Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,501 through 13,550 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi there Jade! I must email you the rainbow photos and perhaps you might be able to post them for me. If you look closely you can see there’s actually a double rainbow. Maybe Gyps will be able to tell me why my old photo appeared instead of the ones I thought I had selected. Loving the image of you and your friends with an attack of the giggles….there’s nothing better to restore the spirits! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I agree that my mental health has been greatly helped by being part of this thread, which is probably more important than anything else.
    So far today we’ve had sunshine, thunder and lightening, heavy rain and hailstones….never a dull moment! Having thought about what I wrote yesterday about our individual triggers and weaknesses, I’m thinking of setting myself a personal challenge to cut out the between meals snacking. You’re already tackling your particular bugbears of grains and sugar and feeling the benefits. Maybe if we each tackled one thing that is hampering our progress, we might get things moving again? What do you think, gals? Anyone want to set themselves a challenge and see what happens?
    Best feet forward for the week ahead! ✊πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ’žπŸ‡

Let’s see if the double rainbow magic happens:
     photo irishrainbow_zpsdpgjmcl5.jpg

Awesome – there it is!!

…and again – second rainbow clearer, to the left:
     photo irishrainbow2_zpsyinu3eof.jpg

Thanks Jade! You’re awesome too! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

We are all so awesomeπŸ’ͺπŸ’•πŸ”†βœ¨πŸŽ‰!
    I like your challenge idea, Fit – nothing’s impossible one step at a time. I read something about the idea of constant snacking interfering with appetite control, i.e. it sort of programs the appetite to expect a constant stoking. I have a healthy skepticism of all these theories, but there could be some truth there. For sure, the massive infusion of “sugar” (corn syrup etc.) into all our food nowadays wreaked havoc on my appetite, and cutting down has made a difference. I’ve only cut down on grains because i can eat them regardless of actual hungerπŸͺ🍩🍰🍞 Seriously, I could eat those emojis right off the screen.

I’ll join you on the no snacking wagon (is there room?? I hope the poor horse isn’t pulling it!) – I think I’ve licked (uh oh, dangerous verb choice🍭🍦) the sugar/grain downsizing, so it would be good to pick a new goal to stop snacking. Let’s do it! πŸ‘xxx

Hop on board Jade, there’s lots of room! So far today, I’ve had breakfast and lunch….nothing in between!! WE CAN DO THIS, BRING IT ON! ✊πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Morning all. Fast day beginning!Looking forward to it!

Am going to try and upload a photo I recently took of a double rainbow. The reason I took it was that I was heading out of the supermarket to the car at Rainbow Beach! It is so named because of coloured sands, not rainbows!

photo IMG_1363_zpsugtilibc.jpg

Brilliant UP…..what a great photo! Hope you had a lovely weekend with your daughter. Best of luck with the fasting! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Hi gang. Love the idea of a challenge….I’m in. Hope the old horse can manage the load. If guess it’s a draft horse by this stageπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰. Just weighed after my successful fast day yesterday, could not wait till Friday this week as I was disappointed with my last weigh…wait for it I am in the 95’s. A wonderful 95.8 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰so hopefully it is downward again from here. we have persevered through thick and thin and now am feeling regenerated with commitment. Today is the beginning of the rest of our lives. And what a great life we all have compared to others in the world. Let’s live it to the full.

Jade. The mental picture I have of giggling oldies made me get the giggles. Just love it. Keep the faith..Ireland here you come!,

Fit. Love the rainbow pictures, stunning Ireland at its best. πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ And also love the idea of a house cooling. What a great idea for closure..something like a wake!! πŸ»πŸΎπŸΎπŸ·πŸΈπŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ«πŸ«.

UP. And of course Good old OZ has double rainbows too. Great pic. Love the Rainbow Beach area. Your recent adventures makes me look forward to us taking the van to Palm Cove next year for WTF. If our old bodies allow.

