Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,251 through 14,300 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all!
    CG, it’s good to hear Bella is improving all the time. She’s getting used to her new surroundings and is relaxing more and more all the time. I’m sure she’ll be fine. No gain is always a win, especially when you’ve had a lot on your mind. At times like that, there is a temptation to comfort eat or to consume cals mindlessly, so well done for staying on track.
    SJ, ha, ha….you forget what weight you were! Just like me! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think we’re becoming more and more like twins every day! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Best of luck with that tests and buy yourself something nice! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘
    Very pleased with weigh in this morning after another good fast yesterday. Lost .9kg and am now 65.4. More determined than ever to stay on track now that things are working again for me, but scared I’ll ruin it all in Spain. I’ve really proved to myself that snacking is my Achilles heel. All I have to do is remember that! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Woohoo Fit, what a fantastic result for you, you’re kicking butt, well doneโ˜บ๏ธ Don’t let numbers on the scales ruin a wonderful holiday in Spain at any cost! A week or so away from 5:2 wont undo all your hard work, and with the heat you have predicted, I’d assue it will be light eating anyway, albeit with some elbow bendingโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’• Cuddles xxx

Oooh, you can bet your bottom dollar there’ll be lots of elbow bending! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿป๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Oh hear, hear – congrats on the grand losses, SJ and Fit! And CG no gain is always a good thing. Even after a fast, because it sometimes takes a day for the scale to reflect. And fie on the scale anyway, I think I went a month without letting it bark at me. What goes up must come down. So I’m down .5 lb but can’t say it’s will power, just a touch of weird nausea. Effing drugs.๐Ÿ˜ก

Fit maybe you can turn that elbow bending into some cardio! ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’ช Might end up a bit sloshed, but then OH would get some cardio carrying you home. Hey, a win win๐Ÿ˜œ. I know the fear, though – just stay mindful, it’ll be fine, we know you can do it!โ™ฅ๏ธ And above all else, have a wonderful time. x

CG, the reports on Bella are wonderful, she seems to be feeling so much better poor little thing – fingers crossed for her.๐Ÿ’Ÿ She and Gypsy sure are a handful for you! And your photos…so beautiful.
    Not sure what a wriggle on is, but Fit I’m thinking you should wriggle on over to fb to see the scenery.
    Hugs to all the team and for TGIF over here๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ”†โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿธjadexxx

Ha Jade, if OH tried to carry me anywhere, we’d both end up in hospital! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ Well done on your loss too, it all counts! How did your mini road trip go?

Lol, Fit – my OH couldn’t even carry me over the threshold those many years ago๐Ÿ˜‚ Pleased to report we actually got in the car finally (1 p.m.) and drove 3+ hours to a lake community south of us. Drove around looking for possible weekend/permanent cabin ideas, got home around 10 p.m.๐ŸŽ‰ The puppies had fun too, as we got out only en masse for potty breaks.๐Ÿถ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿƒ Then OH researched online today and saw that the area is rather too opposite from us in their views (not wanting to get political here). But still a win win – at least $200,000 saved AND a nice day exploring. Oh and big plus, my back did fine!๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿทxx

Oh by the way SJ – I told OH I was ready to try dry needling because you recommended it and I didn’t know anyone else who’d had it to treat a similar problem. Lol he said “I’VE BEEN HAVING IT FOR YEARS FOR MY BACK AND HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU TO TRY IT.” I seriously never heard him say that, but oops -sorry dear! Guess I listen more closely to my teammates.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Žxx

Jade, it’s amazing how selective deafness sets in after years of close proximity! I’ve been guilty of it several times ๐Ÿ˜ณ Glad to hear that your back survived the day out too, excellent! I totally understand how carefully you have to choose where you settle, for all sorts of reasons! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Good morning-evening team, what lovely chatter happening whilst I slept. It is lovely to wake up and read with my first coffee๐Ÿ˜Š Jade I’m glad the day trip did come off and there were no side (back) effects for you๐Ÿ˜‰ I have had the dry needling at my chiropractors and golly, they heard me scream all over town! I’m not telling you that to scare you, just a “suttle” warning, but hay, they worked. I was badly knotted up, and he really hit the spot! He seemed to twist/wriggle it once it was in, but he is used to me swearing, and gets a laugh out of it….lhe’s also used to me calling him a sadist. ๐Ÿ˜ก It’s almost instant relief but the following day you feel the magic……and it’s over with very quickly๐Ÿ˜‰
    Fit, you are so slim and have a beautiful figure, I find it hard to ever imagine you too heavy for o/h to carry you ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š
    We seem to be hit and miss with posters again, ๐Ÿ˜ and our F/B page is getting all the traffic. Fit it’s only you we are waiting on. Our page IS private and nothing to worry you my dear friend…..c’mon, bite the bullet and join us, you are missing so much and we all miss you terribly ๐Ÿ’—โ˜บ๏ธI’ll send you another invitation to join, and just click the link and follow the instructions…easy, cuddles xxxxx

Another good week with the excesses from visiting and cooking for my son have gone. Nothing much is happening here with all the cold weather. Spring is not far away all the wattles and daffodils area blooming which lifts your spirits. The other decidious trees are budding up another welcome sign. I still have a few ore plants to go into the ground. I will try and do that this week. The ground is still waterlogged so I am having to mow the grass with a hand mower. Slow and steady I am getting there. I consider this as firming and toning exercise and at the end of it you can see something accomplised.

