Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,801 through 6,850 (of 14,786 total)

• Oh wonderful news people. I just had a very short email from my daughter (first communication) that says they are processing things & will go to see a counsellor, & will be happy to meet up after that. Now we still have a long way to get over her letter & its statements, but it’s a movement in the right direction – that I never expected. Soo relieved…and I will eventually be able to see my grandkids again hopefully. suejen XX a few wines coming up!
    Been a good day all up with hitting the 60’s too!! And many thanks for being so supportive gang. XXXX

So Fit, I gotcha! You’ll soak up sunshine and spread it around. that’s what you do. just don’t feel guilty about wanting to.(someone has to lead towards the light in our darkest hours). Ooo! and I would kill to see Bette Midler live! xx

Fit have a well deserved enjoyable time 🙂
    Suejen, I’m so happy for you but tread carefully, your pain is still raw and looking for instant relief can set you up again. But enjoy your few sips with some positive thinking 🙂 xxxxxx

Suejen! So glad for you! It’s not so bad to hit the sixty’s. Wisdom comes at a price and you have earned respect. don’t settle for less. Kids need boundaries and walking all over their parents is not acceptable. Even in mental illness. It’s all about the mind, after all. Getting better includes facing ones own contribution to a quarrel and ‘peace of mind’ comes with knowing there’s a brick wall they can’t blow down with hot air! Don’t be manipulated into allowing old patterns to resume for the sake of ‘peace at any price’. You deserve justice. One tends to stew over anything less. Admitting fault is a two way street. Your grandkids won’t stay children and your relationship with them is, in the end, a separate issue. Be their gran and they will figure it out. Luck. xxx

Up. I’ve Turned the page and didn’t get to say how good it is to see you keeping the faith! You have taken 5:2 around the world and come home in great shape. well done! xxx

Mmmm, so CG, I’ve been way off topic, boss, but am happy to report, finally, that I weighed in at 84.9 kgs. so still in the parameters of my zigzag. Not gaining, despite a week of naughty choices.. Take heart, you will bounce back, too.
    and don’t stress about your mate leaving. You’ll find your metal honing when it’s down to you and the black stump. Nothing like the challenge of everyday survival to put aches and pains in their place. Just a bloody nuisance one must overcome. And you will. Swearing helps, and a bitch on here keeps it flowing . Better out than in!

Commendable. You haven’t really missed a beat as far as taking care of this mob is concerned. Well done, Boss. Have a good nite xxx gyps

Gyps- I loved your comment, very kind and insightful , you are a gem 🙂 CG – as always, the voice of reason, I will never go back to what got me here in the first place, I will not give up thanks to every single person in this forum who has told me about zig zags, plateaus etc!
    Fit, thank you for your kind words 🙂 and I do agree that it has been the ‘various issues in our lives that have derailed us’ – having said so , I do tend to get side tracked and I will be more mindful in the future. I tend to rabbit on! FB – your posts helped me 🙂
    Confession – I spent my first fast day in bed, reading all your posts thinking I was going to die of hunger! I know at my weight it’s an impossibility, but it felt real! It was all your shared experiences that kept me going! I was always exhausted, embarrassed by my huge tummy, I was gaining and gaining kilos 🙁 , I had a sore knee, my bras were all cutting in to me and hurting my ribs! I was a fat mess! Though my loss so far has not been huge but I feel good, I’m not tired, sore or ashamed of my body- though I’m still a fatty! I know that once I’m back at work I’ll be a lazy poster but you will always be in my thoughts 🙂 Goodnight all and thank you for sharing your wisdom, time and patience xxx

