Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,301 through 14,350 (of 14,786 total)

• Mandy what avlovely post ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yep we try all avenues of 5:2ing but I do think it still boils down to portion control and choices, but the bit of natural living thrown in doesn’t hurt things either ๐Ÿ˜œ We are human, so live life to the fullest, 5:2 is only part of our life not all of it.
    Suejen good luck with the Dr, your phisyo sure knows how to rule the roost, maybe we all need to be pulled in line every so often, we do get rough with our bodies thinking we are still in our 20’s๐Ÿค” Looks to be a semi fast for me, I gave Julie some chocolate cake and yoghurt with our coffee to get rid of it,and couldn’t let her eat alone….could I?
    Oh well, onwards with the day xxxxxx

Hi Aussies, very late chime-in from the US….busy doing school prep and packing for a visit to see family. Seems a thousand things need doing that ordinarily I wouldn’t give two hoots about๐Ÿ˜

Carbs, for me, had to be just crossed off the list for a whole – at least the simple ones (sugar, white flour, and for a time, all grains even whole). Now here it is about 9 months later and I don’t feel the same nuttiness. Still have a healthy love for my sweets though!

Fit, I’m so pleased the carer is working out so well! You’ll have an even better time on your trip now. Enjoy the good times with your family in the meantimeโ™ฅ๏ธ (I will NEVER understand those Irish boys! They sure are cute though๐Ÿ˜‰)

Mandy, you’re singing to the choir re the scales – it can be a long road but don’t give up! It’s a fun way of eating and plus there’s all of us, I mean who could resist. If nothing else, IM = immediate forgiveness for the splurges. And Up I’m kind of in the same boat, but it is good to hear from you. Diet is a small part of life. I haven’t felt like fasting lately either, but I’m sure you are beat from all your travels.๐Ÿ˜ด

Sue, fingers crossed for good results๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›. We can swap notes about our physios, whatever is to come. I chuckled at your OH not sitting still, mine is WAY too still – usually on the couch! His favorite line, “no, let me do that…tomorrow.”๐Ÿ˜‚

CG I’m just so ticked about little Bella, what a fighter. But what choice did she have, with you and Gypsy for role models? How fortunate are all your furry friends to land on your farmโ™ฅ๏ธ

Time for this hen to hit the nest – off for the weekend tomorrow, let’s all have a good one ๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

Sleep tight Jade, you must be exhausted and still not being a good patient but at least you don’t feel sorry for yourself, theres a lot to be said for the positive attitude๐Ÿ˜Š Well done xxx just one question, why are whole grains on the no-no list, that’s the only bread I eat?…๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’คcuddles xxxx

Hi all! Now, that’s more like it! What a wonderful way to wake up and start my day with such positive and supportive posts. I must admit I felt a little down this morning when I realised that without a second fast this week I’d be already up on the scales before I leave for Spain. So thanks for the lovely posts which gave me a real boost this morning……you’re the best bunch of gals on the planet!
    UP, I hope you start to feel in the 5:2 zone but, as Mandy so beautifully put it, it is really helpful to know that others struggle too from time to time, no matter how long they’ve been following this path. Carbs derail me too and I practically never eat bread anymore. Cakes and biscuits are also a problem and don’t get me started on chocolate! Take care of yourself, dear friend, and just ‘coast’ for a while until you get your mojo back. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž
    Mandy, that was indeed a beautiful post so thanks for taking the time and risking the boss’ wrath to write such thoughtful words. What part of Ireland are your relations from? You must let me know if you ever plan on coming to visit. ๐Ÿ’šโ˜˜
    SJ, my twin! I’ll be following your physio’s advice too because my posture is not good and is something I’m always forgetting about. I have a long back which doesn’t help. Sitting at the piano for long stretches must be tiring and looking at the music sheets and keyboard probably doesn’t help your neck either. BTW, how is ‘Africa’ coming along? Wishing you all the best ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, how is Bella doing now? It will be great to see her thriving and catching up on Gypsy. Your chocolate cake sounds far too tasty but you can keep the yoghurt….far too healthy sounding for me! You have a real partner in crime with Julie, what a treasure she is. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Jade, I hope you have a great weekend. Have you far to travel? Please relax and look after your back!! No hauling heavy suitcases! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚
    Ok, gang. Gotta run and do the very last of the packing…..chargers, adapters, toiletries etc. Then, weigh the cases! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ Then, big get together with my OH, ds, niece and her ds, sister, sis in law ……at a local cafe, of course! Well, it’s my birthday tomorrow but I’ll be en route to Spain so I’m celebrating today instead! That’s my excuse, anyway! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ƒ

WOOHOO FIT…HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow, you gotta celebrate, forget any fasting, this is your day๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’ cuddles xxx

Golly I have trouble with my second fast, it’s gone belly up with dinner AND the chocokate cake this morning,oh well…..tomorrow IS another day. Thanks Scarlet ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•xx