Gyps. Just loved chapter eleve. Hattie sure is a wise old bird but with a great sense of humour, and has a wise old OH also with a sense of humour..sparks sure must fly when they are togetherπŸ˜˜πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ€—

Talking of OH’s mine just called me to tell me he has breakfast ready! Don’t ya just love it. Gotta go. Off to Brisbane today 4-5 hour drive so best get cracking, have breakfast and pack my bag. Calling in at the Osteo on the way for our monthly massage..heaven. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Oops forgot CG..yes that is what is happening here with the NBN which is why had to move across. It was rolled out in our area quite a while ago but I had great coverage to date…hopefully won’t be too much worse. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi everyone. I’m just popping in to say hello. I wonder if any of you got to watch Michael on ” Trust me I’m a doctor. ” it’s on SBS here in Australia. Last show was about weight loss. As a matter of interest, males get into better fat burning mode if they exercise before eating, while females are better when they exercise after a meal. Trials also done on antioxidant so called health drinks. This showed that they are just a waste of money as the body produces its own antioxidants and does not cope well with extra.
    I’m still not fasting but do feel as though I’m going to have to make the effort to start again soon as I’m defiantly gaining weight again.
    I’ve decided not to join you all on the Facebook site. I may be wrong but just find Facebook too intrusive.
    Cheers for now.
    Doggy.

Ah girls, I am beginning to think the dark side is trying to shut me down!
    Am paying 10 dollars a minute to use data on the tablet so cant be sure whats safe to do , but just cant resist quick checks on you all. Telstra wont answer the phone. So no idea wats happenning with the internet through the adsl to my home set up. No hot spots or the Air thingy to connect the tab to my home data ,of which i have ha!UNLIMITTED! Grrrr.
    It is a pain being out in the sticks, hundreds of klms from any service point.

Anyway, i wish i could upload the next chapters of tanouies tale. Because tho it is rambly, off course and definitely not literary genius, it is bloody near proof we are connecting somewhere in the ‘sighbersphere’ lol…. so laughing at not one, but two of you, fit and up, posting almost graphic pictorial evidence of what i wrote re the “rainbow aura protection of the fairy queen over her reclaimed paradise strip” ha,ha, gad, i did say the internet might shut me down on this ratbag send up of all that is ‘Unholy’ about the climate of this and that….ah, well , i was thinking of anandoning the eejit thing to do, but well, really, fekc the debble debbles on my case, this is WAR!

So i will go put it on a stick and find another upload outlet!

Meanwhile im fasting because i hit 88kgs without it. And the leprechaun s mri is tomorrow. Providing we can get to tville. The north is under flood warning. Its pissing down all over andnot looking good for the planned van trip to palm cove at this point. Cant quite decide if its the apposing powers …ie.. one cutting off my pathway to the peeple, (internet) and the other blocking my escape from fecking writing it (the fairies last ditch stand to save our funny bones),,,as apposed to nothing better to dooo! …..or it might just be i dont wanna know what the mri is probably going to confirm.. .i half hope the road stays closed. Ah, well if i run out of groceries it might help one aspect… thank god the still is shored up. The sugar mill season just started. I may try smoke signals to telstra….oh, no, thats right, its raining, My supply bootlegging is assured tho,….yeah, best i get that elf outa the pantry….. Hope you are making headway with the D s crisis. Jade, I sent ahex to the relevant quarters…hope you are all otherwise well xxgyps

Hi team, what beautiful pics😊 We have had no power since 2-3:00 am..middle of last night on again at 10:00 and no internet since I woke 😑 Trying to get telstra is like getting a direct call through to God! Oh I hate this modern world with things we can’t do with out….that never bloody work! Hay, I’m still positive and happy😊 Smoke signals could be the go Gyps! If the wind dies down and it stops raining……….
    Fasting today is going well (so far) although enough problems to send me to the fridge for the zero and whiskey! But staying strong. Ready to get on board with no more snacking, at least for a week, maybe a treat on the weekend? But carbs are our downfall along with sugar, which is in EVERYTHING😒
    Stay strong team, YOU CAN DO IT, we are in this together and here for each other😳 So BRING IT ON, get those t/shirts on and FEEL the love and team behind youβ˜ΊοΈπŸ’•
    You are as strong as you want to be…..so stay positive….CuddlesπŸ’—πŸ˜Šxxxxx
    I’m posting quickly whilst I have a window πŸ€”

