Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,551 through 9,600 (of 14,786 total)

• Fit all the rain you get sure explains why Ireland looks green in all the photos we see of it. ? yes, safety first, don’t venture out if it’s not necessary, I’m sure most of us could survive for a week without shopping, just living out of our freezer and pantry ? sweet dreams Fit xxxxx

Hi , I worked all week so haven’t really posted or fasted. $ days next week then I am done for months till next winter. I have definitely enjoyed a sleep in!

CG, you always say the right things. You should turn professional!

Morning guys. Fit fasting on a Friday & doing voluntary work was a recipe for disaster! Yes I fasted all day but then I well & truly made up for it with all the food on offer last night & we were encouraged to have a bit of everything as we were working so hard…and here have a drink to join in as well. And of course I did! So let’s write this week off (can’t attempt 3 FD’s in a row that would be just silly!) and work on it next week. The scales say back up to 70. Determined to at least survive the silly season & maintain RATHER than gain…..that’s a big enough challenge for me, but I’d like to stay in the 69’s if I can.

Today is a fairly quiet day & maybe rain late, very cold morning for this time of year at 4.8. Doing some gifty stuff for Christmas gifts – making coriander & orange olives in small jars from our first ever olive crop, & then maybe some good old cookie press biscuits. Does anyone know these sometimes also called forcer biscuits…you can make all different shaped biscuits. Haven’t made them for years but today’s a good day to try as you need a cool day for it to be successful.

Have a great day all and do something you love or be with someone you love or do something for someone else. All things guaranteed to make you happy! suejen XXXX

Hello everyone. Welcome pree. CG I don’t know if you are still having constipation problems but you may remember it’s been an issue with me since starting the 5:2. I’ve found some stuff called Lactulose oral liquid. It has a high sugar content so is very sweet but it works for me. As you would know, you may need to check it out with your Dr first. I personally find Dulcolax gives me bad andominal cramps. I only use ithe Lactulose occasionly due to its sugar load.
    Today I did a bit of clothes sorting out. I still have lots of good quality, nice clothes that don’t fit. I tied them on but have had to put most back in the cupboard with a note to say – don’t try on until you weigh 75 kilos or less. ! It’s a bit disheartening but not devasting. I will get there.
    I’m in the throes of doing my annual Christmas cards. In the past I’ve sent and received so many cards. I’ve now either got lazy or decided to move on. Anyone who is computer literate is getting a Christamas email. One can download Christmas clip Art and the emails can be personalised.
    Thankfully I’d didn’t loose any money with the credit card scam. I contacted Visa when I became suspicious.
    Cheers team and enjoy the weekend.

Wow that should be 65 kilos or less.

Hi team, very hot here now but mowing all done, love getting out there, really feel alive. Lexie is loving her new little paddock and learning to graze ? showered late, after mowing and washing outside walls down…bloody cobwebs…..and tidied my back deck area, so all looks good, clean and tidy. After showering went up to a local nursery and bought $80 worth of show stopper plants for my deck area. Oh, I wore a size 12 skirt and singlet top, felt very swish ? my waist measurements have dropped since my last try, I was wondering way things were falling down ? now I know!
    Up I don’t know why you think that, I have always got teeth marks on my toes from having my foot in my mouth! ? but thank you any way xx
    . Fasting is a choice for us all, if life gets in the way common sense takes over. We all know right from wrong in what we eat as with treats too sj ☺️ but this is our way of life, it’s only as restrictive as you want it to be missing a week or two will not undo, all the work that went before ☺️ so enjoy, be happy and feel positive, life is for living as stated before it’s not a rehearsal so be human not robotic and relish what is on offer ? xxxxxxxxx

Doggy I find “normacol” very good, it’s not harsh, no side effect and works gently ?things have improved in that area, but eating heaps of fruit too as well as olive oil to cook with, imagining a greasy pathway on my insides ☺️ to move things through xxxx
    Hang onto the clothes too, you’ll get there if you are meant to? xx

Happy Saturday night!.Arrived home today from Sydney. Had a super time with my Mum going to the movies….I know some of you have seen the DRESSMAKER and given mixed reviews… We throughly enjoyed it. With the 2 combined production talents of Jocelyn Moorehouse and PJ Hogan it is a winner. Some great acting by Australia’s best. SPECTRA is another action packed 6 packed abs movie to see. I was disappointed with MOCKINGJAY 2… I had to see this as it was the last of the triology . I had taken Dad to see the others , of which he enjoyed. I wanted to stay this extra time with her, Mum , even though has things to do ,she is finding this new part of her life challenging.
    weight is still hovering between 75-74 kgs.I am hoping that with all the work that will be coming up after Monday it will really move it.
    You have all been so busy. Congrats on the loss that so many have achieved.
    Glad to hear that we do not have so many unwell or any proposed surgeries this month.
    I llo forward in being back on the thread more often now that the horrid reception with OPTUS has gone. Now have all our mobile phones and internet with TELSTRA….fingers crossed.
    Enjoy your night………Love GO GAL xxxxxxx

