Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,401 through 5,450 (of 14,786 total)

• CG 🙂 xxx our children are beautiful

Too right Taco, we are so lucky, xxx

Hi All!
    Wow! I go to sleep for a few hours and look what ye get up to!! Just love you lot; will try to respond to everyone, so here goes, deep breath and……
    FB – I’m loving your attitude and the fact that you are using your cousin’s nastiness to spur you on to being even stronger and more determined. That confidence will shine through and make you even more beautiful on the outside, as well as on the inside. You and your wonderful OH know you look good and that support and belief you have in each other as a loving couple is probably another reason for your cousin’s jealousy and spite. A friend once told me that if he receives unreasonable comments from others he just says “I’d love to see things from your point of view, but I just can’t get my head that far up my ass!” Rock on, you gorgeous girl! Xx
    Lotus – great words of wisdom from you as usual, plus the research and the recipe…definitely our chef supreme!
    Doggy – well said about not handing the power to others over our feelings; ditch the negative people in our lives (alive or dead) and move on. I have no doubt you will reach your target; you are doing brilliantly so far.
    RE – great attitude; you are well on the road to success too. Brilliant loss! I cannot understand the need some people have to make negative comments on social media; even on other threads on this forum. I think a lack of confidence is probably behind it but it certainly doesn’t excuse it.
    SJ – so glad you and OH had lovely weekend, you deserve it. Thank you so much for words of encouragement, I’m back on the horse today (FD) and will soldier on. Thinking back on why I slipped, I realise I’m very disappointed for my daughter who was so excited to start her first proper job only for it to fall through. I was trying to not show how hurt I was for her sake and to be strong, but I guess it had to come out somewhere.
    Gyps – you are a tower of strength and just what your OH needs. Glad we gave you a laugh and thanks for encouragement. Xx BTW – we use ‘pet’ alot over here too!
    YY – glad you got past the FD blues, good on ya! Don’t worry about whinging, we all have to let off steam sometime.
    Doit – I agree about Mondays being hard after weekend, but also it makes me feel good to counteract all the overindulgence so quickly. Isn’t it funny how we all take our surroundings for granted until someone else points out how lucky we are to live where we do; so enjoy your little corner of paradise. 🙂
    CVB – good loss and even if you did indulge at the weekend, it’s surprising how the trend will still be going slowly and steadily downward, so keep the faith.
    CG – sounds like you’re having the best of precious time with your lovely son. You’re so right to make the most of it; enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! We definitely need your inspiring words and common sense, so don’t dare leave us to our own devices!!! 😉
    Taco – sorry you have personal experience of such nastiness too but you also have the right attitude, well done.
    Ok, gang, better get on with my day…gotta keep busy, so I’m getting stuck into housework. Will check in tonight from my gleaming living room! 😉

Fit, just so love your friends reply, just perfect 🙂 xxx have a great day, think of the cals burning away whilst you clean 🙁 xxx

To add, one of the things you can do to really p**s off the meanies is to smile back and shrug when they spout one of their gems. Never fails to anger them, and amuse oneself 🙂
    On that note nightie night team ( and good morning to Fit and others on the other side of the world)… Another FD done today… Happy cleaning Fit!!

Fit 🙂 I like your friend’s reply, I’m sure I can repeat it in my ‘self talk’ 🙂 lol

Hi all, Suejen, I’m back from a few days away and have put on 1.5 just like you. Fasting today, we will be back to normal in no time!

FB, I can’t believe the rudeness of some people no matter what their own personal motivation is. In what universe is it OK to tell someone they need to lose weight and so publicly? While I agree with everyone’s advice re ignoring it, I would be either calling them out on it in the private message box if they are really so dumb that they don’t get it, or blocking their posts. Only then I would move on!

Lotus, I love the idea of the beetroot dressing. Thanks!

I’m afraid Gypsy that I stay away from organic wine as it just doesn’t cut the mustard as far as I am concerned. All things in moderation!

YumYum, that is why I don’t calorie count or do TDEE stuff on non fast days. It seems to defeat the purpose of 5/2.

