Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,701 through 13,750 (of 14,786 total)

• Thanks dear Fit – I did have fun today, it was funny because midafternoon we were both so thirsty and we realized we had been chattering nonstop for at least 5 hours! Ha – she is a teetotaler so we opted for cherry limeade and in the small print I saw they offered a “diet” version but my big rebellion of the day was to pretend I didn’t see that. I also had a great lunch and have just polished off burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner.
    I am just a bit down because every time I think I’ve tamed my appetite, found the secret to my cravings, I see I’ve gained a few lbs. WELL NO WONDER YOU’RE NOT HUNGRY….and yet I have felt hungry even gaining those lbs – all while being fairly disciplined (especially compared to years past), passed up food I’ve wanted, opting for the more healthful option, having just a small piece of chocolate instead of the whole bar. Hell, if I wanted to gain a couple of pounds I know more fun ways to do it!

Well, as you said, if that’s the way it is, I guess I have the choice to keep fighting or be unhealthy and let the pounds climb aboard. Shoot, I don’t like those choices, wah wah wahhhhh!๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ˜ซ I am feeling ornery!!! However, I know what the choice has to be. Fine.๐Ÿ˜ก Ha, I really do need a pacifier right now!
    Love you allโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•xxx

Oh poor Jade! I do know how you feel. It seems like we try harder and harder for diminishing returns. I don’t think we do a whole lot of damage by the odd blow out but it feels disheartening when we try to be mindful and still get punished for it. The only suggestion I can make is to identify your worst habit and try to change it. Then move on to the next, if necessary. I’ve certainly found my big downfall is the in-between meal snacking. However, the good results don’t come immediately so we have to remember the patience and perseverance. As you say Jade, the alternatives are not an option, so on we go….arm in arm, shoulder to shoulder, we can do this, we WILL do this! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž

Hi jade and fit. Just popping In to say hi before I turn off the light. I just love the banter between the two of you. Makes for joyful reading. Had a bad back day today and so not feeling very chatty at the moment. Will catch up tomorrow.๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Oh dear, Fit – identify my worst food habit…so many to choose from๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฎ There’s snacking, having too much sugar and simple carby things, and…wait, is that it? I guess that second one is rather broad, but still, I don’t see why I have to turn into a cyclone throwing a tantrum ๐ŸŒช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ซ- and I probably wouldn’t have, if I’d just stayed away from the scale. Man, I already hid that thing in the basement. Maybe I should put it out in the backyard with the snakes!!๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜‚ Thank goodness the sun rises again on a new day. This one’s going just fine so far and wow it’s already 8:30 – go me๐Ÿ’ช! Go us! Arm and arm, indeed – let’s fight onโœŠ๐Ÿ’š – yes we can do this!! thanks for the pep talkโ˜บ๏ธxx

Ah, sorry about your back PH, hope a bit of rest gets you to feeling better. We are a motley feisty crew aren’t we? Hugs to you {{gentle ones}}๐Ÿ’œ

Off into battle I go – feeling a tad squishy, but not going near that thing in the basement. No no no – xxxxx

PH, so sorry to hear about your back….when it acts up like that, it affects your whole system and mood. You probably did overdo things with all the sewing, you supergran! Take care, my dear, I hope the rest does the trick ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž
    Jade, I think snacking covers both your bad habits and mine, because we mostly snack on sugar and carbs, right? So, try cutting out the snacking and see how that goes. One step at a time. I’m right beside you ๐Ÿ‘ญ
    I’m just back from visiting my sister. She was dreadful again. Then, we heard they are thinking of discharging her and they hadn’t even discussed it with us or checked to see if her carers would be back in place for her return home! WTF??!!! Grrrr! My other sis and I were so angry, it’s a wonder we didn’t end up being committed ourselves! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ‘บ We said she can’t come home until her care is in place and we also said we didn’t expect her to be worse coming home than when she went in! The nurse just said ‘Oh, well, you knew she had to go home at some stage and it’s probably all in her head and it’s part of her dementia, so what do you expect?’ Honestly, I’m going to kill someone! There’s no common sense or joined up thinking anymore. Ok, calm down, Fit, before you have a fit!

