Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,251 through 9,300 (of 14,786 total)

• Buggar, just lost my post! I was thanking you Doggy for your concern. I’ll be fine, I wont be silly, I’ll follow orders as I did with my spine, too much relies on me staying well ? Homecare comes weekly and feeding the boys and Maggie is easy enough. It’s only 2 litres of milk twice daily for Lexie, so I should be fine. All else can wait for two weeks ☺️The young lads sound lovely, you may find they look after you with cuppa’s etc, I hope so….take care xxxxxx

My oh my what a lot of posts. I have had a very busy day once again. Pool at 8.00 followed by doctor and pain psychologist then home to get OH and take him back into town to get his car from the repairers then home again to organise a green slip and insurance….on the phone for one and a half hours #£>€#%#£???? and now it is suddenly 6pm. Then to hall meeting tonight. I should not complain as a few months ago that would not have been possible…so hallelujah!! Going to the pool each day has given me renewed energy. It feels so good.

CG good news about the operation before Christmas..hopefully you can find someone to help with Lexie ???and the other calf. And it does feel great to have a new nice outfit to wear. I wore my new swimmers today and felt very glam..

Noots. Great news about OH results, engagement ???and may you have many enjoyable hours at your new machine.

Doggy. You must have killed 44 chinamen…what bad luck. Ribs are so painful..nice to have young company though. Enjoy it…

Fit. What a challenge you must have with your sister. I can just imagine her waiting till you are gone and then unwrapping the presents!! There is so much love in your family?‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍?. And your comment about the onion made me laugh.. That never happens where we live in fact quite the opposite. It is going to be a hot few days now so will be stripping off everything I can whilst still trying to be respectable..

GG nice to see your post. Hang in there..you will get regularly on line soon. Love the idea of you and OH going on a date.?‍❤️‍??‍❤️‍?????

I know I have missed some of you but have to go as dinner is served!!!..enjoy the rest of the night.

I had the most decadent chai latte cheese cake with coffee today in between appointments. Boy was it yummy..but that was my lunch and was very good the rest of the day…so no guilt!!!???

Hi all, just been hearing about the fires in Esperance WA and praying for those affected. Very hot here in my part of NSW too, north of Newcastle, but no bush fires reported so far. Got up to 37 c on my patio and temps set to remain the same with no relief until Saturday! I don’t handle the heat well.
    Collecting my new Janome S5 sewing machine tomorrow,rather excited. Will have to show OH that it’s a good investment.
    Hope you are all able to stay cool, those Aussies receiving heatwave conditions. Lots of cold drinks and very few clothes indoors for this one!!!

Hi All!
    So strange to hear about the high temperatures and bush fires in Oz while we’re wrapping up and hiding away from gales and torrential rain!! Not to mention all your wildlife; spiders, snakes etc. Ugh!! 🙁 My FD resulted in losing one of the kg I put on, so I’m happy enough. No resting on my laurels though, I need to lose the other one and find a bit of wriggle room for Christmas which is looming ever closer!!
    SJ – I hope you are keeping safe from any fires – it must be a dreadful worry. I’m sure the dressmaking project is going well and I bet you can’t wait to see the GD’s faces when their outfits arrive 🙂
    Doggy – I hope you are not feeling too sore after your fall. It can often take a couple of days for the pain to set in. It sounds like your nephew and his friend are good company and they can give Pepper some exercise while they’re around and save you that chore.
    Noots – Best of luck with the new sewing machine; I’m sure you will be very industrious and impress your OH!! 🙂
    PH – I’m not the angel you think I am but I’m lucky to have a big family who keep me from being too lazy or selfish!! I agree it’s quite a challenge to dress appropriately for hot weather at our age – it’s hard to balance the need for cool clothing with the necessity to cover exposed flesh!!!!
    GG – I hope you had a lovely date with your OH – what a romantic pair you are!! Let’s hope your new modem is up and running soon so that you can be back among us properly xxxx
    CG – that is good news about getting the op over before Christmas. Will it be keyhole? I’m sure you will be sensible about looking after yourself and that you will make sure to get help with the heavy chores when needed. Then you can put this year behind you and make the most of your new ‘body’ in 2016. How is Teagan doing?
    As you all know by now, I have my French and ballroom dance classes today, so I better get on with some housework. Looking forward to checking in later xxxx

Top of the mornin’ to ya Fit ? Tegan is coming along, bored at being at home but doing a lot of reading which she loves. Still very tender and wearing her brase is causing a few arguments, it hurts her but should be wearing it more often ? I don’t know about this new body, it’s certainly altered. Bust is smaller, I bought more shorts today, quite fitted denum but oh, all this loose skin/flab which hangs over yuck! So keeping a lot of my loose tops still to hide a multitude of sins? but what to do? A lot of years since my pregnancies when it did shrink back, but not now. I think that was one of the things getting to me yesterday, that and the “bat wing” arms ☺️ I do have to laugh about it, I see myself aging in front of the mirror with all these changes, happy with some…but not all….oh well, we can’t stop Father time taking his toll I guess.
    Have a lovely day, stay safe in that awful weather your getting. It feels like its been a long day for me, travelled quite a few miles, so intending a bit of a sleep in then off to my chiro for a loosen up. Water aerobics again on Friday. All the best dear girl xxxxx