Fit, I love your friend’s line!

So, back in my little town in the U.S and pleased to see no one had put a chocolate on my pillow when I got home last night. Expedia had mucked up one of our bookings and we had to stay in a B and B that was very swish and served grand set breakfasts etc. Very nice, but I don’t normally eat breakfast.
    However, when you are paying for it and watching everyone else eat it while you have your coffee, what are you going to do? So that was for 3 days but Expedia is picking up some of the tab so I guess it was a win. And it was a beautiful Victorian house.
    Don’t know if this will work but here is a link to a pic of how breakfast was served.http://bnblist.com/massachusetts-bed-and-breakfast-directory/palmer-house-inn-bed-and-breakfast-falmouth-massachusetts/2011-Breakfast.jpg

Anyway,enough from me. I am back to being Cinderella now and about to do the washing!

Know how you feel Up – I’ve been doing Cinders here today too and have just sat down to take a little break from scrubbing, hoovering and dusting; as well as doing laundry. Very posh looking breakfast setting, how could you refuse that – it’s like something from Downton Abbey!! Maybe we should be calling you Lady Up! 🙂
    Glad everyone liked my friend’s line – it sure cheers me up even if I don’t say it out loud! 😉

Wow! So Pretty breakfast – you have to wear pearls and dress like Audrey Hepburn for it 🙂

Good Morning AD Gang
    And it is so nice to see a bunch of beautiful people here. Each and everyone of you have such kind words to say. Saying Thank you is not going to suffice. So big hug to everyone.
    CVB, well done on the weight loss. Its lovely to see scales moving downwards. My fast day lunch is always coke zero. I know fizzy drinks are not great for you, but two or three cans in a week are not much and if they get me through the fast day at just 1 calorie, I am happy.

CG, so so happy to hear that you are having good time with the family. I am sure your son is being spoilt with lots of yummy food cooked by mum. And CG, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, and that bracelet was made just for you. Its an honor for me when you wear it. You gorgeous Country Gal!!

Taco, I don’t understand the nastiness in this world. You are so true, we just need to ignore such people and move on. So sorry to hear that you have to deal with such nastiness around. Thank you heaps for your encouraging words.

Fit, another great post, full of wisdom. Thanks for the kind words!!
    You are a very strong woman and such a beautiful mother. Your reaction to your daughter’s situation was just normal as any mother. The good part is that you know its temporary phase, it will pass on and these experiences will actually help your daughter get even mature and gain better understanding of the real world. So, good decision to get back on the horse. Remember, you mentioned that there are some situations that are out of our control….. We need the courage to accept these situations and you already have that courage my friend!!!
    And just love your friend’s response to meanies. I am definitely going to use it next time if someone crosses the line…

Upt, just WOWWWWW!!!, No , I could not say NO to Breakfast served like that. You did well, so no regrets. Another fast day is always around the corner. So enjoy when you can. Upt, I have exact same view ” In what universe is it OK to tell someone they need to lose weight and so publicly?” But as we discussed earlier, common sense is not so common. People lack sheer common sense and are dumb to make such comments.

And all others, GG, Doggy, YY, Lotus, RE, Gyspy….. all of you have supported and given me such comfort with your words. All your responses show that we are one big unbreakable family, who are ready to fight for each other. Thanks one and all!!!! It really means the world to me….

And , no fast day today for me…. Yippeeee… Just sensible eating…

FB

PS: Sorry for the loooooong post

Well FB, I would be the same, no people, no enter!It was when it first opened that I went, so may have changed since.

I was at Onyx a few weeks ago, very nice, I think that is the one where the bikies had the fight :(. I absolutely love Bavarian Bier cafe, the pork belly, mmmmmmmm.

CG – I too have wiped those type of people from my life and if I have to work with them, like you said, just smile 🙂

Fitt – that is so true, I have a view of the ocean everyday, I do walk along it on lunch breaks, but some days you don’t even see it, we are a funny species. I wanted to move to the sunny Gold Coast for so long and when I did I was very happy for a few years, now I am basically over it, the heat and peple,but I have to realise if I go back to Melbourne I won’t be coming back. So, I need to enjoy my life here a bit more me thinks!!

