Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all! Now is everyone doing? It’s 7pm here on my FD, and I weighed 63.8kg this morning, only 300g more thans my lowest weight, so I’m excited. Especially because I made 5 types of biscuits and fudge over the weekend and I had glΓΌhwein, spicy hot chocolate and an Argentinian steak dinner yesterday.

Tomorrow sushi for New Year’s. Not too unhealthy for a party night. Now long till you all ring in the New Year, my lovelies? T minus 29hrs over here. Hope you all enjoy it!

CG, you’re making me want to try rumballs. I don’t think I’ve ever had any.

Welcome to hawkeyes and gunnadoit.

I wasn’t able to post Monday 1st FAST day back….. so here goes.

I was back at work and I had a lot to do so this helped keep my mind off food! I was offered some mouth watering looking biscuits mid morning and all I could see was “empty nutritious choices” so I didnt have any. I had a boiled egg at 1pm which held off the hunger until 3pm then I had a veggie stirfry.( which I had been looking forward to)Even preparing and cooking it became a huge pleasure. Eating it was divine!I love fast days for the time to stop and slowly enjoy the taste of every mouthful. I had a pear 5pm and a “skinny cow’ cookies and cream icecream.,plus lots water and Rooibos tea..all under 500 cal for the day..I was so proud of myself…..Then my 21yr old daughter brought a pizza home at 7pm and offered me some….This is my weakest hour!I said I would have some but when the time came I encouraged her to eat it all….which seemed to work…I did a big sigh of relief that I had escaped that one!!!

Another hot day here in Perth again.CG your family are going to the right place…cooler weather and the beach sounds fantastic right about now.I am on my way to work….have a great New Years celebration everyone….see you in the New Year…..a new healthier you. Arent you glad you found 5:2..we are already looking forward to healthier bodies and minds…so thats one less New Years resolutions to make….veggie

Good morning team and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL it’s the last day of just beginning 5:2 because tomorrow we can say we have been doing 5:2 since last year! πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your day, no fasting, let your hair down for the last time this year wether you’re partying or not, remember the year as a great beginning and be happy! Tomorrow is our regular fasting day, depending on how you’re feeling but either way, keep the fluids up and the cleansing of fasting. πŸ˜› I wish you all a wonderful beginning of our new WOE and WOL a very very healthy year ahead, and the knowledge that goes with it. I wish you all loads of AUSSIE DETERMINATION and the support, love and friendship that goes with being part of our team. I thank you all so very much for your following and support, your input and stories, and I wish you all the joy of being a new you, so much lighter than you begin 2015. πŸ˜€ …..CG xxxxxxx

FC, rum balls are so very easy to make and either dipped in chocolate sprinkles or coconut. So many recipes on line, but BE WARNED….very addictive! πŸ˜› ….CG xx

Oh by the way team…Started 2014 at 99.5k….Finished 2014 83.2 k…Yabba Dabba Doooooo. πŸ˜€ . ..don’t want to wish my life away but would love a crystal ball to see how I end 2015 …It would be nice if you all put your stats in as a diary reminder to look back on too … Have a great day and be good to yourself, don’t sweat the small stuff… πŸ˜› …..CG xxxxx

Good morning everyone! Last day of 2014! Thanks CG for your New Years good wishes, may you too have a wonderful healthy and lighter year…..lets all make sure we check in here, no matter what next NY eve 2015 to see what we all weigh?

Had a great fast day yesterday, ended up going over by two apricots……just couldn’t resist them when watering my garden, picked them straight off tree and ate….divine! 545 cals all up. Weighed myself this morning 74.8, so have lost my Christmas bloat yay!

FC….rum balls are an Aussie standard at Xmas….my sister always makes them….she makes a chocolate ganash, mixes it with a crumbled up Sarah Lee chocolate cake, then rolls in dark cocoa…..delish! They are hubby’s favourites though so I don’t eat many..

