Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,201 through 2,250 (of 14,786 total)

• Haha, I did Linda, and haven’t been to the loo yet for the big doooo, having a coffee, slept in, heavy head, so will shower and take a 4th look at the scales, thought I was dreaming…yahoooo! CG xx

CG Have a skipetty doooo da day! Ha Ha!

Thanks mate, just texted my daughter, she’s very happy, don’t know who to tell next, can’t get the smile off my face, have a smiley day everyone, again thanks Linda CG xxx

well done countryGal

CG,
    Wow

So so happy for you, YOU DID IT, YOU DID IT, YOU DID IT!!!!
    True inspiration you are!!!
    GG1, Bali, GG and all others reporting a loss, congratulations.
    Andrew, you are in right frame of mind. If your clothes are loser and fitness is getting better, concentrating on positives rather than deceptive scales is a very good move.
    Fast day for me today, then off to Great Ocean Road tomorrow.

Foxy, your hubby will get there soon, try to give him heaps of salad. He will be very motivated after he sees results. Well done Mrs Mentor

Went up 200gr which is better than I thought it would be given the blowout so SW 61.6 CW 60.6. Have always found it tough to break into the 50’s but am hopeful this is the one that will do it.
    CG such good news for you, no looking back now!

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss and a HUGE congrats to CG for cracking the 7’s! What a milestone!
    I’m wearing one of my work dresses today and have noticed it’s a little looser than usual πŸ™‚
    Had a Chicken Stirfry last night with a looooad of Vegetables. My supportive boyfriend wanted sauce on his so waited to add it to his serve only so i didn’t get the extra calories. A great, healthy, low cal, tasty way to end my FD last night.
    My next FD will be Sunday – With an Aussie Day BBQ planned for Monday there’s no chance that i’ll be fasting for that one! I love how flexible this WOL is!!

Good morning all! First of all well done everyone on your results this week!

Bali….lighter than you have been in 10 years! That is an awesome achievement….and loving your exercise is only going to make you feel better too!

Ruxton….1.5 is a great loss, it might just be fluid, but don’t you just love that less bloated feeling? The week may even out, but keep going as next weigh in will have you feeling even better.

GG….8.7 gone for good….and our other GG1…..6.4 gone for good as well, you both gotta be happy with that!

Judy, not to worry, I have been in same boat for 6 weeks now….you will get back into don’t you worry….I’m still stuck on 74….down 100grams…so am attempting a back to back today to try and shift it!

GG and lindanaf….yes poor hubby, he didn’t sleep that well either….but good news is he’s saying he wants to continue and this morning he was 1.6 lighter than yesterday! Ha ha FB…..he had a big salad last night and said it was WAY TOO MUCH SALAD…..am going to try him with a stir fry next fast day…

Catherine hope your husband has a great birthday. Enjoy it with him πŸ™‚

And last but not least…..Countrygal…..you Awesomegal! Can’t tell you how pleased I am that you have broken the 80 barrier….and WOWIE….20 kg lost since you started to count cals and 5:2…keep smiling all day my friend πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    xxx Kezza

Thanks FB
    What’s different;

Easier movement
    Back pain a lot lot less, not carrying so much
    Skin is better
    Small hand warts seem to have dropped off (thought they were small cancers which I am prone to but alas! )
    Hip swing coming back ( natural walk)
    Easier flow of walking
    Nails growing and very strong, not breaking of brittle
    Clothes all either so big or smaller sizes fitting comfortably.
    Still a lot of wobbly bits, arms belly etc need to go …in time!
    And so much more I’m forgetting but not forgetting the positive attitude..towards everything, never been a negative person at all, but this is a pure feeling.
    I’ve decided not to set goals, just let the 5:2 path take me where ever, just “sight see” I don’t want disappointment, just the thrill of each surprise. This journey is so exciting and I am enjoying it
    I feel the need to share this to negate any negative doubts. I plateaued for a month or more at 83k, but just kept going, and now look!
    Keep the AUSSIE DETERMINATION going team, it’s the back bone of our success.
    Take care,xxx πŸ™‚ xx CG

Thankyou Foxy, we crossed with our posts, hang in there my friend, it will move in it’s own time, remember other things are happening in your body your not aware of, all that secret healing! And think of all those bad habits you used to have, the healthy way you are now eating, gotta feel better for that. Have a great day and WOW to hubby, well done, that will spur him on …CG xxx

Hi All,
    Andrew I am guessing muscle and you guys build it more easily than we do.It’s a win win!