Thanks for the tip Lotus

Have a great day everyone. xx

Good morning team, fast fast fast for me 🙂 golly it’s easy to get back to old habits. Meals were smaller than they used to be just wrong choices 🙁 not a lot of drinking either but really enjoyed having my Son for so long and his help was great. He’s on (forced) holidays for three weeks…he starts work at 3.00am and got caught speeding one night passing an iffy driver for safety! He just wanted to get passed this car which was all over the road…drink drugs?? But he was the one who paid the price. One month suspension of liscence 🙁 so took holidays. Being a baker has its problems too 🙂
    We are expecting rain most of today so once I drop Glenn at the bus stop I’ll be playing Sadie (the cleaning lady) all day, staying busy and fasting.
    Up what a posh lay out, up with the pinky? Hope you enjoyed it. What wonderful memories you are creating 🙂
    Have a great day team, stay happy, keep smiling even if it’s just to annoy others around you 🙂 xxxxxxxx

Morning Determinators!
    FIT- so love your friend’s comment.
    I have seen the pics of FB…. She looks fantastic… I am sure there is a problem with this guy’s eyesight!
    LOTUS- you are so creative in your culinary experiments… will try the beetroot dressing for sure.
    CG- sounds as if you had a lovely time with the family esp the quality time with Glen.
    A smile certainly says so many things…. could not agree more.
    I spent the weekend holed up in the house due to the rain….. made soup with baked bread with lashings of “LOGICAL” which is margarine to lower cholestrol. so good, also glasses of the Sav. Organic wine certainly does not “cut the mustard” for me either.
    I did not weigh till yesterday…. the scales now see me back at 73kgs so my little soup fest gave me back 1.8 kgs in retaliation.But the bread was healthy filled of grains, chia and pumpkin seeds. I will not blame the SAV!
    I am on a day off so am going to do my famous B2B which always works to remove the add ons.
    Have a happy day team…..enjoy the next feast days…….GO GALxxxx

Team – My understanding is that actually organic and non-organic wines are the same (in terms of alcohol content, colour, taste etc). Its just that sulphates and pesticides are not used during the grape growing process, or organic substitutes are used, and instead of the modern chemical ways of using sulphites for “settling” lees, or grape mush, to clarify it, the older filtration process is used. I could be very wrong, but this is what turned up on my “research” as I was looking for red wine for my sister who gets migraines from regular wine (due to sulphites). Apparently that does not happen in organic wine. She is not much of a wine drinker, so that theory didn’t get really tested – we all drank it for her, it was good 🙂

GG just tried to phone you, the Alfred just phoned, pre admission next Tues, 4hr appt, yahoooo, getting close now I just have so much faith this op will cure all for me.
    Fancy getting excited about going under the knife, but I have so much living to do, so much life to live, a new body to flaunt! 🙂 hehe oh to be pain free mmmmm
    Happy day team, keep smiling, make everyone wonder what you have been up to 🙂 xxxx

oh CG, such good news mate! so happy for you!

Morning all you wonderful aussie determinators. Have lost .9 of my weekend gains so getting back on track. GG so wish I had the stamina (or whatever it is you have!) to do a B2B but I just don’t. I get through a FD simply because I know that tomorrow I can eat. But maybe a 4:3 this week. Have a lovely high morning tea today at a local posh winery with 3 good friends to celebrate our birthdays from way back.. Will be such fun & I’m going to enjoy every mouthful & perhaps not eat much else for the day, HB egg maybe, depending on how decadent it is. Won’t quite be like yours UT that was pretty special.
    Well better get off here as I have to decide what to wear to this joint – may have to ring my friend as I don’t know if they dress up for it or not. Maybe I just will anyway!! Why not enjoy the full experience…so going to put on my rare bit of make-up and doll myself up. Will be good for my spirits too. There might even be a pic coming your way….if I get photobucket worked out. Have a great feed day or fast day everyone and remember we are aussie determinators and we can do this! suejen