Well done Vegie on resisting that temptation, you are so right…..I AM glad I found 5:2 as well as all the awesome inspiring people on this thread!

OK CG….stats are mid January 2014 – 90kg (size 18) end December 2014 – 74.8(size 14) Woo hoo……never going back there again.
    Have a wonderful New Year everyone, no matter what you are doing!! πŸ˜€

Good Morning ADs
    Veggimumma hats off to you to avoid that pizza. I generally give up on sight of pizza and chocolate. Again, well done.
    FC like always you are a champ, already achieved your pre chrissy weight (300 g is just water)
    Thanks Foxy for giving me the courage to get on scales.
    My story- fasted Monday (400 cals) and Tuesday (569 cals with lots n lots of walking) weighed myself after dinner yesterday and weight was 74.6 kgs. So, i thought to myself, its 700 grams more but I have just had dinner, so by tomorrow, this will either disappear or most of that 700 grams will disappear.
    This morning (after b2b mon- tues), stepped on scales and weight is 75.1 kgs.
    My eyes just came out in horror…. HOW?????? So thats a gain of 1.3 kgs…..still HOW???? When yesterday evening after dinner weight was 74.6 kgs??? I am not due for my p. So wat is it. Yes I feel a little bloated but 1.3 kilos of bloat is hard to believe. I am not happy with the scales…..

And yes….. Regardless, I am happy for the 10 kilos lost so far…. I will say start weight 85 kgs (sometime in 2014) end weight 75 kgs….. On a positive note A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2015 to each and everyone here. (Missing you GG)
    And hopefully we all will keep woo hoooing in 2015 as well with our weight losses and healthier versions of us. Goooooooo Aussie

Stats, OK. Started at 76 kgs at the beginning of November and ended at 71.9. Am very happy but 2015 is going to be way cooler than that!
    @fatbuster, fear not, you know that happens at times whatever the reason and that things will settle in time. It happened to me recently and it is demoralising. Did you have heaps of salt or more carbs than usual? Clogged up? I bet this is what you have said to other people yourself. Maybe you even gave these ideas to me! Stay cool!

FB a loss or gain of 1.5-2.00 k is quite the norm, we all do it, be it salt as upt said or fluid retention, full bowel but mostly the body redistributing whatever, as we have all noticed our changing shapes so who knows! This morning I look quite “hippy” for some reason… The skirt I’m wearing?? Or just fat making it’s way down my body “to the outlet!” But a 1-2k fluctuation is nothing, just maddening when it’s time to weigh in or record πŸ™ just keep going, YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT, no one keeps the 4:3 going like you do! Have a wonderful NY eve FB and don’t stress, I hope your little boy is on the mend, sick children are such a worry and very distressing.
    Come on GoGal, where are you???
    CG xxxxx

Awww thanks CG and Uptight.
    Uptightoutssight you are so rite, but its difficult to remember wen this is not a notm with you.
    CG exactly the reassurance that I needed. I somehow feel that it is my duty to share my feelings with this group and how correct you all are. Thanks CG again, little cheeky monkey is feeling better today. Still at home with him but looks like antibiotics have started to kick in..
    Ok ready for NYE ……. Happy New Year everyone….. Yes GG, where r u???

Hi Team, looking back, I started late August at 95 kg wearing (slightly baggy) size 40 jeans. Now 88 kg wearing size 36 jeans. Is good.

Have a great n safe NYE everyone xxxx

Special thanks to CG and FB and all who regularly post and keep me motivated

Andrew it’s a pleasure to have you aboard and you are more than welcome, HNY to you too….CG xx

FB…..don’t stress, you are always there for us giving us good advice and inspiration! I’m sure it’s just temporary….I know it’s hard but try weighing yourself only once a day if you are a daily weigher….that way you will have a better indication of what your real weight is…..I can sometimes weigh 2 kg heavier in afternoon of any day, even when fasting…..and food and drink weight does add up…..I saw on here that someone weighed their morning coffee and it was 400 grams!