Thanks CG! I’ll do my best! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well gals had my visit to the dr and all’s pretty good considering. The 2 tests for the dreaded C in my bone marrow came back as negative – thank goodness!! The radiologist saw something in the CT scan he didn’t like but Peter my dr said that’s not uncommon. You do 1 test and it throws all sorts of other queries at you. Carotid arteries have a small amount of plaque but no biggie. We’ll have to up my statins if I can’t get it down in 3 months. Apart from that it’s physio exercises and posture awareness. The danger is that my neck will become fixed in a forward position if I don’t work on it, so that’s enough warning for me! I have colour dots all over the house at eye level to remind me – well in common work places such as sink stove computer etc. They do help ๐Ÿ™‚
    Think I was so relieved after the results (plus it was bitterly cold) that I popped into the bakery and got a coffee on my FD. That wasn’t too much of a problem but……..I also spied AND bought a chocolate croissant!! Oh my no much of a FD but did go home & have a proper FD tea. Won’t be much of a weigh-in tomorrow. But on the positive side I haven’t had a wine to celebrate so reckon that’s a plus!
    Hap hap happy birthday Fit – you’re the same day as my DIL. Best of luck with the last of the packing and mostly with the weighing. And best wishes to my twin for a lovely holiday in Spain. wish I had en emoji of a bronzed young Spaniard!
    Jade have a great weekend and travel well AAAAAAND don’t do too much my dear ๐Ÿ™‚
    Byee all suejen XXX

Ah great news Sue! I’m delighted to hear. Fit has a point about the piano, even though you’re probably quite skilled at playing without looking down. Posture posture posture – a good chant for us all I’m sure. And such good news definitely calls for pastry! And maybe a spot of๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy birthday dear Fit!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿพ – you do know how to celebrate! And why not, what better way to spend a day than loving life and all that’s in it. Better leave a bit of room in that suitcase for the odd trinket or outfit that might jump in there while in Spain – safe journey to you๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

Mandy just went back and read your post while fully conscious – gosh the furniture moving story is hilarious. You’re not alone there! I’m the same way when it comes to the thought, followed by the immediate urgency of getting it done pronto. Probably so I can get the thing done before I figure out its a bad idea? It’s so much more fun to do stuff while thinking it’s a good idea!!!

CG, whole grains are wonderful, and so much better than white. But I was eating WAY too much of them, I mean I could probably have just gone out in the field and chewed down a crop. I can’t call it an addiction, but I didn’t have proper appetite control over them, so I just gave them up for about a month and ate carbs that didn’t set me off. Like potatoes – supposedly awful, but they don’t light my fire like bread. Anyway, after about a month, I went back to the regular anything-goes routine and am eating a lot less bread now because I guess I got over whatever its hold on me was. Sorry for the boring explanation – I’m just fascinated by the body/mind’s different reactions to foods. It’s like you were saying about being independent, I don’t want to be dependent on anybody – or any food! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿค—

PH how are you getting on? I know things are much quieter, but I hope there’s still a lovely afterglow from your amazing family time๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ Up, cheers to you also…rest up and be well๐Ÿ”†

Best of thoughts for Gyps and the leprechaunโ˜˜๐Ÿ€

Auntie GG your angel was in someone’s pocket when an important exam was taken๐Ÿ‘ผ xx

Hmmm, I’d better go pack since we have to leave for the airport in a few hours๐Ÿค”love to all xxxx

Hi team, Jade thanks for the explaination, I’ve read where others do not to eat grains too, and never quite sure why. Our foods are quite mixed,and not bland, but I still think grains have their place. Are you near Louisianna where the floods are? I know you are in the south somewhere but can’t remember…..if so do take care, and the fires over there are horriffic! Off to the dairy for more mlk, so will post later, Fit, safe travels dear friend, just kick back and enjoy each day….cuddles ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—xxxx

Morning all. Happy birthday, Fit!!

Mandy, thanks for your encouragement. I am glad to be able to help. I have definitely seen the results of this WOL. I lost 13 kilos before I kind of fell off and put on 4kgs. I am keen to lose this plus more but I do travel a lot and this has stymied me a bit. Actually, a lot. If I don’t gain I am happy!

I didn’t end up fasting yesterday,surprise surprise. But no major blow outs.

Jade, I totally get this carb thing. I lost originally on 5/2 and then seemed to plateau a bit. I felt that the lack of carbs on fast days was working really well and continued on NF days. It made a big difference to my weight loss. There is no doubt that while I am not coeliac, I have a definite reaction to gluten. I have been tested at different times my whole life, even as a child so it is not my imagination. As I have said before, I clearly don’t suffer from the malabsorption symptoms! But I do seriously bloat and have always been that woman who gets asked if she is pregnant, because the rest of me was OK. If I had realised it earlier, I would have cut out many cabs years ago. I have also cut back on rice etc. I eat my corn thins rather than bread and if I do have sushi etc, go for the brown rice. When I do eat bread, I eat the good stuff although I secretly long for white but it doesn’t actually fill me up anyway.

Maybe this is what has made fasting fairly easy for me, when I don’t start this toast and jam business. Years ago, when we had kids and ate spaghetti bolognaise a lot, we all seemed to eat way too much and then want bread afterwards whereas we normally wouldn’t eat bread with dinner.Carbs are definitely a trigger!

So many things I wish I had known! Well, we are lucky that we know them now! CG, it seems you don’t have the same issues so that is good!

SJ, thank goodness some results were good and now there is a plan. I would have eaten that stuff too after that worry. Good luck.