Hi All!
    The storm is still raging here with winds of up to 95 mph and nearly 4 inches of rain overnight! Ireland will soon be blue, not green, because we’ll be totally under water if this keeps up!!
    CG – sounds like you have had a very productive day and you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labours 🙂 Isn’t it just the best feeling to get dressed up in something nice and feel that you look your best…woohoo!!
    UP – you’ve been a very busy bee too, hope you get to put your feet up soon. I’m sure you’ve been working too hard to gain anything and you can get back to 5:2 when life settles down. Take care xx
    SJ – you’re still my hero, so if there’s any justice in the world, you’ll still be in the 69s – you deserve it for all your good deeds. Enjoy making the biscuits but don’t do too much sampling 😉
    Dawg – you’ll be in those clothes very soon, I’m sure, now that you are able to get out and walk more. I have to admit I still get a kick out of sending and receiving cards in the post, but there are some lovely email ones too. So glad you didn’t lose out in the credit card scam; well done on being so perceptive and on the ball!!
    GG – how good to have you back properly; let’s hope Telstra don’t let you down. Delighted to hear you had such a good visit with your mum; life will be different for her now and adapting to a new routine takes time. I must go to see The Dressmaker; I like Kate Winslet. Has anyone seen Brooklyn? I hear the Irish actress Saoirse Ronan is very good. Must make time to go to the movies more often.
    I’m going to a Christmas carol service tomorrow evening (Sunday); it’s our local choral society performing in the beautiful little church where I sing in the choir. The church is the perfect setting; all stone, wood and gorgeous stained glass windows – very pretty, especially when decorated with flowers and candles. It’s always the beginning of Christmas for me.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone. Check in and let us know how you are getting on. C’mon team!! Let’s keep our focus; even if we’re not fasting or we have special events, let’s make healthy choices and remember about portion control. We can still maintain, even if we’re not losing and we can enjoy ourselves too! 🙂 🙂 WE CAN DO THIS, BRING IT ON!!

Good morning team, evening Fit. Fit it’s a good thing you are inside with that type of weather it sounds very dangerous. I often think of the workers who have no choice but to be out in it, taxi drivers etc, milk tankers, so many setvices we take for granted. I’m sure you can find a way to enjoy an inside week end, watching it out the window ? be safe. Xx
    Awful nights sleep, Indy had to spooks up, constantly looking out through the vertical blinds, and barked a few times waking me, eventually had trouble going back off again, last time check was 3:45am then woke at 8:30am so a nanny nap could be well on the cards for me today. (Possibly in the heat of the day) Fasting tomorrow team, so get any preparing done as needed. The fasts could become less as the silly season progresses, but each one is a benefit ? so stick with it. One the other hand I don’t suggest missing out on the festivities either, it’s a joyous time of year and one to be enjoyed ? the heat is still on here so salads will be my choice of meals.
    Doesn’t life pass us by quickly, it doesn’t seem like a whole year since we went through the same thing and all found it difficult getting back into the swing of fasting, especially having so many treats in out own homes ☺️. What have YOU accomplished this year? Do you ever look back, be it with pride or despair? Whatever it is, you made it, it’s almost over and look how far you have come so be proud ? and take any lesson learnt into the new year.
    It’s time I start thinking about making my shortbread, which I give as gifts, plus, my families favourite so they all usually get a batch each now the kids are older (which saves my daughter dealing it out as in the early years) but I usually get into as close to Xmas day as possible ? oh just the smell coming from the oven means Xmas to me. And of course, making the rum balls, which really bought about a conversation last year, remember?? Is that really 12 months ago?
    Enjoy your Sunday team, be kind to yourself, life isn’t all restrictions, so be positive never look back with guilts or regrets, just be glad you had the experience then move on. ? xxxxxxxxxx

Mornin’ CG and all ADers!
    I agree with you about those unfortunates who have to go out in this awful weather. About 3,600 homes were without electricity last night and repair crews have had to go out and try to get them connected again. Several villages and homes were cut off because of floods; it’s so frightening for elderly people. My dog has been very restless and upset all day; I think because of the wind – it’s like Hallowe’en all over again.
    I’ve been thinking about this time last year when I binged so much over Christmas and couldn’t get back on track again. I was in very low spirits. Then you, CG, my guardian angel, came along and answered my first post and now look at me!! So thank you from the bottom of my heart and all the rest of you beautiful people who have shared, supported, encouraged and kicked a** when needed!!
    Wow!! Got a bit emotional and carried away there guys and I haven’t even been drinking!!! 😉 And…Christmas is still three weeks away!!!

Fit that’s not getting carred away, its raw emotion with gratitude and sincerity and it’s beautiful. You have been our flag bearer all year and my thanks go to you for the support, you never fail. Most of us have had an issue or two but we held each other together as true friends do ? I’m so glad we are cyber buddies xxxxxxx

aw Fit – hugs from Scotland, the winds are so bad should reach you quickly!!!!

So am I, CG xxx
    Milena – thanks for the hug, much appreciated. You must be housebound too with that terrible weather but if you’re out and about, take care pal xxx

Hi team. This is my THIRD attempt so hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky. I’m interested to know what type of computers you all use for this site. I use an IPad and often seem to lose my posts. I just seem to tap or touch ” the wrong spot” and my post just disappears. I’m staring to find it very annoying. This does not happen with other Apps I use.
    Fit, Mlena you are certainly copping some bad weather. Keep warm and stay safe. GG it’s good to see you back with us. CG as usual you are an inspiration to us all. You are getting a whole lot done for someone who has recently had surgery. Glad you’ve got those insides well lubricated.
    My daughter and I are just planning our Christmas menu. We’ve never done that traditional English Christmas thing. It’s just too hot for this climate. What we enjoy is a large seafood platter. You know the story – I see food and I eat it. So it’s prawns, calamari, Oysters and various salads. She’s a better cook than I am so we’ll probably have a pavlova with lots of lovely fresh berries.
    OK I’m submitting this before the gremlin leaps out at me again!
    ??????

