my own recipe shelves is a library in itself with plenty to offer. I also fine just goole low cal recipes…for chicken…for beef….for fish…etc, and you get such an array of choices, again free! ( my other side is Welsh, wonder if they like a bargin too)
    Welcome back Barata too, hope you had a lovely time
    By the way guys don’t get confused with this site and MFP giving different TDEE’s…almost every site you check will be different. As Gypsy said, the usual, is to stick to 500 cals fast days no matter what your TDEE is or lower if you can.
    I’ve had a blow out today with would you believe, visitor called in, I put the bikkies out and…well, mybe over tired but no resistance, where’s my AUSSIE DETERMINATION. I’ve worked it out with a very light dinner I might be over by 110, not to worry as it’s the weekly over all that matters too, so will be pretty low cal tomorrow too.
    DoitinParadise, hunger can be a bummer on fast days, it’s often obsession on food doing it. If you can ignore those pangs, think of it as your body disolving the fat when you hear gurgles, wait 10 minutes as they say and you’ll find it passes. It does get easier with each fast (unless you have visitors) but even then, black tea will usually get you through. I weakened, but being over tired is my exuse.
    Yes Yes Yes, bring on the cricket again, just love it, hated it growing up hearing the BBC or ABC droning on all day nearlly every day in Summer, then Dad racing into the kitchen, where the radio (wireless) was to listen to the “recap” of who went out . Now with great commentators, the game is just excitement, never thought I’d say that, used to think grass growing was more interesting, but, now, I just get so into it and it usually finishes by 10.30 at night and what better to do when it’s too hot to be outside?
    Take care..CG xxx

Just heard from a girlfriend I met at water aerobics, which I quit 6-7 months ago, couldn’t get out of the pool, pulling up on the ladder was excruciating on my spine, particularly with a bathers bum full of water, but loved it when in the pool. Guess who starts back tomorrow, 8.30am class, Tuesdays and Fridays. Yooohooo. Just so looking forward to getting some water movement going again, just have to find some “smaller” togs (bathers) now – I know I have plenty of bikini’s in the bottom drawer in the back room, but doubt size 10 bikini’s on a 64 year old lady would be quit welcomed, hahaha! Especially when I just fit size 14 jeans, time to toss ’em! Anyway just thought I’d share my bit of news, thanks to my 5:2 journey my life is on the up and up. CG xxx

That’s wonderful CG! Water movement is the best, I love taking my little grand daughter to the pool, we have a great time 🙂
    Enjoy 😀

Hi Foxy, was going to send out a search party for you my friend. Thank you for putting the recipe up, I checked back and found it, that’s why I put the page number on, but having a reprint is wonderful, thank you again.
    Yes really looking forward to it, found a pair of bathers, still have 4-5 size 18 brand new bathers to part with, couldn’t fill the bust and too much material all round, I’d sink!
    Oh yes the movement in water is just the best, relaxing, no body pressure with it, but the movement to the beat is so doable. Some instructors push pretty hard but just going at your own pace is the key. Stay in touch Foxy..CG 🙂 xxxxx

Hello everyone trying again to post after my morning one disappeared. Great to hear from u FB & GG. Have had a very full on few days, was my birthday on Friday & had friends staying. Ate tons, including bread – usually don’t touch. U name it (alcohol) I drank it!! Fasted yesterday & weigh in at 62k today. Have gained a kg but b4 this WOL wld have gained 3!!! Love all your stories & enthusiasm & encouragement.
    FB totally agree about all the rip off merchants purporting to help people lose weight. Bali, u keep going as u r as u r doing sooo well.
    Gypsy love your poems – the menopause one bought a tear to my eye as, no offence anyone, I had a bastard of a time to boot & a very unsupportive husband!!! Just about through the other end!!
    I am out if sync with u today as I try to lose this last 3kg doing 4:3, & will fast tues, Thursday & Sunday. Will weigh in with u Friday. Happy fasting A

My mistake, it’s different Foxy, that sounds lovely, philly cooking cream is also an option, I use it (if I have some) to mash my spuds, yummy also yum to mix in with scrambled eggs…CG xx

Thanks CG will check out Amazon again for the book. There is another one that looks?? good by David something and is only about $3.50. Making the mushroom strog tonight for me, spag bol for my husband so off to the shop shortly for Philly stuff or yoghurt. Lots of cracked black pepper – goes so well with mushrooms.

Swimming/exercise is great, decided to take swimming lessons when I turned 60 and had a ball, lost quite a bit of chub. Did a mean dog paddle before that but fell through the cracks at school and didn’t get the hang of formal swimming. Can do laps now whoopee!!