Good morning team. Taco you are doing wonderfully. Please be positive with your outcomes. 5:2 is not a quick fix but a long term way of life giving fantastic results to those who stay with it. 🙂 We will all have good and bad weeks, great results to none at all, but never give up. It is a controlled way of eating and it comes naturally over time. We are like a family at Aussie Determination, and use our thread as Gypsy says, a round the kitchen table chat. We share ideas and suggestions, we all stick with fasting twice a week, some do more, but we follow the basic plan. On our NFD’s we experiment with what works for us, then share the ourcomes with our other team members as suggestions 🙂 Be it vegetarian, HFLC, low fat, no carb, or whatever! No one is deviating for the original 5:2 plan at all. We are told to eat normally on NFD’s and if the above is normal for you…go for it! 🙂 when members get good results from their NFD choices, they share as suggestions to others who are battling:). Isn’t that what family does? We are all the same person who started this journey at a heavier weight, with the same issues and life style which caused it all. Sharing our lives is a part of the kitchen table chat as in having somewhere to get things off our chest, that is a blessing, as we feel for each other, we are genuinely caring people. If someone is down and not getting results, a suggestion of a new lipstick can to make them feel good. If suggesting bras or undies because of body shape changes are talked about, that is fantastic, as, who else would you ask? If a team member finds one and feels the benefit, they share it with other members. This is not deviation, this is great advise to others. 🙂 Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION works as a team, a cheer squad and we have each others back 🙂 so team, keep up the great work, we need each other, we all admit to the need, no one can stand alone and succeed 🙂 . Enjoy your Saturday, try not to be hard on yourself, life is far too short for that. It seems we are all in for a cold snap so stay warm, get some good soup on cooking, freeze some portions for fast days, great filler and very low cal but above all,think positive, you ARE what you think 🙂 feel the joy of life. Xxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a good news day on here today!

Congrats to all and Sue Jen, enjoy the wine.

What a wise bunch of people you all seem to be.

I have finally remembered to send out the list. If you gave me your details, you should receive an email. If you don’t, please check your spam/junk folder. A special shout out to Gypsy to have a look!

Thank you Upt, email received, great work and idea 🙂
    Lost a post somewhere?
    Happy day team xxxxx

G’day team. I’m baaaack. Welcome Spyder. Our daughter and grandkids left a few hours ago back to Melbourne. We’ve so enjoyed our time together. Our grandson is autistic and can be a challenge at times. We do worry about him and what the future holds. He is in a ” normal” school but is behind in nearly all subjects. Our daughter works at his school on her days off as a teacher’s aid so that she can see what he is supposed to be doing. It must be very difficult.
    Pepper has had a ball and been spoilt rotten. Everyone has made a big fuss of him. He’s really going to miss all the attention.
    Needless to say the 5:2 has gone out of the window this past week and I haven’t been near the scales. I’ve not really eaten any junk food but too much bread, roast spuds, fish and chip. I’m sure you get the picture. Next week I will knuckle down again. Like the rest of you I do find it hard to miss out on comfort food while the weather is cold.
    I’ve not been able to catch up with all your posts. CG I’m sorry your leg pain is still with you. Hang in there those of you who are doing it tough.
    XX Doggy.

Oh great news Doggy, what precious memories. Chris just left, her Son came and got her, they have that awful weather coming they have to drive through. I’m in South Gippsland and she is from Ballarat. Looks like you are getting it too Doggy. I hope GG isn’t driving back along the coast in it either. It’s wonderful when loved ones come and difficult when they go, Don’t worry about the scales Doggy I weighed in at 78.2 this morning, normally 75k so not bad for the length of time since I have fasted. But as we know 5:2 is PART of of our life ..not ALL of it, that’s the beauty of 5:2 and a couple of fasts get me back to normal, WE CAN DO IT 🙂 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you mean me, CG, no, I just made a joke about revealing my name, finally!

Upt, not sure what that post means

Don’t worry ,CG. You wrote “Lost a post somewhere?” and I wasn’t sure if you were talking to me or not. You probably weren’t!