Hi all…gosh, it feels good to say “all” again, it’s so lovely to see so many posts when I log on in the mornings. πŸ‘πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ’š
    So, are we all tackling snacking as our bugbear for the moment? It doesn’t have to be the same challenge for everyone as we are all different. I’ve chosen snacking/grazing because that is definitely a significant area of weakness for me. However, each person can choose their own demon and consign it to the bin! I was inspired by Jade choosing grains and sugar to drastically cut back on and she seems to be winning that battle with style (no surprise there, Jaddai!). If we tackle our bad habits one at a time, we will achieve our goals and have long-lasting, life-changing, healthy habits instead. πŸ‘ Choose your enemy gals, and we’ll fight this challenge with true Aussie determination! πŸ’ͺ✊πŸ’₯😁
    CG, it’s just horrible to be dependent on outside forces because when they don’t work we feel so helpless and cut off. If it suits, maybe go into your local village or nearest town to meet people, do a few errands, have coffee or lunch to shorten the day and put in the time until you’re connected to the universe again. Big hugs (((πŸ’š)))
    Gyps, what have you done to upset the universe?! It looks like many forces are conspiring against you at the moment. I’m sending Tannouie’s spirit and powers to kick some ass on your behalf! πŸŒͺβš‘οΈβ—οΈπŸ’₯ Best of luck to the leprechaun for his mri πŸ‘βœŠπŸ’šπŸ’ž
    Doggy, I saw that first programme of Dr. M as well but somehow missed the rest of the series. He always has something interesting to say and lessons we can all learn. It’s great to hear from you. Jump back on to the fasting wagon, together we’re stronger πŸ’ͺ✊ I’m still wary of fb too, so I haven’t joined yet either. We can be old fogies together! πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•
    PH, brilliant weigh in….woohoo! That’s fantastic! Enjoy your massage, sounds heavenly πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ƒ
    I had my first snack free day yesterday. What I mean by that is not to do with food as such, but the habit of eating between meals, which of course adds up to lots of extra calories over the course of the day, even if the snacks are healthy. So that’s my personal goal….to stop grazing all day on nfds.
    WE CAN DO THIS. BRING IT ON!

Morning Fit πŸŒ…! Well, I didn’t actually start my no-snack pledge till today – so a FD will make it a bit easier☺️ Yesterday I was emotionally hungover I think, and it was a lazy Sunday…so the best I could do was to stay away from the junk. Not that there’s much in the house anymore! OH doesn’t have a sweet tooth, couldn’t care less for cake etc. He does get excited by pie, but then eats one slice and is done, the remaining pie will sit there until hell freezes over. I don’t get itπŸ€”

Yes it’s great to see the thread hoppingπŸ‡πŸ‡ CG I hope your power gets restored quickly! But I like your idea of a liquid fastπŸΈπŸΈπŸ€— Wish I could join in THAT challenge….Dawg, why don’t you join in too? Let’s make it a big old partyπŸŽ‰πŸ˜
    Up- loving the double rainbows!!!🌈🌈- they’re just magical, aren’t theyπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ
    PH- way to go you! Congrats on the downward trend and may it continueπŸ’ͺ – i think I can hear you giggling with happinessπŸ˜‚
    Gyps…thinking of you and sending good vibes for floods, mris, potholes, whatever obstacles you may encounterβœ¨πŸ’«βœ¨β™₯️
    It’s raining again today, how appropriate for a Monday commute – I’m taking the extra pup down to D so she’s not by herself. SFB gets back this week, so who knows, she may adopt 3-4 more. We do that in our family in times of crisis, just go round up a few sad faces at the pound and bring them home. But there’s plenty of love to go around I guess! Happy fasting allπŸ’ͺβ™₯️xxxx