Hi there CG & Jade I’ve never screamed with dry needling but I’ve sure said Ooh yes, that’s the spot. And yes it is very short. I did say to one of my physios a way back that she enjoyed it too much too CG! But she’d just say Good that’s exactly what we want and she’s right of course. The relief is wonderful. Well now that you’ve listened to us Jade make an app’t PLEASE….pretty please! And of course you listen to your teammates ๐Ÿ™‚ And fabulous that you DID eventually go for your drive and even better….that your back survived YEAH!
    Fit yes we’re cyber twins! Never thought I’d do that ever. My test went OK yesterday & the technician said she’d seen far worse carotid arteries than mine but guess we’ll wait and see what the report & my dr say. At least I was a bit relieved so yes, I did go and buy a nice top that happened to be $25 instead of $89. Not bad ๐Ÿ™‚
    Gee you’re right CG about the posters…it’s gone right down again! Where IS everyone? Come on team I thought we were ready and rearing to go again now that spring is almost here (sorry Jade & Fit). We need that encouragement & motivation from each other. We need team support! So come on & post your losses or gains or same-sames. It doesn’t matter so long as you’re still 5:2ing you’ll make it.

It’s been such a wet, wet miserable week here that I’m longing for spring & a sunny dry day. Yesterday on our next town was a pretty nice day. Today back here it’s gloomy skies again ….no rain yet! Hoping to get out for a walk as haven’t managed one all week. Have a great weekend all and enjoy your treats in moderation and stay away from snacking – a downfall for LOTS of us Fit. suejen XXXX

Hi all!
    Older d popped home for flying visit yesterday evening and my sister, her OH and my sis in law joined us for a few glasses of wine and peach schnapps to celebrate her new job. Lovely time.
    CG, thanks for the compliments and invite to FB (again!) I promise I’ll join very soon when I have one of my ds here to supervise so that I don’t do anything stupid! Unfortunately, there wasn’t time to do so last night but it will happen soon. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    SJ, I’m so glad you’ve had some reassurance from the technician and delighted to hear you got such a bargain too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ It’s lovely to see signs of Spring, it really lifts the spirits. You can see the days getting shorter here already but today is nice and warm and the forecast for the next few days is good, so we’ll take what we can get.
    Ok, I’m going to make a start on my packing or at least, planning for packing! I’m aiming for a ‘less is more’ approach with mix and match items. Ha, as if that ever worked for me before! I’m more of a ‘I’ll take this too, just in case’, type of packer! Wish me luck! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Morning team – Fit, what a delightful evening, with wonderful news to celebrate๐ŸŽ‰Happy times!! Good luck packing, I’m the same way, very strict until almost out the door, then all sorts of extras hop in๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘• And yes, do get a kid for Fb help. When I first got on (even after D’s help) I mistook “suggested” friend requests for actual requests TO me. Gosh I was amazed at how instantly popular I was! So I sent friend requests to about 50 people I didn’t know. Oh well – good thing the page CG set up is private๐Ÿ˜‰

SJ, sounds like promising news so far from your tech, fingers crossed for more๐Ÿ˜˜ I did start to call for a physio visit yesterday, but OH said perhaps wait until after next Tuesday’s injection, which sounded logical. I stopped the exercises for now, went for a long dog walk yesterday instead. I’m fed up with my doc’s generic solutions but hopeful the physio will provide customized care.

Ah CG you’ve had the needling too? Good to know how helpful it’s been – I don’t mind needles, been stuck so often, given blood, etc. and let’s face it, after childbirth very little can scare or embarrass us!๐Ÿ’ช

I’m sad to see the last days of summer here. I’ve not been able to properly tend the garden lately, but some very fat bugs and rabbits are enjoying it! Nice to think we’ll be passing the season to friends though, isn’t it, Fit? It’s my first summer as an Aussie, seems like so much longer.๐Ÿ’› Oh btw I found my lost 1/2 lb – I knew it hadn’t gone far๐Ÿ˜œ. No fasting this weekend though, just mindful gratitude I can move again๐Ÿšถand shhh don’t tell anyone but I soft-jogged for a block or two on the walk. The dachshund made me.๐Ÿ™„jadexx

Oh, Jade, you’re incorrigible! “The dachshund made me!” ๐Ÿ˜‚ Just like the olympics ‘made’ me lie around on the couch all afternoon watching sport……that’s the nearest I came to a soft jog! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰ As for your half lb….I’m sure if you just coughed or sneezed, that would be gone…..it’s not worth even thinking about!

Yes those Olympians have stolen many an evening from me. I’m sure I’d have been doing something incredibly useful otherwise๐Ÿ˜‚ Like maybe sleeping. Not sneezing oh please no!๐Ÿ˜ง Hey, competitive packing and unpacking may be your sport, Fit!๐ŸŽ–Or trying on clothes – nothing wears me out like that, surely a ton of calories burnt.๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜

Absolutely! You should have seen me trying on a selection of swimsuits! I don’t remember having to be a contortionist to wear one, but boy, did I work up a sweat seeing which ones are still decent enough to appear in, out in public! Eeeeek! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Trying on swimsuits, lol an EXCELLENT stretching exercise, trying to catch a glimpse of one’s bum in the mirror ๐Ÿ˜Œ – I’ve actually done the granny look-thru-the-knees pose. ๐Ÿค” Thankful I have quite a selection of swimwear to last many seasons. I especially love trying on slacks that are tight in the hips yet gapping enough for a second person at the waist – WHO CAN WEAR THOSE. Wish I had a personal shopper, just my size, who could simply bring the clothes to me….a girl can dream.๐Ÿ˜xx

Good morning-evening team, I’m with you Jade, needing a personal shopper, there is no one size 10 fits ALL size 10’s….or whatever size. It depends on the cut….or where it was made, frustrating!! If I find slacks I like the cut of, I usually buy 2-3 even in different colours,knowing the fit is good, but how many try on’s do we go through to get to that grrr๐Ÿ˜ก I too have enough swim suits to outlast me๐Ÿ˜Š Basically for water aerobics these days, but they are expensive, so grabbed a few at end of season sales…..then went overboard!
    News still isn’t good with Bella, I went to my vet yesterday a grabbed another injection for her, so reeeeeally hoping to see improvement this morning. It’s a day by day saga!
    Beautiful day expected here, so Fit maybe we are getting some of your weatherโ˜บ๏ธ but fortunately, no humidity this time of year.
    Have a great day team, plan and prepare for our fast tomorrow, it’s sooo
    worth it, cuddles๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxx

Hi all!
    Oh, poor Bella! I hope the injection does the trick. It’s so worrying for you, CG. Have you spoken to the farmer who sold her to you? Maybe he has seen this happen before and could offer some advice. I really hope she starts to improve soon. You’re so right about the clothes sizing, it’s a lottery! Mostly, I shop in the same few stores which I know have sizing that seems to suit my shape.
    Jade, one of my sisters has the same complaint as you…..she has a tiny waist in comparison to her hips and thighs and just finds it so frustrating and difficult to find trousers that fit. I didn’t bother looking through my knees, lol, but I’m hoping the swimsuits cover what they need to! Unfortunately, they won’t be able to cover my gorgeously dimpled thighs, but you can’t have everything! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Dimples are cute, right?!

HI ladies have to contribute to the swimsuit topic! I swam once in the pool at our son & DIL’s place with the kids. The 2 older grandies (2 & 4) rapped on the door when I was changing so I let them in. Then no 1 says Ooh why are your legs so big & why are they all dimpled (lumpy I think she said!)? Answered that one & then Ooh what are the greeny/black things running down your legs (veins)? Then it was Your legs are funny Grandma. After that I covered up with a towel till I got in the pool!!! Kind of shattered my ego for a while but then realised that they’ve never been to the beach or to a public pool so never seen an old ladies’ legs probably.
    CG hope today has seen an improvement with Bella but if not she has had the most love and care that she could possibly get from ANYONE!
    Jade I don’t have your trouble as don’t have a tiny waist…lucky if they fit me round the waist and have the hips to match it. Always have done even before I put on weight. Curvaceous is a positive spin on it! Gee ladies buying one swimsuit that I’m happy with is enough mental & physical effort for me. You ARE incorrigible lady soft- jogging and your excuse is that the dachshund made you!! Hah we used to have a dachshund and I know jolly well that we used to have to DRAG her along anywhere! Not a keen walker you could say.
    Well PH you can’t have much more time left with your family. Hope you’re not too too sad when they go. You’ve had such a wonderful time you shouldn’t be & lots of wonderful memories to reflect on & photos to print.
    Gyps hope things are going OK with treatment & that they system is treating you OK and not giving you too many hassles.

Back to the football now & then some more Olympics. suejen XXXX

I’m chuckling into my coffee here at our tribulations with shopping and swimsuits! Lol SJ even my grown daughter looked at my legs and said “what happened to your skin?” Ha ha, it was quite the surprise for me too, dear. Yes Fit, dimples are cute!! These bods have served us well for many years๐Ÿ’› so they’re entitled to a few “holidays” here and there.

Still crossing fingers for Bella, CG, and hoping the problem is fixable. And soon some new ones are coming? You’ll be the fittest girl around with all that exercise. I do so love the photos of your place, just gorgeous.๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’• Hint hint, they’re on FB, Fit….

Girls, my dachshund really does like to run, just not far. And then he wants to lie down in the grass, usually halfway thru the walk. So we have an extended cooling-off period after the maybe 1/8 km jog. He’s hilarious๐Ÿถโ™ฅ๏ธ The Aussie meanwhile runs in a circle around us this whole time, as if we’re his band of sheep, so I’m swinging his leash above my head like a lasso. Ta da, a full-body workout for me!

A bit of wtf nausea is hanging around here, reminds me of morning sickness๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚. Oh well, nothing serious, but until it passes I’m sticking with good nutrition and mindfulness. Cheers to the fasters, from my cozy spot here in the bleachers.๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’›โ˜บ๏ธxxxx

Hi all, I’m back home, a little worse for wear and sad but ready to get stuck into the routine again. Travelling really knocks the Old back around. Planning my first proper fast day for a while and so with me luck. I have not had time to read through the posts so will do so when I can and comment then. Did not make it to the pool this morning as I have just woke. Up and it is 9.30…must have really needed the sleep. We had a wonderful two last days took little Joel to see a glow worm cave and he was fascinated, did lots of eating out and coffee stops ( a special one just with my son for a deep and meaningful) and lovely meals, we found a wonderful Japanese place that did takeaways, absolutely beautiful food and we picnicked at a great lookout. Also had a great game of mini golf with the whole family. Such fun.

So ready to get back into 5.2 .feeling very bloated. Just scanned up for a bit and wow looks like everyone is kicking arse!! Such great losses…well done…๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰.now for me to do the same. Best get up and get going. Have lots to do before D and friend come over tomorrow to do a full days cleaning, ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Jade, your pooches sound like right characters! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well and hoping that it passes soon.
    PH, you must be totally exhausted! I hope your back is better soon. Best of luck getting back on the 5:2 horse, I’m sure you’ll smash it just like everything else you’ve tackled lately! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘
    I’m in shock here after watching Andy Murray winning gold at the Olympics…..thrilling, nail biting battle! Fantastic to watch but nerve wracking! It’s half past one in the morning, so I best get off to bed ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ด

HI All well PH you’re baaack! Welcome & back into fasting already – go girl ๐Ÿ™‚ Jade luv hearing of the antics of your dachshund. But gee that word stumps me every time & I pride myself on being such a good speller but have to check YOUR spelling with that one! Sorry you’ve got some nausea hanging around. Man you’ve had a bad run-in! Good idea to just stay in the bleachers my dear ๐Ÿ™‚
    CG let us know about Bella when you get the chance {{{{ }}}}
    Fit I hope you’ve gone to bed now!! The Olympics mean heaps of us are up at all sorts of hours of the night. Just watched Usain Bolt win the 100m in style. It’s tricky with 3 channels as we nearly missed the run – we were on a different olympics channel.