Sorry Upt, I did write a small post and it disappeared. Alls good, just woke from another Nanny nap, will have to get used to thinking of them as healers rather than being lazy 🙂 all orders from the physio, sleep, rest, stand, walk and only sit for 15-20 minutes at a time so laying on the couch on my side is my new favourite position 🙁 xxxxxx

Good afternoon everyone,
    I hope you are all nice and warm and making the best of our Saturday. Suejen, I am happy to hear that things are looking up for you and your family 🙂 CG , thank you for your kind and encouraging words, they help so much during the not so successful weigh ins and the lows. I hope you have had a good night’s sleep and that you are managing that nasty nerve pain. Doggy, I love hearing all about Pepper’s antics 🙂 I am glad you had a lovely time with family. Up- thank you for organising the emails, I thought I’d let you know that I have not received a copy of the email list. GOGal and fit, thinking of you all. Yum and Lotus, enjoy your week end 🙂

Sorry, revised email sent and double checked. All recipients were listed this time. Thanks for letting me know, Taco and GG.

Speaking for myself FB I do the same regime week after week on FD’s so that I don’t have to think about it and know that I’ll come in under 500 cals. I tend to think everyone else will be as bored with it as I am so I meander down other paths just to keep in touch. Also firm online friendships have evolved with the way the thread is. You’re right though, more of a passing nod to 5:2 is needed. I had to smile at a comment on Aussie Rules footy this past week, the comment was something like ‘only Aussie Rules rewards blokes for missing a goal!’ Our thread is something like that so perhaps we can think of it in that context if that helps. With your good loss you are proving that sticking to the 5:2 rules works so we need to hear from you, especially the newbies 🙂

CG, Fit, Up (thanks for the email list), Gyps, Taco, SJ, Lotus,GG and newbie Rosie – enjoy the rest of the weekend YY xx

Oh how could I forget Dawg and DiiP! Good to hear from ‘Pepper’.

SJ the page turned while I was writing. Hoping with you for restored relationship. Probably a very careful relationship at first. 🙂 YY xx

Hi All Gyps CG YY thank you so much for you words of wisdom, and words of encouragement from others. I do tend to rush headlong into things. So I’ve been thinking very carefully about how I would approach a first meeting & what boundaries would be set – and there would need to be some serious apologising before I went any further. You’ve all given me food for thought over the next few months till we meet. May also go and see my counsellor first.
    OH amazingly is cooking up a pot of chicken soup (happens once every 5 years or so!) so I don’t even have to worry about dinner…and it will be healthy 5:2 food too so all good. That means I can go back to my book. Have already had a good hour or so walk with a friend so all in all it’s been a good day.
    Have a good weekend all. suejen XXX
    CG hope that pain is either receding or manageable for you.

Hi All,
    SJ – I am so glad that there is a glimmer of light in the dark tunnel of the difficulties with your daughter. I think it’s a very good idea to see your own counsellor before meeting up with her, as there is no doubt the situation will need careful handling. Make sure to protect yourself emotionally. It would be wonderful to find some common ground as it is so important that you remain a part of your grandchildren’s lives. I wish you the very best and hope for the best possible outcome for all concerned.
    Gypsy – I will give you a full report on the Divine Miss M as soon as I can….really looking forward to it and it will be good to let my hair down with my sisters.
    Taco – you are an inspiration to everyone who is finding this journey difficult to just keep going, keep celebrating the small changes and never give up.
    Dawg – great to hear you and Pepper enjoyed the family visit, but I’m sure you’re tired now. Autism is certainly a challenge. My friend’s son has autism and has gone successfully through second level school and is now at third level, so thankfully the awareness, understanding and support is much better now than it was even a few years ago.
    CG – hope the cold weather is not making your aches and pains worse….stay warm and eat well, your system needs it for repair and healing xx
    YY – you’ve got a plan that works for you, so as they say: “why fix what ain’t broke?”
    Big hello to all the rest of you wonderful ADers….keep the faith, we can do it!!