We’ve just been speaking to our son and his partner. They own a holiday apartment in Lorne. For those who are not familiar with the area this is a popular seaside town on Victoria is great ocean road.

Hi Team a cold wet windy looking day here – the start to our summer has been ridiculous! Nothing predictable at all. I’ve even had to drag out my winter’s dressing gown that I washed & put away in the 2nd cupboard. Now have it on…nothing like being toasty warm looking out at the miserable day. Made my olive gifts yesterday (our first batch of olives from our one tree so pretty special) but didn’t get the biscuits made. Another day.
    Milena & Fit thinking of you in that awful weather. Must be dreadful but guess you’re used to it. We in Oz would find it dreadful as Christmas is always so hot and sunny – often times too hot!! Fit yes CG is a wonderful supporter encourager & she’s kicked my a** a few times too (& I’ve kicked hers back once I think!).
    CG you’re right cyber buddies we are….never thought I’d have any of those! OH says we’re like penpals..guess cbyer buddies is the new version of that. I do look back with pride CG at the 13 kilos that I’ve lost & I know I look & feel so much better. I commented to OH the other night after having a bath about how much easier I’d found it getting OUT of the bath. I was amazed as hadn’t had a bath for quite a while. I do still want/need to lose more but that doesn’t diminish what 5:2 has accomplished for me so far! I almost have a new wardrobe now!!
    GG so glad you had a wonderful time with your mum & are now back to a reliable internet service yeah!
    Doggie don’t despair. I too have some skirts in the cupboard that I’d dearly love to fit back into but no siree. I’ve tried them on so many times but my waist isn’t budging. We’ll get there slowly but surely.
    PH hope you’re having a great time away. Gyps hope things are OK with your leprechaun? Noots how you going?

Enjoy your day all & plan for your fasts coming up. We REALLY need them this time of year to keep us in check, with all the little extras we have. So make sure you’re ready & muster up all your persistence & perseverance to get you though. I’ve gone back to my HB egg for brekky & lunch & my vegemite drink if I need it before dinner. I feel that my fasts were more successful that way. It was working so let’s see what that does. sj XXXX

Well it’s doe it again. Anyhow a dishwasher in a top apartment has had a burst pipe and it’s has flooded about 8 apartments downstairs, theirs included. Ceiling collapsed, carpets ruined. Big headache. So if you have a dishwasher or know someone who has tell them to always turn off the water after use. I’ve done this for years on advice from a plumber. Sometimes the solonoid fails. It’s a nuisance but not In the same league as a flood.

Dawg are you saying your ceiling’s collapsed & your carpets ruined or theirs??? On no really??! Big headache is an understatement Doggie. Boy I reckon I’d be saying more than that!!!!!!!!!!! sj XX

Doggy, I use my ipad mostly, but find the few posts I have lost, my cursor isn’t showing, so take it as a “stuff up” sign and try to re log on. I find too, when I have lost a post, the site reverts back to page one? Golly we are nearly 200 has anyone noticed? Keep onto the powers that be, so many have the same problems and they are very obliging when you contact them ?
    As with Christmas this year, Leah and I decided to ditch the traditional buffet we usually do, mixed hot and cold and go for an Aussie BBQ with prawns, chicken, kebabs of all sorts etc…..a bit more special of course than throwing a snag on and a few salads, then the pudding I guess but your pav is a good idea ? I think this way, we are all on the patio with the” cook” my son in law, and can eat out there with the table all dressed up looking pretty, but very relaxed, after all, we ARE family so really looking forward to this one. And of course, typical of our weather, if it rains or gets cool, their patio is under cover but we can eat inside ? so all bases covered.
    Morning suejen, yes you do notice movement easier, I find just walking to and from my paddocks easier and my breathing less laboured. Like you, still a bit more to go but no hurry, 73.0 this morning and happy with that. I still visualise myself as 100k and have trouble seeing my self in smaller size clothes. I automatically pick up bigger sizes then have that uh uh moment ? lovely feeling isn’t it.
    Enjoy your day team, stay safe wherever you are, we are a team and very close as women…..an’ lovin’ it! Xxxxxxx

Oh Doggy, what a shame AND this time of year! Golly ANY time of year, just hope they are insured? I know Lorne, we used to go down there as teenagers, horse riding on the beach ? just loved it….where did those young years go? Xxxxxx

Afternoon AD’S…….Just back from the shopping…..ready for my new job, so looking forward to starting tomorrow at 6.45am!
    DOGGY- why do these things happen at this time of the year? Hope your son has no problems with tradies to fix the ceiling and replace the carpet before the holidays.
    FIT- hope you enjoyed your carols. Keep safe and warm with those dreaded winds . Cyber hugs will be faster with their help…. but not the damage they are causing.
    MILENA- sending hugs to you.
    SJ- just love your outfits for your grandchildren… YOU ARE SOOOOO TALENTED!
    CG- Those young years are still with us. We see them in our grand children nieces and nephews. We have the greatest pictures in our minds and memories. BESIDES YOU ARE STILL YOUNG and a HOOT to be with!!!!!!
    OH and I are having an early Christmas lunch on the 19th with family and neighbour,14 in all. each couple will bring some interesting platters of salad , cheeses and fruits. And of course the lashings of brandy butter, custard and “THE PUDDING”. My colours this year are silver , blue and white. Brought the white tree with fly buy points from Target.
    There is so much beautiful seafood around at this time of the year . Our lunch will be seafood….oysters from our beautiful Wallis Lake….prawns… side of Atlantic salmon and Morton Bay bugs.
    Have a HAPPY SUNDAY…..AND NEVER A TRUER PHASE SAID….”WE ARE A TEAM AND CLOSE AS ANY FRIENDS CAN BE”…….GO GALXXXXX
    SLEEP WELL FIT XXXXXX

