Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,451 through 13,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all. Back from the pool and a visit to the doctor, flu shot for the year now done and medication scripts all up to date.

CG. I have just replied to your email. I was so busy last night that I did not check my emails. Have now done that and checked my Facebook. Jade..cannot see a request from you for friend. Looked for you but could not find you as I don’t know your full name. I am under Carmel Everson and have a photo of myself and grandson with beautiful curls on my page.

Now for the promised research.
    SO Far I have definite replies from :
    Gyps
    Gawd
    Fit
    Gayle..CG
    Janeen..GG
    Carmel. PH

Previous interest from
    UP
    SJ
    Lotus
    Jade

So we have 6 locked in with a possibility of 10 and Fits OH & The US legend.

Dates
    Qld school holidays are …24th June to 9th July 2017 and 16th September to 2nd October. I don’t know about the rest of you but I usually try to avoid beach places in school holidays because of the crowds and unavailability of accommodation. Let me know if you don’t think it is an issue.

So taking into account the above my suggested times are

10th to 17th July ..forecast weather 25 to 28 degrees top range.

9th September to 16th September…..forecast weather around 28 degrees.

Possible accommodation is the calypso corner room for all the family..Clifton Beach..Palm Cove…you can fine it on Stayz.
    This has 4 bedroom house and a 2 bedroom separate accommodation for $2965.00 for the week. If you divide that by 6 the. It is $490.00 per room for the week. If only the six of us are going that would be affordable and we could have a room each. Or. If 10 of us are going then 4 of the rooms would need to be shared and the cost would be halved for the room. with any plans there is always someone who can’t make it at the last minute. My suggestion would be to book this accommodation and see how we are going with. Numbers closer to the time…if we need more accommodation then we could look for additional rooms close by. This is a very spacious house that would provide lots of entertainment area for us all to gather. S short walk to the beach and within walking distance to Palm Cove itself.

Would love your feedback on which dates and your thoughts on the accommodation.

Bye for now. pH πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi everyone. Have been having a conversation on Facebook with Gayle and Gyps. It seems like the school holidays are not a problem in Palm Cove and it is better to book from mid week to mid week. So have come up with the suggestion of dates from Wednesday 20th September till Tuesday 26th September. Booking out on the 27th. How do those dates suit everyone?

As for the accommodation. CG and GG would like to stay in a resort in Palm Cove and so am thinking that the house in Clifton Beach would be a bit far away. Another alternative is to find a resort that would be suitable and everyone book their own accommodation at the same resort. Or caravan park nearby depending on finances? What does everyone think of that.?

Hold the thoughts on the dates once again gang. Some more suggestions have come my way so will check out more tomorrow. The only thing we have come to a conclusion is that it be sometime in September at this stage. Night night πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi all!
    Very late posting as my sister and a friend who sing in the choir with us were trying to practise some difficult pieces before the official practice tonight. My OH said it was like a Victorian ladies’ morning around the piano and Jane Austen would be very proud of us! Hold on til I get my corset, gals!
    Since OH and I will be spending a lot just to get to Oz, cheap and cheerful accommodation will suit us fine, whether that’s sharing a house or apartment or whatever. If it’s self catering, he’s a dab hand in the kitchen so no worries there! As long as there are no upsets on the home front, July or September won’t make a difference to us either.
    Ok, I have to start doing the tax returns for my OH….eek, just hate it! πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ‘Ί

Morning Fit! I’ve been over on FB too, you must join in. You just have to sign up, then we can get you hustled over to the herd.
    Hey ladies, there’s an offer you can’t resist, a man who cooks gourmet seafood! Sounds like a dream come true πŸ˜΄πŸ’•
    Sounds like great fun singing around the piano🎹🎧😍 – Oh lace up that corset well if it’s a FD! Ha, your OH has a fine sense of humor as well, doesn’t he. Dishy!β™₯️
    I have another fun meeting at school, then back to my TLC job, which is coming along as well as might be expected. Which, though slow going, is actually going… so hooray for that I guess!
    Off for fun and games at the school – sing well tonight, Fit! Love to all xxxxx

Hey there Jade!
    I’ll look into Facebook again, I think I tried to join before and made a pig’s ear of it! No surprise there, then! πŸ˜‰ I hope your meeting at school is more entertaining than my afternoon doing the books for the tax man…..oh god, there’s a few hours of my life that I’ll never get back! What a pain! Oh well, if it keeps us out of jail, then I suppose it’s worth it. Hang on, though, didn’t they used to send convicts to Australia……hmmm, a free trip to Oz for 2017??? πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Hey that’s creative Fit – could you be a husband and wife team and get OH a free trip too? Remember just petty crimes πŸ‘ And please do check into FB again, it’s not hardπŸ‘πŸ˜ I’m on full time TLC duty so just a quick hug and back I go – xxxx

Hi Jade and Fit. im still posting to the Thread as well as Facebook at this stage. Getting quite frustrated with the move across as the moment, so giving it time to work out but assume that it will all come to be a lot easier when we get some consistency with how to manage conversations. ! I’m with you Jade..just don’t trust Facebook enough to put anything on there of a personal nature I would not like the world to see.

I have decided just to have a break from organising the actual date until everyone has had a chance to answer. Only hearing from you both, CG and GG and Gyps at this stage as SJ, UP and others have not been in the conversations and had indicated they were interested in coming. Staying at the resort for a week is not an option for me as it is far to expensive but there may be more affordable appartments on the strip that would be more manageable budget wise. I will make a call to The Discover Australia people and a travel agent I know to find out more information, share it with the group and then everyone have some choice.

So far so good with the 5.2 effort. Had a good NFD yesterday but did not eat up to my TDEE so will have to improve on that. Today is another fast day so hoping to have a second good one for the week. My focus on 5.2 is still no 1 for me and am determined to give it my best shot in the month ahead.

Fit. Those dreaded tax returns.πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ When we purchased our Lotto/business in the 80’s we needed an accountant! then when we purchased our acreage and were primary producers etc we needed a good accountant. Mesa move I ever made. Even with all my business experience I hated trying to keep up with all possible available deductions etc. Congratulations on you being able to manage your husbands tax return…πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— you sure are a legend.