Hi team, weigh in didn’t move, still 70.3k just up a tad…but blew out last night with butter and dry biscuits(not dry biscuits and butter๐Ÿ˜) oh golly I love my butter! So I was surprised I was down a K from Thursday morning….I gain and lose the same K every week grrrr and today and up till Monday it will come back. I’m not a great carb lover, but then have urges, cravings, satisfy them, then berate myself for the stupidity. I don’t really notice any side effects from them, other than weight, ๐Ÿ˜ but it doesn’t take many of them to fill me so I’m lucky I guess. Fruit and veggies are my main stay, not a big red meat eater, hence needing iron tabs, so it still boils down to choice on fast days and above all, portion control. I hope the weigh in for each of you showed good news, but if not, soldier on, it WILL happen, and the healthier options are certainly better for you๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a perfect day team,you CAN make it happen ๐Ÿ˜Š Cuddles๐Ÿท๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Hi all, missed posting yesterday as the electrician was here before I got out of bed to fix all of the lights that do not work etc. we did not need them so did not miss them but they would show up in building inspection so need to get the, fixed. And would you believe it , the heat lamps in both bathrooms don’t work either, we don’t use them much so did not notice it. And a mouse has chewed through the wiring for the spa bath in the bathroom so quite,a,lot of fixing to get done. Then D turned up for a days cleaning, completely,revamped OH,s bedroom, new roman blinds as curtains fell apart whilst washing and Roman blinds on special at Spotlight. Then a full deep clean of the bedroom, curtains a coffee colour so lucky I had a nice cream cover for the bed and finished off with some maroon pillows and cushions and it looks spectacular. Today I have to go through my room and minimise everything ready for the big clean tomorrow.
    Then Sunday D and friend are coming over to clean big open space living, dining area and all will be done inside. Wow will that be a good feeling. Then to,keep,it clean!!! Think I’ll send OH off on. Camping fishing trip. About Daughters position, it is a temporary full time contract for 2017. It seem that they do not give permanent contracts out till you have completed a full,year,of temporary..not a bad idea really.

SJ. Great news about your tests coming back negative. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Now to just keep up the exercises..hard to do on a regular basis but I’m sure you will give it your best shot..I too forgot I was on a FD on Wed and stopped at my fav coffee for a coffee and had two of the most delicious date scones ever. They make them full of dates!! Anyway did continue with FD so not sure how much over I was. Forgot to jump on scales yesterday so still don’t know where I, starting from as I don’t ever weigh myself unless it is the morning after two fast days…stupid rule but works for me. So now Next week.

HAPPY Belated Birthday Fit…๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„and what a time you will be having over the next week or two..enjoy my dear.

Jade you are a real worry. Installing an air conditioner?? What next will you do?? Enjoy your trip to see your mum and I do hope she recognises you ..Know what you mean about the bread. O.H has started making his own bread as he is going off wheat for a while to try and break the bread cravings. Tastes lovely toasted. .๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Lovely post Mandy and had to laugh at your furniture story. Sounds like something our Jade would do.!!
    Determined ladies who let nothing get in their way!! Just love it…..๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

CG. Imagine that the chocolate cake is all gone now…salivating thinking of it. That’s one cake I do love. You must be having fun in your garden. Don’t you just love the start of spring. My roses are blooming beautifully. Must take a picture of a bush and put it up on Facebook.

Best get going on the tidying up of my room rash for tomorrow’s cleaning spree. Bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Ph, how wonderful to have that help. My daughter hasn’t cleaned out her own stuff here,let alone mine!
    I have just taken a zyrtec literally in preparation for a clean out. Tried it yesterday and was sneezing after about a minute! And this is for my wardrobe. I think walk in robes gather dust and especially if like me you don’t use winter stuff much and are away a lot. I seem to have a number of things that I wear a lot and then up the back, things I don’t even remember I had. Thought I’d put some stuff in my daughter’s room. What a joke. Her wardrobe is full of her stuff which she informs me is “not rubbish but stuff I don’t want to wear” and of course she is hundreds of km’s away, so nothing is going to change any time soon.

It is such a good feeling when it is all done. I just have to make myself start the job at the point where the tablet works but I am not becoming drowsy and decide to nap instead. So much easier! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Peace at last, I had a cabnet maker in installing my new range hood, which is now tucked behind a panel to match my Tassie oak kitchen it looks lovely๐Ÿ˜Š I agree PH, how lucky are you to have that extra help, it does give you inspiration to keep going, what a wonderful family you have.
    My ipad keeps adding n or m before each word, bloody pest?
    Up, I have to take a Zyrtec everyday, just to keep going, I find they work best and don’t make me sleepy, especially in Spring, there is always something blooming in my garden, and yes, house hold dust is the worst. I have two r/v cycle a/c units, one each end of the house, and they contribute more dust than any wood fire used to….ALL YEAR AROUND, so dusting is a constant.
    Fit, I take you are travelling now, bags all packed and birthday celebrations behind you, but I think today is your big day…enjoy it, full of anticipation and relaxation xxxx ๐Ÿ˜Š Jade enjoy your little holiday too, it’s lovely to visit family๐Ÿ˜‰
    Pouring rain now and a very cool change has come through, so just had a hot roll from the oven with cheese and onion melted in it with a cup of soup, yummm, very full of carbs but cosy winter food.
    Did anyone do a weigh in today, other than me? Cuddles ๐Ÿ˜Šxxxx

Bugger just lost a long post….78.7kgs today up .7 kgs will post later ….hope you sre all doing well….GO GALXXXXXXX

Another good week I have been able to get back out in the garden. I have managed to mow most of the yard just 2 hours left. I have had that much rain the yard is saturated so cannot use the ride on mower. When I use the hand mower I consider this strength and toning exercises. This has pushed me down to my goal weight 54kg. It is still hard to get my head around as 75kg was always a barrier. it has been quite liberating to throw out all my fat clothes (donated to charity) with all the emotional baggage that some of them had. New clothes fresh start. I am just thankful that there have been lots of sales here. When I started this journey I had no expectations I just wanted to reduce the abdominal fat any weight loss I would be grateful for. Exercise regime 4 min HIIT every two days and arm exercises daily.

