Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,051 through 5,100 (of 14,786 total)

• 1. Good morning all from Sydney, Australia where it is about three and a half weeks to winter.
    2. First FAST DAY yesterday using ‘my fitness pal’ – I was able to keep my food intake to only 497 calories. !!!!!!
    3. Dinner was different but delicious – tomato, cheese, avocado, celery, lime juice.
    4. This morning I cut out the pineapple at breakfast and replaced it with tomato.
    5. A ‘play day’ with my husband today, however will commit to no coffee and cake – just a lovely lunch somewhere, with sensible portions.
    6. Love reading the stories.
    7. Can’t wait for weigh in on Friday.
    xx

CG – love your list of things to do to distract or cheer ourselves up. I’d also advocate home pampering – facial, mud-pack, hair mask, manicure/pedicure etc; they put in the time if you’re stuck indoors and you look and feel gorgeous afterwards. 🙂 What do others ADers do? Share your favourite pick-me-ups and we’ll soon be happy campers again.
    RE – your ‘play day’ with hubby sounds intriguing and could be on the list! 😉

Thank you Fit, I hoped I wasn’t over stepping my place, but the saddness theme seems to be running through our thread at the moment, of course it’s natural, but we can change that and make it easier for each other 🙂 xxxx

You’re so right, CG – we have to spread the positivity as well as the support. You are very perceptive and always strike the right note. XX

🙂 xxxx

Fit, as my Mum used to say,….life can be tough at times, but it sure beats the alternative 🙂 xxxxx

Morning Team are we all surviving the cold weather here? Head for those yummy hot soups and your miso too. Porridge for brekky is also quite low cal & filling just not on a FD of course. I’m finding with the cold weather that I’m adding in a little more carbs. Now I know that some of us don’t eat carbs much if at all, but for me in this weather I’m willing to give up on a bit of other food if I can have eg some mashed potato with my dinner or a bit of rice. Only very small portions compared to what I used to eat. I use MFP and work it all out & mostly I can fit in something hearty, filling and hot. Afraid I’m really only a salad girl over summer. Lotus does that sound like you too?
    Heading out with OH shopping & for lunch at a bigger town. Going to look at some clothes – have chucked half my winter wardrobe & it’s looking slightly grim! Hey….what a fabulous problem to have to address!!
    And on the same note I peeked at the scales this morning & if things go according to plan I should see 71 by Friday. I LOVE getting to a new number ie sixes! Don’t care a fig how long I take (huge change for me) but I know that with 5:2 I WILL get there. We will all reach our goals with 5:2 so long as we keep on keeping on. Have a luverly day team and remember WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER suejen XXX

Greetings all. I did not post yesterday as we had the most atrocious weather. I live at the coast and this latitude is not called the Roaring Fourties for nothing. We had gale force winds with driving rain for much of the day and into the night. The whole of the North Coast of Tasmania lost power. So my WFI was down. No hot water to make a cup of tea. We have a generator which hubby connected long enough to make some toast for lunch then it ran out of fuel!
    Reverting back to a few pages ago. I grew up using imperial measurements too. I’ve sort of got used to
    Kilos but have no idea how tall I am in metres. Just can’t visualise that sort of measurement.
    I’ve just got back from doing my weekly grocery shopping. A bloke was in the supermarket checking people’s blood pressure. – if they wanted it done. I got chatting to him and told him my BP had come down a lot since starting the 5:2 diet. He’s a social worker and was very interested. He asked me if I was willing to go to his place of work and speak to some of his patients about the diet. So I’m going to do that. I won’t get too technical but just outline the basics. Our closest town is predominantly a low social economic area and there are far too many very obese folk about. If I can convert just one I’ll feel I’ve down my job. Needless to say I will give Michael all the credit.
    XX Doggy

Good Day ADs
    And thanks CG for suggesting some sad mood hacks. Getting my nails done is always a big lift for me and also shopping makes me so much better. I used to turn to Chocolates for a lift, not anymore as the buggers have damn too many calories. And no Thank you, I can’t settle with only a piece or two pieces. If I have chocolate, I need the full bar. nom …nom…nom..nom
    Apologies if this talk awakens your inner monster that feeds on Chocolate 🙂 I am not evil, believe me…

Another busy day at work today. I am not fasting today, but need to go out for drinks and dinner with work colleagues. It is one of those events that I have to attend, so I am not eating much through out the day, so that I can use those calories during dinner time. Hope it works 🙂

I am hungry though, as I did a b2b Monday and Tuesday and now technically I should be eating. Also, I can confirm with 100% assurance that I have hit the dreaded plateau. I weighed in this morning after 2 fasts (Mon & Tues), still same 70.5 kgs. Arrrggghhhhhh!!!! No matter what I do, this does not seem to move. I will be fasting again tomorrow (Thursday, as Friday again is dinner n movie date with hubby.