Hi Fit, another day in my life in my jammies!!!! To think I used to drive up to 80,000 miles a year, in all weather’s.

Bright side of Christmas is the snow!!!!!!

I still have snowball fights with the kids on the cul de sac, thought now that they are all grown men and women, it’s becoming harder to ambush them, I used to spend a useful hour building my stack of balls, benefits of a high hedge next to the road!!!

And I still build snowmen, with a different theme each year.

I’m turning into the crazy old woman!!!!

Snow last week and earlier this week, apparently a good chance of snow at Christmas.

Melina it all sounds so picturesque but I can imagine the mess when it starts melting.
    Thinking of you as always GG so stop those doubts and nerves, you will wing it my girl ? they are people needing YOUR help, so what’s new??? ??
    Very over cast, bit of drizzle, still predicting 31 oh what strange weather we have in the south! A bit on the muggy side too which is not surprising…happy Sunday team xxxx

Hi all, for those in colder climes, keep warm and safe. In my part of New South Wales it is a lovely sunny day, just right. Off to my first Christmas Carol concert tonight. BBQ at 5 in the park then singing. I love all the carols, old and new, though I find the ones about snow a bit silly for over here. We have some good Aussie ones now. Will eat carefully tonight, dietitian appointment tomorrow! Love to all, Noots

Hi All!
    So good to see so many posts, team! It definitely lifts the spirits!! The storm has finally passed and the sun is shining – however, I believe there is more heavy rain to come!! Where does it all come from? The variety of weather across Oz is very interesting to read about; and so changeable too for everyone.
    Dawg – oh dear; what a rotten time for your son – I hope it all gets sorted soon and without too much hassle. I use a laptop to log on here and I have only lost one or two posts but it’s very frustrating, especially when you have written a long, newsy post. Our Christmas meal has become a mixture of traditional and new. We have the turkey, ham and all the trimmings but sometimes do garlic potatoes or sweet potatoes. We have recently added a seafood platter as a starter but this year I’m going to do crab cakes. For dessert we have traditional Christmas pudding and trifle but also pavlova because everyone loves it and it is quite light in comparison to all the other courses. Last year we had duck as well as turkey; one of my BILs cooked and brought it.
    SJ – The problem with clothes to suit the weather is a constant issue here too; especially in our supposed ‘summer’ when it can be tropical one day and freezing the next! Congrats on the olives – what a wonderful achievement with your own crop 🙂 Good idea to go back to the tried and tested formula for FD – best of luck! Stay warm and cosy xxxx
    CG – your Christmas sounds fab too and will be extra special this year after all you have gone through 🙂 I hope you are looking back with satisfaction and pride in all you have achieved personally and on this thread; nearly 200 pages and all thanks to you!!!!
    GG – your tree and colour scheme sound lovely; I love dressing the table for Christmas although I stick to traditional red and gold. I keep adding little bits each year; new glasses, ribbons to tie napkins, sparkly plates, coloured candles etc. Have a wonderful day on the 19th and the very best of luck with the new job, you will be brilliant! 🙂 xxxx
    Milena – a day in jammies sounds perfect to me! I spend St. Stephen’s day in my onesie on the couch, eating leftovers, chocolate and watching old movies….perfect!!! I love looking at snow but not having to travel in it…our roads and cars are not made for it! I remember one perfect Christmas Eve, when I was singing at midnight mass and I looked out the window of the church and there were huge snowflakes just starting to drift down as we sang Silent Night….magical!!
    Noots – enjoy the fine weather, the carol concert and best of luck at the dietitian’s.
    Big hello to Gyps, Up, PH, GL, Pree and all my cyber buddies! Enjoy the week ahead, there are lots of special occasions coming up for everyone, let’s make the most of them – life is too short not to! 🙂

Good morning team and good evening Fit ? oh it’s lovely to see so many posting, we have only 8 pages to go before we reach 200….. Do you think we can do that by years end? I do…….
    Warm windy morning here, top of 30 predicted, but with daylight savings, our tops aren’t reached till late arvo, so it’s always a struggle in deciding what to wear. It’s wonderful to be back in shorts or 3/4’s even a summer skirt and to feel comfortable and presentable ☺️ Fasting day team, YOU CAN DO IT, we will be breaking a few rules in the next couple of weeks food wise so your fast is necessary to counteract this. I still don’t think you can undo all your hard work and whatever junk/treats we indulge in, will pass through with no real damage. It takes a long time for weight gain to be permenat as it does with weight loss, so be positive, enjoy the season guilt free. 5:2 is only a part, yes a big part of our lives but certainly not all of it. Playing the numbers game on the scales is only a very small concern, it’s the healthy eating, more over, healthy thinking before we eat that will see us through ? so BRING IT ON we love a challenge don’t we, we have all proved how well we do so nothing is impossible ? As a team we support and encourage each other, not always on topic but definately on life itself, which sets us up for managing our 5:2 because WE ARE NOT ALONE we have each other, all like minded people wanting to see each other succeed ? with AUSSIE DETERMINATION
    Have a happy positive day team, the only difference between a good or bad day is often your attitude….so change it ? xxxxxxxx

Hi all, won’t be fasting or posting much this week. Making gingerbread men with the kids at school today for starters!