Country gal, I feel your pain! So much mucking around cluelessly trying to sort out the ticker etc. I got it in the end without doing anything different to what I had tried before. Who knows?
    But well done on the loss! So exciting to get a whole new number like that! Hoping to do the same myself. I have to drop another 400 grams to get a 6!

Trouble is, I am leaving for a 2 week beach holiday tomorrow! but I will try and stay on track.. or at least like xmas, not gain. This will be harder though. I had a Fitbit Flex last year which turned out o be not working properly so got a new one which I started using yesterday to encourage me to do 10,000 steps at least each day. I have woken up this morning to pouring rain as the rain system from further north is currently drenching Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The dog is as unimpressed as I am!

Re pasta etc, I recently made bolognaise and served it on a bed of mashed pumpkin rather than spaghetti and loved it as did my husband.
    And he just told me I am looking skinny! (a slight exaggeration but I’ll take it!)

Won’t have much internet where I am going. Good luck all!

Hi Linda you mentioned mushroom goulash, sounds good. Would you point me in the right direction or tell me ingredients. Thanks YY

Yumyum, I just looked on the web…mushroom goulash 5:2 and the recipe is there, it includes rice and low cal..good luck CG xx

Morning all. This week I’ve tried alternate Fast days. ie. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It’s going well,and although not much movement on the scales my measurements are down – albeit slightly. I live in a very small beachside town in Tasmania and have discovered my neighbour is also doing the 5:2 diet. We met while out having our early morning walk.
    During my first week I was hungry, especially after the evening meal but it’s not been so bad this week. It is very encouraging to read everyone’s issues and progress. I think the psychology of this WOL is very good as we can keep telling ourselves that tomorrow we can eat normally. My husband and I eat a healthy diet but do pig out on the odd packet of chips ect. I’ve made sure not to buy any of that junk. He’s as skinny as a greyhound! I’m shorter and smaller framed and think in the past I’ve dished up th same size helpings to both of us. Not all that smart but learning!

Great news Dogsabie, the fact you have met a fellow faster but more importantly, no junk food in the house plus the realisation of meal sizes. I have used an old cake plate, one used to put biscuits/ cakes out to guests. Smaller than the small dinner plate (you can find them in op shops if you don’t have one) but I find I often struggle to finish my meal be it salads or veg, your on the right track, keep up the good work. The tape measure showing movement is so positive so smile, it is happening!…CG xx

Hi everyone. Have been off line for a couple of days so not up with events. Did see that you cracked the magic 7’S CG. Well done!

my weigh in today is 87.7 so not moving down, but just happy to not go up! Clothes are definitely hanging better. And it is a good result for having to cut the exercise down this week (got a bit cocky and pulled a hamstring which in turn flared the back up – bugga!) so no bike for a bit.

Thanks Linda, I’ll try the mushroom goulash. CG, Smaller plate is a good strategy. I still seem to pack it up ,tho (on non fast days). and I don’t really feel like eating the extra once I get to it. So have started saving half a plate full and just devouring it for the next meal. Nuts! no doubt I’ll refine it, but meanwhile, it is less planning and economic labour-wise. and it puts a spoke in my bad habit wagon! (of being too greedy when dishing up!). There’s always more than one way to skin a cat. Whatever works!

Dogsabie, I head for Tassie 10th feb for 2 weeks. It’s so hot here in QLD, can’t get my head around packing warn clothes! Will I need then you reckon? going to Hobart, but touring all over. Appreciate an opinion. your temperatures still look to be so low (on google)! (compared to 36 to 40 degrees we’re getting here. Thanks for the many tips and good vibes all. have a good Friday! Gypsy

Gypsy so glad you made it safely through the other side, no guarantees with storms is there?You sausage, fancy doing a hammy! Over doing it no doubt. I did that after my first nerve block, couldn’t believe how pain free I was, soon learnt a lesson, now I’m a bit gentler with myself, especially after each cortisone. Take care matie, look after yourself, and clothes feeling looser is a great sign.Have a safe day …CG xx

Thanks guys you are so encouraging. Its 3pm here and I haven’t eaten any food so Im just going to have some zucchini soup. Later a peach and then a small piece of steak with steamed veggies and some coleslaw. Back on track!