Its funny that I have lost 15 kgs already and the frustration still comes with a vengeance when I don’t loose any weight. Well, its been 4 weeks and I am at the same weight. The positive side of it is, that even if I eat, weight doesn’t go up as well 😉 Go figure FB….. 🙂

WOW Doggy, You are a star!!! What a great opportunity to take part in changing some one else’s life n health for good. I am clapping here for you. It is so nice of you to have accepted this guy’s invitation for the talk. Well done!!!!

And really hope that the damage done by storms is fixed asap. Hopefully everything is back up n running for you now. Have a safe one!!!

Hi team, back from town and my lunch at the RSL…wasn’t as good as usualI opted for the chicken neptune, which is usually so yummo there, but must have been an off day for the chef.. Sauce was curdled and pretty flavourless, also tiny cocktail prawns (I guess from a tin) instead of the normal big juicy flavourful prawns….just no taste at all, so left half of it…but did have 3 slices of their bread stick with butter mmmm. Home now in driving rain, so safe and warm, cooked tomatoes on toast tonight to use them up, maybe a bit of bacon on the side….all the right portions size of course though 🙂 how easy is our 5:2 hay?
    FB, things are happening inside as you know but it gets so bl…y frustrating doesn’t it. I hope you’re not over doing things, we have all found the regular pig out seems to get the metabolism up and moving again, whereas, low food intake seems to get the body hanging onto it 🙂 I seem to be eating more normally these days, colder weather too,, like you suejen, the appitite needs something to hang onto 🙂 but my portions are still small as it takes less to fill me. Still sitting on 75.5k but happy at this weight. Another 5-7 loss would be nice but all in good time. Just poured a rose-hip, lemon and ginger tea, very nice mmmm and warming AND relaxing.
    Planning day too team, just a quick thought about your fast day tomorrow, doesn’t take much, you know how to do it, good time to fill up on veggies with a bit of protein, it doesn’t take much to satisfy us now, I just bought a small piece of steak to have with fresh asparagus tomorrow night with a bit of 80% less fat philly spread warmed and poured over the asparagus….what could be easier and soup for lunch. I still have guavas to poach so may have a couple mid arvo if I need something plus another hot cuppa 🙂 This WOL is just so doable 🙂
    Doggy, good on you for spreading the word, it seems to be low income families who have the tough time with obesity. I sympathise as I think like we said the other day, if it fills the family in the cheapest way, it’s another meal done and dusted. 😉 but you’ll prove that our 5:2 way is still very cheap and very easy 🙂 good on you xx
    Well, good snuggly day for a nanny nap on the couch, heater is going, rain is pouring, wind is easing off a hit, what more could you ask for…oh, and I have a contented belly 🙂 xxxxxxx

Great posts team! Its a beautiful day in Sydney, looking longingly out the office window – I wanna go out and play!! 🙂 Went for a bit of a walk around the block, so can’t complain.
    FB – Apparently plateaus are when our bodies are adjust to a new set point ( yours is probably 70 kilos atm), seems the only way to get out of it is keep doing what we are doing. Soon. sixties for you ( and SueJen!) – how exciting!!
    Not thinking about chocolate, FD today for me.
    I had my (usual now) middle eastern salad bowl with some warm grilled chicken on it. Came to about 200 cals, I have 300 more that I can “spend” wisely 🙂
    Doggy – great work on your part, I do hope many people are inspired by your talk. Indeed, by the transformation in each one of us.