My kids grew up in a cooler part of aus so we always had the traditional hot lunch as my husband was used to that and no one in my house thinks salads are special. We will probably have some prawns to start but even though it is hot up here, we will do the hot lunch. But only because I have air con if required!

Lovely post, Fit and SJ, impressed about the olives.

I will be reading, have a good week guys!

Mornin’ CG, UP and everyone!
    The carol service was lovely with some beautiful harmonies to make the traditional songs sound even more special. The audience was encouraged to sing along with the better known ones and then the choir finished off the night by singing the Hallelujah chorus from Handel’s Messiah….absolutely terrific!
    CG – I hope you’re right that we can enjoy a few treats over Christmas without doing too much damage; because I do find it hard to stop once I start! However, this year WILL be different because I am now part of the Aussie Determination team and I will be inspired and empowered to have my treats in moderation, remember my portion control and sneak in the odd fast day or two to keep me on an even keel 🙂 🙂 If not, I know you will all line up to give me a good kick up the a** until I get back on track!!
    UP – have a great time with the children; they have a way of bringing the magic of Christmas to life. I agree that salads don’t feel very Christmassy but it must be hard to cook and eat a hot meal when it’s hot…don’t think I’ll ever have that problem!! 😉
    I have four coffee dates for next week…so far!!!! Going to be hard to fit in the fasting but I’m going to try because this could be the start of a slippery slope otherwise. Wish me luck!!

Hi Fit, carols really make Xmas, the atmosphere is undeniable and always moving ? as far as meals go, just being with family on the special day is lovely. My daughter has the knack of making everything look so appealing and pretty, you can’t but help feel the spirit. I remember having my oven going, pre air con days, in 40 heat but times change. It’s an English tradition having the roasts but there are so many salads that are different to the norm these days, and all the meats as per usual which we all contribute as well as the baked spuds, but I’m looking forward to this year as something different. But like I said, being together on this special day is what counts for me, no matter what we have. So many have picnics at the beach these days too so the AUSSIE Xmas is getting a revamp with the younger generation ☺️
    Fit, stop being so hard on yourself, with fasting on the odd day, you will be maintaining anyway, portion control will be mostly the same as we don’t eat as much as in the “olden” days, it’s just the choices that will be richer I suspect. We all deserve this time of year, we have worked so hard to get this far, so let’s show off the new us and not be guilty of being happy….? xxxxxxxx

Hi fellow ADs. Yes thanks to those who asked. Ian and his partner do have the apartment covered by insurance. It’s a right hassle though as they had arranged to rent it out over Chrismas. That’s all fallen in a heap.
    I’ve just got home after a trying few hours shopping. I sat outside the fishmongers waiting for him to open so I could buy the prawns, eventually got out of the car to see a sign on the door saying he was closed till the 10th. So I’ll have to go back later in the week. We have a plumber here now. Ringt on lunchtime. I’ve been telling hubby that the kitchen taps need new washers. He’s decided that new taps are necessary. It’s a bit of an inconvenience but will be good own it’s fixed.
    Fast day here again. It’s eggs for me until tonight when I’ll have fish and salads. CG we are having weird weather here too. It’s been cold over the past few days. Now it’s warming up again. I’m not packing my winter clothes away this year as it s like tempting fate.
    Cheers all and enjoy the day.

Hi Team Fit would love to hear you singing the Hallelujah Chorus & all your harmonies – bet your choir is great! You’re like me I reckon Fit once I start celebrating the season I usually just let my hair down & go for it. I don’t say no to anything. But this year I’m thinking ahead to the time when in the past I’ve eventually decided to get on the scales & see the 2-3 kg gain. I can do that easy! So………I’m going to fit in my FD’s somehow, stick to the day & avoid the desire to “pig out”, change the day if needed, add in an extra day if I need it, fast on a weekend if all the social stuff has messed up the week!! I simply don’t want to be there again….it’s so disheartening. Now I know that with 5:2 it will come off but my preference is to avoid it.
    Up the olives were a LOT of work but now we have probably enough to last a year maybe & we can sit back & enjoy (we eat them often). I was so glad that they did work or I would never attempt it again! Enjoy your gingerbread making – used to love cooking with the kids in my class.
    CG isn’t it wonderful that you can now feel comfortable and presentable! Luvit!! So right that we are NOT ALONE in our health journeys & that I feel makes all the difference. Enjoy your summer we have winter again today.
    Noots I too just love Christmas Carol events…such a wonderful atmosphere. Hope your dietitian app’t goes very well.
    Milena you crazy old woman building snowmen & having a stack of snowballs ready to hurl at everyone! Your hedge would have come in veerry handy though! LOL
    GG all the best with your new job today. Lots of learning of procedures/protocols etc I guess for day one but sure you’ll love it. You’re such a caring practical person.

