Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,101 through 14,150 (of 14,786 total)

• Still plodding away with ups and downs like everyone else. With the freezing weather I have spent some time away with my son. No internet access. We have just had one of those months were everything goes wrong. While visiting new grandson my laptop crashed and my sons phone died. We spent the next day buying new ones. On the way home I had to stay another night and see other grandson. Someone who had not seen me thin had to do a double take. My son accidently took one of my bags inside and it has been left there. I have to go back shortly so will pick it up then. There has been no chance to work in the garden unless I want pneumonia. Coming into August the weather should get a little better. This should give me a chance to catch up. At the moment the ground is waterlogged but I would prefer this to no rain. All you can do is stay inside and try and tidy up. Got to duck into town and replenish the cupboards again.

PH, I’m not surprised you’ve been overdoing things, you have achieved a huge amount in a very short space of time. I hope you feel better soon. Little Joel has had the holiday of a lifetime helping out with all the jobs and watching the big boys’ toys in action! I’m sure he’ll remember it all fondly for a long time to come. Make the most of your time left with your visitors. ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š
    GL, you’ve been having a lot of bad luck with technology, it’s so frustrating. Plodding away with ups and downs is much better than gaining all the time and it is hard to lose when the weather is bad, especially when you’re cooped up inside. The reaction from the person who had to do a double take just shows how far you’ve come, so keep on plodding! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi all, total couch day yesterday was wonderful. ๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ›Œ.Planning On at least half of the day today as well so that should ease the old back some. The troops will be back again today so will have to be strong. Do love having them around though ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. We are having such beautiful weather it is a shame not to be at a beach or something. Never mind we will make sure we get some days there next week. Yes FIT we have achieved a Huge amount in a short time. It has been so rewarding and little Joel is having the time of his life.

CG you sound like you are having a fabulous weekend with your family..board games are so much fun, enjoy your big country breakfast. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Big Hi to everyone else …just heard the car doors …the troops have arrived. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Hey team, soggy Sunday morning here. Congrats to you, GL, for causing double takes, very cool. Had to laugh about not gardening for fear of pneumonia – it would never occur to me to garden in the cold months; those plants are on their own๐Ÿ‘‹

PH glad to see you had time for a rest. Sounds like transformation at your house, not just simple renos. Holy cats, a bobcat?? No wonder little Joel’s having a great time, there are honest-to-God machines there. Hope you’ve taken lots of photos๐Ÿ˜and then share.๐Ÿ’œ

Fit do let your d help with fb. Mine simply took over my computer and did it all for me to start. I’m not a poster there generally, but the little group is fun. Still amazed CG that you did all that as a new fb’er.

Nothing else new here, which is good! Back is behaving, and today I received an SI brace I ordered that feels just terrific. So glad to get it in advance of the big driving adventure. Had to fill OH rather full of whiskey last night to get him back in the traveling mood. He’s like a stagnant pond some days…. We have plans to meet an online friend of his who lives en route, ha see how I did that? One more baby step toward Ireland. Fit I take it your OH has been tortured with the on-hold melodies? Jeesh 45 min. of that can make one not want to fly anywhere. Maybe that’s their devious plan, but it WON’T WORK ON ME, AerLingus, so stop trying.

Think I’ll get going before we lose power here, which happens almost every time it rains. Hugs allโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œjadexxx

Hi all!
    Had a lovely time at family bbq yesterday and today my third sis, whom I rarely get to see these days, came over for a visit so naturally, we went out for tea and cake! ๐Ÿ˜Š Won’t be fasting tomorrow either but I’ll try for Tuesday instead. I have tried too many semi fasts lately which have ended up being neither one thing nor the other and just p****d me off! So, yet again, I’m reminding myself to KISS! Let’s hope I remember my own advice!
    PH, glad to hear that the rest you had has done some good. Enjoy the lovely weather with your family โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ž
    Jade, I hope you’re still improving and that the brace gives you even more relief. Very clever moves with getting your OH on the road and in the correct frame of mind for coming to Ireland…..love it! My OH has an aversion to being kept on hold for anything but muzak definitely makes it a million times worse!
    Have a great week everyone!

Good morning/evening team, Fit how wonderful to read how much you are enjoying life๐Ÿ˜Š It IS heartwarming. Life comes before 5:2 and having our flexable WOE your fast can be any day of the week, so let it work for you๐Ÿ’•
    Jade lovely to hear the Ireland holiday with fit is still a goer๐Ÿ‘ I would love to be a fly on the wall with you two๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m sure it will be tears of laughter and emotion but above all, so much “getting to know you” conversations, have a ball, and if you have to use a bull ring through o/h nose…then use one! Anything to get him there๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฎ
    PH such a busy time and I know you are loving every minute of it. Grab all the happiness with both hands, our lives are so short, and time with our loved ones so precious. We seem to have our kids for ever, through school years and those mmmm wonderful teen years,nthen they fly the nest! So the visits back home is priority above everything๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—
    Well, this is it!!! Fasting TWICE this week, feeling healthy and patronising thoses bloody scales! I had an early phone call from GG, which woke me, fortunately, as I would have slept in, after such a hectic few weeks and weekend, so heading down, in my jammies, to feed my babies soonโ˜บ๏ธ I seem to no sooner think the early feeds are a thing of the past, then I’m back doing it again! Oh well, it gives me a reason to get out of bed, and I feel alive, and just adore being with them๐Ÿ˜‰
    Team, “don’t take life too seriously, you’ll never get out of it alive”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’— Cuddles xxxx

