Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,101 through 5,150 (of 14,786 total)

• Thanks CG!
    Good night team! Fast Day for me tomorrow 🙂

GG do so hope you’re feeling better soon. Haven’t lost your sense of humour though I can see!
    Lotus the blowout days do happen but keep posting and we’ll try and keep you honest. POst & ask for some help – there’s usually someone around to guide you away from whatever it is. Or have a bite of something yummy or decide it will be 1/2 of something & that’s it …and then stick to it. Gives you a real thrill to know that you have THE POWER over food, at least that’s what I find (hehe most of the time!). Both being carb lovers doesn’t help does it?
    Had a good FD and clocked in at 477 cals. Had yummy salmon for dinner brushed with sweet chilli sauce….mmmm. Got one cup of coffee with milk to go & hope that’s enough to get me to bed. Such a cold night. Bit more of a challenge don’t you all find on cold, wintry days. All the best for tomorrow’s weigh-in ladies. But whatever the result just hang in there…hang in there..hang in there. They say you lose more weight hanging upside-down anyway! Must be time to post a pic soon. suejen

Suejen- I just read your post and it helped 🙂 I’m still up marking and almost hit a snack .

Taco glad it helped. So..you a teacher? I was for 20 years or so. Loved it apart from the marking. And so glad you were able to resist that snack or at least have a teensy one! Byee suejen

Lotus-No junk food!

I saw a book at a neighbor’s house called “Eat Food”. And that’s exactly what it advocated. If it doesn’t look like nature created it, do not eat it. For me? Much as I sometimes crave junk food, it never really seems to deliver on its promise of wonderfulness. Was pondering this last night:

I binge (although am learning not to!!). When I do, I don’t sit down with a plate of good food and enjoy savoring it. Dopey me. I’d be better off with homemade pasta with a creamy sauce simply because I’d know what I’m eating, I’d enjoy it because my efforts produced it, and I’d remember eating it. It’d be an event. This is just me, oversharing. Sorry 🙂 No junk food, Lotus. You can do it. Yesterday, I took it one hour at a time. Made it through well under my calorie limit. Try taking it an hour at a time. I’m sending you positive thoughts.

Weigh in this morning-scales didn’t move which is miraculous considering my food editor was off all week. I ate, and drank, like a woman possessed. Ugh

Fit, I remain in awe at all of your personalized responses. I s*** at that. But, to all of my fellow determined Aussies-Thanks for listening, be as kind to yourselves as you have been to me, and keep on keeping on.
    Have a good weekend. Be good. If you must indulge, do so wisely and mindfully 🙂
    xx
    lacie

Lacie, Lotus – I know where you’re coming from with the blow-outs and binging….I try not to have rubbish in the house but I even manage to binge on good food when I’m in the humour!!! The only ray of hope I have to offer is that those binge days seem to be coming less often and my ‘Stop, that’s enough!’ button seems to be working a little better! So hang on in there, this wol of life is definitely changing our relationships with food and it is worth sticking with it. Lacie – thank you for your kind words; I like trying to respond individually because it makes each person more real to me and I feel I can get to know each of these wonderful people as separate personalities. Also, I’m retired, so I have the time!! 😉

Sue Jen- thanks for the thoughts and hints on how to deal with blow-outs. I really liked the idea of having less of something I liked rather than eating too much of it or depriving myself. Will practice this on my next feed day (tomorrow…)

Lacie – Thank you so much for the positive thoughts! I could feel them reaching out to me this morning, so ready to fast today 🙂 Actually, probably what I did binge on yesterday was not really junk food (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato sandwich for breakfast, lunch a small portion of vegetable curry and rice, dinner of Potato Gozleme (or rather, its Indian version, Parantha) and chiffon cake) – it was just good, homemade food but in excess, and also, way too many carbs! TDEE was about 1800 calories (or slightly lesser)
    As a result – I do have a case of tummy runs this morning. So that would teach me! 🙂

Fit – thankfully days like this don’t happen too often for me now, but I do tend to overeat on non-FDs. Have to learn that a feed day is not a Free Pass day!

