Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,751 through 5,800 (of 14,786 total)

• So agree GG, what a positive attitude you have, you go girl 🙂 luv ya xxxx

LOVE YA BACK CG……GO GAL

LOL… Having said that I will do a B2B again after tomorrow .I realised how frivolous that comment may have sounded.I will possible end up with egg on my face , cos it may be harder than I think to lose the kgs…..LOL (at myself)….GO GAL

But you’re so right, GG; there are bigger issues out there to be worried about than a couple of kilos. I’m not going through health scare or battle and neither is anyone in my family; so I’m putting my self pity aside and getting through loads more ironing and housework!!! Thank you all again for helping me to put things in perspective – I truly would be lost without you gals 🙂

Fit, glad your back on track. We ARE here for each other, we all have our ups and downs because we are human. Just happened to be your turn today with FB 🙂 you are such a rock for us all and even rocks feel the weight some times. So don’t beat yourself up, count your blessings, which you have so many of, and after you finish ironing, run yourself a bubble bath 🙂 sound good?
    GG, you are a B2B champ so don’t sweat the small stuff, enjoy your day and the worth while cause, I doubt you will gain, you are in too much control 🙂
    Enjoy your evening team, nighty nite xxx

Such a lovely, lively bunch you all are 😉
    And glamorous too, to boot!!
    Nightie night team 🙂

Ladies, you look fabulous!
    I am on track so far this week and looking forward to Friday’s weigh in.

Meanwhile my husband is looking great, the weight seems to be falling off him, which is enough motivation to keep him going. I will put up his stats on Friday too as I can’t remember them now and he isn’t here. People will really notice the difference when we get home.
    He has had a headache for a few days and hard to determine what is causing it. He says it reminds him of caffeine withdrawal but he is having one coffee a day. Plus he has been doing this for a month now. He thinks his body is reacting to a lack of all the things he loves! However, I have reminded him that this is not forever, he will be at goal weight soon at this rate! I am hoping that he will be happy to go 6/1 when the time comes so that he can start eating more of his favourite carbs every other day.

We had a healthy non fast day dinner last night of salmon fillet and salad. I added a bit of gorgonzola and some oil in the dressing to make it taste better and he is learning to like salads more. Followed that up with large serves of fresh mixed berries, so cheap here, in a bit of balsamic and black raspberry ice cream.
    I refuse to miss out on these opportunities for different foods while here. A black raspberry is an actual fruit though I have yet to see a fresh one. Some people think they are blackberries but they are not. The salmon here is a lot cheaper but not as flavoursome as we have at home. This is something I find with all the seafood here.
    Anyway, the bugger has lost more weight overnight! I have stayed exactly the same which I am happy with as I am not moving much at all at the moment, about 3,000 steps per day which is more than pathetic! I can’t help it, I have to weigh myself each day…..

He has requested pork fillet and vegetables tonight. That is another thing which is cheaper over here. I must say however, that we haven’t had lamb at all since being here,nor a roast of any description. Looking forward to both these when home, and real pumpkin of course. I am cooking pretty much plain jane these days to keep it healthy and also because I don’t have all the spices etc here. We move on in a week, so packing up soon.

Tomorrow is fast day and will be steak and salad as always. We have it twice a week now that he is doing this WOL and I am happy enough if it keeps him happy.

Good grief, I can rabbit on, sorry!

One last thing, another non fast meal I make is a form of chilli but without beans etc. It is basically sweated onion, shortcut bacon, carrot, and celery to which I add browned lean mince, chicken stock and some kind of tex mex taco mix. There are a lot of the vegetables in it. Just before serving, I add a spoonful of unsweetened cocoa which makes all the difference. Ideally, I would add beer and brown sugar but am holding off till we lose a bit more. Serve as is with some greek yoghurt. My husband loves it and he really doesn’t like vegetables as a rule. I bet kids would like this too.

Have a great day!

Oh, and garlic!

Great work on the losses for your OH Uptight, The kudos goes to you, as you are working so creatively to give tasty nourishing and making it easier for him 🙂 also, I want to try the chilli bean recipe. It sounds yummy! Could you post a recipe on the recipe thread? A rough one even, and by unsweetened cocoa – is it a block choc or powder? Where would I find it?