Well onto FD number 1. Had my coffee now for the long fast – well as long as I can make it. didn’t even need my HB egg last week, just went right through to dinner. And have lots of my sausage casserole left over in the freezer so all is ready. OH says he can’t eat that recipe any more (has lentils & he’s IBS inclined) so next time I make it will have heaps to bag up in the freezer! Have a good controlled day all those who are fasting. Could I possibly see 73 this week maybe??? suejen XXXX

G’day everyone, I hope this finds you all well this morning!
    Again a little break from posting and I have had a bit of fun over the weekend so my today’s fast will hopefully counteract any damage! I had a weigh in on Friday with no further loss but I am perfectly fine with that considering the junk I had consumed.

I went for a 40km bike ride on Friday. Gee whiz, my legs were aching well into the night. Then Saturday morning hubby and I went bush to pick up some firewood which was very physical for about 3 hours. I am sort of hoping that may help with the loss this week. Anyway, it seems the mindful eating on non fast days only seems to happen during the week then come the weekend, I just eat anything and everything. I need to try and fix that if I want to see good results. So here is my struggle- next weekend I am in Adelaide for the final round of football and then an irish race day at the gee gee’s. It will be hard to resist the temptation of great food and bevies!

CG, I hope your little Bella is doing better. Everything crossed for her.
    Good luck seeing 73 Suejen, I am sure you will nail it!
    Jade, sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. Glad you are aware and taking care of yourself, I hope it passes soon. In the meantime please continue with your entertaining posts. I just love them!

Good luck today to all that are fasting.

Smiles
    xxxx
    Mandy

Hi team, sorry for the late post, pretty full on morning, between the calves and a doctors appt. I’ve had a bad neck now for…going into week 5, giving awful headache into the base of my head so saw my chiro twice but no better, but been having “spells” of thinking I was going to faint๐Ÿ˜ฑ once when driving with the boys and had to pull over, another when shopping, the shop assistant near by rushed to catch me as I grabbed for something to hang onto…..they only last a minute or so but my daughter insisted I get it checked….well, I’m only four years off 70๐Ÿ˜ฑShock horror!! It turns out my doctor thinks it’s arthritis in the neck shoulder region,, x-rays tomorrow, but the fainting is due to the swell of pain? And it does catch me at times. My B.P. Was perfect so will follow through. I did ask him to change the diognosis because I don’t have time for anything else….but he just laughed at me! Fasting today with the rest of you, not at all hungry, it’s surprising how the brain AND Aussie Determination kicks in ๐Ÿ˜Š plus I’ve been too rushed to have anything other than my morning coffee.
    No time to mow today, but tomorrow is predicted to be lovely too, so hope to get to it after my xray๐Ÿ˜Š
    Think positive team, stay busy, the day will be gone as will another fast……cuddles ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‰xxxx
    I forgot, it was FB I posted, Bella seems a lot more improved this morning, it’s still a day to day thing, but feeling a lot more positive about her progress ๐Ÿฎxx

Hi all!
    SJ, I missed Usain Bolt because I just couldn’t stay up any longer after the tennis and I was drained emotionally too! I’m sure it will be shown again today. Our boxer, Katie Taylor, is on today and would have been one of our medal hopefuls but she’s fallen out with her dad who was her coach, so she’s not been in the best of form. It’s been a pretty disastrous games for the Irish so far. Well done to all the Aussies for their success! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Jade, you should look for the YouTube interview with the two Irish Donovan brothers who won a medal in rowing. It’s hilarious! It will be good training for interpreting the accent…..in fact, if you can understand them, I’ll give you a medal myself! I hope your nausea has passed….maybe the ‘soft jog’ wasn’t such a good idea? ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’š
    Mandy, great to see you’re still with us. ๐Ÿ‘ I find the weekend hard too even though I’m retired and it really shouldn’t make any difference! Somehow, you feel like little treat or visitors pop by and the next you know, you’ve had cake or wine or both! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Well done on the long cycle….brilliant! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, so sorry to hear about your neck problems and its side effects. My neck trouble also turned out to be arthritis and I found the traction and ultrasound very helpful. Dizzy spells are not funny, take care my dearest friend ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’• I hope Bella has turned a corner and at least, that will be one less worry for you. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I’m off to buy a few last minute things for Spain. It’s a gorgeous day here today, so I’ll be acclimatising! Lol, only need another 15 or 20 degrees to catch up with there! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜…

Hi team, late start for me, It’s great to see you back PH, big hugs xxx – sounds like the grandest family reunion possible.โ™ฅ๏ธ
    Nice to see you again too, Mandy – we definitely know all the verses to that song “the fun weekend” – worth every minute I hope, and 5:2 to the rescue after.๐Ÿ’ช

Fit, I’m tickled you are still shopping for Spain, that’s so like me. Even things I’ve done without for 6 months, I simply must have for a trip. Shoes are a big item for me. No doubt I’ll need some new ones for Ireland! Water and windproof๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’จ๐ŸŒฆ

CG I’d wager we all have arthritis in the neck/spine, surely there is an anti-inflam or something? I mean, that trail has been blazed countless times. Hoping you find an easy solution. I know the feeling of not having time for the non-easy ones! High five to Bella for eating like a good cow (and like her sis Gypsy)๐Ÿ’›

SJ good luck fasting – funny about the word dachshund, I took several years of German in college and I just remember “hund” is hound, spellcheck does the rest๐Ÿ˜‰ Such a solid guttural language, very different from the Romance languages. Oh and wasn’t Usain Bolt amazing? I’ve never move my legs that fast in my life.