Some of my methods to beat the blues…. call a friend and share a joke, volunteer or help someone (have you noticed the high we get when do a kind act?), watch people and fashions (shallow but great fun), talk on this thread!, fake it till you make it – sometimes if we start out acting cheerfully, then the effect carries on – and vice versa, if we start out doom and gloom, its bound to affect our day, if alone at home, put on some peppy music and dance to it…

RE – Congratulations on the successful 1st Fast Day,do you have another one planned tomorrow? If so, stock up on prep stuff for it today – soup/HB egg/Mandarin orange (only 45 cals) etc…
    Also, as CG previously noted, for some of us, Friday may not be the lowest weight (due to “food in transit” and constipation issues after a FD etc etc), so weigh again on Saturday morning if you feel your weight has not gone down as anticipated (fingers crossed for you though) 🙂
    Hope you have a fun “play day” with OH, sounds intriguing eh?

HI all,

sorry been awol and don’t have time for an epic catch up post!

This week for me has been ok. FD Monday did well. Supposed to do a fd today and just didn’t feel upto it. kids have had colds / ear infection etc so I think we are all just run down.
    I decided I am going to give myself a mental break from the FD today and try again tomorrow. luckily this is a marathon and not a sprint and flexible enough to do this with!

Trying to stay positive and just eat well today 🙂 I think its the gloomy weather that isn’t helping!

cheers M.O.M

Take care M.O.M! As Scarlett said (in Gone with the wind)- tomorrow’s another day! 🙂

Lotus, my lowest was 69.5 kilos in Feb before i went overseas. I know its only half a kilo less than 70’s but I so wanna see those 6’s on scales. I am strange, am I ???
    LOLsss

Just going bk home from work dinner. Was not that bad, had some turkish bread fingers with hummus, one beer n pumpkin rissoto… And said a big NO to dessert.
    Fasting tomorrow now before I go for a movie date with hubby on Friday. So drinks n dinner on cards before movie 🙂 🙂

But hinestly, I am getting frustrated with tge plateau now. Seems I have come to the same stage when I used to feel helpless. No matter what I do this has refused to budge any lower than 70.5kilos.

I am sorry gang if I am whining too much. But cant help it!!!
    🙁 🙁 🙁 and you are my best friends to download my emotions. Apologies again!!! Sob sob

To add to the “FEEL GOOD LIST”
    1. ring a friend you have not spoken to in ages. Male or female whatever.
    2. Found a gift for a friend that is near and dear to you . ring her for her address and LOL that you misplaced it in the first place. She will understand ????? anyone come to mind?
    3. love your wonderful OH … even though you are contagious and cannot act on what you really would like to do.
    4. Post on AUSSIE DETERMINATION. You are certain to receive a boat load of humour, cyptic induendoes, love and laughs.
    5. Be yourself, love yourself, pamper yourself …..even if you are blowing your nose and coughing!!!
    6. Just lol at anything and everything! we know your crazy BUT others don’t.
    ………GO GALxxxxxxx

So Hi, gang, don’t know if this transmission will work, am on my laptop plugged into a cattle station satellite connection. I admit I had a blue day visiting the ruins of my families time in the Ewan Hills area,(which I fully intend to share with you) but one cannot be in the company of feral galahs without sucking it up! And the day has deteriorated from wallowing, to:

“… Yeah, but do you remember when we chucked crackers at the mule train so he couldn’t deliver our correspondence lessons….” and other nefarious deeds of a misspent youth (avoiding progressive modernization in them thar hills…)over the obligatory rum…. and whatever’s available…. and we ran out of coke early in the piece…so it’s cows milk straight from the source at this point. (definitely over my TDEE, but I’ll no doubt be quite happy to fast tomorrow!) It occurred to me that y’all might get a cackle out of my method of ‘curing the blues’….so since it’s a bit unusual, photographic evidence seemed a good idea(fact is stranger than fiction) I will try to take you on my travels. Expect foul ups. I am having a ball! Next stop is the outback pub that caters for all manner of ferals for the “Muther’s day, feast”! (I assure you, this has nothing to do with child birth!)