Good afternoon all.

CG big congrats, you did it!! You can be on cloud 9 drifting all afternoon with a grin on your face.

Well done Ruxton, Bali, GG, Uptight, Yum Yum, Lindanaf, Andrew, Foxy, Judy, 19Aly, FB, Dogsabie, Gypsybell and all. Those of you who lost weight have the numbers on the scales; the rest have the numbers on the tape measure, the better fitness and even the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed to a new WOL and the number of small wins during the week which all contribute – you didn’t have those chips … you exercised where you never used to … you had only 1 biscuit. Remember all of these small changes will lead to a new you. It’s inevitable. We ALL had a win. AUSSIE DETERMINATION will get us there.

Congrats CG on hitting the 70s and other fasters on your losses, whether its on the scales, measurements, better fitting clothes or simpply general wellbeing.
    I have also now entered the “70s era” after this morning as lost another 600 gms and now CW = 79.5 kilos πŸ™‚ Goal Wt = 65 kilos… far away…

Did back-to-back again this week, but today (1st non-fast day) appetite is really low. I tried eating lunch and felt too sick – so had to leave lunch on the table. It almost feels like another (unwitting) fast day.

and GG1 – wonderful post! yes, every change counts…

Lotus that’s great news congratulations, try to eat something light, even a couple of dry biscuits, maybe a cup-a-soup, don’t let that go too far, the last thing you need is an eating disorder. Please take care, try some fruit too, let us know how you go….CG
    GG 1, yes really great post, well said..CG. πŸ™‚ xxx

CG. Well Done your an inspiration to us all.

I am pushing to be double figures in the next while oh cannot wait.

Everyone have a wonderful night will check in.

Afternoon you wonderful people…… Congrats big time to our victorious leader CG…NOW YOU ARE LIVIN IN THE 70’s,And also to all the team losses whether it be on the scales or clothes are hanging more comfortably. AUSSIE DETERMINATION ….WE CAN DO IT….AND what better way to celebrate our determination with a long weekend to celebrate AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!

Great post GG1 well said…..Enjoy the night team …..YOU ARE ALL AWESOME….GO GAL

Thanks Countrygal. I did eat toast this morning, and also had small portion of thai chicken curry for lunch (couple of bites and then had to leave it), Thanks for suggestion though, will try fruit at night.
    I am sure I will back to ravenous self tomrorow πŸ™‚

I have a plate that was my mothers which is smaller than a dinner plate but a bit bigger than a bread plate. (antique type)It is very pretty. Found I was having the same amount of food using it just piling it on higher. So I use a microwave cover which is sort of domey in shape but is low to the plate to measure the height of the food and it keeps me in check now because the food cannot touch the cover.

Not happy with myself – have had a good day overall but I succumbed to a piece of pavlova today – oh well back into the good eating tomorrow.

I aim to see 80 on the scales and if I get that then I want that 7 to appear!. Cant lose too much more than that as I am 6 feet tall and would be scrawney.

Off to have a small piece of Pork medallion with salad. num num num num

Hi fellow Aussie fasters,
    My name is Emma, I have been lurking here for approx 2 months and have decided to throw my hat into the ring. You are all so nice to each other!

So, 2 months into fasting..
    SW 103kg
    Todays wt 96kg

I do boxing classes a couple of times a week (longstanding) and walk the dog daily. Have started to use the treadmill here and there. Am tracking most days via a fitbit. I only weigh once a week- at wk.

Anyway- I feel better, clothes are more comfy instead of biting, and I wore a top that I had not been able to wear for 2 years yesterday.

My issue is: I can feel my mind set slipping… chocolates and carbs are creeping back, my fasts are creeping over 500Calories. I so want to keep on and not give up!

Nice to meet everyone!

ps- my son entered my username, should have been “Emmasdilema” but he made a typing mistake!