I just realised, it was FB where I said I had two new calves. Fit, we went and got them yesterday, a neighbour phoned and offered them to me. 4 days old and 7 days oldd. The family got stuck into cleaning the calf shed out for me and putting in new bedding, Wayne my SIL and Brody came with me to get them. And ofcourse lift them into my car. We put each in a feed bag then in the back of my Rav4. I had already decided to name one Gypsy….Danny was supposed to be that until he arrived as a boy! And I asked Brody if he’d like to name the other little girl. He chose Isabella, so I now have Gypsy and Bella, I posted that on FB and our Gyps is thrilled to have them named after her๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxx

CG, that’s amazing news about the new calves… I hope they won’t be too much work for you. Are you still keeping Lexie and Danny? It was great to have Wayne and Brody to do the heavy work in getting them home and settled into their new lodgings. Yes, I’m enjoying life despite the situation with my sister and the last few weeks have proved that we have done everything humanly possible to manage her care. I just can’t wait to meet Jade, I think we will have the best of craic together. I hope our OHs can put up with us rabbiting on like two long lost friends. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi all, woke up this morning to…hi Nan, time to get to work!! It was only 7.30..the troops decided to get an early start and try to finish the painting today. Daugher working today so it is just Son, DIL and little Joel. So looks like a busy day. Can’t believe this weather, it is so beautiful and sunny, perfect working weather.

Jade a brace is just the ticket until your back gets stronger, especially for your road trip. And Yes there are some serious repairs happening, the excavator and bobcat were working on the driveway up to the Studio at the back of the house. We scraped the top layer off and replaced with new road base so excavator needed for the scraping and getting rid of the old stuff in the truck, then he went and got a load of new topcoat and spread it everywhere with the bobcat. Then we hired a wacker packer to stamp it all down firm. Leaving it for a week to settle in now before I drive on it,again. Big job. But makes a real difference to the appearance and we want to try for top dollar. Once the painting all done then the windows are next on the list..hope to be finished ready for the photos by Thursday of this week then there are still 10 days left to just have fun before they go back to Canada…๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ so enjoying every moment while I can.

GL I too was in impressed by the double take…..wow. Well done

Fit glad you enjoyed your time with third sister…..of course it must be celebrated with cakes!! What else would be suitable…๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ

CG. Two new calves, love the names, you certainly don’t stop do you!!

Best go and join the troops. Bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, Fit I still have Lexie and Danny, but can’t carry all 4 once the feed starts to wane. I’ll be fine for the bext few months, then we get a flush of fresh new grass, which they can keep down for me, but once the paddocks start to struggle I think Lexie might have to go to a dairy๐Ÿ˜‰ She is constantly calling the cows across the road so think she really needs to be part of a herd. (And a Mummy herself maybe in 12 months) It’s not just when she is in season either, seems to be daily! Danny is my little plodder, I adore him, he’s still little, never stops eating though, and very pretty, as is Lexie, so it will all mean tears when I have to decide. My two new girls are Aershires, red and white,they will darken I think, but time will tell. Depending on how their natures are, I might part with one of them in the future and just keep the other with Danny? Oh the decidions a hobby farmer has to make. If I had the land,and money, I’d have kept every calf I have raised from the heginning๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxx

Just gave the babies their first warm milk and they loved it, so fortunately for me, no problems with feeding. Now it’s wait and see how the milk replacer affects themโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’— Coming from fresh cows milk in the dairy can sometimes be an issue, but have raised all mine on this replacer and they thriveโ˜บ๏ธ

Good for you CG! Enjoy their antics and gentle nature. You have some difficult decisions ahead but I know you wouldn’t have it any other way. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜ƒ I better take myself off to bed, it’s past 1am here!

Sweet dreams Fit ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ดXxx

Hi Team well as far as I’m concerned 5:2 officially starts again today. That’s it..end of story…no more excuses. We all did so well so let’s pick it up again and get on with it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I have an extra 5 kilos to lose, others have varying amounts and some of us have managed to maintain. If I look at my original goal I now still have just over 10 kilos to lose – but on the plus side I don’t have 17.5 to lose which is where I started. So even though I’ve slacked off, gone on holiday, whatever, I’m still way ahead of where I started well over a year ago. 5:2 was the answer and it still is. We just have to re-learn all those little tricks and tips. But mostly I feel we just have to pick up our aussie determination and get on with it – NO EXCUSES. Yes we may change days as that’s the beauty of 5:2 (so flexible) but we’ll still do 2 days somehow. Let’s encourage each other with positives ie what we ate for the day (gives others good ideas to try), how we stayed busy, how we turned things around if we strayed & rescued the day – all the inspiring OR mundane stories of how we stayed on track OR how we blew it but….we’re going to go again tomorrow. We need each other right now & we need positive examples to follow. We can’t just keep on dropping the ball……me included!! So let’s try and keep each other honest ๐Ÿ™‚

The weather’s warming up
    so it’s time for 5:2
    We know we can do it
    It’s really nothing new.

We’re all aussie battlers
    With a few beloved strays
    And we’re determined as hell
    To follow the 5:2 way.

So put your big bloomers on
    Cos we’re in for a ride
    And you’ll need all your courage
    To lose those pesky pounds.

Girls all we gotta do
    Is repeat..repeat..repeat
    And then do it all again
    Till we’ve got those kilos beat
    And we’re all looking neat!