Just had a ripper of a thunderstorm. With luck we won’t get our 35deg day but I suppose it will be very muggy later on. YY

Hi YumYum I love a good thunder storm, lightening is better watched from inside these days. Seems to be more dangerous now than ever. I love swimming too, but, went on a cruise to the Pacific Islands year before last with a work colleague. First stop was magic, palm trees, isolated little island, dived into the water…forgot my back….., couldn’t surface!!! I’m okay bending forward/ diving forward, but straightening up was a no no! Bit of a wake up call. Rolled onto my back and tried to stand. No more diving or swimming until I have this op, when ever that is, still waiting, it appears quote ” demand is bigger than supply” no enough spinal surgeons, so between the chiro and nerve block injections, I’m still moving, not always pain free but slightly. Enjoy your swimming, I used to think my family came from ducks, was a real water baby, oh well, those were the days..taking it on at 60 YumYum is a huge achievement..good on YOU…enjoy…CG xx

OH what a wonderful evening! I am with my Mum n Dad N sisters n their children in Sydney.Fasted yesterday as driving down from home.
    So weighed this morning 72.5 kgs….total loss of 10.7 kgs in 18wks. Knew I would not be able to wait till Friday ESP that MUM commented on slender me after 2mths away .Just had to do it n peek. Yes! I do take my scales with me.
    WeLcOmE!! – DOINITINPARADISE- Do you live in paradise ? Hope you enjoy Aussie Determination and the WOL and WOE.
    BARATA- Did you have a FAB time away….. so glad your back.
    FOXY- Take care & get better soon… I used the philly cooking cheese in the strog the other night …so yum.
    MISSA….. Best wishes for your birthday ! you deserved to party! …. I wish you happiness and success.XXXXX
    CG- you goer you! have an great time in your H2O class tomorrow,
    PREE- suggestion.. cut the wrap in two.. freeze them to enjoy on your feasting day. You did well against temptation…AMEN
    THE GYPSY-love the poem – My Mum literally split her sides LOL about the pubic hair! only you can get away with that.
    ANDREW- COME HOME PLEASE- Mr Grace would not leave his fold without a word…xxx
    Mum and I had the most exquisite “High tea” today. There is a gourmet Italian deli not far from Mum’s home. Included in the tea was a glass of PROSECCO sparkling wine…. from the region of Veneto in Italia…. such a beautiful place to visit. The vino ,at 1st sip transported us back there so many years ago.

Weather permitting we hope to go to ” The Ladies Baths ” at Coogee tomorrow.. Mum spent may days there in her youth.
    Have a happy care free feast day tomorrow, next fast is around the corner.
    WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION and WE CAN DO IT………GO GAL

Thank you all so much for your replies. It is great to get help!!

Just had chicken and some lettuce for dinner, feeling good.

Have a great night!

Hi again team. Many thanks to those of you, too many to mention who gave me tips and suggestions. I’m only into my third week so still learning. Foxycoxy thank you for the mushy strog recipe and to Lindinofat for putting it on.
    I’m interested in the different ways many of you do the 5:2. On my next FD I’m going to try having brekky later. I’m not sure if I could fast all day and then only have dinner. It would certainly make calorie counting easier.
    I’ve also learned something else new from todays posts. I didn’t know about working out your TDEE from the home page. Gonna have a go at that now.
    Gypsy you really are very knowledgable about metabolism and the physiology that goes on. I was most impressed by the info you gave Katietas re her ? hypoglycaemia.
    Good luck all. This is a great bit of teamwork that goes on here.

Ha, ha, CG, love that you are so human! and get those pesky visitors, too! Crossing fingers I am gonna make it through this FD. Puff, puff, and I have atoned for my sins on the exercise bike as well as weights, vibtration platform AND WALKING! yesss, I have been able to move easier since dropping 6 kilos (4 of them over the past month since joining 5:2). I am so motivated by all of you. Thanks so much everyone! I am soo aiming to make it to 86 k’s by this Friday. (87.7 ATM). I was 86 for several years, then it started to climb and diabetes happened I shot up to 94 and didn’t look like stopping. I need to get way more off than 86, but that is a great first goal to aim for. And victorious start to my holiday. We pray.

I really have to try Lindanaf’s Stroganoff. Has anyone heard from her, lately? she seems to be missing.

Glad you’re back and sparking on all cylinders GG! Your Mum sounds like a wag.

MissA. Take heart that there is life after the change. My poetic waffles are a combination of firsthand experience, either mine or mates I have supported through the processes. I enjoy stringing other people’s words together in a caricature that gets to the crux of the matter!