Anyway, I can’t read up all your posts in this situation and am taking a risk on the generator, but I do thank you all for caring. I am well and the Belle is holding up much better for my weight loss. love to you all xxx gyps

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/gypsybell3/My%20life%20051_zpsgoyfb

My Hidden Valley Home

Hidden in the valley
    Old memories of home
    Still hold the heart of me
    Wherever I may roam

Through the red gums
    O’er the ranges
    To the silver iron barks
    Where the running river flows
    We were children – free as larks

How fare you now, my friends?
    For I am old and worn
    My heart cries for the mountains
    For the land where I was born

At least, I think I was
    But I cannot be sure
    For all I know of me
    Are the mem’ries that endure

Through the wilderness of time
    I hear laughter by the creek
    The ghosts of children playing
    Hidden Valley hide and seek

The Glenderman’s – The Furbers
    the Reddy’s from the Fox
    The Hansons the Joneses
    chasing poddys through the rocks

The tinkling bells of mule trains
    Rumbling lorries hauling logs
    The cooees of a parent
    Calling us from chasing frogs

Sadly, sadly gone now
    I should have let it be
    But I went and walked the ruins
    And found no trace of me

What shall I say is mine, then
    When I can roam no more?
    Just an echo through the hills
    And the mem’ries that endure.
    nwx.jpg
    http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/gypsybell3/My%20life%20048_zps3tb9bulm.jpg

Hi All!
    Loving the ideas for getting over the blues and keeping ourselves on track….especially dancing around to your favourite music; will work off a few cals too so win/win!!
    Suejen – going shopping is definitely a pick-me-up; don’t we all love something new in the wardrobe, especially if it’s in a smaller size! Well done on approaching the 60s…you’ll be there soon 🙂 Also, agree about the porridge; it keeps me warm and full for hours and hours.
    Doggy – hope you’re safe and warm and that the storm has passed. I think you’re amazing to be spreading the word about 5:2 to people who might not otherwise have the opportunity to turn their lives around….good on ya!
    Oh FB – I so empathize with you about chocolate (you might remember my losing battle with a certain Toblerone!!!). Well done you for changing your mindset. As a friend said to me; “don’t reward yourself with food (chocolate, in my case!), you’re not a dog!!” 😉 Don’t give in to the plateau blues; it’s very common and you will get through it. CG is right, there are other changes going on in your system and you will be on the move again soon. Enjoy night out with OH xx
    CG – sounds like you have the right idea for staying cosy in the bad weather. Off to my french class soon and then ballroom dancing tonight with my sister – the first one since last December, when she had to stop because of shoulder surgery. I’m sure we’ve forgotten all the steps by now!
    Lotus – you are right about going through the motions until the mind catches up and we can really feel as good as we act. ‘Make the physical mental and the mental physical’. And fashion watching….what’s shallow about that?!!!! 😉
    MoM – sorry to hear about the illness in the family. Well done on FD on Monday; that’s a success. Just keep going, a day at a time 🙂
    Keep posting the uplifting ideas – it’s great fun xxxx

Gyps, wonderful heartfelt poem again, great relaxed pics too of you, your weight loss is showing my friend…..take care, nostalgia is wonderful when it’s real and you can feel it, enjoy it Gypsy, you deserve to. You sound like you had the best free childhood, what a great upbringing, kids these days wouldn’t understand. You’re lucky you can revisit it, a lot of us don’t have that option. Be safe, throw your head back and laugh, we are here for you xxxxx 🙂

Me again – seems my post crossed with some other. Loved your list GG -did I spy a little naughtiness in there?!! 😉
    Gypsy – so lovely to hear from you and your poem brought a tear to my eye..so beautiful xxxx Great photos too – you are looking so slim and trim. Glad to hear all going well with you, take care.

Must apologise, don’t know if anything got through, but think if it did it was in triplicate! really don’t know how this picture thing works only comes our as links to me??? but does that show (to everyone) the entire pics I put on the app?

Gypsy how lovely to hear from you, didn’t expect that and photos too! You can sure see your weight loss. And love the deeper, wistful tone of your poem. Hope the wind in your face and the sun on your face will blow away those blues and you’ll have happy memories of days gone by. Nature and solitude are a wonderful restorer.
    Wow Fit french class and then ballroom dancing…what fun.
    FB let’s get this straight…you are not whining too much. this is the very place to do it. So long as you keep on whining and keep on posting and keep on 5:2ing you’ll be WINNING….EVENTUALLY GIRL!! So hang in there. It will happen when your bod is ready. You may find that after your drinks & dinner movie date that your scales up and surprise you….you never know. Sometimes giving the body a surprise is good.

