Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,801 through 5,850 (of 14,786 total)

• CG I’m having a giggle about your Mum having a plague in her kitchen – wonder what sort?! Picturing rats & mice or??? Guess it was a plaque – at least think that’s how you spell it. XX

Lotus, you know that I want to hug you right? I have been wanting to have miso soup so bad (don’t know why, it just sounds too good..lol) and now I know how to get a vegetarian friendly version. I was right you ARE Masterchef… (For me you surely are πŸ™‚ )

SJ, so glad that you are feeling very positive. Your friend is such a gem to have. Hope you enjoy ur dinner.
    Fit
    And yes, congrats for the losses Doggy & Sj

And CG here’s a picture of me that I was talking about.
    Ladies, i told CG about my new leather look pants in two sizes smaller than my last one (same brand , same style- this waS just 2 sizes smaller than my last one) and how good it felt.
    CG wanted me to post it here.
    As i mentioned before, i am stuck at this weight since I came back from my holidays, however, I have lost a whole dress size while no movement on scales since April
     photo 7B42AFFC-40BC-4B39-9BD9-59D93FCEFB43.jpg

FB you look magic, we are all just so proud of you….and lovely to speak to you earlier xxx

Suejen, yes I spelt plaque (as in wall plaque)

FB you look stunning…..lost for words really!!! XXX Go girl. See things are happening inside & outside..even if the scales won’t play nice.

FB, you look, once again I will say it, bloody fabulous, awesome, fantastic etc etc. Love the boots as well.

Have a great weekend everyone.

PS, I have been really good today, only chicken and lettuce and mandarin for lunch and 2 x corn thins. Happy πŸ™‚

WOW! You look soooo glamorous FB! You are going to be our cover girl in the photo shoot next year! πŸ™‚

And you are very welcome regarding recipe, I am constantly tweaking recipes to make them vegetarian friendly (we make vegetarian food at home and also everyone at home apart from me is squeamish on anything to do with seafood!)

CG, SJ, Diip & Lotus….. all your beautiful words are so comforting.
    That definitely boosts my confidence.
    I'm blushing

Told you FB, not only do you look beautiful but it helps give the team insensitive xxxx

It has gotten so cold here, just back from feeding my sheep, I’m in trackies and my “huggy bear” cardigan now, just love the warmth, very old but faithful! Going to be a cuddly night πŸ™‚ ….well for me and my cardi anyway πŸ™ oh well I’m happy xx

Hi FB

you are gorgeous. Wish Id found this WOE when I was younger, pounds lost seem to equate with lines gained on the face now.

Youve given me such a boost this morning, thank you!!!

HI ……I’m PISSED had a REALLY S>>T DAY. Fasted all day … guess where the SAV has gone. Will post tomorrow when I am coherent LOL 3 down 2 to go….. HIC HIc HIC …me that GO GAL ….. it was really S!!T!!!!!!!

Hope you feel better tomorrow GG πŸ˜‰

Hi All!
    Doggy – great loss, it all counts; slow and steady wins the race! I’ve given up on the weather here, still wearing more or less the same clothes I wore all winter – no fun!
    CG – glad you’re listening to your body and getting some much needed rest – I’m sure your travels and concerns re op are catching up with you. Still, the job you did on all those shower products is all worthwhile, it’s so easy for the clutter to build up; well done! I agree that living on the edge of Europe has its advantages, but the range and variety of beautiful landscapes in Oz are breathtaking…and I saw only a very small part on my previous visit. When I read of people tackling snakes, deadly spiders, finding wallabies and kangaroos…I just can’t get my head around how exotic it all sounds. We are all so lucky in different ways.
    SJ – how wonderfully upbeat and positive you sound. Fantastic losses to date! So glad you have understanding friends to lean on and getting out walking is brilliant for body and mind; go you! πŸ™‚
    Lotus – you’re so creative with all these dishes, I’m almost tempted to try some cooking myself! But if you knew how bad I am in the kitchen, you’d laugh your socks off at that idea πŸ˜†
    Have decided to give myself a break from fasting this week, as for some reason I felt under pressure to keep fasting and losing. Instead, I have found it easier to stay reasonably well below TDEE each day and I have lost one of the kg I put up over last weekend. The idea that I can do this at my own pace and that there is not a gun to my head, that I can hit the ‘pause’ button for a while to regroup has made a big difference to my state of mind and I am feeling much more positive and in control of my emotions and my eating now. This is another reason why this wol works and one I will remember if I hit a sticky patch in the future.
    Have a brilliant weekend everyone – appreciate your surroundings and the people you love (including yourself!). πŸ™‚