Well off to Bunbury to see a skin specialist re my dermatitis or whatever it is that’s driving me crazy. Downside of living in the country you have to travel to see someone. But can do some Christmas shopping for the grandies now that I’ve had a brief email from my daughter. Gotta go. I have my HB eggs ready. Usually I’d be just saying Oh let’s change it to another day but this week I’m sticking with it. I can have my egg & then a long black coffee while OH buys his lunch. I was thinking I used to do that in the beginning so why not now?! Too many other temptations at present. Then a vegemite drink or La Zuppa soup if I need before dinner. Probably will as it’s quite cool & windy today. Team we need our FD’s more than ever now so stick to your guns, use your aussie determination, use your persistence & persevere right through to the end of the day….and finish with a WHOOP YEAH I DID IT!!! kind of feeling & that will make it all worthwhile. suejen XXXX

I know you’re right, CG – being surrounded by family and friends is all that matters. Making the effort to decorate the room and table, dress up, present special dishes, give and receive thoughtful gifts, share memories and laughter all add to the occasion, no matter where we are or what the weather is like. Don’t worry, I will certainly enjoy myself – I’m very good at that!!! 😆

Dawg – so sorry to hear about all the hassle for your son and so close to Christmas too…bummer 🙁 Hope your new taps make a big difference. Best of luck with your FD.
    SJ – I wasn’t singing in the choir myself; I sing in a very small church choir. Our local choral society were doing the singing and used our church as the venue, as it is very beautiful and atmospheric. I think I am exactly like you, SJ, when it comes to treats and I agree that I don’t want to be like I was last year feeling so disappointed and p****d off with myself. So, sensible enjoyment in moderation is what I’m aiming at for this year. WE CAN DO THIS….TOGETHER! Best of luck with the dermatologist xxx

Girls I totally agree, this year WE CAN DO IT, we are well “trained” now, we stuffed up a bit last year and all know how hard it was to get back to basics, so this year, we can enjoy in moderation, still remember to fit in our fast or two, but also ENJOY the season ? and treats that come with it, guilt FREE, with true AUSSIE DETERMINATION xxxxx

Thank you all for you good luck wishes for my new job. Well it was delightful TRUELY 4hrs of house cleaning. Finished at 1130am. I am now feeling aches in places that I have never felt them for awhile. BRING ON TOMORROW!
    Fast day also went well. AT 2pm had a small tub of egg and potato salad. Looking forward to roast chicken and salad for dinner and SLEEP.
    We will all manage 5:2 better next year as we have a better understanding of how to make it work for each of us.
    NEED COFFEE NOW! catch up later……..GO GAL xxxxxx

Hi all,
    My dietitian appointment today went surprisingly well, weight the same as last time, at least not an increase. It will be difficult to lose with all the Christmas festivities coming up. Next appointment not until 25 January so I will have time to have some serious fast days after Christmas. Feeling optimistic. Longing to be under 60 kg, my magic number!

CG – I firmly believe that we have all learned so much about ourselves and what works for us foodwise during this past year that we will be able to enjoy all the festivities of the season without derailing ourselves. We also know that if we stuff up, it’s not the end of the road and that we can get back on track with a few good fasts; so all is not lost. Keeping in touch here will definitely give me the incentive to eat mindfully and not stray to far from the 5:2 path!!
    GG – you know those aches and pains are a good sign!! Congrats on a great start to your new job and well done on the FD! 🙂 Hope you enjoyed your well-earned coffee!
    Noots – maintaining weight is good and glad to hear your appointment went well. Hold on to that optimism….it will be a good weapon for the next few weeks!!
    I was supposed to be fasting today but my sister invited me to go shopping with her and of course, we went for a coffee. However, I am proud to say I just had a scone and I have eaten nothing else so far today and will have light chicken and veg dinner later on this evening – so feeling good about how I have rescued a semi-fast out of what could have been a disaster. WE CAN DO THIS!!

SJ – just reading back over your last post which I must have read in too much of a hurry; did you say you got an email from your daughter? Does this mean she is beginning to open the channels of communication? I hope things are looking up with that situation. Did you get any answers to your skin problem…it’s so annoying. Take care xxxx

Good morning team, and good evening Fit, you did really well Fit doen’t sound too much of a semi so thumbs up on your will control. One scone and a coffee, well done? is the weather system passing you now? Our news has shown the floods in England, it’s so sad, weather seems to be so very extreme over the last few years. Maybe it has always happened and we are just more aware because of TV reporting it now. With the world topic of climate change we just get to see more. Stay safe my friend ?
    Suejen, as Fit said, the email from your daughter……please don’t let her pull anymore strings. You don’t need the emotional blackmail or the doubts and depression which goes with it. I’m sure past lessons have left you weary of what can happen so be strong but cautious too. ? It would be lovely if you were allowed to see your GK’s or at least communicate with them, but she has played that card before with you….my thoughts are with you dear one xx
    31 and thunder storms predicted today, quite muggy now at 7:00am already. I have a girl coming to groom my boys today, it should be interesting. She has branched out on her own from the original salon I take my boys (some problems with the owner) so giving her a go. It should work out cheaper for me and she does love my boys. She will use my laundry as I used too, but is investing in a trailer all set up with a bath etc but at leadt she can still do them for me. I’m not silly enough to tempt fate by lifting them again and doing back damage…..no more op’s for me, I’ve had my share so have stopped thinking of myself as a “warfie” and treat myself with a bit of respect ?
    I hope your fast went well yesterday team, another notch on the belt, be positive in your choices and attitude team, it all makes for a happy day ? xxxxxxx