Lotus, the team has mentioned beetroot dressing, I’ve missed it somewhere with not keeping up…what’s it for? Thanks too for the support, I appreciate it, hopefully I can lead our “fleet” of broomsticks when the time comes as I will be pain free xxxx

Greeting gang. Something came to mind re negative, mean people and our reaction to them.:-
    Acid does more damage to the vessel in which it is stored than to the vessel into which it is poured. – Mark Twain.
    How eloquent and true.
    It’s seems as though many of us had a ordinary FD yesterday. I woke up with the feeling that I didn’t want to do it. I did stick it out though. What a powerful beast the brain is. I was quite a bit under the 500 calories and knew I’d done well after numerous trips or the loo overnight. I’m feeling positively jovial today. Another 5:2 benefit.
    One of you suggested we appoint Lotus as our honary chef. I’d endorse that. I’ve typed out a few recipes I got from Mimi’s 5:2 book. Once I’ve tried them out I’ll put a few on our recipe thread. Most of them are under 200 calories.
    Must be off. Take care all where ever you are in the world. I too have Scottish ancestry. Can even pronounce loch and och the Scot’s way!
    XX Doggy

Hi everyone. I have had a busy few days so will need to go through the posts to keep up with what has gone on. I weighed myself this morning and I definitely feel thinner (clothes looser) but the scales only record a small loss of 1.3kg and I was hoping for more. I did over indulge last Friday evening and i also had popcorn at the movies on Saturday so now I am trying to get myself back on track. I almost through it all in this morning as I felt overwhelmingly hungry but I have surprised myself and am actually having a good food day after all.

Gogal – the soup and logical with bread sounds awesome!
    Sue Jen – the winery sounds lovely!

Does anyone on here have toddlers? How do you handle the FD’s? My toddler seems to only want to eat what I am eating at dinner time so I have been saving my calories till end of day so we can eat dinner together (she goes to day care during the day) although I think it would be easier for me to have a small meal at lunch time on those days….what do others do?

Ooo! Up! I would have eaten the china, too!

Fit I went to sleep thinking of the other side of the world doing housework in the middle of the night. Bet your halo is gleaming this AM, and my joint is in chaos. It makes such a mess to spring clean and I keep getting interrupted.
    Fingers crossed for you CG, They have to have pretty updated pre op info so your op date cant be too far off. It’ll work, just work on your circulation (limit fags if poss)practice deep breathing. Remember it’s good circ and O2 that’s the healing tool. Sounds like the kids are all on your case to help out, so good on them. We’ll be here, broomsticks at the ready – cyber swarm!

Hmmm, to the wine situation, Lotus, your info is much appreciated, I have decided to go out in sympathy with OH for a bit. He has decided to stop the wake and weigh RX options, so we’ll take one day at a time. (perhaps except for the occasional medicinal organic red?) We’ll see. (I will no doubt earn a ‘suck of the sav’ with you, GG, by the time our proposed reunion happens!)

Meanwhile, there’s always an up side, I clocked in back to 83.6kgs this AM after a good fast day yesterday. To the Brooom! (for cleaning purposes – must polish the halo…. ) Cheers! Gyps

Glad to see you all in good form, Like your quote, doggie ( and Fitt’s!)

Hi Gyps, so glad at your resolve with one day at a time, once the tears, temper and disbelief pass…there is still life to live and enjoy being together 🙂
    Off the fags too Gyps, last three weeks now, using ecigs which I will stick with. Michael did a special on them (last night on Trust me Im a Dr) but this section wasn’t shown in Aus. 🙁 but if you check youtube…Michael Mosley on ecigs….it’s the full section of the show, he gives them the thumbs up as did my cardiologist before I had the ablation last year 🙂 and I’m liking them better than the old fags now 🙂
    Fasting today, just had an egg on a bed of steamed baby spinach and zucchini, so yum when the yolk runs through it all, an a hot meal for a cold day, yummo, thanks GG xx (I added the zucchini to the baby spinach and some sliced leek, once steamed broke the egg in the middle, put the lid on till cooked…and hey presto..yummo!
    Happy day team xxx