Holy cow, that nurse must be having a bad career day – maybe she’s the one who needs to leave! How awful to say that to the family. All in her head, really?? I remember hearing that line myself from a doc who prescribed BC that rendered me a depressed, weeping lunatic. As though that washed his hands of it. Yes, you a** it is in my head and I wish I could I could shove it in yours – and I’d take the back door entry if necessary, with a cannon maybe๐Ÿ’ฃ! Jackass, no empathy whatsoever. I am steamed way over here and it’s lucky she isn’t close or she’d get one in the kisser for sure. And not a kiss either!๐Ÿ˜ก I’m so sorry you’re having to go through that. Sorry for ranting, too, don’t mean to make it worse. I do hope things look up with the carers and the scheduling for her return home – {{{๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š}}} Hugs and love to you, xxxxxx

Don’t apologise for ranting, Jade, it’s all healthy and better out than in! We’ll make sure there is plenty of care in place before my sister comes home, or else, we’re just not taking her home! Love and hug right back at ya, twin! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜˜

Morning team – back from the edge of insanity, I managed to outrun the sugar beast yesterday, with nice sane protein and veg, plus half an apple. It’s funny how an irresistible urge one day becomes totally ho hum the next. Probably some rampaging hormones on the loose.๐Ÿฆ‚๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‘ป Hope I didn’t scare everyone off the thread!
    Today’s beautiful sunshine will be marred only by a faculty meeting, oh those things are so boring and of course we use some kind of parliamentary meeting procedure where the chair (the dean) must individually recognize each person who wants to speak, and in a roomful of academics EVERYONE seems to want to speak, so it’s very long and filled with annoying phrases like “I also concur” ๐Ÿ˜œ Really? Well gee, if you concur, how about just nodding your head in silence, because we’ll all get the idea faster that way. ๐Ÿ‘

Ok, just airing my snarky side so that I’m polite later! ๐Ÿ˜‡ Fit, best of luck dear girl in arranging the carers, hugs to youโ™ฅ๏ธ. And I hope everyone else is doing something fun – stay safe in all the wild weather out there.โšก๏ธ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŒช๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ”† xx

Hi there Jade! Just loving your snarky side….give ’em hell, girl! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ Yes, it’s amazing just how dumb a room of academics can be….must think of a collective noun for them too ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„ So glad to hear you’re feeling better and getting on top of those blasted hormones or demons that launched a sneak attack on you yesterday! Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes….all will be well. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž
    Hi to everyone else. Please come out of hiding and keep myself and Jade company! ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ

Oh goodness, blah blah blah here in ๐Ÿ‘ฟ the faculty conference room. I like our dean but she can talk a blue streak, and it sets the tone for the whole meeting. The others believe they’re brief and concise if they talk for only 5 minutes after she gets done๐ŸŒŠ. ๐ŸŒŠ

In the meantime, croissant sandwiches have just been brought in. Oh man, literally NO ONE in this room needs that, least of all me. Oh no and I see trays of cookies too, terrific. ๐Ÿ™„Maybe I can crawl under the table until it’s all gone!๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ OH has already mentioned picking up a pizza to take to a friends gathering tonight. I am being attacked on all sides by carbsโ› – I shall summon my aussie determination and soldier on. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿšซxxx

Wow, Jade, that’s just too many battles on several fronts. I think you should tunnel under the table for now and maybe, for future eventualities, plan to have emergency snacks with you to avoid the inevitable sugar/carb temptations produced at these events when you’re so bored you’d eat your own granny! As for pizza with the neighbours, let OH get the pizza and you can prepare a healthy salad to go with it. Soldier on, my brave comrade in arms! WE CAN DO THIS! โš”๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’š

Dear Jade and Fit. What a time you have been having and me just ozzing self pity and completely ignoring you both.๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฐ. I am so pleased that you stood your ground with the โ‚ฌยฅยฃ#ยฃโ‚ฌยฅ nurse? ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก What a rude one. Have you managed to talk to your sisters treating doctor yet about her condition? Surely he is the one who,should be making time to talk to you. Stand your ground until you get some results girl!! I am like Jade and sooooomaaaaad…… Did they find out anything about her physical condition, tests etc? Boy oh boy!! So proud of you for not letting the, push you into taking her home until her care is in place. Sending heaps of hugs๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•.

Jade. Can’t believe that supposedly highly educated people would supply that type of food for a facility meeting…maybe that is something you could start to change ..insisting that they cater for all tastes and include some healthy choices on these occasions. Our meetings always included some healthy wraps and platters of fruit!!๐ŸŒฏ๐ŸŒฏ๐ŸŒฏ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ But I guess I did work for the Health Department.
    Well done you for outrunning th sugar beast yesterday๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—. How come you are at meetings? Isn’t it in your holidays??
    I’m also loving your snarky side!! Letting off stem always makes me feel so much better. You are doing so well on your journey with us simply because you never stop trying…that’s what makes this forum so essential. Thank god for your wonderful twin๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€..with you all the way.
    I have had to make the decision not to go to Brisbane to pick up my family..My back could just not cope with the 8 hours driving required. Thank goodness OH’s shoulder has improved enough for him to drive..so he will take it slowly and take the day today to drive up with lots of rest stops, stay with his sister overnight and pick them up tomorrow morning. I just hate not being there when they get off the plane๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    darling daughter came over on Tuesday night and we had a special dinner to celebrate her 40th birthday..just the three of us as we will have a nice family celebration when all of the family are home together in about a month. Then yesterday she got the house ship shape for the cleaner for me …on her birthday…love her to bits!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“Then we went for,coffee with our best friends, who have known her all of her life, and she ordered chocolate mud cake, her fav … the local coffee shop lady brought it out with candle and gave her a double serve!! There are some lovely people in the world!! Then she went to town to enjoy the massage ๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿปwe got her as part of her present…followed by dinner out with her girlfriends.. Who have rolling celebrations planned for her. Can’t believe she is 40 years old..where has the time gone?