Hey there Jade, staying away from the junk is huge! Well done! I hope your d gets great consolation from the pup and absents herself from SFB, aka Some F**king Boyfriend, when he comes to collect his stuff! It’s mid-afternoon here and I’ve done my Japanese tidying job on my underwear drawers, gone for a walk with the dog and my sister and run the dishwasher! Productive or what? I think a bit of lollygagging is called for! πŸ˜‰ Hope your car has had a chance to dry out! πŸŒ€πŸš—πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Lol SFB is a multi-purpose acronym isn’t it! But dogs make everything betterπŸΆπŸ’• Cats will do in a pinch🐱 but give me a puppy and a soft blanket on any rainy day or dark night.😍 And dog walks are the best!

I had to laugh at your email, Fit, re your own trip planning – we definitely share a sisterly connectionπŸ’š Nothing definite here yet, i think we’re still waiting for life to return to normal. Whatever normal is😜 – but no way am I going to Ireland without meeting you.

This coffee is sure hitting the spot today. How many hours left, 12? Good thing I’m in the big city today, I can pick up some yummy veggies. Maybe look for that double rainbow if it ever stops rianingπŸ‘Yes, I can do this, BRING IT ON. πŸ’ͺβ˜”οΈπŸ†β˜•οΈπŸŒˆxxx

I’m finding my fast a bit harder than usual today because I fasted on Saturday as well and I don’t think I’ll ever be a candidate for alternate day fasting….I’m a wimp! Yes, twin!, we finally decided we’d have to forego the Tour de France because the family wedding and graduation are more important and going to France in between the two events would be just too short a stay to make it worthwhile.
    As for normal…..who wants to be normal?! That’s far too boring! πŸ˜œπŸ€“πŸ˜πŸ™„πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ’ž

Well of COURSE we’re not normal – then we wouldn’t be twins! Gosh you do have a fun summer planned πŸ™‚ no need to watch a bunch of men on bicycles.

Today is lasting 48,000 hours and it’s only 2 p.m.! Raining cats and dogs and dreariness. I’ll have to dodge the raindrops AND the sample ladies at Costco – wish me luck. Good luck toughing it out over there! xxx

Ok, finished on 427 cals….woohoo! It’s only 8pm but I’m full of Aussie determination and know I’ll get over the finishing line without a stumble πŸ˜‡ I’ll be weighing myself in the morning even though it’s not my official day, I just think it should be good enough to keep me sticking to my challenge πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ

Oooh, spooky, twin! We crossed! Good luck with the sample dodging, those ladies are evil! πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΊGrit your teeth and stride right past, Jade….. I know you can do it! ✊πŸ’ͺπŸ’•πŸ’š

Hi ladies, this is my first day of fasting. I’m going to have a black coffee no sugar,I’m going to drink plenty of green tea and have miso soup for lunch. How long do we fast for? Yesterday I ate pass my 2200cal for some reason I crave sugar and I ate 4 biscuits πŸ™ HELP!!! I’m trying to lose weight for my wedding in 7months and 12 days.

Hi Nicole! Delighted to welcome you here. What a great occasion to be looking forward to, I’m sure you’ll be very successful if you stick with this way of life (wol), we don’t call it a diet. You’re allowed to eat 500 calories today in total. Miso soup is a great idea for lunch and black coffee, green tea and lots of water will see you through. Most of us fast on Mondays and Thursdays and weigh in on Fridays, but we all change things about to suit ourselves whenever we need. It’s a very adaptable wol. Biscuits are a big temptation for me so I only buy weight watchers ones to try and limit the damage. Keep posting and asking questions and we’ll all help as much as we can. Best of luck!