HI folks somehow missed yesterday. My weigh-in was about as expected seeing I stuffed up both my FD’s a bit. I was .1kg up at 74.7 so happy to have managed to maintain at least. It was our anniversary yesterday & we dined out a lovely local Italian restaurant. Food was scrumptious & wine was nice & had 3 courses so I’ll need my FD’s next week!
    When I woke it was a beautiful sunny spring day but now it’s grey skies & started raining bummer! I was so looking forward to a walk. Maybe we’ll get a bit of a break during the day.
    GL wow what a low weight you’ve got to….amazing!! Your belly fat must surely be all gone now ๐Ÿ™‚ And a wardrobe of new clothes how wonderful with that – and you even remembered to chuck out the emotional baggage along with it too. You must be one very determined lady!! Congratulations.
    GG like me you’ll need 2 good FD’s next week to get that gain off. Won’t take you long…or you could do your famous 3 days. How’s the new job going?
    Ooh CG you got a new range hood. OH & I were talking about if anything else needed doing in the kitchen & my reply was Just a new range hood will do it. So we’ll be looking around for a nice one too. I get lots of dust in our place too as it’s a very open house with 4 external doors & in summer especially we keep them open (only 2 have screen doors). Also have huge bifold doors on OH’s studio & they stay open too so we get dust plus the occasional critter inside like stumpytail lizards & sometimes a bird who flies in to say hello. But despite that we love it – it’s sort of like bringing the garden inside. You feel like you’re a part of it. We will be very sad when we have to leave this house. The big yard will eventually get too much for OH.
    Up did you get the wardrobes cleaned out before the zyrtec took over & zonked you out??? We still have stuff around from our 3 kids who all left in the same year. Most of it has gradually gravitated to the shed & after asking them about what’s left & no replies we are slowly ditching most of it, or posting some precious things to them. They’re just all too busy.
    PH still all hustle and bustle at your place – but new room sounds pretty flash. Seems a few of us are struggling to get through a FD. I must admit some days I’ve been about to dish up some lunch & then remembered that I shouldn’t be having any! What a memory!!I’m with you on the rule about weighing now PH though never thought I would manage it. I actually find it VERY liberating & I don’t let the scales rule my mood any more or my efforts. Always wanted to do it but never could ๐Ÿ™‚
    Yes Up certainly agree that carbs lead to more carbs & a desire for more eating in general. But I do find it really hard to cut them out. I should start with just trying to gradually reduce them would be a good start!
    Jade hope you’re having a wonderful time with family & yes I did eventually celebrate with a few wines…..mmm can’t quite remember how many!

Well sun is out between the clouds again now so may get that walk in. Better go shower & dress & start the day. Enjoy your weekend all. suejen XXXX

SJ sorry but still have some stomach fat. First place on last place off. It will take a while for the stomach to tone up as well luckily for me it is coming back into place with very little loose skin. Natural tummy tuck. Some good genetics there. I will just keep doing what I have been and let my body find its equilibrium. I have never been a clothes shopper as I could not find clothes to fit. It is good to go in a try on an outfit and be able to feel good. It really boosts your confidence.

Hi GL and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you, you have really stuck with this way of life, that SHOULD make the family proud, and if not, carry YOUR head with pride๐Ÿ˜Š How rigid are you on NFD’s and do you stick with 500 on fast days? You have given us all more motivations to keep going,so well done. Your property must be looking wonderful now, you have worked so hard to get it up and going again, it’s a work of love. Please feel pride in all you have done, you really deserve it, cuddles ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxx

Wow, GL! Well done. SJ, didn’t fall asleep just nearly died of boredom so stopped and have done some more today. Seems that pulling it all out is way easier than doing something with it after that. Who knew?;-)
    Won’t be finished for a couple more days!

WELL DONE GL!!! You doing soooooo well.
    Not long back from our local growers market where we buy all the produce you will need .The best is the cheesemaker the camambert cheeses are so creamy. Its the one I use in the tiger bread with olive oil garlic and rosemary that I have on our fb site. All the vegies are $2-$4 a bag so it is very economical. We walked around drinking great coffee by the barista eating egg and bacon rolls on home made bread….delicious.
    Tonight having friends for dinner so the afternoon will be spent preparing SWISS CHICKEN WHICH IS OH’S FAV. ALSO BROUGHT SOME WINES that are produced in Bulladelh ,a great Vardello which is very much like Oyster Bay Sav that is a favourite of a few of our group…..remember SJ!
    And desert will be the undoing of the guests, as one of them is making her famous mascopone and chocolate layer cake.
    Can definately feel a 4:3 or B2B happening next week with 5:2.
    Lunch tomorrow at the again local oyster resturant with the succulent WALLIS LAKE OYSTERS that Forster is renowned for. Diffently a weekend of gastronomical delights. This dinner has been planned for awhile with all of us looking forward to the catchup.
    Will not be starting my new direction in Nursing for awhile… have the paper work to desipher, then the criminal check to come through…..OMG WHAT WILL THEY FIND!…..only that I am an overly bubbly excitable person, love life and everything it can offer..with the exception of somethings that get on me goat,then the”dark side” comes out.
    BIG HELLO TO UP, PH, SJ, CG, JADE AND FIT (IF YOU ARE READING)
    HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND WITH FAMILY DOING THINGS THAT MEMORIES WILL BE MADE OF…..OFF TO DO THE COOKING AND MAKE UP BEDROOMS….YES! THEY ARE STAYING THE NIGHT!
    Love to all……GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi all, thanks for the comments and yes I am blessed with a wonderful family. Sooooo lucky. We got my bedroom and the lounge part of the main room done today so hopefully tomorrow finish all but the two last bathrooms, getting my cleaning lady to come in on Wednesday hopefully to do those and the floors. What a huge job it has been. Will need to do something very special for our D..๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