Anyway you two…thank you for always being there and have a great day…I am planning a fast!! Perfect day for it with no one home but me and I have my special spaghetti bols ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿwith lots and lots of vegies in the freezer, zucchini pasta at the ready so bring it on. We can do anything we set our minds to and together fight off those pesky carb and sweet temptresses!! ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿ™…..bye for now..might try for some more shut eye!!

Hi there PH! Thanks for popping in when you have such a busy time on your hands. You didn’t show any signs of self pity at all. I know how debilitating a bad back can be. I hope you are in top form by the time your family arrives. Your daughter is such a thoughtful sweetheart. I’m glad she’s going to have lots of treats to celebrate her birthday. I’m sure you’ll smash your fd, it can be easier to do it on your own.
    We’ve requested a family meeting with my sister’s doctor and will make all our complaints known. She is due to have her MRI scan on the 20th June, the day before they discharge her! God knows when we’ll get the results of it!
    Have a wonderful time with your family from Canada. Create special memories and take lots of precious photos to keep those magic moments with you forever. Love and hugs ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•

I’m afraid I’m not behaving very well – something was just eating at me (well, vice versa, eventually๐Ÿ˜œ) – I think I need to just chill the **** out for a bit. And the weather here is so nice! We’re taking veggie snacks, chicken wings, and pizza over to the neighbor’s, along with some chilled gin and tonic. Should be fun. See Fit there are a few healthy things in there…and remember old Scarlett O’Hara, tomorrow is yet another day ๐Ÿ˜ so tonight I’m relaxing. Tried to install some wooden blinds at D’s house, it’s lucky I’m not already nose deep in the gin – arrghhh. ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ

PH sorry to hear your back has you down, but you’re one smart cookie to skip that long car ride so that you’ll be up for them when they arrive. Good planning there! Sending lots of hugs until you get the real ones from your dear family.

Hugs all๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ”†โ™ฅ๏ธxxxx

Oh dear, Jade. I am sure my husband would “concur” about faculty meetings! PH, great idea about the food. On the other hand, maybe it helps people get through them. My husband has never mentioned food, I don’t think they get any!

He does have to go out to dinner tonight with a visiting professor though and I have book club today so no fasting here.

I was really good on Tuesday though and tried and failed to fast yesterday. It never works when I change the day. I had to go grocery shopping, bought crumpets and came home and ate some after buying myself sushi for lunch. I never buy or eat crumpets but the doc as I have mentioned, wanted my husband to stop eating eggs and start eating the logicol margarine more. Seems crazy to me but there you go. And Mrs doesn’t have a sweet tooth here even added honey. What the?

Anyway, tried cooking a tofu stirfry but it turned into more of a curry and either way was a disaster. I will leave it to the restaurants to cook the tofu, I quite enjoy it when it is well done.

PH, I will miss your family by a day. I will be at the international airport on Saturday! I am dreading it though. Long haul and cattle class. Not a happy combination for me, I have a knee that will ache like billy-o. Then after a zillion hours of flying I will end up at a hotel in New York at about 6pm, and try to make myself presentable to meet my son’s serious partner for the first time. First impressions and all!

Fit, hope things are improving although it doesn’t sound like it. I hope the sun is still shining over there!

Hi team, I’m so glad to see the thread still on the go and apologise for being MIA for so long. Fit I too hope you get things sorted with your sisters care. I don’t think thoses people realise what is involved in caring at home for anyone, they knock off at work from a shift and their day is done. I agree speaking to her doctors is a must and possibly they should have a long term solution for her care.
    Jade all meetings offer quick fix junk as a treat ith tea or coffee, I guess they don’t realise people are capable of eating with a fork so a salad is reasonable fare too! Tossed with a bit of tuna and even plastic disposable bowls, plus it would work out cheaper as well as healthier, then finishing off with a fruit bowl? Too easy๐Ÿ˜Š
    PH do take care of your back, it really controls all we do but does put you on a downer too, so enjoy all the 40th involves that you can, but rest up too.