Milena, lines on our face equal to wisdom!! Yes. I too wish I had found this earlier, but now we have, we are all going to do better πŸ™‚

Oh Fit! Wonderful post, and glad you are in a better place today…
    And your OH is a chef – WHY would you cook? πŸ˜‰

Oops – just wrote my post when I finished reading the previous page, so I missed all the above posts 😳
    FB – you look absolutely stunning!! So stylish as well as slim….hope DrM is checking in to see our gorgeous poster girl πŸ™‚
    Milena – it’s a shame that wrinkles set in with weight loss but a little make-up, nice outfit, big smile and people don’t notice as much as we think…and it’s alot better than carrying surplus weight.
    GG – sorry to hear you had a bad day and hoping you’re back on track now xx

Lotus – there we go, crossing each other again πŸ˜† Yes, I’m a lucky girl!

Thanks Fit
    Oh Milena, thanks heaps. I was not posting the picture as I was too embarrassed but CG got me to do it.
    But honestly, if This gave a boost to you or any incentive to anyone, i will consider myself very lucky to be able to make a wee bit of difference.
    Milena, believe me your words really touched my heart. and those lines are proof of our better experiences, lets carry them with pride πŸ˜‰

GG hope that Sav is making you feel better. Enjoy the weekend gang. I will be off to work tomorrow as well.
    So, c you all tomorrow…. Nity nite
    CG, enjoy ur cuddles πŸ™‚

FB – you look stunning! πŸ™‚ wow

Oh my! There is so much going on! GG and country girl you both look fantastic! I love that skirt GG πŸ™‚ I can’t wait till I can fit into a pencil skirt! I have a lot of reading/catching up to do but my eyes are failing πŸ™ I’ll talk to you all tomorrow xx

CG – I just noticed you have a date for your operation , that is great, let the countdown begin πŸ™‚ pain free days are on their way πŸ™‚

Fit, I understand exactly where you are coming from pressing the pause button. As easy as 5:2 is, we are still aware of what we eat constantly. Even with wise choices we know we are following a diet as such. Good luck and don’t be hard on yourself. I doubt your food choices will change much because you feel so much better with healthy choices but the two fast days are a gun at our heads. You are at goal weight so just portion control is the key. Have a lovely holiday and feel free in the up and coming weeks. Stay with us as contact is important to us all, and we’d miss you too much anyway πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Plus Fit, we are all still waiting for a photo! πŸ™‚

By the way, it’s time our wandering minstrel came back to us, Andrew, are you back from Broom yet? Xxxxxx

An article on MFP. Highly recommended article. I’d say a must read:-
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/forget-the-scale-theres-a-better-way-to-measure-success/?native_client=1

Thanks Taco ☺️

Hi FB, not giving up without a fight!

Saved so much doing the fast beach diet for six weeks, no wine and no goodies, that hubby splashed out for mountains of creams – actually not mountains, lacome cream at Β£65 a jar, it was a jar and a bag of mini creams, and a heap of freebies. Best thing was the girl said Iooked 43, even though I know she was lying through her teeth, that’s 15 years less than I am and they generally take off ten years!!!

Just three days to go and I can have a glass of wine! Counting the minutes. Saddo that I am.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Very nice article FB! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Hi. Lotus

The penny drops, until not too long ago, thanks to a lifetime of moisturizing, not to many lines.

Everyone has always thought me an airhead.

Though that hasn’t changed, I need to meet new people, now that I’m a wise old woman!!!!

Hi Fit

That’s a thought, some new make up will cheer me up, luckily my OH is brilliant to take shopping, he is the only man I know who knows the words forall the make up items in French. Wonder if I persuade him to take me to Paris for a couple of days????

Hah Milena!! You don’t sound like an airhead at all!!!
    Also, I have discovered the best makeup seems to high spectrum sunscreen- so I use revlon BB cream with SPF30 (about $20 in Australia) and my skin has improved in the last year or so.its a tinted moisturiser and foundation rolled into one, I think the sun was bringing out all the splotches and age spots πŸ™
    happily that seems to be fading now…

Hi ladies,

Honestly I try to avoid spending a fortune on cosmetics and start with eating well to prevent aging. I know it sounds a bit old school but I think this is the base. I tend to eat less meat and more beans, soy, and nuts. While your genes play a role in aging, your diet also makes a big difference. Healthy foods can not only ward off disease, but they can also help fight wrinkles. Check it article on my page: http://www.facebook.com/officialfatburningkitchen

Cheers,

G.