And no fast for me today, just too much drama at school. I think the nausea has passed though๐ŸŽ‰probably just a mild bug. I get another shot tomorrow, oh boy! Maybe I’ll feel like a true fast later this week. Lord, the a/c man is finally here – hugs team!โ™ฅ๏ธjadexx

Hi Jade…..it was mostly stuff for OH, I really couldn’t justify packing any more items for myself! At this stage, I think the balance is probably 95% for me and 5% for him! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ I did find a brilliant sunscreen for the face that you just spray on and it can even go over makeup. It sounds amazing and should be very handy because we’ll be eating outside every evening at various restaurants while it’s still sunny. Usain Bolt was just terrific, very impressive! Hope your injection goes well tomorrow. You’re right to cut yourself some slack on the fasting front, your nausea probably substituted for a fd anyway. Did you mean to imply you’re getting hugs from the a/c guy!?๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ณ Lol!

Hi team, magic day here due, 19 believe it or not is predicted, so a bit of a warning of what summer will bring and maybe an early one. Fit I can relate to your packing, it’s an art I’m useless at. I pack so much “just in case” and rarely need any of it…..but you never know? It’s THE most exciting part of the planning and adding a couple of new outfits is the icing, enjoy every minute of it, I’m so pleased life is good for you๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•
    Jade, luck with the next injection, often they are painless too, just depends who does it, but for such a short time, for long term relief, it’s so worth it. I am watching “How to get away with murder” on Netflix, are YOU that sort of teacher? What a ball for the students๐Ÿ˜Š
    PH, the end is neigh for the family visit, tears will flow, but the memories are for ever, cuddlesโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’—
    Planning on mowing most of today, basically a tidy up before the growth season hit, which can almost be twice a week mowing, good thing I enjoy it, but above all,like my property looking clean and neat…..and not like a “man” doesn’t live here and I’m not managing! My fast was good and looking for good choices for my NFD’s but NOT sweating the small stuff, we can afford to enjoy our food “normal” does have a few restrictions but mainly portion control, so nothing is off limit!
    “Feed your mind a positive seed in the morning, and harvest the reward
    all day”๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‰ Cuddles xxxxx

Morning all, pleased to say that the FD went very well. Only a cup of coffee around lunch time and then dinner at night. 403 cals.. Whoopee!! Did. It think that I would be able to get back to not eating until dinner so fast. Now if I can just control myself today and eat sensibly and have another fast day tomorrow!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
    SJ wow girl you are smashing it. Give me great inspiration as we seem to lose at about the same rate so I’m hoping to see 96 on Friday. Mind you I did not weigh last week so not sure what my starting point was. good luck with the 73.

CG. Bummer about the neck pain. know exactly what it is like. I guess we are all falling apart at the seams with the dreaded arthritis. Hope you get it sorted soon, good news about Bella.

Jade. Naughty, naughty, soft jogging!! Can’t help yourself can you? Sounds like you are struggling most of all in your acceptance of not being able to do what up you used to till the old back settles down properly. It will come my friend!! Patience is hard for you , but necessary ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ you will be back to your old self, going at 100 miles an hour in time..

Fit..great news about your D ..so many of you with psychologists for daughters!! Amazing in such a small group. My D went for an interview for a full time position yesterday. Teaching is so hard to get into on the beautiful North Coast..Usually you have to do quite a few years of casual to get your foot in the door so it would be wonderful if she manages to snare a position so soon. Fingers crossed….enjoy Spain and make sure you catch a lot of eye candy…those handsome spaniards……๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Gyps. Read three chapters yesterday…..brilliant …loving it..๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

Up. Hope those pesky headaches are gone for a while. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Nice to see your post WM. Keep on track even when you are not losing regularly. I know what you mean about weekends, if you still do the two FD during the week you should maintain. Well done so,far.

Well no rest for the wicked..I must have been really bad…..D and friend coming over today to start the Big Clean( one of the advantages of being casual still) ….so best get up and at it..๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi all. Can’t remember when I last posted but I have been reading.

SJ and CG, what medical news you have both had. I guess losing weight will make all those things easier to manage and you are both good at it.

Just back from Sydney. The less said about food the better. Hoping to get back into it again. I seem to be going up and down but basically staying the same in the end so obviously need to try harder.

Have a good week all.

CG, don’t give me any encouragement about the packing……imagine what I’m going to be like when I come for WTF 2017! ๐Ÿ‘—๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘˜๐Ÿ‘ก๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘’๐ŸŽ’๐Ÿ•ถ Take care doing the mowing.
    PH, well done on getting stuck in straight away. Brilliant! Best of luck to your d too, it’s hard to get started in a permanent position. However, every interview is great experience and a step closer to success. Don’t overdo the cleaning!
    UP, good to hear from you. Hope the headaches are gone and I’m sure you’ll be back in the swing of 5:2 in no time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi all, so many happy and wonderful events you have all had over the past weeks. Unfortunately some are still suffering with the aches and pains. Hope that you will be on the mend soon.
    Fast day for me today….I made the most srumdidily umpsich rocky road over the weekend with macadamia nuts and turkish delight, have been like a kid at tuck shop enjoying every peice! Well that is definately on hold for today
    I have managed to stay at 78kgs.
    Nothing exciting happening for me at this time ….just working each day but doing something different with each client.
    Catch up later……love GO GALXXXXX

Hi GG, lovely to see you posting, and definately rocky road takes priorityโ˜บ๏ธ I’m sure with the summer months coming your loss will be showing in no time๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—
    Fit our weather is so fickle over here so you WILL need plenty of “what if” clothes .but of course, you can always buy them here too ๐Ÿ˜† xxxxxx
    Just waiting on my sparky to install my new range hood,then out to mow, he’s due any minute. Bella again touch and go this morning, I’m really going to have to make a big decission soon, especially when the new ones come, sad but true…xxxx

Hi all, just having some couch time. D got a phone call this morning….did not expect to hear for weeks ..anyway she has a full time position for next year, she will find out tomorrow if it is permanent when she goes in for a meeting. She also applied for a position at another school in the diocese so hence the early feedback so she could pull out of the other interview process….so it is evident that this school does not want to lose her so great news. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—.