Good morning team…happy Friday and weigh in day team. Don’t be too harsh on yourself if things did’t quite go as planned. You ARE still doing better than prior to joining 5:2 🙂 It’s human to be tempted into yummy foods, and no food is banned on 5:2 it’s just portion control and in the colder weather we automatically reach for more to keep our bodies warm and fuled 🙂 Our 5:2 is still working because your choices are better than before, your conscience won’t let you do too much damage.
    Well I’m still sitting on 75.3k and prefer to think of it as my stable weight rather than a plateau….awful word when watching our weight…I seem to zigzag between 74.7 and 75.5 so things are still happening but I’m in no rush 🙂 and happy with the way I look now and feel. 26k loss (57.3 lbs) has to make a difference in my well being 🙂 …sounds better in pounds doesn’t it?
    Lotus don’t stress the small stuff, you make it difficult on yourself, if you enjoyed what you ate, no damage is done! Your meals don’t sound at all problematic and your portion size would have been so much smaller than in the past. Just move on, the more you obsess, the more you’ll be thinking about food. Only look back to see how far you have come, not to berate yourself 🙂
    Taking my car down for a service, out in the cold, getting a loan car so back shortly. Have a great Friday team, our 5:2 is PART of our life NOT all of it ….CG xxxx

Good Morning Gang
    I am hanging out for those weigh in results this morning. Where is everyone, sleeping??? LOL
    As my last post suggested that yesterday was not a fast day. So, i made a decision to have my weigh in with all of you here on Friday. So, weighed in this morning, slight movement, now I am 70.3 kgs.
    So, really 200 grams less. well the trend is downward so I am happy. I also realized (had that light bulb moment) that I am badly constipated for last 3 days, which means no trips to the throne at all (sorry tmi), maybe once my insides clear up, I may see some change in weight, even 500 grams movement will bring me to those 6’s….lol. So, I am looking at the glass half full right now. 🙂

Lotus your chiffon cake got my attention..haha ha. I am such a cake person. You said homemade, di dyou make it yourself? Mind sharing the recipe? I know its not in line with 5:2, so maybe put the recipe here with a WARNING that its high in calories… LOL

SJ, what a good advise re controlled portions.
    Lacie, You are so right about junk food. It is mostly gluttony. I feel so so bad after eating such stuff, so better remain away.

Fit, I agree with Lacie on your responses, you are so thorough with everyone’s posts. Honestly, i look forward to your post as I know that it will have something for me personally…. 🙂 🙂 Thanks for your efforts and making all of us feel special and heard 🙂 🙂
    and everyone else in the gang, we are all hanging around for weigh in results.
    Catch ya later…
    FB

FB – Good one on the downward trend! And as the extra material passes – more losses! woohoo for you.

Chiffon cake was not home made – it was from an Asian Shop (Green Coloured, Pandan Flavour, really yummy). When I looked it up on my calorie counter, it was quite lighter than other cakes at 97 calories per serve. Apparently more amount of eggwhite than egg yolk than SL flour, and much less sugar. It has a really soft, spongy texture.

Googled the recipe for you – it looks doable
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCDSsgFdKEw
    http://kitchentigress.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/pandan-chiffon-cake-step-by-step-video.html
    http://kitchentigress.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/pandan-chiffon-cake.html

CG, thanks for the lovely post. Yes, noted, not obsessing (any longer) 🙂

Hello to all,

I am debating whether to stay on this thread as I am in a different time zone and with so many folks I don’t feel that I can adequately address people personally as a rule.

I would like to continue to post my experiences and learn from yours but do not want to offend if I am not responding personally to folks. I am int he middle of a very busy time in my career.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

I am on an unplanned FD today, as I had one on Monday, had a reduced cal day on TUes (900) and then felt out of sorts on Wednesday. Had not slept well for a couple of days and this was a departure from the general increase in good sleep. Because we are trying to figure out food sensitivity for me I have restricted a lot of food groups due to recommendations. However I felt an urge to eat rice and just to eat in general, so I did not fast on Wednesday as planned and told myself that I would give myself a pass today if I did not feel better. I do believe the surge in crabs was helpful to me, and a reduction in carbs as a rule is also better for me.

Was not sure how I felt when I started today so took some food just in case, but have been able to do my normal FD and am happy to be on track. I could hear what I thought was a version of CG’s encouraging wrods in my mind. 🙂 Looks like its Friday morning for you all. Happy Friday and I wish you all a great weekend.