CG – good to hear that Teagan is on the mend…it’s probably a good sign that she’s acting like a ‘normal’ teenager. Yes, we have definitely reached the age when we look better the more clothes we have on!! 😉 Never mind…growing older is still better than the alternative!! 😆 Hope you wake up well refreshed and raring to go, dear pal! <3 I’m a bit reluctant to go to my dance class this evening as it has got very stormy and there could be branches or even whole trees down on the roads. I’ll wait until as late as possible before making a decision.

Good morning team, evening Fit? another fast day for a lot of us. The heat is on too, very hot here, so good salad weather. Think positive team YOU CAN DO IT, some days easier than others, but stay busy YOU ARE NOT ALONE we are here for each other, so log in, add your support, we ARE in the same boat. Remember 5:2 is improving your health all the time, not always visible, but it is happening.
    Bit of a strong breeze starting up out there, so hope there are no fires around, or the brain dead idiots who start them, I better get down and feed Lexie then get ready for my chiro, I do feel quite stiff, possibly the long drive yesterday, but he’ll sort me out, then home for some chores no doubt with the air con going ?
    Have a lovely day team, it IS only food, so don’t obsess, you can have it tomorrow and remember the pride you feel when it’s completeted and the excitement (or apprehension) in the morning when you weigh in ? xxxxxx

Mornin’ CG! Enjoy your ‘salad’ days!! I think it’ll be soups and stews for the forseeable here!! 🙂 Hope the chiro irons out the kinks for you. Have a wonderful day and weekend xx.

Hi team. Firstly SJ are you anywhere in the vicinity of those dreadful fires in WA? I think you are from Margaret River, but could be mistaken. I’ve been to Perth and the surrounds but don’t really know your state well at all. Yes CG It’s hot a windy here too. We are heading for a top of 29 and many still that it’s always cold in Tassie. Do you know that they still allow campers to have open fires here. I’m sure you can imagine it. Sitting round the fire having a barbie and a few beers and then a few more beers and whoops the fire has spread to the bush.
    PH I’m sure it’s not really PC to say I’ve run over a chinaman but I was thinking just that. Maybe we can change my name from Doggy to Marg’s whinging – AGAIN. Ribs still painful but the chap from the UK who’s staying with us is in his mid 30’s and been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes. This is most unusual in my experience. So the poor bugger has to do a blood test three times and day and inject himself with Insulin according to the reading. If they don’t come up with a cure he’s going to have to do that for the rest of his life. I’m not fasting today but wasn’t really hungry yesterday so was well under my TDEE. I’m the same today but we’ll do a barbie with salads so that’s pretty low calorie. He has a very interesting and informative APP on his phone. It’s called “carbs and cals. ” he just types in pasta for example ans it comes up with four different photos of plates with pasta. One chooses the size of your serve and it gives all the info. Calories, carbohydrates etc. I’ve downloaded it and intend to use it. It cost about $ 9.
    Cheers all and keep tuned in if you are finding it hard going fast wise.

Hi all. Just a quick post to give say keep strong today if you are fasting. Lots of water in the heat and lots of Aussie Determination will get us through. Having a much better day today than yesterday. Just had my first food. My green smoothie. Keep focused. Enjoyed Bridge this morning and now off to town for my session in the Hydro Pool. WE CAN DO THIS,!!

Yes totally agree Doggy regarding camp fires, although loved them back in the day, but we were always very cautious plus in a caravan park too so very safe. With these storms brewing with this horrid humidity we could get lots of lightening strikes too, beautiful to watch but another fire starter! I wouldn’t worry too much about fasting with meals such as barbie and salads, I would think you are quite safe and still aware of choices and portion.
    Just back from chiro who did more acupuncture ouch! Then more blood taken pre op, and no thought of food ? It’s close to 2:15 so will hold out till I’m really hungry….why eat out of habit. Steak and salad planned for dinner mmmmm ?
    I saw a sign on a church when down town which I thought was worth sharing

“Get rich quick
    Count your blessings”

How true, how beautiful ☺️
    Hang in there team if fasting YOU CAN DO IT? xxxxxxx

Doggy. Your visitor from the UK certainly has a lot to contend with. We are so lucky and CG love the sign on the church.. So True .we can all count a great deal of blessings..
    Acupuncture..wow I hate those needles. I’ve just completed my forth session of aquarobics this week and am feeling it. Think I will be sensible and have a rest day tomorrow and factor in going to the local pool for some exercise on sat and Sunday. Double benefit as it will keep me cool also. I actually find that exercise on the fast day afternoon is quite draining. Maybe not a good idea.
    Very hot up on the north coast today also. Must be everywhere. So hopefully no wild storms to end the day with lightning.
    Just had to have my eggs as could not keep going till dinner. However much much better than Monday!! Keep strong gals. WE CAN DO THIS,????