Now I’ve run out of ideas so I’ll leave it there! For me today HB egg for brekky & lunch then Terriyaki Chicken & cauli rice (1/2 cup) for dinner, reserving some cals for a hot choc after dinner as I’ll need it to get me through the cold evening. Total 470 cals and to keep me honest at the end of the day I’ll report how things went & whether I managed to stick to the plan. But must admit that my aussie determination is rearing to go. So who’s with me for the ride?????? suejen XXXX
    Have a good day all and don’t forget to post as we need each other right now – whether it’s life or the pounds that are getting us down ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jade hope the back is on the mend dear girl. GG worried about you & hope your day ended up being OK after your posts? Gyps thinking of you & the Leprechaun as the treatment starts. {{{ }}} your way to both of you as you battle the storm. XXXX

Well said sjโ˜บ๏ธ As long as the mind set is on target, there ARE no excuses. I started with my usual milk coffee, and had one black since. Not planning on having lunch and chicken breast and salad for dinner……could be veggies, depending how cold it is when I eat. I was 71.5k๐Ÿ˜ฑ This morning, ….gotta get to 66k (my favourite year, Beatles and St.Kilda’s grand final) minimum! Then maintain. I have carried 70k for over a year now and enough is enough!!! C’mon team, do it for yourself…….you know how proud you felt when the scales were heading in a downward direction๐Ÿ˜‰ so back into it, try to remember what your usual fast day meals were and get back to what works for you. Post today your weight, get it out there, it keeps you honest๐Ÿ˜ฐ And WE CAN DO IT๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—xxxxxxx

Go SJ. This is really what we need.for us all to get serious together once again. We have been successful together before and we certainly can do it once again. Encouragement is the answer and keeping each other honest….we can do this๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ I have two weeks till the kids go and so will continue to do a fast day when I can until then but once they go I am with you full on. You never know I might even get into the swing of things earlier but need to be realistic as after Thursday it is all fun times until they leave. We are hoping to get all the jobs done by Thursday and then play…….. House now just finished painting and I have pressure cleaned about an eighth of the driveway area, lots of it, so back into it after my rest and see how much I can get done Before lunch. Something I can do sitting on my walker”,

I have my ultra sound guided cortisone injection in my spine at 2pm ๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’‰So no more work for this.little black duck after that..need to just rest for the rest of the day. ๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ›Œ
    Good luck with your fast day. You will smash it for sure๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hello all. My name is Mandy and I wondered if you would mind if I joined your thread? I came across the word “Aussie” (YAY) in the forum so jumped in to read your stories. I think I just need to have a little bit of accountability and this may be the way to go.

I am on my 5th fast day. I weighed myself after number 4 and had dropped a couple of kilos but unfortunately, a four day trip as the start of hubbies 50th festivities saw me eat and mostly drink (alcohol) ALOT! I am a little scared to weigh in after the binge. I will see what the scales say in the morning…..Anybody in the same boat? Do really well on the fast days then binge the deficit away? How do you break that cycle?

Good luck to you all.
    xx
    Mandy

Hi Mandy and welcome aboard. As Part of our team we will walk this path with you and offer encouragement all the way. We all share what we find works for us as differnt things seem to work for each of us. Binging is normal, hey, life goes on and 5:2 is very forgiving,so don’t worry. When you say your 5th fast day, do you mean over weeks? We all only fast (usually) Monday and Thursday…..that is unless social events or other are on those days, but with 5:2 being so flexable, the day can be changed to any onther day. We are having weigh in on Fridays too. We have followed this path for the last….oh…nearlly 2 years I think, but the last 6 months or so, most of us got pretty slack, so you are joining us at the perfect time, as we are all back on board with 2 fasts EVERY week, and hopefully posting daily…..which is where the support comes from. I have lost 30k with this way of life WOL) and way of eating (WOE) so it definately works. I have maintained around 70K (from 100k) even with three surgeries and not really sticking with the fasting. Your appitite changes as does your taste in food. Junk doesn’t hold the same lustre as it used to, neither does greasy food, yuck!! We all still have a drink too๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    I hope this all help, other team members will reply to…..welcome aboard ๐Ÿ˜Š….oh and on none fast days try to stick with your TDEE you can work that out at the top of the page in How it Works….good luck ๐Ÿ˜‰xxxxxxx

Thank you very much Countrygal for your welcome. Much appreciated and very helpful xx
    This is my 3rd week with a fast day on Monday’s and Thursday’s (although last week was Wednesday) so that is just perfect!
    Wow! That is amazing weight loss. Good on you!
    I am glad that there will be no alcohol shaming…I do that to myself enough. Having said that, I have reduced my intake drastically in comparison to what it was like a few months ago. I still enjoy the odd beverage though and do not think I could cut it out completely.
    Sugar is my big thing…Craving the sweetness is difficult to ignore alot of the time.
    So today I have had a tin of tuna and a pickle – 72 cals
    A green pressed juice (kale,green apple,celery,mint,parsley,coconut water,ginger) – 168cals
    For dinner small chicken breast stuffed with 1 prune, 25g spinach and spring onions drizzled with a teaspoon of honey and baked, served with steamed brocolini. – 253 cals
    Thanks again. I am looking forward to being a part of the support network you have going on here.
    All the best
    xx
    Mandy