Wow. So much going on and I can hardly keep up with it all. Fast day for me and this was a tough one but I am here in bed having clocked in at 510 cals. Stomach grumbling more than usual. This was one of the harder days but I determined to get through it.
    Had two fast days last week and they went fairly smooth. I find like many have suggested that keeping busy is helpful, but days that require real attention or effort, I think it can be too much. My second FD last week I saw many counts that day and ended with two couples who take a lot of energy for me if I am really going to stay attuned. Noticed the next day that my body felt overdone. This week I chose two days which have activity but are not my long work days. I will report if it goes better. So far, not so good today.
    Gypsy, I am sorry to hear your news. So glad you have the support of this group. I am a cancer survivor myself and when I was diagnosed I asked myself what was one thing I wanted to change that I felt was doable. I decided I wanted to find the lost girls of my childhood. ( I had to move suddenly, overnight) and was not able to say goodbye and this was before all the social media we have now. Poof, all my friends were gone. Very traumatic. I had tried over the years to find them especially one. At the time I had avoided FaceBook, but decided to give it a try. Within two weeks I found almost every one of them, especially my one beloved friend and we had a reunion together while I was in cancer treatment. It was the smartest thing I could have done for myself. The ‘we’ will and can heal the ‘one,.
    It’s good to know that there is a place where each is us can turn when we need a kind word, support, laugh or two or reality check and kick in the pants if needed. And thank goodness we are not all crazy on the same day! Cheers from Portland Oregon.

Fit – thanks for your kind comments- up- that breakfast looks amazing , like Gypsie I would eat the whole thing. Lol 🙂 Fatbuster 🙂 thanks CG -yay !!!! That operation day is getting closer and closer. You will be pain free. Debstar 1.3 in a week is amazing, I only manage 300 grams a week- and it’s better than a gain 🙂 . Raven hang in there, you can do it. Ps I was really bad today.

CG what wonderful news….it’s not far away and you will be pain free. How wonderful will you feel eh?! Do everything you can in the meantime to be as fit and healthy as you can, but you’ve already done the major part with your 25kg loss.
    Deb I would be thrilled with a capital T if I lost 1.3kg in a week so don’t ever be disappointed with such a loss. I only ever lost amounts like that in the first 2 weeks, then it’s settled to anything from a nil (only once) to .2 .4 .5 .6 .8 (not in that order), & I think maybe once 1kg. So we’re all different and I take every little bit that I get and say thank you 5:2. Those little bits have still added up over time to a 10kg loss so I’m happy.
    PS my high morning tea was lovely but not so high! I expected those 2 tier cake stands & the like but no. However my small piece of carrot cake was yummy AND so was the cream! Something I almost never have. And then I had a rose daintree tea in a lovely teaset – very nice. And we all enjoyed each other very much. Lovely times. suejen

Suejen how lovely for you, your life is on the up again, good on you positive thinking and reaching out is good for the soul 🙂
    Raven, what an informative post, how wonderful to catch up with old friends. None of us intentionally lose touch do we, life just gets in the way, and there goes the years 🙂
    Deb, you feel thinner, close are looser and 1.3k down, what an achievement! Don’t watch others weight loss, we are all different, we lose at different stages, you are doing so well. Some days are difficult but your attitude will help you along with AUSSIE DETERMINATION
    I picked my boys up from the groomers before and was bathed in compliments, wearing leggings, boots, Skivvy and vest…but determined as I left home to come back to have something to eat…really had the hungries, well, after the compliments, I came home, looked in the full length mirror and gave myself a bloody good talking to OUT LOUD, if you want to stay like this and maybe drop a bit more lady…you will see todays fast out with no cheating! 🙂 so after my self pointed lecture, pulled my so called socks up, and just had a coffee instead 🙂 YOU CAN DO THIS instead of being my own worst enemy, I have decided to be my own best friend! 🙂
    Doggy loved the Mark Twain quote, very profound 🙂

So steamed chicken breast, few herbs, stirfry a few vegs dash of sumac or bush herbs and that will do for dinner….then another fast day done and dusted.
    Hang in there team, fasting or not, check out the mirror and let that be your guide, can you really afford the chockie, or biscuit or cake etc etc, if the answer is Yes, portion portion portion control xxxxxxx

CG, that is wonderful news for you. Before you know it you will be pain free.