Good morning team. What a great post Upt, you have adjusted well to your new surrounds with food and wow, your OH is another success story. Men do seem to lose easier (male metabolism) and you have managed so well in a not too easy situation at times.
    Fast day for most of us today then weigh in tomorrow. This week has flown by so quickly. The bebefits out weigh any negatives with our fast so hang in there, we have had a dramatic change in weather which does affect our appitites. Try to stick with soups, low cal, warming and filling. Yes we miss a crunchy roll or toast with it but can handle it for ONE day. Steamed fish and veg is an easy dinner or stirfry with some tofu is an easy stand by for dinner. I know I don’t drink enough water this time of year so really need to make a conscious effort to do so. Tea or coffee does help for warmth and it is still fluids.
    Be kind to yourself team our fast is FOR YOU and your wellbeing, try to stay busy and not obsess about food, use all your tricks to stay away from temptations and remember you can have it tomorrow 🙂 Good intentions don’t work unless you stick to your guns so happy day to you all, this time tomorrow you will be glad you didn’t weaken 🙂 xxxxxx

Ok, Lotus, it is a bit weird but what happened was that I had intended to make a recipe I cook a lot at home for Hearty Lentil, Vegetable and Bacon soup. It is a good one, my whole family loves it and it is healthy. I use shortcut bacon.

http://food.ninemsn.com.au/recipes/ibacon/8350446/hearty-bacon-lentil-and-vegetable-soup

So, this particular day, I had everything except the lentils so at the last minute, browned a packet, (500gms I guess), of extra lean mince and added a pkt of Tex Mex taco seasoning. I am not sure whether we can get it at home, but I’m sure you could substitute something similar. And I think I threw in a can of chopped tomatoes, crushed would be better. Just before serving I added a large spoonful of American baking cocoa which I guess is just our cocoa powder, not drinking chocolate. I only have small spoons so couldn’t measure, I just made it up.
    Top with greek or plain yoghurt. Ghobani(?) yoghurt which we can now get in Australia, tastes like sour cream, so I would recommend that.

I have no measurements if you wanted to add the brown sugar and beer, I just know that they are often included in chilli recipes. I guess they usually have beans of some sort too but I was trying to make a low carb version.

Hope this makes sense! I have made it since a couple of times but with less measuring. It seems to work out OK anyway. My husband has requested that I remember how I made this when we get home!

I often double the soup recipe, and I wouldn’t be afraid to add more veg to the chili if you think it is meat heavy.

Good Morning Gang
    Fit, happy that you are feeling better. Well, chores will definitely help you to forget about the moods. (Hopefully)
    I am feeling a little more better today. Still not 100%, but will get there.
    Upt, well done gal, you have proved that “Behind every successful man, there’s a woman”. I agree that men have fast metabolism, however your creative cooking should not go unnoticed 😉 So, congratulations!!!

I fasted yesterday, and despite feeling like S***t, I was able to hold the fort and finished the fast day at 590 cals. Yes, went 90 cals over because I wanted something sweet to feel better and could not resist juicy grapes looking at me when I opened up the fridge. But, I feel better that I went over in cals with grapes and not some nasty sugary cake pops….

Not fasting today, but will be aiming to do 4:3 this week, so plan to fast tomorrow.
    All those fasting today, stay calm and remember, you have done it in past and YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!

GG, enjoy your morning tea! It’s all for a good cause, so go for it 😉

FB

What a beautiful day .Those that are fasting today hope the day goes well for you!
    UP- thanks for your great post. Lucky OH …I am sure men have a faster matabolism than women as CG said.My OH during “STATE OF ORIGIN” last night had a pkt chips followed by fruit toast and Jarra hot chocolate. I swear he has hollow legs and this was after a roast!
    Did you know its week 36 of our 5:2 WOL! In 16 weeks it will be 12mths for most of us. Think back to when you first began and now look how far you have come and have achieved to become a more healthier confident individual. Sure the barriers of plateaus and life’s hic ups have made us feel like giving up BUT you have overcome them and fought hard with YOUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION. Be proud!
    Off to my morning tea…..will that control that CG mentioned that I have work Hmmmmm.
    Have an awesome day… let the sunshine in to make these BLUES go away. YOU CAN DO THIS…….YOU ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION….show em what you’ve got!!!!….GO GAL XXXXX

GG/FB – Thank you for the wise and kind words, I certainly will not be giving up. In saying that, we are having a morning tea for the tenants today (FD) oh and what did I order, sausage rolls, my fave. Oh well I will be doing a 5:1.5 this week as am out all weekend with friends. Next week will be a 4:3.