I offically stated back on 5:2 yesterday….a day early. Weight yesterday 79.7kgs. Due to a unforeseen situation my weight this morning was 78.2kgs. Today was good with a single peice of tuna sushmi at 1130am then a multigrain sandwich with cheese,lettuce tomatoe for dinner…..just cannot eat anything else ….tummy is not feeling great.
    Wishing all of the team that are starting back good results . We have done this before now lets get our AUSSIE DETERMINATION back and stick with this WOL and WOE again.
    I have to admit I have really enjoyed my 5 mth break. I hope that I don’t go through the dreaded plateau thing this time around.
    A BIG WELCOME TO MANDY!!!! you picked a great thread to be part of on your 5:2 journey. We are experienced inthis WOL with CG especially losing a huge 30kgs in 2yrs.
    All the team have had successful losses in this same time frame. We have had plenty to celebrate over tha past months with many of us going overseas,60th birthdays and our 2nd WTF REUNION in Sydney in March of this year ,where 9 of us met for the 1st time.
    We will be there all the way on this journey with you. Never think you are alone …..SO BRING IT ON…..YOU CAN DO THIS! WELCOME TO AUSSIE DETERMINATION!…….๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿ’“hugs……GO GALXXXXXXX

Woohoo, lovely to see you back GG and I know those extra K’s will be gone in no time. They are only visiting, and not there to stay๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š Cuddles my dear friend xxxx

Hi all!
    Big welcome to you Mandy, it sounds like you have made a really good start. We all have special events and occasions when we overindulge (food as well as drink!). Thankfully, they are only blips along the way and if you have gained or stalled a little, you will soon be back on track. Best of luck ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช
    Hear, hear SJ! That’s exactly what we wanted and needed to hear at this stage of our journey. I’m determined to get back to basics this week with two fasts and no snacking! Lots of water too because I don’t seem to be drinking enough fluids for our muggy weather. I weighed in at 67.3 today after a weekend of indulgence and plain old binging! Ouch! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ก I’ve had one slice of whole grain toast for breakfast, it will be chicken and veg for dinner with fruit for dessert. Hard boiled egg and salad for tea/supper. NO snacking between meals! I’m going to fast tomorrow and then either Thursday or Friday depending on sister duties. I agree too…..no more excuses! ๐Ÿค or talking ๐Ÿ’ฉ!
    PH, best of luck with ultrasound and injection. You really deserve to kick up your heels now and have wonderful times with the family. ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    My goal is to get to 63kg as soon as possible and see if I can maintain that but any loss without going back up will be a success. WE CAN DO THIS. BRING IT ON! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช

Yeah!! GG! So great to see you back here. I’m sure you will succeed in anything you put your mind to! I hope life is being kind to you dear friend. Huge welcome back hugs to you {{{}}}

Wow Fit…..63k??? If you turn side on, we’ll mark you absent!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxxCuddles dear one xx

Hi, I am in my 2nd week and fasting Monday and Thursday. So far has been not too hard but today did have to ride over my empty tummy hungry feeling a few times at work and keep my mind busy.
    I have been a 5:2’er in the past with great success but maybe a little too stringent which I think is why I didnt go into maintenence mode and instead slowly gained weight again ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
    I am 167cm tall, 65.9kg and my first goal is to get to 63kg then 60kg.
    Thank you for listening๐Ÿ˜†

Welcome Tilley! You’ve done very well so far and didn’t stray too far before getting back on track, so that’s a good start. Keeping busy and drinking lots of water helps me to get over the hunger pangs which really don’t last too long, so you have the right idea and the know how to follow this way of life successfully again. Best of luck! Most of us fast on Mondays and Thursdays and weigh in on Fridays to keep us honest and on our toes! But, only if you want and if you feel that would be helpful. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi Tilley and welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION, the support and chatter we have here makes you feel part of the team, YOU ARE NEVER ALONE and sharing all the highs and lows of the journey does help. Going it alone just does not seem to work๐Ÿ˜‰ Fasting twice each week is a must of course and good food choices on non fast days. It’s all so easy but bad habits keep biting us on the bum and we laps back! Posting daily helps keep you honest, moreso with yourself. Planning is a must when shopping too, also having 5:2 meals you have prepared in the freezer at the ready, especially if feeding a family, you can still eat with them, but your own meal. The journey is fun and full of experiences, your appetite drops, tasts change, choices differ than in the past, and you feel so much healthier๐Ÿ˜Š So welcome aboard and ask questions any time and share your ideas. No matter how long we have been doing 5:2 we can always learn from others โ˜บ๏ธxxxxx

Another hint with hunger pangs, is to wait 10 minutes, you will usually find they pass, if not miso soup or a hard boiled egg will carry you through.
    Hi Fit, we crossed ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

HI Team promised to check in again so here I am. Had a good day but did collapse a bit after dinner so went over my 500 cals for sure, but not a bad start back. Apart from that stayed exactly on plan. Think my 2nd fast I’ll do better & plan to have very careful days in between so as not to waste my time fasting! When you think about it that’s what it does – just totally wipes out your great efforts of staying the course on a FD (fast day for our newbies)! Good to see others in the team rearing to go too! suejen XXXX

Oh and a big welcome to Tilley and Mandy. Nice to have some new keen 5:2ers on board. Make sure you visit the aussie determination recipe forum too ladies. Plenty there for you. Let’s make it a great week so we can post losses on Friday. Doesn’t matter how big or small but let’s make sure we do post – even if we had a gain. Let’s keep each other honest, not hide away & only report the great news. It’s all part of the 6:2 journey ๐Ÿ™‚

SJ love the poem!! Yes, putting the big bloomers on is tough sometimes. I managed not to eat candy for lunch, which I’ve been dumb enough to do countless times, always felt so unhinged after. I flapped those bloomers like a wild goose in my office and kept on task, have felt quite crazy enough lately without that. Finally home for a bit of hummus and cherry tomatoes๐Ÿ˜