Thank you so much! I feel the love on this page and the determination is out of thos world πŸ’žπŸ‘ I’m short at 5.3ft and weighing at 86.5kgs this morning πŸ˜’ I think I need a change and this is the beginning so thank you all for the support! I cannot wait to see change and progress. X

Great attitude, Nicole! Don’t forget to take starting measurements too because sometimes there are changes which don’t show up on the scales. Whereabouts are you from?

Yes I shall. I need to go buy a measuring tap tonight. I’m living in Melbourne. I’ll go redo my scales etc now. How long do people fast for roughly?

Most people fast from after their evening meal of the day before their fast day, eat 500 calories or less on their fast day and then eat normally again from breakfast the day after their fast. For example, after my evening meal on Sunday, I’ve eaten nothing but 500 calories today (Monday) and will start eating normally at breakfast on Tuesday morning. I live in Ireland so I’m a bit out of kilter timewise with my posts, but the principle is the same.

Ok cool. I haven’t eaten since last night last meal was my biscuits 😩 roughly around 10-10.30pm and this morning I had a coffee at 6.20am and a medium size mandarin..does the sleeping period apply to the 12hours of fasting? Or you only fast when your awake?

Well, no-one eats in their sleep (unless you have a very unusual talent! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ) so you will be fasting, but that doesn’t count because it’s no different to any other night.

Hahahaha, I think I would be 3 times the weight if I did that! I read an article (which I’m trying to find) where he included sleep part of fasting because you don’t eat. ☺ So fasting is 12 hours if I’m correct?

As far as I know, your fasting starts from the time you finish your evening meal the day before your fast until you have your breakfast the day after your fast day. The 500 calories are part of the fasting.

Well done, PH!

Fit, are you doing the japanese book tidying thing? I have a friend doing that. It takes 6 months. I am looking forward to reading the book but don’t think I could do the whole thing. My husband and I are going to be going through our house though over the next few months and having a cull!

Gypsy, I must have been so lucky with our trip. It was dry the whole time! Especially as we were 4WD at times!

CG, I think Telstra are having issues in a lot of places at the moment. I also got an email saying it would be out overnight.

Nicole, welcome. My fast yesterday was easy and simple and if you find the first week difficult, persist anyway, it only lasts that long. The secret is to eat protein. Personally, I delay the first food of the day until at least lunch time otherwise I awaken the hungry dragon!
    Yesterday, I had a boiled egg at lunch time. For dinner I had an eye fillet steak and basically lettuce leaves with a bit of balsamic dressing. A bit later I had a dsp of cottage cheese. I drank only coffee with a dash of skim, diet ginger beer and water. I don’t count calories any more but know I was well under. Mine wasn’t the most balanced diet yesterday but it worked for me. The other thing I did when I first started was use the frozen birds eye steamed fish. The calories are exact and you only spend a little time in the kitchen which means less thinking about food! Good luck and stick with it!

Lunch with friends today, hoping to be sensible!

Thank you so much. I’m feeling the pains already and looking at my sons lunch like a hungry dog. 😭😭😭😭 I think support is the best to have while taking a new journey. I would love for it to become my life style and I know I can do it, the first week is the hardest! I can do it πŸ‘ŠπŸ’₯✊

Yes, and it is hard when you have to feed others! But your appetite will lessen.

I recently stayed with someone who literally served herself half as much of dinner as I did. I realised that that is why she is as slim as she is. She lives on an outback station and has always to cook cakes and slices for the working men. She does have a biscuit with a cup of tea at times. But she doesn’t eat too much. I am going to try and take a leaf from her book!

As for my fasting, after yesterday, I still haven’t eaten at 10.30 because I just don’t feel hungry in the morning, even after a fast. But you don’t have to torture yourself. Personally, I wouldn’t do 2 fast days back to back. I think I would start to obsess then. My other advice is to pick days when you are busy so you don’t have time to think too much but not the kind of busyness that involves grocery shopping!