We are pulling out the grass in the front and will be putting in a veg garden as I don’t see the point anymore in watering the grass when we don’t spend anytime in the front yard. Bid project so will probably not be able to connect with you all until next week. Be well, R

Stay well Raven. You don’t need to connect to or address each person on this thread personally. Take your time to reply / just post your thoughts / vent. Always an interesting read from you 🙂

Well I tried the scales 3 times in 3 different spots LOL and I saw a 71.9 for a millisecond but my official weighin is 72.0….despite my sneaky efforts! So a loss of 500g. And next week will see a 71 something. Yeah!! Post more later out the door to work. Sj xx

Raven – the beauty of this forum is that you can check in whenever you feel like it or whenever you have the time. As I am also on the other side of the world from most people here, I did feel a little out of sync with everyone in the beginning, but now I love waking up to see what posts have been left while I’ve been asleep. I know it must be harder for you when you have limited time to check in, being busy with work and family commitments. There is no need to address people individually either – that’s just a personal choice for me and some other posters; but most of what we write is general advice which we hope will be of help to anyone who needs it. Lots of us have similar issues, so we can share our experiences, what worked or didn’t and hopefully support each other in this wol. Be kind to yourself and don’t try to do too much too soon – it takes time for you system to adjust to fasting and feeding. I hope you find out what foods are an issue for you and also find a solution to your sleep problem. Others here have suggested being low in magnesium or fluids can affect sleep.
    CG – your loss is truly incredible and you must be so proud of what you have achieved and how infectious your positive attitude is – a born leader!
    FB – the loss is starting again so keep the faith….I’m sure when things (!) move on out of your system, there will be more good news.
    Lotus – I have no idea what a chiffon cake is but, as other have said, total denials don’t work here – a little of something tasty (remembering portion control 😉 ) allows us to keep going with 5:2 instead of giving up, as happens with other weight loss programmes.
    Night, night all…..catch up in the morning! Xxx

Good Morning everyone!!! feeling fabulous today….. Oh thats right its FRIDAY peeps!! woohoo!

ok so fd was ok yesterday until……. i scoffed a block of chocolate like a woman posessed ( oh dear) . oh well as Scarlett says……

thanks for all the support and encouragement! Sick kids happen thats part of life and i am just lucky i work for a lovely small buisiness, so miss 8yo got to come to work with me for 2 days, and on tuesday the accounts lady was working and made a big fuss of her!

why am i so happy today you ask??? – Cheerleading is back on! yay! I have missed the workout i get from it and having fun with my friends! and its mothers day on sunday which is a lovely excuse to sleep in, relax and have fun with the kids!

Have a Fab friday AD’ers!

cheers M.O.M

Oh what lovely positive posts team. Your a marvel Fit at remembering every one else’s posts to reply to. Raven, not many of us can do that, I read all posts, then summarise my response to the team rather than individuals 🙂 Being on the other side of the world, as Fit said, is no deterrent to being part of our team. We look forward to all posts, all shared info, all different perspectives of our life with 5:2 🙂 Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is shared world wide, determination is non nationality based……it’s us as humans with one shared goal, to be slimmer making us healthier and not carrying the excess fat which is a health issue world wide. And we are beating it…together 🙂 the fact most of us are Aussies is a bonus but not denying others from joining us. We speak the same lingo, slang etc….but are very warm and sharing people and welcome all with open arms. And we, like Fit, like to wake up to posts which come whilst we are sleeping 🙂
    I’ve dropped my car (Rav4) off for service and they gave me a little Yarris car as a loaner, dear little thing, very nifty, got really comfy until I had to get out…ouch, so damn low to the ground, not bad back friendly! Anyway, into putting ironing away, freezing guavas in portions, etc etc etc, always something that stops me sitting on my bum and doing nothing 😉 have a great Friday team, the start of our Freedom time, meatballs in gravy with oven fried chips tonight, few beans so it’s healthy 🙂 yummo
    FB, you’re doing so well, oh to be stuck on 70k, some people have all the luck! 🙂 …xxxx