FB, you look fabulous!

Milena, I know what you mean. I have found a whole load of other things to complain about now! Well not really, but my upper arms and just above the knee are wrinklier!

Everyone else, I have read and enjoyed your posts but have a memory like a sieve.

So I am just about to start the most challenging part of this trip. We are leaving our apartment and travelling briefly in Canada and mostly in Europe for a month before we come home. That means after next Thursday, every meal will be made by someone else (OK, I admit that part sounds more than good).And there will be wine…. I do not in a million years expect to be able to lose any more until July now but my aim is to remain at this weight which I am pleased to say is pretty good today.

So here are the stats.

First my husband. He has lost 5 kilos in 4 weeks. He has another 5 to go to get to his goal weight.

Now me. Today I am 65.4 kilos which means that since mid November last year, I have lost

I have had a thought this morning though. My husband was removing old photos to make room on his phone after downloading which reminded me that he must have old pics on his computer. He has just gone to work but tonight I am going to look. I think this is the perfect time to do before an after as there won’t be much more happening for a while. Cheers.

Team, not sure of this post by gohealthy….I think it’s an ad….. I haven’t opened the link so be weary. Xxx

Gohealthy

The right attitude, of course. I’ve been lucky with my skin, in spite of the rubbish Ive eaten over the years, but my Nana and aunts always said wash the muck off before bed and moisturise, so I always have.

Was an oil of Olay gal when it was oil of Ulay. Glycerine, as well, and I take evening primrose oil – though that’s because I’ve always given it to my cats, their fur is astonishing, so I use it. Maybe I am an airhead!

As I used make up every work day, always, Lancome, Dior and Channel, there is NOTHING nicer than Dior eyeshadow. I still use one I’ve had for twenty years. Started when a french girl moved next door and I took lots of holidays at her home in France. Still remember her mum’s bathroom – more cosmetics and cream than a medium branch of boots. I think it’s in their DNA.

Now I work from home, I don’t own any foundation, so Lotus, will check out the Revlon.

I used to go out with a guy who was a diplomat, he was also a Leiutenant Colonel in the USAF. He went to the airbase in Cambridge lots, always brought me bucketloads of Revlon stuff back, used to buy it at ridiculously low prices in the shops on site.

I seem to be attracted to men who buy me cosmetics!!!!!

CG – you are spot on about portion control and I know my eating habits have changed for the better since starting 5:2. I am keeping my eye on MFP as well so that I don’t leave things to chance or stray too far from the path!! I will not be going away for a few weeks yet so you won’t be getting rid of me that easily πŸ˜‰ However, when I do go to France, it will be very hard to check in at all because the internet coverage where we are is abysmal! Thank you for saying I’d be missed; but it’s me who would miss all you wonderful people so I have no intention of disappearing from this thread. I’m afraid I’m absolutely useless with technology so I have no idea how to get a photo from my phone onto this site. I have no old photos but would be glad to send current one if I knew how!
    FB – thanks for the link, very interesting article and so true.
    Milena, Lotus – with my fair Irish skin, I have been using factor 30+ sunscreen for years, but I did alot of stupid sun worshipping in my youth so I have more than my share of lines and wrinkles. Upt – not even going to mention bingo wings…too depressing πŸ˜₯ But at least I am keeping myself safe now from skin cancer and I have drummed it into my girls to wear sun screen at the first glimpse of sunlight.
    Milena – very impressive to have men who know their way around a make-up counter! I am addicted to MAC products especially eye shadow and lipsticks.
    P.S. Upt – fantastic loss to date, your trip sounds amazing, enjoy every minute of it!

Hi Fit

My hubby has the fair Celtic skin too, son takes after his great grandad, a slab, w both have the brown eyes.

Burnt for the first and only time in that hot summer of 76, though it was only my shoulders, golowing year went to France, got ridiculed for my huge sun hat and timing ten minutes a day sunbathing every day.

They stopped laughing when some of the others were hospitalized with burns, and that was in the days of topless sunbathing. I shudder when I remember.