Jade, you are doing a great job in the TLC department and let’s face it it is the most important job in our lives..πŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Back still not behaving itself so think I will have to give the pool a miss today. Did have a nice gentle hour there yesterday though so don’t feel too Quilty.

A big hi to everyone else. SJ hope your leg is improving and things are still going well with your beautiful family. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§Are you still able to go on your Canadian part of your holiday?

UP. Your holiday must be almost,over now. It certainly sounds like it was a success.

By for now all πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Ps loved the part about getting a free trip to OZ.. Maybe we should book in Tasmania instead as that was where all the convicts went first. That way we could stage a breakout for you!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

PH, we have an accountant for all the important stuff – the tax returns are not really a big deal just boring and anything to do with figures or finance sends me to sleep 😡 Maybe instead of a full week at Palm Cove, four or five days might be more feasible. Just another suggestion. Obviously, if a week is doable further away, then we’ll go along with that. I don’t know enough about the location to be able to comment but the whole area looks amazing.
    Jade, I hope you’re getting some TLC back in return but just in case, here’s a big hug right back at ya! {πŸ’š}

Thanks Fit and PH, I appreciate the hugs! Team effort here so all I could ask forπŸ’•like time lapse photography watching the improvement, but I see it. 😎 Yes indeed PH, love/TLC = the most important job of all. 😍 Hoping your back starts to feel better😘

And poof, the holiday weight is gone. I’ll share my secret: very little food can be consumed when one is watching over another who has no appetite. It’s kinda contagious anyway. 😐

You know, Fit, if you grab a few purses in the UK on your way to France next time, they might ship you over to Georgia USA – just a thoughtπŸ€”πŸ˜„ Seriously, how did you come to hang out with such a bunch of outlaws😜 – sure glad you did!πŸ’š

Back to crime dramas day2 – πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺbring it on. xxxx

Hi everyone,

After talking to Gyps, the Executive convenor, , to whom I am Executive Assistant. This is the idea we feel would work best for the 2017 WTF reunion.

CLAIMING THE DATE,!!!!

Dates….commencing Wednesday 27th September 2017. A BIG BIRTHDAY BASH FOR GYPS On Thursday 28th September., for 5? Or 7? Or whatever suite the individual. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸΉπŸ·πŸΈπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Location .. the Beautiful Palm Cove in North Queensland. 🌴🌴🌴🌞🌞🌞🌴🌴🌴🍀🍀🎣🎣🏊🏻🏊🏻🏊🏻🚣🚣🌺🌾🌴🌴🌴

Accommodation πŸ£πŸ˜β›ΊοΈπŸ©πŸπŸ–πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŒ 
    Everyone to do their own booking of accommodation. That way each person will be able to decide on price, etc. CG and GG are looking into theirs at the moment and when they decide we can have a look at what they have decided share that with everyone on the thread or Facebook ..wherever people are posting.

Love to all πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi all!
    Jade, you must have solved every crime known to man at this stage! How is your bottomless pit of TLC doing? Sending you more hugs to keep it topped up! (πŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ’•)
    PH, thanks to you and Gyps for getting the next WTF show under way. Those dates sound perfect so far and I’m sure the weather will be fab. Hope your back is not suffering from sitting in front of a screen for too long πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ˜ƒ

Hi team, πŸ’•πŸ˜Š cuddles to you Fit, Jade and PH☺️ Time gets away so quickly doesn’t it. I haven’t fasted this week, so just taking a break for a short time, but apart from a few extra carbs, as in spuds with dinner, and a few mini snickers and mars bars with my coffee, I haven’t done too badly. My daughter and the kids are coming down this weekend, and I’m really excited, so it will be decadence at the table to spoil them all😊Including nibbles so will need to fast come Monday. It’s still very fickle weather wise here. Quite cold and wet at times, then the sun comes out with such power, and off comes the jacket or cardigan, and before too long it’s cold again,, typical Autumn here 😊 But good sleeping nights too. I do hope things are going well with you and yours, we are rarely individuals are we, we are products of our surrounds and families, but do need to take time out, just to be us😊 And remember who WE actually are.
    Jade I hope you take time to smell the roses, you have a lot on your plate and Fit, your story is ongoing with your sister and I do hope you get to your house in France soon to see the renovations πŸ˜‰ I think of you both often and hope life runs smoothly for youπŸ’—
    “It takes nothing to join the crowd, it takes everything to stand alone” πŸ’•πŸ˜Š Be your own kind of beautiful. πŸ˜‰πŸ’• xxxxxx

Hi there CG! Good to see you here πŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ’ž Your Autumn sounds a lot like our summer! Beautiful morning here, tee shirt, 3/4 length trousers and sandals on. Now the sky has big black clouds looming and the temperature has dropped a couple of degrees at least. So, do I change my clothes before going to French class or wait and see does it blow over? No wonder my wardrobes and closets are in such a mess with all this chopping and changing! πŸ˜πŸ€”πŸ˜•

Hi ya Fit ☺️ Yes that’s why I dress in layers, I shed through the day and pile the layers back on as it cools down, makes for heaps of washing at the end of the week tooπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•xxxx

Hi all. Sending more hugs to you also Jade. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•. Hope you enjoy crime solving, right up your alley I would say!! Thinking of you.

Thanks Fit, I did most of the research lying on the bed with my iPad so no worries with the computer. However I had my flu shot yesterday and spent the day in bed today with a reaction. Happens every year but just for one day and so know how to deal with it now. Never get the flu after that so worth the day!! So as a result of that did not fast today so will do one tomorrow. How are you going with your eating plan? Hope it is working.

Still not feeling great so a short post. Talk to you tomorrow!