Morning all back from my little school bus job now. Let’s see what you all been up to!
    MoM you’re always so upbeat even after you’ve scoffed a block of chocolate. As CG says don’t obsess. Or maybe we should take on Frozen’s theme song…..Let it go…….let it go. And FB you need to do this too…but in a different way!
    On that note I’ve always had a problem with a slow system so I do regularly take Metamucil (psyllium). I tried the glass of water/chia seeds for a while but they get stuck in your teeth. But what I’ve been doing lately is taking a double dose on a FD due to the low cal intake, and my weight loss has been better/more reliable. Just a thought in case it might work for a few others.
    Fit you are wonderful with your personal replies & please know that we all do appreciate them so much – it’s like having a long distance penpal!
    CG I reckon your shift in thinking is a good idea….your stable weight sounds much more positive and acknowledges your great achievements. If you lose any more…well done too. It takes the pressure off (aah used to love that song).
    Lotus I stopped a while back thinking of NFD’s as Feast Days or Free Pass Days. So I use the term Feed Days cos that to me, brings to mind a picture of healthy, controlled eating (with some treats that I’ve been drooling about) rather than binging on unhealthy stuff. Maybe it’ll do the same for you or we can think of a better term?
    Raven you do whatever suits you on this forum it’s all good. We’ll just be interested to see how you’re going with 5:2 when you do post, and no we don’t need individual responses. We’re all learning from each other all the time. So do drop in.
    Lotus going to look up that Chiffon Cake 97 cals for a slice of cake is pretty good…when you’ve factored it into your day. I wonder if it’s the same as the good old Angel Food cake – they were mainly egg white too?
    FB great that you had a loss AND a movement on the scales at last. You’re so right and the trend is downward. Aren’t we such demanding creatures with the scales – well I know I was this morning! We always want MORE. Don’t let them control us or our mood. With our 5:2 aussie determination we’re bigger than that. And we all know that the BIG picture is getting smaller!
    Lacie taken me a lifetime to realise that junk food doesn’t deliver, or if I did enjoy it the guilt or simply the stuffed yuk feeling that came after wasn’t worth it. I’ve certainly moved right away from processed foods and you’ll find, as most of us have, that your craving for junk food and binging will diminish with time – apart from the occasional blowout as we’re all human. Did you enjoy it…great…then move on. Have a fantastic day all. I’ve got 2 big eggplants from the garden so we’re having Moussaka for dinner. High in cals but I’ve factored that in. Byee team sj

PS Forgot to add: I used to be in another forum on yet another diet and they were all from the USA. I guess this is more of an american expression but I was ranting one day with a buddy because I’d eaten 1600 cals instead of our measly 1200 every day. And her reply was “Silly woman. Don’t have a cow over 1600 cals!” Might help next time you eat more than you planned. It’s not that bad.

TGIF!
    I just thought to check in before I head out to walk my errands. I love reading so many positive posts. And hearing about huge amounts of weight being lost this way is truly encouraging. I mean, in kilos or pounds, those are amazing numbers, CG. Good on ya 🙂 Now I am on a mission to catch up.

Raven, stay with us. I agree with everyone else-It’s so great to wake up to new posts and even more encouragement. Especially this week. If it weren’t for everyone here, goodness only knows what I’d be eating, planning on eating, and drinking right now. Instead, since I’m feeling a bit peckish I am going out for a walk to calm it down a bit before I eat. AND with the scale not moving cuz my week foodwise was a shocker-I refuse to let guilt fuel my weekend. That’s an old, tired habit.

Got some very good news yesterday (I am a tad superstitious so I can’t tell you guys yet. Not til it’s signed, sealed, delivered so to speak) and hubby suggested champagne. But, we waited til today as we were fasting yesterday. Amazing. Anyhow, I will balance the champers with a good dinner of fish and ???

Enjoy the day.
    ta ta for now,
    lacie

Fit I reckon you must have been a master of precis at school! How do you manage to post to everyone and make your posts so darn brief yet meaningful? Mine are epilogues!

Suejen, don’t worry about it, I love reading your epilogues 🙂 xxxxx

Hi team and once again so many interesting reads. Oh I LOVE Fridays. It’s like mission accomplished for another week and some treats for the soul. I was rather surprised to see I’d lost another 500 gms this week. I’ve been a bit slack and had my own blowout with a large packet of salted mixed nuts. Just like chocolates, once I’ve started I just gobble them up.
    Fitto I too have bowl, constipation issues which are exacerbated by the diet. I’ve recently started taking Flaxseed ( one of our team suggested it ). One needs to drink lots of water when using it as it can cause a bowel obstruction. – Mayo Clinic. It sees to be working for me. I’ve been soaking it in cold water and then adding it to casseroles, soups and today to a loaf of bread I’m baking. I too take psyllum husks on a regular basis. I hope this helps.
    Well it’s cold and windy here today and I’m glad I got out earlier today ( well rugged up ) to take Peppwr for a walk. It’s a day for a nice hot soup plus warming casserole.
    Lotus you seem to enjoy Asain cooking. I love Asain food. Do you have any recipes using Rice noodles? After eventfully getting some Shiitake mushrooms plus other Asain Grocery goodies I’m keen to start using them. Most of them seem to be low in calories plus super full of flavour.
    XX Doggy

Hello everyone,
    The experience of reading all your posts is so inspiring that it keeps me on track. I am getting very clear that this is a journey, for life, and to remember that when I get to a plateau.