Yay, GG’s here! Hope you are feeling better. One sushi, wow that is strong๐Ÿ’ช I’m sending Vulcan mind waves your way, guaranteed to permeate the thickest skullsโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’› CG no worries, OH was quite safe from my Cajun temper – it is what drew me to litigation though, loved fighting the bad guys. Hey I didn’t realize your calves were so young!! Just really days old๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›Wish I could see them๐Ÿฎโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿฎโ™ฅ๏ธ

Hey Fit, good to see you are taking advantage of the Irish delicacies๐Ÿ’šI’m a good-time eater, too, just you wait and see๐Ÿ˜˜ I am ready NOW. Tell you what though, this back brace is like a ****ing lap band! I don’t sleep in it though, surprised I don’t get up in the night and raid the pantry. May need to pack on a few in Dublin. Mmmm, cake and Toblerone martinis….OOPS STOP, SORRY FASTERS๐Ÿ™„

PH sounds as though you and I get a similar injection, whew I thank heaven for those things. You just continue to enjoy your family, there will be time for 5:2 later. Still floored at all the changes at your place – love it, hope you get top dollar! And it will sell in a flash, brilliant.โšก๏ธMaybe little Joel can return just when you need some work at the new place๐Ÿ˜

Welcome Whitty and Tilley, nice to meet you! I’m an honorary Aussie from the US – you’ll find loads of good advice here, good humor, no shaming re whatever floats your appetite boat. CG’s right, we’ve drifted a bit and talk about everything under the sun. Which we will always do, but health is at the bottom of it. Sugar and pastry was the devil for me, I learned a lot over the past year about how to kick the habit, and it’s great to no longer feel addicted. Congrats on your successful fasts!

Whew I’m too sleep deprived to say more – shout out to Up, not sure what you’re up to other than reacclimating yourself to home base. And Gyps, still looking forward to racing more, when I can keep my eyes open. ๐Ÿ˜ดLove you all, I can feel the determination๐Ÿ’ช Let’s do it! xxxx
    ps: that should be “reading” not “racing” Gyps….my subconscious misses the motorcycle maybe?

This is the binning of a new chapter…I have just been on the scales and am up to 98.7 again. That is a gain of 3.7 kgs since the WTF reunion in March. My goal is still the same, 95 in the short term and eventually to 90kgs and see how I feel from there. If I get to 90 it will be 30kgs since starting. Many holidays, good times and prednisone tablets During my time Out from serious 5.2ing.๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿน๐Ÿ’๐Ÿท๐Ÿซ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰.so not too disappointed. Have decided to do a proper fast tomorrow. Did a sort of a one yesterday but could only manage 600 cals. Had to celebrate finishing painting the house. Now just 3 days of gardens, cleaning windows and the rest of the driveways and we will be all done. Then it is 10 days of just having fun with my Canadian family before they have to head home.

I must be getting old..it was a CT scan guided injection, and they head to tweak it a couple of times before they hit the spot, rolling me in and out of the scanner, and boy when they did they really hit it. So a bit sore still today but hopefully it will kick in over the next week and i will not have to rest as much…

Welcome Mandy and Tilley, lovely to have some new people. We have all been a little slack of late and having you both on the thread with us will just add to our commitment. As you can probably gather a few of us have slipped backwards and are now starting to get serious again and will be in a good position to provide support to you both as you will to us. CG has given you some good advice but if you have any question just ask away. One of us will be able to help you. I made the mistake yesterday of eating too early. On my fast days I usually don’t eat till around 4pm but with family here for lunch I had a salad with them and then was hungry for the rest of the day. Should have had hard boiled eggs. My OH and I are in our 70,s and are planning on downsizing to a 2 bedroom villa from a house with 4 bedrooms, three bathrooms and lots of sheds, we have had a month with family downsizing and getting our home ready for sale. Our family have all been here at some stage and our son and DIL and grandson are home from Canada for two months, helping with this major project. My daughter lives just half an hour away and is helping also. My youngest son and partner and our little grandaughter came up from Tasmania early on in the project as well so,have been having lovely family time and lots of celebrating along the way. Wonderful memories have been made and of course fasting went out the window.

GG lovely to have you back๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—. It will be just like old times. You have made a good start while not feeling great. Hope you are feeling better today(((๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•)))

SJ how did the fast day go? I’m sure it was successful.