Sorry about Bella CG …always a difficult decision knowing if she could pull through or not. If not you have certainly given her every opportunity to survive. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Rocky road GG. My favourite!! I’m lucky I can’t cook ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

UP you are constantly on the go from here to there. It must be very hard to stick to the program doing that. Good news that you are maintaining and can get back to being serious. Good luck๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Brr chilly mornings still here CG no 19 for us I don’t think, but we have had some brief touches of spring – lovely! Just can’t wait. Gee Bella is certainly giving you the highs and lows of it all isn’t she. But what a heart breaking decision to have to make CG! Hope it doesn’t come to that & maybe she picks up on the vibes that she better start thriving ๐Ÿ™‚ Back on your mower today – if it’s sunny and warm you’ll love that!!
    GG how did you POSSIBLY manage to enjoy rocky road like that aaand stay the same weight??? Hope you’re still enjoying the variety of your work GG.
    Oh Fit I could watch the interview with those 2 Irish brothers a hundred times and still not understand half of what they say – well particularly the talkative one! He’s a hoot!! And such a droll humour. Very funny. When do you leave for Spain & how long for? Must be getting quite close & your suitcase must be getting close to stuffed by now. I packed better for our 9 week trip to the USA/Canada & I did at least wear ALL of the clothes I took which was an improvement, but some only once so really they weren’t needed either. Next time I’m determined to start shopping earlier so that I purposely buy outfits that you can mix and match in similar hues. I love bright colours but that doesn’t work well for holiday packing ie you need this pair of pants to wear with that top but doesn’t go with much else! Next time maybe?! I must be a slow learner. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Up I get my results (all of them I think) on Thursday with my GP. He says I’m going to be seeing a lot of him so he obviously thinks it’s all fairly serious, but will wait till Thursday. Have physio today so will be interesting to see her view on the CT scans of my neck.
    PH you really did just sail back into fasting didn’t you! I had way more trouble than that. Gosh is there still anything to clean up at your place – can’t be surely!!! Has your house had an open day yet?

Well we have tree cutters in the yard today getting rid of some diseased trees & a couple the neighbours complained about so pretty noisy. OH has got back into his garden like there’s no tomorrow. Honestly that man has so much energy I feel like a tortoise sometimes. I quite like it when he gets back into painting…it’s less frantic….and he sits still!! Didn’t like my weight much today so have obviously been eating too much on my NFD’s. Serves me right for weighing again when I said I’d kicked the habit! No more scales till Friday. suejen XXXX

PH our posts crossed. Great news re your D – how wonderful. I know how hard it is to get permanent or full-time work as a teacher & worked many long-term relief positions till it happened. And it’s always good when the same school picks you up for the next year. You know you’re doing something right! Well done to her ๐Ÿ™‚ sj

PH great news regarding your daughter.
    SJ do not know why.?.the kilos stayed away. But it was great that they did! The metabolism must be working its magic or vould it be all the house cleaning I have been doing of late….mind you I have not had any Sav for 2 weeks now since my last stint 3weeks ago. Treats and good food are working……GO GALXXXX

Hi all!
    GG, brilliant job on maintenance despite rocky road…..unbelievable! Your version sounds totally delicious and I’m not surprised you kept nibbling at it. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ Great will power too staying off the sav! Woohoo! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช
    CG, how is Bella now? All the emotional ups and downs are very wearing for you. I hope the outcome is good but rest assured no one could do more than you’re doing. I bet being out on your ride on lifted your spirits. It’s a beautiful morning again here with temps of between 20 and 26 expected. Yippee! ๐Ÿ˜Žโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    PH, what wonderful news about your d! Everything is coming together for her and she deserves it, having been such a terrific support to you over the last hectic weeks. It sounds like that school know a good thing when they see it! Best of luck to her. Even one year will be a solid foundation for her future career but I’m sure it will lead to greater things. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    SJ, I’m so glad you enjoyed the Donovan brothers, they have become media sensations over here….hilarious! When I was in college, I became friends with a girl from Cork who took me to visit her family during the holidays. For the first few days, she had to act as interpreter as I couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying!
    My niece who lives in France is coming home today with her two gorgeous little girls. Can’t wait to see them! My d in the UK is coming home tomorrow and my other d will come home for a night or two so we can all be together before I go to Spain on Friday…..it’s all go! I did a good fast yesterday but it will be very hard to fit in a second fast this week with all that’s going on. Will try my hardest to be a bit sensible! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜‡

SJ, forgot to wish you well with your test results on Thursday and I hope you got some reassurance from the physio. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•
    Jade, I’ve just had a fab lunch of salad with fresh prawns which my OH bought in Howth…..mmmm! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Hope your shot went ok and that your a/c is working well. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

PH, awesome news about your d’s teaching job!!! You must be on cloud nine, and back in the saddle with a FD too – go you!!

GG, mmmm rocky road… my fave. But for me it really IS a rocky road if I get hold of that stuff. Kudos on the maintenance!! Must be all that hard work you do ๐Ÿ™‚ – hope the fast went well.

Goodness Fit it’s like a game of asteroids for you, with all the kids and celebrations going on, and then to Spain! Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚ – I saw your Irish lads on TV last night, luckily with subtitles! They talk so fast!! But clearly having a great time, love to see such joy.