I had two fast days this week – the second was sooooo baaaad!!!! I did not plan, and ate rice for two meals. Still, I lost 500 gms this week. Hooray to me!

Today I weigh 62 kilos. I am quite short, so my ideal weight is about 52 kgs. You may think that 62 kilos is almost there – but it is all relative. For me to get under 60 ? Well-you will all know about it. Haven’t been there for years.

I love my diet tracker – am learning so much about the food I am eating – and one would think I should know it by now.

Thank you and with gratitude and love, Ruth Elizabeth x

Hi Doggy! Congratulations on the 1/2 kilo (more than 1 pound!) lost!!
    I make Singapore Rice Noodles with my rice noodles and also a very South Indian “Lemon Rice noodles”. Will post recipes the thread this weekend. Although Singapore Rice noodles recipes are available on Net too 🙂
    RE- that’s a great loss mate. Congrats!! 10 kilos weight loss aim – if you lose even 1 kilo a month, you will there within a year (maybe at 5 kilo point, if you comfortable, reassess your aim) 😉

Dogsable,

I saw your post about Asian food/rice noodles. I wanted to suggest kelp noodles. I have been using them on FD with an Asian flair. I wil use a bit of broth, bok choy, shitake mushroom, fish sauce, soy, garlic. One could add their protein and make it the meal. The noodles are nominal in calories. Some people use miracle or zero noodles but the kelp have a bit more concisistency that I like. I bet you could add a little curry to the broth as well! Just thought of that and will have to do it on my next FD.

Another FD in the bag for me and soon to bed. Didn’t plan on doing it today but wanted to keep the commitment if possible. So much more doable to keep busy. Worked with clients, a couple tonight and there is nothing like others peoples problems to help keep your attention off of hunger. But I do have to mention that at one point they were rather angry with one another and right in the middle of their back and forth to
    Imaging of accusations at each other my stomach rumbled so loud that they both stopped and started at me. Really. Well, It’s one way to get them to stop bickering. See the 5:2 has added another tool in my tool belt of interventions as a marriage counselor. 🙂

OMG Raven, just laughing at the image you just created. SO funny LOL

What’s eve more amusing is my apparent inability to spell check:-)

didn’t notice any major ones – I think the eye skips over them when reading informal stuff (blogs, posts etc) 🙂

Wow, everyone’s reported at least half a kilo loss after reporting the blow outs during the week. What an amazing WOL.
    SJ, I am the same, I try n get that 100 grams down by stepping up and down the scales at least 2 to 3 times…LOL, it is so funny, but seems apt for the moment.

So, congrats all for the losses and anyone who’s plateaued like me, hang on, things are happening inside. We have been good and it will serve us one day, Well, one fine day…
    RE, I understand when you say that your current weight may seem like goal weight to us (well for me that’s my goal weight), but you are working towards your own goal. Trying to get back to weight that you once had. Very much understandable and fair. All the best in your efforts.

Raven, it really doesn’t matter if you are not able to address posts individually. As long as your get some motivation/relief from reading here, then please continue to participate. We learn so much from each other. And yes, The picture that you painted is actually very funny. LOL

SJ, I love reading the epilogues, so keep ’em comin!!!

Lotus, your chiffon cake had such a big impact on me, I had to go to Asian Bakery shop to get one myself. Got a golden sponge (super soft) , a slice came at 130 cals, so I quickly gobbled it and it was so divine. No harm done as I skipped lunch to accommodate that slice of cake. YUMMYYYY!!!!!

Movie night for me and OH tonight. We will be heading off soon (in 15 mins) for couple of beers or vinos followed by Thai dinner and then movie.
    My parents are taking care of my little one, so this is a kind of dinner and movie date for us. Soooo looking forward to it!!!!