Well my big announcement!!! The reason I have been off the smokes, and now staying at my sons……I have just had a tummy tuck!!! (Tuesday) Ouch!! But with losing the 30+ kilos, it left me with an awful apron, giving skin folds which were apt to ulcerate. It looked awful, as was visible in some of the reunion pics of me, but also felt like a money pouch around my waste fill of gold coins, very heavy and uncomfortable. I think too it was pulling on my back, where I’d had the surgery last year, just on 12 months next week. I only came home from hospital yesterday to a vary caring son. I can’t tolerate the morphine, oh the vomiting involved….with a sore tummy, no good, but seem to be coping well enough with out them. I still have a heap of other meds I’m on, I’m very heavily wrapped in a corset,which makes it difficult to breath at times actually, but I’ll get there๐Ÿ˜‰ And I’ll keep you informed of my progress. I have done a lot of research on this before going ahead, but no amount of exercise would get rid of this lose skin, especially at my age, so this was my only option. It seems radicle but to me it was necessary. They have told me a minimm of 6 weeks to feel back to normal(ish) swelling etc. and want me to stay with Glenn for a month instead of my planned two weeks so I’m close to the hospital. My daughter and the kids are thrilled to have me so close now as they live around the corner a few streets away, and Glenn is quite happy to have me stay. I have my own room here, rather girly, and feel very special. โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’• so it will be a long process of recovery but at the moment sure I have done the right thing….for me anyway. The surgeon would not operate unless the bmi was 25 so they are pretty strict. I hope this is all coming across clearly as I’m still heady and have virtigo be it anisthetic or morphine, but know it will clear before too long.
    I’ll sign off for now, ready for another nap, take care team, you ARE in control of both what you eat and your bodiesโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’— Cuddles xxxxx

CG, go you! Doing what some of us would like to do but aren’t brave enough! I need to lose more weight before I will ever have loose skin there but my arms are looking pretty wrinkly these days and in sunny Qld they don’t often get hidden under clothes!

I hope the recovery goes well. After having 4 caesarians, I remember the pain of laughing, coughing etc.

You are a wise woman so I am sure you thought long and hard and did the research. No doubt you have done the best thing for you! Enjoy being near family, and all the best. xxxx

Thank you Up, I had two caesars (many years ago) and a histromectomy through the same virtical scar, all hellish, but this is horizontal and so much easier. The navel is tender though as they stitch that too. I over researched I think cause it made me more aware of what would happen. But I’m sure the positive thinking helps, AND I can see things I haven’t seen for years๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ฑ hehe, but feeling good, another long path, but all worth it. Xxxx

Doggy, just a quick message of concern, I have been trying to email you but have trouble connecting into Glenn’s optus account. How have you managed with the Tassie floods. Are you affected. Please stay safe, I have been thinking of you but as I said, haven’t been abale to contact you. Fit, I tried you too dear friend and it’s hit and miss for some reason, yet I can post here? Strange ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxx

CG so great to hear that you’ve pulled through so well again aaaand have seen things you haven’t seen for a long while hehe!! Once over the surgery you will be so much more confident. And….don’t go back to the ciggies now that you’ve made that effort. Just keep it going ๐Ÿ™‚ and you’ll never regret it as far as yr health us concerned. Go CG!!!!!
    Well gang we have 1 week left in the Rockies then fly back to SF for 2 more wonder weeks with our family. Then it’s home and time to face the music aka what the scales say! No sifht of 5:2; for 9 weeks by then. Will be tricky for a while but eventually I’ll be back on the horse. Andymy tummy will be saying thank you after all this food. I’ve even had to resort to Gaviscon for heartburn again & haven’t had that since I lost the weight. But furst time to make more precious memories with family ans grandies.
    Hello to everyone from suejen xxxxx

Hi Sue, yeah still trying to stay strong๐Ÿ˜‰ What a fabulous time you are having, and it’s still not over so enjoy every minute as I’m sure you are. I bet you have great results when returning to 5:2 now your system has been on holidays from it too๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—xxxxx

Hi everyone! I’m new on here and just want to congratulate each and everyone of you for a job well done. You’re all an inspiration to me since I just started the 5:2 diet a week ago.

During my two days of fasting, I drink the juice cleanse from http://homejuice.com.au/pages/melbourne-healthy-corporate-catering. I would like to recommend this office catering because they have the best vegan and gluten free salads and juices.