Nice to see you on the thread CG.. Off to the land of nod again….have slept most of the day. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

PH it’s a shame you get such a bad reaction, I know they always get everyone to wait 5-10 minutes after the flu shot where I go, but I’ve never had or seen anyone with a reaction. That’s awful especially getting it every year. But like you say, it’s worth it. I hope tomorrow is brighter for you, cuddlesπŸ˜‰πŸ’•xx

Hi girls, just a quick hello – thanks for topping up the tank, Fit, it’s running smoothlyβ™₯️ And the sun is out, we seem to be having rain then sun, alternate days. So today is a trip into the city for D to hang out with friends. Whee, progress.πŸ’ͺ Don’t worry, I’m so happy just seeing that happen, life does go on and the roses smell pretty good. Whew, especially after seeing all those murders on tv 😱
    PH take care, hate to hear you have the reaction to the flu shot- rest up and let yourself be pampered.X Fit, Facebook awaitsπŸ˜‰ β™₯οΈπŸ’š and I hope to see you…soon. CG have a joyful time with your family.😍😍 I too am taking a 5:2 break but only because I have no idea what I’m eating lately, but it certainly hasn’t been enough to worry about. Hugs and xxxxx – jadeπŸ”†

PH, sorry to hear that the flu jab is such a nuisance for you every time. At least you know it won’t last long and it has to be better than getting the actual flu!
    Jade, glad to hear your D is getting out and about. Her friends will be a great distraction. I hope you get a bit of time for yourself while she is being well looked after. We’re having rain and sun every alternative hour here! I’m on the third variation of my outfit today! Still plucking up the courage to take the leap into fb. I sure do feel like I’m missing out on the party! πŸ’•πŸ’ž

Evening here in the states, Fit you’re πŸ’€ I expect….long day of yard work at D’s house, it just looked so abandoned (the bf’s job). Needed a good mowing and since I drove the pickup to the city, I hauled away a full load of tree and yard debris. Sheesh. I used his mower and mowed over every rock and tree branch in hopes of breaking it. Nope.😑 Lucky I didn’t get a tree branch hurled through my face, I guess. It was a great way to burn off steam but boy am I tired!

Had a nice relaxing dinner of grilled flank steak, sautΓ©ed mushrooms, and smashed potatoes – PH those potatoes really are OH’s fave now, and so easy. Fixed them the other night for D, who swore she wouldn’t like them if the microwave was involved, but they won her over. Can’t remember exactly how you said to make them, but I micro till pretty near done, then smash, then broil for about 5 IN THE REAL OVEN with some butter. Yummy.

I thought about a FD today just for the health benefits but was way too shaky after fasting all day and doing yard work. And maybe there was a little tiny piece of law-breaking before dinner to up the adrenaline. Because I had thought the yard waste recycling center was open Weds nights, but no, and of course I had completely filled OH’s truck with tree limbs and sticks. No way was that going to wait until Saturday. Let’s just say there was a LOT of exercise, pitching them over the locked fence and into the recycling bin. Win win!

Whew it is time for a nice hot shower and a nice soft bed. Hugs to anyone still here -c’mon Fit, I know you can do fb. Then when I get to Ireland, you can talk OH into it too – he is the anti-trender.πŸ’ͺπŸ’š Night night Aussies xxx

Hi all, Jade, what an inspiration you are….mowing lawns, doing your best to but. a few dents in BF,s mower, cleaning up yards, loading the pick-up. Tossing limbs over locked fence!! Wow!! An official legendπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— and did you say you had a fast day at the same time…..double legendπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—And then having the strength to,cook dinner!! You are spot on with the smashed potatoes!! So glad your loving them.

I decided I’d had enough of laying around so got myself up this morning, had a shower and took medication plus some Endone and took myself off to bridge. Played terrible!! But enjoyed it. Then off to the hairdresser for monthly haircut…then off to Spotlight to spend some money….πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’Έalways makes me feel better…home having a short rest and then planning to,get up to the sewing room and see if I can get my old machine set up to do some fixing…tried 3 pairs of jeans on before I found one that did not fall off….so some running in has to happen soon. I still don’t have my old faithful machine back…..big bummer!!,

My memory really must be shot cause I completely forgot that last night was the. I thought meeting of the hall committee….treasurer missing…no financial report.😱😱😱. Now have to get on the phone and call the rest of the committee and fess up that I just completely forgot….oh well. Will set the scene if I do it again I guess!!

Fit. I’m not posting on Facebook at this stage. Still doing this thread regularly for the support of you two beautiful people. I am having my second Faat day today for the week and so will weigh myself tomorrow morning. I’d better have lost some this week!! As I have been very goodπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
    Except for the exercise. I have missed a few due to feeling unwell but will try and make the pool tomorrow again. How are you going with your plan? We can do this you know and need to keep supporting each other. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸπŸŽπŸŠπŸ‰πŸŒ..have had an alcohol free three days so far with tonight another one..feeling almost saintly!!πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡. Anyway bye for now. My rest is over…time to get moving. Know what you mean about changing outfits. I have had three on today myself, change of season does that to us. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi there.
    Jade, not just a legend but a saint! St. Jade……patron saint of FD busting! Pity about the mower resisting your efforts to, ahem, ‘rearrange’ it! How many capes have you got now…..superwife, supermum, supergardener! πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ Just going to get my sunglasses while I’m being dazzled by brillianceπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰
    PH, I’m still grappling with my snacking demon….just can’t seem to get out of the grazing habit on nfds. Also had some rice and bread yesterday which I haven’t done in such a long time. Fasting today and hoping against hope that I’ll see some little loss tomorrow to give me some incentive. Well done on getting out to bridge and tackling the sewing again. Did you say nearly all your jeans are falling off? WOW! πŸ’ͺ I hope your back is improving and that you have a good result on the scales after being so virtuous! πŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    It’s a miserable day here today, very wet and quite chilly….brr! Not very encouraging for a fast day πŸ˜• Oh well, some long overdue housework will keep me occupied…..let me channel my inner St. Jade! Now where did I leave my cape?! πŸŒͺπŸ˜‚

Hi Fit. Alas did not get to the sewing but did get so,e knitting done. Am almost finished knitting a little hoodie for little Ruth so decided to get on with that. Only got the hood to go..am so enjoying it. However MUST get to the sewing tomorrow. I’m off to the pool in the morning at 8am then straight home and then need to get into it. Keeping my fingers crossed for the weigh in. Just had my Jarrah chocolate to finish the day so hopefully will get straight off to sleep, πŸ’€πŸ˜΄πŸ’€πŸ˜΄πŸ’€

Snacking is so hard to curb when you are in the house all day. One of the reasons I went out this morning and stayed out till around 3pm. Nothing close to snack on. You know we can do this.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘…when we put our minds to it…it is just that there are too many things that require our mind sometimes!!,!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™Good luck with your weigh in…talk to you tomorrow. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Gosh it was hard to sleep with the glare of that halo you anointed me with πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž – seriously I needed to work off some negative energy yesterday, so I was more evil than good 😈 – the finale involving the caber tossing was NOT part of the plan, but I really didn’t want OH to see how I’d defiled his new pickup. It was quite a load, higher than the cab until I tied it down. Lol I wasn’t sure how well I tied…so let me also confess that, on the commute home (40 miles) I enjoyed the look of horror on faces of luxury car drivers when they were stuck behind the disheveled old lady hauling a rather unstable mass of tree branches.