Good morning team. Don’t seem to be getting the weather as predicted! Cold yes, but hay, it’s winter. Anyway still very early on a Sunday morning, the worst is expected later today. I had the best nights sleep, even though it’s very early, just gone 6.00am and the need for meds woke me, I’m feeling only bearable pain 🙂 Fast day for most of us tomorrow so plan and prepare team. Good day to get that casserole cooked or soup, anything which can be portioned for a fast day meal. The weather may be cold but it’s easy to fill the tummy with warming meals and liquids. 🙂 Your Aussie Determination will be on your side, the team is behind you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and remember, THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING 🙂 I had a friend phone yesterday to say she will call in for a visit and bring lunch today 🙂 People are very kind, you do get what you have given,so reach out to people we all need each otther 🙂 Happy Sunday team, stay safe and warm xxxxxx

Greetings team. Yes well CG that bad weather did come our way. We had a humdinger of a thunderstorm last night. Every time Thor The Thundergod roared, Pepper responded with high pitched barking. It was enough to drive one nuts. We did get some good downpours plus more this morning. Rain is always welcome when one is on tank water.
    I made a large roast leg of lamb with the trimmings while the family was here. I’ve still got some left over so we are having that again today with veg. I’ll keep the remains for OH for tomorrow when I start my FD again. I haven’t got round to preparing any FD meals yet but know there are some low cal meals in the freezer.
    GG I hope that you are getting some respite while caring for your dad. It must be tough. CG hoping for you your pain goes away soon. Up, Fitto, Suejen and others nice to read your posts. Keep it up ADs and my thoughts are with you for those who are doing it tough. Family fallouts can be heartbreaking.
    XX Dawg

GG where are you, there is a big hole on our thread without you. I so hope all is going well with your Dad, and if your on your way home today that the weather is kind to you 🙂 the weather here didn’t eventuate, sure it’s cold and wet out side but nothing abnormal for this time of year. Great to get the rain, it’s pouring into my tank, nice to have a good size roof line 😉 Stay safe team, try to prepare warming foods for tomorrows fast, cup a soups, just add boiling water 🙂 , enjoy your evening 🙂 xxxxx

Where is everyone? You must all do very exciting things on Sundays! I’m starting to do the preparations for my trip to France; I will be flying on to join my OH after the Bette Midler concert in the UK. My older daughter will be staying home so I’m stocking up on all the non-perishables to leave her well supplied. I’ve given everywhere a good clean as well, so just a small amount of packing and a pedicure and I’m good to go!!
    Best of luck to all for the week ahead – remember the four Ps and stick to your 5:2 guns!

Lovely to hear from you Fit, yes awfully quiet. Enjoy the concert, she has a wonderful voice and vivacious personality. Nice feeling when the chores are behind you, take care CG xxxxx

Many thanks, CG. Hope you had lovely lunch with your friend and that you are able to manage on your own without putting yourself under any stress or strain. Mind yourself, xxxx

Thanks Fit, yes she arrived with take away chinese, yum, enough to do me for a few more meals too. I’m learning more through cyber space about my limitations as not many directions were given when I left hospital. Physio came two days back and filled me in on more. My op seems so far back but just checked and it’s only two weeks. I feel so good, off most of the heavy drugs, not needing them,, just nerve pain now but even that is leaving me. So basically just laying on my side or sitting for short times and walking or standing, not all that enthraeling but I’m pretty much pain free and feel so blessed. Have a great day. Don’t know where everyone is over last few days! All the best xxxxx

Hi, well I am around but not much to report. Not an exciting Sunday at all, just doing jobs and recovering from a very late night. Looking forward to fasting tomorrow.

CG, glad things are improving even more now.