I forgot to say before that I use Clinique CC cream. It is like a BB but more colour correcting as I have some redness. It is moisturising and SPF 30. Gives some coverage without looking like I am wearing foundation which rarely agrees with my older skin and seems to make lines more noticeable etc.

I too have so much sun damage, hence the melanoma.
    Fit, are Mac products very expensive where you are? I have to buy them while I am here for my daughter. She loves their foundation but what costs $50 in Aus, costs $20 here.

Hi Up – I have tried various BB and CC creams but find they are either too white or if tinted, they all end up leaving me looking too shiny after a few hours. I’m trying a new matte cream now called Image – quite expensive but seems to be doing the trick. MAC would be considered fairly expensive here – a lipstick is about 18 or twenty euro, I think that’s about 25 to 30 Oz dollars. But I just love the quality and they last well.

The Ruby Red ( I think it’s called that) lipstick by MAC, is one of my favs.
    With my Indian skin, I don’t burn or tan, but do get breakouts, age spots and weird blotchiness, all which seems to translate to tired, older looking skin nowadays. So I tried various (more expensive) CC creams, foundations (don’t like foundations!) and BB creams, they are all shiny and sticky in various degrees. Revlon Photo Ready ( the bb cream I was talking about) is the closest to foundation without being too pancakey.
    Milena, I love Dior eyeshadow!! And, the ones that buy you make-up are the best kinds to go out with πŸ˜‰
    For, Have to check out Image if available in Oz… Is it SPF 30+?

UpT – congrats on the amazing weight loss on you and OH!! Well done!

Check out this link on make-up:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/420875527649483597/

Thanks for the link, Lotus – the cream is called Image prevention+, daily matte moisturiser oil free. It’s strangely 32+ spf; both UVA/UVB protection which is very important. It looks quite white going on but blends in quickly and feels nice on the skin.

Thanks Fit, will look for it here.

Good Morning Gang
    Early Saturday post from me as I am headed to work.
    My weigh in news. Well, I was 69.8 last week n stepped on scales, still 69.8.
    I stepped on scales atleast 10 times to see a different reading, hoping for even 100 grams loss….Na Da…. LOL
    I was hoping for a loss as I was very strict this week, ate under TDEE on non fast days and fasted 3 days. Well, well… Looking forward to another week now.
    Also, how can I forget the article that I posted on exactly same issue last night…. Ha ha ha

Upt, you have done soooo well, just enjoy the rest of the month. Congratulations on OH’s loss too!

And wat a nice topic:- Make up… I am a total MAC fan too. I have a lot of red spots on face and nothing covers them. Then I tried MAC’s studio fix powder. No cream no foundation just powder n it gives me perfect coverage everytime.
    Also, I have been using it for 4 years now. Every other damn brand that i used (dior, chanel, estee lauder, clinique) gave me horrible breakouts. But MAC , is just perfect. Now I use MAC BB cream under my powder as a base whenever i have to use foundation, n its so light n perfect.
    Milena, my OH is also very enthusiastic make up buyer for me. Love him for that. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Lotus, i am definitely going to check out Ruby Red lipstick…

Hi. Lotus

You are right, these men are princes – though some of the frogs were fun too!!!!!!

Anyone not using touche eclat, ref your skin Lotus, they now do it in a number of shades, used to be just one. Marvellous stuff.

OH bought my new creams when he worked out we had saved at least Β£150 in six weeks by missing out wine and treats for six weeks of the Fast Beach diet. Definitely don’t have a beach body, but final weigh in Monday.

Lotus/FB – MAC does a fabulous red lippy called Viva Glam 1. When I, very rarely, wear foundation I love their mineral powder one because it is very light and allows your skin to breathe.
    Milena – how sweet and thoughtful of your OH – he sounds like one in a million! Good luck with the weigh-in.

Morning… I am bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning after sleeping very well…no hangover. The Sav had ice in it, so I had 4 200ml wine glasses of Sav & ice enough thou to make me giggley.
    MILENA- I had your wine for you!
    The thread was busy yesterday.
    Well done to all of you on your weigh in.
    FB- You are our “POSTER GIRL” you look amazing. Thanks for the link ….so true
    UP- llkgs gone… well done
    Hope you all have a great day ……..GO GAL

Milena, FB – I have to copy “study notes” for my OH now – I got a new Rangehood for the kitchen!! LOL

Viewing 50 posts - 5,801 through 5,850 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.