You are getting slimmer every day, people are noticing and you are feeling so much healthier too, that is what counts. And you are enjoying your life and your family are proud of you, even hubby wants to join in..

My morning walks are getting better and better….almost no pain in my hip now….15 kg ago I was in constant pain in my joints…..WE ARE ALL becoming the butterflies we were meant to be!! πŸ™‚

Great stats everyone……Andrew, you slimmed hipped devil you πŸ˜€

FB…..you and I are going to smash our next goal of 70kg by end of February! After NY we can push on and go hard (which for me means being sensible on non-fast days!)and we will be there before we know it πŸ™‚

Hi there AD’s Some really great stats there people!
    I started in Sep at 69k (72 beginning of the year) now end of 2014 I’m 63.5
    Roll on 2015! This 5:2 has been such a wonderful discovery. Hat’s off to Dr Michael Mosely!
    I know how you feel, FB. The scales seem to rule your moods, it’s terrible. Think about the next time you weigh, and you’re down, how happy you’ll feel! I never weigh in the evening…always in the morning, first thing after pee pee, and naked.
    Happy New Year all, have fun and take care xx Linda πŸ™‚

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL YOU AUSSIE DETERMINATORS!!!!!!!!! and welcome to all the newbies!

I’m now back home safe and sound. Have just read all your posts, You have all done sooooooo well BIG CONCRATULATIONS everyone!!!!! I’m so happy that you all enjoyed your Christmas celebrations.

Have had the best time on Lord Howe Island and YES!I DID FAST AND BOY DID I FEAST.
    Each day was filled with action……. bike riding up hills and down plains, bush walks to mountain tops ,diving in the most pristine beautiful waters taking in the magnificence of marine life and corals with colours that were breathtaking.

My weight with all of this activity and fun is……73.5kgs. I did enjoy the occassional wine, had to be careful because of diving ,would rather dive than have too many vinos. Had a mixture of weather conditions….. when it rained it was a virtual downpour,when sunny….paradise reined supreme.

Have a wonderful start to 2015 …. May it bring an abundance of love ,happiness and health to you all….. Enjoy your night and welcome to 2015…….love GO GALxxxx

Hi all, what great stats you all have, big pats on the back. FB I can identify with the horror of the scales. I gained 1.5kg in 2 days and now, 6 days later am just below what I was before the gain so it didn’t take long to disappear again. Just as everyone has been saying – fluid, etc. was probably to blame. I also do as Lindanaf, first thing in the morning. My yearly stats, well I started 1/12/14 so not too much to report, but I was 110 then and am now 106 so 4kg gone in 30 days. So grateful for this WOL and you guys and your positivity. All the best for 2015.

HI,
    I see all these wonderful results to aspire to. I have not lost anything yet. I started at 93kg 2 weeks ago and still there I think,I have not been to obsessed with the scales. I can’t imagine that I have lost anything with the amount I have been eating over the silly season. I have never been one for new Years resolutions so I am not going to make one. I will, however, make a promise to myself that by the end of 2015 I will be an inspiration to myself and others.
    I was looking at all I have achieved the last 12 months and the list is crazy, it has been a good year, but just not balanced. There was noting on there for my personal health. Balance is the key for me.

Hi all, I’m not a regular “poster” but I still read most posts when I get time. I love to hear what everyone else is up to and what great progress everyone is making!! I started in Oct at 85kg and am currently 78kg so have lost a respectable 7 kg, mind you Christmas has been an absolute test to us all I’m sure. I have learnt a few things for future reference

1. Never do “Christmas baking” on a fast day (set myself for a fail there!!)
    2. Tell everyone NOT TO GIVE ME CHOCOLATES!!! I have absolutely NO WILL POWER!!
    3. As my guests leave from Christmas day make THEM take home as much food as they can carry… INCLUDING the chocolates they gave me. If it’s not there I can’t eat it!!
    4. DO NOT BUY “Just in case” chocolates (for that forgotten person) because I know who will end up eating them!!!!!