CG. You are back in the swing of things straight away. Not that I would expect any less of our fearless leader. Enjoy your new babies…๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฎ
    and FIT best of luck with your fast, you did pretty good for a non fast day yesterday!! You are right, we have don this before and will be back on track in no time now that we are all committed again.
    WE CAN DO THIS GALS””” AFTER ALL WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION !!!๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡
    And finally Gyps, great read, really hotting up,now and you are really pumping out those chapters. I has become a great story with all of its twists and turns with a little bit of sticking it up the establishment….so great, love, love , love it!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Good morning/evening team…..How did your fast go!!๐Ÿค“ I was fine with it, although have done a few recently, buy yesterday was a concerted effort and my AUSSIE DETERMINATION lead the wayโ˜บ๏ธ All was good until lights out…..what a buggar of a night! I tossed and turned, got up a few times but could not go to sleep. At 2:30am I got up and had a glass of milk and a slice of cheese so I’ll be interested to see how the scales have reacted when I shower.
    Suejen 600 is close enough when getting back in the saddle ๐Ÿ˜‰ it’s been quite some time and getting used to not eating after dinner takes time. In fact that’s the hardest time NOT to nibble. You are so right about not stuffing the fasts up with wrong eating on non fast days. The jury is still out with me as to WHAT normal eating is? Do we stay with in our TDEE, under it, or don’t bother counting cals and just be portion control aware and food choices?
    PH I’m glad that injection is behind you, golly they hurt and I do hope the relief is quick for you. I had a look back on old posts last night, and found I was 82k on Jan 8 2014 BUT 79.9K on Jan 22โ˜บ๏ธ That was down from 99.5K but was staggered how quickly the weight dropped๐Ÿ˜Š So hang in there, once back to full routine, it becomes second nature to fast. I have been annoyed with myself for being 70k most of the last 8-9months, but forgot. I had a plateau of 75K which seemed to last forever……same as when I was 80k but IT DOES MOVE, 5:2 DOES work, so keep the faith team๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jade you take care and try not to do any more damage to yourself. Try like I do to be the “Lady” of the house more often rather than the jack of all trades! (When time permits?)Cuddles๐Ÿ’—
    So team, we are back into it, time for our old routines to begin too, sj, back to walking/hiking, Gyps dust the cobwebs off that exercise bike, GG,back to the palates you love and PH the pool…..I’m hoping to get back to gym in the next few weeks,the pool still wont be warm enough for me yet so waiting a bit on the weather, but WILL start back on my exercise bike๐Ÿ˜ฑ Slowly!
    Time to feed the calves and cows team, have a lovely day and remember…DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxxxxx

Well done SJ! That sounds like a very good start and I can feel your determination coming off the page! Keep up the good work! ๐Ÿ˜‡
    Jade, I think we’re going to be a very bad influence on each other when you get here…..oh, goody! Toblerone, cake, peach schnapps, Guinness, whiskey, Cadbury’s……the possibilities are endless! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Sleep well and rest that back.
    PH, you’ve been riding a very exciting roller coaster for the last few months so it’s not surprising you’ve gained a bit but I have no doubt you will soon lose it again. We’ve seen how much you can accomplish in a short time when you put your mind to it! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘ I hope your injection does the trick so you can enjoy the rest of the time with your ‘Canadians’. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi CG! We crossed again! Great fd behind you but sorry to hear you didn’t sleep so well. The nights have been very muggy and humid here for the last week or more, almost impossible to sleep and so uncomfortable. Wearing nothing but Chanel No 5 doesn’t seem to work! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you for the welcome and encouragement ๐Ÿ˜€great to know there is support when needed๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hi Fit, you night owl you! It must be the middle of the night there? Thank God you don’t need much beauty sleep๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—xxxxxx and with what you wear, I’m not surprised you don’t get much sleep!๐Ÿ˜œxxxx
    Tilly, your welcome, the support and constant posting is what keeps you on your path ๐Ÿ˜‰Xxxx

It’s almost half past midnight CG and I am a bit of a night owl but at this stage, no amount of beauty sleep is going to reverse my wrinkles!

Fit you are besutiful as you are ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Sunday morning 72.5k
    Monday morning 71.5k
    Fast
    This morning 70.6k
    Now to stay like that!!!
    Just had a lovely call from GG and she is doing wonderfully well, being strong and resilient, good for you GG, xxxxx๐Ÿ’—And her scales too are showing a downward trend โ˜บ๏ธ

Woohoo CG! That’s a great result…..leading the way as usual! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ†๐Ÿพ Delighted to hear that GG is doing well, she deserves all the happiness in the world. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž

Good Morning All and thank you very much for your welcome’s. Hi Tilley, glad there is another new presence, although you mentioned you have had success previously on the plan so please everyone excuse my ignorance should I ask something trivial.
    How did you manage a loss like that over two days Countrygal? Did you fast on Sunday as well? So good!
    I jumped on the scales this morning after my fast day yesterday and I am down 1 kilo since I started (this is my third week), which really wasn’t too bad considering what I have consumed over a four day period. I did find yesterday’s fast the hardest though. I think it may be because of the junk I ate on Sunday…and ate and ate…and the wine that was drunk and drunk and drunk… Anyway, I feel great this morning. Mindful eating today and tomorrow then another fast day Thursday.
    Did any of you find it difficult to lose weight initially? How long was it before you started to see steady loses?

Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of the thread.
    Have a great day.

Smiles
    Mandy x

Hi all Mandy no questions are trivial here & there’s usually someone around at any given time of the day to pitch in and help – especially with our 2 overseas honorary aussies (a big help late at night/early morning!). Yes junk food consumed in-between especially sugars will make your fasts harder, partly a physical and partly a mental thing. Weight losses have varied with everyone but usually we’ve lost very well in the beginning. If you have a lot to lose you’ll have very good losses at the start. Looking back my losses for the first few weeks were 1.4kg 1.2kg .3kg .5kg .8kg .6kg .6kg & then a 0 loss (birthday weekend!). I lost 6 kilos in the first 3 months. Last year we all seemed to hit plateaus & lots took a break for a while – winter!! But we’re rearing to go again now especially as some like me have had extended holidays & put back on some of that weight & don’t want it ๐Ÿ™‚
    CG I’m starting off with the mindset that I really don’t want to track my TDEE every day so I’m just going to do it on FD’s & see how I go. If I’m not losing enough I’ll start tracking. I’d like to hope that good healthy choices & mindful eating between fasts will be enough but we’ll see. I don’t see tracking cals every day as sustainable. We have to practice practice practice making good food choices as our primary tool, watch portion control & cut out junk! And watch our alcohol intake & I’m certainly NOT saying cut it out. Just can’t do that!! Anyway that’s the way I feel today. My goodness CG my scales haven’t moved yet. You’re doing great!!!
    Oh but Fit wearing nothing but Chanel no 5 is a GREAT way to go to bed hehe. But admittedly muggy nights are just awful. Though must say I can’t wait for them… I’m a real summer girl.
    PH those cortisone injections can be real painful so thankfully they work so well, or none of us would want one. Just rest up now & enjoy your last 9 days or so of family. Make every moment special. Take photos..we didn’t take enough of family – usually because you’re having too much fun. That does give you wonderful memories but the pics help once they’re gone! Have to print some of mine & frame.
    Jade all the best with the back brace & hope it does the trick for you. You’re back in the office already? Well done on flapping those bloomers around at work! Just don’t do too much you busy lady you ๐Ÿ’ƒ
    Well onto my mindful eating day. Hope those who fasted yesterday got back into the swing of things & are ready for the ride and the losses to come. GG good to see you back on here – miss your presence ๐Ÿ˜‰ suejen XXXX