Ruxton your doing well, stop being so hard on yourself. Just think of the “bad” food you haven’t had since your journey started. Your plate sounds similar to what I use, you find you will be quite satisfied, have a large glass of water before eating, it helps fill you before you eat.
    Lotus I hope your appetite returns, even to a smaller one. Being able to have fast days and feat days is the mixture we need to be healthy.
    Bali, you’ll get there, you work very hard at it, strange I thought you were well under me then you said your hoping for double figures?
    Don’t forget team, this is not a race, it’s a life style to enjoy, there is no competition, life is for living and if that involves a bit of pav, a glass or two of wine, a bit of chockie, have it! Your fast and positive eating on others days is what counts. Think of the good you ARE doing for your bodies, treats are not slip ups they are a part of life so enjoy… CG xxx

Hi Emma and welcome, use the 10 minute wait the GG suggest. Wait 10 minutes and if you still want it, have it, but enjoy each chew, the guilt will hit you before you grab for more, everything in moderation is fine and look at your loss, well done…CG xx

Lots of posts greeted me this afternoon when I logged on…what have I missed!

I can see that there are many that are doing really well.Hang in there newbies it does get better! Some of us have been plateauing? is that a word??…and I am one of them.

Your “Living in the seventies” now CG.( a new mantra to sing on the bike)….WELL DONE!! I am so happy for you!Plus so many health benefits…thanks for the encouragement!

Late weigh in today…Just when I started not caring if the scales went down….THEY WENT DOWN…I have lost 1kg (off the plat ohhhh)

This week I thought I would rejig the way I do things on 5:2…..which is what is great about this WOL…its flexible.I changed the time that I ate to 1 meal on fast day at 6pm. .It has helped that I haven’t felt hungry. I also cut out FAST DAY (extra) Saturday(4:3)

My food shopping has definitely changed and the only thing that I am interested in buying is fruit and veg.Lucky I have chickens so that takes care of the egg supply. I have noticed an increase in eating eggs ( oh so yummy and lasts so long) and a decline in cheese/quorn/soya product eating on 5:2!

Before 5:2 I was a one very unhealthy vegetarian!

Lotus congratulations!We both seem to feel not hungry at the moment.Which definitely helps!70s…fantastic!

Great TEAM here! Love reading all the post…short…Long or in between keep them coming! Have a great AUSSIE WEEKEND…you know you deserve it!VM

OOOPS…I just looked at my tracker and I am back at the weight that I was before CHRISTMAS break…so BMI now back in the healthy range. So its taken me a month to jumpstart my system…hang in there guys…if I can do it with an underactive thyroid…..so can you.

Welcome Emma!This is DOABLE as you have proven…WELL DONE!7kg in 2 months….FANTASTIC!

WELCOME EMMA….. glad that you have joined us and stopped being an AUSSIE DETERMINATION STALKER! well down to you thus far. Hope you enjoy our team of DETERMINATORS…. We are all doing so well as you have read in previous posts. If you need an answer to something that you are unsure of, just post and many of us will be there to advise and guide you. All the best in the journey to better health and the bonus of weight loss…..GO GAL xxx

Hi Andrew, I’m in the same boat. It’s week 7 for me and the tape measure keeps telling me the same thing. The scales went down one week but popped up again, not all the way, the next. However, I have stopped snoring (I think), at least I’m not waking myself up anymore. I’m trying all sorts of different things to see if I can kick start the process but nothing’s happening so far.

Vegie and Lotus! Well done on breaking through you plateau….oh I so hope this will be me tomorrow too! My B2B fast is going amazingly well….last time I tried it was awful πŸ™ ….today all I have had is a home made boost juice worth about 60cals….I’m saving up for bruschetta tonight…..yum yum

Ruxton….don’t be too hard on yourself….non-fast days are for enjoying your food and not feeling deprived, or guilty if you have something high in calories….I’m not going to call it bad because all food is allowed on 5:2 in moderation….pav is my sons fav desert and when he was here, I made one and had a big slice….today will take care of itself and next fast day you will be back into it and all will be well πŸ™‚

Welcome Emma…..7 kgs in two months is wonderful, so glad you have joined us πŸ™‚

I think I’ve realised why I’m always behind on here. When I read the thread at night, it’s always pretty quiet but when I get up, I’ve missed 2 pages of conversation. I think my tome difference is sabotaging me from following lmao.