GG – I will let my mum know 🙂

Have a great day all

XX

Uptight, thanks for the recipe. Yes, it all makes sense to me, will try it at home amd post results and recipe so you havean Aussie version to tweak when you get home 🙂
    Fit – congrats on completing your fast!!! Good girl 🙂
    DiiP – mmm sausage rolls. Oh well, 5.1.5 sounds good under the circumstances 😉
    GG, CG – good morning to you too 🙂
    Happy fasting, team!!
    xx Lotus

Morning lovely ladies. Well today better be a jolly good FD as I blew it yesterday with a new recipe. I’ve always wanted to make my own pizza from scratch inc the base. And I had a greek chicken & pesto topping from the same lady I follow a bit in the USA. However I didn’t use my noodle to adjust the recipe (Lotus I told you that I follow recipes blindly to the letter!). Well I reckon it was a VERY over-the-top american recipe (UP you’ll know what I mean). The base probly could have made 2, and the topping was so cheesy that it wasn’t nice at all. Almost made me ill. So today I’m up 1/2 a kilo. However I’m taking some pluses out of it – the base was nice & easy & next time I’ll roll it into 2 to try it again; the frugal basil pesto for the topping was really nice & I usually don’t like pesto (made with sunflower seeds rather than pinenuts). Plus it makes some for the freezer too (just put in a glass jar & cover with a little oil). If I’d adjusted it the pizza could have been nice…oh well.
    FD today ladies are we all ready. I got off to a bad start as the lady who brought me the coffee that got peed on by a dog the other day! bought me another to compensate. And I drank half before remembering Whoops it’s a FD! So tonight’s dinner will be a different recipe than planned with less cals. Never mind we’ve all got pretty good now at adjusting things to work with 5:2 haven’t we. It can be done & we all prove that every week. Have a good day all and stay strong no matter what your feelings are….just grit it out with your aussie determination. suejen XX

Hi team. It’s not yet midday and I’ve had a crappy day. This morning while out for our early morning walk we came across an injured wallaby. We could see it at first as it was in the bush at the side of the road. It’s has taken me hours to find someone who does wildlife rescue but thankfully I’ve succeeded and the poor creature has been attended to. I felt so helpless. Injured humans I can help but I’m not trained for animals.
    Then a trip to the dentist. Why do they always have such large hands? I feel as though my jaw is almost dislocated. Then in their wisdom, our local council is doing some roadwork. This involves a detour over a dreadful gravel road for about 15 Ks. We’ve had overnight rain and the road is like a mudslide. Then there is invariably some single brain cell driver who was tailgating me. OK rant over.
    FD here too. Meals all planned for. It’s cold and wet and I’d love a slice or two of toast with some soup for lunch but will resist the temptation. JUST FOR TODAY. I’ve not weighed myself this week but still felling upbeat and positive.
    XX Doggy

Doggy – hope your day gets better from now on 🙁

Team, I bought these soups today from Woolies – All natural Tom Yum Soup (65 calories) and All Natural Wonton soup (45 calories, there seems to be a couple of chicken and leek wontons in it). They were on special at $1.60 each. Seems to be great value, haven’t tried it yet, but seems good for an FD (mine tomorrow).

Soup photo Soup Image_zpswxrgfjbs.jpg

Hey DOGGY- this will put a smile on your face for sure.
    Our little community raised $4600+ at our BIGGEST MORNING TEA. So many of this community have lost or are dealing with the cruel journey that cancer takes one on. It was an outstanding amount to have raised.
    My control held until the “NEW YORK BAKED CHEESE CAKE” came out GGGGGOOOONNNNEEEE went the control! FB was on par with Bertellies in MYER
    Thanks LOTUS for another excellent find for a FD.
    SMILE SMILE SMILE…….GO GAL xxxxxxx