PH I found I was over doing the pool too, so cut it to three times a week giving me a break from the extra early start for one but also catch up time at home. I find when I go out in the morning, all my urge has left me to get into things. I tend to have lunch then a Nanny nap (age!) then its time to get ready for Lexie and “crew” so it’s a busy but lost day. You are doing well leaving it so late to eat. It does take practice and also depends on the weather or how busy you are. Yes the accupuncture did hurt, my leg muscles are still giving me grief since my op, but not before hand, so he really pushes deep, I swear and call out, but he just laughs and says now I know I hit the spot ? this morning he bent two needles as my muscles were so tight! Anyway, pointless complaining, it’s just something I have to put up with but my back is quite painfree, depending on what I do, but I’m cautious now not wanting to go backwards.
    5:30pm so getting close to dinner, fortunately! Stick with it team, YOU CAN DO IT, WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION and we are stronger than we think so BRING IT ON ? weigh in tomorrow so keep reminding yourself……chat soon xxxxxx

Hi All! ( where is everybody??)
    Doggy – that is indeed a tough situation for your young friend and will have such an impact for the rest of his life. As CG said; we all have to count our blessings and see how rich we are in the things that matter. Hope your ribs are healing well.
    PH – I think it’s a good idea to have a rest from the pool if you are feeling the strain…..listen to your body and only push yourself within reason. Hope you are safe from any storms or extreme weather.
    CG – you sure had a tough time at the chiro’s, but hopefully it won’t be long before you feel the benefits.I had to laugh when you said about swearing and shouting; I once hit my physio to knock his hand off my leg when he squeezed a sore muscle!! My sister has done plenty swearing at her physio too and he just laughed it off; I think they are used to it! 🙂 I agree that it’s harder to get into other tasks at home when you’ve been out and about in the morning – so it’s good to change things around to suit your energy levels and needs on the day….that’s the beauty of being retired and being answerable to no-one!! 🙂
    I have lots of housework to get through today. A friend is coming to stay the night and then he and OH are off to the UK for the weekend to go to a rugby match. (BTW, I was very sorry to hear about the death of Jonah Lomu…a great ambassador for the game). My daughter is coming home for a few days from the UK for a friend’s 21st birthday; so it will be a busy weekend for mum’s taxi!! I am going out for a meal this evening with two sisters-in-law; so no FD for me today…hope I can do one tomorrow instead but I’m not great at fasting on Fridays!!
    Hope all well with SJ, Gypsy, Up, GG and Noots…….come out, come out, wherever ye are!!!!

Hi Folks having a very quiet day today as back & neck a bit nasty. Did 1/2 a session of pilates – legs only – & then had a physio session later. On the mend but…no more dressmaking allowed for now. Results of my x-rays showed no stress fractures thankfully from my osteoporosis, lots of osteo arthritis & slight scoliosis which isn’t helping matters. So some new exercises to strengthen the back & back next week to see her. Just been a bit miserable with it all. The neck is from me falling asleep in my chair reading & my head dropping forward – getting old!
    So hopefully tomorrow there’ll be a spring in my step again. Have managed to stick to my FD despite being very tempted to stray and comfort myself with food. Still have my hot choc left & will finish at 523. Just allowed myself a square of Lindt chocky after dinner which took me over, but if I manage to last the night with that I’ll be happy. will be early to bed I think with my electric blanket on to comfort the sore areas.
    CG hope you’re doing OK after your session – well I’m sure you’re in bed well and truly by now! Fancy bending 2 needles with your tight muscles – boy that’s saying something!
    PH I’d have to agree that lately I’ve found exercise on FD’s very draining. Didn’t used to so not sure why but I just go with the flow & attempt less now.

Dawg & others thanks for thinking of me with the fires. This lot is about 700 kms away so not a threat here. Do feel for the 3 german farm workers/backpackers who died. Their families would be devastated being so far away.

Hope you’ve had a successful FD all those fasting. Good on you if you did!!! I think we need to be kinder to ourselves sometimes & give ourselves a pat on the back for every successful fast day we have…..NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALES SAY!! We’re still winners and then….we have 3 days of freedom. YEAH!! sj XXXX off to heat up the heatpack.

Hi all, it is now 1.30am .went to bed at 7.30 after falling asleep in my recliner, boy was I tired. Completed my Fast Day successfully , as I was asleep??? . Sounds like it was a good FD for most. Well done to US…..
    I definitely think I will take the advice above regarding not overdoing it. I tend to be like a bull at a gate when my pain is manageable and try to get in as much exercise as possible. No exercise today for this little black duck. Have been out every day this week and lots of tidying up to do and maybe a nana nap.