Well I sure beat the blues today. I went clothes shopping and everything I bought was either a size 12 or a Medium…..no more L/XL/2L etc. Well there will be some L’s cos sizes vary but you know what I mean. And all I can say is YOU LITTLE RIPPER!!!!!! So now I have a decent winter wardrobe to wear & can chuck a bit of stuff out.
    Have a great FD tomorrow everyone – are you all prepared? And are you prepared for the great results? Even if it’s not in the scales or measurements if you had a successful fast day you’re a winner. suejen XX

GYPSY- thank you for you and sharing your childhood and your heartfelt poem…. search hard and I am sure you will find something of you ….. not only childhood memories of innocence. What G8t pics of you … so slim well done !!! you fabulous you !
    FIT- yes!…. of course you detected something naughty…. would you expect less from a tresure? NOOOOOOOO not toblerone!!!!!! will it help my sore throat? YOU BET!
    SJ- welcome to size 12 or M …. if it is better than before enjoy the beautiful feeling of the clothes showing off the new you. So proud of your success …well done.
    Going to the bede…….hugs to all…..GO GALxxxxxx

What a wonderful, heartfelt poem Gypsy, and your weight loss is really showing!
    You may lose the past, or even yourself in it, but may you find it in the making of a new self, everyday, reborn again, a Phoenix rising.

Dear FB, don’t worry, just because the last times you gained weight, you felt frustrated and helpless, does not mean a small blip up (or staying same) will change the new you. The difference, you have found a sustainable, flexible tool to help you. I am hanging around in 73-74 zone for the past couple of weeks too… It’s frustrating, but hey, like SJ, we can shop average (not L or XL!!) most of time! I think your dress size may be changing even if weight static. It’s just the body thermostat setting dear.
    I tried on some trousers that were too tight before and found them loose! That’s my feel-good for today 🙂
    Have a great time at dinner tomorrow – good times = less stress= weightloss in the next few weeks 😉

Fit – great posts, and looks like you are having a ball of a time 😉 stay well!
    GG – you sound a wee bit better , hope the flu passes soon
    SJ – great shopping for new clothes in medium that too. Well done, you !

FB – you are our poster girl, you gorgeous creature you, so don’t be afraid to whine if you want..that’s what we’re here for! XXXX
    GG – sounds like you’re a gal after my own heart 😉
    Lotus and SJ – how marvellous to be getting into smaller sizes – no better tonic than that! Woohoo!!!
    Go team!!! We are all amazing! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Good morning all 🙂 Happy fasting . Wow! There is so much for me to catch up on, I cannot wait for the weekend to come around again. Lol – I’m a tad lazy.

Good morning,
    I’m sorry if I’ve been a drag. Today is my second fast day of the week. I thought about blowing it off since I’ve been off the rails all week, but have decided to buck up and get back on track today. Next week isn’t good enough! Today is here now. I’m gonna reboot.
    Here’s a question-Does anyone else have trouble sleeping on fast day night? At first I didn’t, but in the past couple of weeks (starting at about week 6 or 7) I’ve been a bit hyper in the evenings.
    The sun is shining in Sydney again, so I hope to get out in it. Here’s to a successful fast day for all of us. Stay strong. You can do it!
    ta ta for now

Good morning team, brrrrrr from country Vic, very wintery 🙂 it’s lovely to snuggle into warm clothes and thanks to our 5:2 not feel the size of a bear! Doggy take care, Tassie is really copping a cold blast.
    Fast day team, we often get the chills on these days so dress warm and drink lots of hot soups, teas or coffees. Eat warm meals if possible too.
    Lacie 5:2 does alter our sleeping pattern for some reason, we have all suffered from it, especially in the beginning. Doggy recommended magnesium, which certainly helped me, but I also bought a sleeping tab from the chemist. Quite mild, over the counter, safe but necessary. We all need our sleep, it helps heal, and if you need to be up early for work, a must! You can type not sleeping in the search bar at the top of the forum, see what others say, but it’s a common problem. Doesn’t happen now so maybe a newbie thing 😉
    Stay safe team, weather makes the roads very dangerous, GG, I hope you get the rest today you so need 🙂 (we spoke last night team) and as I keep saying…YOU CAN DO IT……..but…..tell yourself….YOU WILL DO IT …..don’t sweat the small stuff team, life is too short…be happy 🙂 xxxxxxxx