Hi team, poor Doggy, some days we wonder why we get out of bed, cheer up it can only get better.
    Lotus, great tip with the soup and very handy, even for an evening meal especially if things went A up through the day
    Suejen the coffee wont do much damage, I make two latte at home in my espresso machine on FD and they are filling and I count the skim milk in my intake, being in dairy country, I still believe milk is a big white vitamine drink 🙂 … (Not to mention butter hay GG) she has seen what I’m like with butter! The pizza sounds yum but as much as I love cheese I know it can be to over the top and there is no pleasure in greesy fatty rubber! But great idea to halve the recipe to make two. You can also do your own toppings if you like the base, prawns etc?
    DiiP, mmmm, sausage rolls yum, grab a few and have them tomorrow 🙂 instead!
    FB I hope the mood is lifting, I have no idea about the planets/stars but something is off, I am so over tired but unable to go off, I think it was Raven who said the stars aren’t haning right, I wish they’d get their act together I’m so bloody tired. Could be your problem to FB, planets just are’t aligned?
    Upt, I checked out the soup recipe, definately will try that one, thankyou 🙂
    GG, I so hope you enjoyed your tea out with friends, I’m sure you would have lightened the day just by turning up 🙂 your smile is uplifting and contagous so anyone affect with this rotten disease would forget their troubles for a short time just being in your company 🙂 xx
    When I was on my way home from Melbourne, I pass a garden statue nursery and often stop for a look. I have bought quite a bit from him including things for my huge fish pond..fountains etc. he had a lovely water feature of two children looking into a bird bath, they hang on the edge standing on tip toe, it has a lilly pad with a frog on it, the frog dribbles water as the boy holds his hands under it. It stands nearlly 2.5′ tall I hought it, it was $150 but got it for $110 what women could resist that bargin? I decided to add a bit of colour to the water as a feature just outside of my family room door, so put a few drops of blue food colouring in it. The water was the colour of the deep end of the ocean and my hand are covered in it! I. Have flushed and flushed, just to make it swimming pool blue. Why do we start these things…kept me away from the fridge though. It look lovely now but my hands look like I have been finger painting. 🙂 novel type of day!
    Good luck with fasting team, time for a hot drink, it’s 3.00 so the gurgles will be starting, stay strong, YOU CAN DO IT, dinner is planned and not far away and remember how proud you feel at days end when you have succeeded! 🙂 The gurgles are the fat melting and making noise cause it doesn’t want to leave….but we know better! 🙂 xxxxxxx Just a bit of waffle to fill your day xxxx

So CG, you are caught blue-handed rather than red-handed 🙂

Awesome post CG…
    How about sharing the picture of your new water feature. Would love to see the blue waters flowing… Email the picture to me and I can post it on thread for you 🙂

And yes, I am feeling better, yes Raven and Gyps may be right. Think its to do with stars..phew….
    GG, glad that you enjoyed the morning tea. New York Cheesecake is just so yum…
    Doggy, so kind hearted. You had a tough day but you saved a life. So proud of your efforts.

Well, on second coffee for the day. I count it towards TDEE. However there was morning tea at work, so couldn’t resist 1/4 slice of banana bread (not my FD today). I used to love banana bread, but really it doesn’t even taste as good as it used to be. I would say empty calories. I am sure I will still be able to finish within TDEE

FB

FB, sent them to GG to fwrd on to you, don’t have your email address on my new phone xx

Here are the pictures of beautiful water feature that CG mentioned:-
    Must say that blue water looks very nice n refreshing:-
     photo F0C2B542-DF3F-45A8-A1AC-39BD5350ECF1.jpg

photo 98929E08-B4DC-4CC7-B4BC-3703AF7FBC07.jpg

Luvit CG it’s gorgeous. And the touch of blue makes it even more special.

Thank FB, a bit too blue at the moment, but each top up will get it more natural…isn’t it a lovely water feature? The frog dribbles water into the lily pad and it rolls down into the boys hands, quite effective and sounds lovely xx

Thank you Suejen xx

Hi All!
    Thanks for putting up with my little strop over the last few days – self pity is very unattractive!! I’m wondering too about the stars, planets etc affecting our lives and moods. I’m sure it helps me if I have something to blame apart from myself! 😆
    Up – fantastic post about grabbing life and relishing all the experiences coming you way. You and OH doing so well – keep it up! (More eye candy 😉 )
    Lotus – as usual, you’re doing a great job on the research for the team. Thanks for your support, I wasn’t doing FD yesterday but did stay well below my TDEE and I was very happy just to be getting my head right again. XX
    FB – I hope you too are back to your old self; I really appreciated you making the effort to help me feel better when you were feeling low yourself. Put on those red boots and slap on a smile and show the world how gorgeous you are, inside and out 🙂
    GG – that’s an amazing amount of money to raise for such a worthwhile cause and I’m sure you won’t have put on too much – it wouldn’t be fair of the gods to punish you for your good deeds.
    Doit – glad to see your aussie determination shining through; you can do it….it’s in your name, after all! We’re all behind you xx
    SJ – your idea for adapting the pizza sounds good, go for it next time. I love reading your posts; you seem to have turned a corner and your positivity and strength shine through.
    Doggy – aw, so sorry you had such a crappy day but your kindness will not go unrewarded, I’m a firm believer in ‘what goes around, comes around’; so I’m sure something good will come your way soon. Stay strong, hugs to you )(
    CG – how creative you are, turning the water blue in your water feature, so cute. I am so grateful for all your personal words of encouragement and support, as well as all your usual messages to all the team. I didn’t have a bubble bath because I got rid of my bath! 😉 (I do have a shower!) But I did take your advice to be kind to myself and not sweat the small stuff and remember this is a marathon, not a sprint and finally got my act together.
    All the best to everyone for the rest of the week and the weekend. 🙂