As you can probably tell I do have a chocolate addiction!! But it does make the world such a happy yummy place!!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year

I will be enjoying a few nibbles, a wine and an early night!! I might just happen to wake up in time to see the new year in, you never know!!

But won’t it be fantastic for all of us to make a really impressive New Years Resolution and actually stick to it. I can tell you it will be a first for me.

***Happy New Year*** And take care all….kokotango :o)

Just a reminder everyone…. Tomorrow is our first fast day for the New Year (if possible and your not too unwell) so plan prepare and be ready. Get the water or iced tea in the jug over night in the fridge or some fruit fusion happening. Have your salad goods at the ready, you all know what to do, so we can meet the New Year challenge with true AUSSIE DETERMINATION… Good luck team, you know WE CAN DO IT! No need to say it out loud, it’s your own journey, we are here for each other! Lets make Easter another happening point of goal. I’m doing nothing great other than 5k goal increments. If I’m down another 5 k by Easter, I’ll be thrilled, seems just so doable doesn’t it??? Have a lovely evening team, you all deserve it….Koko I so know what you mean with chocolates, they call to me, the rotters! Funny last few months have been really good, didn’t miss them at all, come Xmas and all the treats my resolve collapsed, so as from tomorrow NO MORE CHOCOLATES ( for a while anyway) πŸ™ …come on 2015 bring it on, we are ready… πŸ˜€ ….CG xxxxxx

FB, scales and bodies work together (or against each other?) in the most mystical of ways. Over the weekend, I weighed myself, went to the loo and then weighed myself again and I was mysteriously up 500g. Sometimes the body and the scales gang up on us to make sure they keep us ob our toes. Don’t be surprises if that weight flies off again. Btw, I almost reported one of your comments twice accidentally because my phone isn’t ideal for message board posting. Thankfully you have to do more thans just press report to actually report someone lol.

That’s it then, I’ll be making rum balls soon, too many raving reviews on here to ignore πŸ™‚

Hi Catherine, are you measuring yourself? That might be a good way to check your progress. I know a few people who haven’t lost weight but did go down a size in no time.

Hi Flemish,
    No, not at this stage. I will take your advice though. I did measure up 2 weeks ago and was just waiting as I didn’t think there would be any difference yet.
    I am so pumped about next year and that is only a matter of hours away.

I so related to your post Kokotango. I still have a packet of chocolates at home that were bought for a “just in case”. I think I will have to have a ritual “tossing of the chocolates” after midnight. Luckily all my rum balls got eaten over the Christmas Boxing day period…. πŸ™‚

Good morning team HAPPY NEW YEAR to quote Michael Jackson…. THIS IS IT! πŸ˜›
    The first day with fasting for 2015 and WE CAN DO IT .. Oh the feeling of fasting and cleansing, the satisfaction of knowing you did it! The joy of watching the scales, the tape measure all going down! Think of the positive aspects of fasting, how well and how proud you feel, it’s all up to you. πŸ™‚ Give your AUSSIE DETERMINATION a good shake up no regrets with Xmas and over indulgences, this is a new year and you are back in control. Wether your doing 5:2 4:3 or 1:6, it’s all in your hands now. Your health benefits will reward you, the only expense will be a smaller wardrobe …. SO AWAY WE GO, ARE YOU READY….. Good luck team, keep the fluids up, if your hungover that wont be hard anyway, your probably dehydrated…. Good healthy foods and the simplest of exercises like walking…be good to your self and you will reep the rewards.. πŸ˜€ …CG xxxxx

CG, I’m not an Aussie, here in Wellington, but with two children and two grandchildren in Sydney I might qualify as a token A! I love your enthusiasm, you will get everyone stirred to bring down the kilograms. Happy fasting, Monday/Thursday FDs.
    B

Hi Barata you are more than welcome to join us, all newbies are welcome to become Aussie Determinaters no matter where your from, we are one family here, so come on board…. Have you been on 5:2 for long, do you have much to lose, we fast mon and Thurs usually and weigh in Fridays, basically for your own diary to look back on and keep you accountable to yourself… Have a happy day….CG xx πŸ™‚

CG, I have been on 5:2 since September 2013, have lost 10% of body weight, 25% of body fat, and at just under 60kg am nearly at where I want to be (being 1.67m, 63 yrs old). I post to Jojo’s quest and the maintenance thread, but read all the contributions as it is all so interesting and inspiring.