Welcome to the team MISS TILLEY! Glad to have you on board and like many of us giving 5:2 another go.
    Today being a non fast day and the tummy still not 100% I have had a huge glass of really cold full cream milk with a large pouring of chocolate sauce…..now feeling much better .
    My weight this morning was 77.8kgs a loss of .3 o/n . Well I really did do my famous BACK TO BACK although it was not deliberate.l am starting back with pilates tomorrow as that to had a holiday.
    It feels like home back on our thread with all of us so full of enthusiasm. ….just like the old days!!!!

Things on the home front are no worse or better. OH is doing his own thing…..no apology in sight.

WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION AND WE CAN DO THIS….BRING IT ON!!!!!

……GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi team, 6:00 and just back from lunch๐Ÿ˜ I had a grain roll with hot pork and gravy with salad…..and crackling๐Ÿ˜Š Very yummy, then a cappuccino. We went to the Good Guys as Julie needed a new Micro wave oven, so silly me…..bought a new Robin Hood! Mine is looking crappy,and this new one is a slide out style, plus very quiet,….now to get a sparky to install it๐Ÿ˜ณ More damned money! But all home improvement so biting the bullett……then we went to a meat market, oh so cheap, so bought heaps of chicken for the boys and me. We scavanged through a few op shops and I got a lovely scarff $3๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ We went to a shopping mall, another coffee (no cake, happy to say) then passing a clothes shop, saw a lovely blouse and went is to ask the price $89!!!!!forget it….but tried some lovely slacks….in medium, the sales lady said, I think you should try small…..and they fitted beautifully๐Ÿ˜Š And 2 for $99 so that I didn’t mind, quite tailored so my style. Then an hours drive home, shopping straight onto the kitchen bench,then down to the paddocks, some lucern for Lexie and Danny, and lock the calves in to keep warm๐Ÿ™„ then fed the boys some fresh kangaroo meat I’d just bought, which they loved. My t/bone is waiting nervously to be cooked but having a bourbon and zero before I do another thing๐Ÿค—
    Mandy I do tend to fluctuate that much in a matter of days, we call it the zigzag effect, most of us do it, and it’s food choices and fluid. But keeping the loss is the hardest, we don’t starve between fasts, so obviously we gain a bit AGAIN! I totally agree with sj regarding food choices and not counting cals on MY FITNESS PAL as it does get tedious daily, so just count on fast days. Being new, it would pay you to use it for a few weeks until you get used to the value of cals in most foods you eat, it will surprise you, even herbs add up.๐Ÿ˜ณ It really boils down to meal sizes, use a smaller dinner plate or bowl, you find you will be full enough, learn the difference between hunger, or greed, have a glass of water before you eat,and if you feel peckish,drink water,wait 10 minutes and you’ll find the desire to eat passesโ˜บ๏ธ If it doesn’t have a hard boiled egg, (a wonderful main stay, or miso soup, very low cal but satisfying. You will always have the odd blow out, but don’t be hard on yourself. Go straight back to 5:2 the following day๐Ÿ˜Š Eat normally and enough at dinner time, so the urge to pick later wont happen. Golly I do go on don’t I?
    Have a lovely evening team, regrets are a waste of time but lessons are a necessity, so learn by your mistakes๐Ÿค“ Xxxxxx

SJ great poem and thank you. I am doing okxxxxx

Hi all!
    Yes it is like the good old days with lots of posts to read when I wake up in the morning. Let’s hope it’s also going to be losses all the way on the scales too or with the measuring tape. Tilley and Mandy, it’s a good idea to measure yourself, (waist, hips, thighs, bust) from time to time too because sometimes the scales don’t show a change but the measuring tape does….so it all helps to keep you going and you often notice that your clothes just fit and feel better ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I’m fasting today so I’m feeling good about that because I feel in control and determined to get back with the programme and to stop my snacking habit which was starting to take hold again. So, it’s full steam ahead for the next few weeks until I go to Spain and I then want to see if I can enjoy a special occasion or two without going off the rails altogether.
    CG, that was a lovely day out with Julie and what a wonderful boost to get with those SMALL sized trousers! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ Those calves and dogs really are your babies, aren’t they? Pampered and thoroughly spoiled and so cute! They are so lucky to have you as their mama! ๐Ÿ˜
    GG, I’m sorry to hear life is a bit bumpy for you at the moment but you are showing great Aussie determination and spirit. I hope things settle down for you. Love and hugs to you. (((๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž)))
    SJ, I’m such a contradiction when it comes to temperature….. I can’t take the heat but I can’t bear to be cold! Right little princess! ๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m with you on not wanting to count cals every day. Instead I want to train and teach myself to be more mindful of the choices and amounts that I eat. Then, this wol of life will become second nature and sustainable long term.
    WE CAN DO THIS. BRING IT ON! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Morning Fit and not sure what time it is in Australia but hi all – wow the joint is hopping. It’s like Aussie REdeterrmination! Wheeee, bring it on๐Ÿ’ช