Just here to say ‘hello’ before another FD ends. Have been plodding on. moonlagged and pushing it uphill trying to EMPTY OUT WHEN THE MOON IS FILLING UP! cupboards and me!. Rainy and coolish here, miso soup is not doing it for me, but it’s nearly over. Doggy’s feeling it too, but the wallaby thanks you!

Can’t read about fooood right now (after suejen’s pitza made the belly rumbles start) lovely fountain CG, Up, you’re going great guns over there(It still amazes me that we can have ‘chats’ across the world!) Cooee! Fit, hope your weather is being kind!

Lotus I’ll look for your soup,thanks. FB, did we give you a job title yet? Seems to me you’re IT! (INFORMATION TEC) nite all. xx gyps.

Hi there, Gypsy – weather is awful over here, rain and wind- I think summer just decided to pass us by completely this year since we had really fantastic one last year! Bummer! 😥 Just trying to work out with OH how we can time a getaway to our place in France; it’s in Normandy so not a great deal better weatherwise, but it’s a lovely place and we relish the chance to brush up on our french and sample lots of lovely sea food!

CG, you sound like me, I paint and have one colour also a blue which seems to stain everything, including my fingers. I haven’t painted for 2 days and I still have the faintest tinge on the cuticle of one thumb!

Lotus, I love Tom Yum, great thought as it is just the thing for a fast day. I will look and see if there is a version here at all. And SueJen, I definitely know what you mean!!

Poor Doggy, a shame that is all happening on a fast day, sounds like a comfort food day really!At least it sounds as though you have had plenty of things happening to keep you busy!

Thanks FB, he appreciates me too!

CG, lovely fountain. Right up my alley. I would love to live in a Beatrix Potter world if I could.

Well, you have no doubt all finished fasting just as I am starting and I have woken up with a gurgling stomach already!

Gypsy it is amazing isn’t it? My husband and I were sharing photos with our daughter instantly via Snap chat yesterday and commenting on the modern world.

Good morning everyone, I hope you have all been well. I will catch up on the weekend and read all the posts : ) I am happy to report that I have lost 200grams this week. I am very happy considering that last week I did not have a loss. Since I started I have lost a total of 4.3 kilos.I have gone from 90.1 to 85.8 : ) It has been a loooooong time since I have seen an 85 on the scales. I also measured myself and since starting I have los 5cm off my bust, 4cm off my belly, nothing from my hips and 2 cm from my neck. So every little loss adds up. Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. Your support has been and is so important to me,I am determined not to give up! WOL 🙂 Sorry that atm I am time poor but will catch up soon.

Good morning AD’s

I weighed in at 79kgs, up from last week but down from Monday which is good. Not too bad considering I was a wee bit naughty.

Next week will be a new and very strict week for me. (Today I am saying that anyway lol)

CG, I love your water feature and especially the blue water.

Fitt – how wonderful to have a place in France, once again, jealous 🙂

To all who had bad day’s this week, I think we all had at least one crappy day this week, must be the stars or moon.

Lotus, will be getting that soup this week as well, taking a week off making my own so this will do very nicely.

Gypsy, yes very apt title for FB, I am going to see if I can do the posting this weekend.

TACO – 200grams is great, at least it is still on the down, down.

Well AD’s, have a great Friday, I am off to dinner at Japanese tonight, so not so bad on the CALS.

xx

Congratulations Taco! well done, not just weight but also inch loss! Woohoo!!