SueJen . I’m with you in feeling for the families of the overseas young people killed in the fires. It was my worst nightmare when my children are doing all of their travelling. Those poor parents. Sorry you are not feeling great, good news that there are no stress fractures. Is it not amazing how many ailments we all have in common. The aging process is not fun however, as Fit says,it is better than the alternative..my back and neck also suffer when I do too much sewing. Have to pace myself these days. No more than an hour at the machine at a time. Frustrating but I am used to it now. I have a timer and set it to one hour and then have about 15 min lying down with hot pack on neck and I’m good to go again. Finally have seen the light that prevention is better than cure in this case. I do love my sewing so whatever it takes!!
    WELL DONE WITH STICKING TO FD?????

Fit..I’m with you about FD on a Friday. Guess we have it set in our system that Friday night is for relaxing and having drinkies and nibbles..after a full week at work????. I see no reason to change that now that we are not working????
    Enjoy your weekend being mums taxi. ??? where does your daughter live?

CG ..wow two broken needles. No wonder you shouted at your Chiro but as you say we do what we have to to keep moving. With all the pool work you do your muscles are getting a good workout so well done with that. Thanks for the advice re not doing too many days. Makes sense, I will listen to my body and ease off think I’ll have Wednesday’s off in the middle of the week. I find going to the lovely hot Hydro Pool in the mornings gets me mobile for the day, but like you need a nanny nap in the afternoon..never used to. Feels good to be able too though..???

Enjoy the rest of your day Fit. Think I’ll be able to get back to sleep now. ???

SJ – good to see you posting but not to hear that you are full of aches and pains. Have you ever been shown how to do any of the Alexander technique movements/stretches for back pain? I was shown one when I had back trouble…it involved lying flat on the floor on my back with books under my head so that my chin was close to my chest. You hold that position for 15 mins if you can and it stretches out your back and frees up the spaces between the vertebrae. It worked very well for me. I’m so glad you are safe from the fires, but what a terrible loss for those poor families of those who died. It’s every parents worst nightmare. Well done on your FD and have a lovely weekend.
    PH – hope you had a good sleep in the end of it all; I had a bad night myself but I’m going to have a few glasses of wine with my meal out tonight so I bet I’ll sleep like a log!! 😉 My daughter is in college in the UK, not too far from London. She gets home on a fairly regular basis and we sometimes go over to her too and we skype every week as well, which is great. However, nothing can take the place of a good hug, so I can’t wait to get my arms around her 🙂 Enjoy your weekend too xxxx

Good morning, evening Fit. We all seem to be feeling the ravishes of age lately, but we aint giving in to it. I still believe in “move it or lose it” it is too easy to give up and become a couch potato. With our continuous weight losses our movement becomes easier with less weight to tote around, but everything in reason team, we are not teens any longer ? so if anything we need to pace ourselves. The sore neck you are talking about, is a reason I don’t read as much as I used to. I’m terrible once into a good book, just cant put it down, I can easily burn my meal or forget time as in feeding animals etc, it just controls my life with an obsession, then feel flat, as if something is missing, when the book comes to an end. I ususally pick up another and after a chapter or two get into that and it all starts over again. I did find the neck problem, and eye strain bought on migraines too! Anyway, Doggy is a great believer of talking books so might try that. I seem to get carried away with the lives of the characters and the story line so get lost in fantasy for a while ? I do love a good “whodumit” as well as a autobiography. I haven’t read for a while then go through 4-5 books then get back to life ?
    How did you all go with your fast. I found it quite easy for a Thursday, not yet weighed in, having my milky coffee then off to feed Lexie. Huge thunder storm and very short term heavy rain over night, it woke me then lulled me back to sleep. When the 6:00am alarm went off, the thunder started up again, so made an executive decision to stay in bed, give the pool a miss today, and do some catch up…at MY pace rather than rushing to get things done ?
    I hope you all have a lovely peaceful day, and to you Fit, a good nights sleep. I did have half a sleeping tab last night after being so used to insomnia after fasting, nipped it in the bud to start with and feel very refreshed after a good sleep.
    C’mon team, share your results with us, remember scales are only numbers but the health issues are an important benefit is relieving so much. Where did our newbies go?? Some of our team seem to be MIA too, and Gypsie I take it, has a lot on her plate at the moment but will post when able to…thought are with you both Gyps ? ….xxxxxxxxxx