HomeJuice helps me keep track of my calorie intake and make sure I stay healthy, even when I’m at work and have a sedentary lifestyle. The 5:2 fast diet is quite challenging and requires dedication and alot of discipline. But I know I can do this with just the right attitude and nutritious foods from an amazing corporate catering ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all! It’s great to see our mother hen back gathering all her chicks under her wing again (and I don’t mean bingo wing!) He, he, UP….with all this sunshine, I’m afraid my wobbly arms have been on display too, but what the hell! I need to be comfortable in the heat, right?๐Ÿ˜ƒ โ˜€๏ธ
    CG, I’m so thrilled to hear that your op is over and that you are starting to recover. It’s fantastic that you can stay at Glenn’s with Leah so close by with the grandies. You will be well looked after and spoiled rotten, as you deserve. I agree wholeheartedly with SJ too about the smoking. You have done such an amazing job to improve your health by losing 30kg, now keep it going with the no smoking. You’ve done the hardest part. You’re a legend! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘
    UP, I hope your flight is not too uncomfortable. It’s very difficult to look your best coming off a long haul flight but if anyone can do it, you can. Stay well hydrated (not with gin!) on board and use a good concealer under the eyes ……it always works miracles! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Jade, I think a ‘snoredom’ of academics would be appropriate! (Excluding you, of course!๐Ÿ˜‰) I hope you’re feeling better now. We all need a little break from this wol at times but you’re still doing better than before you started it. Keep the faith! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž
    SJ, enjoy the rest of your amazing trip, especially the last two weeks with your family. You will be right back on track in no time when you get home. That’s the beauty of 5:2. There’s no failing or giving up, you just take a break and start again when it suits. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜„
    I’m fasting today and feeling good so far. It’s only just over two weeks until my god daughter’s wedding and I really want to lose another kg or two before then. Wish me luck! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘

Apologies, Bophe, for not welcoming you in my last post. I wish you every success in this way of life. As regards juicing, I believe the thinking is that it is better to eat your calories than to drink them, especially on fast days. However, I also know that we all have to do what works for each of us as individuals. So, if that is more convenient for you, then go ahead.

Wow congrats CG that’s awesome, kicking the smokes and getting a tummy tuck๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜- both of those took some solid steel nerves๐Ÿ’ชGlad all went well, and how lovely to recuperate in the arms of your loving family๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• Sorry to hear you can’t tolerate the morphine, so yes OUCH indeed. Now do NOT go about as usual, follow doc’s orders, no baling hay or roping calves or any of that farmer stuff for a while!

SJ great to hear from you, your photos are magnificent (not just the food ones lol) – and what a great idea to plan more time with the SF grandies. Wave to me as you fly back there, I’ll wear my AD hat so you can see me east of the US Rockies.โ˜บ๏ธ No worries for the scale with all that love to enjoyโ™ฅ๏ธ family is far more important.

Up and Fit, I survived the faculty meeting, both the verbal assault – a Snoredom indeed, Fit! – and the food assault. But later I had the biggest craving for cake!! When I was shopping for dinner, I was ALL OVER that store looking for the perfect pastry. I guess it’s some progress that none of them seemed worth it to me. But ha ha, this isn’t one of those stories that ends with me patting myself on the back as I leave the store with a sackful of organic veggies. I decided that Toblerone and Cadbury were worthy (oh man, aren’t they always!) so my friend and I had a fine time sharing those.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ๐Ÿธ

I think back to basics may be the solution for me. Fasting 2x and then easing up a bit on the other days. Hey Fit I can join you today, let’s do it! I’ll have dinner tonight with D, a girls’ night, but no reason that can’t be light. At least I’ll fast for most of the day regardless, and that’s what has worked for me before. All right then, it’s a deal. See you at the water fountain! ๐Ÿ˜ Hugs everyone, love hearing all the newsโ™ฅ๏ธ jade xxxxx ps oh and welcome bophe – my “juice” of choice is coffeeโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธit’s a good “cleanse” as well, plus cheap and no calories๐Ÿค—. I believe I’ll have another cup now!

Ha, Jade……Toblerone and Cadbury’s, what are we going to be like when we get together? Two of my favourite vices!! Eeeeek! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ We are indeed twins! So back to basics it is. I went out for lunch with my sister and our gorgeous niece, who is home from Sydney for three weeks. But guess what? They ate and I just had coffee! How brilliant is that? It didn’t bother me in the slightest! Who is this person?? Have a lovely girly time tonight and I’m sure you’ll make a very healthy choice to suit your fd. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž

Wow, who is that indeed! How did you resist? What were they serving, steamed toenails? Bottle some of that willpower and send it over here. Oh golly when I saw that Toblerone yesterday, I thought of you! Also remembered loving them way back when I had my first one, actually IN Switzerland. Those little triangles break off so easily! Then my friend and I shared the entire bar of Cadbury, the kind that has about 88 squares๐Ÿ™„ She was just in Ireland, too, what a coincidence – the chocolate virus must be contagious๐Ÿ˜‚