Good Morning Gang
    Thanks Gypsy n Diip for the title. I don’t think I am worthy of it, but its lovely to have it still.
    Thanks to you CG for sharing the pictures with us. I have a thing for water features. I love the sound that it makes. Very calming n soothing.

DiiP, some weeks, when I know that I have been naughty, I really hope that scales don’t go upwards and if I remain at least same as previous week, its still a win. This , means that we will know how to maintain, once we are at that stage 🙂

Taco, congrats on the loss. Very happy that the trend is downwards for you too.

Where is everyone with the weigh in news today? My weigh in will be tomorrow.

I am fasting today. And yes, feeling very good now. My water retention is still there, not gone completely. But moods are elevated, which is teh best part.
    Fit, glad you are feeling better too. and yes, France sounds bloody awesome to me too.
    I loved every second of our holiday in Paris. I know its very commercial and touristy as compared to rest of France, but loved every moment in Paris. I went in December 2013, so you could imagine how cold it was. But still loved it. I think there is something in the air there. I am sure your getaway to Normandy will play a major part in uplifting your moods permanently (hopefully 😉 )

apologies for yet another distorted post 🙂

Japanese sounds really nice DiiP – enjoy 🙂

Lotus, i tried looking at the soups at Woolies yesterday. They look so promising at 65 cals for fast days. And could not find any vegetarian ones. All the soups had fish sauce or some sort of sea food sauce. I cant have Miso soups as well, due to same reason. Looks like I will have to stick to vegemite drinks for now…LOL

It wasn’t distorted at all! I am fasting today too 🙂 hopefully the soups + carrot and celery sticks today will help. I am feeling water retention and weight gain too because that time of the month, but these things are part of being a woman, so not sweating the small stuff…
    Best wishes, stay well team, I know weight loss is why most of us are here, but no matter what we weigh today, our health is definitely changing for the better. Fasting gives our bodies a break for rest and restoration time 🙂 And also, our “net worth” as human beings is more than the physical aspects of weighing or measuring a certain number(s).

Upt – know what you mean about the gurgling tummy in the morning, I swear mine can talk!
    Taco – great loss, no matter how small, a loss is better than a plateau or a gain; so well done and keep up the good work. 🙂
    Doit/FB – yes, I am lucky; our french holiday home is small and not very luxurious but it is close to miles of sandy beaches and lots of local markets selling local produce. We bring our dog with us and she just loves the long walks on the dunes and beaches. We have become quite friendly with lots of our neighbours and they invite us to lots of parties and events, which is wonderful.

Hi lovelies. Well my yuk day yesterday must have had some good going for it as I’m another 500 gms down weight wise plus the odd centimetre too. Yes re the poor wallaby. I’m great animal lover. The thought of someone hitting an animal and just driving on horrifies me. Roo shoos really do work. If you live with wildlife are please have them fitted to your car. They are cheap and the sound they make scares the animals off the road.
    It’s bitterly cold here today. I went out for my morning walk in a parka that I last wore in Switzerland in the winter. It’s nice and warm inside though.
    Yesterday I cooked up some hot and sour soup from a recipe I found in the 5:2 app. One of the ingredients was for 100 gms rice noodles. Only after making it did I realise they should have specified wet weight. Anyhow I’ve frozen the rest so it will do for another FD. Once I’ve tasted it ill put it on our recipe thread.
    Have a good day team.
    XX Doggy

Hi to you too, Lotus, our posts crossed. You are so right about our worth having nothing to do with numbers and measurements – however, the pressure on women in particular to be a certain size or shape does distort our self-image. I love looking at the photosof the lovely ladies who have posted here but the impression I had before the photos and of everyone else on this fantastic thread proves how much more more important it is to get to know people from the inside out. Xx