Gl.wow amazing! What an inspiration. I am struggling at the moment to stay on track with everything,going on but hearing,what you have done has given me the desire to bite the bullet and get it done. No more excuses!!..

GG.soundslike a very exciting weekend happening up for you. I’m sure you had a blast,last night..and the best get,togethers are,where,the guests sleep over๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ

UP. Our kids had to move their stuff because of the downsize. Drastic measure. However most of it for the three of the. Has ended up at Daughters place so now the boys have to build her a block of shelving to store it in her garage,..good luck with the clean out. ,it feels great when it’s done!!

CG . With all of the working going on at your place everything must be looking great. Know what you mean about the dust. Can’t believe how much dust there is behind everything, but like SJ we have 2 wide French doors across the front of the house and they are always opened up every day to bring the outside in. So I guess dust is part of the deal.

SJ. Well done on putting those dreaded scales in their place๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— and maintaining..I’m sure when I finally get on mine I will get a shock cause I celebrated quite a lot before the kids left. oH well…what goes up must come down…eventually. Only managed,one good FD this week , and one almost FD. and two mornings at the pool so have to do better next week..OH made a beautiful seafood laksa last night with enough for tonight as well. Not exactly the best dishes when you are trying to lose weight but absolutely delicious…
    Hope you managed to get your walk in and your neck is not giving you too much trouble.

Seems quite odd not to have our bright and bubbly O/S friends posts to liven up out thread, hope they are both having a great time away. Big Hi to both FIT and Jade.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

And Gyps, hang in there you awsome you..we are all thinking of you and sending good vibes!!๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

Hope I have not missed anyone, it is now 1.30 am so going back to the land of nod. Went to bed last night at 7.30 absolutely wacked so have had a full nights sleep so far…but a little more will help me get through tomorrow. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Ola, mes amigos! ๐Ÿ’ƒ
    I’ve read all the posts but haven’t enough time to reply.
    It’s absolutely roasting here but the house I’m staying in has a/c in the bedrooms and a swimming pool in the garden…..heaven!
    I was really sick yesterday, the day I arrived, due to something I ate, so I had an unplanned fd๐Ÿ˜ฑ It was my birthday too! ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ข However, everyone has decided that we would call today my birthday instead so we’re all going out for a meal soon. It’s a hard life! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Love and hugs to everybody ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š

Hey lovely Aussies – I’ve been busy as a tornado down in the “other” land of Tara. Fit so sorry you were sick on your birthday! Unintentional fasting is a silver lining but not the kind I would wish for you๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Hope you are back to feeling better soon. Hope everyone else is well. My brothers and friends back home have kept me so on the go, such a quick visit – all has been just wonderful. There is a real sense of the passage of time and how precious spending it together is. Will get back on the horse soon๐Ÿ‡but for now there has been cake and lots of wine ๐Ÿท๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿท๐ŸŽ‚โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธHugs and to all๐Ÿ˜jadexxxxxx

Hi Jade. So glad to hear you had a lovely family visit, very precious indeed! Give that old horse a rest for a while, you deserve to enjoy the indulgence, fun and relaxation. How is your back holding up?
    I won’t even try to reply individually, gals but I’m thinking of you all in your triumphs or struggles and sending you lots of good thoughts and wishes. I’ll be taking some photos to put up on FB, so see you all there soon! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi Fit! Like you I’m just swooping in for a flyby hug to the team – mom is napping now while I hold her hand, sip coffee, and write this note. Am I a multitasking goddess or what…going home today so I’m just getting what I can while I can – ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›hope Spain is more fun in the days to come! I start the new semester tmw – yay? Lol I’m sure I’ll muster some enthusiasm maybe even a FD – sure I need one after yesterday. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’Ÿxxx

Hi Fit and Jade, sounds like you are both doing what you should and enjoying all life offers when away from home and visiting friends/family ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŽ‰. What a bummer FIT, sick on your birthday! I’m sure you will make up for it knowing your love of life..and all it holds.
    Jade, spending time with family is always so special, even if it is a flying visit. Hope you had a good visit with your mum๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Well the main Deep Clean is done and dusted..YEAH!!!…๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—. Thank goodness as D starts her Full time Maternity relief position for the rest of this year tomorrow . Now just have to finish pressure washing the paths and breezeway , help OH tidy up his downstairs double garage and a few last minute jobs in the garden. The electrician comes Tuesday to finish fixing the spa, lights etc and were ready for the photos.

And we had a wonderful offer from the parents of D,s best friends husband, they live quite close to where we are going to be living and have a large house with a big yard and have offered to Let us park the boat behind their shed. We have not even met them, what wonderful people there are in the world. So off to buy a good boat cover tomorrow. Ain’t the world a beautiful place๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€.