I’m going to work some of it off by cleaning up the clutter here, because the house cleaner is due at 11 – right when I have a conference call with the librarians, gosh how exciting. What do you call a group of those, I wonder! Oh, and btw thanks again for that Japanese clothes rolling tip, I love opening a drawer and seeing everything. Doesn’t really wrinkle as much either. Ha, at least one thing in my life is organized! Hugs twin, stay strong and kick those kgs off๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’•xx

If only I could roll up my own wrinkles as easily! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yes, I’m still getting a thrill out of seeing little neat bundles all in a row whenever I open a drawer….how sad are we! ๐Ÿ˜‚ OMG, Toblerone in Switzerland, I don’t think I’d ever go home! Best of luck with the conference call….with the ‘bookwormery’ of librarians!! Bottle of willpower on its way…….๐ŸŒช๐ŸŒฌ whoosh!, catch! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Got it! Ha, they are rather wormy, and so geeky, but not pompous like some profs, so I like them. ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ›โ˜บ๏ธ Yes, Switzerland was a wonderland of cheese and chocolate and mountains, right the scenery !! was even more gorgeous than the food! It was my introduction to this “mocha” idea too, wow chocolate and coffee my favesโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ But seriously you should get a trophy for today๐Ÿ† – well done! xx

Thanks, twin! I’m looking forward to a warm chicken salad this evening and then we’ll see what the scales has to say in the morning! But whatever it says, I’m still winning because I’m beating my snacking addiction ๐Ÿ’ช, woohoo! Ooh, coffee and chocolate….always loved that combination โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ”, and then glorious scenery as well! You lucky girl! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Great to see so many posts. It is 2am and can’t get back to sleep….so excited…so time for a post. I had a very successful fast day yesterday and lots of rest so,all good on the home front. oH managed to get to Bris safely without doing his shoulder any harm. Starting my majic pills today and so looking forward to some pain free time with the family for the month I am on them. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‘ช. Will at least be eating healthy food as Canadians mostly vegetarian. However will have to celebrate with a ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ..

GG what can I say. WAHOO! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— Well done on taking the steps to make you feel better. I have often wondered what it would be like to get rid of my apron but a long way to go for me. So good to have your lovely Glenn looking after you and the boys. And to have Leah and Tegan so close by will be great for you to have some precious family time as well. Take care of yourself and I concur with The others in saying that now you have kicked the smokes give it your best shot and try to kick them permanently..very hard thing to do but you have such willpower anything is possible for you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

SJ. Lovely to hear from you. How is that pesky leg going? Such great memories you are creating and the last two weeks with family will be so special๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•.

UP I remember well the feeling of arriving after long flights in cattle class., however you always look stunning and so I’m sure you have some tricks up your sleeve to make that good first impression. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ So exciting to meet your sons special person. ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž. You must be looking forward to that and of course your planned travel. Have fun!! And the food we had at our full day meetings came from the hospital coffee shop..privately owned and run…which for some reason had a focus on healthy food, along with its yummy home made decadent slices, cheesecakes, and all the tempting stuff. I really miss their cherry ripe cheesecake…it was to die for..and they had great coffee.

Bophe. Welcome to the thread. I have my daily healthy green drink which I make myself in my vitamix. Full of fresh vegies and some fruit for taste with mint, wheetgrass etc..it does make me feel good and full of fibre. Hopefully detoxes some of my medications which I have to take regularly. good luck with your journey on 5.2.

Fit. You are doing so well..๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡such great willpower going out with friends and just having coffeeโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธHats off to you my friend! ๐Ÿ‘’๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽ“.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—. You are setting a great example for the rest of us..we can do this and even though I am going to enjoy my time with my family and not concentrate on what I normally eat , they eat so much healthy stuff I would not be surprised if I actually lose some weight while they are here. I will still be doing my two fasts,per week if possible.

Jade. Basics are the way to go. I found I had the best success when I kept it simple and uncomplicated. Gets a bit boring at times but works. However with the life you are leading, you probably have never had boring. And you are just so active. My house and studio are just shining โœจโœจafter my wonderful cleaner gave them a good doing over. She stayed for 5 hours and did everything I have not been able to get to. My son takes after my mum and keeps everything clean, neat and tidy so he has a perfect place to start with. I did not work until my youngest went to school and My mum used to come around and baby sit the kids, do the housework etc for two hours each day while I went to a hotel and balanced all the tills and did the banking and the wages. .. It gave us both some pocket money as we split the wage..and she taught them so many good habits that they never forgot.. then they used to go around and help her out when she got older by being a slave for a day for her each birthday, Mother’s Day, Christmas etc. she reinforced those values and was so pleased that they still did things her way. Lucky for that because I hate housework. ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’Don’t know what she did wrong with me!! ..enough of my rambling but…..I always think of mum when the kids are coming home because they were so close to her..she was always just as excited as me to see them and it was the same for them. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•..
    Will try to get some more shut eye now. This has been a great distraction. Thanks for just being you everyone..ain’t life grand!!!๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