Hi there CG! Just a brief lull in the storm but more rain and wind to come as well as a drop in temperature…brrr!! In the UK they have had the highest rainfall for 24 hours ever recorded!! There have been lots of homes and businesses flooded in the west of Ireland; such a terrible time for all those affected and especially so close to Christmas. Thankfully, I live near to the east coast so probably got off the lightest. That’s great that your boys will get a ‘makeover’….I’m sure they will love it and feel much more comfortable in the muggy weather. I have TWO coffee dates tomorrow!!!! So I’m going to need lots of restraint and a really strict fast on Wednesday – I have another coffee date on Thursday and then afternoon tea at a posh hotel in Dublin on Saturday!!!!

Hey gals – just thought you’d like this little snippet I saw in a gift shop today: It’s not how old you grow, it’s how you grow old!! 😆

Love it Fit, and you really are only as old as you feel, (mentally not physically) age is only a number, so true xx?

Hi all, talk about a sociable time! Christmas lunch with my patchwork group yesterday, afternoon tea with girlfriends today, my FD, so I will have to be strong, morning tea with church ladies tomorrow. No fasting so I can afford to have a small treat then. Felt irritable this morning as I went shopping with the OH cos I can’t drive yet and left home without my usual cup of coffee after a poor night’s sleep. He bore it well, whisks me round the supermarket and back home in less than an hour. I usually enjoy wandering around but he hates shopping. Hoping to drive myself next week as it’s only local. Hope all your Christmas preparations are going well. Humid here today, poor TV reception last night but no storm sadly. We need the rain.

A very BIG HI to everyone – back from the land of living without my iPad. Forgot to pack it for my trip. Boy did I miss it. I have just read through all of your posts. So much great news. I cannot possibly answer everything so just going forward from here.

HUGH JACKMAN. Was BRILLIANT!!! ??? Such a great showman. Took us through the journey of time from Fred Astaire(his childhood idol) to Les Miserables and everything in between . ?? Dancing, tap dancing, singing up a storm, Singing in the Rain, Peter Allen and I still call Auatralia Home with the Qantas Kids Choir, and full orchestra and the whole audience waving their phone flashlights to replicate the stars in the outback..and an Australian Flag passed over the heads of all the people on the floor section. Spectacular!, . What an absolutely fabulous time my SIL and I had. I’ll remember it always. He also had a section where he sang with aboriginal singers and elders singing in their own language with didgeridoo’s playing. He spent some time in his teenage years working at an aboriginal community near Katherine and loved it and when he was making the film Australia he did not go back to the town to stay but camped in his caravan in the desert where they were shooting with his son and slept under the stars. Such a fair dinkum Aussie, and OH so Cute!???

Still singing these songs in my head.???..now to get back down to earth. I have not done a fast since we left on Friday morning. Lots of coffees and treats but hopefully not too bad. I will have to make up for it with a fast tomorrow and then maybe another one either Friday or on the weekend.

Picked up my Prawns from the Fishermans Co-op at Yamba this morning fresh off the boat so have frozen them for Christmas Day/Boxing day. Nice medium size Kings at a good price. Price goes through the roof just before Christmas. Had to sample a couple for lunch before I put them in the freezer. Quality control is so important….??

Having a rest now after all the travelling over the past few days my back is telling me to slow up. ??the price I pay for a lot of driving. But it was sooooooo worth it. A couple of days looking after myself and I will be as good as new and ready to face all of the festivities. No travelling for us this Christmas which will be a first for some years. Really looking forward to everyone coming to me for a change.

The gist of the last posts from everyone seems to be that we can still enjoy Christmas and all the special things on offer and still not go overboard….That I understand because I just can’t eat as much as I used to. Or drink for that matter. it is amazing how fast habits change. Always think twice before I put nibbles out now and cut cheese very thin instead of in chunks. So limiting the amount of treats should be possible whilst still enjoying everything on offer. I am with you all..we can do this..xxxPh

Such sad news for this time of year Fit, so distressing and so many people who simply can’t afford insurance, what an awful future ahead. Still, I’m so glad you are safe xx
    Noots you are doing so well, as is your OH ? and having your independence back soon will make a lot of difference for you. I was 6 weeks after my back surgery before I could drive so relied on home care to do my shopping (saved me a fortune!) no impulse buying, but you do forget things too……so you are doing really well. Getting the confidence back was strange first time behind the wheel too. Enjoy the social activities too ?
    PH great to see you back, I missed your posts. What a grand time you sound to have had ? and your social life is in full swing too. My groomer is still here, making tuna salad sandwiches for our lunch on grain bread soon, been lovely to have her here, so this will be regular every 6 weeks. My boys are so less stressed being groomed at home too ☺️ plus it’s cheaper for me as no overhead is involved. In fact she is buying my new “dog” blow dryer which I had for when I used to do the grooming for my boys. But I will not lift them now so need to pay for them to be done, and I am particular with their cleanliness being house dogs! So another win-win for us both ?
    Have a lovely day, sweat pouring off me in this humidity, changed outfits twice, aircon on now with storms and a change expected later, lets hope there is heaps of rain to accompany it ? we still need it. Xxxxx