But no it wasn’t a FD, I felt too wobbly last night, past tired. But I had to finish the job I started, and then for poor OH who’s been virtually ignored the last few days, I wanted to fix the nice dinner I’d offered before my little crime spree. 😌 All’s well that ends well.

PH I’m glad you felt well enough for the pool again. Sorry but I had to laugh at forgetting the meeting – I have always had a problem forgetting things like that, and it’s just an awful feeling. I forgot a trial once – well, I was sure it was at a certain date/time, no clue why because it was in my calendar correctly, so I went to court with my witnesses only to discover it had happened already. Bugger! Managed to undo it, but how mortifying. Even now, with a phone that reminds me, I can forget if I get busy with something else. Anyway, you’re not alone! πŸ’œ And thanks also for your sweet emailπŸ’• And congrats on the loose jeans!! though I know it’s then a pain to find some that fit just right again – I highly recommend the stretch ones😍

Ah, Fit, the snack demons…it can be so hard if we’re in the house all day, especially our house as the kitchen is on the way to the back door and the pups must go out quite often to help me gardenπŸ˜‰ And with the way my mind works, if I find myself in the kitchen, I think I must be there for food! My lower-grain/carb attempt has helped some, at least I don’t reach for crackers or cookies anymore. I’ve found I cannot do the mindless snacking on non-grain stuff, even fruit. And I’ve felt so much better without all the starch that I have really steered clear most of the time, well there was the other night when D wanted a favorite pasta dish. Anyway, I guess that’s the pointπŸ€”- to cut down on the noshing, it’s not a barrel of laughs without grains but I’m trying to cure a longtime sweets issue🍰🍫🍩. You’d think the I’d be stronger than a pastry if I could get through yesterday, but sometimes it’s a real battleβš”!

Hmm, well my own yard is looking a bit shaggy, so looks like that’s on my chore list for today. Much less work and another sunny day, so why not. I do love the way a manicured yard and garden look😊🌻- Fit I’ll catch you up on the latest by email. Hugsβ™₯οΈπŸ’šπŸ’œjade xxx

Hi Jade and Fit. Well hopped on the scales and had a very slight loss. Now 96.2 but there is quite a lot of nourishment in transit…so thinking it could be around 96 if all was functioning how it should be. Have to get into the senokot…not been drinking enough water I guess …and not doing enough movement. However better down than up so am even more determined now….πŸ˜–πŸ˜– to do better next week. Time is flying by till my Canadian family is home so think I’ll have to realistically set my goal at 95 and holding …….which means that I will,have lost 25kgs since they last saw me….not a bad effort.

Jade can just picture you driving along in your pick-up enjoying the fact that you were shocking the rest of the motoring publicπŸš•..(no emoji for the pick-up or even the iconic Aussie ute….what are the developers thinking!!) and about the memory…I don’t feel so bad now knowing that you forgot a trial!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. I even forgot to phone up yesterday to apologise…well there is always today or tomorrow. No sense rushing these things. You sound energetic with your gardening exploits…hope your lovely D is feeling a bit better πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•.

Fit. Hope you have better luck on the scales than me but if not then there is always next week…..bring it on!!!, Get you gone you snacking demon…..😑😑😑😑

Well time is getting on and have to get into the swimmers and get to the pool. Thanks to you two wonderful people for the continued support. Please tell me if you don’t feel like posting on the thread anymore as I would hate to think you are posting just for me. I can always join another thread for the 5.2 support.

Bye for now πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Just had a thought..πŸ’‘πŸ’‘πŸ’‘..must measure myself today as I have not done so for months….that should give me some inspiration going by how my clothes feel. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Well, Jade and PH, we really are the three musketeers!
    My FD went tits up for all the best reasons! My third sister, whom I don’t get to see very much lately because of her stressful job, arrived for an unexpected visit. We went for lunch with my sister who lives two doors away from me and another friend. Then we went to the cinema. If you haven’t seen Florence Foster Jenkins with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant, you should go and see it….it’s brilliantly funny and the three main actors are just superb! After that, my older d also arrived for a flying visit out of the blue and had dinner with us. And then….my brother and SIL invited us over because my SIL’s sister is going to use our house in France for a few days and we met her to hand over the keys, give directions etc…..so naturally we had to get into the mood with some wine! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ·πŸ· What an unexpectedly, fabulous day!
    Jade, I’m going to be inspired by you and get back on the no carb, or at least good carb, trail! As for snacking, it’s my big downfall (I have lots of smaller ones too!) Hoping for a distraction free fd tomorrow and weigh in on Saturday instead.
    PH, a loss is a loss…..well done. Your family from Canada will be amazed and impressed at your 25kg loss, that is just brilliant! Best of luck with the measuring, I’m sure there will be good changes there too. Enjoy the pool and the crafts! πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ

Hi team, eventually able to post, problems with broardband today and only just on. I lost quite a long post earlier, and was not a lady with my language when I lost it!😑 Fit, snacking is a problem for us all and a hard habit to brake. Evening is the worst for most of us in front of the telly. Or going out for a coffee with friends. We tend to eat with our eyes, and some chocky or cake always looks more appealing than an apple😏 And don’t we love contraband……As much as 5:2 is forgiving, it does have limits as we have found. We have all done a spectacular job with toeing the line for so long, and no reason we can’t continue, but having time out is like any holiday, it does the soul good to breath, unrestricted, refresh, then back to the hard yards with new vigour☺️ WE CAN DO IT right? Of course we can. PH, you have had a very full time too, with getting your daughters home ready for her arrival,then having her back in the fold and of course the body feeling it’s age with aches and pains, so don’t be hard on yourself.
    Jade you too, you never sit still, you have both physical AND mental exhaustion to contend with, so try to ease up when you can.
    We all get so hard on ourselves when plans don’t work out, but we forget to forgive ourselves for being human, and forget all the UNplanned hurdles we have crossedπŸ˜‰
    It all comes down to one day at a time, as with anything new, we start full of gusto, then life interrupts and throws us all the curve balls it can, but we ARE strong, we HAVE conviction, and are full of AUSSIE DETERMINATION☺️ When things settle back to “normal” or mundane, we can again put our efforts back into fasting regularly, keeping track with MFP and weekly weigh ins☺️ Our loyalty to our thread as well as each other and the continued success for each of us with this fabulous WOL will have us back on track before too long. Enjoy the coming weekend team, be good to yourself, treat yourself as you would treat a guest, we know the ease of 5:2, we just need to get our discipline back in action πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸ·xxxxxx