So, here’s an early nighty nite gang!!!
    and happy rest of Friday
    FB

Have a happy time FB 🙂 Look your smashing best for your special date night 🙂

Yes, have a great night FB, it’s lovely that you and OH still have a romantic date together xxxxx

Hi Suejen, yes I am a teacher 🙂

RAVEN STAY……You have given us such a laugh with your amusing post The tum will gurgle at anytime!. Not all of us answer individually . I read the posts and write down what each member has said so I name each. Keep on enjoying the thread.YOU ARE ONE OF US!
    Congratulations to all who had losses today. WELL DONE!!!! YOU ARE ALL TOTALLY AWESOME.
    Even those of us that are experiencing the dreaded PLATEAU…. will are still doing well …its still is happening on the inside. YOU CAN BEAT THIS!
    With my FLU this week My weigh in this morning was 71.5kgs…. Still pleased , but it was the toast and the choccies and the lozangers and the cough syrup and the ice cream and and and….there is next week to be better.

FB – You and EYE CANDY” have a fab nite together

Keep warm and enjoy your Friday NIght………GO GALxxxx

Absolutely GG let the comfort food reign for now….you need it. And when you’re ready for it and feeling much better just ease your way back in. And don’t worry if you have a few slip-ups that’s to be expected with time off and eating more comfort foods. Be patient with yourself and you’ll be back in the swing of it soon! Sending hugs your way and get better wishes. suejen XX

Hi everyone, I lost 300 grams this week- I wanted a kilo but a loss is a loss and I am glad. I can’t wait to lose my tummy and double chin. Lol 🙂 ps I will go through all the posts this weekend and respond. CG – I am trying not to obsess – my obsession is my worst enemy. Talk to you all this weekend xxx

Hi All!
    Another brilliant lot of posts to wake up to this morning…Friday for me of course!
    CG – had to laugh at your comment on my memory, as I am famous for my bad memory amongst family and friends! No mystery as to how I manage to reply individually, as I just scroll up and down the page and write my comments one by one. Boring and methodical, SJ, I think, rather than master of anything!! 🙂 BTW – also love your epilogues..that’s what so lovely here, everyone has their own way of responding and the variety is far from boring xx
    MoM – totally with you on the chocolate front ha ha. So glad your cheer group started up again; it will be good for you, body and soul. Enjoy! 🙂
    Lacie – you have the right idea to distract yourself and get out of the house for a walk and some errands. By the time you get back, the temptation will have passed, with any luck! Really hoping your good news works out for you xx
    Doggy – well done on your loss, this wol keeps delivering the surprises, doesn’t it? Thankfully!!
    RE – well done you too – no need to apologize here for your goal or to compare yourself to anyone else. You choose what is right for you and we are all behind you 100%.
    Hey Raven – you can’t leave us now; your story was so funny – I can just picture it now…brilliant! More stories, please!!
    FB – enjoy your date night, you deserve it!
    GG – just getting yourself better is your only goal for the moment; the rest will follow in its own sweet time, as we all know with this wol. Take care…did you try the Irish coffee? (not naughty, purely for medicinal purposes only, of course 😉 )
    Taco – well done on your loss too; it’s all going in the right direction! I agree it is hard not to obsess – it took me a long time to realise how this is definitely a marathon, not a sprint; a wol, not a fad – so relax, breathe and know that you are getting there at a pace that is right and works for you.
    Had a bit of a eureka moment myself as I was trying to see when could I fit in my second fast day this week (alot of family commitments and occasions), when suddenly, it dawned on me that I don’t need to do a second fast this week if it doesn’t suit me!!!!!! How stupid am I?! So, I’ll just try not to go mad foodwise (can’t promise about other ways!) and get back on the horse next week! Happy weekend, gang!! 🙂

Hey FIT- yes OH did make an IRISH COFFEE……It was more IRISH than coffee!! and he even put whipped cream on to. No wonder I slept so much. ……GO GAL xxx

Ha ha GG – well done OH!! Bet you slept like a baby! 😉

Oh dear – my eureka moment just turned around and bit me on the a**! It seems my system decided that since I wasn’t bothering with a second fast day this week, all bets were off and it would be ok to eat just about everything in sight! Oh well….I’ll definitely be doing two fast days next week, if not three!! Aaaargh!! 🙁