What a lovely post, PH, especially in the middle of the night and bleary eyed! The love between grandparents and children is a brilliant thing and it’s always special to see how that love never dies and shines through the next generation. My niece whom I mentioned earlier was just talking about my dad, her grandfather. She is a nurse and had helped to care for him in those very difficult and distressing last days of his life. The way she spoke about him and remembered his ways, was very touching to hear. I hope you got some restful sleep so that you can enjoy every minute with your darlings. It sounds like there will be lots of healthy eating going on but don’t even think about it, just have a ball! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Just have to share my news. My daughter in the UK has just won four awards, their equivalence of in-house Oscars! I’m bursting with pride and have an ache in my jaw from smiling like an idiot! ๐ŸŽญ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh Fit how wonderful ๐Ÿ˜Š You have every right to be bursting with pride. Children give us the greatest pleasures and it’s wonderful to share in their achievements๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ‘โ˜บ๏ธ Congratulate her from me too xxxxxx

Fit. You must be bursting with pride…and so you should be..it is great to see our children get recognition for their amazing talents….four awards..wow!! ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†..I’ll bet there will be some celebrating in the FIT household happening๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ did eventually get back to sleep and on,y just woke up..its almost 9am..only 8 hours to go till I get my cuddles๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Wow the thread is just overflowing with love todayโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Fit I’ll bet you could just shout it from the rooftops!! What a remarkable honor for her, gosh and she hasn’t been at it that long has she? Big congrats to all of you, happy moment to cherishโœจ๐ŸŒŸโœจ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽ‰. I’ll bet you burned up a lot of calories just beaming!
    PH that’s a lovely story about your mum and the kids. So lovely that she taught them to be so responsible, I’ll bet she made it seem like fun, too. Slave for a day sounds like an awesome idea! ๐Ÿ’ช And Fit, your story about your dad is so sweet, what a lovely girl your niece is. It’s so nice when the younger generation takes the time to reminisce with us. We all feel that way about my MIL, OH’s sis posts an occasional photo of her on Facebook and everyone chimes in. Good memories…..

CG are you getting along OK? I worry about you especially without any painkiller. The love of children is amazing but not as good a painkiller as morphine ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two yards mowed here, I’m spending the evening with D and we are just puttering for now. Might go shopping in a bit. Trying not to think about food lol. Hugs and love to you all๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•xxxx

Aw thanks guys! I just wanted to jump through the screen when we were skyping earlier on! Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

Congratulations, Fit!

Ph, thanks for your kind words. Actually, I have had a bit of good news on that front! For the first time ever, I put in a last minute request to try for an upgrade with points and just received confirmation of an an upgrade to premium economy. I am looking forward to more leg room and maybe less toilet queuing. I have never flown premium economy before so am excited but of course realise that it won’t be like business class where you could lie down but I am super grateful anyway!

Well, there will be little talk of diet from me for a while and will be on here less often probably. All the best to everyone! xx

That’s very good news Up, anything that makes the flight a little more comfortable has to help. We’ll miss you here, it seems like we’ve only just got you back five minutes ago! Have a great time with your son and enjoy NewYork ๐ŸŽค …”start spreading the news” ๐Ÿ—ฝ

That’s good news Up, safe trip dear friend, and at least a bit more comfortable for you. Enjoy the meeting with the girlfriend, I bet she is nervous, and have a lovely time with your sonโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•Xxx we will miss you xx

UP. We flew premium economy and with JAL they were the old business class seats where you could lie almost flat. We were stoked and will book that class again. Much cheaper than business class. . The new ones in business class are completely flat. Hope yours are the same..๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜. I guess it depends on the airline. Enjoy!

Hi all!
    PH, you must be on top of the world! Have a wonderful time with your loved ones and stock up on the cuddles ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•
    UP, you’ll be on top of the world too, flying over us all…..safe and comfortable travels to you โœˆ๏ธ
    CG, I hope you’re feeling the improvements every day. Take care and be gentle with yourself. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š
    My weigh in this morning shows a 600g loss, so I’m very happy with that. Have a terrific weekend, y’all!