Ha, the tits up FD, sounds awesome! Fit, you were bombarded by invitations, like a game of asteroids! No one could resist all of that fun – hope you enjoyed every second. That movie sounds great, I’m still a sucker for Hugh Grant, ah…Love Actually was a silly thing but I’m a hopeless romantic.

PH I’m happy to chime in here, there, anywhere I can find you. I’ve gotten more support here than I’ve given, but I look forward to keeping it up as long as anyone wants to. Congrats to you on your big success with 5:2, your Canadian family will be astounded and quite pleased for you I know – go you πŸ™‚

Hey there CG! Yes yes yes, the contraband, a/k/a I FOUND SOME CADBURY’S IN MY DESK, which I just did, and given that I survived this week it seemed only fitting to indulge – and not just with my eyes! HA. We all are running around so much these days! I’m looking forward to a day when fasting is the hardest thing on the agenda. But things are much better, there is an actual halo of resilience blinding me today, good progress. Thank you all for the encouragement. And…so much for any FDs this week! That’s OK, I’m just glad I still have my sanity. It’s Friday so time to clear off my desk and get myself to happy hour!!! [picture red wine emojis] Here’s to the sisterhood and big hugs to you all, jade xxxx

Hi there CG and Jade!
    Well another fd went tits up for all the wrong reasons this time. I went in to visit my sister in hospital today. I got there at 11.45am to find her still in bed, not washed or dressed. Dirty clothes were mixed up with clean ones. It looks like her socks have only been changed once all week and she was in the same pyjamas since being admitted this day last week! We had to wait for three hours before seeing her doctor. We spoke about her mental state and he is going to try some new meds and will also have some physical checkups done. But when we spoke about her personal care, the nurse said they were ‘prompting’ my sister but couldn’t force her to do things for herself if she didn’t want! It’s so frustrating trying to point out that she will always resist doing anything for herself and certain things have to be done for her or they just won’t happen. So, I came home and dived into the chocolate….because of course, that will solve everything! GrrrπŸ˜‘πŸ‘ΊπŸ˜

Oh dear Fit…how frustrated you must feel about your sister. 😑😑😑😑I guess that is the difference between hospital and nursing home care. You would think that they would at least change her sox. Does she get dressed every day eventually and sit out of bed? And showered eventually? I’m guessing both you and your sister are very upset but try to remember that it is out of your control at the moment and even though she may not be getting the best care she is in a place where they can monitor changes to her medication etc. remember the serenity prayer? Can’t remember it myself exactly but it goes something like this…

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

I have this on my fridge as a reminder to let go when I get frustrated about OH,s depression. Works wonders. So if you think there is something you can do about her personal care..do it and if not then just know she is being looked after medically and the personal care will not effect her health..and if it does they can fix it…and get on with having some time for yourself while all of this is happening….πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
    On that high horse of mine again but I do feel for youπŸ’žπŸ˜‘πŸ’žπŸ˜‘πŸ˜πŸ˜

Love the bits about the FD,s going tits up. I ofenn have days of planned activity going tits up and a friend of mines favourite saying when she needs a wine is…how about a drink…I’m as dry as a wooden tit.

Jade I think you really deserved to have a great breakout on Friday night…after all that is what Friday nite is for isn’t it??..you did enough exercise, both physically and mentally , during the week to work off a couple of Friday nights! 🍷🍷🍫🍫
    I also had a breakout last night watching our two,favourite teams play rugby league. A great game and we so did enjoy it and a few scotches🍹🍹🍹 and some chocolate covered goji berries….the best kind. 🍫🍫🍫
    Off to our daughters today for our weekly working bee at her place …I’m doing the morning with them and then going to bridge and leaving OH and her to do the heavy stuff for the afternoon.

CG. Nice to hear from you. Our contract for the Internet was due for renewal and have spent the last 2 weeks researching everything about the NBN. So confusing and so eventually found a wonderful young man at JB HiFi who explained everything perfectly and as they are also agents for Telstra he was able to get me sorted with them for just $20 a month more than other quotes I have had and with enough download to cover all of my needs and then some. And a great mobile plan at half the price of the one I have and much more data and calls….so all good…all signed up at $50 a month less than I was paying, more data and calls and everything in place now for the NBN to,come and install. Hope it all works out as he said. I find the young sales people at JB HiFi so wonderfully helpful in the Coffs Harbour store. So patient with me and happy to,answer all of my questions about everything..and boy do I ask a lot of questions.. So had a very successful day.

Well time to get out of bed, tidy up a bit , do my time on the treadmill and off to Daughters for a great day.

Love to all πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi team, Fit how upsetting for you, I know it’s not your intention to see her like that, but hopefully it reinforces her mentality to the doctors and their assessment. I don’t understand where their duty of care is. I wonder if she is checked for pressure areas (bed sores) or any wounds, if her meds are being monitored, are her meals being monitored? Clothes being mixed up could have been something she has done, but it’s no excuse as the staff are the ones in control. Have you see or spoken any other famillies who have loved ones there? I don’t see how even the doctor can allow that to happen. It’s not a game of who can outlast who, she is proving how much in need of care she is. I’d be asking my own doctor where he would have HIS mother if the situation were the same for her. I’m appalled Fit, I really am, did they go into age care just to show how cruel they can be. To let this go on for so long? PH is right of course, take a deep breath, trust they know what they are doing, thing may look worse than they are and just hope things are resolved before too long, when they realise, they need to do for her, and her state of mind πŸ’•
    Jade, your daughter is walking through the door of a brighter future…..good for her, and how lovely of that store owner to put everything on sale, just to help her☺️ The base of most human nature is kindness, but then seeing what Fit is having to contend with, I wonder still! Although they could be following orders, and your shop assistant following his heartπŸ’•
    Very frosty morning, crisp air, but blue sunny skies😊Here this morning
    . My family have postponed their visit, all full of flu/virus issues, and not wanting to bring it into my home, thoughtfully. Poor Brody is covered in a rash, we think from the antibiotics, the doctor has him on a high dose of antihistamine, and had blood tests done. Leah and Tegan still full of the after effects of it, head and chest colds, and now the “man” of the house is coming down with it, and we all know what the “man” flu means😱 He arrived home from wirk with it last night. My daughter phoned last night, very upset with having to cancel, but said she didn’t want to risk me picking it up. They are better at home, being couch potatoes, and hopefully resting.
    “If we saw the size of the blessings coming, we would understand the magnitude of the battle we are fighting”πŸ˜‰β€οΈπŸ’xxxxxx