Anyway, going to try to read everyone’s posts over lunch but I’ve spotted CG getting on Tram 7 today so CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I knew you’d get there soon…

I weighed in at 61.8 today, which I’m very pleased with. Just for the newbies I’m going to leave my stats here:

SW 85.5 (30-04-2013)
    LW 62.2 (17-01-2015)
    CW 61.8 (23-01-2015)

And now I wait until Romeo Santos releases his new video, haha πŸ™‚ (among other things, obviously)

Hi Emmasdillema, It takes a while to find a rhythm with 5-2 and you can’t go too far wrong. It’s OK to have yummy high-cal foods occasionally. You might find after a while that you don’t feel like eating as much even on non-fast days. But whatever you do, be kind to yourself. You’re doing a great thing by choosing to change your way of life.

Foxy your right, I stand corrected. No food is bad with 5:2 , i tend to think of carbs that way when making choices, trying really hard not to have them. But as we all know, our 5:2 is so very forgiving, and each fast seem to detox what we had over the week ends, and strangely it doesn’t seem To add much to the scales either, so live, enjoy, be kind to yourself, and take care, your a special person…CG xxx

FC you have done so well, you are an inspiration to us all…CG xx

no food is BAD! I just had a slice of leftover B’DAY cake with my cuppa……sooooooooooo good, it was a small piece though!

FC- CONGRATS! Fabulous loss….who is ROMEO?I will have to YOU TUBE HIM….GO GAL

knitomat, CG and others thanks for the encouraging sentiments. I really am fine with the slow weight loss. This week included only a single fd on Monday so Thursday staying about the same weight was a fair result. The week has also included over 20 km walked at around 6 km/h which is a fair pace.

I guess I came into this very much along the same reasons as Michael Mosley himself. A family history of diabetes, heart disease and cancer (the trio of Western lifestyle diseases). My Dad died in his forties – 5 foot 2 weighing close to 20 stone, obese, diabetic, hypertensive, coronary artery disease. Like Michael, I saw myself gradually drifting towards my father’s fate. Anyway, Michael’s documentary opened a window in my mind that it doesn’t have to end that way. Before that, a couple of years ago, I weighed around 120 kg. When I started the 5:2 I was 94 kg so I had burned a fair bit off “under my own steam” and I’m quietly proud of that πŸ™‚

Michael’s 5:2 research gives me additional tools for building on the bloody hard work I have done over the past two years. For me it is about blood sugar, visceral fat, insulin sensitivity, bowel health and keeping my brain ticking over for as long as possible.

I ain’t ever going to be a swim suit model. But I am now determined to keep this body of mine in as good nick as I can. After all, it has been loaned to me for this journey so I should look after it πŸ™‚

XXXX

Well said Andrew….. you are doing so well and we are all proud of you. We want you with us on our journey for a long time ……. Hugs….. GO GAL

Theres a video on you tube for mushroom strog.. With kate cant remember her last name
    Down 1kg this week, not bad for one solo fast day
    Congrats to you all,esp those who have achieved goals, well done πŸ™‚

Thanks CG, Robbie and Linda for mushroom info will follow it up. Wasn’t at all hungry today so decided to capitalise and do a third FD. Didn’t eat until 6:30ish then only two eggs on a cabbage bed with two roma tomatoes grilled plus a plum. Feeling absolutely stuffed. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow on the scales. BH (better half) wants to go out this weekend so will have this day up my sleeve. Enjoy your weekend everyone πŸ™‚

Thanks, CG, GG, I get the motivation to keep on track from you gals (and guys). You keep me accountable for my choices (especially on non-FDs). I do eat carbs every day. Just try to think of them as little extra fill-me-ups, not as the main part of my meal. So I’ll have sandwiches for lunch, I’ll have 1 slice dark bread, but make sure I put on lots of protein (like smoked salmon) and eat fruit and veg with it. I don’t think I could ever cut bread from my diet, us Belgians live on it. It’s such a staple for us. I just combine it with enough veg and protein so I feel happy and full.