Good morning team, Fit I did exactly the same thing yesterday, nothing was off limit! I ate everything and anything, no rhyme or reason….damn! It wasn’t hunger, that’s for sure, just insatiable greed or gutsyness! More for my mouth, something to crunch in my teeth, ended up with fresh crumpets and butter with marmalaid with my night time coffee..grrrr
    Today is a new day, right? For some reason our bodies tell us what we need/want and we just follow the calling…blindly. Fortunately our 5:2 is very forgiving, as we all know, so onward and downward team, our path is still ahead 🙂
    Have a lovely Saturday team, very wintery here, so inside catch up chores for me, don’t sweat the small stuff, just move on, don’t look back with regrets, only look back to see how far you have come 🙂 CG xxxx

Exactly what happened to me on Thursday. Must be an epidemic LOL 🙂

Hello team wherever you are in the world. Thank you Lotus for your suggestion of Singapore noodles. I will look out for them. Raven thanks for the kelp suggestion too. I don’t know about anyone else but I’m wary of food imported from China. I don’t wish to offend anyone who is Chisnese but I know what they use for fertiliser. I guess Kelp would be safe though.
    I had a down day yesterday for some reason. I felt fat. Yes I am overweight otherwise I wouldn’t be on this diet. This is the first time since starting the 5:2 that my mood hasn’t been buoyant. Then to cheer myself up I raided the grocery cupboard and eat some salty biscuits. Then I felt guilty because I’d eaten them! Oh what it is to be human. I’m feeling better today and it’s always interesting to read your posts, what your occupations are and what is going on in your lives. Raven with your line of work you would find that there is always someone worse off than yourself and some who have huge problems in their lives.
    I have just cooked up some of Lotus’s Tofu and Veg soup, enough for two serves. I’ll freeze them so that’s two meals sorted for my FD next week. I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve stopped using MFP. I find it quite annoying really. I just google what calorie count I’m after for any specific food and just use a calculator. Anyhow that works for me.
    Enjoy the day team and if you are a sports fan, I hope your team wins. Collingwood got beaten last night so that cheered me up!
    Cheers Doggy

Morning all it’s a beautiful looking day here in the south west so I’m feeling sunshine happy! We’re heading out of town so OH can go to a bird refuge to take photos of black cockatoos for his paintings. Will probably end up buying lunch so will be careful what I choose….or not as the case may be!
    Had a bit of a train of thought going this morning around 5:2. It went something like this.
    5:2 is Fantastic as it gives us results.
    5:2 give us Freedom but only non fast days, of course.
    5:2 is Fabulous…no more needs to be said.
    5:2 is Freeing as nothing is off limits, unless we decide it is.
    5:2 is Fun …mmm is that 5:2 or the aussie determination forum ha!
    5:2 is Famous and each of us making it more so every day.
    5:2 is Favourite as it’s the most favourite and last diet we’ll ever need.
    5:2 is Faithful despite plateaus, zigzags and binges.
    5:2 is Forgiving this we all prove every week.
    5:2 becomes Familiar, like the old comfy slippers we put on with ease.
    5:2 takes our Fattish selves and turns us slowly, oh so slowly into trim and slim.
    Our 5:2 can be Frustrating and Fretful at times
    But if we stay Focussed and look Forward not back
    5:2 will have the Final word as we all reach our goal.

That’s it for today folks. Have a great weekend. sj

Good Afternoon AD Gang
    Ah, it’s Saturday n I am not working today. Lots of household chores to be completed but I am enjoying the chores and singing n dancing along the way!
    Very rightly put thoughts SJ. And last two lines summed it all!!
    Enjoy your lunch and sunshine.
    Doggy, i am the same for couple of days. For some reason I am fighting with mood swings at the moment. I can’t seem to put a finger on cause as there is still time for Aunt Flo.
    Let’s cheer up n make the most of this weekend.
    CG & Lotus, i think that the indulgences are due to the cold weather. Its just very tricky, isn’t it?
    GG, your Irish coffee with whipped cream sounds delish! Maybe have two next time 😉 !!!
    Taco, congrats on the loss, 300 grams is still a loss n trend is downwards, well done!!
    Fit, take it easy, enjoy your social commitments n you can concentrate on fasting week later.

My date night was awesome. Had few beers, then Thai dinner n movie. Stepped on scales this morning, up by 1 kilo at 71.3 kgs…. Oops……. Lesson learnt, never step on scale after a blow out day…..
    Well, not worried as I am sure this will come off after 1 fast day.