I am still about but have had a shocker of a month. This is the worst month emotionally for me so I have had a slight gain. When I am away from the house I have no internet connection my mobile phone is not a smart phone. My children also have trouble getting reception here so they use my internet when here. I saw my new little grandson for a couple of days started off here and then we ended up back in Melbourne (4 hrs away). Rushed home for a Mothers Day High tea. (Purchased in advance) Wore an old dress and felt really special. It took about a week to get the sugar out of my system again.
    The following week my Hearkid grandson was back in hospital with high temperature. (No spleen.) Parents were going to contact us through Facebbok. That afternoon lost the internet. Rang helpline said I needed new modem. Got that still no go. Rang helpline again still said it was modem. Rang again and told not their problem. Gave up for the night. The following day rang back and the person told me the whole area was out for a couple of days. Old modem is still working okay but the new one is NBN compatable area going over sometime this year.
    I was at my sons (2hrs away) to pick up some plants that needed to go into the garden quickly to match the others. We had a mini cook up while I was there. Daughter wants me back next week but she has had the flu. Trying to get back to my normal routine with all the distractions of late.

Hi ladies,just hoping this data on my tablet holds out long enough to let some know i am without my home internet 2 days down now nearly.. dont know whats going on. Telstra wont answer the phone just endlesss wait times. So no facebook or wattpad upload or email. Can you let others know by whatever medium you chat on.

I cant spare the data to mstay in the loop here. But looks lkie er hgissinm have cg back, haha, missing her chics, huh. Bloody mess for me, boo hoo, i got nooooo oneee, HAVE TO GO TVILLE ON TUES! WILL BE HAVING SOME CHOICE WORDS TO TELSTRA IN PERSON!!!!!LOVE TO ALL XX GYPS

Wow, what’s up with the Internet over there these days?? PH good for you for latching onto a good plan – GL your experience sounds like the one I have anytime I call customer service for anything. πŸ”« They know they can wear most people down just by being ineffective.

Oh Fit, how frustrating and inhumane, that kind of sloppy care – I do hope it gets sorted. Sounds like they are willing to let a problem get worse, basically treating everyone as though they have the same mental/physical ability and then seeing how that goes. No surprise THAT doesn’t go well. But I’m hoping it’s simply a bad “getting to know you” approach and not that they don’t care at all. CG’s question should be asked of everyone there – how would you like it if it was your loved one…. Hugs and hope to you πŸ’šX
    PH you don’t sit still for long, do you! How funny that we all seem to have had a little worldwide chocolate fest yesterday. I can just see you cheering the team on with a bar in each hand! 🍫🏐🍫😸 I just wish I’d had more of the Cadbury so that I didn’t have to fall back on Hershey’s. Whew that was a thrill ride for my blood sugar by the end of it.

CG so sorry your family time had to be postponed. Sounds like something you wouldn’t want to catch though πŸ€’ and lol the man flu, my OH comes down with anything that’s aroundπŸ˜‚. Plans have certainly gone awry around here, haven’t they – but the serenity prayer is one of my favorites, PH – nothing we can do to change what’s going on, so my recipe for wisdom is to have a big glass of lemonade πŸ‹πŸ‹ with those lemons, perhaps with a shot of vodka thrown in 🍸- My mom would also say “this too shall pass” and she always said it with a wink that made me believe it πŸ˜‰β™₯️✨

Well like an old bloodhound, I’m sniffing you all out wherever I find you – here, fb, or email – need a good Australian shepherd to help out🐢 and ha ha, I have one right here at my feet! I’m grateful that life has slowed down here, the biggest excitement so far today has been retrieving my car from the shop in a nearby town after a brake jobπŸ’°- I seem to be leaking money lately – must pray for serenity again😍 maybe take the pups out to the garden and be grateful the brakes didn’t fail on the highway. πŸ‘ Love to all – jade xxxxx
    ps: Gyps let the elf out of the pantry would you?? I’ll catch up with you in the other venues😍

PH, thanks for your words of wisdom, you are so right. It doesn’t really register with my sister as to whether she has been washed or dressed, she has very little self awareness. So it’s up to her family to see that her dignity is preserved. However, there is no point stressing about it, so I will just note things for now and go into battle later, if necessary. You do a superb job coping with your OH’s depression and I hope you had a lovely day with your d and at bridge πŸ’ͺπŸ’žπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ I’m trying my third fd in a row!! So far, so good and it’s now 4pm…..should be ok if I stay home and don’t answer the phone!
    GL, so many here are having broadband and computer trouble, it’s an ongoing battle to get reliable service that doesn’t cost the earth. I hope that your grandson is better soon and that life settles down for you. Fasting is hard enough at the best of times but when life is in turmoil, it’s almost impossible. Do what you can and don’t let that be an extra stress in your life.
    Gyps, sorry to hear you’re having technology problems too, it’s almost like having an arm cut off at this stage! Hope life is otherwise good to you and the little leprechaun! πŸ‘β˜˜πŸ’š
    CG, I think because it’s a psychiatric hospital, they are more concerned with mental well being rather than personal care. It’s not just for the elderly so they’re probably not experts in age care either. Anyway, I’m taking a step back and they can deal with the fallout themselves of leaving my sister to her own devices. So sorry to hear the family visit has to be put off….it’s a bummer! If you’ve bought the food already, maybe you can invite someone else over to share the goodies! πŸ’•πŸ˜ƒ

Hey Jade, we crossed! My blood sugar probably went off the scale yesterday ⚑️πŸ’₯β—οΈβš οΈ I’m feeling a bit strange today (no comments please!) so I think it’s a combination of a sugar hangover and fasting….bleh! I hope your daughter is continuing her positive frame of mind. How lovely was that shop assistant, it restores one’s faith in humanity. Enjoy the rest of the weekend πŸ·πŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ˜ƒ

Hey there Fit – yep, I think yesterday was one of those times when the universe was settling a bit. I.e. Chocolate Time! I’m glad you’ve pegged the logic in your sister’s care situation, and it does make sense that they are more focused on the mental aspects right now. Glad too that it gives you some breathing room – and time for yourself, whether it’s spent fasting or noshing chocolates, sipping….oops sorry, there you are well on your way to victory, I’ll stop naming potential pitfalls😈πŸ”₯!