I see you foxy! and Yum yum1 Helloooo. It’s been a positive day for me, hope you all had one. Off the fill in My Fitness Pal and polish up the halo, dearies, Tally ho! Gyps

Hi everyone,
    Pree.. If you’re ever in a mall and reeeeeaally hungry.. And who hasnt been.. Get a sushi handroll, most of them are around 100 cal unless you get one with fried chicken or crumbed something in them. Sushi sushi, the chain shop, have the nutritional info on their website for everything.
    The mushie strog… Video worth watching is Kate Harrisom on youtube, i just did a search on 5:2 mushroom, she uses dried porcini in hers, which i know we can buy here, bit expensive but i think the depth of flavour would be nice.
    I bought some of those yam noodles today, they are my next experiment.
    CG.. Water aerobics is my main excersise, great for your joints, and you do burn about 300 to 400 cal a session depending on how hard you work, i am going tomoz night,
    Fish tacos here tonight, non fd, so had some tortillas, salsa home made, mexican style coleslaw ( no mayo), yummo..
    Cheers all 🙂

Hi Robbie, yes really looking forward to getting back in the pool, my weight loss should make it a bit easier, especially getting out.
    Totally blow it today Gypsy, but with the beauty of our 5:2 I’ll do tomorrow and of course as you said Robbie, burn some cals too.
    First time for me, bit of a shock to the ego, I think, but enjoyed all I’ve eaten, especially finishing tonight with cappuccino and crackers with quince paste..
    My Aussie Determination will return tomorrow, I’m cross at my self, all food over indulgences, but tomorrow is another day. So fasting Tues and Thurs this week. My quince tree is getting ready as are all my apple trees so will be picking and cooking up a storm for storage before too long, peaches too, BUT must remember, no quince paste on fast days, it’s just so yummy. Have a lovely evening team..CG xxx

CG didn’t realise your back was so bad ! 🙁 Water exercise should be kind to you. How do you manage all the gardening you seem to do? I love thunderstorms too, watched this one under shelter of our patio, should have seen all the birds lift off from a tree over our back fence when a particularly loud crack of thunder broke over our house. We had heavy rain for almost an hour – not too much falls here usually in summer.

Mushroom strog for dinner was delicious, used the philly cream cheese, just 25g and it was perfect.

Four k’s in a month is terrific Gypsy. We’ll just keep plugging away, good to have company.

Had a better than expected day (husband began 2 week holiday so….morning tea etc) managed not to get sucked in. Bit of a pain planning 2 lunches, 2 dinners but off the leash tomorrow!!!!! YY

Hi all. Super busy today so not a hunger pang in sight. Even when someone decided to fry some chips in the kitchen where I was cooking my lunch (boiling water). As usual, the weekend has peeled me away from this beautiful thread. Will be beter this week. Logging all my kcal since Friday and have already lost 1kg of the weight I put on last week, even though I had chips and Apple cake yesterday and creamy pasta on Friday. 200g to go to my last lowest weight. On my phone now so probably oodles of typos and autocorrects in this post.

Will try to check in later today, neef to head home to start my soup (turnip and carrot)

X

Good morning team, nice to hear from you FC. We do get a lot of members who keep tabs with us but just post every so often, of course we have our regular posters, God luv em…. And we have a lot of readers in the out field, never posting….come and join us, we are very supportive, become part of our team, YOU ARE NOT ALONE when you become part of our team, you must have personal issues you want to share or ask questions about and it is nice to be part of something, no matter your weight or loss requirements, you will have question which differ from others, the invitation is open to you.
    YumYum, with gardening, and a lot of things in my life, I guess I’m just bloody minded, never say die, just don’t give in. I have fully landscaped a cow paddock into a beautiful property, using my wheel barrow to cart water filled soft drink bottles and pushing it over an acre, to water my baby trees, did this for months on end during the drought. The trees are now 10-15ft tall and look magic. My garden beds have been a labour of love and I’m very proud of them, having garden walks to support our local firey’s. During my years in both aged care and especially when working in disability, I use to tell my clients to “concerntrate on what you CAN do, not on what you can’t. ” Most would be surprised on how using different tactics, or manipulations how a task was still possible, and it not only made their day but mine too, smiles all around.
    I’m still able to use my ride on for mowing or my little tractor for spraying fence lines, weeds etc, I love my green houses, they are bench hight work benches, and with having a lass helping once a week with the heavy maintainence (mulching etc) I still manage. Some days if I feel reasonable I tend to push myself and over do things but enjoy every minute of it, any pain I push to the back and try to work through it, and suffer for the next few days badly, but look out and think, it was worth it, my garden and lawns look lovely. All a bit like our 5:2 journey some days are difficult, some just not working at all, but over all, the difference is remarkable.
    Must off and shower, in the pool shortly, feel like a kid at Xmas over something so simple, will have a analgesic before I head off because I so want to enjjoy my water aerobics. Have a great day team, no matter what you do, I’ll check in later….CG 🙂 xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 2,601 through 2,650 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.