These early nights are great, fell into bed last night at 8pm after the news and out like a light straight away. It is now 4am and I have had a great nights sleep, just goes to show that hard work is the key to sleeping well. ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

Big Hi to everyone else. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Good morning/evening team, what a shame Fit, being crook on your birthday, but hope it’s all behind you now and the fun can start๐Ÿ˜Š
    Jade it’s sounds lovely to be holding your Mums hand whilst she sleeps, I so wish I could have that chance just once more. My Dad has been gone five years today too and I miss them both terribly. And you are starting back at work tomorrow, I can’t really say you have sounded to have had a break at all, well not what I’d call a holiday, I hope you feel as if you have had some rest and the back is fine again, maybe you are safer at work?
    PH well done with all the chores it’s a pity it takes to be selling up before all the improvements get done. You must be ready for a huge rest.
    Fast day today team, and boy, do I need it. I went out for lunch yesterday, then had a roast chicken for dinner, I don’t know how I fitted it in, but had a good try…..must have been the cold wet weather, it dose make you hungry. So planning a really good fast today and hope to stay strong, I CAN DO IT so will stay busy and hope for encouraging results ๐Ÿ˜Š Have a lovely day team, and Fit, see you on F/B real soon,….okay? ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜‰xxxxxxx

Hi all, happy fast day! I am much more into it today although it is only 7.30 am so a long way to go till bedtime!

Yes it’s a FD for me too. Still in bed at 10.30. Just woke up. Guess I missed the Pool at 8am๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ So quite a bit of my FD gone and I did not have to even try!!! Good luck to everyone ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€.

Quick hello to all. Yes FD for me too and busy getting house ready for our family. So that stops me thinking about food though later I do have to cook a slice for us to nibble on with our cuppas and chats! But cooking on a FD doesn’t ever seem to bother ne so that’ll be fine! Have ti do a good one while I can ๐Ÿ™‚
    Suejen xxxx
    Up to Perth tomorrow to pick up at the airport. Stay overnight and do some shopping.

Managed the day just fine. Leftover frenched lamb cutlets for lunch with leftover vegetables. Only 2 mouthfuls of lamb. Tonight was barramundi and salad.

Monday and a FD here too, team – sounds like lots of fasting success going on๐Ÿ…We landed back home yesterday, out with friends last night, too tired to be really hungry but of course THAT didn’t stop me.๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜† But it was a great trip, I scooped up all the love I could๐Ÿ’› It is good to be home though. Contractor coming by this morning to see abut some renos, as we’ve decided there is no Woolgoolga around here. OH is the dreamer with brilliant ideas, now let’s see if they’re affordable.๐Ÿ’ฐ

PH sounds as though it has all come together for you, what a team effort๐Ÿ’ชand finally is it ready for the market? And re the boat – yes people can be so kind, glad you have them near you.๐Ÿ’œ Enjoy your rest, the pool will be there tmw๐Ÿ‘Œ

Up you poor thing, Zyrtec for the cleaning out? Ha, indeed it is way easier to take things out than to figure what comes next. OH is a specialist at that! Lol he bought dust masks to sift through papers but they are for the most part unsifted and the masks were the only thing to get tossed.

CG is little Bella still getting on well? I can’t believe even your outside-the-greenhouse garden is already so lovely. And yours too PH. Isn’t it still winter down there? I didn’t do so well growing veggies, but shall try again next spring. If nothing else, the gardens were very pretty and I fed a lot of creatures besides ourselvesโ˜บ๏ธ And CG you’re still doing some renos too? This is a well matched group, seems we are always on the go๐Ÿ˜

SJ how’s your neck doing? I’m so looking forward to my pain shot tmw – and yes as Fit asked, how is Africa coming along?๐ŸŽน Congrats on maintaining, it’s a useful skill๐Ÿ˜Šand one a long time coming for this gal. Not sure I have it quite mastered yet.๐Ÿค” Enjoy having your family visitorsโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’›โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’› (Wondering now what a stumpy tail lizard is – oh goodness I googled him๐Ÿ˜ณInteresting looking little fella! Not sure what I’d do if one of those greeted me in the kitchen…)

GG, so pleased about your new job – for you and for your patients who’ll get such loving care. Seeing the people who care for my mom made me teary-eyed with gratitude. They always had a kind word for me as well, to let me know she was never a bother. Those with a giving heart are worth their weight in gold๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

Fit, continued safe journey to you, hope you’re having a grand time. Strength vibes to Gypsโ˜˜๐ŸŒŸ Thank you all for the well wishes for the tripโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ˜xxxx

Hi SJ. Family coming…how great! I managed to do FD but just…had to have a bit of sweet stuff before bed so one tablespoon of no sugar ice cream and a passion fruit did the trick. Hope yours was successful ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Posts just seemed to pop up fron Up and Jade.

Up congrats on your good day..sounds like a few successful ones from the group. We can and will do this!!!

Jade , great that you had a good visit with your mum and yes, it makes your heart so full when you experience the care given to our mums …and GG will be so great at it.
    Exploring options is a good thing…so if you love where you live, and it sounds like you do then renos are certainly worth exploring. Have fun dreaming of what you would like? I was lucky as I knew where I wanted to go. It was just a matter of finding a place suitable within our price range..yes we are almost ready for the photos, just some more pressure cleaning and a few bits and pieces to go. We have decided to have a beach holiday at Daughters place for the week between photos and open house..no use cleaning twice ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. OH will probably take the opportunity to go fishing for a few days with tent and boat so will have some lovely mother/daughter time. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•. Best try and get more shut eye..hope your injection works a treat!