Totally agree with you. That’s why I’m doing Tuesday and Thursday those are my non busy days. I also should snack small portions healthy like almonds and carrots with hummus etc..sounds like a great plan to me. I’m never hungry in the mornings either, I get more hungry 11-12 so I think I’ve got it easy that way. Another thing I’m wanting to put out there is….I crave chocolate or sugar around my menstrual cycle it gets really intense and I notice I bloat and If I was to weigh myself I’ve gained or stay at the same weight until a week after I drop excess weight or water. Will this effect my cycle fasting?

Hi Nicole,

Im a male so cant offer any “female” advice. Just to clarify if you are doing Tue Thurs then your last meal is Monday night fast Tuesday, then eat normally Wednesday, fast Thursday, then eat normally Friday to Monday. A water only fast is better than 500 cal but very few people are able to do this. I don’t think its all that hard but my wife begs to differ. Everyone is different.

The longer you can do this 5:2 diet the better/easier it gets. Your cravings for sugar will also diminish. Try and avoid any sort of sugar or carbs on your fast days. In fact if you can avoid sugar during your non fast days that would be even better. It will make your task easier. Personally Id replace the carrots with celery (there is a reason why carrots are sweet, they contain sugar).

Try and avoid eating too late, all it does is spike your insulin which then takes hours to come down.

Good luck it works. Ive lost 20 kg over the course of 2015 and have been in maintenance mode since about March. 6:1 for me from now on.

How insensitive of me!! I do apologize for that. 😢 there is no way I can do water on it’s own lol I’m such a foody BUT! you never know I might see how I go after a couple of weeks. I’m drinking green tea and only had one black coffee (is there a limit to coffee consumption? ) I’m going to weigh myself next Friday and see how I go. 20kgs is AMAZING! Well done πŸ‘ I can’t wait to work out tomorrow looking forward to the next 7months. Thank you for the advice. 😊

Hi UP! I’m not tackling tidying the whole house, just my clothes storage. I haven’t read the book but I’ve read several internet articles and watched demonstration videos. I’m starting to collect boxes or I might go back to IKEA (any excuse!) for clear boxes to put items into…..but already I can see the difference and I think it’s something I will be able to sustain. Now, all I have to do is convince the hubby! πŸ˜³πŸ˜±β—οΈWell done on your super fast day! Enjoy your lunch too!
    Nicole, cravings come and go but they do become weaker or else you find your tastes and appetites change. Of course, hormonal cycles can throw a spanner in the works but once you recognise that fact, find a way to distract yourself and drink lots of water/green tea and the feeling will pass. There’s no problem with black coffee as far as fasting is concerned but in general too much caffeine is not great for you. I found that small snacks throughout the day made me feel more hungry so now I eat just one meal in the evening. UP and big booty (hi and welcome!) are correct…..fill up on protein and leafy greens but avoid sugar in anything. Unfortunately, some veg and fruit are high in sugar and should be left for non fast days. Stay strong, it does get easier! πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ
    I’m feeling good about not snacking again today. So far, so good! WE CAN DO THIS. BRING IT ON!

Day 2 of the no snacking challenge and I’m feeling good! I know it will make a big difference in helping me to stay below my TDEE and that, in turn, should see some consistent results. How is everyone else getting on with their challenge?
    My amazing mil celebrated her 95th birthday today and her mind is as sharp as ever…..a brilliant lady!
    Does anyone have any good ideas for how to cook spinach? I know it’s really good for us, but it doesn’t set my taste buds on fire!