Good morning team, are you ready, have you planned…it’s FAST DAY 🙂 …. YOU CAN DO THIS……..don’t let the weather be a deterrent you ARE stronger than that! Warming drinks, soups, and teas 🙂 and of course…dress for the weather, show off that new shape of yours, don’t forget that fashion scarfe … 😆 …Happy Day Team 🙂 think positive.CG xxxxxxxx

Hi team. Oh CG I’m so pleased to read that your nerve pain is gradually easing. You have had a very rough trot and it’s a credit to you that your are so positive and such a good motivator. This is my first FD for a week but already had brekkie. Lean Cuisine Malaysain Laksa Soup that is low cal and I enjoy being a basically lazy cook. I also found some of that low cal Jarra that I’m going to have today.
    Well it’s a cold southerly wind blowing and feels like its coming from Antarctica. ( probably is). This cold weather doesn’t bother me as I enjoy the four district seasons. Winter is for dressing in warm clothes and if one is lucky enough to be able to afford adequate heating it’s no big deal. Also nice bright cheery colours to elevate the mood. I love scarves too. I have far too many. Some people seem to have a knack of wearing them cleverly. I’m not one of them.
    OH and I are about to rug up and take Pepper for a walk. Have a good day team and stay positive.
    Oh by the way. I’ve decided to restrict the wine to the weekends. I’ll see if I have the will power to carry it through! I would like to see some downward movement on the scales.

Hello team! Sorry to be AWOL the last few days, busy weekend… Anyway, I am going to see this FD as to how long I can last without any calorie input. So lots of zero cal hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot lemon water etc) planned. Going to try 5:2 this way, two days of zero cal intake (actually 30 hours fast every time), 5 days of watchful intake. Disclaimer – I am NOT suggesting a new/different way of eating here, just trying to get my insulin levels down so I can completely come of medicines in the next six months, as I have already come top half way mark with weight and halved the metformin dose. 🙂
    If my weight goes down it will be soooo nice…
    But, I am not good at managing hunger pangs, so probably will keel over midway anyway 🙂

For anyone wanting to try different colour combos for outfits, I found this pin very useful :
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/163396292707890860/

And for Dawg ( and other scarf tiers…)
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/315252042637981657/
    and
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/551550285592337428/

I even saw in a shop overseas, one clever display that had a silk scarf knotted with little knots in a series and then tied like a necklace.

Lotus,, good on you and good luck, we all have to go with what works for us individually 🙂 please keep us informed but doubt It would be something I’d try 🙂
    Well, the cold is really hitting, I have both R/C’s going either end of the house, got a tradie in today, so the cold comes in each time he goes out to his truck 🙂
    Just made a cappuccino in the espresso machine, very milky, tummy not handling the drugs too well if it’s empty. Soup planned for lunch then stirfry for dinner (if I can stand long enough to do it) if not, leftover roast chicken I made an extra plate of 🙂
    Stay warm team, oh, I spoke to GG this morning, she is heading home today so we might hear tonight or tomorrow from her.

Morning all don’t know about where you are but it’s a chilly one here – 2.8 this morning, so still wearing a scarf inside & have my cuffs rolled down to cover my hands a bit. Brrr
    Nothing exciting to report except that I’m trialling again the tweaks I used last week for FD’s, so just hot drinks this morning. Lasted till 2pm last week for my HB egg for lunch. Makes it a longer fast – funny I was ALWAYS someone who could never ever go without brekky & yet here I am with 5:2 & doesn’t really bother me. 2nd tweak – going for a walk now so it DOES happen. I put it off so easily. 3rd tweak – will try to keep the cals more around the 400-450 mark if I can. 4th tweak was to drink more fluids – mostly hot today as really can’t face cold water.
    CG so glad to hear that your pain is receding esp the nerve stuff, & that the back is still pain-free. What a fabulous outcome for you. But remember……you’re still healing, so no pain does not mean that you’re better/recovered yet.
    GG hope we hear from you soon & that you’re coping with caring for your Dad. Have missed you for sure. XX
    Lotus investigator girl shall look up your links esp the scarf one.
    Dawg agree re the bright colours. I’m wearing my new bright red long tunic with my black tights & long cardy. Cheers me up. All those blacks & greys get so dreary.
    Well onto another FD all. Hope we’re all ready esp ready mentally to cope with the challenges that winter brings & our tendency to comfort eating. But we CAN do this folks even if the losses are a bit smaller. Make some tweaks, have a look at your fasting routine & see what you can change to cope with it. Yes our routines have always worked for us, & we’re well used to them, but maybe we need some calibrating!
    Have a great day all. suejen XXXX