Good morning team and good evening to FIT.
    It seems now after spending many hours on the phone and in the OPTUS store that I may have to change to another provider. OPTUS sent out the new wifi device but I still have the same problem with the internet dropping out.
    DOGGY- Sorry about your fall … how lucky you were. Hope that you are on the mend soon.
    SJ- glad to here you are safe from the fires.
    PH- I too went to bed at 7pm slept until 1-30am… OH was blissfully snoring and I was up for awhile.
    Fast day went well yesterday. OH brought some Sav Blanc which is low in calories “Early Harvest” 78cals per glass ….so I had 3 standard glasses with steak and salad.
    It will be very hot here on the coast today with temps around 40deg. PH yo
    and I are 3hrs away from each other so keep your fluids up and stay cool.
    CG – will ph you later
    OPTUS is contacting me later today……so we will see.
    Stay cool and enjoy the beach if you are close to one.
    Thinking of GYPS,MILENA,UP,NOOTS, all the best…….GO GAL xxxxxx

I hve managed to lose 2.3kgs over the last fortnight. The fast days have been out the window this week due to external events. I managed to get extras in due to power blackouts as I could not cook evening meals so that started the fast days earlier. The power substation went up in flames it is a regular occurance as the dust settles on it and then catches alight. The hot days during the week have been really draining. The weather forcast is for some cooler weather up until next Wednesday. The next two weeks will be no fast days as I have birthdays and our family Christmas is the first weekend of December. This year is In-laws turn for Christmas day dinner. The distances are to great to get from one to the other.

Morning GL, welcome back, you are doing so well with your losses but have had lots of problems with fires and floods over the years. Where do you live, you sound like the Mallee? You are a strong lady and soldier on regardless, it’s a credit to you. I hope things settle and get easier for you but we are expecting another bad Summer. I’m in South Gippsland, still green but dry in the ground. We were just notified (on my ipad, no mobile reception) of a small bush fire just up the road, started by lightening, it’s a real danger. Take care and take out for yourself to enjoy your celebrations ? xxxxx

Morning Aders!
    Just back from my meal out with SILs. Ate far too much as the food was so good and very cheap! Not to mention the few glasses of vino as well!! Oh well; I’ll definitely have to do a fast tomorrow now – but it was worth it!!
    CG – love a good whodunnit and I read just about anything else as well but have trouble remembering titles and authors so sometimes start the same book again until I realise it’s beginning to seem familiar!! Another of the joys of the aging process! 😉 I really love the luxury of waking in the morning around 8am and reading for a half hour or so before I get up….bliss!! Sounds like you made a very good choice today to do things at your own pace….well done! Xxxx
    GG – really hope you get the internet sorted; we need you here 🙂
    GL – good to hear from you too, I thought we had lost you. What a time you have been having! Brilliant loss too in spite of everything, so well done. Enjoy all the special times and family occasions; that’s what life is all about. 5:2 will wait for us all.

Gosh, CG – hope you and your four-legged friends stay safe from the fires. Take care, dear pal xx

Hi Fit, it seems quite small from what I can gather, also things are pretty wet from the intermittent rain we keep getting and with no wind, I would think the fire’ies got onto it quickly. Thank you for your concern, I’m touched ☺️ I have already planned should anything major occur, the boys and Maggie in the car and paddock gates will be opened for the stock, then I’d go to our local rec where we have the horse draft as well as a footy oval, so it’s clear there ? sleep tight on your full belly, sweet dreams xxxx

Hi all, my fd today and going well. Trying out my new Janome sewing machine so the time is flying by. Managed to break a needle by changing feet and not noticing the needle position. Apart from that it’s going well. Planning to try some quilting this afternoon. That will test both machine and me! House closed up against the heat. Top of 39 c predicted for my area of NSW. Did my exercises early while still relatively cool. Too hot for line dancing in a hall where the air conditioning isn’t working. I will sew under the fan instead. Country girl I also get lost in nooks. My favourite fantasy film was Lost in Austen. Just reading a biography of Elizabeth Taylor, hasn’t grabbed me yet. I get my books from op shops so never read the best sellers till years later and it doesn’t bother me. Weighing in tomorrow. 🙂

CG, I meant books of course! 🙂

Noots, I’m reading David Parkinson biography, quite good, but been interupted lately but as with most bios, can put it down and pick it up when possible. If you haven’t read Davin Nivens bio, very funny reading, drops a few names which are interesting of the old movie stars and their stories, old of course, so might get it at the op shop. I used to love him. It’s lovely to have a new toy so enjoy the fun of sewing. I have so many alterations I should be doing, most of what I have is too big but too good to toss out so need to resize a lot of things, when time permits! Xxxxxxx

Hi again. CG, i have read and enjoyed David Niven, but not heard of the other David. Good news that you have to make things smaller :-). I recently got back into some size 12s that I’d kept. Hoping to get rid of all my size 14s in the new year. Op shops are good for clothes when gaining or losing weight aren’t they. We have two good ones in my little town.
    Birthday shopping with the 15 year old granddaughter tomorrow. Don’t like big shopping centres but that’s where we’ll be going, into Newcastle. Will take the opportunity to get myself some new bras as my bust has definitely got smaller. Woo hoo. 🙂