I’m smelling all the roses I can today, dearly wish SFB didn’t have to make another appearance in our lives. (Yes, that stands for πŸ’©4πŸ€”.) After yesterday’s little choco- fest, I’m back on the low(er) carb approach and my entire system is happy about that. Especially the less sugar part. I have nothing against grains, really, except that I find them a little too tasty – I’m completely rational around meat, veg, fruit, and nuts. No telling what a psychologist would make of me 😜

Take care, sending you hugs and strength to finish off your day!😍πŸ’ͺπŸ’•πŸŒ™xx

Aw thanks Jade! Big hugs right back at ya! Hopefully I’ll finish my fd without caving in to all those food pitfalls! Isn’t it strange the different triggers and weaknesses we all have? Stay strong πŸ’ͺ I absolutely love your emoji for SFB …..just guffawed out loud when I saw it! Your use of humour to get through life shitstorms is fabulous! Go smell those roses for all you’re worth! πŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

photo IMG-20160411-WA0000_zpscuh5kugv.jpg
    Hope this works! This is what I’m looking at right now……just off to find the pot of gold now!

Well that backfired! I tried to post fabulous photos of a double rainbow here but somehow the same photo that I posted before appeared and I don’t know how. I tried to edit immediately and delete it, but it still came through! 😑 Grrr, how stupid am I? On second thoughts, don’t answer that!

Morning/evening all. A bit overcast today, boy do we need some rain so hoping something will eventuate.

Fit. You certainly are giving it your best shot..trying three days in a row. Hopefully the chocolate temptress 🍫🍫🍫did not get out of the cupboard today….well doneπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— . Good thoughts about your sister, psyche hospitals do run quite differently to the normal one so they are possibly just monitoring her to see what she would normally do without help from family. All part of the diagnostic process I would think. You decision to just let it go is excellent!! My daughter has a saying “will children die because this is happening” and if the answer is no then let it go…..certainly brings everything into perspective. Keep,up the great work with 5,2. Very impressed!!πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ’•

Jade. I just looked up your Facebook page to see a photo of you. Wow!! You,look so fit and fabulous !! And absolutely nothing like I imagined you would look. Now I can see how you managed to do everything you did in the garden at your daughters. Love the idea of lemon, soda water and vodka. It is a go to drink for me in summer as a nice refreshing drink..along with a gin and tonic. Let’s face it I love most spirits πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸΈ. I must have missed the story regarding the store owner and your D but it appears to be a very good one, and so pleased something special was done for her.

The Internet problems here in Australia are sometimes caused because they are rolling out the National Broadband Network that was designed to be this fantastic fibre to the home system for a large percentage of population with Faster satellite service for remote areas. However the present government changed the whole plan and now it is just fibre to the node and then wireless from there to the home. Not what you would call a brilliant plan to improve Internet provision. The original plan was going to be expensive to roll out but would have been brilliant. This new plan was supposed to be cheaper and faster to roll out..unfortunately costs have blown out and cheaper and faster is not always better. I have just had to sign up to this and believe there are quite a few outages in this area. So going backwards in coverage in my situation as far as reliable internet is concerned. That serenity prayer will get a workout over the next few weeks I imagineπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰..

GL. You are having a time of it with family health. You must be so concerned for your little grandson. Hang in there, and just do your best.πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Gyps. How bloody frustrating!! 😑😑😑😑 but a chance to get out and smell the roses!!! Always a bright side..πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

CG. Your family is having their share of health problems as well. πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’The flu is so infectious very sensible of them to postpone their visit. Never mind..you now still have something to look forward to 😘😘

Well best get up and get going..having a day at home today..and fasting!! As we have just heard that a cousin passed away and will need to go to Brisbane on Monday to attend the funeral on Tuesday. So getting my Monday fast in today. Bye for now πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi all. I am not even going to try to read what I have missed, it would take forever! But from the few I have read above, I do hope that everyone’s problems get sorted. Fit, does the worry ever end?

Well, I feel right now that I should fast every day for the next couple of weeks but I know I never could. I have put on a little over the trip. Not as much as I expected but strangely my loose dog walking dress seems to have become decidedly un loose so perhaps it is all around the dreaded middle. πŸ™

My daughter is home for the weekend so no point in me starting until tomorrow. Looking forward to being back in touch with you all for a little while at least.

Hi team, beautiful morning again here on my little patch of paradise☺️ Brisk but warming up, this is typical Autumn, but been hit and miss this year, so many seasons in just a few weeks, rediculous! At least our precious rains have been good, we rely so much on Autumn rains😊
    Lots of posts coming, how wonderful, the thread is beginning to come to life again😊
    GL what a time you are having, stay strong, watching the Childrens Hospital appeal every Easter, they show such fabulous results in childrens medical issues, and are world leaders, so I’m sure your grand son will have a healthy future.πŸ’•
    PH it’s a problem as we age isn’t it, more funerals! Safe travels my friend, and good luck with the fasting☺️
    Gyps, we had no internet Friday, AND we are NBN, in fact one of the first places to be hooked up. It’s bloody stupid, we had internet, and NO mobile service, we now have NBN and STILL no mobile service! Tradies hate coming out because they miss potential calls, fire warnings are sent to mobile phones, HA a lot of good to us!( in the country, and pron to fires), appointments are confirmed via the mobile phone (vet, chiro) and I get them 2/3rds on the way there! Even had cancellations when almost there! We watch doco’s of third world countries and their struggles, and see them all with mobile phones stuck to their ears! It’s time we actually got what we paid for here in Aust!
    Fit, it as my misunderstanding, of course Phsyc hospitals are run differently. It’s never easy watching loved ones looking distressed, but if she is unaware of her state, she is at peace in her mind. Be at peace in your mind darling girl, let’s hope a resolution is in the near futureπŸ€”
    Jade, walkies time, clear the head, enjoy the sunshine, and live life with a smile😊🍷
    Shower time for me, I got into watching Doc Martin whilst having my morning coffee😑 and now lagging behind, but retirement means no clocking on anywhere😊 but still have an inner schedule to keep going. The stage of sitting and watching paint dry hasn’t happened yet for me (as you know) and I hope it doesn’t for years to come.