Raven, it is so great that you found your friends after all those years. My friend from when I was 15 found me not so long ago on FB and she came to the Gold Coast to have a reunion. She brought all of her photos from when we were at school and had such a laugh at what we looked like and…. how skinny we were.

That egg recipe with the vegies sounds delish, must try that as well.

I am on 4:3 this week (thank you again CG) so fast day again tomorrow for me.
    I dropped the 900grams from the weekend so I think this week could be the one to get under that 78kgs.

Have a great night.

Great news DiiP, it gets easier once you adjust your thinking 🙂 xxxxx

DebstarO – I have friend who has started with 5:2, she has twin(!) toddlers that don’t go every day to day care/play school, so what she has done for fast days is eat with them, but not the carb portion. Something like, for lunch, she will give them a cheese sandwich, carrot sticks and dip (they are only 2 and half years, so maybe diff in your case), but she has carrot sticks and dip only. For dinner, the kids get fed first and she eats later with her husband, again meat/protein plus veggies, and avoids the carbs.
    Not sure if this is any help in your case tho 🙂 Best of luck, and well done on the loss! 1.3 Kilos is amazing!!

Thanks so much for the endorsement Doggy 🙂 Not sure I deserve it tho, as mine are more culinary hacks than actual recipes. But, I am happy to help in anyway. Looking forward to your recipes on the thread.

CG – Beetroot was mentioned in Beetroot Dressing – I blended some tinned beets, salt, pepper and water with a stick blender. It became a thick dressing that was surprisingly good, especially on a salad with feta in it. Very deep fuchsia pink tho 🙂
    Also, I found that it made a pretty and tasty dip (also sold in Coles etc as Beetroot dip) when blended with thick Greek yogurt / sour cream / labne.

Well done on keeping to your fast day!!

I had a “tapeworm” day today. Oh well, will pull it in tomorrow as fast day, and promise to keep on straight and narrow the rest of the days! you have all heard me team! No more naughtiness from moi (on food, the rest…)

Lotus, that really sounds so yummy 🙂 my Son will love it too, from a little boy I always had to have beetroot in the house, he adores it 🙂
    Tapeworm and the rest of their cousins have attached me during last week, I see grazing used a bit but I’m afraid mine was a bit more than that! Friday I ate almost a full bag of grainwaves in the car on the way home from shopping.I actually bought the for the family coming down 🙁 shopping was only 20 minutes away! Also got home and got stuck into the cold cuts! Just couldn’t stop myself, thank God for 5:2! 🙂 maybe the body/our system screams for salt or anything that’s not bland or a different texture…who knows, ?
    You keep proving Lotus YOU CAN DO IT…and you will 🙂 …keep the faith mate 🙂 xxx

‘I will no doubt earn a ‘suck of the sav’.’ Oh Gypsy LOL (Out really loud!)

Deb – I live with a 3 yo, and I have just decided to roll. I have reached a point where I have a cuppa for B, a Miso soup for lunch, and a small portion for dinner. It’s only 2 days. You can do it.

SJ- B2B fasts are easy!.When I first tried it, there was difficulty… I felt faint and nauseated the next day. When I was on my 5 week plateau, that was a real bummer … nothing would kick start it.I now plan correctly & always have HB eggs ,miso spinach & carrot sticks in readiness & drink plenty of fluids….it has become second nature … I will generally lose 1 kg in that week. As it turns out it is a 4:3. Give it a try.Use YOUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION……YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    LOTUS- have the ingredients for the dressing ,which I will make on Thursday I am going to do it with the greek yoghurt so I can dip my vegies in it …have tried the store brought kind and find it very sweet ….looking forward to yours.
    UP- way to go on the breakfast… such a lovely way to star the day…. bit posh.
    DEBSTAR- well done on your loss…. keep it going …you are doing fine.
    RAVEN- it is such a wonderful feeling when you find your childhood bestie… you will never lose them again. when I found mine…it took several ph calls and meetings to bring us up to date with each other.We are now so close.
    CG -as always it is wonderful to hear your voice… your op is now so close,I am so happy for you!!!! that you will finally be pain free…..LOOK OUT TEAM CG will be firing when we organise ourslves to all meet next year.
    Have a fab day tomorrow …. be beautiful…. AND DON’t forget that winning smile you all have…….GO GALXXXXXX