Well said suejen enjoy your walk I envy you. lying on the couch isn’t all it’s made out to be. Typical of human nature, when we are told to do it, it’s not what we want,but it sounds perfect at other times! Anyway I’m following orders to the letter, learning to bludge, told if I drop it, leave it there, someone will turn up and pick it up! No bending twisting and esp lifting. It’s what we do all day without thought! Just getting wet washing out of the machine mmmm, so life is pretty limited. As least I’m not working up an appitite laying on the couch and with my meds, I seem to nod off quite frequently. So my fast isn’t to the letter as the meds have to be with food but portion control and food choices are now being adhered to. Stay warm team and ya to bright clothes, my outer layer is black but a lovely yellow skivvie underneath, really lifts the outfit, and bright blue slippers 🙂 at least the boys like it, no one else sees me 🙂 xxxxxx

Thanks SJ, CG. Holding to a fast until 1 pm, not feeling especially hungry yet so will wait for a bit more. Let’s see if this non-cal fast is doable 🙂
    SJ – I took a leaf out of your book and went for a walk too. Largely to avoid the food temptation in the office kitchen (lots of free food in there today…)
    CG- I have visions of you in yellow sweater and blue slippers looking ever so elegant and art deco 🙂 Can’t have you smoking, but maybe red lipstick?
    Also, I was thinking, do you like knitting /crocheting / weaving? Its what traditionally we did staying in on a winter’s day isn’t it? I don’t know, to me, that makes it all so Gothic and romantic – you know, sitting in your sun-room and weaving tapestries…Or maybe stories for all of us to enjoy 🙂

Lotus, I do crochet and knit but very awkward laying on ones side or back 🙂 I am wearing a black cari over the skivvie so not quite as gothic as your picture, only a bit of the neckline shows over the black 🙂 good luck with the fast, but don’t make yourself weak or sick xxxxxxh

Good afternoon all 🙂
    CG – so glad to hear that that nasty nerve pain is sort of undercontrol 🙂 to everyone fasting 🙂 I accidentally stuffed up so will fast tomorrow:( first day back at work and lunch was being catered for 🙁 I regret having broken my fast as I feel they were empty calories – to me it means overeating stuff I don’t really like- sigh 🙁 my posts will be pretty scant for a while but I will be lurking and posting weekends am 🙂 stay warm , healthy and happy.

Hi all, a wild and windy day here in Brisbane. I took the dog for a walk but you have to watch out for those widow maker gums, so didn’t go far.

Now nearly 3 and have only had a spoonful of cottage cheese at about 12.30. Soon to have a boiled egg. Had to rush off and help my son with something this morning so haven’t had a lot of time to think about food.

It is funny, I once had my doc say to me that I clearly wash’t depressed because I was wearing bright colours. The thing is, I do that on purpose because dull colours make me feel down. It must be an automatic self remedy.

Hi All, 2pm and I’m still managing to stick it out but it is a close run thing today because it is so cold. Went out this morning with OH (he’s on holiday this week) and so didn’t get to start housework till very late morning. I’m going to make that my exercise today – got a good book and OH has gone out to lunch with a mate so I’m freeeee! Will hang out for soup til my usual 3 – 3:30 but Lotus, would find it so hard to do what you are trying. Hope it does what you are wanting but as CG says, don’t get too weak or sick. We need ya kid on here sparking on all fours 🙂
    Up I didn’t get to meet my grandfather because of one of those widow maker gums.
    Taco, having withdrawals. No posts til the weekend 🙁 Good that it doesn’t matter about mucking up fasts. Tomorrow …..
    Tweaking SJ tweaking 🙂
    Dawg got my ‘horse blanket’ jacket out. Had it for years and as it is a bright fushia/watermelon colour it fits your happy bill. Might be getting on a bit but so warm. Think about how long I’ve had it each spring but end up washing it and putting it away “just in case”. So glad I do.
    CG happy that the nerve pain is gradually decreasing and I find milk a great leveller for my tum when I have to take meds too. Don’t worry about the cal count for that, its necessary.
    Nearly soup time and my book is calling. YY xx