Romeo Santos is a bachata singer/songwriter. I’ve been a fan since he had a big hit with his band Aventura here in Belgium in 2004. Wikipedia tells me they never released any music in Australia. He sings in Spanish anyway so maybe not everyone’s cup of tea. His new video with Marc Anthony (Jennifer Lopez’ ex) is going to be released today so I’m excited.

TBH, Andrew, you are probably ahead of a lot of people. The fact that you can find the internal motivation to keep going and do it for your health (without seeing many exterior signs) is a very tough thing to do and I applaud you for doing it. When I hit my target weight (or the body that I want), I’ll have to keep going to maintain, without seeing the physical benefit of losing inches/pounds. I’ll have to learn to do it for internal reasons without the thrill of the loss. You are already doing that. And the weight will budge eventually, I truly believe you are putting on more muscle weight than losing fat weight.

vegiemumma, well done on getting back on track! Those thyroids are real bastards sometimes (pardon my French). My mum has a thyroid illness as well (I don’t know what it’s called in English but she’s been on Elthyrone for the past 20 years and she managed to drop over 10kg on 5:2 and she’s been on maintenance for over 6 months now. Although she was thin as a rake when she was diagnosed and only started putting on weight when she was 40.

Ruxton, don’t ever beat yourself up about treats. What’s great about 5:2 is that there are no bad foods. Don’t ever feel guilty about them. It happened, you enjoyed it, now move on. I think traditional diets teach us you can’t have this, you can’t have that. I think that sets people up to fail and feel guilty and then feel bad about themselves, which makes them overeat… It’s a vicious circle. It’s okay to indulge. In the beginning of fasting, it’s often harder to find a balance you are happy with, but take it one step at a time. I think what’s important is learning that the foods we eat don’t define us as humans. You are not a worse person for having eaten that pavlova. It’s okay. Next time, you’ll remember this and pick a smaller piece. After that, you skip it once or twice. Until you find the balance in being happy with yourself and your control over your food intake and still getting to have a treat every once in a while. The worse you make yourself feel about it, the more you are likely to do it again. I struggled with this too (trust me) and I have made so many mistakes with overeating the first year of my FD journey. But guess what, I’ve lost almost 24kg and whatever I did wrong in the beginning doesn’t matter anymore. I managed to little by little adjust my relationship with food and find the balance between feeling healthy and making the right dietary choices so I can enjoy my treats completely guilt-free. It takes a while to get there but I rarely eat things I regret later on anymore. And when I do, I forgive my self and move on. Finally. Sorry for the novella, but I feel so strongly about not feeling like failure based on a food choice. Because it’s not productive and it’s so hard to do. But learning how to forgive yourself when you indulge will help you so much to actually take control of your eating habits. Otherwise you end up on the other side of the spectrum, and that’s not healthy either. Feeling as if foods are actually morally bad is the beginning of a whole new problem. You didn’t fail, you just had dessert. Next FD will make up for it. We should all learn to be more like Elsa in Frozen and Let It Go πŸ™‚

Lindanaf, I’m totally going to check out that mushroom stroganoff, it sounds yummy.

Great post FlemishCurves, I am new to this and just read this post and feel much better for it. I have been doing it for nearly 4 weeks and didn’t lose anything this week and have eaten badly today, I think because I feel fed up. Reading what you’ve written makes me realise that even if I slip up or eat more that it’s best to just move on and not dwell on it!

Yes, Sparkle, that is the best thing you can do! Nothing productive comes from making yourself feel like crap when there is no need to. I know I struggled trying to sort out my relationship with food and it’s an on-going process but I’m so much more confident about my choices and understanding what my body is telling me. But that only really started to happen when I stopped beating myself up for ‘slipping up’. 5:2 is a forgiving WOL.

Welcome, btw, I hope you find all the advice and support you’re looking for here. We’re a happy, supportive bunch here, so you should feel right at home. How is it going so far?

So hungry I got up at 4 a.m. to have breakfast. Long countdown to lunchtime, but I just wasn’t up to the stress-out of constantly checking the time until I could next eat.

My doctor has me on no-carbs, calorie controlled on non-fast days, so I’m getting a bit disheartened thinking about how long I’m going to be stuck eating like this.

Yesterday I wanted chocolate so badly. Didn’t eat any, but WANT.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,201 through 2,250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.