Hi All!
    Well, housework did help to get me through FD, which I shamefully have to admit I still find hard and hardly ever manage to keep below 500 cals. This is why I’m not losing anymore, just keeping steady and counteracting lunches/coffees out with friends every week.
    GG – you are amazing to be able to say b2b fasts are EASY…..huh???`I’m in awe of you girl!!
    FB – thanks for the kind words, they mean alot xx
    CG – so glad the time for your op is getting near, how exciting for you! Delighted to hear you are getting yourself as fit and healthy as possible beforehand. My brother, who is 65, went onto ecigs a year ago having smoked all his life. He looks and feels so much healthier now. How wonderful to get lovely compliments about your appearance – sometimes we forget how far we have come until someone we haven’t seen for some time reminds us. And you’re right – more time looking in the mirror instead of the fridge will keep us on the right track 😉 I can’t wait hear that you are pain free at last. There will be no stopping you then! 🙂
    Lotus – looks like you are definitely our honorary chef now, woohoo!
    SJ – glad you enjoyed your high tea at the winery and catching up with friends is a great tonic for all life’s woes. Bet you looked fab too! Brilliant loss too 🙂
    Doggy – love your Mark Twain quote and so true. Well done on such a successful FD, terrific strength and resolve.
    Debs – 1.3kg is a brilliant loss – the most I manage is 0.5kg so you are doing really, really well.
    Gypsy – you’re right, my halo is shining a little this morning as I look at my neat clean living area; so I think I’ll tackle the bedrooms and bathrooms today and work off a few more calories. The weather is rainy and windy, so not much prospect of getting out and housework will keep my mind off the cookie jar! You and OH have the right idea of a day at a time and doing what feels right for you; we’re all behind you 100% and just a broomstick ride away if you need us.
    Raven – so glad that you are looking after yourself by connecting with old friends and feeding your soul. Take care.
    Doit – well done on your loss and best of luck in getting to your next milestone xx
    Best wishes to everyone else in the wonderful world of AD! 🙂

Fit people must need sunglasses passing your home, it must be sparkling, and all the cals you are burning woohooo 🙂 xxxxx

Well FB that didn’t quite work! You can get to them folks but how do I get the photos to appear on the page??? Or Gyps….you did it too? Instructions please suejen XX

Suejen, they did work and you look fantastic girl, well done, so does OH, he looks good too! 🙂 I opened mine in the emails, maybe that made a difference? Congratulation, what a transformation xxx Fast night here, trouble sleeping, going back to bed for another try nighty nite xxx

They open in the thread no problems, you look like a different person, woohooo! Xx

Wow, SJ! That is some difference, you look ten years younger, never mind ten kg lighter! Fantastic 🙂

CG, I have seen those ecigarettes for sale in the 7/11 here. They come in all these different flavours like blueberry which freaks me out. Is there ANYTHING that americans won’t adulterate??? Good luck with it all.

You know, I was recently a visitor to Mark Twain’s house. It is beautiful and had many of his quotes in the attached museum. He was quite a guy and a playful dad apparently but lost 2 of his 3 children to disease, one being diptheria. I would love to take the anti vaxxers to here stories like that. He used to play jungles with them in this conservatory where he would hide and pretend to be a tiger etc.
    https://www.marktwainhouse.org/admin/assets/images/photo_gallery/1308757105-_MG_6538-2.jpg

Suejen, you look fabulous! Well done!

Deb, Moongal and any others with toddlers, good luck. I envy you,(well not the toddlers!), finding this WOL while you are younger. I could have had many more years of feeling good about myself if I had known how to do it.