CG – glad to hear you have a plan of escape and that immediate threat is not so serious! Lots of rain and quite cold temps expected here for the weekend….brrrr!! I enjoyed David Niven’s autobiog too; love the movies and film stars of that era. Really loved reading the book about the life-long feud between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis – they sure were formidable women!
    Noots – enjoy working the new sewing machine and the quilting – what a wonderful skill to have. Stay cool!
    I’m off to bed now. OH will be up at cockcrow to head to the airport for his weekend rugby trip; so I’ll be awake very early. Hope I can get back to sleep after he leaves or I’ll be like a bear with a sore head!! ‘Night all!

Oh Noots, you are near Newcastle, I thought you were Victorian. Michael Parkinson I meant, sorry, David Parkinson was a footy coach…….I’m having the same problems with bras too, and finding my size 14’s in some things are getting too big, again, depending on the cut! So ironing now, heaps to do, most would do with folding but I’m old fashion and iron most things….with in reason, and even if not today, plan using the iron to help with my resizing then onto some serious sewing. My Mum was a beautiful sewer, so still feel intimidated by her but have decided,if I stuff it up, at least I tried and it’s better than buying more or tossing it out….ya gotta have a go right? ? happy shopping too, if your 15 yo GD is anything like mine, take some patience with you, oh golly they are fussy! Xxxxxxx

I think I have you noots mixed up with GL….damn age and memory (or lack of) again, sorry ? xxxx

Fit we will probably be still up when you wake….have a safe trip ☺️ driving in that weather xxxx

Greetings all. My *+%#~£€¥ ribs are still very painful so I’m not getting much sleep. Luckily hubby is at home so he can help out with stuff I can’t do at the moment. My stats today are just what one would expect from a too much wine , too many chocolates and cheese week. Our guests leave tomorrow so next week I plan to knuckle down and avoid all the bad food choices. Good grief, but I’d forgotten how much young men can eat! These two are like locusts who’ve been through a famine. I’ve just made a ginormous potato salad to go with our barbie and healthy type salads this evening. Hopefully that will fill them up. I think Wes’s diabetes and his yo yo Insuin levels make him constantly hungry. Not that I begrudge them the food of course.
    SJ I’m glad the fires are not near you. Yes the parents of those poor young people who died must just be devastated. Your aches and pains sound grim. Take care of yourself. Yes, getting older is not for sissies. This old dog stil has plenty of fight in her yet!
    XX Doggy
    ??????

Morning team active today after the quiet of yesterday – me included. Feeling much better today & PH might try your plan of attack of an hour’s sewing then the heatpack. It’s more the pinning & cutting bending over the table that does me in good & proper, sewing not so bad. But GD no 3 (baby) might have to get something else for now & I’ll send hers on in Jan sometime.
    Doggie do you need to get checked out at the dr’s? But sounds like nothing’s going to keep you down for too long Dawg! Just as well at our age. And young men’s appetites yes unbelievable!!
    Noots well done for getting into those size 12’s & getting ready to get rid off the 14’s. YEAH!!
    Fit I too start re-reading a book & eventually realise when something happens (often way into the book!) oh yes…have read this before. Get stuck sometimes too when they keep putting new covers onto books & it looks new but vaguely familiar!
    Gl great losses. You must be sticking to your routines like glue to get such good losses. Great work!!
    GG here’s hoping that sometime quite soon we’ll see you back online regularly!

As to FD I had a good one but the scales are stuck up at 69.9. So nowhere near my best of 69.4 & my FD only lost .3kg so nothing brilliant. But I was quite inactive yesterday so didn’t help I guess. Don’t like ending at 69.9 as it means I may even see 71 by the time the weekend’s over. Yo-yo times.

Well going to try my sewing & see how I go. I’ll back off if I need to. But new exercises to do first. Enjoy whatever your day brings you team, including some yummy food that you’ve been longing for. I had a fabulous Red Velvet smoothie for breakfast along the lines of the red velvet cupcakes we see now. Scrummy. Recipe here: also one for a carrot cake smoothie recipe too! Very healthy recipes too.
    http://www.claireturnbull.co.nz/red-velvet-smoothie/ suejen XXXX

GL. What an amazing result..CONGRATULATIONS?????.

Hi all late posting today. Had a little sleep in and was woken by a Skype call from the lovely Joel in Canada. He was in such a talkative mood and so ended up reading books and talking to him and my son for over 2 hours. Just priceless. ?‍❤️‍? they had an interesting sweet after dinner of a full recound slice of green apple, spread with almond butter, sprinkled with cocoanut and topped with sultanas. He told me it was yummy and I will have to make some. Just love these chats. Then it was time for the lady who keeps my face hairless , eyebrows, lip and chin and a mini pedicure so all beautiful for another month. I can’t do my eyebrows anymore as I can’t keep my hand still enough to use the tweesers, and can’t bend down to my toes so decided to spend the additional 10.00 and get the works. ??