Hi All,
    Good to see so many of you back posting again. Fast day for me today and badly needed….had a bit of a chocolate binge over the weekend……it was bound to happen sooner or later; missing my OH and dog who have been gone nearly a week now. I sent my scales on ahead to France with him, so have no idea how much damage I’ve done. Not looking forward to weighing in when I get there on Friday.
    CG – it must be very frustrating for you to be lying around when it’s obvious you are an active, energetic kind of gal. Do you have a high stool you could use while doing the cooking? I used to use one in the classroom all the time because I had back trouble and couldn’t stand for long. So I used to move the high stool around the classroom from group to group or wherever I needed to be – it was a lifesaver.
    Dawg – agree with you about the scarves and bright colours; little touches and accessories can transform an outfit. Lotus, as usual you come up trumps with the research; will check out your links as soon as I finish here, thanks for the help! Best of luck with insulin levels.
    SJ – good luck with your tweaks, definitely lots of fluids are a great help and can only be good for the system.
    Taco – sympathize with you on breaking your fast, I was planning to fast yesterday but completely lost the plot as the day went on and by evening I was a stuffed blob!
    Up – you’ll have to translate for this northern hemispherite – ‘widow maker gums’ ???? Are they gum trees that come down in the wind? Take care if they are.
    YY – enjoy your ‘me’ time with the good book, I love to curl up with a good book and have no interruptions….make the most of it!
    GG – safe travel and lots of love and best wishes to you and your dad. You are in my thoughts alot xx.
    FB – hope you’re going to stick with us. Your story and photos have been a big inspiration and incentive to me to stick with this wol and also the planned grand reunion was inspired by your get together with CG, GG and Andrew, so I’m hoping you’ll be part of it all next year.
    Have a great week everyone 🙂

Hi Fit, just briefly checking in before getting our dinner. OH is feeding the cat and it turns into a real love fest!
    Widowmaker gum trees are lovely trees that can be quite lofty but have a nasty habit of suddenly dropping a branch and as they are tall the branches shed may be large. This happened to my grandfather many years ago unfortunately and he was too far away from help to recover.
    Your time away sounds great and just what the doctor ordered. Enjoy! YY xx

Lovely post Fit as usual, yes, I have a kitchen stool which my physio asked me to get at the original appointments ordered by the surgeon pre op. I’m using mainly frozen veg and quick cook things since Chris left, plenty of soups in the freezer etc. tonight leftover Chinese that girlfriend bought for lunch yesterday, so I’ll manage but apprecialte the suggestion. It wouldn’t hurt me to miss the odd meal, I feel so damn bloated, just sitting or laying around! Oh well, just so worth it for me so if I put on a few K’s 5:2 will take care of that when I’m up and around. Have a lovely day Fit and evening team, don’t beat yourself up if your a bit over your fasting cals, it will not make much difference xxxxxxx

Hello! I am back home after a difficult although grateful time of caring for my Dad. It was 15 days that I will hold so precious in my heart and memories always. Dad continuous to hold his own. The piece of string remains long……its end somewhere.
    I did several 12hr fasts… but needed the food for fuel at the end of the day/night.
    Thank you all for you loving caring thoughts and wishes. You all gave me a good laugh when at times it was tough going.
    I know our thread has been a place where we have voiced the ups and downs of our lives. The reasons we struggled with weight and health issues were brought on by the stress and other emotions we in counted . 5:2 brought us together to gain better knowledge to health and a WOE to make us feel incharge of our bodies allowing us to become strong and confident.
    Look back over the past 5,6,7 mths of doing 5:2… You have all seen and felt the changes of this WOL because you wanted to feel different.
    This is our family. and we are all sitting at the table discussing issues that effect us…… This is why AUSSIE DETERMINATION is so UNIQUE …. The base of it is and always will be 5:2………..GO GAL