I did a sort of fast yesterday, mostly because I was too fast out the door to take anything decent for lunch. Found it just me and candy at school, where not many teachers are back from vacation. So really I’m quite excited that I chose hunger over eating Hershey’s miniatures. The way that would’ve gone down in the past would be: I’ll just have one to stop the tummy rumbling. Oh, that was good, I’ll have another. Now, find one with nuts, need a bit of balance here. Great, more snickers. And…. [headfirst into candy dish]. Don’t even bother to tell me not to keep it in the office, it’s everywhere. But I won that little skirmish๐Ÿ… had veggie burger and slaw for dinner because it was the easiest thing I could think of to make, both of us exhausted.

Good luck with the fast today, Fit. Going to Spain! Wow, that’s exciting. Oops, first thing I thought of was paella, gee I’m a broken record and it’s such a beautiful country (I say from the geography books, never been). You do live an exciting life๐Ÿ’ซ! Chanel No. 5 gave us all a wicked little chuckle๐Ÿ˜

CG super well done on the losses, and your shopping trip sounds fun – wonderful when clothes fit just so AND the label says “you’re slender and lovely”โญ๏ธ Love the coffee stops too, I’m off to one this morning, yumโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธ

PH ow I know, those shots do hurt, I had lidocaine first with mine and IT hurt. Good thing I wa on my back, couldn’t reach out and hit anyone. Hope you’re feeling better๐Ÿ’œand can enjoy your wonderful family now the work’s about done.

Hi GG wow you’re really back!! Sorry re home front I’ll keep sending the waves, the dam will break. Just you take care of yourself in the meantimeโ™ฅ๏ธMore than one way to skin a cat (sorry I’m a cat lover but I love that expression).

Hey Sue, I’m with you on keeping MFP in the deep freeze for now. It’s enough to get on the horse without expecting to compete in dressage.๐Ÿค” Always been my trouble, i.e. perfection is the enemy of the good. Much better to take things step by step and go for mindfulness. Mandy, I see you’ve picked up on that theme already too, congrats – it’s all a learning process and getting used to a lot of new ways of thinking about food. For starters, that hunger won’t kill us, and also that junk and processed food, or wine, or whatever, can trigger overeating, so it’s good to experiment and learn more about your reactions to food. I’ve been on over a year and found I had to go without some foods completely for awhile before their power over me waned. I was the biggest sugar-holic in the world. But even yesteay I wasn’t really craving it, it was just the only thing around BUT I knew I’d feel like absolute trash if I ate it, not guilty trash but just blood-sugar spike to Mars. Whattya know, my brain actually got my mouth to obey, will wonders never cease.

Love to all, better get this achy bod in the shower and off.โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’œjadexxx

Thank you Fit, yes will measure and keep track. Just finished re-reading MM’s The Fast Diet book to refresh and enthuse me again into this new way of living. I am interested in my waiste to height ratio and BMI as a measure of healthy weight as I have a strong family history of heart disease and I want to do all I can to prevent me having heart disease.
    Jade, I also have a very big sweet tooth and am trying to cut down on my sugar consumtion. Good to hear the cravings will wane.
    Love all this encouragement and support.
    Goodnight
    Tilley

Mornin’ Jade! You’re sounding more and more like your old (young!) self every day. Well done on your sugar resistance yesterday, I’m very impressed! It’s a huge problem for me but if I cut out the snacking then it limits the damage and opportunities to stuff my face with biscuits and chocolate, so I’m hoping to battle my demons that way. I’m going to Spain to celebrate the 60th birthday of OH’s best friend. It will be a week long orgy (not THAT kind!), (maybe leave Chanel no 5 at home!!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ). But lots of food and even more drinks!!! It’s going to be very tough to keep any semblance of control or even decorum, I reckon! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‹
    Tilley, good for you! You’re doing all the right things and being motivated by health reasons is keeping me going too. We will all get there together ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ

Fit your Spanish orgy will be good training for November๐Ÿ˜. Remember I said I was a happy eater, so if I actually get to Ireland there may be no cake left in the whole country by the time I leave. And thanks I’m feeling more like my old self, told my doc no more of that family of pills please. Some nice pain pills would be lovely, but meanwhile the back brace is marvelous. I even mowed the yard again!

Tilley, I highly recommend the science of breaking the sugar (and white grains) habit, very plainly explained by Jason Fung. If you’re like me, you’ll think it’s impossible, because your body will not be happy with the change. I had to do it gradually over many months, with many relapses, much cursing and refusing to believe the science, so don’t get discouraged. Basic rules: opt for whole foods, and if you must have sweets/bread/etc. make sure to have them after a good meal of protein and good fats. The insulin rush will be much less and your body will get less of a kick out of those bad foods. In the meantime, intermittent fasting is just freaking awesome for giving the entire body and brain a rest from thinking about food and from processing food.

Hmm, where did THAT health lecture come from….well, can’t help it, it’s in my nature. โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’›xxx

Ha Jade, you’ll have serious competition on the cake eating front when you get here! Every time you mention your brace, I’m reminded of an old joke (probably told about every nationality as required!). ‘What is an Irishman’s version of foreplay? “Brace yourself, Mary!” ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Viewing 50 posts - 14,101 through 14,150 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.