Way to go, Fit!! Wow that’s a great result from your efforts. No snacking (and no eating lol yesterday at lunch), what a shocking secret to weight loss! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Doing the happy dance for you๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ˜

PH I remember those seats that would fold down – not into anyone else’s lap – soooo nice for long flights. I’m picturing you now having nonstop cuddles with family, enjoy dear oneโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ And Up, you will be traveling in style to New York, well done! I will be there in August, wanna wait for me?? I love New York, hope you have a blast. CG are you still doing OK? Stay away from the smokes๐Ÿ˜Ž

My handyman skills, such as they are, were put to good use at D’s yesterday. Managed to hang blinds that go inside the window casing, didn’t have to use the hammer once! Her new rug came and makes her tiny living room brighter and cheerier. And of course lawn mowing. After all that, I was up for her suggestion of sharing a pizza, and I’m afraid I didn’t skimp! Though I did have a salad so it was balanced. I confess I’m coming off a low-carb rebellion of sorts, so now that I’ve evened the score psychologically ๐Ÿค” I am truly prepared to behave. Just can’t resist trying every shiny new approach to eating. But mostly whole foods, allowing a few detours, suits me best. As soon as I tell myself I can’t eat something, it is the one thing I want๐Ÿ˜ˆ

It’s a happy Friday here, beautiful sunny day, only a few things to do at school but I stayed at D’s so it’s just a couple of miles commute instead of my usual hour. Have a wonderful day all you Aussies!!๐Ÿ”†๐ŸŽ‰โœจ๐Ÿ’•โ˜•๏ธxx

Wow, Jade, you really are a jack of all trades! Well done on hanging those blinds and mowing the lawn ๐Ÿ’ช You will have burned off that pizza in advance! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Just back from visiting my sister. Good god, every time we go in, she’s worse! Today, she could hardly walk, shuffling along with her knees bent like she was 90 years old (she’s 73). We’re meeting her doctor on Tuesday. It will be very interesting to hear what he has to say about her deterioration over the last month.
    My very small church choir are singing at a wedding tomorrow and we’re all feeling a bit anxious because some members have missed practices and we don’t really feel we’re ready. Let’s hope it will ‘be alright on the night’, as they say! ๐Ÿ™

Oh dear, Fit. That is no good. I think being in hospital can affect older people mentally and disorient them and then other things deteriorate. It seems like a common issue, also with any general moving. Not that she is that old but I guess she had issues to start with. I hope things settle down. The idea was to cause everyone less stress, not more!

I am here in the Qantas lounge settling in for my flight. PH, it won’t be that good, definitely won’t be lying down but it will still be light years ahead of economy for the things that matter to me.

It is annoying that you have to wait at the airport for so long before a long flight. 3 hours of basically sitting before you even get on the plane! Anyway, in some ways I like this bit. There is no more thinking to be done. If I have forgotten to do or pack something, there is nothing I can do about it!

Up , Up and Away!

Jade well done. Handy is not my forte at all. My husband says it is just a matter of thinking things through but I think it is more than that.

Morning team, bitterly cold here today, top of 12 expected but it’s not there yet. It’s icy with the wind. Fortunately it’s lovely and warm inside๐Ÿ˜‰
    Fit that is a worry, I wonder why.? She sounds to have dropped her bundle. I wonder if she is copying others or putting on an act for you? Either way it’s not good for you to see her like that. I wonder too if they have changed her meds? Stay strong dear friend, things will work out as they should๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jade what a goer you areโ˜บ๏ธ Who needs to pay a handyman with you around. I bet your D place looks lovely๐Ÿ˜Š And will be bright like her future.
    Have a lovely weekend team, be kind to yourself and treat yourself with respect๐Ÿ˜Š xxxx

Safe trip Up, relax snd enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

UP, have a wonderful flight. It will be so nice to travel in more comfort and arrive more rested and looking beautiful no doubt! Thanks for your kind words, the support and sympathetic listening of everyone here helps me a great deal. Enjoy your globe trotting! ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ›ซ๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, I was wondering the same thing…is my sister mimicking the behaviour of the other patients around her because most of them are older than her and quite frail or feeble. Her meds have been changed so there could be several reasons for her disimprovement. I hope you’re continuing to feel stronger every day. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’•

Hey CG, nice to know youre up and about, hope feeling better? And speaking of Up, safe travels, know exactly what you mean about finally getting to the airport. Fit, prayers and hugs to you, I hope for better news for your sis. Love to all, Im on a laptop, no emojis. xxx

Hi girls, I’m surprisingly well, pain free, but oh this ruddy corset!! It’s like a second skin and less forgiving. I weighed myself, but no different. Assuming a lot is fluid from swelling, plus my son over feeds me. I can’t eat much as my tummy cant extend because of the corset. Oh the things we do to ourselves is the name of vanity!๐Ÿ˜ณ But positive it was right for me and my frame of mind. The corset is giving fabulous support on my back which is wonderful, but doubt I’d make it a full time thing, especially if I want to eat…..and breath! ๐Ÿ˜ฑxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 13,701 through 13,750 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.