Like your group, I fast Mondays and Thursdays, and find that this rigid routine suits me best, not easy to change days. I weigh daily (first thing in the morning) and graph the results, which go up and down, of course, depending on the day of the week and any excesses. I love the freedom of being able to continue with the dark chocolate and Aussie shiraz five days a week, but like so many of the posters, am becoming more aware of food intake in general.

What great news for you. Do you count calouries on non fast days? I have decided my new year resolution, hohoho… Is to NOT count calouries other than on fast days. I feel being too concise on non fast days negates my fast day count. I don’t believe the gap is big enough to help the 500 cal fast to work at it’s best. The original idea from Michael was to eat normally, and as I don’t do junk food very often, maybe a chockie bikkie with my coffee, a wine or two and my manditory nightly whiskey, I eat quite well.
    I am going to try this till Feb to see if it helps as well as take the obsession away and relax into the 5:2 as it is supposed to be. In the beginning we are so involved with this way of life and eating, we get greedy and want BIG losses straight away, as someone on another thread said, this is a marathon, not a sprint! So well said! So as I’m jot a believer in resolutions as such, I have made this promise to me. To me the TDEE is a farce, I rarely eat up to it and odd occasions go well over then get so cross at myself! WHY! My fast should take care of all that anyway. This is a way of life, not a diet and I know will be so much easier for me and less pressure. In theory I should lose just the same, get the same health benefits so this time, I will follow the rules and definately, only do 5:2. If it takes 12 months to drop 10k so be it, I’m in no hurry, it took longer to put it on and stableise me as a fat person, but funny it does stableise, so just being food conscious is the bonus of extra healthy eating and the fast does it’s work with weight loss. Golly sorry everyone, really got up there didn’t I, just thinking, shareing out loud. Let me know what you think team, does this make sense?… πŸ˜‰ …CG xxx

CG, I don’t count calories, just estimate based on reading the packet (if not fresh food) and being relaxed about fast day targets or non-FDs. It’s the health benefits of fasting that I am happy to gain now that the weight is in a good range (and the mirror so kind!). I agree that it’s a wol, not a diet, so use the FD calories as a guide, and no limits on other days other than awareness of intake. So all your comments make sense to me.

I would like to cut down on the evening snacks, but while son (and grandson during the school holidays) lives with us there will be ice-cream in the freezer.

Whiskey is good! Low calories, reward for good efforts, a tonic as Amazon said on the other thread.

Yes Barata the evening snacks have always been my downfall, even if dinner really satisfied me, the 4.00 time slot doesn’t worry me now, if it does I have a cuppa but have learnt to eat later and as the sweet tooth isn’t there much, although mostly savoury things get me in, I seem to be handeling it better now. I ask myself out loud, DO YOU NEED IT! Often if it’s overpowering, yes I give in and relish whatever IT is. So the 5:2 way of eating is certainly working, my “desires” are different, I can watch friends eat my chocolate biscuits I put out with coffee and have no need or want for them. Anyway, we all do what suits us, it is working no matter how you do it, we are all new people with a better understanding of food and choices AND the difference between Want and Need!…..Take care….CG xx

Hi AUSSIE DETERMINATORS! Happy New Year! Welcome Barata πŸ™‚ So lovely to be that close to your goal. Mine is about 57k, being short 153cm, it should be doable. Yes, CG what you said made perfect sense. I hardly ever “count” calories, just being aware of them , and checking labels on new items. Today will be a part fast again for me , as we have visitors, again! They want to go out for Chinese, so I’ll have to have a chicken and veg dish, no fried rice and no pork spare ribs! Can get around it and still enjoy.
    Have a lovely day all πŸ˜‰

Thanks, Lindanaf

Yes, I’m thrilled with the result of this wol. I had given up ever being able to get those kilos off, post-menopause, sedentary job, not an exercise junky. As with so many others of you I found restrictive calorie diets not sustainable in the long-term.