Hi Folks. PH sounds like you had a ball & just what I would expect of Hugh Jackman – wonderful! Your WTF payment has all gone through fine this time PH so no worries. We’re all set!
    Noots don’t know how you can do a girls morning tea AND a FD together – you must be very strong! Hope you can drive soon.
    Fit you really do have a whirl of a social life! Good on you. Just stay strong on your FD’s to counteract it all.
    Fit/CG yes had an email. Yes can send presents to kids & will do so. Yes being extremely cautious as she is still wanting to control all the shots & deny any responsibility. They are seeing a psych & a meeting will occur sometime next year…long time away I expect. May end up being just a relationship with the GK’s if I can arrange that.
    Fit saw the dermatologist & came out $200 later still none the wiser! A new cream to try – better work!!
    GG so glad your first day went so well & that you ENJOYED house cleaning!! A pleasure to do it for someone who really needs it eh?

FD went well yesterday & managed to stick with my HB egg & OH was good & gobbled up his lunch before he got back to the car. Happy that I stuck with the day & succeeded. Today finish off more biscuits – others in the freezer ready to ice/decorate. In the freezer is safer with me around too!! Then my gifts will be all good to go for neighbours & friends. suejen XXXX

Hello everyone. Fit so sad about the awful weather. When are we going to wake up and realise that global warming isn’t going to happen, it is happening NOW. It isn’t only the low lying island nations that are being affected, we all are. Talking of weather , it’s more like tropical Queensland here today than little Tasmania. It’s hot and very humid and it’s started to rain. Possible thunderstorms predicted. I love to watch the lightening over the sea at night but scared of it staring fires on land.
    I’ve a bother in Victoria who has bowel cancer. He’s just had a turn for the worse and has been admitted to hospital as his BP was very low. They are doing more tests on him today. The prognosis is not good. It’s sad in more ways than one. He’s a clever good looking bloke who has made a stuff up fo his life. Divorced twice, drinks to excess and now lives alone in his old age. He has one sister( me) in Tassie, the other in South Afrca, only one son from his fist marriage lives close by. Others scattered around the world and Australia. What a waste.
    I’m not a church goer but when I used to go I did enjoy Christmas carols. I’ve about done my Christmas shopping now thanks to Online Shopping and PayPal.
    OK I must go and see what I’m going to cook for dinner tonight. Apologies to those who call it tea. To me tea is a beverage.
    Cheers all and woof woof.

Doggy it’s sad to see a life being wasted, but unfortunately we can’t live the life of others. I am twice divorced and sure others looked on as it being a mistake but fortunately, with strength of mind and will power, came out the other end very happy, but that’s not always possible for others. It’s family who hurt as you are. Thoughts are with you xxx The love of family is so very precious and the closeness of my children means I must have done something right ☺️ I do hope your brother finds peace in his final days and you know he is comfortable. How do we turn concern and worry into not being a lecture? Especially with our kids, we know better than them, most of the time, but they have to live their life, with all the pitt falls. We can only instil early principles and hope it holds them through their adult decisions ?
    Think positive and enjoy the day xxxxxx

Hi All!
    Poor Noots – heading out without your morning coffee; if I did that I think I’d have to be locked up!! 😉 Still, your OH is playing a blinder and you’ll be back behind the wheel in no time. Enjoy all the socialising and well done on your restraint!! I have two coffee outings today; one in the morning at the home of one of the ladies in my choir and the other in the afternoon when my sister and I will treat my other sister’s two home helps and give them a little Christmas gift – they are so good to her and we really appreciate how much they care for her.
    Hey there, PH!! So good to have you back, we’ve missed you! I’m so jealous hearing about Hugh Jackman, he’s a real dish!! 😉 Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm – oh sorry, just drifted off into a little fantasy there!!!!!!!!
    CG – you’re right about storm damage and insurance. The worst thing is that most of those affected this time around were also badly hit a few years ago and since then have been unable to get insurance; no company will take them on and of course, they can’t sell their houses/businesses either – it’s a dreadful situation. How lovely to hear how well things have worked out getting your boys groomed at home; a brilliant solution. You are the soul of practicality and always find a way to get things done to suit your needs and help other too – fantastic!! I can’t imagine anyone saying your life has been wasted – to me, it is full of richness in all the right ways and the world (my world too) is a better place with you in it xxxx
    SJ – ouch!! $200!! I completely sympathise with you – the amount of creams and lotions to be tried is endless and often not the answer anyway as they address the symptoms and not the cause. I hope you get better soon. (( )) Well done on your FD too – mine was a semi-fast and not so good but I’m keeping a close eye on things and if I maintain this week with all the treats, I’ll be doing really well. Take care, dear friend with the daughter situation. Having contact with the grandies will be a real win and possibly the best outcome for the moment until your D is in a better place herself. Xxxx
    Dawg – yes, global warming is a fact but too many people are just not accepting it. I fear that it will be too late before they do. So sorry to hear about your brother; it’s such a shame to see the potential for a fulfilled life not coming to fruition. But all you can do is support him in whatever way you can and have no regrets. Hugs to you (((( ))))
    OK – better get some chores done before I head off for the first of my outings today…it’s a tough life, but someone’s got to do it!!!!! 🙂 🙂
    Big hello to Up, Gyps, GG, Milena, (hope you safe form the storms) and all the gang!

Viewing 50 posts - 9,551 through 9,600 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.