Up, wow you are always on the go, too – yes, I so agree that sometimes the less said about “what happened” the better. Just enjoy the ride and get back to 5:2 when it’s time.

SJ best of luck with the test results this week and with your physio, fingers crossed for feeling better. Don’t know how you packed for a 9-week trip without taking your whole wardrobe! And lol stay off the scales, they’re evil. They lie. They’re like certain politicians.

CG fingers crossed for you too, with Bella – and congrats on your FD! Know exactly what you mean about living independently, it’s why I have the chainsaw, etc. Never cared for the ladylike image myself. And no, I don’t teach that kind of criminal law but I do teach consumer law, which can be a felony if criminal intent is provable – either way, my kids get a kick out of learning how to fight back. Often it’s just a matter of telling the seller, “you can’t do that, it’s illegal,” and they capitulate rather than get sued. But I’ve had more than one simply say “sue me,” one guy in particular was quite the sexist as well. And so I did – slam dunk, he got a lawyer who immediately begged to settle. Take that, you scoundrel. Ha ha, scoundrel…you know what I am really thinking when I say that.

The a/c is fixed, no I didn’t hug HIM Fit, though I wanted to! And all under warranty thank heavens. Oh and no injection today, I’m so date-challenged! Long story why I was sure it was today…but it was yesterday. They were very nice about it, I’m going next Tuesday instead. The pain is just about gone, as long as I am careful. And by careful, let’s just say I installed a window a/c unit yesterday BUT I asked for the smallest one they had at the local hardware store. Was very careful to lift with both arms, keep the weight straight in front of me, use my knees. Shh don’t tell OH he would give me a world-class lecture – this was a d’s house and I did it before she got home to lecture me. So, call me independent and stubborn, but it’s just a form of aussie determination y’all. We all have it in one form or another ๐Ÿ™‚ Love to allxxxxx
    ps: scale is back down, so something is working here (ha, maybe NOT the scale). But would like to get in a fast, maybe tmw.xx

Hi all….all……all…..all! That’s the echo rattling around this empty thread ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Jade, all you have to do now to get ready for Ireland is watch those two guys again but with the subtitles covered up! Lol! Glad you got your a/c fixed, with or without hugs! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ What are you like…..lifting and installing an a/c unit???!!! I’m sure that wouldn’t be recommended treatment by a physio!
    My younger d arrived home this morning and we had a lovely brunch on the way home from the airport. Looking forward to lots more lovely family times over the next couple of days and then it’s off to Spain. Oh, life is hard sometimes! ๐Ÿ˜’
    Love to everyone, wherever you are or whatever you’re up to!

Oh Fit, I’m so sorry, it’s not only lonely but spooky when you think you are the only one posting,it’s usually me. Two pretty big and emotional days with Bella, decisions to make which weren’t easy….. but going up to the dairy for fresh milk has done the trick and I’m just so thrilled. She really drank with gusto and enjoyed every gulp๐Ÿฎ So of course hoping this lasts and she starts to gain some weight๐Ÿ˜Š How lovely of your daughters to be constant visitors for you๐Ÿ˜‰ Our children are so much a part of us and when they grow, their lives get so busy, so when they.make time, to take time with us it is a joyโ˜บ๏ธ I’m hoping the care plan is workng well with your sister too, and your trip to Spain is priority for you now, not worrying about her. How’s the packng going?๐Ÿ˜
    Fasting again today , last of the week๐Ÿ˜Š Homecare due at 8:30 and Julie is coming today to help me in my garden. So busy busy again. My first priority is feeding the calves of course, and then enjoying the predicted 21 degrees which is hard to believe. It’s very frosty, and bloody cold at the moment, but clear skies naturally so should lead to a lovely day.
    Think positive team, this IS for you, stay in control and reep the benefits๐Ÿ˜Š Cuddlesโ˜บ๏ธxxxxxx

Hi there CG! You’re up early! I’m delighted to hear that Bella is responding well to the new milk. Let’s hope she keeps on improving at last.
    Yes, having lovely family times with daughter, niece and her girls ….not to mention my siblings. Just love it! The carer/ manager is working out brilliantly and my sister’s medication seems to be suiting her, so she’s more alert and in reasonably good form. It’s a huge weight off our shoulders.
    The packing has gone too well! Not much room left for any shopping ๐Ÿ˜ฑ However, I still have to weigh the cases, so there could be some dumping going on tomorrow!
    You have a busy day ahead, hopefully in the sunshine. Best of luck with the fasting. I tried a semi fast today. Might try another one tomorrow. After that, God only knows what’s going to happen but I reckon it won’t be fasting! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•๐ŸŒฏ๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿง๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿพ

Hey there Fit, yes very early mornings because of Bella, but so worth it, I’m going to bed earlier, well, earlier than normal and have the best nights sleep, …just watching the gymnastics golly, they are so clever. Fast should be the last thing on your list whilst in Spain, this has been so long coming as has the peace of mind, enjoy each day darli’ girl cuddles ๐Ÿ’—xxxxx

Hi Fit, I am here, just not a lot to say. Technically a fast day today but I’m just not feeling it ๐Ÿ™

10 am and I haven’t eaten, am never hungry until later but today I am SO hungry. I probably won’t last the distance because I am not motivated today to fast which is unusual.

In case this rings a bell with others, I will write down my theory. I made jam and marmalade recently and often have it now on toast. I don’t normally eat bread or jam but now can’t stop. I need to get back to my regular way of eating because I think the carbs set me up for continual hunger.