Weighed in and back to 100.3. ??So that is good. Back to where I started before the majic pills. Hopefully will crack that illusive 100 next week.

Boy is it hot here today. Aircon going full blast.

SueJen. Cutting and pinning get to me also so do the same routine as for sewing only have the heat pack under my back. Hope this works for you. Mind you the thought of a heat pack today is a bit wild.
    Hang in there. Good on you for having a good fast day. Your scales will move one of these days when you least expect it. ?
    I have a pile of alterations in my sewing room to attend too but can’t seem to get the urge. Will have to do some now that the weather has turned hot or I will have not much to wear. Should get off my butt and get up to the sewing room when I finish this post.

CG . Hopefully they contain the fire near you and all is OK. Good to have a plan though. We all need those these days, which reminds me I must replace the batteries in my emergency radio and torch.
    Noots. Good luck with the shopping with granddaughter. I’m sure it will be a good test of your patience. However fun in its own way. Just spending time together is great..good to get a chance to get new bras though..my bras are almost worn out and can’t wait till I lose some weight on the boobs. So far nothing at all . I’m sure you will enjoy trying out your new Sewing machine, so much fun seeing what it can and can’t do.

Doggy. What a treat to have your visitors..lovely to see how the young get into all the food and enjoy it. Feel for you with the ribs though. ??

GG. I have had to change to Telstra to get any sort of reliable internet reception where we live also and could not be happier.. Not sure why that is though as I thought all companies used the same connection with ADSL. Can’t believe how great it is in our little village, we can get NBN here but I have not changed as yet as speed so fast anyway. Hope it all gets sorted soon for you. Must be so frustrating. ???

Fit. Sounds like a great time was had by all with your sil’s glad you enjoyed it. Mind you , I don’t think that you go to anything without enjoying it to the fullest..???

Missing you Gyps..hope everything Ok…??

Hi all, just checked outside and the temp in my covered spa area is 44.5 c. Luckily it is a lot cooler inside. I am enjoying walking on the slate floors barefoot, as is our little dog. Had enough of sewing for now so vegging out in front of the golf. OH is watching, I am reading Spotless. Bought it years ago and enjoying another browse to get me motivated when this heat has gone. Yes, lots of patience needed with my 15 yo GD as it’s such an awkward age. Wish I’d had a grandma when I was her age. Longing for the cool change, hopefully tomorrow.

Hi all, sorry. I have been working again etc. Just home from a swimming carnival where it was 41.One of the teachers had to be taken to hospital by ambulance due to the heat. Trying to cool down, I have air con but it takes a while to cool the house down.

I looked at Spotless again recently too. Good to have it on the shelf.
    No news here at all. Best to all.

Oh Up, I hope she is ok. How strange our weather is. I have gone from shorts and t/shirt…to 3/4’s and a warm t/shirt, now trackies warm t/shirt and jacket with gumboots to feed Lexie…it’s really cold particularly after what we have had.
    Oh forgot, 74.0 this morning, no doubt goes up and continues after my first coffee ? through the week end, then start again! You know, we have probably always zigzagged but never so diligent with scales as we are all now, I’d hate to think what I was at my heaviest???
    Hope your new link with telstra is going well now GG…xxxxxxxx

HI all, Not lost, just been away from home. On the medical merry go round (For the leprechaun). He requires my focus for the moment. As per usual the outcomes are not cut and dried and further test were required prior to making a decision re chemo rx now, or later. Complex issue as liversa only get one go at it and it is not conclusive enough to risk at this time(apparently). Anyway, He is well enough (apart from stressed to hell!) We finally got the decision to watch and wait for another six months. Phew! Thank God it’s Friday! Naturally, the news that he is not deemed to have a raging malignancy, to himself, means having a celebratory wee drink! (eyes rolling) Ah, well, tomorrow is another day. sadly in need of rehab myself, fast food snacks all week! Bugga! I will read up later, girls, Carry on! xxxGyps

Gyps at least it’s some respite from “some” worry I hope for you both. Of course it’s always in the back of your mind, but take whatever you can get of peace ☺️ my thoughts are with you both, I know you’re worried, but do try to take time to just enjoy each others company xxxxx?

I have gone back to eating the way I did as a child and cutting out sugar and cereal. I don’t drink wine as it starts off nice and then becomes bitter. My main conern at the moment is to get my waist under 80 cms for the health benefits. At the start of the year 75 kgs seemed so unattainable. I try not to think about losing weight as that is the moment it will stop. If I lose I say thank you and if I don’t then it is my skin catching up to my new weight. Anything now is a bonus. This WOE will still let me enjoy family celebrations and then go back to normal eating.