Good morning/evening team, and weccome to our newbies😊 It’s freezing here in South Gippsland this morning, definately snow in the mountains. We are heading into winter weather now for the next week, with plenty of precious rain☺️ Please support our local farmers in buying branded milk, so many are going under or very close to, dairying is not an easy life but a chosen life style, and most of the farms have been in families for many generations but so many have to be sold due to low milk prices.
    Fit, cooking spinach or silverbeet is a breezeπŸ˜‰ Rinse it under running cold water, shred it, (not too finely) and place in a microwave bowl (with a lid) cook on high for one minute….remove lid and drain excess water, add finely sliced onion and tomato, (pre cooked diced bacon is beautiful too for NFD) salt and pepper, cook on high one more minute…..then top with grated tasty cheese, cover and cook 30 secs, to melt the cheese πŸ˜€ yuummyy! I love it and use a lot, but remember a whole bowl of raw will cook down to a small amount, it goes nowhere. You are doing well with the challenge. Is a mini mars bar after dinner classed as a treat or sweets? Guilty!!😳
    My handyman is coming today, the one who lost his 19 year old son in a car accident, I’m glad to think he is starting to get his life back together but still a difficult time and will be for a long time to come. I have quite a few “husband” jobs which are beyond me….see, I have been listening to you team, so he should be here most of the day. Tomorrow I’m going to “the largest morning team” which is being held all over the country to raise money for cancer😊 So being quite the ladyπŸ‘ and hope to remember to lift the “pinky”😊
    “I tried being normal once…..it was the worst two minutes of my life”πŸ˜³πŸ’—xxxxxx

Mornin’ CG!
    Thanks a million for the spinach recipe….that sounds very tasty, I’ll give it a go and let you know how I get on! πŸ˜‹
    Mini mars bar after dinner, that’s just dessert, isn’t it? I think as long as I’m not constantly snacking between meals then a little treat at the end of dinner is allowed, at least that’s the way I’m working this challenge. πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ
    It’s good that your handyman is doing his best to get on with a ‘normal’ life. What a dreadful tragedy for him and his family. I’m sure he appreciates the distraction of a practical task.
    The morning tea will be a great success, I’m sure….it’s such a good cause and there isn’t a single person these days who hasn’t been affected, directly or indirectly, by cancer. Best of luck keeping up the ladylike image! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜„

Hehe, won’t even wear jeans! I’ll present myself as the lady I am😱 Yes, Phil has his Dad driving him around as he lost his licence drink driving after losing his son. He’s comfortable here too, so it will do him good. I hope you enjoy the recipe, it’s dead easy and quick, in fact I can just have a bowl of it, like that as a lunch 😊 And it’s so good for you, you can also sprinkle cinnamon on it for the extra benefits. Life is full of challenges, and WE CAN DO IT, kick that plateau to the kerb! We challenged ourselves in the beginning of 5:2 and look at the fantastic success we have all had, so we are old hands at it and NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, other than Richard Gere or George Clooney turning up here!πŸ˜‰πŸ’—xxxxx

Hey team, a very late check-in for me today – busy at school plus puttering around D’s, dropping off a few cheery snacks and porch plants and then running minor errands. Did my heart good and I didn’t feel I was hovering as she was at work. 🚁🚫

Right, no snacking…didn’t do so hot today, as all I brought to work was peanuts!! Like a big old 🐘 – what a dummy. Keep forgetting that “planning” P – but proud to say I didn’t attack the vending machine. OH gave me a nice surprise when I got home, he’s taking me out to dinner. Yay, no cooking, because I sure as hell didn’t prepare for that either!

Fit, I’m working hard on the new and improved WTF-Ireland edition. Will have to decide in less than 24 hours! But looking like cozy pub time🍻😍

Up, sounds like you are back with a vengeance! Great job on the FDsπŸ’ͺ And welcome to you Nicole, you’ve already gotten terrific advice, the only thing left is to keep going. It does get a bit easier, especially if you avoid sweets and carbs on the FDs. And if you’re like me, most other days too. But I have a sugar issue, so probably the most un-normal of this bunch.

CG love your quote!! And I too have a lot of husband chores waiting, which are beyond the skill (shhh) of the one I have handy. So I’m in the same boat, looking for a handyman for my house and D’s, both are older and have oh-so-many little defects. That’s houses, not people!πŸ˜‚ Have a good time at the tea, love a great causeβ™₯️β™₯️ Raise that pinkie high!πŸ‘‘πŸ’ͺ

Time to go be wined and dined, it’s no FD here so watch out!!! πŸ–πŸ–πŸŽπŸŽ I’ll submit my confession in the morning πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ˆ xxx

Have a ball, Jade! You sooooo deserve it! πŸ˜‡πŸ’žπŸ’šπŸ’•

Morning all. I was quite good at lunch and only drank mineral water but had a couple of wines last night.