Good morning Fasters, all the best for today 🙂
    Hi Lacie.
    Good on you for sticking with the FD today! I get that almost every fast day morning – and then think, WTH, lets just do it, and by mid-morning the negative feelings and demotivation moves on.
    For sleeplessness, I have tried the Calcium Magnesium supplements and found them effective, although, now a days I just keep about 50 calories extra for either half cup of warm skim milk with honey / fruit / yoghurt about 1 hour before sleeping. Kind of fools the body into thinking it can now sleep on a full stomach 🙂
    Also, I have come to accept that on fast days, i will sleep less. Its stressing about the changes in our body that seemed to cause me grief. Sleep comes naturally, maybe an hour later than on other days or days I have eaten a huge meal. But that’s ok

Oops, couldn’t edit the last line, I actually meant to write, that on days the above strategies to fall asleep don’t work, I have come to accept it as par for the course.

See, I didn’t know about the sleep disturbance thing. My hubby who is doing this with me (bless him!) hasn’t had any trouble sleeping, but then the man can sleep anywhere, anytime. I will look into some natural ways to get over this hump. Thanks.

On to good news-I mean I’ve shared a bit o’ misery, why not a bit o’ cheer? I am, as we speak, wearing a pair of jeans I couldn’t even get my legs into AND I’m sitting in them. Howz about that? 🙂

Stay the course, folks. It’s worth it.
    After all, tomorrow is another day (So sayeth Scarlett!)

Men – my husband can lose weight just by few days of cutting back on grog or working out more – its just not fair sometimes LOL
    woohoo on the jeans Lacie!

Yeah, I’ve been at it twice as long as hubby, and he’s lost as much as me. He really doesn’t need to do it any more, but he’s hanging in with me. He does a fast day lunch and dinner, and drinks black coffee in the morning with me, but I reckon he’s indulging in a latte for morning tea, the rat!

Thanks for the woohoo-that’s what I said, too 🙂 And to think I was gonna give up. There ya go.

Hello team. Once again there are so many interesting posts to read. Without mentioning anyone specifically, I think I’ve hit the plateau too. Ip when I first started, four months ago I was losing a kilo a week. Now This slowed down. I had a peek at the scales this morning and seem to be stuck on 67.5 kilos. Taking into account my starting weight was 78 I’m doing very well. I know I will get despondent at times but will carry on and give my body time to adjust.
    Lacie I have suffered from insomnia for years. This is my solution. Years ago I bought myself a iPod. I have quite a lot of audiobooks on it. This I keep on my pillow. When I go to bed or wake up in the night I listen to it. Always a story I’ve heard before. I set the sleep timer. I find this stops the mind from going into overdrive thinking about 101 things. One can also find relaxation / self hypnosis tapes.
    FD here again. Hubby went to the Asian grocery shop for me when in the big smoke so my weekend is going to relvove around cooking up some low calorie meals using the said ingredients. Yes he too does not need to watch his weight. It’s not fair but there are some things we just can’t change. BUT we can change the way we eat. Chocolates yes my downfall too. I just don’t buy them as I’d eat the whole slab in one sitting.
    XX Doggy

Good Morning Fasting Gang
    And thanks heaps for letting me do my whining. Each n everyone of you is very patient with this…so thanks again!!

SJ …. You did it, you girly girl!!! smaller sizes n not L’s or XLs is too good. This is truly amazing.
    Lotus, that reminds me, you are already fitting into smaller sizes so why bother with tummy control briefs or stockings. Such stockings have the capability of giving the muffin top to anyone. I buy my stockings from Big W now, very comfy n lasts longer. After all, you need to wear them at work all day, cant sit uncomfortably, right?