Hi Up, I can totally relate, I saw cake at the supermarket and thought yummmm, now I’m not really a cake eater, but came home and made a chocolate cake and mixed choc chips through it, it’s an obsession now, I have it each night with a huge dob of yoghurt๐Ÿ˜ Hopefully once gone, I’ll have had my fill….good luck, and don’t fast if you’re not into it…it is too stressful like that,mleave it another day or two ๐Ÿ˜‰Xxxx

Hi All have to admit I’m in there with all the carb eaters at the moment & I agree Up that it doesn’t help our cause. I’m definitely fasting today but the best that will happen is that I might maintain – if I’m lucky! Anyway maintaining is fine so long as I get my extra eating under control. I mean if I can cope with NOT eating till 4 or 5pm why the hek do I have to snack in between meals or have extra stuff after dinner on NFD’s.
    Today is my dr’s visit so hoping the news will be good or at least manageable. At least I trust my dr implicitly and know that he’ll give me good advice if I have to take further steps. My physio was quite blunt about it…Sue you have to understand your neck is a mess and we have to work to make you stronger in that area, but…we can only do it slowly and in small steps or we’ll do more damage. So…that was a pretty clear message. Do my exercises & watch my posture or else! I have colour dots up everywhere now to remind me to stand straight and tall ๐Ÿ™‚
    CG good news re Bella may it continue. Fit better weigh those cases! We were pleasantly surprised when we weighed ours before we left though from memory I think we did shove a bit of mine into OH’s case! But yes you better have some room left for those little treasures/finds you’re gonna add in!! I have a great earring collection from all over the world – they’re so easy to fit in!!! Never a drama…scarves are my other love & they work well too.
    Jade you SURE are independent and stubborn!! Thank goodness you didn’t to any harm. Now we have to add to the list stay away from air conditioners…that’s along with pooches that make you do a semi jog…and whatever else you HAVEN”T told us about ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a good day everyone who’s fasting. Gyps thinking of you & sending hope & encouragement your way {{{ }}} PH guess we’ll hear from you soon. suejen XXXX

Good Morning all from freeze city here in WA!! I am hanging out for the change in weather when the sun is awake earlier and there is no frost anywhere. Mind you, we invested in a wood fire this year and I am not sure how we managed to live without one for 25 years. It is just the best thing since…intermittent fasting! The down side is I do not want to venture outdoors from the cosiness which can lead to laziness. My stats aren’t looking the best this morning. I broke my rule of weighing myself once a week (Friday) and the result is an 800gm gain on the scales causing my motivation for fast day (today) to be a little less than normal. I am fully aware of how I really put no effort at all in last week so was half expecting the gain anyway. I attempted a 16/8 yesterday to see if that helps with the fast day today. I ate breakfast at 11.30 (so didn’t quite make 16 hrs) and as a consequence just ended up having dinner – so effectively skipped lunch. That might help with weigh in tomorrow – fingers crossed. I am off to Adelaide next week and have a green frock earmarked for Irish Race Day, but I haven’t tried it on yet and I think the last time I wore it was around 18 months ago. I could be in for a rude shock I am guessing. I might need to drag it out this weekend – just in case a plan B is necessary.

Up, thank you for posting even though you are not feeling it today. I tend to not want to post anything if I am feeling that way, but I am grateful to you for doing so as it resonates with me and helps to know that I am not the only one that struggles. You hang in there. I am a novice to all of this, but I have seen results in both the way I feel and on the scales, as I am sure you have so try your best, dust yourself off and get ready to go hammer and tongs on your next FD. I am with you on the bread and jam. I love it, especially when the bread is fresh so I completely understand your pain. It is harder to say no when your body just seems to be craving it. Good luck xx

CG, that is great news on Bella. I hope she continues to improve. Sounds to me like you are a little energiser bunny! Lots going on, but when the sun is shining it is easier to be active. You have reminded me this morning about how precious the time is with our kids. My two are 19 and 15 and I can quite honestly say that I have found parenting teenagers to be the biggest challenge so far. I often have the yearning for the oldest to spread his wings beyond the home (if you get my drift) as we clash on just about anything. Having said that, when he is not around I do miss him. The youngest on the other hand is just the most precious soul. Gentle, kind, funny, respectful and I am not sure I will be able to ever let him go! Enjoy your day and good luck with the fasting xx

Fit, how exciting you are heading to Spain! I know for my aunties in Ireland, Spain is a regular holiday spot for them. Well done with the packing. I am a dreadful packer and end up with a whole heap of “just in case” clothes that do not get worn. You definitely need to leave some room for shopping though. Maybe you can squeeze some stuff into a fellow traveller’s suitcase. That won’t work if you are travelling alone though obviously. Enjoy your day, Friday is fast approaching, how exciting xxx

SJ, good luck with your results xx

Jade, I love your determination! I too have been known to attempt feats that I really should not have, and sometimes it ends badly. One time comes to mind when hubby had a broken collar bone and I wanted a sofa bed moved into a spare room. Right now of course! I took measurements – door and sofa. I dropped the boys at school and headed home with sheer determination and visions of a fantastic newly spruced spare room for guests. Strategically the sofa was moved into the hallway where it needed to be stood up on its arm in the narrow hallway to be pushed sideways through the doorway. That is where it all came crashing down. The sofa was too wide for the doorway and it became stuck! I had to climb over the top of the sofa bed to enter the room. I wiggled it and bashed it and pulled it. Eventually it became stuck in doorway in such a way that I had to start using the bedroom window as an entry and exit point. The boys couldn’t get to their rooms either as it blocked the hallway. When husband arrived home, I had started pulling the sofa apart at the back. The young fella that was helping him at work (also a neighbour) got stuck in to give me a hand and eventually we manipulated the sofa into the room. It is a story that is mentioned every now and then…along with others. In the end, determination proves that anything can be achieved I reckon. Have a great day xx

Wow, marathon post – probably because I have been stopping and starting for about 2 hours thanks to the bosses interruptions. Guess I had better make the work a priority now….oops. Have a great day everyone.

Smiles
    xxx
    Mandy

Viewing 50 posts - 14,251 through 14,300 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.