I don’t snack much or have a sweet tooth so that part is easy, but the wine… I am not an alcoholic by a long shot but I do enjoy it. My challenge is to have less. Obviously I don’t drink on fast days but need to pick some other days to skip. Friends coming over tonight, so this won’t be one of them!

Fit, I will have to look for those videos. CG, good to have you back. Very unusual for me to be giving advice instead of you! Jade, I agree. I try and avoid carbs on NFD too!

Well done, UP! Best of luck with your challenge tooπŸ‘πŸ’ͺ If possible, pick a specific goal for example “I’ll just have wine three days per week”. Enjoy the friends coming over….good company is one of life’s great pleasures. I hope you find those videos useful πŸ˜ƒ

Aw Fit, happiest of birthdays to your MIL!!πŸŽ‚πŸ˜ Here’s to her continued good health🍷 – and lol I first read your advice to Up as 3 wines per day. Yep, that’ll work just fine.
    I watched a few of those clothes-folding videos, looks intriguing! I have drawers of shirts about 9 layers deep and never wear anything beyond the second layer. I may have to try this technique.

No true confessions from dinner, all I can say is that the only carbs were in a glassπŸ€”πŸ™„and were quite tasty. Cheers!😍xx

Jade, I can’t believe how many tops I rediscovered and will now be wearing on a more regular basis, the same with socks where I had been wearing the same few pairs near the front of the drawer….it’s been a revelation! Lol, three wines per day would probably not be good for my folding technique! 😜😊

Hi everyone. Just got back from trip to Brisbane for the funeral..UP. Whereabouts do you live in Bris?
    have not started my snacking challenge as I like to snack whilst driving to keep me awake. I had to do all the driving as OH has an upset tendon in his shoulder and can’t left his arm up..so has to rest it for a couple of weeks for the inflammation to go down and hopefully avoid an operation.
    Had a nice visit with SIL and a nice few scotches at night!! So back to a fast day tomorrow and of course the snack challenge.

gyps . Read chapter 12 and loved it. Hope the leprechaun,s MRI was Ning of youπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Not going to reply to everyone individually as too many posts to answer. UP you sound like you are back being good…well done. Fit congratulations on good FD’s. And snackingπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— . A comment on the spinach also. OH just steams ours with chopped red onion , add a salt and pepper and then crumbles some feta cheese through it, this also tastes nice.

Welcome Nicole. What a great incentive to join 5.2. We will encourage you all the way. I started last September with the group the encouragement is great. Fast days were hard in the beginning but the more you do the easier it gets…just hang in there.. As someone said protien is the secret. Hard boiled eggs at the ready and I also used to have some cold chicken on hand when I first started. Miso soup is also a good filler now that it is getting colder. There is a recipe on the Aussie Determination Recipe thread , just type it into the search engine at the top of the 5.2 page. There are also some other Recipies From the group too.
    Keep asking questions and someone will answer you. Good luck😘😘😘

Starting to get a bit cooler here too so have to get the blankets out for the beds.

A great big hug to everyone ..time to get unpacking the car. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Welcome back, PH. You must have been very tired after all the driving etc. It’s lovely to catch up with family but tinged with sadness too. Best of luck with the fasting and snack challenge! πŸ’ͺ I’m already feeling the benefits and now, I’m kicking myself for not coming up with this plan ages ago….duh! πŸ€“πŸ€” I hope your OH’s shoulder heals up soon. It sounds very similar to what my sister had and eventually, she had to have an operation to reattach the tendon to the bone. It was hard going for a while but now, the operation was successful and she is much improved.
    Stay warm and cosy πŸ’žπŸ‘πŸ’š

Viewing 50 posts - 13,501 through 13,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.