Taco, my hubby has been doing 5:2 with me as well, i do 3 fasts in a week, he does 2, never calorie counts on NFD and still loses more than me in a week. MALE METABOLISM…. Not fair … Ha ha ha and on top of that GG called him an Eye Candy (with all that extra weight on him) LOL …. Not fair again… He he he

I am fasting again today. CG, I am not overdoing it, just my ususal 4:3. I think the reason that I am not losing any weight now is because I am not as strict as I used to be on NFD. I think if this wont move in 2 more weeks, i will resort to Fast Beach diet for 2 to 3 weeks n see if that breaks the plateau.

GYPSY, YOUR WEIGHT LOSS IS SOOOOO MUCH EVIDENT IN THESE PICTURES. You are a CHAMP now. Very happy for you. N like all others loved reading your deep meaningful poem. Very beautiful.

Signing out now Gang. Fast Day today n plan is to stay within 500 cals… 😉 😉
    Strength to All… FB

Ps: Fit, thanks for beautiful encouraging words like always. 🙂

Morning or nearly afternoon all as back from my usual Pilates class & then a physio session. I’m really thankful that we had a relief physio for 2 weeks & he actually hit the nail on the head re the source of my referred pain. It’s muscular & coming from my hip/butt as I have weak muscles there or have got lazy in using them…so all my RHS is tight as & getting referred pain. I can tell you that when he worked on my piriformis muscle (butt) I just about hit the roof. But I’m sleeping through better & much less pain. Now have to work on those squats!
    I had a MOMENT this morning at pilates. There is a large mirror at the side so you can check technique. So I’m wearing my stretchy black pants & a sports top…..I’m standing up from an exercise…look in the mirror…..and think….My goodness I just about look slim! Now I’ve still got a long way to go but it just hit me full-on how far I have come with 5:2 & how much it’s changing my shape. Dontcha just love those moments. And for anyone who’s on a plateau….wonder what YOUR next one will be, because there WILL be one down the track. Just hang tight and persist aaand I know it’s hard, but be patient with yourself and your body. It’s working so hard for you you have to give it time.
    So another FD today. HB eggs are boiling as OH stole some! Hope you’re all doing well and managing to stick to your 500 or 600. AS CG says it’s so easy now for most of us as we know the routine and what works for us best. And dream about what you might eat tomorrow – just not too hard! suejen XXX and thx for the encouraging words girls.
    PS yes OH is the same…stops eating cake with his coffee for a couple of days & bam.

Hi suejen, I know what you mean with the butt muscles, they hurt SO much when being worked on, my chiro often does that to me, and he is used to me swearing now so just laughs….as soon as he hears sh………t, anyway, it does feel better after 🙂 refurred pain is a bummer, I get aches and pains all over, and think what have I done now, only to find it’s still coming from my crushed nerve! Stick with it my friend, it certainly worth it….when I think about what I’ve spent with my chiro over the years, I could have been a wealthy women 😉 oh well, money doesn’t buy happiness…..but I could shore have fun trying 🙂
    Awful cold wintery day, lot of inside chores done, soup on the go, nice and warm inside 🙂 ….half way through our fast team, so the tough part comes soon, HB egg, carrot straws (they are sweet) miso soup…you all know the drill…..and above all…positive thinking, remember the pride tonight when you get into bed and anticipate those scales in the morning 🙂 😉 🙂 xxxxxxxx

Hello all!

Doggy – I listen to meditation tapes too sometimes (had bad insomnia for a couple of years, but over now, thankfully). I like guided meditations like Yoga Nidra, or, oddly enough, uni podcasts (Dukes and other Unis do free podcasts on Apple University – Apple Store)- just enough learning and then sweet dreams, teaching voices are auto sleep inducers for idjits like me 🙂 LOL
    FB – The tummy control briefs are great, (as the sagging tummy and other wobbly bits need help in a dress or skirt 🙂 ) but the stocking was an epic fail – yes, you are right, could have bought cheaper ones that I normally do wear for much more comfortable results, but the chemist that was closer to the office and sold me the stuff (“this is a much better product”, she said!). Oh well, one lives and learns 🙂

Afternoon fellow Determinators. I spent most of the day cocooned in my bede sleeping…. until my slumber was gently broken with the smell of turkish bread toast and soup served by OH and dog. SOOOOO Good.