GG you’re back – how lovely to “see” you here! Yes you’ll have plenty of precious memories to store away in your heart for future times. And most definitely the base of our forum & friendship is and will always be 5:2.
    Lotus love the romantic, gothic picture you paint of CG in yellow sweater & blue slippers & red lipstick….even if it’s not true!! Sounds great.
    Well I had a great FD & ended up at 369 or similar, so decided I had enough left to have one slice of raisin toast & a little butter. But then it was so damn good that… I promptly had another slice with butter & have ended up at 623 instead!! Oh well it was nearly a great fast day. The weather here today has been bitterly cold – that’s my excuse & I’m sticking to it.
    I ordered some short boots from my Ziera store on sale last week & they arrived today – $329 reduced to $149. They’re gorgeous & I can even fit my orthotics in them. So comfy even on day one! I might live in them all winter!!
    Lotus really like the pinterest one on colour matching – very helpful. Ta
    Up Fit & YY I hadn’t heard of widowmaker gumtrees either – maybe an east coast term? But we have plenty of gums on our block & one fell onto the house 18 months ago. Lots of damage to our bathroom & 2 bedrooms. I should say HAD actually because we went ahead & took out all the gums that were too close to the house. Still have the back of the block with natural bush. Well enuf ramble from me. Hope your FD’s were a bit more successful than mine?! Never mind suejen XXX

Welcome back GG, really glad you made it home safely in that awful weather. I totally agree with all you say,we are under the banner of “encourage and support” and it may not always be 5:2 we discuss but as family, we are there for each other no matter what the issues, to have a laugh or offer a shoulder, and if it weren’t for 5:2 we would never have met. We all get and have received a lot from our thread, some may out grow us with time, others feel they can manage without our support or leave for many reasons or just move on, and we also get new members needing our help but the base of our thread is still the strength of our team made up of individuals which gives us the support and encouragement to handle 5:2….on the good and not so good times,and to offer suggestions and share experiences that worked for them. Keep up the good work team, it’s appreciated by all. 🙂 xxx

Good evening team! And of course good morning to you dear Fit! A big hug to GG too. I know how it feels … Special, bitter-sweet…
    I have report success on day 1 of (almost) zero cal fast – I had one of those 30 cal soups at about 3 pm, before a meeting as my tum was getting a vocal. Ahem. Actually found it really easy to do, with added benefit of no planning food for FD. Found it difficult to watch Masterchef though so walked away from telly 😉
    I didn’t feel weak at all, but have had a magnesium tablet to get sleep (and not get leg cramps!!)
    Fit – have a lovely time France. You deserve some time out. Make the most of it…
    Taco dear – falling down is not failing. Not getting up is. You clearly are a bounce-backer (couldn’t call you a bouncer, could I lol) I actually walked out at lunchtime to avoid a catered lunch, so I can feel your pain…
    UpT – I love your self cure for depression. I read blogpost of this woman who moved to New York, wore all black a few years (coz that’s what the locals wear she thought!), ended up having depression and came back to colour…

Well done Lotus, be interesting to see if the scales appreciate your effort 🙂
    “You don’t have to be better than anyone else, just need to be better than you used to be 🙂
    Have a lovely evening team xxxxx

SJ – glad I could with the Pinterest board, I have also started one for combining my limited wardrobe into interesting outfits. At least helps me buy less!!
    I don’t think 623 cals is a high tally at all, we have burnt at least 200 extra cals on shivers this winter!! Well done for sticking with it 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 6,801 through 6,850 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.