Gyps..looking forward to reading the final chapter. Think I replied to you on watt pad about being awake for a loo visit..buggar..oh well everyone has to have them๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    Bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi all, not a fast day, just a sensible one. Husband’s BP and cholesterol still a big issue so he is finally getting serious. Expect good news from Brisbane re scales, “normal” eating will be normal from now on.

Salmon tonight, no wine….it is after all, Tuesday, and no more toast and marmalade. Not that that isn’t normal, it just turns me into an eating machine.

Jade, funny about the masks!

Have a good day all

Hi team, seems to be good news for all, my fast went surprisingly well, no appitite helped, and seemed to be piddling all day AND night!๐Ÿ˜ฑ So gotta be a good sign ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bit of a sleep in this morning after a restless night and starting to feed the calves later in the mornings, then earlier in the arvo to get it to one feed a day,making life a bit easier. I can then go back to water aerobics, usually Sept/Oct as the weather warms up. Of course that’s if the body permits! But it’s move it or lose it,so will give it a go again and see how I finish up๐Ÿ˜‰ Plus I enjoy the social sides of it. We are all women in the same stage of life and do have a giggle. My daughter and her family flew up to the Gold Coast yesterday to stay with her brother inlaw, so will not be missing these cold mornings, that’s for sure. Although I believe it’s been quite cool up there too. But, it’s a well deserved holiday for them all, she is in a high pressure job, in fact has her laptop with her still, PA to a GM doesn’t get a holiday as such, but she loves it,and of course her husband and the kids from lifes pressures๐Ÿ˜Š so I hope they are all relaxing.
    Have a lovely day team,no matter what life throws at you, you ARE in control, so take it on the chin, YOU CAN DO IT, cuddles ๐Ÿ’—โ˜บ๏ธxxxx

Hi all, busy day again today and now just having a rest before dinner. Did quite a lot of pressure cleaning today, hopefully finish it tomorrow, still about 4 hours to go I estimate and all ot the driveway will look clean at least. Was going to the pool tomorrow but electrician cancelled today and it coming at 8am tomorrow. The exact time of the exercise class so miss out again tomorrow. Will do 2nd fast day though..that should clean out the old system I hope. Is anyone else fasting tomorrow? ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi all!
    Having an absolute ball here. Staying in a gorgeous villa with swimming pool, a/c in the bedroom and fabulous covered veranda which gets a lovely cool breeze if it’s too hot to sit elsewhere. The birthday party for my OH’s friend was brilliant, lots of amazing food , peach schnapps of course!, and several guests sang and played instruments so it was just fantastic! There are four couples and two others staying here and we’re staying in tonight with everyone making a different dish to share…..should be wonderful!
    Well done to all who are fasting and showing their true AD spirit. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Evening from the US – injection day so my backside is a bit tender! But the doc thinks I won’t need anything more, for now. Even said I could try jogging – just take it easy and stop if it hurts. I like her attitude. Ha, since it’s my attitude. Yours too, CG, love your quote – we ARE in control, and I’m not giving up any just yet.๐Ÿ˜‰

Fit, glad you’re having such fun – I love community dinners, lots of fun both prepping and eating. And drinking too of course!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ(That’s supposed to be peach schnapps.)

Up, congrats on getting OH on board re good diet (hide the marmalade!! I love that stuff.)

I squeaked in a FD mostly b/c annoyed at OH so skipped dinner last night (his OCD doesn’t fly when I get home from a long workday). PH you could probably keep up with him!๐ŸŒช! Your house is going to be a sparkling jewel when it’s on the market – for about 10 minutes I predict, before someone snaps it up – if they haven’t already put dibs on it. But I had zero interest in cleaning or organizing at 7 p.m. last night, in fact I left and went shopping! So there’s my maintenance secret – back pain and domestic tension! Anyhooo, last weekend’s calorie damage is undone. And I do believe OH got the message.๐Ÿ“

Oh yikes, who went and let school start?! Class prep is less fun than cleaning, but I’d better do it before it gets too late. Cheers and have a great day Aussies๐ŸŒ xxx

Hi all, did not do fast day today as forgot I was going to!! Will do one tomorrow if I remember. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Jade, always good to have a little tantrum..going shopping usually does it for me too. Buy something I really want that is expensive just to stick it to OH then have to work what to cut back on so as not to blow the budget..as that is up to me..so in the end just give myself work..but it feels good at the time and I get something I really want.
    Gyps, hang in there gal….you just need to start, can’t imagine how I would manage with a ceiling full or snakes!! Nice chat on Facebook.

Went to the doc this morning and so he thinks I should stay on the 75mls Lyerica for two weeks without the additional Endone, once the work is all done and then go,back for a review. Also ordered full blood tests to see if there is anything there that has changed. So we’ll see what eventuates. According to him I have not put on any weight from when he last weighed me. So it looks like I have just added back what I have lost in the last couple of months.