When someone brings a yummy morning tea for their birthday at work, I am able to resist taking part (have been known to take a piece of cake and keep it for the following day – and why not?) The joy of IF.

Bx

Hi, just starting and love the positive attitude. Trying to work out a program that can be sustained over the rest of my life. Am 56, 5’2″ 86 kilos. This has been my first week and still looking at which days are best for me. I thought that I might be able to give inspiration to others (like you lovely people) as my journey continues, so every now and then I’ll post how I am going.

PS had chocolates today after a fast day … don’t feel too well, maybe only 1 instead of the many I had.

Hi Jen and well done in joing us with your journey on 5:2 we will support you all the way. Have you read the book, I suggest you do for guide lines. We will answer your questions and try to guide you but THE BOOK is a must!
    Where is everyone,? still getting over last might. I’m interested to know how your fasting went today…. Or did it??? I haven’t eaten all day until 7.00 as I just wasn’t hungry, even then, made myself eat, I had a prawn and mushroom omelette with two eggs oh and 2 spring onions added too, really tasty. I bought an espresso machine as a gift to me and been trying it all day, and I’m coffee logged trying to master it! Obviously all black today, cappuccino last night was yummy, just trying to get a long black right without being bitter , oh well trial and error. Well good luck to you all, see you in the morning for weigh in, good bad or plateaued, doesn’t matter, just get it down so we can look back at the end of the year. Have a good night team πŸ˜€ …CG xxx

I am soooo feeling the love on this thread! πŸ™‚

Happy New Year everyone! πŸ˜€

So nice to have you back GG…..you skinny gal you! So glad you had a nice holiday, it sounds awesome…..wish I had stowed away after all!

Welcome to our thread Barata…..knowing that you are maintaining your goal and enjoying your life and health benefits of 5:2 really gives me encouragement and hope that this will be me in about 12 months time…..have 15 kgs to get to goal..

JenMic…..you will find that there is so much to be positive about with 5:2, it’s just so completely doable and easy once you get the hang of it, welcome we look forward to sharing your journey with you πŸ™‚

I didnt fast today, but will fast tomorrow and Monday….then not so sure as my son gets here on Tuesday (woo hoo) so things will be out of routine..

Foxy you must be so excited having your son coming over from the east to see you. Such a precious time. We will be here when you get back to 5:2, your time together is just so much more important….. Have a ball making memories and don’t forget the photo’s.. πŸ˜€ ….CG xxxx

Hi everyone. Weigh Day. This morning I am 106kg exactly. That’s 4kg gone since 1st Dec and everything I gained over the hols and a little bit more so I am very pleased. Just goes to show that you can gain 1.5kg in 2 days but it can disappear almost as quickly too, so stressing is baseless. All the best with your weigh-ins today and whatever the result remember it’s the big picture that matters.

You are right @gg1. Trying to focus on that as my weight hasn’t changed this week and I had high hopes for the first weigh in of the year. I had started to walk this week whereas I hadn’t really done anything before.
    Oh well, there is always next week. πŸ™

Foxy, thanks for the welcome. One of the nice things about what has been achieved is my face looks so much healthier (not that it is an oil painting at any time) with the double chin gone – for good! Where is your son coming from, and how long has he been away?

Well done, GG1! Isn’t it soooo satisfying to look at the long-term and know you can do it?