“Life will teach you something new each day…..just keep lookingπŸ˜‰”πŸ’—xxxxxx

Up, our posts crossed. Lovely to have you back and posting. A few fasts will have you back to where you were☺️ Although in saying that, most of us are finding the zigs easier than the zags of late? Unless we only have liquid fasts, nothing seems to be moving. Our bodies seemed to be getting too used to our “new” WOE. I’m sure things will improve for all of us and know we are still healthier in our foods and life styles than before. The guidelines are to “eat normally” on NFD’s but are we eating enough? Are we eating too little? The trials are still ongoing with us allπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•xxxxx

Hi all,

Jade ..just found the email re your D and the ring purchase ..so nice to see. And that she is getting to accept things and reconnect with friends. Just great πŸ’•πŸ’•

CG. That is just what I did not want to hear about the NBN after having to sign up. 😑

UP. The holidays are always worth it. Just means that we have to get back to being good once again,πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ after D goes home of course. Being good always has to start on a Monday!! Can’t possibly start on the weekend!! . Nice to have you back and looking forward to continuing our 5.2 journey πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘πŸ‘

PH we will all be on NBN before too long as what we have now is being phased out like they did with analogue TV, they make us feel it’s our decission in the beginning, and we get package choices, but told me my whole town will ge NBN as will the country, it’s all just progress we have no say over😏 I think what happens here is teething problems and maybe as they link the rest of the country together? πŸ’•β˜ΊοΈXx

Hi all! How lovely to see so many posts, my world feels right again!
    CG, we’ve had nothing but problems with broadband and mobile phone coverage here too, which is ridiculous in a country the size of Ireland! Ho, hum! Small is not always beautiful! We’ve a beautiful morning here again just like yesterday but then we had torrential downpours on and off for the afternoon and evening…..hence the fabulous rainbows! 🌈
    PH, I’m still channeling the serenity prayer and it is a great blessing to be able to give oneself the permission to let inconsequential things go. I’m pleased that I finally managed a proper fd, my weigh in puts me at 100g up on last week, so no real harm done. Back on the horse with a vengeance on Monday! πŸ‡
    UP! It’s so good to hear from you again. I hope you had a wonderful time and that, overall, the weather was kind to you. It will be lovely to have your d for the weekend to ease you back into being home again. We’ll all be fasting together on Monday, there’s strength in numbers! βœŠπŸ‘πŸ’ͺ
    I’ve a very unusual party to go to next weekend. My friend’s marriage broke up last year and she has now put her house on the market, so she is having a ‘house cooling’ party as a last hurrah before moving out. Bittersweet but hopeful too.
    Best of luck to us all for the week ahead πŸ‘πŸ’žπŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ˜ƒ

Now there’s some good stuff, Fit – let the inconsequential things go…..out with the tide. I’ve sensed a sort of ocean’s ebb and flow lately, and it’s good to remember that life is like that. Same re your storms and rainbowsβ›ˆπŸŒˆπŸ”† sometimes we just have to wait for it.

I’ve never heard of a house cooling, but it’s a lovely idea to gather to support the beginning of a new phase in life. Sisterhood hugs to her {{}} and I hope things are looking better for her.🌈 Oh and HA thanks for the explanation about the picture you posted, I did wonder, as you said it was what you were looking at, so I pictured you drooling over a pair of new shoes!.πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ˜‹ Not like I’ve never done that😍

Up it’s great to see you again, you must have had some great adventures on your trip. I’ve heard tell of people who actually lost weight on vacation, but I think it’s an urban myth, certainly has never been my experience. Gaining less than expected is always a victory. Enjoy the hugs and time with your daughterπŸ’•πŸ·!

CG and PH, you won’t be shocked that we have similar problems in the US. Th service providers make great promises, but they know how to parcel out the actual data so that “unlimited” data is actually quite limited because it bleeps in and out and often takes forever to load. A far sight better than it used to be, though, I guess, so we accept it. It’s why the orange man scares me, as he’s convincing too many that business sense is the world’s salvation. In other words, profit and power, which aren’t bad in themselves, but they aren’t good either. They are means to make money and impose your ideas on others, and easily corruptible if all you care about is winning, and . . . blah blah rant rant.

PH thank you for that compliment – I think we all look pretty darn fine for a bunch of gals on a weightloss thread! Oops, I tell OH it’s a health thread, and I guess that’s really what it is. Mental health, for me! Actually I’m not kidding, I’ve loved the support and encouragement here on every subject imaginable. Oh and yeah the health thing has been a plus, also πŸ˜‰ Especially taming my insatiable sweet toothβ›°(yes, big as a mountain).

Ah, so we forced ourselves to go out last night, with dear friends but just feeling spent, so it was an effort at first. Ended up doing the silly laughing that makes everyone think the table of old folks has lost their minds. Such fun to get the giggles together like thatβ™₯οΈπŸ˜†πŸ· And how grand that we have another sunny day on tap, because the forecast M-F is for rain, and we have our own house to cool, or at least transform.✨ Today is the day we originally were to leave on our trip, so it’s ironic that the weather here is so similar – coolest May we’ve had in a while. Fit, I’m still rubbing my shoes together, it will happen I just know it. πŸ’šβ˜˜ I’m going to jump on the horse beside everyone else tomorrow, oh that poor nag – but I need all the good health I can get for this weekπŸ’ͺπŸ‘’πŸ‡πŸ˜ Tally ho! jade xx

Viewing 50 posts - 13,451 through 13,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.