Well should get up and get at it. Will it be making cushion covers to match the colouring in the rooms, or pressure cleaning some more of the driveway…decisions, decisions, decisions.. Bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, I’m sorry for being a bit slack, but posting on FB I forget and once Fit moves with us, all will be solved๐Ÿ˜Š And Fit you sound to be having a ball, good for you๐Ÿ˜Š
    PH do you ever rest? With all your ailments it’s a credit to you on how you keep pushing yourself. Good luck with the meds, it’s all trial and error isn’t it. My new ones seem to be taking effect, so another week should really make a difference.
    Jade lets hope it’s your last injection and a lesson on being kind to yourself, house work included๐Ÿ˜‰ And congratulations on the home grown cabbage, you’ll enjoy it even more knowing YOU actually grew it๐Ÿ˜Š
    Another fast day due tomorrow team, so remember to plan and prepare your day, try to stay busy and not obsess on food, the day does go quickly, the evenings are the problem, but stay positive, YOU CAN DO IT and stay in control….cuddles ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‰xxxx

Hi all!
    Sitting here in paradise….just out of the pool and sitting on sun lounger as I type. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜„ Then we’re getting the bus into nearby town for meal at old port restaurant which serves fish and seafood just out of the water! Mmmmm ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Well done, PH, on your continued project in getting your house shipshape and ready for the market. I agree that it will be snapped up! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, hope all is going well with Bella now. How are your renos going?
    Jade, a good sulk can be very effective and at least, you don’t say something you’ll regret. I can’t believe you’re back into the throes of school already…..bummer! I hope you find there’s less of a workload this year….and remember to say ‘no!’ to any committees!
    Big shout out with love to GG, SJ, UP, Gypsy, Mandy, GL, and anyone I’ve missed (could be sangria-brain! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ)

PH are you making cushion covers for the house you’re leaving? Goodness, all the projects…your mind is a busy place! In mine, the only thought is “can I just keep sitting here with my coffee?” I was pretty frugal during my tantrum, but it IS nice to have some new things. Fit, maybe you’ll see them soon! And sure, rub it in lying in the sun surrounded by Spanish cocktails๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ˜Ž – I’m teasing of course, hope you have the best time ever. Please have a sip and nibble for all of us! Just FYI, a bit of shellfish and some nice pinot for me please.๐Ÿ˜˜
    CG yes im the same re FB and love the ease of posting photos and fun of sharing all manner of things. I do so appreciate everything you’ve done to make all this happenโ™ฅ๏ธ
    Well girls, it appears that my one-tantrum-per-week maintenance plan is working. Poor OH, it was just anxiety and I tried to roll with it, but Cajuns do have their limits.๐Ÿ”ฅ We either leave or self-combust, so I really had no choice๐Ÿ˜‚ Ah, off to school with me now, believe I’ll wear one of the new blousesโ˜บ๏ธ – have a great day! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’šโ™ฅ๏ธxxx

Morning all, not going to do a second fast this week. Need the energy to get through today. Last push then it is all over. yeah!!! Next week will be free and clear and so will be extra good then. Made the cushions yesterday and yes they are for this house but will also,work in the new setup so win win…so a pressure cleaning day for me today. Hope the rain stops or I will be needing my rain coat…….

FIT. My two favourite things, seafood and seafood….and the best fresh just out of the water…enjoy, you are having a very special time ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿนenjoy every minute, you certainly have earned it..

Jade, I’m sure you will look stunning in your new blouse. How are you travelling now you are back at work pain wise?

CG. It is only the Endone that is keeping me going. Drugs are wonderful when you need them. Next week will consist of lots of resting over at daughters beach place….and no extra drugs. Don’t want to get addicted.

Big Hi to everyone else. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, PH you are lucky you can tolerate Endone, it doesn’t like me at all. I bet your looking forward to resting up next week๐Ÿ˜Š
    Jade, I don’t know that I have done much, but it seemed the only way to keep the team togetherโ˜บ๏ธ And we have to keep that union don’t we……I bet you felt lovely in the new blouse too.
    Well, another fast day has arrived, it’s bitterly cold here, and wet so comfort food comes to mind quite easily, but our AUSSIE DETERMINATION will kick in and keep us in control. Lots of hot drinks will help. Stay strong team WE CAN DO IT and ready for another weigh in tomorrow, cuddles ๐Ÿ˜‰xxxxxx

Hello everyone here I am back again. I did some backsliding from early in the year. I went overseas on holiday and then with one thing and another, I did not continue with the 5:2. The result being that all my hard work has gone by the wayside and I’ve managed to pile on 10 kilos. To be honest I got really despondent as I was just not seeing any progress and found the neverending plateau depressing. So once more it’s onwards no upwards. Just not in the weight department I hope! I’m planning to start my first FD on Monday. I’ve just found my 5:2 recipe book and am going to,cook up some meals for my fast days and label them with their calorie content and freeze them.
    I see most of the old team are still here. Good on you and I look forward to being part of the AD team again.
    Doggy

Doggy welcome back my friend,and your planning sounds perfect,that’s the first step. If you find the first few fasts go belly up, keep trying, it’s a long time since you stuck with it๐Ÿ˜Š In fact you may find good losses with your first few weeks as that’s the fluid. Good luck, and it’s lovely to have you back , ๐Ÿ’—Cuddles xx

Thanks for the warm welcome back CG. As you know I have known for a long time that I need to start the FD again. I guess I’m just like a lot of us on this journey. I enjoy food and look forward to my meals. I know I eat too much. I’m going to have to start with some good self discipline. Mind you I’ve done it before so can do it again. I HATE the way I look so have the necessary incentive. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท
    Doggy

Viewing 50 posts - 14,301 through 14,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.