B

Morning all. Welcome JenMic πŸ™‚ This is really a great place to start. Lots of help and encouragement. Well my fast didn’t work again yesterday. It’s just too hard with visitors and going out etc etc. I put back .9 of what I lost after Christmas, but next week I’ll be seriously back! Monday will be day one again for me this year.
    GG1 You have done well! You must have a lot of willpower…
    CG your omelette sounds yummy πŸ™‚ it’s funny how sometimes you can go the whole day and not feel hungry and other days… well the mind plays tricks I think. Best wishes all, and don’t stress too much. I really think next week is the beginning, we are still in the silly season! (or is it just me )

Hi girls, I was going to stop posting, I’m starting to think I’m the only one interested maybe I should just start reading like others and not worry about posting. No great news, still on a plateau, like you’ve said, there’s always next week. GG1 you are doing so well, keep up the good work…CG

Good Morning ADs
    And big big Welcome to all newbies. Rest assured, you are at the right place for support, encouragement, inspiration and good news stories. Welcome again!!!
    Andrew, I will say this again…. you are so humble. Thanks heaps for your encouraging positive words.
    Well Done to each and everyone of us to come so far. We may have gained some weight some weeks :-(, may have ost some weeks :-)… but overall, the losses are amazing πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ and that’s why we deserved all the Christmas celebrations including rum balls, chocolates, dinners, lunches and so on….
    Its a new Year now, so HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!
    I did not weigh myself as 31st Dec and 1st Jan were eating out days again. But I am back at fasting again from today. Hubby will be joining in from Monday too. So, hopefully things will be easier from here on πŸ˜‰ This means that he will not bring in those chips, pizzas and chocolates which may make me sway…

GG…. where are you? We all have been missing your charm and and positivity here. And claps claps claps for losing weight during holidays… yipeeeeee
    CG, a big thanks for starting this thread.
    Foxy enjoy your time with your son and as CG mentioned, these are always memories to cherish.
    Linda, do not worry, once the relatives are gone and festivities are over you will be in full swing of fasting again.
    Bali, thinking of you and hope you had good holidays.
    GG1, well done for kicking those 4 kilos away forever.

For me Rolllllllll on the fast today…. Ciao

Well there wouldn’t be much to read if you did that! @countrygal.
    People seem to get a lot from just reading sometimes but it would be nice for you to get some feedback occasionally so it is a 2 way street!

Noooooooooooooooooooo CG. Please please please don’t stop posting. You keep this thread alive. Please please please do not stop posting

And yes, thanks heaps everyone who helped me to feel better when I saw an increase in weight including CG, FC, Uptight, Andrew, Linda, Foxy and all others

Morning all! Back home on the coast . We decided to stay a few extra days in Sydney catching up with family.

Welcome to our new members… so good to have you with us!

Could not post as Mum’s computer locked me out after my last post.

CG and Foxy thank you both for your warm welcome back.

FOXY- have a wonderful time with your son !

Today’s weigh in was a negitive…. 1 kg on…No exercise ,food wine and YES those rum balls… such an Aussie tradition….My brother in law is a chef . He did pork crackling which we missed out having on Lord Howe….soooooo it was full on in that department!

Will seriously get back to 5:2 next week….. Not feeling at all guilty. I agree LINDANAF the silly season is still with us.

Have a wonderful day…….GO GAL

HAY CG ,what is this $%%^& about not posting!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Where would we all be without you. You keep us inspired and encouraged! With your incrediable positivity.

What’s going on?

Girls, this thread is a passion of mine, the 5:2 is a real way of life and yes I am enthusiastic about both. I know life goes on with so many other things but if you could all check in at least every second day, I wouldn’t feel like I’m talking to cyber space and getting no response. I’m so interested in seeing you all do well, you know that but I need feedback too as upt said, and I’ve noticed most other threads are “chockers” most days with responses. It’s at a stage when I don’t really know if we DO have followers. Your journey is as important to me as mine is and we need each other for support, not just one voice calling out in the wilderness. With that off my chest, have a great day fasting or not. Please be so careful with the heat and bushfires. It’s not just us country people needing to be alert. Take care team and stay in touch….CG

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.