Hi All!
    Very grizzly bear here this morning!! Grrrrr! Bad night’s sleep followed by lots of hassle trying to get a plumber for the house next door to me, which used to be my parents’ but now belongs to the sister with dementia, so she can’t manage it at all. It is rented out to a nice family who contacted us to say the heating is not working and there seems to be a leak somewhere which we can’t trace. My brother who usually looks after practical DIY matters just left for Australia yesterday morning so other sister and I left holding the baby. We’re now on our third choice of plumber!! Also, my sister has no home help today so she needs to be washed, dressed, fed, groceries, cleaning etc done too. Sorry for rant, folks and will reply properly later when I’ve cooled down!! 🙁

Oh Fit what a way to start your day, it has to get better for you and when you get into bed tonight, it will be over, I hope. Waiting for a plumber can fell like it’s forever, if they come, but surely the people will manage until then, as with your sister, she does need your attention, so priortise my friend and only do what is humanly possible ?, but try to have a calming cuppa first, then a deep breath, and only then soldier on with full AUSSIE DETERMINATION, good luck with it all xxxxx

Thanks CG xx. I’m back home from all the chores with my sister. Plumber can’t come until Monday morning so the family will have no proper heating and the weekend is to be the coldest we’ve had so far! Left them a couple of plug-in heaters which will have to do. I’m off to the Paul Brady concert tonight with another sister and two friends so I’ll switch off from my woes and lose myself in the music and maybe a peach schnapps or two 😉 Needless to say fasting went out the window today – had big slice of chocolate cake!!

Way to go Fit! Good for you and I hope you enjoyed the concert, schnapps and cake……..perfect way to end a troubled day. Having plug in heaters are always a must with our reverse cycles, if it’s too hot they wont work, if it’s too cold, they don’t work (especially that time it snowed) so it would pay those people to grab one themselves.
    Put your day behind you with happy memories of fullfillment and sleep well ?
    Cold wet and overcast is the measure of today with a top of 17 so back to winter. Good comfort food type weather and I do find it hard to enjoy salads in cold weather so will decide as I go along. My hot milky coffe is starting my day then down to give Lexie her warm milk.
    Enjoy your day team, it’s yours to do as you wish, catch up or start something new, see friends or have a day to yourself, and enjoy all the yummy foods you have been yearning, watching your PC, then there is still no missing out. Happy Day team xxxxx

Glad to see you have everything sorted Fit.. I guess you are enjoying the Paul Prady concert and I see you have made it a girls night out. It’s a given that you will be enjoying yourself after your busy day..your reward for sorting everything out today…??????

Gyps. Good and not so good news at the same time. As CG says just enjoy every moment you can with leprechaun live life to the fullest. then there will be no regrets whatever the outcome may be. However there is so much going on with new treatments these days anything is possible. Keep the hope in your hearts. ??

CG it never ceases to amaze me the variation in temperature you have where you are. Very hot day here yesterday. Today a nice breeze but still shorts weather.

Had some bad news yesterday about a friend of mine. Her husband has had severe dementia for years now and is in the palliative stage of life now. She has been such a strong lady and had him at home all of the time however had to put him into respite for a little while and is hating herself for that and is going to bring him home again. At least I could talk her through the process of getting the palliative care team help. Offered to go up to her for support but she refused. Does not want even her sister with her , which I can understand because she is not a strong person and cries a lot. However feel she really need a shoulder to cry on and a hug. Can just keep phoning I guess but it is my gut feeling to just get in the car and drive up anyway..maybe once she gets him home..it will be such a blessing if he goes quickly as she has had no freedom for around 7 years.

Morning PH, yes it’s very sad when the realisation hits. If she could agree to put him in care it may help accept his loss a bit easier when the time come. If she has been his main carer all these years,she will find her life very empty once his time comes. At least when he’s in care, she can have time out to start living again and make the transition a bit easier. I agree, she does need a friend, not to instigate things just an ear or shoulder for her to off load. Not an easy time for you seeing this.
    Our weather is fickle but at least we get some respite from the heat, once it hit’s full on, there is no relief.
    Enjoy your day, and thank you for your support, you rarely miss logging in a few times each day, your support is greatly appreciated…? xxxxxxxx

Hi all, some sad posts today. Feeling for you all. I survived a heatwave yesterday. The temp got to 44.5 c on our patio. We retired to our bedroom, the only one with air con, for the afternoon. So glad the cool change came through at midnight so today is much more bearable. Gave all the garden a huge drink early. Weight down to 60.9 kg first thing! Very slow this week but I am determined to get below 60 kg by December. My ultimate goal of 55 kg is looking very doable. This method works. Keep up the good work ladies. Love reading all your posts.

Noots you are doing so well, keep up the great work, you must be being very strict. Yes, great to get a breather with the weather and I bet the garden loved the drink ? xxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 9,251 through 9,300 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.