SJ-What a cool moment to have … nothing like the pilates mirror to show you how trim you are. well done YAHOO!!!! The pilates will help with any type of muscular pain… pity it will not cure the flu.
    LOTUS- why worry with stocking- BE DARE suspenders and stockings are what you may like to consider now you are looking so dam fine!
    DOGGIE- Did you have snow where you are? hope you and OH and Pepper are warm and the winds are not too strong.
    FB- You are doing so very well AND you are allowed to let off some frustrations … you also know that we are here to help when needed . Take good care of “THE EYE CANDY”LOL.. what weight were you talking about with your OH ? I do not recall noticing any!
    CG – So good talking to you last night…. stay warm ….Don’t let DOGGIES’ cold ice winds get in.

Have a warm comforting night team … See you at the weigh in tomorrow….GO GALxxx

GG, I hope the rest has done you good, and you have stopped competing with Oscar in a barking competition! 🙂 you poor thing 🙂 I hope tomorrow goes quickly if you’re working then home to relax and recouping. Yes, Doggy’s weather is at my front door for sure, bitterly cold wind, I didn’t fiddle when out feeding the sheep, now I feed them in their shed so its warmer.
    Close to dinner now team, nearly there, hang in YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT 🙂 xxxxx

Doggy, CG ( and others experiencing the cold weather) – stay safe and warm 🙂
    GG – I am kind of picturing you and Oscar competing – funny 🙂 but so nice to be pampered ! And yes stockings plus garters, hmmm interesting idea – might try 🙂

Hi All!
    Sunny here this morning but still quite cool..temps in the single figures and it’s supposed to be summer!! Out to lunch today with some lovely ladies who used to share in round the clock care for my dad in the last few years of his life – we do this once a month, as we grew very close during those difficult times and they were so good to him; treated him with such respect, care and dignity. So, it’s supposed to be FD for me but reckon this lunch is more important.
    FB – you’re welcome! I’m sure things will start to move for you soon, especially if you are a little more careful on non FDs – I know that worked for me when I got stuck. Don’t be too hard on yourself; you are genuinely beautiful as you are and if your OH is also ‘eye candy’!, you sure must be a handsome couple! I am thinking of dropping hints to my OH how easy it is for men to lose weight in this wol and I would be thrilled if he decided to give it a go.
    SJ, Lacie – it’s a great feeling to see and feel the changes in the mirror or clothes and makes this all so worthwhile. Even clothes that I’ve been wearing before the loss just sit and look so much better on me now, that I feel as if I almost have a new wardrobe….much cheaper than buying new clothes!
    Sleeping is an issue for me too; I think I have had broken sleep nearly all my adult life due to various factors – small babies, stress of the job, family cares and now, menopause and night sweats….it never ends. I have just accepted that I will never sleep properly, but maybe I will give the magnesium a go.
    Doggy – I’m sure your plateau will end soon too. I like the sound of your exotic ingredients and hope you enjoy making some tasty dishes; you can do this!
    GG – hope you’re feeling better soon, sounds like you have a right dose – however, your OH seems to be doing a good job nursing you through it! 😉
    CG – glad you’re keeping safe and warm; soups and stews will certainly be your best friend. Look after yourself xx
    Gypsy – have to keep going back to read your poem; it’s so heartfelt and moving, I really love it. Hope you’re renewing your body and soul on you travels <3
    Take care, gang, and happy weigh-in tomorrow!

FIT-<3 back to you!……GO GALxxx

Ha ha ha GG, he is a happy dappy duck to hear that you did not notice any extra weight on him.
    Fit, i reckon you are right, more disciplined NFD may be the answer.
    I was fasting until 7pm, then a friend called up, went to meet her at shopping centre and decided to have dinner together, followed by a donut . All up still remained under TDEE of 1200 cals as I did not eat anything during the day. I think, i may do my third fast for the week on Sunday and then Monday will be first fast of next week. Looks like another B2B is on cards…
    Nighty Nite Gang… See you all tomorrow.
    FB

Big time blow out today for me, I going ask you all to stop me eating junk on non FDs!!

FB, I had the same problem, a friend called in I put the kettle on, out came the bikkies….thought I was being good, only had ONE scotch finger bikkie…81 bl…y cals! So I’m over too, just around 600 but not to worry, still a good day, better than a NFD
    And of course Lotus, we will help you 🙂 , that’s what we are here for…nighty nite team xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 5,051 through 5,100 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.