Fasted yesterday and my husband and I have lost a bit of the excess from the trip, still a way to go!

My son is coming to visit today. He will be in for a bit of a shock with the food we eat though. Normally, I would do lasagne for him but I don’t have a baking dish in this apartment anyway so he will have to settle for meat and veg. I suppose I could cook him a spud. He ran a half marathon on Sunday so I can’t really deprive him! I guess he has to have carbs. I’ll have to buy bread…and hide it from my husband! He is continuing to fast with me and do low carb and is seeing results.
    My husband tells me he eats less on all his days because he doesn’t really like low carb foods so there is nothing he wants to eat!

Here is Mark Twain’s house.

http://www.discoveramerica.com/~/media/34237a6a4a4f47049a779e2122ed035b/35%20connecticut%20marktwainhouse%201308757556%20twaincoverhouse%20feature.jpg?w=1046&h=380&bg=ffffff

Sorry, now that I see the links will work, I may have to curb my posting impulses!
    Have a good day all.

You look great Suejen. Thank you for sharing your pics. I am trying to find a before but not finding any. Will send an after once I get there. About 6 kgs to go to reach my goal weight. It has come to a stand still at present but knew this was part of the process have a day. Most of you are fast asleep right now.

Gypsy, wonderful poems by the way. Sorry I van respond to everyone. Very busy week. We can do it!

Up – what a gorgeous house and thanks for sharing the photos with us. You are certainly creating some wonderful memories to bring back from all your travels.

SJ – you look like an entirely new person!! It’s remarkable. Well done!!
    Up- I have lived Mark Twain’s stories, and esp his sayings. What a lovely, dreamy house, full of nooks and cranies for children to play in 🙂
    On smoking, this quote is attributed to Mark Twain:
    ” what is hard about stoping smoking? I do it every night!”
    Of course, our CG is made of sterner stuff than that 🙂
    Not fasting today as have a yum Cha lunch to go to. I did put the various dishes in my cal counter, and resolved to avoid pork buns (270 cals each) and eat prawn dumplings instead (45 cals each). I have started putting in foods in cal counter in the morning, if we plan to eat out , as then I can wiser choices…

SJ- You look amazing….. another wonderful transformation! Our 5:2 is F A B. great to see you…..well done ……GO GAL XXXXXX
    PS another OH who is “eye Candy”

SJ- Here is your before picture
    Before Pic at 82.4kg photo Family pic a_zpsbsjscxbi.jpg

And here you are After (NOW- WOW)
    10kgs down at 72.4kg photo Sue fashion shots  17_zpsjve4pk6j.jpg

Sorry had to do your before and after pictures to appear straight up to see the difference.
    SJ- you have done everything right, just copy and paste “HTML” code here and pictures will appear directly here.

And whoa… what a transformation. Somebody pointed it right, you look 10 years younger and 10 kilos lighter… True inspiration.

CG, wooo hooo for being pain free. You are right, you are getting excited about being under the knife, however you are looking at what happens AFTER… very happy that you are getting closer to what you really want at this time. Hope you are having a wonderful time with family!!!

Upt, thanks you so so so much for sharing the pictures. I love to travel and this stuff really fascinates me… Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Lotus, enjoy your yum cha today!! very good idea about preparing yourself in advance. When I go out to eat, I just attack at food….LOL…. Old habits die hard… ha ha ha

And and and…. I am fasting today, not really inspired, but guess will have to do it regardless…. 🙂 🙂

And I have decided that this will be a NO ALCOHOL week, just to see if I can break the plateau with that…
    FB

Greetings fellow determined Aussies,

I’m baaack! I’ve been away, holed up inside my own head and-doing guess what? Yup. But, I need to get back on track before I do too much damage. So, after I press submit, I will read all of the many posts I’ve missed and take courage, strength, and delight in all of your accomplishments.

If you are fasting today-good on you. Be strong.
    If you aren’t, don’t be me! Be sensible 🙂

lacie

Viewing 50 posts - 5,401 through 5,450 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.