Today is going to be a social night as well. My plan is to water down my wine (half water half white wine), but, but, but food is going to be the issue. Well, we will see 🙂 n one can only try 🙂

Just a thought , I have noticed (with experience of course) if I keep on Indulging (eating n drinking) even once a week, I am not going to lose any further weight. Its just maintenance.
    If I need to lose further weight, then I have to stick to strict NFD.
    I am going away for a short vacation to Gold coast this coming week Thursday, will be back Sunday next week n that is when I plan to start proper 5:2 again with bit stricter NFD.
    Here’s my plan out n aloud in cyberspace, so I better stick to it!!!
    Enjoy the weekend Gang….. FB

Suejen,
    Ha! Fantastic! Thanks R

Afternoon!
    Still in the barking competition with Oscar!.
    SJ- Thanks for the 5:2 “RULES OF ENGAGEMENT” very good!
    FB- Baba – you weigh the same as MUMMA….. that’s not bad….. You are beautiful and confident….. just remember that. Have a fabulous time in the warmth of OLD . Your parents will love seeing the Great Barrier Reef.
    CG- flight booked to NSW for you to continue house cleaning duties here…. LOL
    TACO- well done on the loss… you are doing well!
    As a wise and caring bird tells us Don’t sweat the small stuff…. Life is there to enjoy” and you have all achieved so much in the journey of 5:2. we are all in this for the long haul. This is our WOL and WOE ….WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION and WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!! Happy Saturday you awesome lot…….GO GALxxxxx and Hugs<3

Hi All!
    Loving the positivity here this morning folks.
    CG – that’s why I luvya….you’ve always been there, done that and come out the other side smiling and movin’ on!!
    Lotus – let’s hope the epidemic has passed….that’s enough of that!! 🙂
    SJ – fabulous, fantastic, phantasmogorical, feel-good, fruitful, full-on, feisty, flipping first-class; just like you!! XX
    Doggy – you are doing great, hang on in there, the downer will pass. I do believe that our systems need the occasional blast of savoury or sweet foods to balance things out again when we have been eating in moderation for weeks. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!!! 😉
    FB – glad you enjoyed your date night and also have some lovely things to look forward to in the coming weeks. As we all know, 5:2 is adaptable, flexible and will be waiting for you when you’re ready to get back into it.
    GG – sounds like you’re on the mend – must be the Irish coffee, emphasis on the ‘Irish’ bit, of course!!!!! 😉
    Happy remainder of the weekend to all you terrific ADers!

Fit, I guess your Saturday if just starting so our past is your future 🙂 Have a happy Saturday no matter what you choose to do, put yourself first at times and enjoy. Take care my friend, life is short so enjoy, do something different, buy a different flavour icecream 🙂 xxxxxx

Good evening team! Those of us out socialising, have fun, stay warm and safe 🙂 those of us at home, time to snuggle up! I made vegetable soup today from the Coles / Woolworths soup mix veggie pack (our supermarkets). Put in ingredients in calorie counter and came up to 100 calories for 1 big bowl ( I put in recipe for four portions, actually there is more like 6-7 portions in there). So a very good fast day recipe, was very filling, I sauted the soup veggies in Olive oil with a bay leaf and garlic clove, and then cooked in water and then blended to make a thick soup (according to MM, apparently better for satiety?) anyway, family slurped it up with grilled sandwiches. The extra portions are my FD staple for next week, minus grilled sandwiches! Also worked out really cheap! But I am preaching to the converted here about soup 😉
    SJ – thanks for trying my tofu and veggies soups 🙂 I hope they freeze ok? I have never made extra portions as Asian veggies seem better just cooked and eaten.
    Hope you found Singapore noodle recipe online. If not, let me know, so I can put (my non-authentic!) version in the thread…
    Oh Fit- I love your alliterations on SJ’s take on 5:2. We are a poetical lot on this thread eh? Is the “treasure’s” influence I wonder?
    Xx Lotus

Lotus, I made soup today too but cauliflower. Safeways has them really cheap this week, even better than Aldi, so I bought two, one for soup the other as a veg…the soup is yummy, I put curry in it and a can of coconut cream the lite one, very low cal so will freeze in portions too. Blowing wildly outside but lovely and cosy inside, cuddled up in my jammies ready for a movie. Nighty nite, oh be safe if you are going out in this weather 🙂 night again xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 5,101 through 5,150 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.