Team, good morning to you all. Very late start for me today, I caught up on all the lost sleep of my week and the excess miles I travelled. The mountains I was going to climb today will have to wait I think. My energy level is at a low but my mood is good, but got the lazies so a relaxed day ahead. I weighed in at 76.7 when I came back from. melbourne but down to my “stable” weight of 75.1k today, so not complaining at all. Sure it’s a plateau but a good one for me. It is controlled eating but I must be staying around the same intake and exercise level. My exercise is farm work, at a minimum these days as well as general house work, etc. nothing too strenuous but I’m of the mind, move it or lose it!
    Your home sounds so romantic Fit, we are so far from the rest of the world, sure we are in a magnificent country and wouldn’t swap it ever but you seem to have the world at your doorstep. 🙂 lucky you. Xx
    Doggy you are doing so well with your loss, the bit of rice or whatever in your soup will not be an issue and it does give it body to make you feel full.
    Lotus, lovely post as usual, our net worth is so very important as women but one unfortunately taken for granted so often.
    FB I’m so glad your feeling better and good luck with todays fast.
    DiiP hang in there girl, you achieving so much.
    Taco, 200g is a great loss, little by little is better as it stays off.
    Well, into some pottering, bit of tidy up so my conscience won’t be too hard on me, Happy Friday team, don’t be hard on yourself, you are all doing a wonderful job not just with 5:2 but your lives 🙂 Although not always easy you tackle it with rolled up sleeves and get on with it. Our lives are so precious so take time out to enjoy it 🙂 xxxx

HI gorgeous girls how’s your day going? I weighed in this morning with a 400gr loss at 71.2 when I didn’t expect any so very happy to add that to the combined total. Now 11.3kg. Ever so slowly getting closer to the 60s. Don’t care how long it takes.
    Went for a 7km walk yesterday it was such a beautiful day along the coast. Haven’t done that for a long time & OH was so happy. MY walking had become fairly restricted due to weight & the problems that come with it – knees, back, hips etc! He said he was starting to think he’d lost his walking companion. But yesterday I did as my physio said and concentrated on my posture ie shoulders back (used to hate doing that because of my large bust – who wants to stick that out!) straighten the spine, & it worked. I got back with no tight muscles and aches all down my leg/hip because I tend to stoop over. So…the more practice the better I say!
    My counsellor is away this week & I’ve missed my session but doing OK. Been journal writing as she suggested to get it all out. Heading to some lovely friends tonight who know what we’re going through so she said come for a relaxed, casual dinner and if you wanna talk about it fine, if you don’t fine. What a great friend. Also heading away as a long weekend here to a cabin in the Porongorup Ranges (near Albany) and looking forward to that. We’re finding that long walks and heading away for short stints is really helpful to both of us at present. Being kind to ourselves…a bit of pampering. So will need to watch the food but there’ll be lots of walking/climbing to compensate.
    Have a great weekend all & enjoy your feed days…..but not too much. I usually try to selectively pick out just SOME of the nice things that I’ve been missing or looking forward to. Stops me just blindly heading to everything. So I’ve mentally allowed myself this and that…no guilt involved….but no not the chips or the cake today or whatever. It helps me – most of the time LOL suejen XX

Suejen, you sound a new Women, just so positive….good on you. You are enjoying life again with a clear head and conscions, as so you should. Anger like worry is as Buddha said, it’s like holding a hot piece of coal to throw at our enemy, we are the ones who get burnt. My Mum had a plaque in her kitchen, which I now have “Let go Let God” as humans we stew, where did we go wrong, what did I say that was so offensive….Why do we blame ourselves???
    Been pottering, in the ensuite, I had such a vast array of different “flavours” in shampoos and conditioners…for some reason, and most almost empty! They are now all combined in two large pump packs, and there is room in my shower on the floor again! Yippee. Doesn’t take much to amuse this old gal! 🙂 Silly little chore but glad it’s done 🙂 Every so often I do the same in my pantry, I have a bad habit of opening things when in a hurry if I can’t put my hand on the one that’s already open, or can’t find the container. grrrr!
    Happy day team, back to fiddling xxxxxx

Hi FB, for vegetarian miso soup – buy the miso paste (this is just fermented soy paste and used for cooking or making the miso soup), and add hot water plus seaweed/spring onions/tofu cubes to it. The fish flakes (Bonito) in regular miso soup can be edited out to make pretty much the same thing for vegetarians.

And here is a recipe for Miso soup – from the Jamie Oliver website, and it looks pretty much like how I would make it if making from scratch. Dashi, Japanese Stock, can be substituted with clear vegetable stock or plain water with a bit soy sauce and mirin added to it…
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/perfect-miso-soup/#sbgLhQGHIhfq15vh.97

This is what soup soup looks like 🙂
     photo Miso Soup_zpshsijcluj.jpg

Suejen – What a lovely post from you, glad you are working towards a resolution and feeling better in your journey. I was thinking that I must remember to correct my posture too to go with the changed body shape! 🙂

CG – So what flavor are you calling your shampoo and conditioner? Maison CountryGal maybe 😉

Viewing 50 posts - 5,751 through 5,800 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.